[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #934: Big Bazookas Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 620
Thread images: 88

File: 1442013359136.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1442013359136.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>48098315
>>
Jumpers!

Do you prefer buying gear with CP or crafting gear from scratch?

Crafting! I didn't pick up those tailoring and object enhancing perks for nothing.
>>
File: Kars2.jpg (1MB, 1280x1926px) Image search: [Google]
Kars2.jpg
1MB, 1280x1926px
>>48106816
I am my gear.
>>
>>48106816
A mix of both. Sometimes I use the cp bought items as a base to build other stuff. Other times I try to recreate the cp bought items via my other perks and abilities.
>>
>>48106816
Buying and then upgrading it further!
>>
>>48106816
>why not both.jpg
>>
>>48106816
Crafting dawg, it also gives me an opportunity to hide some...tricks. I usually build or revamp vehicles, so some crazy shit got left behind in my Chain, like a code-casting runic starship in Star Wars KOTOR.

Picking it up in Clone Wars was awesome and everyone learned very quickly not to laugh at any old beaten up ship.
>>
>>48106916
Eh I just wanted to know peoples vague preference. Unless someone is going for a theme, most people end up with a smattering of both anyways. I just have a crafting heavy theme.
>>
File: Why not both.jpg (83KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Why not both.jpg
83KB, 400x400px
>>48106916
If you are not doing it right, then don't do it.
>>
>>48106948
well my Preference is generally to just steal it,if it already exists but I've house that you can't steal things offered for CP, which is why Kamen Rider Neo-Heisei Part 1 was such an agonizing build for me, of course things like the safeguard sword in blame! was not the same safeguard sword offered in the jump, which was the one from the prequel but rather stolen from a defeated safeguard during the climax of the plot.
>>
>>48106816
I buy interesting CP gear, but I then do what I can to reverse engineer it and incorporate it into my own designs.

So my walking around and combat gear are my own craft, but they're based on technology and magic I've acquired elsewhere.

>>48106840
Legacy of Use is amazing.
>>
Hey Strike-Chan, were you not including an appearance perk in the new DXD release or did I just not see it?
>>
>>48106983
>>48106840
What is legacy of use?
>>
File: ggmain20081205b.jpg (178KB, 700x1054px) Image search: [Google]
ggmain20081205b.jpg
178KB, 700x1054px
>>48106816
Depends what it is. I tend to like having the Jump-chan Guarantee™ for important stuff like primary weaponry and protection, things I need to absolutely not screw up when I'm eyeballs deep in boss fights.
Then I layer my own modifications over the top.

But if it's to hand out to other people, my own stuff is just as good.
>>
>>48107059
It's from Smite. It's a great perk, particularly when you consider it isn't a capstone.

>Legacy of Use (400CP: Discount Drop in) –

>Your items become stronger as you use them, your feats with them feeding the items power. Sing a giant to sleep and your lute lulls people to sleep whenever you wish. Slay a dragon by charging through its flaming breath with your shield and your shield shall protect you better from fire from now on. By truly mastering the self you may have this apply to you as well.
>>
What do key crests in tales of symphonia look like?
>>
Oh, before I fucking forget and screw up everything forever.

Now, when entering a new Jump and I'm using Pods, do I actually need to import my companions? There's a couple of Jumps that I'd like them present in as themselves wholly for Chain-plot reasons.

The thing is, I have a technicality I can use to summon them to me after I jump in, but I'd rather not use it because it's fucking cheating.
>>
What are some good jumps to prepare for a war of annihilation against the Johj?
>>
File: 1461363134605.jpg (3MB, 10000x10000px) Image search: [Google]
1461363134605.jpg
3MB, 10000x10000px
>>48106816
I craft items to later consume and assimilate them.

Sometimes I also buy items to consume and assimilate them.
>>
>>48107123
You only need imports if you want to give your companions shit from the jump itself. You don't need imports or import options to have your companions running around with you.

This applies to both companions and pod people.
>>
>>48107138
Huh, 'kay, thanks Anon.

Now if you don't mind, there's a little frustration I need to work out.
>>
>>48107166
Just keep in mind that unless it's specified in the jump, your companion slots are limited to 8+P. Eight is the number of normal companions you can have out at one time, and P for pods. Pod people don't count against normal companion slots.

Also, since we're on it, there are companions that have multiple companions for one slot: the two Choirs from LoT, the IG platoon from 40k, Kerbals, and a few others.

Unless otherwise specified, though, assume that it's 1 companion per slot.
>>
File: look.png (373KB, 764x684px) Image search: [Google]
look.png
373KB, 764x684px
>>48107131
Animorphs, Biomega, Gargoyles, Supreme Commander, Resident Evil and Worm.

>>48106816
There's some gear out there that doesn't really have any how-to guides on creating, or appears to run on fiat. Like the World Items in Overlord, considering the mystery of how PCs ended up in the New World and YGGDRASIL's magic system usurped the native spirit energy-based system is still completely unexplained. Or the egg in Digital Devil Saga.

On the whole though, I don't actually have a preference. Whether I buy or craft gear, I generally end up tinkering with it a lot.
>>
>>48106816
I tend to make my own much if the time, but I do buy items from time to time if I want to be sure they're not going to break on me.
>>
File: giphy.gif (935KB, 500x206px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
935KB, 500x206px
So, in light of what was discussed last thread about how slow the perks make you in comparison to Quicksilver, would Manyfist and Cracker_Jack consider updating their jumps to make the speed powers faster?

I'm not saying they should make them be Mach 2000+, just better than they are.
>>
>>48107387
But Arrowverse speedsters are much slower than Quicksilver, barring time travel shenanigans aren't they?
>>
>>48102204
>All of Disney
Poor Elona.
>>
>>48107397
Yes they are, though as stated last thread Quicksilver's "speed" is better described as a time manipulation power.
>>
>>48100189
>>48099997
I pretty much refuse to support a comicbook that considers that kind of society to be a good thing.

It's one thing to try and sell 'women are in charge!' and another to try and sell 'they kill their mates and enslave their sons!' as a good thing.
>>
>>48107413
There's no proof of that. Everything points to him just having super speed and secondary mutations that let him bend physics over a table.
>>
>>48107413
My point is that means there's no reason why Manyfist should update his jump based on feats by a character from a completely separate continuity from the relevant jump he made.
>>
>>48107418
>It's one thing to try and sell 'women are in charge!' and another to try and sell 'they kill their mates and enslave their sons!' as a good thing.
Well, to be technical they didn't enslave their sons. They sold their sons as slaves to Hephaestus in exchange for weapons and armor.
>>
>>48107413
Also yeah, what >>48107429 said really. Especially since Apocalypse tripped him up seemingly by accelerating his own reaction time rather than deploying his own space-time shenanigans.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mnnd6nVWV61qz4rgp.jpg (57KB, 500x230px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mnnd6nVWV61qz4rgp.jpg
57KB, 500x230px
>>48107108
There are higher quality images of individual Key Crests, but this should show you the variety of looks they have.
>>
>>48107435
To be fair, I'd rather own a divine hammer than a kid who's going to rack up college debt so I can't fault the Amazons' logic there at least.
>>
>>48107436
Plus the fact that he was able to send Apocalypse flying with his punches in the first place.
>>
>>48107435
That distinction doesn't matter much, anon.
>>
>>48107430
All I'm saying is moving the softcap higher. I really just mentioned Arrowverse because if the X-Men power gets buffed more, it'll be explicitly better than the Arrowverse one and people will probably bitch about it.
>>
>>48107466
I wasn't giving it as a justification, just to clarify what was going on in case anyone was curious.
>>
>>48107482
Honestly I just wanted Speedster for the unlimited access to the Speedforce post-spark.
>>
>>48107482
Arrowverse Speed force has plenty of non speed applications, like throwing and catching lighning. . . somehow
>>
>>48107387
Yeah, I would love to see the soft caps buffed to Mach 100 or so.
>>
File: 2b9.jpg (36KB, 600x406px) Image search: [Google]
2b9.jpg
36KB, 600x406px
>>48107502
>>
>>48107430
Arrowverse also displays feats that mean that your limit of mach 40 is pathetic (relative to the other speedsters), even without the lightning bullshit.
>>
>>48107529
Like?
>>
>>48107418
It wasn't painted as a good thing at all.

Wonder Woman was pretty horrified when she found out about it and Hephaestus basically calls them all out on it. The whole female-only idyllic warrior society is revealed to be a pretty brutal and unpleasant sham.

I honestly don't know where you could have gotten the idea that it was all sold as a good thing but I can only assume you didn't read the comic.
>>
>>48107524
And you would still be less 5% as fast as quicksilver. . .
>>
>>48107482
>it'll be explicitly better than the Arrowverse one and people will probably bitch about it.

I just don't follow the logic here. "People might complain about thing because unrelated thing from another setting is better" isn't a valid argument, especially when it's founded on the cancer that is interjump balance. By that logic everyone should be complaining every fireball spell isn't the equal of Giga Slave.
>>
>>48107532
Like that time in season 1 where Barry moved fast enough to see lightning going in slow motion?
>>
A question about KH jump, could I grab the Part of a Whole Drawback twice?

>>48107387
Why don't you pick up secondary Perks to help with that? I mean I can literally walk faster than Quicksilver could run thanks to a combination of Super Speed, Bayonetta's magic style, Quicksilver Style, Kanka, Chi usage, and Shunko. Granted this is all ridiculous when combined, but isn't that the entire point?
>>
>>48107482

>>48107387
Why not just get yourself some time powers and copy quicksilver? Why try to force makers to change their jumps to match something outside of their jumps?
>>
>>48107548
Is that feat consistent with all his other feats or just an outlier to look cool?
>>
>>48107542
What if you combine it with Lunar Dial from Touhou? Would that help?
>>
>>48107535
I imagine he's conflating how it was viewed pre New 52 and how it's presented in the New 52. Most of the heartache it caused, if I remember right, was that it did kick the pedestal out from under Amazon society and made them more gritty and less utopian.
>>
>>48107542
Well, it is a soft cap...
>>
File: 1361676590269.gif (3MB, 267x199px) Image search: [Google]
1361676590269.gif
3MB, 267x199px
>>48096320
So instead of giving us a REAL Skullgirls 2 they're giving us a shitty cashgrab phonetrash game with microtransactions. Consider me pissed off.
>>
>>48107543
I never said it made sense, anon. But with those being really similar abilities in kind-of similar jumps, I can just see people arguing about it.
>>
>>48107563
Yes, as would any other time power.

What are some good time stop/slow perks that would be good for this?
>>
>>48107535
>It's totally a bad thing but we aren't gonna do anything about it at all
>>
>>48107535
Did she try to save the slaves? Actually do anything to stop the Amazons from repeating the process?
>>
>>48107548
I could've sworn Arrowverse Flash capped out at fewer machs, that sounds more like a feat of perception than land speed per se really.

>>48107563
You know, I really wish there were better feats for Lunar Dial. People keep insisting to me that it's better than Time Alter Accel in every conceivable way but as far as I can tell a maid uses it to clean really, really good and I just roll my eyes at it getting put on such a pedestral just because it's from Touhou. I mean, DBZ's, well, an endjump and it's a setting where a guy who can reverse time for a few seconds is considered crazy OP by the time of Goku mastering his super saiyan god powers and going to the interuniverse tournament.
>>
>>48107588
Most time powers I can think of are "slow time for 60 seconds".
>>
>>48107579
Fair enough. I just think suggesting to do something because people might argue about it otherwise instead of making a logical decision consistent with established principles is pretty silly.
>>
>>48107608
That guy from DBZ can only stop time and even then for less than a second I believe.
>>
>>48107608
I honestly don't know anything about Touhou, it's just the only time power I know of that's that flexible.
>>
>>48107608
Time Alter Accel is pretty shitty as far as time powers go man. A Maid using it to clean fast means she can at least accomplish the main function of TAA as well as that ability can. The only other ability it has is slowing down the user. Both speeding up and slowing down the user also damages the user. So basically, most time powers are going to be better then the one that only affects the user and does so at a lethal cost.
>>
>>48107629
You must be new here.
>>
>>48107608
Sakuya's role and duties doesn't make her power less impressive.

It's ultimately a game series where the characters are cute, outlandish lolis doing cute and/or horrific things then drinking tea. A maid is mandatory.
>>
>>48107644
Meh, admittedly I'm speaking from the point of view of someone with too much regen but in practice that just means to me they're on-par with each other and I think TAA is cooler.

>>48107634
That's a fait point. I'm willing to buy it's more flexible, but people acted like it also stops time more or has more raw power or...something, just because of some throwaway lines in the perk about usurping other peoples' timestops I can't find any basis for in the Touhou canon. I guess the part about it manipulating space as well is kind of neat if you're ever dealing with someone specifically insured against time-only shenanigans?

>>48107684
Oh, stop that you.

>>48107630
On the one hand, holy shit DBZ is bad at time shenanigans.

On the other hand to be fair at the speed Goku and any reasonable rival must be fighting at by now, even half a second is a long, long window of opportunity to punch a guy with.
>>
>>48107699
Allow me to rephrase: Sakuya's role and duties render it unclear why I should be impressed with her power in any way, shape or form because I can't recall her doing anything impressive with it unlike, say, that oni who can turn intangible.
>>
>>48107711
So your speaking from the point of view of someone using the ability beyond what is shown in canon and dissing another ability because what is shown in canon isn't as impressive as what you could only accomplish with stuff beyond the ability by itself? Seems mighty unfair. Not to mention that Sakuya can stop time, something TAA is absolutely unable to do.
>>
>>48107591
>>48107607
Well they do it 3 times every century so it may not be due for a while, IIRC she had been exiled and by the time she actually had any influence over the society there was a massive catastrophe on the horizon. Catastrophe gets averted and then the run ended so nobody really knows what would have happened after that. I think it was implied once or twice that Diana was curbing some of the uglier aspects of their society when they were all under attack but there wasn't really enough time for full societal change of a people who were largely ignorant of the world at large and worshipped gods who are mostly arseholes.

She actually did try to save the slaves when she found out about them but then they all turned out to want to carry on broing it up with Hephaestus because he's actually a good dude.
>>
>>48107735
She's a bossfight and a character in the fighting games. Have you at least watched videos of that?
>>
>>48107608
Just go Thief of Time in SBURB. Get all the time, all of it.
>>
>>48107608
>Lunar Dial
Found the page on her powers, it's a little more ridiculous than I remembered, so I'll be quoting directly:
> Sakuya possesses the ability to manipulate time, where she's able to control the flow of time, such as speeding up time, slowing it down, erasing it, and stopping time altogether. She can also compress the flow of time to make both past and future to exist at the same time, making the same object from different timelines be in many places simultaneously.The extend of her ability let her not only control the time of the place in which she is, but can influence the flow of time of a person, a specific object or even a small zone if she so desires, such as stopping the time of an object and thus affecting the space, making it stand still on thin air or creating time suspension fields where everything inside them will be affected by her ability; she can also accelerate or decelerate the movement of objects from slowed down speed to incredibly high speed, to even reaching the speed of light, making it move at tremendous speed. However, as it is difficult to reverse events that have already occurred, and since she is not able to return broken things to how they were originally even if she reversed time, in reality, it is not possible to reverse time. However, she is able to do things to the extent of moving things back to where they were originally. She has shown the ability to erase time of an object from a respective timeline; such as erasing bullets of the present and then the future, making them non-existent.
[pt. 1 / ?]
>>
>>48107759
> She is also able to manipulate space,[1][9] and can narrow or lengthen it: she made the Scarlet Devil Mansion, which was originally spacious, even more abundantly spacious, and furthermore just like this she cleans alone. ZUN also said that "Manipulation of Time" is synonymous with "Manipulation of Space" (as it's well-known space and time are related as a 4-dimensional Lorentzian space within a pseudo-Riemannian manifold). By manipulating space-time, Sakuya is able to create parallel universes to some degree of extend, allowing her to make another Sakuya appear in front of her, which will execute a different action to that of the original, and thus creating a time paradox.

