[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/ Shapeshifting general: Details mat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 432
Thread images: 38

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Shapeshifting general: Details matter

N. Jolly's vigilante book playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit?usp=sharing

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
http://web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread: >>48124544
>>
File: 1345060292428.jpg (31KB, 480x318px) Image search: [Google]
1345060292428.jpg
31KB, 480x318px
rolling up a 10th level synth summoner. Is VMCing rogue worth it for the evasion, dodge, and sneak attack damage?
>>
>>48136670
>OP is El Goonish Shive

How low have we sunk?
>>
>>48136790
It's a cute frame, doesn't need context.
>>
>>48136764
I feel like there are better classes than rogue to VMC for a summoner. It seems like you're mostly going melee combat, but you could always go a qinggong or MOMS, or a stalker if you have 3pp access.
>>
>>48136670
Shapeshifters are lewd
>>
>>48136670
>>48136790
>>48136813
I recognized it from the thumbnail, but I think it's nice. It lets everyone who comes here know, this is a thread for degenerates.
>>
>>48136832
Considering rogue is literally the worst VMC, I would agree.
>>
>>48136856
Literally can't be as bad as gunslinger.
>>
>>48136832
>>48136856
Trapfinding would be shit, but getting the dodge and evasion are interesting.. but going biped/huge/fucktons of attacks means that dex is going to be shit.
>>
>>48136855
Trying to decide a multiclass for my aegis, thinking of bloodrager.
>>
>>48136670
why does everyone and their mom play pathfinder? what does it do well? what does it do badly?

not b8
>>
>>48136937
Short answer you'll get here: People play it because other people play it.

It's easy to find games.

I personally play it for the number of options, and my friends are cool. So we ignore or fix many of the system choices.
>>
>>48136764
I created an improved VMC homebrew. Might be worth taking a look at:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lQR08Ay37FhDpVzYQ0yi9gzUn4WudeLRdH9ejVvjmmM/edit?usp=drive_web
>>
>>48136670
Fuck pathfinder. All you need to do to win is to put as many ranks into search and spot as you can; take feats like skill focus and whatever, and you'll find the path.
It seriously takes longer to roll up a character than it does to play a full game.
Pathfinder a shit.
>>
>>48137081
nice bait
>>
I'm level 6 and I have 850 gp left to spend for a caravan focused game, /pfg/. My current items are a Mithral Katana, a Mithral Chain Shirt +1, a Cloak of Resistance +1, a Belt of Dexterity +2, an Amulet of Natural Armor +1, a Ring of Protection +1, and a Vest of Endure Elements. What else should I buy?
>>
File: !!.png (278KB, 1066x916px) Image search: [Google]
!!.png
278KB, 1066x916px
>>48137081
This anon knows what's up
>>
Does Astral Skin aegis mode count as +0 for purposes of Crystal Spaulder enhancement bonuses, or do I need to just cover myself in Djzet skin to have something to buff?
>>
>>48137081
but anon, you use perception. spot and search are 3.5e.
>>
>>48136937

Well, when D&D 4th Edition came out, a lot of people hated how different it was from 3rd and 3.5 Edition. Pathfinder is very similar to 3.5, but with a few small changes and improvements, so 3.x fans migrated to it rather than the hated 4e. It's a high-fantasy, combat-heavy system with craploads of options that let you make just about any kind of character you could ever want-however, it has balance issues, and is pretty inaccessible to new players, thanks in part to the inclusion of trap options that should have been removed back in 3.5. Also, it's awkward at running anything that ISN'T a high-fantasy, combat-heavy game.
>>
File: realmsofchaos1.gif (53KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
realmsofchaos1.gif
53KB, 640x400px
>>48137181
My DM uses survival for pathfinder the absolute madman.
>>
>>48137153
Why buy a mithral katana?

That's 3000 gold you're never going to see again. I'm a little tired to be looking over lists of wondrous items, but you could always go for a sleeves of many garments, traveller's any tool, handy haversack, or any one of a hundred little items, like bags or crowbars.
>>
>>48137215
Mithral Current user, maybe?
>>
>>48137228
Maybe, I suppose. That's still a difference of 2910gp for 1 damage.

Not really the most efficient at 6th level.
>>
>>48137215
What >>48137228 said - I'm a Bushi Stalker (Vigilante), Mithral Current is my main discipline, and I can make enemies vulnerable to Silver (and never have to worry about DR/Silver). Plus, it's a flavorful item.

Can't afford the Haversack, but the Anytool might come in handy.
>>
>>48136973
I personally like the system.

I may not like a lot of the CONTENTS of the system, but I like the system itself.
>>
>writing mythic AP
>all mythic ranks are gained by slaying mythic creatures and stealing mythic sparks from them
>difficulty is turned up to 11
>homebrew races, only ones human related being humanoid
>homebrew continent with odd politics
>players are part of one of 3 mercenary companies they choose at the beginning with large list of started NPCs
>follow a war both public and in the shadows
No idea if people would even play it or if it is too difficult. There is a legitimate chance if simply "Losing" the AP and having to stop (which is stated at the beginning of book 1).
>>
>>48137857
>>homebrew races, only ones human related being humanoid
Why?
>>
>>48137908
Because I want more unique races rather than "human but..." races.
>>
>>48137926
So what are the races in setting going to be?
>>
So, how do you guys balance having Path of War enemies? I dabbled with this once but I wound up having the party getting trashed.
>>
>>48137947
Lot's of counters.
>>
>>48137947
Don't give the enemies full-on initiating. Give them only the Martial Training feats, or only give them a couple levels in a partial-initiator class like Myrmidon or Primal Disciple. Focus on the enemies having counters rather than boosts or strikes; the biggest problem with Pathfinder combat is that it's rocket tag, so counters help to prolong a fight and make people more wary and careful instead of blowing all of their buffs at once only to get countered with it all.
>>
>>48137947
A signature, but not optimized maneuver, maybe a stance if they're supposed to be a boss. Getting into a pose with their sword encased in frost magic, or enshrouded with fire is good pre-fight flavour.

And yeah, plenty of counters. It makes a fight last without them feeling like you contrived them being useless to keep the fight going.
>>
>>48137947
>>48137998
Pretty much this. Monsters already have the TAB and damage they need and special abilities to make them dangerous anyway - or at least, should - so giving them counters helps make the combat longer.

Don't give PoW to enemies if there's more than 3 in the field, or it just takes too long.

If you want to challenge a PoW party, use pressure, not attrition. Increase the CR of an encounter out of the blue by having reinforcements show up (that were there before, don't magic them into existence unless you gotta), traps go off, etc. that force them to decide if they want to spend time recovering maneuvers or just run away and come back in a few minutes after the enemy's prepared for them better.
>>
Which book is Initiator's Soul in?
>>
My attempt at making a template for a single creature boss fight

Grip of Destiny(Su)
"The creature summons bets their whole being on the battle gaining unnatural prowess."

At the start of combat the creature can force their entire soul to blaze forth.

The Creature rolls Initiative three times. On the Highest of these rolls, the creature acts normally. The other rolls, the creature gets a single standard action.

Spell slots are recharged after 1d4+1 rounds.

Fast healing = to HD/class levels.

Melee attack damage is bumped up a size category.

all the power comes at a price, For every round they have the power active, they burn a class level, or hit die as fuel Loosing it permanently outside of wish/miracle spells, or regaining the lost levels via leveling up.

IF they exceed their HD in rounds spent, they start hemorrhaging their soul and die after Con modifier rounds.

Its anime as fuck, and completely unplaytested, but i like it.
>>
>>48138090
Well yeah, but pretty soon they'll be too low-level to do much.

And then you just kinda push them around and laugh until they drop dead.
>>
>>48136764
Doesn't synth. summoner already get evasion from their eidolon?
>>
File: 1449731301041.jpg (350KB, 1000x1315px) Image search: [Google]
1449731301041.jpg
350KB, 1000x1315px
Gonna link this in the new thread too, now.

I've created an archetype for the Kineticist that gives it Veilweaving, therefore helping it to live up to ALL-DAY MAGIC. It's also compatible with the Avant Guard, so there's that! If people could give me some helpful critique that'd be wonderful.

http://pastebin.com/7vWfS4CU
>>
>>48138122
>>48138090

Oh right, the level down effect was supposed to kick in after they stopped using it.
>>
>>48138149

I want to fuck that jackal.
>>
>>48138090
Read through this: http://theangrygm.com/return-of-the-son-of-the-dd-boss-fight-now-in-5e/
It did what you intended, except better and simpler.
>>
Do we know anything about about Legacy of Dragons beyond the info on the Paizo website yet? Pathfinder has been supplying me a good amount of Dungeons, but I will go after anything with Dragons like a......
...something? I can't think of a metaphor, I need my fix of overhped scaley goodness.
>>
File: dragon kobold.jpg (350KB, 600x779px) Image search: [Google]
dragon kobold.jpg
350KB, 600x779px
>>48138315
Like a kobold, anon.
>>
>>48138149
>http://pastebin.com/7vWfS4CU
State whether Gather Essence stacks-with or overwrites the existing essence investment in things. Just to note, if it's the latter, toss this ability in the trash and set the room on fire to make sure the trashcan can't escape.

Assuming it was the former; it's a bit too action intensive; you're spending 2 such essence per 1 burn, so even composite blasts require prior charging up.

Consider setting veilweaving attribute to CON, because kineticists already require DEX and CON to be quite high.

Kinetic Weaving is not very good. You're looking at a 15 essence class, 17 realistically with the extra essence feat, and since you've lost your empower blast and all that are required to keep full essence investment in your blast, for what's effectively Overflow-again.

We're looking at 5 essence always stuck there.
>>
>playing evil campaign
>everyone is meh tier "I guess since I'm evil I'll steal this and kick a kitten"
>actually play a sickfuck hedonistic bastard
>murder, drugs, sex, the whole shebang
>GM is suddenly uncomfortable about my evil-ness
Well what the fuck did you think would happen you stupid idiot?
>>
>>48138503
People would be reasonable humans instead of autistic edgelords or something along those lines, I'd guess.
>>
>>48138503
Last time I played an evil character I was a radical anarchist terrorist. I cleared the character, his alignment, and his motivations with the GM before hand. He ended up killing my character session 2 with a powerful NPC. I don't even know why, I didn't fuck over the party, and I did not do anything that did not make sense for my character to do. I was subsequently kicked from the game and my actions retconned.

We weren't even in a predominately good party. It was LN, TN, and NG besides me.
>>
>>48138228

Right this is already leagues better than what i came up with. Thanks a bundle!
>>
File: DunMeshFrog.png (520KB, 717x562px) Image search: [Google]
DunMeshFrog.png
520KB, 717x562px
So what does everyone think of that Vigilante Playtest in the OP, anyway? Is it busted, or pretty good so far? Most of the archetypes and talents looked kinda dumb, but I have a massive boner for the Fortune Thief and am hopeful for the archetypes that got teased. Some of the talents look totally ridiculous, though I'm not really sure I can complain since it would make a lot of really stupid gimmick weapons and fighting styles actually usable.

I don't actually have any superhero-esque image in my folder so you get this shit instead.
>>
>>48138543
Not even playing it as an autistic edgelord though. There is a difference between:
>I stab the merchant and drink his blood because I failed my roll to get a better deal
and
>party has to interrogate a hired goon who might have information
>tell their PCs to leave the room if their squeamish
>go "the best of 24" on the guy and start peeling off toe nails

Sex, drugs, rock and murder does not an edgelord make. Just because you're an autist doesn't mean everyone else is.
>>
>>48138606
>Well what the fuck did you think would happen you stupid idiot?
>no ur the autist
Ok
>>
Question about leadership (I know I know...):

You can get leadership for free as Olheon's 3rd boon (Celestial Obedience feat or Mystery Cultist PrC). The text is possibly missing a bit?