> According to Perfect Memento in Strict Sense, the power to control time is a power that a human can possibly have, but isn't acquired just from just training. In the games, using this ability, she scatters an infinite quantity of knives. To disclose the secret of this trick, she stops time and assiduously collects the knives.

> Hieda no Akyuu believes Sakuya has managed to live so long while still looking like a teenager by manipulating time. It's true that Sakuya can increase the speed at which something ages, such as making bamboo flowers bloom instantly in Marisa's A ending of Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, even though this would normally take sixty years. It seems safe enough to assume she can decelerate aging for a specific object, too.
[pt. 2 / 2]
>>
>>48107711
Did you just not research at all mate? Even the most cursory look at the wiki not only describes her power but gives canon examples. You shouldn't expect much if you base your opinion on naught but hearsay.
>>
File: 21993.jpg (23KB, 220x293px) Image search: [Google]
21993.jpg
23KB, 220x293px
>>48105843
>>48105881
>>48106393
Given that I take companions BASICALLY just for funny setting interactions (which is how P&S won out on my original build), I'm now tempted to try and take both.
Geez, that's so expensive, though...

>>48106816
I mostly like to buy stuff and then upgrade it. Stuff I make all by myself tends to be mass produced or tailored for the setting.

>>48107131
Well, we got the go ahead to blow up the planet if needbe, so.
Exterminatus...?

>>48107108
They're basically just a broach designed to allow magic filtering. See: >>48107445

>>48107588
I just use the one from Madoka.
Homuhomu has "I just fucking freeze time for everything everywhere, end of story", and that's good enough for me.
>>
>>48107747
Hey, I never said I was unbiased. I'm not asking for anything to be changed here, I'm just saying from my point of view one's overrated as fuck.

Amusingly enough, ever since Kiritsugu became a Servant in Fate/Grand Order it seems his Time Alter has become a Rank B Noble Phantasm called Chronos Rose and...it's literally just Time Alter, but it doesn't appear to damage him anymore.

This is funny to me for some reason.

>>48107750
Yes. Bossfights rely overmuch on spamming lasers, dodging and gameplay mechanics themed around those elements. None of which appear to portray impressive time shenanigans to my mind.

>>48107753
You're not wrong but then I was talking about Touhou and TAA, not Sburb.

>>48107802
>>48107778
>>48107759
Fair enough.

But pardon me if I'm a little underwhelmed that all this is Wildbow'd through author comments, part of someone's unconformed rumor or otherwise somehow isn't represented at all in the battles.
>>
>>48107835
Oh hey, I like the hair down look, blue. Is it odd that I think you'd fit perfectly into P&S? You should totally buy both sets of canon companions.
>>
>>48107552
>A question about KH jump, could I grab the Part of a Whole Drawback twice?
Soooo, I guess I'm gonna have to fanwank this then?
>>
>>48107857
>But pardon me if I'm a little underwhelmed that all this is Wildbow'd through author comments, part of someone's unconformed rumor or otherwise somehow isn't represented at all in the battles.
There is an image, on the wiki page, clearly labeled, of her stopping time, in a canon manga written by ZUN himself. If you're simply too lazy to spend the minute to check I have no idea what to say to you.
>>
>>48107857
Had taken it as you were shopping time manipulation and those were the two you were most interested in. Therefore I proposed a third option that's similarly strong but less reliant on either going through the land of wank and lolis (unless of course that's what you decide is your planet's name for SBURB).
>>
File: 4654.jpg (57KB, 586x438px) Image search: [Google]
4654.jpg
57KB, 586x438px
>>48107916
>the land of wank and lolis
>>
>>48107940
>>48107916
But isn't that just 4chan?
>>
>>48107940
As in Tohou. It's composed of nothing but those two things by my understanding.
>>
>>48107749
That's pretty idiotic. Studies have shown that men only very rarely develop Stockholm Syndrome for their captor.
>>
What are the best time stop perks/powers/tech?
>>
>>48105076
Done as best I can. if you notice more I'll fix it

>>48103482
>>48104234
Oh right, I forgot how to do jumps.

>>48103574
No. Ones a charisma perk and the other is a magic perk. Because they use subterfuge as a theme doesn't mean anything. I flipped 'em around.

I added some stuff to dragon though.
>>
>>48107976
Less captor and more 'the god who saved them from letting drowned by their insane mothers, raised them and then let them run around in robot suits making crazy shit in a magical factory'.
>>
>>48108029
>>48107044
>Hey Strike-Chan, were you not including an appearance perk in the new DXD release or did I just not see it?
>>
>>48107999
Rick&Morty's timestop tech probably. It can keep time stopped pretty much as long as you want.
>>
>>48108035
Still slaves and still their captor. If a guy buys you from the black market and traps you in a basement he's STILL your captor and owner even if he gives you videogames.
>>
File: Heretical tits.png (105KB, 261x326px) Image search: [Google]
Heretical tits.png
105KB, 261x326px
>>48108053
>Changeling - 400 - Mages mostly focus on developing power, bigger explosions, bigger summoning, bigger barriers, but there is something to be said for finesse. Minuet alterations to bone and sinew, skin and flesh, while not a particularly powerful procedure takes a lot of concentration. With this perk you have that finesse, along with a set of spells that can painlessly change the appearance of anyone they are applied to. Make an enemy unrecognisable to their allies, make yourself unrecognisable to them, or just give an friend the face and set of knockers they've always wanted. (50% off for Khaos)

Didn't you (or another anon) describe it as "So I can make my uggo companions not uggo no more" or something to that effect?
>>
>>48108081
...you wouldn't happen to be that guy who's super butthurt about interpreting any form of emplyment ever as slavery would you?
>>
>>48108115
biomancy =/= appearance.
>>
>>48108115
>"So I can make my uggo companions not uggo no more"
Yeah, that's pretty much what I said.

While this wasn't what I was looking for, it's still pretty neat and it'll do the trick. Thanks.
>>
>>48107889
Or wait for the jumpmakers. You do know it's morning and a holiday in the US?
>>
>>48107999
Lunar Dial and the one from Madoka
>>
>>48108234
Nope, actually forgot that.
>>
>>48108115
This isn't an appearance perk, it's shapeshifting.
>>
>>48108157
No. Do you know what captive and slavery mean?
>>
>>48107999
Personally, I'm a fan of Quicksilver Style and Magic Works from Bayonetta.
>>
>>48108289
Yes. Someone else seems to think it means doing some odd jobs for Santa Claus/the Erlking/a dragon every now and then, though.
>>
File: 38831-1-1293718943.jpg (234KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
38831-1-1293718943.jpg
234KB, 1280x1024px
>>48108158
You're using biomancy to change your appearance. It literally says

>a set of spells that can painlessly change the appearance of anyone they are applied to.

Did you just want a temporary magical veil or something? Why bother reapplying your magical make up when it wears off when you can just use this spell and change them back when you've had enough?

Keep photos handy I guess. Oh! That holographic imager from Star Trek is actually useful rather than just a novelty.

Actually now I think about it I could have used that to scan and 3d print all the things.

>>48108195
I have to overthink everything anon. Magic is just science we don't understand after all.

>>48108270
I really don't see the difference.
>>
>>48108309
Kinda irrelevant to the point I was making to Cats, though.
>>
>>48108318
>I really don't see the difference.
Appearance perk: Makes you pretty. Absolute effect.

Shapeshifting: You can change your meat around. Doesn't have to look pretty, not an absolute effect.
>>
>>48108318
Appearance perks mean you look good. They're perks, so as long as they're active, they work.

You take a perk to be pretty, you're pretty. Even if you're a shoggoth.

You take biomancy/shapeshifting, you need to make yourself look pretty in a specific form. You can also do other shit with it.
>>
>>48108318
Many jumpers have so many stacked appearance perks that it is impossible to design a more attractive appearance, they want another one.
>>
>>48108344
You're in compete control of it

You have the spectrum of both pretty and uggo. You can do either. Pretty is within the scope of the spell.

Again, whats the issue?
>>
File: What is this.jpg (60KB, 522x438px) Image search: [Google]
What is this.jpg
60KB, 522x438px
>>48108379
>Many jumpers have so many stacked appearance perks that it is impossible to design a more attractive appearance, they want another one.
>>
>>48108318
I think it's that with enough appearance perks you eventually end up beyond what is physically possible with your prettiness. Getting into some conceptual type bullshit.
>>
>>48108383
They're not absolutes. Pretty is subjective. You're just an ugly shapeshifter, it's not really you. It's only meat manipulation.
>>
>>48108397
Unlimited Vanity Works.
>>
>>48108081
The Amazons were just killing them before Hephaestus intervened and I believer were doing so as a sort of sacrifice. Having an Olympian come down and say 'I'll give you stuff if you just cut that shit out' was probably pretty much the only way to stop them just chucking them in the sea.

Add on that they're newborn babies when Hephaestus gets them so he actually raises them as well and that working in a forge is probably pretty much as close to a normal life as he can imagine or offer them and the term captor becomes laughably reductive.

It's like if some wild man who lives in the woods on his own (or any person isolated from civilized society) sees some woman about to kill a baby and in an attempt to placate her gives her a trinket and takes the baby. The baby grows up with the wild man, learns to hunt, forage, etc. from their adopted parent and doesn't really know shit about the outside world other than that their mother came from there and that their mother tried to murder them. They know however that they're treated with respect by the man who saved them and know they have a home there so they don't leave because A) they're happy and B) where the hell would they go?

For all we know of Hephaestus' character he probably wouldn't mind if they wanted to leave but none of them do because it's their home and there's a certain sense of fulfillment in making giant robot elephants.
>>
>>48108397
>they want another one.
Yes.
>>
>>48108412
The chain gun tusks are magnificent. Also, Hephaestus is on the short list of bro-tier Greek deities. Surprise, surprise, the ugly outcast is the one who's actually kind.
>>
>>48108412
Your post is literally just 'slavery is better than death'. That's irrelevant. It's still slavery.

>They start as babies.
Yes and? A child raised in slavery is still a slave.
>He doesn't understand non-forge things!
How is this supposed to make them not captives, again?
>>
>>48108412
>making giant robot elephants.
A life well spent.
>>
>>48108452
>ephaestus is on the short list of bro-tier Greek deities
Behold, I have invented the rape couch!
>>
>>48108460
They never know anything else and can do whatever they want. Do you understand what slavery is? I think not.
>>
>>48108483
The thing I believe you're thinking of just shot a net over Aphrodite and Ares when she decided to cheat on him so everyone could come and laugh at them.
>>
>>48108412
At this point he's just arguing for the sake of arguing. You've made your case and, for what it's worth, I think Hephaestus' actions are more rescue and adoption than rape. Obtuse!Anon is just making noise at this point.
>>
>>48108029
Hey Strike-chan sorry to say this, but the Jump still feels off-base. I'll link you a breakdown later, but yeah, sorry to be the downer.

Right now though, my main beef are the terms that being played fast and loose with, and what feels like at least one unnecessary Drawback.
>>
>>48108489
>They never know anything else
This is supposed to make it better?
>>
>>48108460
It's not slavery and they're not captors if they're allowed to leave if they wanted to.
>>
>>48108460
How is what they do any different from s normal job?
>>
>>48108518
Where is it said they're allowed to leave? Are they given a non-fatal method to leave?

>>48108537
Your boss keeps you trapped in the factory, raised you from a baby, and doesn't pay you for your work?
>>
>>48108504
You sound like that autistic anon who had his period over shit in the Fairy Tale and Naruto jumps that other people didn't give a fuck about/liked.
>>
>>48108029
The Evil Piece is devil only. The Angel version is the Brave System based on card. The Brave System also have less number than the Devil Evil Piece. I don't think the fallen angel have one considering they can breed just fine.
>>
>>48108545
Well there's that bit where they all leave and stay in Themyscira after the big battle.

At least read the comic if you're going to start a shitfest over it.
>>
>>48108545
They love him like a father, its basically a family business.
>>
>>48106816
Buy it, the upgrade it.
>>
File: Dearemperorhow.jpg (46KB, 365x320px) Image search: [Google]
Dearemperorhow.jpg
46KB, 365x320px
>>48108405
It's people like you that killed aesthetics at the turn of the century. But we're coming back and soon everything will be alright again.

Like honestly I'm trying to empathise with you here but the fact is that if you can imagine it the perk can allow you to create it. This means that the Aesthetic you can attain is limited only by your imagination. To go beyond that limit it to possibly enter into the realm of the eldritch, and I'm sure there are perks out there that can allow you to do that in other jumps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU8HrO7XuiE

>>48108504
It's fine. Shoot me through a break down when you have the chance. I've said before that I'm probably not the one to do this particular jump in retrospect.

There is a limit to how much time I want to spend on it though.

>>48108562
Yeah, but we're trying to apply a perk tree universally. I suppose I could say "Angles use a card system, but it works basically the same, don't worry about it.

>>48108403
>>48108407
>>48108423
>>
>>48108584
Doesn't preclude slavery.

>>48108576
You should have mentioned that earlier. Is it under their own will or is it basically "Hephaestus is taking us there"?
>>
>>48108559
Nope.

Just an anon trying to help a Jump-maker out. What was that about anyways? I haven't been around lately.

>>48108612
'Kay, I'll be as fast as I can.
>>
>>48108545
You know this isn't slavery and shit but more of a orange morality kind of things. There is no good or bad from it but a guy doing what he believe is right. Since he is a god, his thinking might be different than from mortals. You can't just push what constitute your ideas and philosophy onto others that might not understand them. To you it might be slavery, to others it might be rescue and to him is doing what he thinks is right.
>>
>>48108625
Sure snd working inodern day dead end jobs not making giant robot elephants is still wage slaving. They can quit whenever they want but they dontm
>>
>>48108612
As people have said, they're prettier than possible. Your perk is basically useless for them (And also overpriced). You can't design a better look. That's why they wanted an appearance perk and not a meat manipulating perk.

There's also the fact that a shapeshifted look =/= you. It's plastic surgery and not an innate part of who you are.

>>48108632
I don't believe you.
>>
>>48108652
English please.
>>
>>48108653
>I don't believe you.
Believe what you want then boss, I've got some constructive criticism to sort out.
>>
File: reagan.jpg (449KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
reagan.jpg
449KB, 2000x1000px
>>48108653
I'm a transhumanist
This argument means nothing to me

>>48108640
Sounds like a Time for Choosing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvg7lRsCVJ8
>>
>>48108640
Slavery is a word with a definition, not an ideal.
>>
>>48108666
Fuck you.
>>
>>48108686
>I'm a transhumanist
Me too. I still know what the difference between genetics and plastic surgery is.

Plus that only applies to the second part of what I said.
>>
File: halberd8hXjDIK.png (80KB, 739x321px) Image search: [Google]
halberd8hXjDIK.png
80KB, 739x321px
Who else here Team Halberd?
>>
>>48108692
And its definition does not apply here.
>>
File: Halberd.jpg (286KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Halberd.jpg
286KB, 1920x1080px
>>48108707
Me
>>
>>48108625
They go as part of the battle and then decide to stay there which Hephaestus doesn't mind.

This is a bit from a comic post-Azarello's run where they decide to leave Themyscira because the Amazons are nuts.

So they can leave and stay gone and therefore they're pretty clearly not slaves or captors in any meaningful sense.

You should probably save having strong opinions on things until you actually know anything about the subject matter you're tackling. Will probably save everybody some time.
>>
>>48108714
How does it not, anon? He bought them and owns them.
>>
>>48108707
Is it an axe? Is it a spear? Is it a mages staff?

Fuck you, it's a halberd! It don't gotta explain shit.
>>
>>48107883
Thanks ~

Yeah, everything's pretty silly and cute there, despite often disgusting subject matter, the villains are fun and quirky and the heroes are selfish and awful, yet both have their own genuine roles to play.
Is it odd that I thought P&S would be one of the settings I'd fit in the most...?

Not to mention I swear like a fucking sailor.

Anyway, I probably will if I can figure out how to shuffle my choice points. God, I just want to buy EVERYTHING.

>>48108612
Well, I like it.
But then, I love designing shit.

Besides, I'd rather be able to alter people than just throw a "YOU'RE PRETTY NOW" perk at them. But that's me.
... I'm already a high end shapeshifter so the argument of personal utility is largely meaningless to me.
>>
>>48108707
Glaive superior.
>>
>>48108706
Don't bother. Strike's just going to keep assuming meat manipulation is just appearance yet to be gained, like his whining about "hurr durr magic is just science".

He ain't gonna listen.
>>
>>48108732
He paid for their lives but it is pretty obvious that he treats them as his children. Do you think adoption is free?
>>
>>48108745
Can you not use me as a springboard for your hatred against a person?
>>
>>48108754
Do you think a slave owner has to mistreat his slaves for them to be slaves?
>>
>>48108776
Irrelevant to this situation since they arent slaves.
>>
>>48108784
But not irrelevant to the point you tried to make.
>>
>>48108776
>voluntary adoption of a newborn through a non-profit agency will generally cost between $10,000 and $25,000.

He paid to adopt them with his smithing. He raised them. He doesn't mistreat them or force them to stay. They are not slaves they are adopted sons.
>>
>>48108800
Actually it is, he paid the women not to kill them but that doesn't make them slaves.
>>
>>48108815
You're not paying to purchase the person in that case, anon. You're paying government fees because the government wants money. Subtle distinction.

>The rest of your post is ignoring that a slave doesn't have to be mistreated to be a slave/
>>
>>48108837
He paid the amazonian government. Now tell me how they are slaves in any way when they can leave whenever they want?
>>
>>48108776
>>48108800
>>48108837
>>48108855
Hermione is that you?

Honestly this remind me of the time Hermione keep on going on SPEW even when it is not.
>>
>>48108722
I wasn't part of this argument, but was about to ask if he's let them.leave if they wanted. Since that actually happens, they clearly aren't slaves. Jesus Christ, people are just ignoring this post when it's the best evidence that they're not.
>>
>>48108855
I think he just likes bitching.
>>
>>48108837
What do you think slavery means you fucking idiot? They can quit and leave when they want. That is not slavery.
>>
>>48108865
Really at this point it's more like if House Elves were allowed to leave whenever they want and Hermione got all autistic about it saying they would have been slaves if not for this fact.
>>
>>48108855
>>48108885
And these two posts are conflating the part where anon is arguing over what defines slavery with the argument on whether these individuals are slaves.
>>
>>48108885
If anything he paid for their freedom.
>>
>>48108722
Isn't Hephaestus literally the only Olympian that isn't an evil asshole in the New 52?
>>
>>48108910
Yeah and gave them a really fucking great apprenticeship.

Wish someone had taught me to build big crazy robots.
>>
>>48108900
Yeah, I mean this discussion is now merely for discussion sake and nothing more...
>>
>>48108903
Not him but are you trying to say definitions of words don't matter?
>>
>>48108987
The others are the ones claiming definitions don't matter, because they're making the claim that a well-treated slave isn't a slave.
>>
And now, having thoroughly lost the argument about slavery, our obtuse!anon transitions to an argument about meaning.
>>
>>48109003
Thought so. Yeah you are an idiot.
>>
File: tgchan.png (182KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tgchan.png
182KB, 500x375px
>>48109008
>>
File: 1458230688066.jpg (203KB, 753x753px) Image search: [Google]
1458230688066.jpg
203KB, 753x753px
>>48108029
>>48108115
>>48108318
See >>48108344 and >>48108653.

Appearance perks are a different thing than biomagy. Yes, "biomagy", because "biomancy" implies a form of divination instead of the actual magical manipulation of things which would be "biomagy". Something that both mainstream and most people doesn't care about, and I understand that I am being retarded about this, just a little personal gripe. BUT. The point is while I would probably pick up that perk anyway, it is not the same thing as a tried and true Appearance-enhancing perk, such as something that makes your hair always look amazing, or your skin never blemishes, or you somehow look just absolutely beautiful all around.

>But you can do all that with changing your flesh around!
Yes, but you aren't accounting for some of the things a lot of vanity people enjoy: The implied guarantee that their appearance is enhanced, and the lack of upkeep needed. Shifting your flesh around, you're always going to have to keep on top of things. Always going to have to second guess yourself, always double check everything. Vanity perks? One and done. Wham, bam, thank you ma'am.

tl;dr >>48108379 more or less has the gist of it. The changing of flesh is still useful, but when people say "appearance perks" they were hoping for another thing to stack.
>>
>>48108913
To be honest I only read Azarello's run but really they're more amoral than evil.

Ares and Hephaestus are basically good guys for the run as far as I remember but most of the others are self-interested, prideful, duplicitous, arbitrary or any combination of those four things.

Honestly can't entirely remember whether Hermes for instance was a good guy or not as he kept changing sides.

They all act as you'd expect Olympians to act if Zeus disappeared, they're all making their own plays and most of them are jerks.
>>
>>48109089
The Vanity is strong in this one.
>>
File: smugfacekk0xvtx.png (117KB, 372x351px) Image search: [Google]
smugfacekk0xvtx.png
117KB, 372x351px
>>48109124
>The Vanity is strong in this one.
>this one
>implying
>>
>>48109097
>Ares
>Mr. "War for the sake of war, violence for the sake of violence. No strategy or higher purpose, just slaughter."
>Mr. "I don't just fuck mortals, I sleep around with other gods' wives."
>Mr. "I got wounded by a mortal."
>Good guy
>>
File: zing.jpg (219KB, 900x1384px) Image search: [Google]
zing.jpg
219KB, 900x1384px
>>48109202
He basically got old and jaded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpWmlRNfLck
>>
File: Happy sakuya.png (155KB, 467x541px) Image search: [Google]
Happy sakuya.png
155KB, 467x541px
>>48107759
>>48107778
>tfw you knew Sakuya was bullshit
>tfw you just took it

>tfw you were amused at that anon calling the Overlord manga a "free power boost" when the Touhou jump exists
>>
File: 1459329334300.jpg (294KB, 612x782px) Image search: [Google]
1459329334300.jpg
294KB, 612x782px
>>48108706
We're getting pretty deep into the definition of humanity. Appearance up until the last 50 years is something we've not had much control over makeup, hairstyles and tattoos aside. Scars tell a story, clothes make the man.

You know >>48108745 is kinda right Aside from the "hurr durr, magic is just science IRL I'm pagan, I do rituals and shit. I was fun posting. That was a good time for me and I found the discussion moderately interesting. I'll listen but I'm not going to get it, because while I think that if I was to finally get the stomach that I wanted I'd suddenly become pretty confident, but then if I had that stomach all the time I'd probably be in the exact same situation just with a hang up over my thighs or complexion or something.

I don't believe that things you can't control should define you, but the question as to whether or not they do or even should is one that's been fruitlessly discussed for millennia. This is why I, for the most part, post anonymously. When I do name fag, well, I do feel like I do have an appearance in the minds eye of the anons, but it's one that I've tailored through avatar fagging and rhetoric.

>>48109089
Oh, we're back to the question of the perk its self?
No longer talking about whether of not your appearance plays into yourself?
It's meta
You want me to play into the meta game
No
An objective improvement comes from your own understanding of aesthetics.
>>
>>48109259
>Touhou
>free power boost
I've heard that tossed around a few times. Is it really that safe? Does it really give that much power?
>>
File: 1439313879647.jpg (46KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
1439313879647.jpg
46KB, 500x383px
>>48109267
>Pagan
>>
>>48109283
Depends if you go light hearted or dark in the setting. It is a fact that outsiders are dropped in and are eaten by youkai if they don't find a shrine or the human village.
>>
>>48109283
World ending threats happen all the time.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d8)

>>48102100
99 Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines
Age 21
Socialite
Toreador
Blood Buff, Celerity Level 1, Presence Level 1, Auspex Level 5 -400,
Blood Bond, Embrace, Haggling, Seduction -100, Persuasion -200,
Ghoul, Fridge of Blood -100, Tal'Mahe'Ra Blade -200, Sauloscept -300,
To Be Continued +200, Fornication +100,
Largely follow the plot(mostly). Have fun. Also, wander about town in the daytime thanks to my ring. I'll likely be draining the vampires that cross me as enemies and then eating their souls as well.
Continue
1 Outlaw Star
2 Master of Magic
3 Mega Man
4 Gunnerkrigg Court
5 GI Joe
6 Long Live the Queen
7 Anno 2070
8 Shin Megami Tensei
>>
File: Disappointed.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Disappointed.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>48109267
I'm just not into that perk, it does nothing for me.
>>
>>48109283
Yep.

I mean, the capstones/600 CPs completely copy the powers of some of the settings' heavyweights. One 600 CP lets you retcon history.

>>48109300
I thought the default assumption is it's lighthearted unless you do one of the fanfics

>>48109306
Aren't those all solved by a girl having some playful laser battles with some other girls instead of world-ending reality warping powers being used to their full potential, though?
>>
>>48109311
Long Live the Queen(yay, another gauntlet). Need a new 6
>>
>>48109325
>>48109325
Princess Bride
>>
>>48109283
If you keep spell cards and a light canon? Pretty safe. Just spell cards? Do-able for most jumpers. A darker canon with no spellcard rules? Endjump material, especially if you make enemies.
>>
File: 1438985436281.jpg (94KB, 589x637px) Image search: [Google]
1438985436281.jpg
94KB, 589x637px
>>48109267
>appearance perks are meta
>meta
>being pretty is meta
...I'm confused on how you came to that conclusion, but if you're that adamant then I can't stop you. It is what it is.
>>
>>48109267
>pagan
That's interesting. I don't know a lot about paganism, but do you follow a specific god or something? Are you Wicca or something else?
>>
>>48109318
Aren't most threats in most settings solved by the protagonist?
>>
>>48109337
queued
>>
File: touhou nuke it from orbit.jpg (1MB, 1200x1915px) Image search: [Google]
touhou nuke it from orbit.jpg
1MB, 1200x1915px
>>48109283
The other anon's post describes what Sakuya can do pretty well.
There's also "Power of Nuclear Forces", "Fate Manipulation", and "Power of Death" (though that one's a bit nerfed).

Take the light hearted canon drawback and make a name for yourself, and don't be an idiot.

There's also the fact that you can get absurdly powerful companions from the jump, like Yuuka "Giant Fuckhuge Lasers" Kazami, or Suika "I Crush Mountains" Ibuki.
>>
>>48109267
For my part, I'm not really looking for you to 'get it' anymore. You pretty clearly don't understand our Unlimited Vanity Works (and yes, that's actually the name of my Reality Marble. Conceptual Prettiness.) and I'm not sure it's something that can be rationally explained.

I'm just asking for an appearance perk. Not a shapeshifting one. Both can be gotten everywhere else. Shapeshifting doesn't stack, it just give you another way to do the same thing. Appearance perks /do/ stack.

What the hell is the responce to Red about? Something about being meta? Huh?
>>
>33)Cardcaptor Sakura
>Drop-In

>Conjoined Conjures
>Ctrl Z
>Something Special
>Moon Battery
>Unconquerable Love

>Pride
>Anthophobia
>Phasmophobia
>Clow's Emnity

I think I'll be stuck dealing with Clow's future sight bullshit for most of the jump, as well as my new set of crippling fears. I can't interact with the plot without running and screaming in terror, so I have to rely on zerg intermediaries. After all the magic shit is over, we fight through Clow's keikakus to take over North Korea again. Flowers will be made very, very illegal but Terezi still insists on pulling out "romantic" bouquets to give me.
>>
>>48109318
Lighthearted is more meme related like Sakuya's pad, Yukari being 17 forever, Yuri will rule the world, ect ect.
The default is basically the regular setting where youkai are suppose to make humans fear them at least from what I can tell from the sorce material. Heck if I remember right Shikieiki was nagging Yuuka for not scaring enough humans.
Real 2hu fans please correct me if I am wrong here.
>>
>>48109267
It just does not fit the feel of DxD. People are pretty, they did not have to magic themselves prettier to get that way.
>>
>>48109318
>some of the settings' heavyweights.
The settings' heavyweights are things like the omnipotent dragon god.
>>
File: Yuuka Kazami Horror.jpg (598KB, 800x1324px) Image search: [Google]
Yuuka Kazami Horror.jpg
598KB, 800x1324px
Jumpers!
Many of you are monsters, demons, or eldritch monstrosities.

But what of your companions? Have you turned any of those who follow you into monsters?
>>
>>48109412
They usually are solved either by Reimu, Marisa, Sanae, or Sakuya.
>>
>>48109353
>>48109437
My perk allows you to be the prettiest thing you can imagine on a whim.

If you then stack an appearance perk on that you become prettier that you can fathom and probably go insane upon seeing your reflection.

But from the standpoint of you, IRL, it's a perk on a sheet or a document. I feel at that point it's a meta thing.

>>48109447
>>48109312
Well, aesthetics is really a secondary effect to make the anon who asked to make his uggos not uggos happy. I designed it around the idea of you forging your companions into doppelgangers that allow you to put them in key positions.

>>48109390
I feel I've blogged enough.

>>48109447
Is there an actually thing about everyone being pretty in DxD or is it like all anime? Where the artists only know how to draw one face/draw what will move the most figures and bluray releases?
>>
>>48109438
>Fight a plan to take over NK
Why? Anything would be an improvement for them.
>>
>>48109447
Eh, they kinda did. Devils use something like the perk to look young no matter their age. Probably what inspired it.
>>
So, starting a chain focused on surviving in dangerous death worlds. I'm starting in Dark Souls then going to either Fallout or Bloodborne. Borderlands will come soon after. I have to climb the power ladder smi-linearly.

What are some other good jumps for this?
>>
>>48109444
It's not really lighthearted in lore, yeah. It's pretty dark. It's just that the games follow named character being wacky weirdos while they solve/cause the world ending disasters.
>>
>>48109528
I mean fight through Clow's drawback-enforced prescient postmortem plans to fuck with whatever I do. I plan on conquering North Korea (as I tend to when a jump drops me in Japan and I run out of plot to deal with), so Clow is going to have had planned to try to stop me.
>>
>>48109502
None of them started human.

>>48109515
Missing the point.
>>
>>48108707
I'm Team Octopus.
>>
>>48109444
I won't lie: I just don't understand Touhou.

As far as I can tell it's like a more elaborate version of what Wildbow does with Worm, but with cute girls instead of space whales and the cuteness being emphasised over the grimdark despite each world being objectively at similar levels of grimdark.

>>48109476
Also people really need to stop misusing the word omnipotent, especially with regard to characters who've never appeared in a game.
>>
>>48109578
You are literally the only person who gets so autistic about the word omnipotent.
>>
>>48109502
Given how much CP I've invested in my Choir, and as much shit as they've followed me into, they're about as far removed from their mortal beginnings as is possible. They've had multiple different forms, and I've teased and tweaked their performance and appearance to suit their roles.

They're still separate and distinct, I tried to use their starting personalities as a guide for what they'd grow into, but they'd be all be unrecognizable to anyone who knew them when they left 40k.

The same could be said for many of my close companions, but the Choir always gets imported and is always by my side.
>>
>>48109578
It's not so much grimdark but just dark.
>>
>>48109541
Touhou with the No Spell Card Rules drawback.