>"You automatically gain the Leadership
feat, and you are always considered to have a reputation of fairness and generosity so long as you maintain your allegiance to Olheon. If you already have the Leadership feat, you gain an additional +2 bonus to your Leadership score. You may choose to attract a hound or legion archon as a cohort. Your archon cohort gains additional HD to bring its total HD to 2 lower than your own level."

Do they... take class levels, as normal cohorts do, or do they just get increased HD instead?

Monster cohorts usually have an effective cohort level, so they still take class levels but just get a lower number of them. This seems like the most reasonable way to interpret the boon (as opposed to starting at lv1 as humans do), but they aren't given an effective cohort level, nor are they on the normal list of them (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/leadership---final).

what do, other than not taking leadership?
>>
>>48136790
>El Goonish Shive
Dafuq is that and why should I be bothered to give two shits?
>>
File: tyrone_by_halycon450-d89faei.jpg (80KB, 1024x998px) Image search: [Google]
tyrone_by_halycon450-d89faei.jpg
80KB, 1024x998px
>>48138352
Well that escalated quickly.
Little scaly fleshlights...
>>
Is there anything that gives you "better leadership" besides Cavalier's Esquire and Daring General?
>>
>>48138842
Noble Scion
>>
>>48138842
>>48138655

Legion Archon is effective level 15th.
>>
>>48138842
Instructor Wizard
>>
>>48138075

Path of War: Expanded.
>>
>>48138894
>>48138875
>>48138871
I mainly mean gives you extra cohorts.
>>
File: 1452096343638.jpg (227KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1452096343638.jpg
227KB, 480x640px
>>48138452
Alright, thanks for the advice! I've taken it and modified the archetype a bit to be more effective and have some clarity to things. It modifies less stuff and now keeps Metakinesis, so that it can use that "convert essence into burn" ability more effectively.

http://pastebin.com/cN0PkkMR

"What does Akasha look like" was in my head when I was rewriting this, so the pic is what I assume a fully decked-out-in-veils character looks like.
>>
I'm trying to build the most overpowered character I can under the following constraints:
>1pp only
>core races, nagaji, tengu, kitsune (ugh) or wayang
>no summoners except the shitty unchained one
>2 traits, no drawbacks
Yes, it's for PFS. Yes, I realize PFS is shit. I wouldn't be doing this otherwise. Right now, I'm thinking half-orc (fate's favored and sacred tattoo) dual-cursed (haunted and legalistic, haunted improves) lunar oracle. Can I do better?
>>
>>48139232
So be a lunar oracle with the Hunger curse. Be a race that gets claws to start (or gore, either works). Take the natural weapons revelation. At level 3 take power attack. You can go at something like 60 average damage per round at level 3, plus your animal companion.
>>
>>48139008
Personally, I always imagined it as some kind of magic EQUIP action like in Digital Tamers, Megaman.eye stuff, Medabots, or like a spontaneous version of Zoids

I also liked some of the illustrations from the original Incarnun book, since you can see the meld being specterally projected from the individual casting it.
>>
File: j0l1yd.jpg (41KB, 400x596px) Image search: [Google]
j0l1yd.jpg
41KB, 400x596px
>>48139475
Kinda like pic related with his crown, you mean? Also, got any feedback for this? Any bit helps, even just a "this sucks and doesn't work and here's why"!
>>
>>48138951
>extra cohorts
get cucked
>>
File: 9b7.jpg (110KB, 902x675px) Image search: [Google]
9b7.jpg
110KB, 902x675px
>>48138352
>the coke can
>>
>>48139519
Daring General does, they just have to be full BaB classes.

Last time I played a level 20 Daring General I had a Paladin, a Ranger, and a Bloodrager.
>>
In pathfinder one would consider most PCs essentially a PMD (Person of Mass Destruction).

It occurs to me that a lot of this power would be highly regulated by any competent government. Because of magic globalization is a thing for any wealthy nation, along with enormous amounts of facilities that normal countries with their technology level would not have.

Some of the things I could see are the following:
>Tests on children to find Sorcerers/Bloodragers in the population, have them be on a watch list
>Alchemy/Wizardry/Magi/Anyone who uses a spell book be highly regulated with "banned spells". These would be stuff like the more high power combat spells and stuff related to mind control.
>People capable of stuff like rage would be noticed and be told to register, since there are semi-supernatual rage powers (and some just straight supernatural ones)
>Divine casters must register with the government and be part of state sanctioned religions
>Oracles would be taken in by the government if found

What other sort of things could a government do to try and stabilize a nation where PC classes exist.
>>
>>48139677
Give in.
Government funding for the adventuring guild, mandatory minimum attractiveness for barmaids, anything necessary to convince adventurers to go adventure in the other countries and bring the wealth back home to sell and trade away.
>>
>>48139709
I took a leaf out of a post on /tg/ and have the government actually just have paid enforcement squads of PCs.

Also essentially do what you're saying with the government funding expeditions to keep dangerous individuals out of the country killing primitives.
>>
>party go up against dwarf half-dragon draconic bloodrager
>guy is in massive fullplate
>party tries to steal his hoard, thought he was a dragon by how his kobold servants talked about him
>guy stops them, asks them to leave
>party doesn't
>dwarf asks why they are even there, just to steal his belongings
>the party tell him he terrorized the closest town (a dwarven town)
>dwarf tells them he was exiled as a fact of his birth, and that he isn't terrorizing but simply mining the same land for gold
>players not sure what to do as they now have a bit more of the full story
>party feel bad about killing a dozen or so kobolds
>>
File: 1465238831206.jpg (28KB, 500x555px) Image search: [Google]
1465238831206.jpg
28KB, 500x555px
>>48138664
its before your time, the cultural values, idioms, and memes of it were esoteric or fringe at best when it was young, and obsolescent and arcane in this day.

Its like wondering about some truly old, pointless bullshit. There are a ton of web-comics have have come and gone, some wonderful, many not, that are already forgotten and in many cases, thoroughly obliterated from the internet.

tl/dr: Its nothing to waste time on.
>>
File: 1434969695343.jpg (100KB, 459x750px) Image search: [Google]
1434969695343.jpg
100KB, 459x750px
>>48139892
>TFW you were there for the eternal September.

what have I done with my life?
>>
>>48139813

They're kobolds, man. Odds are, they would have done something really stupid and killed themselves somehow. At any rate, it just means more food for the other kobolds.
>>
I never really got how fixed priced special abilities work for magic arms & armor. Do they contribute towards the max +10? Why are they fixed rather than variable like others?
>>
>>48139930
They aren't actually fixed. If you're looking at those tables, that's how they're divided up for the purposes of loot tables.

Like, the one that gives you Breath of Life once a day is grouped with the +5s, because it counts as that for loot rolls, and nothing else.

Flat cost enhancements just add to the total cost, they don't consume or limit or impact the +10 limit at all.
>>
>>48136670
Wow, that person is really fucking terrible at drawing facial features hey?
>>
>>48139962
So I can make a suit of armor with Greater Elemental Resistance to every element?
>>
>>48140003
So long as you can afford it, laddo.
>>
File: asset-forfeiture.jpg (130KB, 848x792px) Image search: [Google]
asset-forfeiture.jpg
130KB, 848x792px
>>48139677
The problem is extremely similar to modern day "lists": Those who should be shot on sight for the safety of the population are those making the list without checking it twice, and giving no fucks if you're naughty or nice.

ANY massively intrusive information or individual-regulation program will always (and history has shown us there really are no exceptions) be abused in every way possible, in the worst ways the program's limitations can allow, and then some. In fact, nowadays many such programs have no use whatsoever outside the abuses and corrupted practices; though they may have a tough-sounding official statement of existence, they were not, are not, and will never be used for anything other than abuses of power!

What it would do is not actually stabilize anything at all, but rather gut the fuck out of the kingdom where this is done: Those in charge, just like the "high programmers" in Alpha Complex (you do recall knowledge of programming is treason) the mind-controllers, miracle-emitters and wish-casters are allowed to do everything they damn well please, divinations are used to ensure anyone who could be a threat is faclon-punched before they're even born, and those allowed to be born are known ahead of time to be exactly the corrupt replacements/reinforcements those who write these laws want.

MEANWHILE you're standing in line to be detected and identified, you randomly get strip-searched by orcs before being allowed to board a carriage, and if someone working for the mind-controllers happens to like your daughter or your shoes, you're under arrest, and they're confiscated for safety.

and you'll lap this shit up like nobody's business, too, because you've had fucking enchanting methods used on you since before your parents were even born.
>>
>destined primalist bloodrager
>Huge luck bonus to saves
>bonus from superstitious
I actually feel pretty damn safe.
>>
>>48139677
So, you're saying mortal governments should have all these restrictions against people who are basically gods? Good luck with that.
>>
>>48140226
They would employ people with PC levels.
>>
>>48140236

There's at least one terribly-written comic series covering the ensuing punch-up when that happens.
>>
>>48136790
The fact you realized it and pointed it out first means wherever we sank, you're at the fucking bottom.
>>
>>48136670

Is this just fetishes general now or what?
>>
>>48139232
You can make the DM throw things at you with a Kitsune Sorcerer taking the FCB and just Charming everything in sight or you can be a Human Divination (Foresight) Wizard with good spells and an Improved Familiar (high level) or Arcane Bond (low level).
>>
File: 4GcvLc9.jpg (221KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
4GcvLc9.jpg
221KB, 700x525px
>>48140294

>Now
>Implying it wasn't before
>>
>>48139898
Hah! Oldfag!
>>
So, halve all spell slots of fullcasters by half. Is this better?
>>
>>48139232
Dunno if all of this is allowed, but

>Human Juju/Legalistic Spirit Guide Oracle
>Noble Scion (War)
>UMD a Ring of Revelation (Nature's Whispers) since the errata on that only says non-Oracles can't use it, not that Oracles with the wrong mystery can't use it
>TECHNICALLY, an Onyx Spell requires Animate Dead to function, so TECHNICALLY if you hold one and then jump off a cliff, you'll turn into a Juju Zombie with full HP per HD. Do it at the bottom of a Descrated cliff, or stick a Voidstick in the ground down there before you jump, so you get even more HP. Then you also get CHA to Fort saves and HP on top of that, easily having double or triple the HP of all the martials at the table, and also the natural armor and whole other host of benefits Juju Zombie provides. Then you're immune to goddamn everything that's bad ever.
>If the GM won't allow that, make a pressure plate-based trap of Create Dead set to Juju Zombie mode out of a CL 11 scroll + an Enervate scroll. You made the trap, therefore you made the undead that it shits out, and it's explicitly Create Undead. Now you and the party can have a jolly old time as undead together.
>If the GM still won't allow that, I'm pretty sure the rules for cursed items are PFS. Use the crafting rules to ignore the CL requirement for a Phylactery and stack a shitload of nasty curses on the thing to make it like 2gp, throw it in a fucking well and forget about it since it never works anyway, and attain Lichdom without the resurrection at whatever fucking level you want.

>TL;DR Juju Zombie Oracle + Become fucking undead somehow = OP as shit.

You can also use Blood Money and a Wand of Lesser Restoration to basically turn everyone you meet into skellingtons and ruin every single AP you come in contact with, via skellingtons, because it's hilariously easy to stack CL for Animate Dead, and Juju Oracles get 6HD/CL anyway, so even the shitty Lesser AD can grab good shit at CL 4.
>>
>>48140827
No, they just spend more money on Pearls of Power and Rods of Echoing Spell you fucking retard.
>>
>>48140827
It's a very, very anti-fun solution that doesn't solve much. They still completely change the game and need more frequent breaks OR completely change the game and then play on their fucking phone for the rest of your session.
>>
>>48140827
Ban T1 classes unless the player specifically works with the GM and provides a reason to use one, put the Tiered Gestalt rules in effect, and use some of the better 3pp stuff that makes non-casters better and provides options for less-retarded casters.
>>
>>48140915
Ban that shit, you goddamn thirsty cockmongler.