Gensokyo goes from "fairly friendly, if you can dodge bullets you should be fine" to "barren wasteland full of powerful monsters that won't hesitate to kill you."
>>
File: Touhou was a mistake.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Touhou was a mistake.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
>>48109578
>I won't lie: I just don't understand Touhou

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc8GNaED3Ok

Pray that you never do
>>
>>48109588
Sad thing is, I'm not. There's at least one other guy I've seen get up and up about it.

>>48109609
I dunno, seems more like the kind of grimdark where people who matter are happy and cheery and nobody cares because it's the people who don't who get preyed on by eldritch monsters in the dead of night for fear.
>>
File: 1424493601121.png (1MB, 934x785px) Image search: [Google]
1424493601121.png
1MB, 934x785px
>>48109525
>My perk allows you to be the prettiest thing you can imagine on a whim.
>But from the standpoint of you, IRL, it's a perk on a sheet or a document. I feel at that point it's a meta thing.
>mfw
Wait. So because people like to stack things and indulge in stuff, you feel it's meta, just because they like to keep track of everything on documents. ...I guess every single jumpchain player is completely wrong, then.

>If you then stack an appearance perk on that you become prettier that you can fathom and probably go insane upon seeing your reflection.
And this just feels like hyperbole, we have never seen anything like that ever happen in the show or the manga. How on Earth would a single 400CP perk somehow make you so beautiful that you beat out supernatural beings and gods? No, seriously. How. I need to know the logic behind this.
>>
>>48109695
>hyperbole
I think she means that if you are already as beautiful as you can fathom and then add more pretty perks, you are now more beautiful then you can fathom.
>>
>>48109695
Presumably they mean that you could (hypothetically) use psychology to determine the body which would maximally activate the brain's "this is an attractive person" areas and then give someone that body. Then stacking appearance perks on top of that would make someone more attractive than the brain is able to account for, because their body is as hot as possible and the perks force them to be even prettier than that.
>>
>>48109738
I think you're right and get what they're saying but it's not necessarily true that you'd go mad because you can't fathom something.
>>
>>48109502
Most of my Companions are pretty normal. Two Pokemon and two cyborgs are relatively standard as far as Companions go. However, the other two certainly fall under the definition of monster.

Seras (Hellsing, Full-Blooded version) is definitely a monster in body, but her mind isn't so far removed from the plucky Draculina she started as. Still, when she wants to rampage, there's going to be a ton of blood.

Tak (Invader Zim) has slowly become one as she's accumulated powers over the past Jumps. She favors anything to do with shape shifting, monster forms, and unusual powers. Mind you, she's still quite loyal to me, but I can't really stop her once she puts her mind to something.
>>
File: 1271479301851.jpg (64KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1271479301851.jpg
64KB, 600x450px
>>48109738
I don't doubt that it's a possibility, I'm doubting how a single 400CP perk can instantly throw you to the very pinnacle of beauty that risks your sanity when we have seen zero proof of that in the setting. A flesh-shaping perk to boot.
>>
>>48109761
>Seras
If it weren't for the fact that she has to share her psyche with that weirdo, she'd be pretty awesome.

Also, that pic looks mad comfy.
>>
File: SCP meets Flandre.jpg (381KB, 1000x725px) Image search: [Google]
SCP meets Flandre.jpg
381KB, 1000x725px
Jumpers!
Have you ever unleashed something from your travels to slaughter those completely unprepared for it?

How bloody was it?
>>
>>48109759
It's stupid lovecraft logic. In the real world, if you can't understand something you just don't. Your brain doesn't implode.
>>
>>48109695
>So because people like to stack things and indulge in stuff, you feel it's meta

Yes

>I guess every single jumpchain player is completely wrong, then.

No, it's a single player game after all, but accommodating that meta as a jump maker is a battle that you've already lost.

>And this just feels like hyperbole

Prettiest thing you can imagine + pretty = something that's prettier than you can imagine

Now I don't know about you but I've got a pretty vivid imagination. I'm not saying that if you just exceed my limitations that I'll go insane, but I think if you exceeded them enough I would. Maybe aesthetics is cyclical. Regardless, that level of aesthetic is sufficient for almost anything you need to do.
>>
>>48109797
Nothing stopping you from preventing the Pippening.
>>
>>48109759
>>48109772
No argument here, just saying what i thought she meant. I'm one of the ones asking for a basic appearance perk.
>>
>>48109810
>Using minions to do your dirty work
>>
>>48109819
Wouldn't it be like trying to see a color that's outside of what you're capable of perceiving? You don't go mad, you just don't see it.

So you wouldn't drive people insane, you'd just be stuck at "as pretty as you can imagine" as far as most people can tell.
>>
>>48109810
"Tabi. Lunch time."

For those of you who didn't follow Seven's chain, he had a Great Gray Wolf named Tabi. He developed a taste for wizard after eating several Death Eaters alive.
>>
>>48109819
You must be able to understand what a mistake making a badwrongfun argument is by now.
>>
>>48109855
People eating is wrong.
>>
File: flandre trick or treat halloween.jpg (934KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
flandre trick or treat halloween.jpg
934KB, 1280x720px
>>48109840
They appreciate a chance to stretch, anon.
>>
>>48109883
wasting food is wrong.
>>
File: spagett.jpg (25KB, 430x300px) Image search: [Google]
spagett.jpg
25KB, 430x300px
>>48109883
>People eating is wrong.

Well boy do I have a series of images that'll upset you.
>>
>>48109267
Don't Dragons have a powerful Charisma as well?

And Changeling doesn't seem quite as good as the other 400 cp perks. You mention finesse, maybe you get more bang for your buck from spells? Or maybe you can utilize the fleshcrafting offensively?
>>
>>48109896
>>48109810
Flandre is a good girl.
>>
File: orange.jpg (34KB, 480x552px) Image search: [Google]
orange.jpg
34KB, 480x552px
>>48109883
>>48109929
>>
>>48109819
>badwrongfun
>>
>>48109089
I'm pretty sure "biomagy" is wrong, too, since you're mixing up languages there. Combining a Greek prefix and a Persian suffix, bad form. The most accurate would be "biourgy".
>>
File: flandre is innocent.png (767KB, 700x950px) Image search: [Google]
flandre is innocent.png
767KB, 700x950px
>>48109938
Yes she is.
>>
File: kitten.jpg (373KB, 1200x905px) Image search: [Google]
kitten.jpg
373KB, 1200x905px
>>48109810
Bloody? Why would it be bloody? I only make nice, cute, and fluffy things, like kittens. Look how harmless he is. Do you want one? I have too many and would be glad to share.
>>
File: 1387843218208.jpg (122KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1387843218208.jpg
122KB, 640x480px
>>48109963
...huh. You know what, you're right.

Thank you very much, anon.
>>
File: 92a328254e018312679793ecc19a2959.jpg (435KB, 1000x739px) Image search: [Google]
92a328254e018312679793ecc19a2959.jpg
435KB, 1000x739px
>>48109797
I tried to prevent that, I really did. But it seems like it was one of those things fated to happen. I prevented the siege of the house, only for Pip to catch a stray bullet during the street fighting and it happened anyways. I was greatly annoyed at that. But such is (un)life.

I suppose I could use some of the powers under my command to revert some of the changes to her psyche, but I'm really not sure I want to cross that line.

>>48109829
Valid point, but my rolls were not with me on that front.

>>48109810
I pretty much leveled Roanapur in Black Lagoon using Warhammer 40k weaponry and the Choir of Righteous Fury. There wasn't much anyone in that setting could do to fight back against power armor and that level of weaponry. Oh, Sofiya, I really regret I had to do that, but I had no choice in the matter.
>>
>>48109983
I hate that over shoulder machine gun design.
>>
>>48109854
Maybe
Or maybe witnessing it gives you access to forbidden knowledge

>>48109862
>>48109955
meta =/= badwrongfun all the time
Just accommodating it is exhausting.

>>48109937
Changeling is not a straight up power perk, but I think you can use it in really powerful ways if you use it cleverly.

As far as dragons being charismatic, I think that was a power unique to the Red Dragon Emperor.
>>
>>48109810
"Jibril?"
>"Hmm?"
"You about done with that one?"
>"A few pages. Why?"
"Well, when you're done I was wondering if you'd like to go out. There's a city that needs to go away and an adjacent hill with a great view. Thought you'd like to stretch you wings, show off a bit for me, and then we could grab a bite?"
>"Yay."
"It's a date then."

And that's how I deal with Pyongyang.
>>
>>48110010
You're spitting on people who like a certain playstyle because you think it's "meta". That's badwrongfun.
>>
File: majora flandre.png (2MB, 680x724px) Image search: [Google]
majora flandre.png
2MB, 680x724px
Jumpers!
What was your biggest mistake, in mixing items and people from different worlds?

>pic related
MISTAKES HAVE BEEN MADE
>>
>>48110029
I'm sorry you feel personally slighted but that it wasn't my original intent.
>>
>>48110045
Pop Rocks, soda, and Gourmet Cells.
>>
>>48110023
Can genocide be this comfy?
>>
>>48110060
>that it wasn't my original intent
Could have fooled me with your "but this is wrong and doing what everyone has done for the past 900 threads is wrong" posturing.
>>
>>48110045
GG no re anon.
You've ended your chain.
>>
File: 1456956790209.png (2MB, 904x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1456956790209.png
2MB, 904x1280px
>>48109999
I'm a Gun Wizard! I don't have to explain shit!

I know it's not the most practical design, but I love it anyways.

>>48110045
I really regret introducing Girly-card to DDR and anime. The less said, the better.
>>
>>48109810
My direwolf from Song of Ice and Fire. His name is Fluffy, and he has killed gods.

His Semblance is to grow and shrink as he wills, though he has a minimum size and at a certain point he gets to big to move efficiently. He knows how to read (minds) and is fully capable of turning the population of any animal-dominated locale to zero because he is that terrifying to them.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d8)

>>48109311
100 Long Live the Queen
Willful
Royal Demeanor(Queenly Dress), Military(Napoleonic-era General's Uniform), Intrigue(Catsuit and Monocle),
I See You -100, Not Touching You -200, Lumen(Magical Girl Outfit)-300, Jump Lumen -100, Advanced Jump Lumen(Savant, Hyperkinesis, Tutorial, Educated, Holy Empowerment)-300, Savvy Princess -100,
Impulsive +100, Bad Influence +200, Share The Pain +300, Double or Nothing +100, The Grand Alliance +400,
It should be no trouble for Elodie to master all of her skills in short order, thanks to perfect memory, perfect control over her movements, accelerated learning and learning anything in pretty much one shot anyway. It is unlikely for her to be killed thanks to Holy Empowerment giving her insane regeneration. Together, we'll get through the trials and tribulations and in the end Elodie will be Queen.
History(Schoolteacher's Dress with Glasses and Quill), Economics(Suit with Top Hat), Conversation(Tea Dress), Expression(Short White Tunic and Golden Laurel Wreath), Medicine(Nurse's Gown), Faith(Priestess Gown), Agility(Tutu), Weapons(Musketeer's Tabard), Athletics(Gym Class Uniform with Headband and Towel), Animal Handling(Jockey's Uniform), We both gain Royal Auras and I gain all the skills she learned in jump. Elodie joins my companions.
Continue
1 Outlaw Star
2 Master of Magic
3 Mega Man
4 Gunnerkrigg Court
5 GI Joe
6 Princess Bride
7 Anno 2070
8 Shin Megami Tensei
>>
>>48109978
I know the bite marks and bandage are supposed to clue us in that it's trouble, but c'mon, anyone who has ever had a kitten knows that such injuries are normal.
>>
>>48110124
Take a look at the tail.

Or the back foot.
>>
>>48110121
Master of Magic. I'll need a new 2.
>>
File: Snek dance.jpg (101KB, 1202x1260px) Image search: [Google]
Snek dance.jpg
101KB, 1202x1260px
>>48110112
sneks are love.
>>
>>48110141
X-COM
>>
>>48110112
>less said the better.
Anon now you have made me curious.
>>
>>48110010
Calling something meta is an insult.
>>
File: 1441507668855.jpg (889KB, 1275x1755px) Image search: [Google]
1441507668855.jpg
889KB, 1275x1755px
>>48110084
Please read the post again
I said that I consider it meta but that I didn't consider it wrong. You wanna do what is fun for you, knock yourself out. But I don't need to accommodate it.

I think to purging the heretics would be fun but I live in a society that doesn't accommodate that. We've got the perk that we have, I like it and I'm the one doing the leg work. I'm sorry anon, but that's life, please lay off the salt.
>>
>>48110139
I know. Just saying.
>>
>>48110168
queued
>>
>>48110192
Offense is taken, never given
>>
>>48110200
Meta IS wrong.
>>
>>48110045
>Get Choir from LoT
>They are obsessed with me, and I do nothing to put the brakes on this.
>Comment in thread about how they usually act as my loyal knights, but I don't act on romantic overtures.
>Thread calls me on my shit, I reevaluate my relationship with my Choir.
>Double down on stacking them with pretty perks
>Slowly start to reconsider having a relationship with my Choir
>Import them into Akame ga Kill
>>Most Powerful Most Beautiful
>Import them as Succubi in Rosario+
>Import them as Violet Lanterns in GLTAS
>Import them as my Sekirei in Sekirei
>Import them as my NPCs in Overlord
>mfw Choir and Albedo are assisting each other with seducing their respective obsessions
Mistake? Maybe and maybe not. The order of events was largely unintentional though.
>>
>>48110211
Insults are both given and taken.
>>
>>48110200
That's an awful big ball hanging in between your legs, Sister.
>>
>>48110230
Then take it with a stiff upper lip
>>
File: Shocked banchô-Anon.jpg (51KB, 300x753px) Image search: [Google]
Shocked banchô-Anon.jpg
51KB, 300x753px
>>48110045
>>mistakes I've made a few
taking Apokalypse now,giving tiny Tina a wand of universal fire,entering The holy Grail war in Fate/Extra, the Opportunities and time I lost by just shooting the Sonozaki family Before they could pull out their drivers,rather than using them as a way to get to foundation X, Screwing up the healing the minds then reformatting bodies with Omega level molecular manipulation in killing floor, taking friendly Fire in blame, darkest dungeon in general.
>>
>>48110237
Glad I'm not the only one that saw that.
>>
>>48108612
>It's fine. Shoot me through a break down when you have the chance. I've said before that I'm probably not the one to do this particular jump in retrospect.
Here you are boss. Hopefully I haven't gone too far.

http://pastebin.com/cvX676ke
>>
>>48110200
People asking one thing and you telling them "well you'll have to take this because I don't like how you stack from other jumps" is wrong.
>>
>>48110223
Is this a Yandere build? It feels like a Yandere build.
>>
>>48110223
I sort of want to see some failed seduction stories of this now.
>>
>>48110170
Okay, look. The first thing you have to understand about my time there is that the version of Girly-card I encountered was a huge troll. I knew he wasn't really a young girl and he knew it and as interested as I am in tasting all manner of flesh from across the multiverse, I wasn't into Girly-card. But s/he seemed to find it infinitely amusing to tease and flirt with me relentlessly anyways.

So rather early in my Hellsing Jump I learned that if I kept Girly-card entertained, s/he was much less interested in falling back to the teasing and flirting. I basically started unloading things from my Warehouse and tossing it in his/her general direction. Unfortunately, my rather substantial anime and video game collection was included in this.

S/He found the idea of "fan-service" to be an amusing one. Do I really have to say more? Please don't make me say more. Girly-card spent the rest of the Jump dressing up as various anime characters and playing DDR. In my bedroom. No matter /which/ bedroom I was in at the time. I have no idea how s/he broke into the Warehouse, but s/he did.
>>
>>48110331
Anon I have only one other question.
Abridged or Regular
>>
>>48110237
>>48110253
>>48110045

There was an incident with a Slaanesh cultist okay? I don't want to talk about it too much but needless to say I was a little to trusting of the Imperial citizenry back then

>>48110262
But that's not my reasoning. I can see how you might get that's not it.