>>48140923
They'll be able to cast fewer times, and need to consider what they cast.

>>48140984
Not necessary to ban them, just rein them in a whole deal.

Generalist wizards should be banned, with school specializations only available.
>>
>>48141019
No, I'm saying that that's basically what you do to fix the problems to some degree. Halving spell slots is an unnecessary kick in the dick, and doesn't actually solve any of the problems.
>>
>>48141019
You kill them in the early game where they're not a significant problem, and they have enough spell slots when they get high level to not be hurt.
>>
File: Seoni.jpg (82KB, 736x1065px) Image search: [Google]
Seoni.jpg
82KB, 736x1065px
>that OP

Well the tone is set

Would you polymorph your character into a Seoni?
>>
>>48141035
How's that?

>>48141048
Good, they need to earn their experience.

Another idea is to have them keep their spell slots but have spells deal sanity damage proportional to the level of spell cast.
>>
>>48141091
The problem isn't spell slots, it's that T1 classes get enough power to drastically change how the game functions, and to some extent, so does T2. Tiered gestalt allows underperforming classes to do better and branch out a bit. Banning T1 unless the player works with the GM and agrees to not be a cunt does something to stop it, and gives a direct "We made an agreement. You violated it, fuck off." clause to things.

Halving spell slots is nothing more than a poorly-educated and shittily done slap-dash fix that doesn't actually address the problems.
>>
>>48141110
What about vancian casting, get rid of the entirely?
>>
>>48141128
Great idea, I'll expect your full system rewrite on my desk by tomorrow.
>>
>>48141110
You need to rework all spells, and edit feats.
Might as well play 5e.
>>
>>48141128
>>48141137
Spell points would be the way to go.
>>
>>48141152
Spell points is another caster power trip unless it's been changed a lot since 3.5
>>
>>48141128
It's shit, but it's less shit than most other options. The only real way to help fix magic is GM adjudication when things come up, and working with your players to avoid problematic bullshit and system-abuse.

>>48141140
This guy is also right on the feats thing. Feats need HEAVY editing, because the powerlevel is all the fuck over the place. There's a LOT of useless feats, a slightly lesser number of WAY too strong ones, and a pretty good number of them that aren't completely shit but are still kinda not worth taking.
>>
I'm new to /tg/, me and my friends are playing a homebrew pathfinder campaign, what's the best place to share a video of our session (which i editied all the downtime out of) without getting yelled at for doing it in the wrong place
>>
>>48141158
Doesn't Spheres basically use this system?
>>
>>48141189
Paizo forums, probably.
>>
>>48141189
Nowhere.

Or the Paizo forums, I guess, since they're a shitheap anyway.

This isn't really because you guys are necessarily bad, it's more because there's just not a lot of real interest.
>>
>>48141236
What if it's a fun well produced above average campaign?
>>
>>48141197
Spheres replaces the spells instead of just switching vancian to spell points. Anything that does that I'm all for.
>>
>>48141250
I've seen people stream their campaigns on Twitch. I don't know how else you'd get people to watch them really.
>>
>>48141250
I mean, if you wanna toss up a link, I'm bored as shit anyway so I'll give it a watch and say my thoughts, but I'm not gonna gurantee anything positive.
>>
>>48141250
>>48141260
Actually that's just it, we don't know at all what you'd do to get viewers. It's not really our thing. My advice is to ask some other group or website that does get people watching their games. That would be your absolute best chance at getting a decent answer. Probably followed by asking in a general-roleplaying forum of some kind instead of specifically Pathfinder places, but following that you might ask at the Paizo forums if anyone's done similar.
>>
>>48141260
Hmm, I'm surprised there's not more of a DnD culture for this kind of stuff, I like spectating if the campaign and GM are good.

>>48141266
Sure, here's the vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHFe7x98AuU
And here's the work in progress wiki for Atria, the world this is set in:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiURPzyCOVcwbspv4L25MqZOAy4
Full disclosure I'm the dwarf Urzbek Bricksmith.
I'm a fan of honest feedback, my response to negative constructive comments are usually "shit, they're right, gotta fix that"
>>
>>48140984
Or you just discuss things with your players, making a gentlemen's agreement not to fuck the game like someone who doesn't have autism.

Or play between levels 3-10, where the caster/martial discrepancy is less painful.
>>
>>48141307
I suspect part of why people aren't super into spectating for it are because most groups are fucking terrible, meme-spouters, SJWs, or fuck-ugly fat dudes with cameras. Also because people want to be IN the games, not necessarily WATCH the games.
>>
>>48141307
One of your characters sounds retarded.
>>
>>48141603
Lol, which one? If its my dwarf I'm trying to do a welsh accent for him.
>>
>>48139504
Is it your artwork? If I was attempting to criticize for the point of criticism, his attire is not accessorized or 'regular details''d enough for my liking, but what do I know?
>>
>>48141603
>>48141629
Nah, the player I mean.
>>
>>48141636
It is NOT his artwork. It's from a 3.5 suppliment, tome of magic, specifically the binder section
>>
>>48141636
The guy was asking about the pastebin, not the art.
>>
>>48139232
Kitsune Fighter with the trait that lets you take Magical Tail in place of bonus feats. Spend all of your feats on Magical Tail. Have Dominate Person by 7th level.
>>
>>48141184
Really? The current feats are that bad?
>>
>>48141913
In a word, yes. They range from "Have free metamagic on every spell in exchange of some skill ranks" to "If you don't take this feat, you'll only ever be okay at best in your primary fighting style" to "there's no reason whatsoever to take this feat unless it's a prerequisite for something else you want"
>>
>>48141913
Honestly? Yeah. Yeeeeeeah, they are.

Go look at Lunge. Go look at Prone Shooter. Go look at Sacred Geometry, any Metamagic feats, and anything caster-oriented.

Look at Weapon Focus and how weak it is. Look at Piranha Strike, the strictly worse version of Power Attack. Look at any of the various +2 to two skill feats, Skill Focus, or even that feat that lets you get access to Unchained skills in like 90% of cases. Look at most of the Style feats and how useless they are. Look at fucking Improved Stonecunning or most of the racial feats.

Look at combat styles like Mounted Combat, where you're either KING OF KINGS, GOD OF ALL COMBAT, or you don't have your mount where you are and now you're just Jack the Fuckwit who has a lance he can't properly use.

Don't get me wrong here, there are SOME feats that are okay. Power Attack is decent. Vital Strike with Mythic Vital Strike is relatively usable. Shit like the Combat Maneuver feats are frankly fucking terrible as-is, but if taking the feat for all the Power Attack related ones applied the bonuses to ALL of them, and the same for the Combat Expertise derived ones, then they'd be decent. Because it means you get OPTIONS beyond just one, singular fighting style. It means that you have a character that CAN do more than one thing, and doesn't have to hyperspecialize to the point where their one thing is either THE BEST THING EVER or just not-applicable and the entire character is therefore useless.

Because the way that shit's designed is fucking terrible beyond proper words, and it's a shitty holdover from 3.0/3.5 because of bad writers/developers with no real idea how to design shit, and Paizo continuing it directly off of them because that's what more of the retarded fanbase will eat up. Because nobody is actually smart enough to sit down, look at it, and realize that it's got problems that run deep into the system.

Continued.
>>
Someone should create more traits which benefits the other attributes. Fuck the Int Supremacy
>>
>>48141981

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. This system is shit, we all know it. But we play it because it's popular, and we know it well enough to at least mostly avoid the pitfalls. We know where it breaks and sorta how to whack it back into place. It isn't perfect. It's FAR from perfect. But it's familiar. It's the old, beat up car that everyone's parents had, and even if it smelled a little weird, it was comfortable to drive. You knew how to make the engine purr and what the seat positions needed to be so you'd feel good driving in it. All your friends knew what their seat was in it, they knew how the stereo worked in it, and how to whack the AC to make it turn on properly. That's basically Pathfinder at this point, except Paizo's the manufacturer demanding recalls on their parts, and replacing them with worse, non-functional parts that weren't tested at all. They keep releasing "upgrades" for it that just blatantly don't work, or start making the whole thing belch smoke and fire.
>>
>>48140909
It isn't. That ring only works if you are of the appropriate mystery/level.

I'm not sure what onyx spell is, but I very much doubt your GM would let you pull that cheese, if you expect to cast spells after you die. Also voidsticks give off the desecrate aura when they're in the ground, not your chest.
>>
>>48142007
Produce one that's interesting and legitimately better, and we'll do that.

There isn't one. I've looked, repeatedly, for near on a decade at this point. Pathfinder has the benefit of a large community that produces 3pp content, homebrew, and discusses fixes and problems that the system presents. It makes analyzing it easier, provides solutions for it, and generally gives options that give alternatives to bad options. Sphere for casting, PoW/ToB for martials, stuff like the Legendary Rogue from Legendary Games for Rogues. That sorta shit. Other systems? They don't have that.
>>
buil me( please) the best skald possible( not heavy or medium armor, i hate them) 25 points build form lv to lv 15, if use 3rd party please link me
>>
>>48142042
Kill yourself, you filthy spic.
>>
>>48142007
Just because we can all agree that Pathfinder is shit doesn't mean we agree on some other system to use instead.

>>48142026
Pick a system at random. Chances are it's better than Pathfinder. It just doesn't have the community and never will, because spergs like you insist on only playing the most popular system.
>>
>>48142078
I don't play this shit because it's the most popular, I play it because I personally enjoy it. That doesn't mean that it being popular doesn't effect why some people play it, the amount of content, or the quality of content for it. If there was a system that legitimately was of higher quality, while still retaining a large amount of varied content that supported as many ideas as Pathfinder does, then it'd be worth playing. There isn't, though, so Pathfinder it is.
>>
>>48142102
You DO realize that the amount and variety of content a system gets is directly related to how popular it is, right?
>>
>>48142367
That would mean people actually have to admit that PF is the most popular fantasy system, and people can't do that because /tg/ isn't allowed to like fun thing or things that they like.
>>
>>48142367
Anon, that's literally what I'm saying in that post. I might have fucked it up due to being tired as all shit, but that's part of what I was trying to say.
>>
>>48142099

5e is objectively better and has like 6 pages of ads on Roll20 compared to Pathfinder's 3.
>>
Does a Conversion of the 5e CoS to pathfinder exist?
>>
>>48142404
Your 'objectivity' is suspect given the fact I've seen as many rules and class gripes on the 5fe discussion threads as any PF one.
>>
Can you please help me build a skald from l1 to lv 13( 25 points build, 3rd party allowed, but please tell me, no heavt or medium armor)?
>>
>>48142495
Fuck off.
>>
>>48142495
http://zenithgames.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-comprehensive-pathfinder-guides.html
>>
Is there a way to switch disciplines for an initiator class? Veiled moon looks good for a stalker vigilante but for some reason doesn't get it as a discipline any more.
>>
>>48142662
the guide to the skald sucks.
>>
>>48142680
There's a trait, or you could join a martial tradition.

Vigilante Stalker lost Moon because it's a less Su stalker. It's Batman as opposed to Master Roshi.
>>
>>48142680
Can switch one with a trait, or see if the DM allows martial traditions. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/martial-traditions/the-wayward-path
>>
>>48142741
>>48142740
Perfect. This stalker's a consumate liar and has already been kicked out of the Lords of the Wheel, so getting kicked out of another martial tradition for lying through her teeth and losing the related feat but not the knowledge would be spot on.