My reasoning is the fact that it's effort. I'll need to fit it in somewhere, balance it and write some text to it. Put simply, I don't wanna.

>>48110261
Received. I'll look in to it more when I get the chance, but what I skimmed seems pretty good. I'll try and implement it as best I can. Thanks anon.
>>
>>48110331
Yes you do have to say more because I am surprised she isn't teased you for having such things.
At least she didn't cosplay.
It's like I'm wearing Nothing at all. Nothing at all. NOTHING AT ALL!
>>
File: 1330662521316.jpg (321KB, 826x1169px) Image search: [Google]
1330662521316.jpg
321KB, 826x1169px
>>48110241
Enduring an insult doesn't change that you were being an asshole and insulting everyone, you mong.
>>
>>48110359
>Thanks anon.
Happy to help Strike-chan, good luck!
>>
>>48110376
Anon, at this point we all might as well just drop it. Even Red's stopped long ago, and I'm pretty sure she was screaming and tearing her hair out behind the keyboard.
>>
>>48110387
Please don't use my posts to launch into your idiotic grudge. Even my salty ones.
>>
>>48107999
No one seems to have mentioned it, but Xelor from Wakfu. Time powers out the ass, that get stronger as you practice with them. With the only limitation being "you can't turn back time".

>>48108707
Sorry but no.

>>48110045
Well there was that one time I handed Kerrigan Geneforge magic/science

>>48110223
This feels like a Yandere build.
>>
>>48110403
It's not a grudge, anon. I'm just saying we're wasting posts now, there's no point to continuing.
>>
>>48110359
Weren't you planning on buffing the evil pieces, by giving them cp to allocate towards perks in addition to Sacred Gears?
>>
>>48110359
Can you stop fetish posting with your fuckface friends?
>>
File: 1438932644167.gif (3MB, 492x283px) Image search: [Google]
1438932644167.gif
3MB, 492x283px
>>48110406
>Kerrigan Geneforge
YOU FOOL
>>
>>48110414
Dunno man, it's about time for the autosage shitstorm.
>>
>>48109810
One of my Nechronica sisters is a holic/gothic doll named Alice, M. She /liked/ being an undead monster. Not even ice-queen sniper Ingrid Von X actually liked being undead (Ingrid just found it convenient not having to account for her breathing or heartbeats when firing at long range).
She's not that powerful in the great scheme of things (all my companions have the standard nanite suite), but in a "regular humans doing regular things" jump she's a walking horror movie, and sometimes it amuses me to let her out. She was a fantastic terror weapon in C&C. Dropping her in a building or enclosed space with a bunch of joes is basically a guarantee to smear them evenly across the available surface area.

>>48109999
quad 9's confirm over the shoulder HMGs are fail.
>>
File: 4143b5e63ec3bd20f67bf9e29c8f945d.png (410KB, 717x1008px) Image search: [Google]
4143b5e63ec3bd20f67bf9e29c8f945d.png
410KB, 717x1008px
>>48110348
Regular. I didn't even know there was an abridged version. Why?

>>48110374
Stop making me remember! S/He /did/ cosplay! S/He even went out of missions in costumes after s/he reached the magical girls portion of my collection. At least Walter refused to build him/her a gun-wand.

As for the collection teasing, I think I was only saved from that because s/he had no idea such things existed before I showed them to him/her.

My Companions /still/ laugh about the whole "relationship". Especially because I was literally forced to call him/her Master all the time.
>>
>>48110442
Yeah but I kind of want to go without one this thread, and it's pretty blatant no one's changing their mind.

We can rise above it. Right? ...right?
>>
>>48110458
>Didn't know there was an abridged version.
Oh sweet summer child.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuD2ZJ2yOxE
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1578x890px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1578x890px
>>48110425
"No"
>>
>>48110426
Like many of my "mistakes" it all began with one thought.
"I wonder what will happen if I do this"
>>
>>48109810
So you remember the Ice Mammoth from Age of Ice? And that Samurai Jack perk that allows you to steal the souls of those you kill in combat in order to summon them?
Oh man, you should have seen the look on everyone in Vale's faces when I unleashed that thing.
>>
>>48110376
I'm Australian

>>48110380
>I really do appreciate the effort even if I show a strange way of appreciating it.

Constructive criticism is the best criticism anon

>>48110418
Pawns specifically. And that was rather contingent on me making a sacred gear generator table, which proved to be too much of a headache.

Upon consideration I think the trade off between having 7 additional companions and stacking the pawn CP is a fair one and really depends on how the jumper utilities their companions.

>>48110425
It's a joke
I had magic to fix it
come on anon, lighten up
>>
File: #....png (657KB, 1899x923px) Image search: [Google]
#....png
657KB, 1899x923px
>>48110045
A Mental Model who didn't know that she was feeling jealous of her companion's ability to naturally feel emotions. A KanMusume who had not actually dealt with her feeling over sinking her sister. A Succubus who left her children behind on her world at a whim. A Sekirei who starting to get angry at everyone's lack of love for each other.

A Jump into Kingdom Hearts with the Castle Oblivion and Part of a Whole, with this case turning out to be a Nobody, Drawbacks.

I came so close to losing everyone to their Darkness, it was only because of my experience in Persona that helped me save them. But it was so very close. So fucking close.
>>
File: ded.jpg (110KB, 576x749px) Image search: [Google]
ded.jpg
110KB, 576x749px
>>48110469
>We can rise above it. Right?
Here's hoping.
>>
>>48110261
Fanboys for shitty anime are really vexing.
>>
>>48110359
Slaanesh just hands that one out like candy. . .
>>
>>48110561
The anime was nothing special, the Light Novel however, I love to bits.

But hey that's just me.
>>
>>48110587
Same difference.
>>
>>48110483
Oh my god, this is giving me Vietnam-level flashbacks!

... I guess I was sent to the Abridged universe after all. Well, that certainly explains a lot of things.
>>
>>48110406
>This feels like a Yandere build.
Is it still a Yandere build if they don't want to kill me, and have accepted that there will be other members of my harem? Even if they reserve the right to deny new members entry.
>>
The recent discussion of the Terra Formars jump has gotten me reading it and raised a few questions. . . .

Why is it that every chapter of Terra Formars ends with a picture of Michelle in doing weird shit?
>>
File: 1421443607993.jpg (22KB, 324x379px) Image search: [Google]
1421443607993.jpg
22KB, 324x379px
>>48110594
I never knew that an adaptation would ever be the same as the source material! Thank you for showing me the light!

I shall repay you by not sullying your obviously enlightened self with anymore replies, after all, one such as yourself has many more blinded folk such as myself to enlighten!
>>
>>48110654
Yandere don't always try to kill the object of their affection. It's a common misunderstanding.
Sometimes they just try to kill "competitors" or "remove obstacles".
"Tamer" Yandere are typically just really clingy stalkers.
>>
>>48110587
How different is the light novel from the anime? Someone mentioned before that there could be separate Highschool DxD jumps for the anime and light novels. Is that actually true?
>>
So what did you guys do in Mass Effect?
>>
For someone who's never actually watched fairy tail why is Natsu so strong? I mean yea main character shit, but how is his, what I assume to be fire magic, able to compete with S ranked spells and stuff?
>>
>>48110655
I think that is fan art, having her do lewd shit with the johj is weird as fuck though.
>>
>>48110654
>>48110730
Sounds more like a battle harem.
>>
>>48110667
I mean it's the same difference whether you're the fanboy of a shitty anime or a shitty light novel. Dumbass.
>>
>>48110731
Character assassinations, important events getting glossed over (I will forever be salty that the anime did not depict Saji BAMF moment beating Issei in a ratings game), random ass events and shit. Basically the same shit that happens with every adaptation is all.
>>
>>48110781
>>48110655
They include fanart in the official release?
>>
>>48110761
die
>>
>>48110731
It's not different enough for a separate jump. The problem with the anime, until the third season, is the same as a lot of VN adaptations.

The novel is first person from Issei's perspective, so you hear a lot more of his thoughts than in the anime, which makes him come off as shallow.

And this >>48110795 is all form the third season, which has other problems as well.
>>
>>48110772
As a Dragon Slayer, Natsu's flames actually ranks that high when he really gets going. That is literal dragon magic he's using.
>>
>>48110761
I formed a Merc group from me and my imported companions, all of whom are different Species.
Due to Drawback we were tied to Shepard, which I fluffed as being hired to back him up.

>>48110772
Natsu is actually a demon made by Zeref for the purposes of killing him, since Zeref wants to die.

>>48110783
With the amount of cockblocking he implied? It's gonna make Yandere
>>
>>48110796
There are fan translations that are normally way ahead of the official release, apparently this one has fan art of a character getting raped by johj at the end of each chapter.
>>
>>48110772
Massive spoilers for anyone who cares:

He's actually the dead brother of Zeref, who was revived and given an immortal demon body, then adopted by Zeref's friend, the Fire Dragon King, Igneel. Igneel taught him Dragon Slayer Magic, which is a powerful S-Class magic that slowly transforms its user into a dragon, which are absurdly powerful in the context of Fairy Tail, and nigh-invincible unless you use DS magic.

Natsu was given "antibodies" that stop him from transforming into a dragon, but he still has enormous power.
>>
>>48110761
I played it straight through the events of ME1, but as the plot became increasingly derp I hammed it up more and more. My penultimate bullshittery was cruising in with the Light of Terra, spouting out inspirational shit BRIAN BLESSED style, and space pirating away the shitty ending of the 3rd game.

I made sure to use my Jojo posing skills and Ouran HS bishi sparkles and cherry blossoms with reckless abandon whenever I had to address the Reapers.
>>
>>48110761
Pretend to be an alien species from another galaxy come to visit, which was technically true.

Standing at the head of a Vasari fleet really sold it though. The Vasari and Asari name similarity caused some confusion though.
>>
>>48110835
>With the amount of cockblocking he implied? It's gonna make Yandere
Wouldn't it be more clamjamming than cockblocking?
>>
>>48110849
>>48110835
>>48110826
Ah ok thanks, also how hard would it be to learn more S class spells? Not just them I want most spells on that damned list but the cp cost is just killing me. Or would you guys recommend taking Lacrima and just learning spells there? I've got the perks to learn rather quickly, Dark Wisdom too although I'd rather just learn the magic system of Fairly tail. It's better to have more systems than just use a single one.
>>
>>48110887
Same difference.
>>
>>48110899
Any Magic can be Learned or Acquired with the exception of Dragon Slayer magics, since those require the very rare Lacrimas or to be taught from childhood.

But the more Magics you use, the more it strains you apparently. Which is why most people use one or two magics and polish them to perfection.
>>
>>48110922
>But the more Magics you use, the more it strains you apparently
Nothing in canon to suggest that.
>>
>>48110761
Took over as the Shadow Broker with Hyuuga's help and proceeded to finance an arms race within the galaxy while setting up Miranda Lawson as the next Illusive Man and training Liara to take over the new Shadow Broker network.

Hyuuga was busy building a starship version of the Fleet of Fog to combat the coming Reapers.

I also fucked around with Shep, calling him every so often to remind him to have Tactical Camreas playing with each mission, and manipulated the Council to attach full-fledged SPECTRE to travel with Shep.

So yeah, had fun.
>>
>>48110922
Yea but how hard are they to learn, I've only got 10 years mind.
>>
>>48110899
>I've got the perks to learn rather quickly

Then just steal/buy a whole bunch of books on magic and learn them at your leisure. Even God Slaying Magic and Arc of Time where learned by people reading books on them.
>>
File: 1367891355932.png (114KB, 482x303px) Image search: [Google]
1367891355932.png
114KB, 482x303px
>>48110761
(Mass Effect)
-Race: Human (Free) -Leeeet's keep the alt-forms down. We know the drill by now. Less complication the better.
-Background: Merchant (800CP) -ALL THE MERCH MERCH. I shall trade the Merch, sell the Merch, and become a battlefield merchant.
-Finesse (500CP) -Better reflexes! Nice to move around and dodge shit. Stack it all on!
-Close the Distance (200CP) -I am a humble merchant. Only I'm not humble. Fuck with my wares at your own risk.
-Not a Stupid Grunt (-100CP) -Not only am I a merchant, but I am an engineer as well! Hell, I could INVENT my own stuff.
-Tactical Readiness (-400CP) -Not every battle has a good cost. Sometimes it pays to skedaddle, and I know how!
-Loadout (Free) -Basic armor with kinetic barrier, and an Omni-tool. That's cool. Gotta start somewhere.
-50k Extra Credits (Free) -HELLO. I've got some nice starting cash right here. Time to set up shop!
-Elite Ordnance (Merchant Free) -STOCKPILE OF WEAPONS. Ooooh I'm gonna have fun with you.
-Weapons Locker (Merchant Free) -MORE WEAPONS. I'm gonna experiment like crazy with this.
-Armor Locker (Merchant Free) -Experimentation? Don't mind if I do. Oh this will be a dream come true for me.
-Shepard's Flock (-300CP)
-No Takers (0CP)
Dice Rolls: Thessia, 22 years old
-End Choice: Next Adventure

I basically just said "Fuck it, follow along" and rode that plot train all the way to the end while using their bullshit to collect a bunch of cash for the group and resource samples. Tried to set shit up to get the green ending, because why not. Being able to sufficiently mix biology and technology on such a level sounds kind of really fun, plus this way I'd get to collect all kinds of knowledge from the Reapers at the end.

But all in all? I was just the person who made sure the Normandy was well-equipped.
>>
>>48110848
That's fucking weird.
>>
>>48110947
A number of characters were shown using Magic as children, hell Erza used her magic on fucking Instinct with no formal tutoring.

Magic doesn't seem hard to learn, some of it is just obscure or lost.

>>48110941
Really? I would swear.
>>
>>48110922
Why can't you learn DS magic?
>>
>>48111057
Because it's the one type of magic that is partially an innate skill rather than a learned one.
>>
>>48111057
You need to be infused with dragon semen to learn it.
>>
>>48111086
Spyroanon must be a master of it then.
>>
>>48111057
>>48111057
I explained it in my post.
It requires to be taught from a young age, every single Dragon Slayer we've seen or heard of was raised by their Dragon as a parent, and there is other weird shit going on with DS magic.

Honestly? Of the Slayer magics, God Slayer seems the safest to use.
>>
>>48110761
I spent the jump building genocidal robot armies. Just so that when the Catalyst gave its stupid "No, this is totally justified or else robots will eventually kill you all" speech it actually made even a tiny bit of sense.
>>
>>48110761
You know how the biggest, baddest ship in universe clocks in at just under 2km in length?

Yeah, I brought in thirteen ships that were twenty five percent bigger. Plus associated support fleets and escorts.

Civilization was a busy time for me.
>>
>>48111105
So because all DS users shown started learning from a young age you cannot learn it if you aren't just as young? Despite the fact that the magic was originally taught to human soldiers to fight back against tyrannical dragons?
>>
>>48110951
Did you modify it so that Synthesis could be rejected? Because a big problem I had with the green ending was that there was no element of consent. Every life form in the galaxy becomes a biomechanoid whether they want to or not. It feels wrong to just force that on everyone. Adding an opt-out program would go a long way towards making it feel like the "best ending" that it's supposed to be.
>>
>>48110655
The translators I believe got that from a really fucked up doujin. It isn't official or anything, I know what your talking about, the team of translators just do that for the lols.
>>
File: 1245032873209.jpg (99KB, 452x308px) Image search: [Google]
1245032873209.jpg
99KB, 452x308px
>>48111174
This was like... in my late 30s in the chain, anon. I don't think there was any possible way I could have modified the Catalyst's technology, especially at that stage. Best thing I could do is encourage Shepard that co-existence on some level was preferable to outright destruction and hope for the best.