Thanks, /pfg/!
>>
>>48142495
Ask on a gaming forum, you're just going to get told to fuck off here, for good reason you filthy mong.
Why can't you build one yourself?
>>
>>48143001
>>48142662
>>48142539
build me one
>>
>>48142977
Every time that fucking image, that fucking annoying image. Why the fuck?
>>
>>48143014
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>48143014
Go be a nigger elsewhere.
>>
>>48143024
build me one
>>
>>48143018

I don't get why it's so annoying.

I think it's kind of cute!
>>
>>48143029
kek
>>
>>48143014
YOUR MOTHER'S SO LOOSE
Skald 1
N Large magical beast
Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, scent; Perception +12
Defense
AC 15, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+1 Dex, +5 natural, –1 size)
hp 47 (5d10+20)
Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +2
Offense
Speed 30 ft.
Melee 2 claws +8 (1d6+4 plus grab), bite +8 (1d6+4)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Statistics
Str 19, Dex 12, Con 18, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Base Atk +5; CMB +10 (+14 grapple); CMD 21 (25 vs. trip)
Feats Improved Initiative, Great Fortitude, Skill Focus (Perception)
Skills Perception +12
Ecology
Environment temperate forests
Organization solitary, pair, or pack (3–8)
Treasure incidental
>>
>>48143029
>>48143059
build me one
>>
>>48143032
See >>48143059
You can shut the fuck up now.
>>
>>48143079
build me one with more cha
>>
>>48143085
Skald 1
CE Small humanoid (derro)
Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +0
DEFENSE
AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+2 armor, +2 Dex, +2 natural, +1 size)
hp 25 (3d8+12)
Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +6
SR 14
Weaknesses vulnerability to sunlight

OFFENSE
Speed 20 ft.
Melee short sword +5 (1d4) or aklys +5 (1d6)
Ranged repeating light crossbow +5 (1d6/19–20 plus poison) or aklys +5 (1d6)
Special Attacks sneak attack +1d6
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 3rd)
At will—darkness, ghost sound (DC 13)
1/day—daze (DC 13), sound burst (DC 15)

STATISTICS
Str 11, Dex 15, Con 18, Int 10,Wis 5, Cha 16
Base Atk +2; CMB +1; CMD 13
Feats Improved Initiative, Weapon Finesse
Skills Perception +0, Stealth +9
Languages Aklo, Undercommon
SQ madness, poison use
>>
>>48143085
lvl 8 skald
LE Large outsider (giant, native, oni, shapechanger)
Init +7; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +13
DEFENSE

AC 21, touch 12, flat-footed 18 (+4 armor, +3 Dex, +5 natural, –1 size)
hp 92 (8d10+48); regeneration 5 (fire or acid)
Fort +12, Ref +5, Will +10
SR 19
OFFENSE

Speed 40 ft., fly 60 ft. (good)
Melee greatsword +14/+9 (3d6+10)
Ranged composite longbow +10 (2d6+7)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 9th)

Constant—fly
At will—darkness, invisibility
1/day—charm monster (DC 17), cone of cold (DC 18), gaseous form, deep slumber (DC 16)
STATISTICS

Str 24, Dex 17, Con 23, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 17
Base Atk +8; CMB +16; CMD 29
Feats Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Improved Initiative, Iron Will
Skills Bluff +14, Disguise +14, Fly +5, Intimidate +14, Knowledge (arcana) +13, Perception +13, Sense Motive +13, Spellcraft +13, Use Magic Device +14
Languages Common, Giant
SQ change shape (Small, Medium, or Large humanoid; alter self or giant form I), flight
>>
>>48143014
>>48142495
PROTIP: /PFG/ will not build you a skald if you ask them to build you one.

However, if you build a shitty skald they will tell you you're a faggot and tell you the optimal build.

Because they are only happy in shitting over others to prove superiority.

Hope that helps, and try that next thread!
>>
>>48143109
Fuck off you filthy mong.
>>
>>48143104
>>48143129
>>48143095
build me one
>>
>>48143154
(You)
>>
File: 1401283526298.jpg (88KB, 450x254px) Image search: [Google]
1401283526298.jpg
88KB, 450x254px
What race is the most likely to have no issue with becoming a prostitute, or being particularly promiscuous?
>>
I'm making a custom trait for each of the PCs in a new game I'm starting, and one of them is a big time glory seeker who wants to make a name for himself as a monster slayer. I'm thinking that a good trait would be a +1 trait bonus on attack and damage rolls as long as he's attacking a powerful foe, but which of the following would be a better way to determine what counts as a powerful foe:

a) a creature with HD greater than your character level

b) a creature with CR greater than your character level

I want the trait to be something that triggers often enough but isn't always going to be active. There's no glory to be found in killing a bunch of crabs on the beach, but slaying a dragon or something will have people talking about your name for a long time.
>>
>>48143195

Human.
>>
>>48143195

Elves.

They're damn near immortal, are typically beautiful, can't get pregnant easily and have a pantheon that includes the Goddess of Sluts.

Though >>48143206 brings up a fascinating point; Elves have many lovers because that's just how their race functions due to their unique physiology, but Humans? They're just sluts for the D.
>>
>>48139892
But it updates to this day.
>>
>>48143195
Gnomes, based on Gnomes of Golarion.
>>
File: 1407687491477.jpg (1MB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1407687491477.jpg
1MB, 1600x1000px
I've been house-ruling a lot. One of the things I want to do is reduce the number of numbers to be looked up and added in character creation. So, instead of getting HP and skill points and spell slots from ability scores and class, they get it only from class, though the amount the classes give is increased to compensate.

One thing I want to get input on, however, is "how much HP should characters have, anyway?" My current system is 20 HP at 1st level +5hp per level after that, but I'm not sure if that is too much.
>>
>>48143195

Gnomes. They're originally from the First World and that makes them Fey too.
>>
>>48143195
Humans, Gnomes, Tieflings, Elves, Fetchlings, Changelings, Suli, Ratfolk, Dhampirs, Vanaras, Vishkanyas, and Sylphs
>>
>>48142977
Essence is going to be better than 1/2 level frequently on classes that care, due to the catalyst items, but it's more complicated for sure.
>>
>>48143195

In order

>Elves
>Tieflings
>Changelings
>Dhampirs
>Gnomes
>Half-Elves
>Humans
>>
>>48143288
Are you even playing pathfinder anymore?
>>
>>48143288
That's not how you do it. That's not how you do that shit at all.

If you want to kill number bloat start axing magic items and look into E6/E8 style games.
>>
>>48143349
Eh, I use max +10 at first level, then half-round-down after that to mitigate Rusty Dagger Shanktown.
>>
File: Deal With It spider.gif (2MB, 400x212px) Image search: [Google]
Deal With It spider.gif
2MB, 400x212px
>>48143349
That's a Ship of Theseus puzzle I don't want to get into.

>>48143367
I did cut down magic items a lot. E6, however, is a whole different playstyle.
>>
>>48143329
This is false. Dangerously false.
You cannot afford a +3 Catalyst before level 11, and that assumes you put 72k of your 82k WBL into the catalyst.

At level 11, you are allowed to invest 3 essence. Half your level would be 5, and 6 at 12th. You can *match* half your level at 12th using a +3 catalyst and maximum essence, only beating the basics if you've got an expanded capacity by being a vizier for example. Still need at least a +1 catalyst to equal on a vizier though, since 5 is notably not 6.

So maximum investment AND a catalyst can match half-level... and the other veils do not.

If you weren't putting your money on being equal,you could instead increase the save DCs above and beyond half your level for much cheaper.

Essence Invested vs half-level is a crossbow vs longbow situation.
>>
Can a Ring of Spell Storing store a spell-like or supernatural version of a spell?

Like, can it store a spare "Magic Weapon 1/day as a supernatural ability" or whatever?
>>
>>48143917
Spell-like, maybe. Supernatural, no. I don't think spell-likes are allowed by RAW, but I'd allow it if I was running the game.
>>
>>48143917
Spell-like, arguably. Sp. are treated just like spells for most purposes. Supernatural, definitely not.
>>
Any way to get Astral Armor to count as Mithral or something?
>>
Quick question as a DM
How can I DM for a group of two level 5's and two level 1's in a way where every party member feels impactful and useful?
The level 5 characters are a from a past adventure that my friends are playing, and the level 1 characters are being played by two friends that we are introducing to pathfinder.
What do.
>>
>>48144028

You couldn't just let the new people play level 5 characters?
>>
>>48144028

Let the new players start at level 5.
>>
>>48144028
Well first, it helps if they themselves are useful. If it was just the fighter and the monk, you're going to need a different kind of campaign.

Your biggest issue is the level difference. The players are going to have to really get involved in 'training' the newbies rather than showing off; taking on challenges and holding back to give the level 1s a chance to learn and thrive; CR5 encounters would murder them, but CR1 might be too much even if they hold back and just buff the lowbies. Try 2 if they buff, 1 and ask'em to hold back otherwise.

Either way, the "goal" here is to get the newbies up to speed, as it's NEVER a good idea to adventure with such vastly different character levels.

Also don't forget, sped-up levelling on the newbies will require gear to match!
>>
>>48144042
>>48144048
I'm trying to avoid that, because they are completely new to tabletop RPG's and I want them to take it easy when it comes to learning the 10 billion rules that pathfinder has. I feel like escalating them to 5 off the bat would make things a lot more overwhelming with the class abilities/feats/etc that they would end up gaining.
>>48144069
I've been thinking about limiting the level 5 characters in a similar way, but they are both just fighter classes with no spells and the players get their fun out of being the carries/tanks with stronk weapons; that's what they were for the group previously. This makes me scared because if I limit them, they would literally be doing nothing in combat and wouldn't be having fun.
>>
>>48137153
A wagon?
>>
>>48144111
>they are completely new to tabletop RPG's

Obligatory reminder that Pathfinder is a TERRIBLE system for introducing new people to tabletop gaming.
>>
>>48144141
I know pathfinder is a terrible first system, but our group of friends are more focused on the roleplaying bit and don't care enough to learn something beginner friendly like 5e for the new guys.
>>
>>48144141
This is not trolling, anon is entirely correct.
We're all here because we're autism and everyone else uses it because their autism. The system is broken every which way to the core.

There are SO MANY better options to introduce newbies.
>>
>>48144168
>more focused on roleplaying
>still insist on using Pathfinder

Sounds like you have a terrible group.
>>
>>48144111

Well, even if you don't want to blindside them with rules, level 1 is risky bidness anyway, especially if you're including challenges to keep the level 5s busy. They have only a single hitdie's worth of health, and very few class features that can keep them alive while they plunge the depths of Rusty Dagger Shanktown-even if you intend to make speed-leveling a thing, would it really be so bad to start them at 2?
>>
>>48144016
I don't know, but do you know what natural attacks count as under the Improved Damage ability?
>>
>>48144210
We're just a group of friends that wanted to play a roleplaying game, and learned from a guy that played pathfinder.
The two level 5 players don't want to relearn a new system. I've pitched 5e to them several times and they have resisted so far. It doesn't really matter too much to me, so I'm not gonna force them into a different system.
>Sounds like you have a terrible group.
Sure, but we have fun.
>>48144224
2 could definitely work, I'll have to take a look at the adventure path and figure things out.
>>
>>48136670
So for a mini-campaign I'm making a Brawler, and I wanted to go the full CQC route
I've got grappling as the focus with Charging Stag Style, but I was curious if Trip or Disarm should be the next focus
No PoW is preferrable. Most of the other players save one are new. Like, brand spankin' new, so the DM suggested starting with just the 1st party stuff, and going from there
>>
>>48144518
Take a look at the Throat Slicer feat if you're going for a CQC build. It fucks enemies up.
>>
>>48142026
>Darwin's World (Savage Worlds system conversion)
>Mutant Chronicles
>Dark Heresy
>Rogue Trader

FantasyCraft is decent but lacks a proper setting of its own, if you're gonna get frothy about sci-fi.
>>
>>48144292
I'd say put the party up against CL4 single-enemy encounters, but I'm apparently capable of having a pair of grizzly bears nearly a whole party of level 6/mythic 1 characters...
>>
File: seduce.png (136KB, 560x651px) Image search: [Google]
seduce.png
136KB, 560x651px
>>48144016
Nobody?
>>
>>48145015
Ask your DM if your astral suit qualifies as "mind armor" for the purposes of a Power Charm of Quicksilver from Steelforge?
>>
If I'm using a shield as a primary weapon, I don't need to take the off-hand penalty to bashing with it, do I?
>>
I really like 4 level casters (paladin/ranger/bloodragers). What are the most castery version/archetypes for these classes?
>>
>>48144266
Natural weapons are always considered to be light weapons for these purposes.

>>48144016
It doesn't exist, but that's an interesting thought.
At the very least, the armor forms are automatically masterwork.
>>
>>48145062

Don't know about rangers or bloodragers, but Paladins can take the Sacred Servant archetype to get Domain spells, and they also get the Planar Ally series of spells (Lesser at 8, normal at 12, Greater at 16) as a once-per-week SLA without having to pay material costs unless you make them do something really unreasonable.
>>
File: image.png (115KB, 488x228px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
115KB, 488x228px
>>48144734
>>
>>48144028
Get them mixed enemies.
Some dragon or whatever fits for the 5lvls, while getting some weak-ass kobolds for 1lvls.
1lvls get a task of holding the line against the kobolds, so stronger guys can peacefully take care of dragon/bigass monster.
>>
>>48145110
Yeah but they're shit at higher levels though. Heavily limited on your dex bonus to AC, still giving you ACP...
>>
I heard that with the Time element and Avant garde archetype for Kineticist you could stop time infinitely or something like that. How exactly does that work?
>>
>>48145264
Frankly, the actual armors assume you're going to be front line material. It's honestly just as efficient to go with Astral Skin and some regular fuckin armor, which you can not only get in Mithral, but enchant as well. Astral Skin works with any armor.

Alternatively, beg one of the DSP psionics devs to make a customization for it, or ask your GM to do it.
>>
>>48145291
Its useless but hilarious.
Basically, because of infinite effective PP, you fill up on burn, cash-out, use the temporary PP to use the time-stop power (forget exact name). It's nowhere near as effective as the SPELL, so basically you get something like 2 rounds of timestop: in non-cash-out rounds you use a swift to fill up on burn with a wager, then you cash-out and cast it again next round.

You've effectively halved your actions for the remainder of existence, and are more or less too busy to do much, but can cycle burn and timestop indefinitely this way.

It's cool in a "so the wizard moves to his demiplane after everything is done, the cleric ascends as some new herald for his god, and you become saint-germain" way.
>>
>>48145364
See normally I'd just 'skin' it. However, I was trying to fit a skin of the proteus in there if possible, but they both count as skins...

Any alternatives, assuming I can't convince the MG to houserule anything?
>>
>>48145399
*GM
Why am I slysdexic today
>>
>>48145399
>skin of the proteus
What level are you building this character?

As for alternatives, like I said, ask your GM if you can have a 3- or 4-point customization that makes Astral Armor/Juggernaut count as mithral.

Honestly, that's the sort of thing I'd attach to an item, like a modified Crystal Spaulders or something. "You get x points and also your armor counts as mithral".
>>
>>48145505
astral armor*, obviously
>>
File: happyfox.png (204KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
happyfox.png
204KB, 512x512px
Hey, can anybody post the Noble class from the child's Pathfinder supplement? Or the book as a whole?

I would be eternally grateful.

Also, my level 15 Planescape character just retired, suggest things for me to play. DSP content allowed. Other 3pp stuff case-by-case.
>>
>>48145505
As expected the answer was "That's not in the book for a reason".

Level 14 but I was hoping to keep the metamorphosis effect constant; 'improved critical' to all natural weapons and the ability to just switch sizes around without it costing customization points wasn't bad, but I can make do without and stick to the skin form.

If you ask me, though, "the reason" is that everyone gets channeled into skin-form by mid levels, lest their AC, customization points or *both* start to take a severe hit unless their dex is really really bad.
>>
File: Racialmax.png (788KB, 1122x616px) Image search: [Google]
Racialmax.png
788KB, 1122x616px
>>48145565
Wait what?
What the fuck do you have against 2e planar cosmology?
Is there something wrong with you?
>>
Should I go sorcerer or wizard for arcane trickster?
>>
File: 1454800755709.jpg (25KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
1454800755709.jpg
25KB, 400x462px
>>48145565
>asking a general pathfinder question that happens to be tangentally related to planescape
>hurr durr containment thread
>>
>>48143282
So does rathergood.com, but it's hardly relevant any more. Hell, so does Penny Arcade and who the fuck reads that?

The golden age of the webcomic is long gone sadly. Most were shit, some were gold, but they were different at least.
>>
>>48145611
Planescape is a setting. Pathfinder is a system.

How are those things mutually exclusive?
>>
>>48145611
He's asking a question about pathfinder, retard. The setting is irrelevant.
>>
File: 1436312557268.jpg (161KB, 625x560px) Image search: [Google]
1436312557268.jpg
161KB, 625x560px
>>48145664
>>
>>48145664
This IS the appropriate containment thread.
>>
File: 1396218899497.jpg (34KB, 489x479px) Image search: [Google]
1396218899497.jpg
34KB, 489x479px
>>48145664
>"Hey guys, I'm playing Dark Sun but with Pathfinder rules, does anyone know a good psionic-" "GO TO YOUR CONTAINMENT THREAD YOU FUCKING FAGGOT"
This? This is what you sound like.
>>48145748
Golarion is a puerile and overrated setting and doesn't deserve to be in this thread.
>>
File: blackycharms.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
blackycharms.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>48145748
>Puerile
>Overrated
In Golarion's thread, of all things.
>>
>>48145748
Still better than golarion.
>>
Suppose I'm a martial with monstrously high INT modifier.
How do I add it to as many things as humanly possible? Adding int to something several times over is great as long as it stacks.
Any 3pp allowed.
>>
>>48145792
We're mad that we cannot stop shoveling PF shit into our mouths, so we spew it on others.
>>
>>48145556

How about a Ravenlord whose attempts to be a brooding dark hero are undercut by his inability to stop being a total dad?
>>
>>48145872
Well, you can go with Harbinger. They get INT to a lot of things.
>>
>>48145903
I'm considering Harbinger, but is there anything a bit more ranged-friendly?
>>
>>48145914
I don't think so, sorry. At least, not that I'm aware of.
>>
> GM thought my level 8 Half-Orc Sorcerer can only blast and has no other utility

I guess he doesn't knew what Shadow Conjuration can do...
>>
>>48145872
>>48145914
Kirin Strike with Combat Stamina passively lets you add Int to damage with every attack against an identified enemy. You can still use your swift to make it double your Int.

Focused Shot adds your Int to damage with one ranged attack within 30 feet. If you use Combat Stamina you can use it as a swift action.

You can get the rest of the things here
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1o91Z-s0R7Vf2Ujj1lFqGC5W--9JOyU0I6uC9XRIR5to/edit#heading=h.5uq277y2uird
>>
>>48146045
Kirin Stike doesn't crit, Focused Shot doesn't let me full attack. That makes both of them meh.
>>
>>48146059
You didn't say either of those before. What exactly is your build?
>>
>>48146073
Living Legend with Mystic Might of the Archmage and +21 INT going all pew pew.
>>
>>48145794
Can Golarion really be considered overrated? There can't be many people who actually like it, can there?
>>
>>48146084
I don't think there's any way to get Int to damage instead of strength/whatever. Kirin Strike is your best bet, and there's nothing in there that prevents it from critting as far as I can see.
>>
>>48145588
Wizard of the Void school, because that scales off of your caster level instead of wizard level. Vivisectionist/mindchemist for sneak attack.
>>
>>48146165
>I don't think there's any way to get Int to damage instead of strength/whatever.
Focused offence gives that and I already have it.
>Kirin Strike is your best bet, and there's nothing in there that prevents it from critting as far as I can see.
>While using Kirin Style against a creature you have identified using that feat, as a swift action after you have hit a creature with a melee or ranged attack, you can add twice your Intelligence modifier in damage (minimum 2).
The wording is very sketchy. Combat Stamina version might crit, though. I'm so concerned about criticals since my DPR calculator tells me that with my 17-20x4 and automatic confirmations, most of my DPR comes from criticals and non-critting damage is superfluous.
>>
>>48146084
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/tripod-machine/scholar
Gains INT to AC at 1st and to attack at 2nd.
>>
>>48145587
>What the fuck do you have against 2e planar cosmology?
Alignment is dumb. Classical elements are dumb. Basing your planes on alignments and classical elements is double dumb.
>>
>>48146272
The AC there is nice and would stack with my already monstrous AC.
The attack bonus wouldn't stack, unfortunately.
Still, a golden 1 level dip. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>48146272
I would say that's pretty crazy for a 2-level dip, but Sensei Monk gets the same thing for Wis.
>>
>>48146298
What about using a set of nonclassical elements, like Didgeridoo, Cantaloupe, Uranium, and Blood?
>>
>>48145914
Ravenlord can actually work decently as a ranged harbinger. Go Myrmidon Fighter 4/Ravenlord x with Practiced Initiator (Harbinger). You want Fighter for the extra feats and Weapon Specialization. Why? So you can take Point Blank Master ( http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/point-blank-master-combat ) with your bow.

The bird makes for a very nice thing to toss into melee to debuff people with Gloom, and Point Blank Master allows you to proc Massacre while you're shooting things (since the Massacre free attacks only work on adjacent people, but you can take them with a ranged weapon if you want).
>>
My group decided to try out gestalt this weekend with a one-off game. I know how gestalt works, but what are some good combos to use? 25 point buy, level 5 start, and most reasonable third party allowed.
>>
Hello /pfg/ I'm soon to be playing a pathfinder game for the first time in a good long while. I'm pretty familiar with all of pathfinder that existed prior to a certain point and mostly unfamiliar with everything after.

I'm here to ask basically some general shit about several of the new classes I'm unfamiliar with.
I'm mostly unfamiliar with the hybrid classes, I mean I know what most of them are a hybrid of its just that I don't really know what the benefits of some of them are or why I should want to play one.

I know squat about the unchained classes other than that they tried to fix some of the less optimized classes and I'm not sure if they succeeded at all or not

I know less than squat about the occult classes. I mean I can guess what some of them do but I mean beyond that occoltists are occulty and mediums channel spirits I don't know if its more shaman king or jojo or really much of anything about them.
>>
>>48146501
Well, I guess I can make that work with like 100 AC and equivalently enormous attack, but isn't it literally more sensible to just THF at that point?
>>
>>48146550
No, because if I want to be legolas with an evil bird made of darkness, I've got this build for switch-hitting as a harbinger with full initiating progression and free attacks as I run into melee.