Notice I said "tried" to push him to the green ending. For all I know he went blue. I never really fleshed out that ending, I wasn't sure how it might go down. All I know is "Red bad. Red fucks it all up. Do not pick the Red option."
>>
File: Space nuns.jpg (35KB, 564x329px) Image search: [Google]
Space nuns.jpg
35KB, 564x329px
>>48110761
Studied the Reapers, and learned how to make more using my ACU. Also took a look into the Mass Relay's and how they work. Learning about the structure of Eezo was also a high point. Oh I scared the absolute shit outta them too. Dropping in beside that small ass citadel with a version of the Ark from Halo that's loaded with 40k weapons and such. Didn't help that the second I got in system I began scanning the citadel and raised my shields. Just jumper out after I got the blueprints for it, they couldn't hail me anyway.
>>
>>48111232
I had assumed as such but wasn't sure, because you know. . . Japan. . .
>>
>>48111250
ACU capture beam on a reaper done with a Tree Ship/LoT ACU, you could mass produce them at will. . .
>>
>>48111245
I violently disagree, but we're all entitled to our opinions.
>>
File: Everythings Alright.png (150KB, 677x439px) Image search: [Google]
Everythings Alright.png
150KB, 677x439px
>>48110045
I introduced myself to Black Bullet as an initiator. Then the location roll landed on Cairo, and shortly thereafter the memories kicked in. On jump 12. Pic related.

>>48110761
I was never interested in the series and have never looked at the jump. If I ever went there it would likely be me just leaving and exploring space while taking care of projects that stacked up.

>>48110731
This guy has the right of it >>48110795 with characters being more than cardboard cut outs of genitals and breasts. World building, character building, character arcs, items, powers, places, plot arcs, and various mythological figures. They cut out most of it in the anime, glossed over what was left with fanservice, and then we got a jump of the result. When I get the time I'm considering just writing my own jump and using it after going over the novels once more and taking notes.
>>
>>48111251
You know, I honestly thought there was gonna be some weird Johj on human woman shit in the manga. This is because Johj are said to always target the woman first, and likewise capture them, but thank fucking god the creator goes on and says the Johj attack the woman first because "They seem weaker" and not "because they got the ass the Johj want".

Still fucked up I guess.
>>
>>48111282
Kinda what I did. Still haven't really used them yet, any suggestions what they would be useful for?
>>
>>48111329
Well the obvious answer is the killing of all life in a galaxy, perhaps a particularly horrible one like 40K. . .
>>
>>48110761
Killed the Illusive Man and the Shadow Broker and took over as both.

Joined Shepard's adventures once both positions were secure and I had people in place who could handle both jobs and once I had the Mars schematics which they started working on right away. Curbed some of the excesses of both groups, sorted out the whole "Reaper" problem mostly by following the plot of the first two games and then commandeering the Citadel the moment they turn up out of dark space. Went Synthesis ending as I had a lot of 'but how does it work!?' questions that needed answers.

Made Miranda and Jack work together as a sort of odd-couple buddy cop thing for giggles.
>>
>>48110761
Joined Shepard on her quest, waifued everyone who is not both nailed down and on fire, and then introduced the reapers to my penis The Light of Terra.
>>
>>48110761
I decided to do an experiment to answer the question: how do Reapers do against an entire Lantern Corps?

Turns out they don't.
>>
>>48111486
God, Shepard would make a GREAT Green or Blue Lantern.
>>
>>48111486
How did you bring your own Corps?
>>
>>48110835
>>48110876
>>48110881
>>48110951
>>48111136
>>48111382
>>48111465
>>48111486

Yo, hold up a mo'.

Am I the only guy >>48110943 who went full subtle until the start of the invasion?
>>
>>48111547
Why be subtle when you can roll the reapers and then conquer the galaxy for yourself?
>>
File: shepard-headbutts-a-krogan-o.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
shepard-headbutts-a-krogan-o.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>48111516
Or a Red one, for that matter.
>>
>>48111579
>Why be subtle when you can roll the reapers and then conquer the galaxy for yourself?
The paperwork that follows?
>>
>>48111486
I have the ship from GLTAS with a central power battery and can mass-produce Lanterns tied to it. I'll have to rig up something post-spark so every jump can keep their Corps, but this works for now.
>>
>>48111547
I took the Drawback that made me part of Shepard's Crew. I couldn't do Subtle on that level. I might, MIGHT, have unleash the Zerg on the galaxy for the purposes of killing the Reapers.

>>48111585
Shepard is just a good Lantern candidate over all.
>>
>>48111613
Meant to quote: >>48111542
>>
>>48111325
Well, the Johj do have creepy rape-caves. But they're not doing the rape, themselves.
>>
>>48111612
Paperwork is for suckers who need things like promotion, pay, and a retirement. A jumper is in a unique position to give negative fucks about those things in universe.
>>
>>48111486
How did you get an entire Corps? I must Know, I must replicate! Did you just Cheat Mode your rings and lantern battery?
>>
File: 1422385497998.jpg (32KB, 353x475px) Image search: [Google]
1422385497998.jpg
32KB, 353x475px
>>48111621
>I took the Drawback that made me part of Shepard's Crew. I couldn't do Subtle on that level. I might, MIGHT, have unleash the Zerg on the galaxy for the purposes of killing the Reapers.
>>
>>48111516
And yet all the fanfics I can find of that concept are TERRIBLE. You'd think someone would have done a good Lantern Shepard fic.
>>
>>48111621
Yandere Star Sapphire Shepard?
>>
>>48111672
This looks like a Job for the Blue Feather!
>>
>>48111672
Violet Lantern Renegade Shepard punches you until you love her.
>>
>>48111651
Eventually, as much as you delegate all the things, there'll be an avalanche of forms that need your approval. In triplicate. With fine print.

This is inevitable.
>>
>>48111317
Destruction is the only true ending, I agree.
>>
>>48111547
>>48111136 here,
I went under the radar at first. Actually, I followed pretty close to canon excepting saving both shitheels on Virmire and putting a bunch of people in stasis when the Normandy was attacked by the Collectors.
It wasn't until Earf was invaded that I went full ROBOT FIGHTIN' TIME.
Granted, it wasn't a cakewalk, but there also wasn't a sense of "If I fuck up, the galaxy is doomed" either
>>
>>48111703
She prefers to call herself the "Violent Lantern".
>>
>>48111652
>How did you get an entire Corps? I must Know, I must replicate! Did you just Cheat Mode your rings and lantern battery?

I Did it by importing the shard as an ACU and took the Alpha lantern blueprints, since the ACU import grants all of the tech involved in making it and the shard has a main battery you can just scan the elf went in blueprints and print out as many lanterns as you like
>>
>>48111653
What?

>>48111669
It's a damn shame. I've seen great fanfics about stupid fucking concepts, and yet so many great concepts only have terrible fanfics.

>>48111672
>>48111703
I could see it.

>>48111719
You're god damn right.
Mind you, I don't give a fuck about the "canon" endings in my Jump. Zerg ate the fucking Reapers, Shepard didn't have to use a pretty light.
>>
>>48111729
>closeenough.jpg
Finally, someone who knows subtlety!
>>
>>48111774
>Geth genocide
>Justice
Pick one and only one.
>>
>>48111794
Half the Geth wanted to ally with the Reapers and the other half aren't worth sacrificing literally everyone elses free will.
>>
>>48111774
>What?
You substituted a bio-mechanical genocide fleet for a biological genocide fleet. That evolves. In a galaxy with Tuchanka and the Leviathan.

Do you have any idea what you just did?
>>
>>48111547
I was subtleish. I mean the galaxy at large wouldn't have really noticed the difference between what it was like immediately before and after I'd taken over as Shadow Broker and Illusive Man.

Main difference was that there were a lot fewer casualties when the invasion actually happened as they were expected and there wasn't nearly as much infighting.
>>
>>48111823
Control lets you become machine god, and lets all the good guys, such as they are, live.
>>
>>48111823
And the ones keeping the Quarians alive?
>>
>>48111794
I never said it was Justice. I said it was the right option.
The Reapers love their god damn Traps. Control and Fusion strike me as Traps.
Destruction is the best option of the three.

But I made a fourth option in-jump, because the Reapers can go to hell.

>>48111830
I have Sarah Kerrigan, and I'm not exactly a weak Psionic myself when it comes to the Zerg. We had them kill themselves off once the Reapers were dead.
>>
>>48111851
Yeah, because uploading your brain into the Reaper hivemind definitely won't harm your sense of self. I don't trust that ending. Everyone else who's ever fused with the Reapers has had their brain horribly warped. Why would that change now?
>>
>>48111867
As a side note, Avacyn Tier angel. How much help do you think they would be in ME?
>>
>>48111857
>The other half
>>
>>48111867
>I said it was the right option.

Yeah but it's pretty objectively not. Stupid as it is 'everyone is robots now' heralds a new age of peace between synthetic-organics and organic-synthetics.
>>
>>48111916
Depends.

Do you see magic as just another energy source, as in magic blasts are equivalent to phasers, lasers and the like? Then it'd be just as effective as those.

If you see magical energy as something that is, in some degree, separate and distinct from energy as experienced in a science-only universe then it'd probably be incredibly effective, as there isn't a counter to it.
>>
>>48111916
Able to punch out/smite pretty much everything on ground/air missions, and granting out divine magic might help a bit too.

But probably useless in space. They'd probably be able to fly there, but they're too slow to do anything to Reaper/other ships.
>>
>>48111999
Best ending to Mass Effect is obliterating the reapers with out of context bullshit, the only way to make it better is to Shep, Tali, and Liara.
>>
>>48111999
And I think it's a Trap by the Reapers. I'm sorry but it's just what I think.

But this anon is correct >>48112068

Kill the Reapers with Out of Context things, and don't worry about the "canon" ending shit.
Because ALL of the "canon" endings are stupid
>>
>>48112092
>Kill the Reapers with Out of Context things, and don't worry about the "canon" ending shit.
Yes.

>Because ALL of the "canon" endings are stupid
Triple yes. Holy shit those were horrible.
>>
>>48112092
After all the war with the reapers is after all just an unnecessary distraction from potential waifus, like all things that distract from waifues they should just be eradicated immediately so that waifus can be pursued.
>>
>>48112092
>And I think it's a Trap by the Reapers.

But it's canonically not a trap.

Doesn't really make any difference that the canon is stupid.
>>
>>48111999
>Violating everyone's free will.
>>
>>48112126
It's been years and I'm still mad about those endings.

>>48112148
I would have grabbed a Waifu, Tali, but Tali is for Shepard. I won't get in the way of that.
>>
>>48112155
>it's canonically not a trap
All that means is that it's a double trap.
>>
>>48112148
Meh.

>ME waifus
Meh.

I'm there to do the Space Opera correctly, damn the plot.
>>
>>48112164
They all have free will they just also have bleep bloop robot thoughts on to of their regular ones.
>>
>>48112168
>Not shipping Shepard and Liara so you can have Tali to yourself.
Not deserving of space gypsy puss/10
>>
>>48112168
Not grabbing both Tali and Shepard. . .
>>
>>48112180
Turning everyone into a robot without their consent is a violation of free will.
>>
>>48112182
>Not wanting people to be happy regardless of your own hapiness
You are not Justice.

>Not setting it up ti be Shepard/Tali/Liara

>>48112186
I don't like dudes, and I went Male Shepard.
>>
>>48112205
>Not FemShep
Fuck off.
>>
>>48112205
>Male Shepard
Mark Meer was just so flat in his delivery, though. Incredibly uninspiring when compared to Hale.
>>
>>48112224
My default idea of Shepard is male, that's just how it is.

If your default idea of Shepard is female, that's cool.
>>
>Kingdom Hearts Jump
I am *this* close to whoring myself out for more CP.
>>
>>48112277
I've got pictures of Spyro and what he's into if you need them.
>>
>>48112290
Is it scary that I'm actually thinking about it?
>>
>>48112205
How are Shepard/Liara not happy again?
>>
>>48112311
>Hint
He likes Dragons.
>>
>>48112224
>>48112255
I dislike female Shepard but even more than that I hate her fanboys that whine about people liking male Shepard.
>>
>>48112290
>>48112332
Ah, figured out something, not the perfect solution, but it's something.
>>
>>48112339
I'm sorry that I don't share your taste, anon. I'm equally sorry that I had the temerity to express that in your august presence. Please accept this humble offering of dripping sarcasm in lieu of a genuine apology.
>>
>>48112255
I think that was the point. Mark Meer did what he was directed, which was basically a stoic commando. He did a really good Renegade Shepard. Hale did a really good Paragon Shepard.
>>
>>48112376
A stoic commando is good for renegade?
>>
>>48112376
Otherway around fist. Or at least most people consider it the other way around.
Hale did a good Renegade, and Meer did a good Paragon.
>>
>>48112376
I thought his flat delivery worked more for Paragon than for Renegade. Hale's Renegade had just the right amount of snarl to the deliveries to work for me. Her Paragon was a bit too mothery.
>>
File: 1435555762876.jpg (172KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1435555762876.jpg
172KB, 960x1280px
>>48112277
A-anon that won't be needed.
You can work through the pain.
I believe in you!
We'll suffer together anon!
>>
>>48112199
No more than being born is a violation.
>>
Think I rolled Shepard and ended up with a Male Paragon.

Just as well really as Renegade Shepard had serious mental problems. Pretty sure just walking round the Normandy at the very start of the first game if you're a Renegade you go from chewing someone out for not being by the book enough to complaining about having to do things by the book. They just didn't know where they were going with it.

I quite liked male Shep as well. It's like he'd seen so much crazy shit he just didn't care that much anymore.
>>
>>48112428
Yeah anon let me just eliminate your mode of being and shove all these metallic bits into you that fundamentally change who you are. I didn't violate your free will at all!
>>
Reminder that even Paragon Shepard can be fucking terrifying to his enemies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9gLbrRasMU
>>
>>48112423
Beautiful Jump Spyro, been listening to the Orchestral version of Hikari on repeat since I started working on it.
>>
>>48112428
You're not a sapient person when you're born. You are when a wave of magic green science-energy sweeps over you and turns you into a biomechanoid.
>>
>>48112423
Yay, SpyroAnon. Now that you're here, got a question for you.

Was rereading LoSS jump, and was a bit confused about convexity. Jump mentions how convexity can't be mixed with other elements from the jump... but also mentions how convexity is basically metamagic for any purpose.

Could you elaborate on its metamagicness/give examples of that? (My familiarity with the setting is limited)

Thanks.
>>
>>48112478
"What? The Great Commander Shepard pleading for his life?"

"I'm pleading for *yours*."
>>
>>48112449
>>48112499
Are you magically not the same person just because you have robot bits in you now? I'm not really seeing a difference between that and normal biological replacement of parts.
>>
>>48112535
I could make that argument. That's something philosophers bitch about all the time.

But instead I'll focus on that what you are has changed. Something about you has been altered by another person's will. It's like waking up and finding out you've been given sexual reassignment surgery.
>>
>>48112535
It's not that you're not the same person, it's that you're having a major life change forced upon you. I'm all for people choosing to become cyborgs. That's great. But you can't implant cybernetics without consent.
>>
>>48112423
If you're answering >>48112507, would you mind elaborating on how magic sustenance works? You can survive off of magic, but mechanically how would that play out? Could you nom a magic beam shot your way, for instance? Eat a magic barrier?