Then I can swap back to ranged full attacks since my first four levels were full BAB and loaded with boosts and ranged stances.
>>
Other than Magic Missile, what spells or abilities are autohit without a save in similar fashion?
>>
Can the target of a charge make an AoO against the charger?
Or do they need a brace weapon?
Because charges are categorized as no, while movement is categorized as yes in AoO charts.
>>
>>48146002
So has the 'shadow clone jutsu' joke already been made
>>
>>48146919
You only get AoO from movement if someone moves away from a threatened square. So you only get an AoO against someone charging you if you have reach and they don't. Brace just lets you deal double damage on a readied attack against charge.
>>
Is there any way to deny either dodge or at least deflection (any little bit helps) on something with improved uncanny dodge?

Feint and Magic Missile won't be of help in this case either, and I don't think I need to tell you their improved evasion takes AoE out of the equation too.

I need to challenge a character even the gunslinger can't hit reliably.
>>
>>48147103
Single-target Fortitude and Will saves. I'm a fan of poisons, diseases, energy drain and ability damage/drain. Pick one that'll work on him.
>>
>>48147153
Can you give me some examples? I know I won't find anything in initiator maneuvers (would have to hit first), so that leaves spells mostly?
>>
>>48147211
If you're the GM, just look at monsters in a fair CR range and throw them at him. I'd give you a more complex example but I'm really not in a spoonfeeding mood right now.
>>
>>48137099
Puns aren't bait.
>>
>>48146522
"Hybrid" is a bit of a misnomer, as you could just as easily claim that the Magus is a 'hybrid class', since it takes inspiration from two different classes. That being said, there's a couple reasons why you might want to play a class that's considered a hybrid:
>Bloodrager for minor buffing spellcasting alongside the usual benefits of Rage
>Hunter for if you want the beefiest animal companion in the world while still being a decent and not broken or worthless character yourself
>Brawler if you want to go unarmed without gimping yourself as a monk, alongside not knowing what to commit to as a fighting-style like Fighters do
>Slayer if you want to be a straightforward fighting-type that can do a bit of everything without being shit at anything
>>
>>48146298
>Classical elements are dumb
Why?
>>
>>48147579
They're cliche, lazy, and don't really make a lot of sense, but more importantly they're boring things to base a plane around. A plane that consists almost entirely of one element is going to be much less interesting that a plane that consists of all of them.
>>
File: Solar Pitri.png (483KB, 363x585px) Image search: [Google]
Solar Pitri.png
483KB, 363x585px
You are good when you are one with yourself.
Yet when you are not one with yourself you are not evil.
For a divided house is not a den of thieves; it is only a divided house.
And a ship without rudder may wander aimlessly among perilous isles yet sink not to the bottom.

You are good when you strive to give of yourself.
Yet you are not evil when you seek gain for yourself.
For when you strive for gain you are but a root that clings to the earth and sucks at her breast.
Surely the fruit cannot say to the root, “Be like me, ripe and full and ever giving of your abundance.”
For the fruit giving is a need, as receiving is a need to the root.

You are good when you are fully awake in your speech,
Yet you are not evil when you sleep while your tongue staggers without purpose.
And even stumbling speech may strengthen a weak tongue.

You are good when you walk to your goal firmly and with bold steps.
Yet you are not evil when you go thither limping.
Even those who limp go not backward.
But you who are strong and swift, see that you do not limp before the lame, deeming it kindness.

You are good in countless ways, and you are not evil when you are not good,
You are only loitering and sluggard.
Pity that the stags cannot teach swiftness to the turtles.
>>
Lads, I need a race, class and concept for a 25 PB level 5 campaign I just joined that's apparently holding their first session tonight.

It's something about thwarting terrorism by radicals within a decaying empire bordering a republican state that's actively exporting their democratic ideology.

PoW and PoW:E is allowed.
>>
>>48147640
>Not realising the four classical elements actually represent the four states of matter; solid, liquid, gas, and energy/plasma
>>
>>48147661
Psionics?
>>
>>48147640
Fair enough. What do you think of Astral and Shadow?

>>48147665
Still boring and lazy.
>>
>>48147661
Detail the rest of your party, nerd
>>
Does a Mundane Arrow Fired From a Magical Bow Count as a Magical Weapon Attack?

I need to know quickly.. Time is of the essence.
>>
>>48147669

Just got the greenlight for that.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? A member of the Imperial Secret Police? How would that work in Psionics?
>>
>>48147718
Yes.
>>
>>48147687
Go with the four temperaments/medical humors then.
>>
>>48147718
magical projectile weapons impart their effects on their ammunition.

things override however so only the better enhancement bonus takes place, and don't make them both holy!
>>
>>48147718
Yes, dipshit, actually read the rules. Magic bows bestow their magic on ammunition you fire from them, it's right there. Now Fuck Off And Take Your Retarded Typing With You.
>>
>>48147661
Are the radicals from the republican state infiltrating your empire?

Let us know what your party is like.

It sounds like a psion, particularly telepath could be useful. Though psychoportation is really valuable in city settings.
>>
>>48147713

We've got a Dragonborn Warder who's the sterile child of a local dragonborn burgher, a Human Witch that just wants to go back to her swamp, and a half-giant gunslinger utilizing the "guns everywhere" perk half-giants apparently get for this setting.
>>
>>48147733
>everything is angry/sad/excited/calm all the time
Boring, 0/10. You're really shit at this. Here's a hint: Don't try to force a plane to be all about one single thing.
>>
>>48147739

See >>48147752

And that's the idea, the republic was a former duchy of the empire that overthrew their Seath-esque ruler and plundered the dragon's hoard of knowledge.

They're apparently the only guys with printing presses and advanced firearms, and are actively exporting books and guns to the villages of their former rulers to try and incite rebellion between the human population and their draconic masters.
>>
>>48145111
The Rage domain on Sacred Servant is also debatably the best way to have Smite and Rage together on one character for the most angry paladins, although you don't get greater rage like VMC Barb.
>>
>>48147687
I like the Shadow Plane, there's a lot of stuff you can do with a plane overlapping the material. It is redundant with the Ethereal though, they should be folded together into one plane. The Astral...I don't know, it's okay in concept but it doesn't seem like there's much to do there.
>>
Why is "Orc" a magical fucking sorcerer bloodline? Orcs are LESS magical than other races if anything. Why don't orcs naturally have those same magic powers if having their blood gives them to you? Or any powers at all?

Human bloodline where you get a whole bunch of not-human-at-all powers WHEN?
>>
>>48147899
Uh, we already have one actually.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/bloodlines/bloodlines-from-paizo/racial-bloodlines/imperious-bloodline-sorcerer-human
>>
>>48147720
Read Thoughts and Shatter Mind Blank are GREAT powers. Throw in the Inquisitor feat and Conceal Thoughts, toss in Student of Philosophy for INT to diplo/bluff. Take max ranks in Knowledge (Martial) and dump feats on Martial Training for Sleeping Goddess so that at 11th you can get that sexy, sexy 5th-level stance that just kinda ignores all mind-affecting immunity. Mindbender Telepath is ideal for this, for the free ML boost, since with Martial Training Talented+Overchannel isn't gonna happen. You'll need to retrain your 1st level psionic bonus feat into Psionic Meditation later, and while I usually don't recommend it, Psionic Body + Deep Focus is good for removing the need to have a pet rock, and you'll be a good deal beefier. Ask your GM if martial training in Sleeping Goddess counts as a Psionic feat for Psionic Body. It doesn't RAW, but it probably fits since learning Sleeping Goddess maneuvers does give you PP.

In fact, Martial Training for Sleeping Goddess is more efficient than Psionic Talent until you've taken at least 4.

Stack up Autohypnosis and grab the Autohypnosis +10 mask. Tack it onto the +10 Concentration mask (stronkest psionic item there is, yo) later so your SG counters (all you should use are stances, boosts, and counters, since Psions have no native Swift action uses for a while) will be good as fug.

Until 11th, just Charm and at 9th level Dominate meatshields for when you fight undead and sundry.
>>
>>48147899
>>48147938
lmao cuck btfo
>>
>>48147808
You're the bad guys, anon.

If you're going full gestapo, go psion, nomad for free teles. Here are a few powers you can look into:

Conceal thoughts
Empathy
Missive
Unearthly terror

Detect Compulsion
Entangling Debris
Force Screen/Inertial Armor
Locate Secret Doors
Mind Thrust
Slumber
Telempathic Project

Cloud Mind
Detect Hostile Intent
Everyman
Metamorphosis Minor
Natural Linguist

Energy Wall
Mindhunter
>>
>>48147938
That bloodline just screams human supremacy as a concept.

A human sorcerer retrains in imperious to infiltrate a group of dangerous imperious agents operating in their nation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3lFBq7_CPk
>>
>>48147761
>When told about a single thing, can only picture a plane based around it as a starting point to be completely monotone and played out in the most literal nonimaginative way

I wonder who the boring one really is.
>>
>>48148022
I don't think you can retrain your bloodline. I mean, is there any rule actually against it?
>>
>>48147942
>>48147971

Looks like I've got some studying to do, never used Psionics until this!

>You're the bad guys, anon

The Republic are insufferable smug pricks though, and apparently "kill squads" are a thing they do when they really want to send a message.

Only reason the Empire hasn't wiped them out is because the Republic's buddy-buddy with the Not!France, and dragons it seems are (fluff wise) vulnerable to firearms. The Dukes want a sledgehammer, they were given a scalpel, and we're that group.

It's a really interesting political situation.
>>
>>48148118
Under class feature retraining for class specific features:

Sorcerer: Retrain your bloodline. Doing so replaces your bonus spells, bloodline arcana, bloodline feats, and bloodline powers. This training takes 5 days for every bonus feat, bloodline arcana, and bloodline power you lose from changing bloodlines. See also retraining feats and retraining spells known.

Your actual heritage means jackall. Or assumes it encompasses everyone.
>>
>>48148111
It's still you. Forcing one theme didn't work out for any of the elemental planes, and yes, I did assume that your putative planes were based entirely around one thing because, surprise, you were too brain-dead to think of anything else to include. Why should I do your worldbuilding for you?
>>
>>48148111
>basing planes around one thing is bad
>"no here's a thing to base a plane on"
>it's still bad
>"NO IT WAS ACTUALLY MULTIPLE THINGS EVEN THOUGH I DIDN'T SAY SO YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THIS SHEESH"
kek
>>
>>48147761
Have you looked at the eberron cosmology? Maybe thats more your style.
>>
>>48148202
>Hey because of the level of cultural association attached to such very broad concepts, it should be a given that as a starting point they can be used to branch out into a large variety of things rather than being restrictive and bland
>"WELL GEE HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT"

I can do that too.
>>
>>48148308
>let me imply shit I never actually said or supported
>hurr when I say this post factum don't YOU look silly?
And you're not good at it either.
>>
>>48148308
>>48148325
Alright you two, pack it in. You've basically said all you can in this vein, so either move on to more creative insults or stop before you embarrass yourselves.
>>
>>48148139
Slumber's a great spell. It's Sleep, but scales with ML - you'll pretty much always hit someone with it if they aren't immune. Long manifesting time, though, so be careful.
>>
>>48148372
Before?

They're long past that, anon.
>>
>>48148372
Don't get involved in retarded slapfights.
>>
File: Ky.Kiske.full.1711395.jpg (2MB, 2200x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Ky.Kiske.full.1711395.jpg
2MB, 2200x1300px
Okay /tg/.
You get transported to Golarion. Your initial testing is that you're a 25pb human with commoner 1.
You can eventually retrain the class. Once you hit level 20, you realized that it was not the end, and you could reach 21st by leveling up in a new class.

You got 60 levels before some upstarts came knocking on your door demanding blood.