Just curious how that works.
>>
>>48112574
Even if you're saving their lives? It's like putting somebody on an iron lung while they're in a coma. They didn't choose it for themselves, but I think they'd want to choose to live.
>>
>>48112633
The problem with that, is that Shepard was given the choice to make them that way. He had other color-coded options to pick.
>>
>>48112633
Yes, but the Synthesis option wasn't done to save their lives.
>>
File: ABSOLUTLEY LIVID..jpg (232KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
ABSOLUTLEY LIVID..jpg
232KB, 1440x900px
>>48112644
All of which sucked. Because the endings are terrible and Mass Effect 3 is wasted potential and the Star Child is fucking stupid AND HIS ARGUMENT MADE NO GOD DAMN SENSE CONSIDERING WE CAN MAKE PEACE BETWEEN THE THE GETH AND THE QUARIANS AND HE'S CREATING SYNTHETICS TO KILL ORGANICS TO STOP THEM FROM MAKING SYNTHETICS THAT WILL KILL ORGANICS AND-
>>
>>48112677
What was the point of Synthesis if not to save everyone?
>>
>>48112744
Control.
>>
>>48112758
I thought the blue option was that.
>>
>>48112744
Bad writing? Seriously, I'm not sure if Synthesis had a point at all.
>>
>>48112423
Oh, Spyro? Quick question about KH and Drive Clothes.

Could I select the barrier-jacket my Device creates? If so, how does that affect my Device's Intelligence who is herself a companion?
>>
>>48112770
The Blue is YOU control (though with Reaper mind fuckery I really doubt that), green is control overall, imagine those green thing are mini Reaper and together with their history of mind fuckery, it doesn't paint a pretty picture.
Red is just being Fuck You kind of thing, doesn't really solve the problem if there are more Reaper in dark space, who knows?
>>
>>48112715
His argument made a bit more sense in the original script. Originally they were ripping off the Inhibitor Wolves from Revelation Space and having the Reapers uploading everyone so that they could survive a cosmological catastrophe that was coming. Then that plot point got leaked and they changed the script out of pique. It still wouldn't have been that great a twist, though. For one thing, it doesn't excuse the Reapers' tendency to make things as horrifying and cruel as possible for their victims. For another, the cosmological catastrophe was caused by overuse of dark energy (there are some hints of that in ME2), and the Reapers encouraged the proliferation of technology based on dark energy. So yeah, still kind of dumb.
>>
>>48112744

Oh I know I know.

It's to get the chance to laugh at the Star Child's stupidity when it's belief that this will create peace fails horribly.

Like seriously it's whole 'organics and synthetics can't get along' kind of misses that biological life can't get along with biological life.

>>48112778

The Catalyst is a moron that seems to think that the two methods of keeping organic life from being killed by machines are 'Make giant fused cyborgs to kill them and to make more giant fused cyborgs' and 'let's make the organics part machine and the machines part organic'.

Did I mention that The Catalyst is a moron?

Like seriously it actually almost hits the 'beyond your comprehension' eldritch horror idea. Mostly by being incomprehensibly stupid.
>>
>>48111999
What gives you the right to violate every living being in existence?

Is it okay to rape everyone in the world to aave half a million?
>>
>>48112868
EDI would die too, she is more important than the freedom of others.
>>
>>48112855
That does make more sense. Still stupid, but less so.
>>
>>48112868
Depends on which half million.
>>
>>48112868
That depends, do the people I like fall into that half million?
>>
>>48112936
Do you like EDI?
>>
>>48112855
>Changing your plot because of a script leak
A shit.
>>
>>48112868
Not everything is rape anon.
>>
>>48112909
Goddammit. That's a valid point.
>>
>>48112962
She's okay.
>>
>>48112982
I know right, if only she wasn't with Joker. . .
>>
>>48112855
>>48112967
>>Changing your plot because of a script leak
>A shit.
The plot was changed because the head writer was fired / quit in the middle of ME2. After he left is when the original script was leaked.
>>
File: 1401736678164.gif (334KB, 293x181px) Image search: [Google]
1401736678164.gif
334KB, 293x181px
>>48112507
Convexity was really weird. It had lots of strange properties very unlike other forms of magic. It was never combined with any other element. And it was immune to all other elemental attacks when used as a shield. When saturated in the stuff you gain immense power, speed, magic resistance and durability. It VAPORIZES things unlike other elements which aren't nearly powerful enough to do so. And is used to seal away things...bad things.

And uhh looking through the wiki again to confirm my memory of the games events to see its achievements. It..changed somehow to this stuff about Aether. I'm going to have to re-evaluate the jump if THE LEAD CONCEPT ARTIST is revealing stuff about the games and its cut lore. So expect a re-do of the magic and possible lore of the setting if it deviates too much. Unless you don't want me too. Because none of it really made it to the official release of the game.

>>48112575
Magical sustenance at a high enough level [aka size] could let you eat magic straight from an attack. But mostly it's an ambient magic thing.

>>48112815
Well the drives merely change the style of the cloths and give new powers so yeah you can. Probably wouldn't effect her personality...unless you think it would add a nice silly quirk to the powers effects.
>>
>>48112914
>>48112936
You know, I was about to say a violent terrorist organization, but I had forgotten right now that the Very were actions of in the right, seeing as the Quarians created them as a slave race and then tried to kill them when they developed sentience. Goddammit.

Obviously the real solution is to go back in time and kill the Quarians responsible for it.

>>48112977
I know it sounds clichéd, but it was the easiest real-life parallel.

Personally, I wouldn't mind being a cyborg, myself. (Wouldn't exactly be thrilled about being connected to the fucking Reapers, but eh.) But I strongly believe it's wrong to force that upon countless trillions of living beings in the universe.
>>
How did Joker even get past basic?
>>
>>48113089
Hey Many, would you consider raising the softcap on Speedster?
>>
>>48110121
101 Master of Magic
High Elves
DropIn
The Weight of the Years, Place of Power, Channeler -200,
DoubleUp!(Randi[Alorra the Elven Archer, High Elf, Ranged Attackx8, Blademaster, Caster, Forester, Agility, Sage, Lucky, Charmed, Resist Magic, Flight, light-brown horse], Heather Poe[Aerie the Illusionist, 3xCaster, Illusion, Missile Immunity, Psionic Blast, Vertigo, Mind Storm, small snake familiar, light-brown horse], Elodie[Elana the Priestess, Arcane Power, Prayermaster, Charmed, Noble, Caster, Healer, Purify, Dispel Evil, Healing, Prayer, Holy Word, light-grey horse])-300, Heroes? We Don’t Need No Stinkin’ Heroes!(Everyone else),
Runic Aid, Artificer -100, Alchemy -100, MagicForged Arms -100, I Am The Fortress -200, Runemaster -300,
Is it Crowded in Here +100, A Worthy Challenge +200,
Right, first things first: locate, infiltrate, counquer, and loot each and every Lair, Cave, Keep, Ancient Temple, Fallen Temple, Ruins, Dungeon, and Tower of Wizardry.
Cont.
>>
>>48113089
He was an incredible pilot so they just let him through out of necessity.
>>
>>48113070
Well the drives merely change the style of the cloths and give new powers so yeah you can. Probably wouldn't effect her personality...unless you think it would add a nice silly quirk to the powers effects.
Sweet, thanks for the idea.

Got another question I just remembered, could I take Part of a Whole twice?
>>
Rolled 3 (1d8)

>>48113131
Then, attempt to diplomacy all the other wizards to get them all to submit quietly to my rule. This actually worked with most of them, leading to exchanges of all of their knowledge and spells in exchange for a portion of mine, they governed their lands for me as my subordinates rather than as sovereigns after that. Sadly, three wizards did not submit and I was forced to kill them and take all of their stuff in addition to taking the rulership of their lands and peoples. After completeing my library(both physical and Index) and conquering/diplomancing the world(a little of column A, a lot of column B). It is time to move on. Sadly, this leads to the loss of the Spell of Mastery(have no real interest in casting it, but I'm a magical magpie damnit I like to know all the things). I do however gain the Amulet of Divinity and 7 additional alt forms(Gnoll, Halfling, High Man, Lizardman, Orc, Draconian, Dwarf), 8 counting the High Elf I started with here. Also, I'm gaining a companion, apparently one of the many heroes I employed(being the best employer on either world) wishes to accompany me, which means that Valana the Bard(Leadership, Caster, Confusion, Vertigo, dark-blond horse) has joined us.
Continue
1 Outlaw Star
2 X-COM
3 Mega Man
4 Gunnerkrigg Court
5 GI Joe
6 Princess Bride
7 Anno 2070
8 Shin Megami Tensei
>>
>>48113129
Was he even here for that whole thing?
>>
>>48113134
He's an incredible pilot who can't survive a single gravity of acceleration.
>>
So is being a blank in the Imperium jump better than being a Solitaire in the Eldar jump? Kinda wanna buy more psyker stuff but I want a version of blank.
>>
>>48113152
Mega Man! I'll be needing a new 3.
>>
>>48113172
Who cares the gravity is controlled artificially.
>>
>>48113089
Diversity hire.
>>
>>48113189
Blame!
>>
>>48113189
Imperium!
>>
>>48113197
Their acceleration compensation isn't that good. The ship still rocks and shakes. He's going to get a lot of cracked bones serving on a combat ship.
>>
>>48113129
Soft Cap Mach 40 is still way higher than what we've seen in the show. The show Flash reaches about Mach 20+ as of Season 2.
>>
File: 1380946772884.png (174KB, 619x647px) Image search: [Google]
1380946772884.png
174KB, 619x647px
>>48113146
If you aren't a heartless, or a Nobody. I don't see why that wouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>48113210
queued
>>48113226
saved
>>
>>48113286
Thanks boss. This now solves one problem.

Time to see if I can kill myself, twice over.
>>
>>48113262
He is asking because someone did the math on Quicksilver in X-Men and he is way faster than people initially thought, a few anons want the X-Men Omega Super Speed power to be boosted to better reflect Quicksilver and some also think that the Speedforce perk would also need to be boosted because reasons.
>>
>>48113336
Plenty of perks in one jump are stronger than similar perks in other jumps. This is a fucking stupid reason to buff a perk.
>>
>>48113336
Actually, gotta ask, could I see the math? I missed that thread.
>>
>>48111644
Wait what?
>>
>>48113392
True, but it does bring to mind that the super speed perks are not actually as powerful as they seem, a lot of the feats that we see and want to emulate are impossible without large combos.
>>
>>48113423
They have creepy caves where they force humans to breed so that they can have infants to experiment on.
>>
>>48113423
Here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwzDfqVcyUU

Mach 2327.
>>
>>48113457
Oops that was for>>48113400.
>>
>>48113434
I'm...not sure if that's any better.
>>
>>48113426
And I'll forever answer this in the only way I know how. Get a super speed perk that aloows you to got at mach speeds, then go to the DC Comics Jump, then run as fast as you can as long as you can then the speed force will help out.

This has happened before, Quicksilver, in a DC/Marvel crossover tapped into the Speedforce when he was in the DC Universe. All speedsters in the DC Comics tap into the Speedforce.
>>
>>48113507
Yes but you wouldn't be able to keep it when you leave.
>>
What's a good regiment to have the Guardsman platoon from the 40k jump be? I was thinking Armageddon 16th Steel Legion but not all that sure.
>>
>>48113530
We had this exact discussion a thread or two ago, either Death Korps of Krieg or the Cadian Shock Troopers.
>>
>>48113426
We've seen Flash save about a dozen people from a collapsing building. We seen him literally use flying debris as stepping stones. Zoom grabbed ahold of a lightning bolt and threw it back.

Plus you get stuff that QS hasn't been shown to do. Which is vibrating your own body, to phase through objects. I'm not sure what to rule about time remnants.
>>
>>48113434
Wh-What? Why? What the hell?
>>
>>48113457
There's also this:
https://youtu.be/L5S5u60eeNg
Sorry about mobile.
>>
>>48113582
Well yes but that comes up to inconsistency, it would require much greater levels of speed then are claimed in the source material to actually pull off those feats. While they could be explained away in the setting as momentarily moving faster do to Adrenalin/focus/X with the mach 40 limit you cannot do any of those things.
>>
>>48113522
So, use SOLU (Kamen Rider Neo-Heisei) to make a Speedforce Switch then, it is a Cosmic Phenomena in the DC Universe so it applies.
>>
Remember what happened the last time you fuckers made a bunch of noise about a particular perk?

Yeah?

Don't you cry, don't you dare, when XMen Movies goes the way of SMT then.
>>
>>48113668
It's a mach 40 softcap so just keep training. It doesn't say you're hardcapped at mach 40 so yes you could possible do those things. "Your speed is soft capped at Mach 40 at which point you find it harder to improve your speed without serious time invested in training."
>>
>>48113707
You know they're gonna bitch, anon.

We always bitch over the smallest shit.
>>
>>48113434

What.The.Fuck?! Jesus, I don't I ever going to catch up in Terra Formars. That shit way too grim dark for me.
>>
>>48113668
Note this is the same setting where they literally have an absolute cold & heat gun, and a gun that turns everything into gold. Also going so fast that you literally cause electricity to happen.
>>
>>48113707
Wait, what? What happened to SMT? I wasn't here for that.
>>
>>48110761
I proliferated non-mass effect based weapons and ships by basically being a friendly alien and buddied it up with Shepard. I went Drop-In, but was a merchant with new and powerful technology that didn't just disbelieve the Reapers. There was a lot of specialized technology made to fight them as well. That it was also applicable to regular combat was more or less why it sold. Shepard got first dibs, because she is my faorite, though.

The Light of Terra was about 60 km long and 12 tall at that point, so I didn't bother to hide it. My companions lived on it as basically kings to the people, and were more than happy to have guests from other cultures and species. They were forbidden citizenship on the grounds that they'd have to be evicted at the end of our stay, but we took DNA samples as payment for the first few years.

I destroyed the Reapers, but saved as many of the Geth as possible. Because one is just artificial life and the other abducted people and smoothied them into a killer monster, while corrupting the Artifical Life.

Humans made it unto the Council, once it was relocated to a safe and friendly moon. The genophage was cured quickly, almost after the reveal of Grunt. Also, lots of Fornax has been gathered, and possibly starred in, by the residents of the ship.

That covers pretty much everything I actually know about the universe, I think. What is a Shadow Broker and Illusive Man?
>>
>>48113773
He made an update out of spite then reminded people that he didn't claim SMT 2. People weren't happy about the update, it basically made it so all the 1000cp races were 1200 and you could only chose 1.
>>
>>48113773
Got nerfed due to anons bitching. No more 1000 point tribrids and a few other things.
>>
>>48113803
It also buffed the shit out of Dormant Power. He, thankfully, came to his senses not long after and dropped the whole update. Certain shitposters bring it up every thread or so to try and start shit.
>>
>>48113755
Indeed, but the fact remains that you cannot preform the feats that Barry has shown at Mach <20 unless you are well past mach 40, and I am talking just speed not the other Speedforce BS that can be hand waived to a certain extent because lolspeedforce.

But on the topic of actually achieving the speeds illustrated in Arrowverse/X-Men. . . are there any good maintainable slow time powers in the chain? Combining super speed with such perks would be a good way to achieve it. Not Lunar Dial because it is kind of unclear what it can really do.
>>
>>48113813
>>48113773
You're not telling the full story. Thread shat on him so badly he reverted the update and relinquished his claim on SMT2. He said he only wants to make joke jumps now.

So we lost content because people overreacted.
>>
>>48113832
I don't remember reading the buff, what did it give?
>>
>>48113838
The time stop from Madoka is pretty amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S09mEDCqSx4
>>
>>48113838
Dishonored can give you a discount Za Warudo that runs off your soul.
>>
>>48113876
>>48113878
While those are both good time powers they aren't maintainable, so they don't really fit with the goal of improving the Super Speed powers to canon levels.
>>
>>48113838
Again, for what feels like the third time in this thread.

Quicksilver Style, DMC.
Magic Works, Bayonetta.