What does your character sheet look like?
I need a villain for my campaign where the players get teleported to Golarion. Same thing happened with this guy, I just have to figure out why he's evil.
>>
>>48148455
Why are we adventuring at all and how are we surviving? I'm pretty sure the normal person would just get to level... 5, 6 tops, abuse downtime with the gold, and live a life of luxury with the proverbial hookers and blow off of the profits.
>>
So I'm a Steelblooded Bloodrager. I get Armor Training. Is there any way to qualify for Advanced Armor Training?
>>
>>48148472

Where would you want to live in Golarion, anyway?

Pleasant mansion in Andoran?
>>
>>48148455
1pp only builds, or?
>>
>>48148540
Scroll of create demiplane+permanency would be favorite, fuck actually being on Golarion.
>>
>>48148540
Fuck that, I'm going to Castrovel to seduce busty Lashunta.
>>
>>48148566
You know, with their sexual dimorphism, you'd probably be a trap by their standards. Assuming you aren't morbidly obese, at least. Enjoy being ignored by women and obsessed over by creepy perverted men.
>>
>>48148566

Or you could go to Oppara and seduce busty Taldan girls.

Safer, too.
>>
File: 1436121948713.jpg (98KB, 800x806px) Image search: [Google]
1436121948713.jpg
98KB, 800x806px
>>48148542
DSP stuff is fine, except arcforge.
>>48148472
Adventuring yields the most XP per time. XP translates to power. And it's good to be powerful in a world of evil gods, rampaging monsters, the world wound, and whatever thousands of threats the world has.

I assume you could peak at 5th or 6th level, but that doesn't really help me.
>>
>>48148455
Warder (Dervish Defender) 20
Wizard (Spell Sage) 20
Bladecaster 10
Horizon Walker 10 just because.
>>
>>48148622
Instructor wizard, cleric, ravenlord harbinger.
>>
Alright so since guided weapons dont benefit from being weilded two handed anyways, do clerics/warpriests benefit at all from going sword and board?
>>
>>48148590
>>48148602
In this weird scenario I have 60 character levels. That's beyond the power scaling of actual demigods and demon lords. Fuck you and your safety or trap bullshit, me and my 40+ scores by the end of it will have Lashunta worshiping my dick by the hundreds.

Seriously, WBL for ECL 60 is in the billions. I'd be worth more than whole planets combined. Where I get it, who fucking knows, I'm not the one that has to answer that.

>>48148455
Psychic Mage Wizard 20/Psion 10/Cleric 10/Cerebremancer 10/Mystic Theurge 10. 40th level Psychic Mage Wizard casting, 20th Psion and 20th Cleric. Enough raw ML to slap down any attempt at dispelling period by puny mortals.
>>
>>48148663
Why cleric? Last thing you'd want is to be shackled to some god
>>
>>48148455
Oracle 20
Warlord 10
Battle Templar 10
Cleric 20
>>
>>48148635
Bruh bladecaster sucks and needs immediate errata to help file off the inefficiencies so it synergizes better as a gish prc
>>
>>48148682
Clerics don't need gods unless you're some sort of PFS cuck.
>>
>>48148682
...Just worship an ideal, anon. Maybe the ideal that you're the Greatest Human Ever.
>>
>>48148698
They do in Golarion.
>>
>>48148622
Arcforge supposedly isn't DSP anymore, anyway
>>
>>48148455
Do we still get feats after level 20? Does this just work like some bizarro Tristalting or is it actually epic level bullshit? Does our point buy have to resemble how we actually are? The answers all greatly affect my choices.
>>
>>48148745
no
>>
>>48148752
Actual epic levels, sorta. We can't technically get a 21s level in a single class, but nothing says we can't gain epic spellcasting via PrCs.
>>
>>48148455
>>48148622
Warlord 20
Umbral Blade 10
Dread 20
Awakened Blade 10
Charisma to most shit, plus Warning Presence to never get picked off in the surprise round, and Dread allows for heavy action economy tinkering.
>>
>>48148812
So what will you be doing outside of combat, you sissy little martial cuck?
>>
>>48148832
Besides lots of skil points, Dread powers, and a ton of Cha to use in social situations?
>>
>>48149006
Yes. What sort of demiplanes will you create, what planes will you shift onto, what sort of creatures will you be binding into your service?

Oh--right, sorry, I almost mistook you for an actual person. You can go now.
>>
>>48148832
Slapping my yuuge ass social skill modifiers along. I bet the Intimidate modifier probably breaks the thousands by then, plus enough feats to dump some into getting Expanded Knowledge to grab powers from other psionic classes.
>>
>>48149041
Oh, and bind to my service? Do you even Immortal Truths of the Sleeping Goddess, caster cuck? I don't need to bind outsiders when I can make them my most loyal fellows.
>>
>>48149068
And then I enslave your most loyal fellows :^)
>>
>>48149079
>NTRing Best Friends
Nothing can trump the power of friendship, nigger.
>>
>>48149148
Sure you can, it's easy. Just take away their free will.
>>
>>48149079
Oh, it's almost like one of my Tactical Presences didn't add my glorious Charisma modifier versus compulsion effects.
>>
>>48149165
>Charm person
>Not date rape
>>
File: 1451522465098.jpg (126KB, 1000x618px) Image search: [Google]
1451522465098.jpg
126KB, 1000x618px
>>48149041
>>48149068
>>48149079
>>48149148
>>48149165
>>48149189
Are you aware how sad dickwaving contests make you look?
>>
>>48149189
>compulsion
>thinking that's relevant
>conjuration (calling)
:^)))))))))))))))))

>>48149190
Thanks for shoehorning in a meme, you can go now.
>>
>>48148622
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/wizard/arcane-schools/paizo---arcane-schools/classic-arcane-schools/divination

Diviner Wizard 20. Give up Necromancy(No need to be making enemies, golems are just as good) and Evocation(Meh; we can just throw damaging spells on an item).

At 20th level, take the Immortality wizard discovery.

Because we're human, we're fighting up against old age. Immortality wizard discovery is guaranteed once you hit 20th, and Diviner gives you hella initiative; and in the world of magic, be quick or be dead.

Make your Familiar a Valet familiar, have him do all the crafting.

Unfortuantly, I don't know the system well enough to pursue from here, but I'd try to get Int to every stat via the next 40 levels, even if I become some weird amalgamation of character levels.

After that, it'd be fucking off to my own demi-plane, make a shit ton of golems, and abuse downtime to make a fuck ton of money to fuel magical item creation.
>>
>>48149210
Yes. Do you know how good it feels to watch some little martial cry when you NTR his best friends and make them your slaves?
>>
>>48148455
Aegis/Wizard/Diabolist/Bladecaster
Besides magic, use Immortal Truths of the Sleepy Goddess to make best friends.
>>
>>48142007
Stockholm Syndrome.
>>
>>48149231
Scratch that.

Become an Imperious Sorcerer. You get 20th level immortality automatically.

Find out how to count as an animal.
Have a friend repeatedly cast this spell on you.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/a/awaken

Enjoy your infinite charisma and charisma based casting.
>>
>>48149231
You're immortal, right?

Fuck off to your own demiplane and foster a huge colony of goblins. Just cull 10% of them a year - they reach adulthood in 5, so they'll stay around just fine - and trap their souls to turn 'em into magic items.
>>
>>48149321
>This spell does not function on an animal or plant with an Intelligence greater than 2.
>>
>>48149339
>what is feeblemind
>>
>>48149234
I can't even remember the last time I failed a saving throw against a mind effecting effect as a martial. This reminds me why I make sure my saves outpace DCs and wear a cap of free thinking and make sure I have rerolls. It's hard to make someone fail a save when they roll twice each time and have 6-8 rerolls.

Also reminds me why I wear dimensional shackles once I can afford it.
>>
>>48148455
Gifted Warsoul 10
Awakened Blade 10
Aegis 10
Forgelord 5 (Wilder Upgrade)
Wilder 15
Investigator 10
>>
>>48149360
You have int/cha greater than 2 while feebleminded. You just have penalties to those scores. Did you really think it worked that way?
>>
File: GGKyExplain.jpg (97KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
GGKyExplain.jpg
97KB, 640x480px
>>48148766
Honestly, I'd rather if it were just "effectively tristalting", since that would make things way easier to combo together and maybe avoid the prestige bullshit, but sure.

Only bothering with 1pp unfortunately, since I can't be assed to go through and figure out which DSP stuff to use at the moment.

Magus (Kensai) 20
Witch (Winter Witch) 20
Winter Witch (Prestige) 10
Tattooed Mystic (Prestige) 10

I was going to have empiricist in there, but my autism isn't that powerful.
>>
>>48149401
There has to be a way to permamently reduce one's int.
>>
>>48149434
There wouldn't be a point. You'd just reduce to 1, then go back up to sapient, and reduce to 1 again. It's not like you can game the system to count as only having 1 for long enough to cast it a bunch of times.
>>
>>48149234
Oh, have fun trying that for as much as you want. You think you are so mighty, but when you are reduced to a quivering mess because I can have myself fearlocking you and the shadow twin doubling my action economy to pull off any shenanigans, we'll see who laughs at the end.
>>
>>48149401
Then just accumulate ability drain. I'm pretty sure that qualifies RAW.
>>
>>48149463
>implying you'd ever even be on the same plane as me
KEK
>>
>>48149455
The point is that Awaken's charisma is culmative. Every casting is a +1d3. Plus whatever meta-magics you throw on it.
>>
>>48149455
It raises your charisma and HD every time you cast it.
>>
>>48149505
It does not.

>>48149463
>>48149234
Ok both of you calm your fucking autism. Holy shit this is the most pathetic internet tough guy act I've ever seen.
>>
>>48149531
>>48149528
But there isn't a way to get your Int to qualify. Ability drain doesn't. Feeblemind doesn't. Penalty doesn't. Damage doesn't.
>>
>>48149535
>caring what people on a Bhutanese scrimshaw forum think of you
I'll keep doing it so long as the martials keep crying, thank you very much.
>>
File: tumblr_o122ephEne1td53jko1_540.png (160KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o122ephEne1td53jko1_540.png
160KB, 540x540px
>All this talk about power
>No one's talked about becoming the little girl
I don't know if I should be proud of /pfg/ or not.
>>
>>48149535
From the CRB:
>Ability drain actually reduces the relevant ability score.
It even affects qualifications for abilities.
From awaken:
>This spell does not function on an animal or plant with an Intelligence greater than 2.

Thanks to ability drain, it functions on you.
>>
>>48149210
Man, I get enough of dickwaving contests in my game's OOC chat and it's just as sad there as it is here.
Especially since I won the contest already
>>
>>48149558
Eh I'm already becoming the little girl IRL.
>>
File: stare face.png (3KB, 203x210px) Image search: [Google]
stare face.png
3KB, 203x210px
>>48149588
>>
>>48149506
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/p/planar-travel
Top fucking kek, it's even on the dread power list, no need to burn a feat on taking it.
>>
>>48149588
I can understand the tranny bit, but how the fuck do you become a loli?
>>
>>48141019
>Generalist wizards should be banned, with school specializations only available.
Specialising is always the better choice anyway. Instead bring back 3.5-style banned schools and ban opposition research.
>>
>>48149625
Shame you would need to find out that I had a private plane and which one it was before you could use that, isn't it? Oh, and don't forget that I can just decide you can't use magic in my plane, have fun without any of your supernatural bullshit.
>>
File: qt.gif (963KB, 445x249px) Image search: [Google]
qt.gif
963KB, 445x249px
>>48149626
I just felt like using the same wording.
No age regression magic actually involved.
>>
>>48149574
I suppose it would then. You can have arbitrarily high Saves/AC/Initiative then with this by simply having several thousand charisma.
>>
>GM for group
>Member fucks off because unreliable
>Wizard joins group
>The Fighter has behaved in an adversarial fashion towards the wizard since he joined
>Denies the wizard loot
>Forces him to take first watch
>Goes "Excuse me for roleplaying!" whenever the rest of the group eyes him for his antics
>Pretty much acts like your typical MMO player since day 1 even going as far as calling himself the "dps"
>Every time he makes a bad call and gets in trouble (usually charging straight into the enemy by himself) he would blame the rest of the party
>The wizard pretty much plays textbook control with walls, summons, fogs and the occasional pit
>Scale encounters appropriately to match the change in playstyle
>More jockeying by captain falchion, now wants the hunter to let him ride his animal companion
>The wizard jobs an encounter and sticks to blasting spells for the first couple of rounds
>Everyone else was playing conservatively so they were fine
>By round 4, captain falchion is a mangled corpse
>Casting breath of life is suicide and the cleric refuses fighter's demands
>Wizard resumes control play and the remainder of the party mops up the enemy
>Party is behind enemy lines and cant res the martial till they finish the mission
>Martial is now one level behind the group and received no share of the loot on top of being unable to play for three sessions

So I'm pretty sure that the wizard assassinated the other PC, And since the rest of the group is relatively inexperienced so none of them were any wiser to it. I kind of agree that the fighter was a bit of a dick to him but taking advantage of game knowledge to punish the other guy this severely was going a bit far.
>>
>>48149553
Straight from the Feeblemind description:

>Target creature's Intelligence and Charisma scores each drop to 1.

It's not a Penalty, or even Drain, it actually reduces your stats to that number. Therefore, you qualify using that spell.
>>
>>48149708
Nah, it wasn't, now fuck off, Captain Falchion. You deserved what you got.
>>
Can someone tell me a bit about the Medium, Occultist, Psychic, and Spiritualist? In less of a "this is the flavor of the class" way and more of a "this is what the class actually does in comparison to other classes" way.
>>
>>48149646
No epic spells, so you can't Divinely Morphic your demiplane on who can use spells/psionic powers/supernaturals, and locking yourself on a dead magic plane would be exaggeratedly stupid.
>>
>>48149708
I'd have done the same thing, and have done so on two occasions. Fighter got what was coming, Wizard was playing to the team and fighter was shitting on everyone's fun
>>
>>48149640
>Wizards get a primary school that act as normal
>they get two secondary schools that acts as normal banned schools
>they get two tertiary schools that require three slots to prepare a spell
>all other schools they can not learn or use spells from
>they can spend feats to upgrade a school by 1 step

Banned Spells:
>Summon Monster gone
>planar binding/gate/etc. gone
>blood money gone
>resurrection magic gone
>long range teleportation gone
>most necromancy gone (you can't create undead you automatically control)
>long range scrying gone
>a lot of spells have upgraded spell levels, like invisibility/fly/knock

I have done similar for other classes. Druids can only prepare certain spells depending on the environment they are in (the list is separated into "lands"), plus some general spells.

Clerics can only prepare spells depending on their deity of choice, each deity having spells that fall under their domains. (all spells now have domain tags).

Druids choose a land they can always prepare from if they choose a domain. Clerics can take feats to gain other domains that act like a wizard tertiary school and upgrade from there. Druids can upgrade lands with feats in the same manner.
>>
>>48149766
>No epic spells
Proof? This was never mentioned. Nice try, though.
>>
>>48149738
Medium is several other classes but worse. The archetypes fix that to some degree, but you're either playing a jack of all trades or specializing and being worse than the actual class you could be playing.

Occultist is confusing. I have no idea how it works apart from the basic "put points into thing to get benefits" part because there's so much stuff. I'll have to spend some time to simplify it down later on.

Psychic is a sorcerer.

Spiritualist is a summoner.
>>
>>48149780
Epic spells aren't published for Pathfinder.
>>
>>48149658
So a tranny then.
>>
>>48149797
Oh, we aren't using 3.PF with some 3pp content? Pig disgusting, nevermind.
>>
>>48149771
>All that wizard nerfing
Why that? Problem is the spells themselves, not how much effort they take to cast. Nerf the spells, don't make them 1/day or whatever.

Making everyone have to be a conjurer or else=/=fixing any problems.
>>
>>48149828
Being a conjurer doesn't help. Not as if I left Shadow Conjuration as a spell (forgot to add that). They don't have summons or teleportation either. I actually think I nerfed conjuration too hard, it's essentially just a shitty blasting/control school at this point.

The spells were changed, with a lot of things changing spell levels.
>>
>>48149708
>Denies him loot
>Fighter survives the night
That's an error on the party or at least wizard's part right there

>Blames rest of party for running off on his own
Why are you adventuring with him

>Wizard blasting instead of total control when dumbfuck is being an idiot and charges in anyways is murder most fowl
REALLY NOW.

How did the party not loot his stuff instead of wasting money on rezzing him?
He's not even good at being DPR!
>>
>>48149738
Medium is a jack-of-all-trades who can swap out a good chunk of their build every day, but doesn't really do much of anything very well.

Occultist is a jack-of-all-trades that can actually do shit, and specialist builds can do well in melee. Also make alright necromancers.

Psychic is a sorcerer with a more limited spell list and access to the strongest psychic spells. Generally worse than sorc, but can so some neat stuff.

Spiritualist is a summoner with a unique spell list. The eidolon/phantom is usually focused more on scouting and debuffing than combat, but can still fight when needed.
>>
>>48149708
That's pretty clever.
The fighter deserved it but the only way to properly solve the problem is talk to the fighter player and ask them to stop being a dick - he might say he's justified in 'roleplaying' but if the rest of the party roleplayed their relationship with the fighter to the same degree of realism they would have kicked him out long ago, especially after realizing last fight how they don't need him.
>>
>>48149844
Why not just play SoP at that point?
>>
If you have the Greensight spell on you, are you completely unable to perceive the presence of vegetation, or can you detect it but also see through it?

For a case where it would matter, it's important to know because if there is a Wall of Thorns or any plant monsters around, being completely unable to perceive them would be a huge hindrance.
>>
>>48149844
With the changes you listed, it's still the most versatile school. And yes, I read that you changed the spells, which is good, but that doesn't make the massive spell selection nerfs any less dumb. It's like saying "I buffed martials by allowing Path of War and giving fighters twice as many feats!" One is decent, the other isn't a fix at all.
>>
File: Cat lady likes cats.jpg (53KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Cat lady likes cats.jpg
53KB, 960x540px
>>48148455
Wizard (necromancy/enchantment opposition school) 20
Alchemist (Promethean/Preservationist) 20
Stalker (Bushi/Vigilante) 20

Fuck cheesing extra spell levels with prestige classes, just give me my own plane, the time to learn to build shit, and my build-a-waifu, and as soon as I'm immortal I'll probably go fuck off for a few decades. Maybe pop in here and there to go putz around. Maybe totally wipe out Golarian Kitsune and replace them with the mythological ones.

You bet your ass I'm using Polymorph any Object on my valet familiar.
>>
>>48149879
Massive spell selection nerfs is what spell casting needs to be balanced. And how is it still the most versatile school? That's transmutation at this point.
>>
>>48149902
Nope, what spell casting needs to be balanced is fixing the spells. What good is only letting wizards know 4 different spells if those spells are planar binding, animate dead, scrying and teleport?

Conjuration is still the most versatile school because it has both control spells and blasting spells, which is important in a system that stabs you in the back for casting from any school bar your primary.

Limiting spell selection does nothing to limit caster power simply because it just means all the spells they do select will be the most powerful option they can find in the given system. Nerf the spells, not the spellcasters.
>>
>>48149888
>totally wipe out Golarian Kitsune
I wonder... is there any spell that specifically targets a race of your choosing? Or targets creatures of your race? Because I might have a way to wipe Kitsune out.
>>
Is Knowledge (Martial) a background skill or adventuring skill?
>>
>>48150045
All DSP skills are adventuring.
>>
>>48149977
>Conjuration is still the most versatile school because it has both control spells and blasting spells,
>What is evocation
>>
>>48148455
What level are you planning on having your players fight this thing?
>>
>>48150092
A bunch of SR: Yes elemental blasts and the what, 2 force spells? Yes it's nice, but it just loses out to conjuration in my opinion for higher end play.

Unless there's some really good Evocation control spells (outside of wall of force/forcecage) I didn't know about, in which case fuck me sideways.
>>
>>48150007

Easy there Hitler.
>>
>>48150007
With a quick search, I've only managed to find the following spells

>Foster Hatred
Induces hatred towards a specified group, which could be race

>Helping Hand
Can lead a member of a specific race towards you
>>
>>48150166
Hey, I'm just saying there's options if someone wants to wipe out all degenerate furries.
>>
>>48150174

I said EASY THERE Hitler. Why don't we just breed them out of existence?
>>
>>48150007
Theres this epic spell they used order of the stick but I cant be damned to remember the name of it nor the page.

But basically it was used on that black dragon fight.
>>
>>48150196
Familicide, I think.
>>
>>48150007
You could use Contingencies or Symbol spells that trigger based on race.
>>
>>48150128
Hungry Darkness is the nastiest spell I know of for control

www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/hungry-darkness

>2 Con Damage +3d6 Force +1d6 Bleed after leaving with no save.
SR still applies, but fuck me this spell has shut down my encounters before.
>>
>>48150169
I think Foster Hatred is perfect. I'll have to figure out if the wording works for the effect, but I might be able to create a RAW-legal FOXDIE keyed to a specific race.

Which is extremely appropriate given that it's going to be targeting kitsune.
>>
>>48150215
>level 7
eh
>>
File: JojoICannotDecide.png (534KB, 598x512px) Image search: [Google]
JojoICannotDecide.png
534KB, 598x512px
>>48150166
>>48150174
>>48150188
As an alternative, how can I instead turn ALL Golarian kitsune into ordinary, "dumb animal" foxes. Then, from there, I can start the process of making the mythological kitsune a thing as, like, fey creatures or something. I don't fucking know. If I'm a wizard aren't I contractually obliged to have some bizarre, petty goal that upsets the lives of thousands-to-millions of people?

Because bitch, if I was an immortal wizard and realized I had the power, I would.
>>
>>48150252
That one's probably easier, just research and epic-level Feeblemind and broadcast it across the planet.
>>
>>48150252
>>48150300
Research some kind of baleful polymorph plus feeblemind spell that is targeted to be shared by a specific race (if you've ever played Nethack, think their genocide spell only less killy). Target a kitsune with it.

Then go find an ordinary fox and awaken it, do this ad nauseum.

Point of order: would the offspring of two awakened animals be born awakened?
>>
>>48150496
Probably. After being awakened the creature changes to being a Magical Beast. I assume that would be the "recessive" trait, but if two magical beasts went at it their child would inherit it.
>>
File: brawndo.jpg (74KB, 640x311px) Image search: [Google]
brawndo.jpg
74KB, 640x311px
>>48150300
>>48150496

>Broadcasting pure idiocy across the know universe with untested spells.
>What could possibly go wrong?

I hope you enjoy your new setting.
>>
>>48150601
Well obviously you test it by making a race-specific spell that affects, say, a 50' radius. Test it in a dungeon with multiple prisoners of multiple races, and at least a few kitsune as a proof of concept.

Once that's good, then you go plane-wide.
>>
>>48150601
It's got what plants crave
>>
>>48150521
Go home, Lamarck.
>>
>>48150699
I can't, Darwin's fucking my wife.
>>
>>48150215
Shit mate, never even heard of that before. But >>48150223 is right, for a level 7 spell it's par for the course, and even if it's super strong in terms of level 7 spells, I wouldn't pick a school just for one spell.
>>
New thread:
>>48150820
>>48150820
>>48150820
>>48150820
>>48150820
Thread posts: 432
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.