Also, above is a post of Lunar Dial bullshit.
>>
>>48113857
>Of course, there is a catch. Manipulating cosmic energy so finely, becoming God’s Medabot, surviving what amounts to spiritual self-mutilation...that doesn’t come without price. Delving into game terms for a bit, Dormant Power gives you a maximum Level Cap of 99. Each Perk boosted by it removes 22 from that and turns it into raw power upfront. You CAN choose not to boost the effect of a given Perk, but unless the enhanced effect is completely non-combative, this won’t do much good.

^This downside was removed completely, iirc.

>>48113842
>You're not telling the full story. Thread shat on him so badly he reverted the update and relinquished his claim on SMT2. He said he only wants to make joke jumps now.
He made it pretty clear he wasn't interested in SMT2 regardless/before the shit that went down. He said he'd been struggling to get through/enjoy the game.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duMfz2nAyDw

Reminder.

Do we have a DCAU Jump?
>>
>>48113803
>Out of Spite
https://boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/47988216/#47995542
>At no point did I consider that people would purchase multiple of the highest level races, much like I did not consider that Sacrificial Bestowment could be used to acquire powers from others.
No, that was shitposters putting words in his mouth.
>>
File: GDI.jpg (59KB, 900x562px) Image search: [Google]
GDI.jpg
59KB, 900x562px
Command and Conquer: Tiberium

Blue Zone
24 years old
GDI 100
Basic Training 200
Cinematic Upgrade 300
Tactical Genius 500
Commando
Propagandist 900
CYA Artist 1100
Sound Master 1300
GD-2 Rifle
AI Grenades
Scrin Beacon 1000

Think I was part of Nod in an earlier build. Prefer Nod stuff as it's sillier but ah well.

Bought Basic Training as I had 100 CP left over. Doesn't entirely make sense as I'm also a Commando for free so probably also have better training.

Cinematic Upgrade can make anything I do in 30 seconds look ridiculously cool unless I fuck it up. Really like this one. Opens up all sorts of avenues for dramatic entrances.

Took Tactical Genius as I tend to stack these sorts of perks.

Commando does what you'd expect. Pretty odd that it's free for GDI and Nod but it's pretty good.

Propagandist is a pretty powerful perk for getting people to revolt or go to war for you.

CYA Artist means I'm technically a good leader and have the ability to derive ridiculous amounts of information from paperwork.

Sound Master seemed a safer option than any of the Tiberium based stuff so is the main reason I chose GDI over Nod.

Weapons are basic and free.

Scrin Beacon means the Scrin go specifically for me rather than the world as a whole. Luckily you can take out the Scrin by destroying some of their structures. May find and destroy their planet(s) if that doesn't work. That and I'm probably going to want to kill Kane.
>>
Speaking of Arrowverse, can anyone tell me what this means?

"It Was Me Jumper (600cp):..There'll always be at least one Speedster after you for who knows what reason, and they can't be beaten by your out of jump powers and abilities."

Does this mean I can't even use martial skill or intelligence to beat other speedsters? Because that's what I'm getting from "powers and abilities".
>>
>>48113907
... You do know that the Madoka time stop (and Xelor from Wakfu for that matter) stay on for as long as you have the energy to keep them going right?
>>
>>48113929
Spyro is working on one ,he had a WIP
>>
>>48113950
Not the jump version. Jump version of the Madoka time stop is five seconds, apparently.
>>
>>48113950
>Madoka time stop
Didn't that Time Stop have a specific period it could work in?
>>
>>48113838
Look, for Speedster you'll be able to do all the stuff Barry, Zoom, and Reverse Flash do and faster. Even if it's not plausible at the speed given.
>>
>>48113930
>No, that was shitposters putting words in his mouth.

Actually, he said he had been considering it, but that shitposting was the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back".
>>
File: sakuya lady of clocks.jpg (2MB, 1000x1450px) Image search: [Google]
sakuya lady of clocks.jpg
2MB, 1000x1450px
>>48113838
>Not Lunar Dial because it is kind of unclear what it can really do.
Pretty much whatever the fuck you want.

Slowing/stopping time is the main thing. But since it's Sakuya's power, and she can do a ton with it, you can eventually learn to do all that too.

Accelerating time? Check. Aging something years in seconds? Check. Manipulating space? Check. Warping space to be vastly larger than it actually is? Check.

It's also the ultimate speed perk, really. "Infinitely Fast" is greater than "Ludicrously Fast."
>>
>>48113959
>>48113964
>Stop time – 600 points. You can stop time temporarily. Only you and anyone touching you are unaffected.
... No?
>>
>>48113913
Quicksilver style seems to fit but Magic Works has the same issue as stated >>48113907

>>48113950
Not the one you can get.
>>
>>48113942
Don't worry, the drawback's not worth 600 CP - Manyfist basically gamed it himself and when called out on it, nerfed the drawback.

The Speedster will wait until your Speedsterness is particularly speedy before trying to kill you, meaning you can come up with a good enough plan in that time.
>>
>>48113930
>t no point did I consider that people would purchase multiple of the highest level races,
But that's literally the most obvious thing to do, even if youre not just in it for power.
>>
>>48113959
since when?
>>
>>48113985
Yes, and doing a thing you were going to do anyway isn't spite.
>>
>>48113965
So you can save all the people in a collapsing building at mach 40 despite needing to move faster than that to do so?
>>
>>48113930
He was lying. When SMT first came out, people did ask if it was possible to buy more than one 1000 cp race and he said yes. If it was so op, he should have just nipped it in the bud right there and said no instead of waiting four months to troll some random asshole/the entire thread.
>>
>>48113959
Really? Was there a ruling somewhere? Because the perk says:

"600 points. You can stop time temporarily. Only you and anyone touching you are unaffected."
>>
>>48113990
>Magic Works has the same issue
How so? Considering that the Umbra Witches and Lumen Sages can not only instinctively stop or slow down time, but still interact with objects in that state without any form of exhaustion on their part?
>>
>>48113070

Thanks

I'm perfectly happy with it being redone, or not redone, btw. Entirely up to you. Only thing I'd like is that whichever way you go, some additional clarification.

So, based on what you're saying, it's metamagic more in the sense that it's powerful and gives you overall boosts rather than metamagic in the sense of "magic that can be used to modify how other magic works"?

(also... any clue why it's called "convexity"? How it relates to the mathematical concept, if at all?)
>>
>>48113959
That is not what the jump says at all, or even alludes to, so I think you must be confused.
>>
>>48113965
>Zoom
Does he actually use the Speedforce in the show? Comics Zoom just manipulates his personal temporal reference in a sort of reverse time fuckery.
>>
File: 1454905491346.gif (3MB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
1454905491346.gif
3MB, 444x250px
>>48113832
>>48113923
Yeah, but let's be honest here. Dormant Power is completely worthless in its original form. You're basically completely crippling yourself for some minor tricks. No way that'd be fixed now, of course, but still.
>>
>>48113989
>... No?
Well, palm-meet-face it seems that an important aspect / limitation of Homura's Time Manipulation was overlooked.
>>
Question about the Madoka jump, what exactly are the benefits of the "Screw you Kyubey" origin suppose to be? It says you won't become a witch but does that mean you won't die and turn into a witch when you run out of mana or that you will die but just won't leave a witch behind?
>>
>>48114039
>>48114027
>>48114005
>>48113989
...hang on a second. What is-have I finally lost it? I could have SWORN that the jump said it was a five second time stop. A-am I thinking of some other jump? What is going on here?!
>>
>>48114033
>Pause time for up to ten seconds.
>>
File: sakuya picking up her knives.jpg (63KB, 948x690px) Image search: [Google]
sakuya picking up her knives.jpg
63KB, 948x690px
>>48113987
>>48113838
Also, Lunar Dial is pretty long lasting, too.
Sakuya canonically uses it to take the time to pick up all her thrown knives. It's how she has 'infinite' of the damn things, even after spamming them.
Well, that and storing a shitton on her with space-warped pockets.
>>
>>48113787
>What is a Shadow Broker and Illusive Man?
Things best forgotten.
>>
>>48114076
>but in time your powers will grow
>>
File: rrrav.jpg (82KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
rrrav.jpg
82KB, 640x360px
So Jumpers,

How do you celebrate your Independence Day?
>>
>>48113987
>>48114096
I think that's the anon from earlier who doesn't acknowledge what ZUN has said or the official manga.
>>
>>48114071
You don't suffer the despair-soulstone-corruption-Witchiness-conversion at all.
>>
>>48114051
Are you retarded? Dormant Power alone gives you the fighting power of a 1000 cp race. SMTAnon himself said it was the cheapest way to be able to participate in the main plot.
>>
>>48114105
Where did you get that picture of me from delete this.
>>
>>48114105
Popping Trump out of his pod and taking over the world in the name of freedom and burgers.
>>
>>48114105
Sit in a house in Florida with no air conditoning in the middle of summer.
>>
>>48114120
He says that but the perk text says it cripples your power.
>>
>>48114140
No. It says you can take ~1/5 of the power (22 levels out of 99) and get that upfront. It also says that this is optional, and you can apply it (or not) to each individual perk.

Either way, it specifically gives you "the potential of the player characters... although your growth rate is a bit slower"
>>
>>48114076
If all you can do, "all you can do," is move at mach 8, then in 10 seconds you can cover up to 18 miles. Pair that with Conservation of Momentum and that's a shit ton of actions within the confines of a melee environment.
>>
>>48114140
It doesn't cripple you, it can be used as a capstone booster.
So, for example, with the Law capstone, you can choose to use it and become Not Metatron, while in exchange sacrificing the ability to go beyond that. Not using it means you can, eventually, throw down with the likes of Asura, Beelzebub, and the Archangels. Essentially, you're an SMT protagonist, but it takes longer, and requires effort and training rather than "NOW YOU'RE A ANGEL MECHA THING"
>>
Not this SMT shit again.
>>
>>48114226
The Ride Never Ends.
>>
>>48114179
True but the goal of this is to combine a maintainable time slow ability to make up the difference between jumper with Omega Super Speed and Quicksilver.

While Super speed is obviously super broken when combined with any form of time stopping that is not the goal here.

That is a lamp there are no street signs there captcha. . .
>>
>>48114022
Considering that's what he's done in the past.

Jay Garrick Aka Zoom was able to save bunch of people from a collapsing building despite being in STAR labs, which was a considerable distance away.

https://youtu.be/XSUAH1bmtRs

>>48114043
Yes. However thanks to him abusing Velocity 6 he was dying. However because he had the Speedforce and was regenerating he was able to keep from dying like this chick.
https://youtu.be/Zhjp9_4c8To
>>
>>48114226
Eh, more like Jumpers thinking that any power that has them train for its full bullshit is obviously there to nerf them.
>>
>>48114190
>with the Law capstone, you can choose to use it and become Not Metatron, while in exchange sacrificing the ability to go beyond that.
And this isn't crippling you, anon? You agree right there that it lowers your potential.
>>
>>48114261
Speaking of Speedforce can you choose the color of your lightning? Red/Yellow/Blue/etc.
>>
>>48114276
Sure, but in exchange you become Not Metatron, an giant angel mecha that shoots holy laser beams that pierce pretty much every defense in the SMT jump, and you can choose whether to use it or not. It's not required.
>>
>>48114290
>Gettysburg
BAYONETS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL-5uyp44WA
>>
>>48114075
You might be thinking of another jump. A five second time stop sounds familiar from one of the jumps, but I'll be damned if I can remember which one, nor do I particularly care to search for it. Sorry, bud.
>>
>>48114296
Yeah. Anything in the roygbiv spectrum should be fine.
>>
>>48114290
>>48114321
Damn Yankees.
>>
File: image.gif (263KB, 600x304px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
263KB, 600x304px
>>48114105
Like this.
But, you know, with more eagles and shit.
>>
>>48114331
Well then, that's rather embarrassing. Well, thanks for letting me know I'm not totally crazy, anon.
>>
>>48114305
A not-metatron that would be weaker than if you hadn't used the perk.

But using it is meant to be the main feature. It's a capstone booster that weakens you with each use.
>>
>>48114339
Cool. Thanks.
>>
File: Freedom Gun.jpg (149KB, 700x396px) Image search: [Google]
Freedom Gun.jpg
149KB, 700x396px
>>48114105
By using this of course
>>
>>48114037
It originally didn't have much of a name. People just named it Convexity because that's where the energy seems to originate from. "Seem" being the key word here. In the games coding supposedly the name "Aether" was meant to be its true name.

It appears to have a light and a dark side.
Dark unmakes, destroys, and corrupts.
Light restores, repairs, and purifies.

It's, like I suspected before, an underlying force of all dragon magic in the setting. And apparently holds fundamental forces together. It also is the source behind spirit gems. It draws on cosmic and spiritual forces.

"Its strength is equivalent of suns, gravity and the righteous might of passing comets; it is the spiritual matter the very universe is made of and the 'true element' of The Purple Dragon of Legend."

Damn if this is what it really is then I'm going to have to completely rework the jump from the ground up with the new lore in mind. I might also have to bar Convexity as a thing entirely if it's such a powerful fundemental force to the setting...Maybe. I dunno. The fact it says it's Purple dragon exclusive might cause problems. I'm already thinking of a way to fix this without screwing everyone over.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d8)

>>48113131
>>48113152
102 Mega Man
Megamix
Drop-In
Age 21
Mega Man Armor(Self Repair -100, Solar Powered -200, Fieldwork Optimised -200, Buster[Bass Buster -200, Mega Buster -200]), OST,
E-Tank, Proto Shield -200, Beam Saber -400,
They're With Me(Valana the Bard[Doctor, Basic Robotics, Enhanced I.C. Chips])-100,
The Sons of Fate +600,
First things first, I merge my new armor with my custom power armor, and merge the Proto Shield with my custom shield. Hope rides alone, so now I must stand up and fight. Become a beacon of hope. Punch Hitler in the face. I mean Wily. At first I try to be a beacon, fighting in a reasonably up front manner until Wily decides to try and threaten reprisals against the innocent if I do not turn my self in. He makes this threat via live telecast, so I straight up kill him on camera with a sword.(He killed me with a sword Mal). After that, it was a simple matter of reprogramming the remaining robot masters and the world was saved. Then I spent my time inputting data into my ACU cause the tech here while perhaps not the most advanced I've seen is freaking cool.
Continue
1 Outlaw Star
2 X-COM
3 Blame!
4 Gunnerkrigg Court
5 GI Joe
6 Princess Bride
7 Anno 2070
8 Shin Megami Tensei
Imperium queued
>>
>>48114451
That sounds like purple prose. Spyro doesn't have such feats to make it literally as strong as a sun.
>>
File: mcduck.gif (997KB, 400x229px) Image search: [Google]
mcduck.gif
997KB, 400x229px
Can people list any money conversion perks they know of?

Absolutely certain I picked one up early but can't find out where. It's not Monopoly or Tropico.

Been bugging me for days and has provided a constant distraction from getting anything done with the TES gauntlet. Second part of that is going to be a lot longer than I thought it was.
>>
>>48114514
And it was Animal Crossing.

Sorry everybody.
>>
>>48114455
Shin Megami Tensei. This one might take a while.
>>
is the maker for food fight around? I have questions 1.can you be an actual real-life product? 2. If you are no longer carried in the store but still in production and distribution overseas does that count as being discontinued?
3.does picking a real-life item count as an import? for "a perfectly good bag of chips"
>>48114514
There's one in animal Crossing,or I may be misremembering and thinking of the old version
>>
>>48114514
Perks that convert money to different currencies or to other things?
>>
>>48114532
Reminder that Dormant Power is for chumps.
>>
>>48114514
We need a Duck Tales jump.
>>
>>48114451
>Damn if this is what it really is then I'm going to have to completely rework the jump from the ground up with the new lore in mind. I might also have to bar Convexity as a thing entirely if it's such a powerful fundemental force to the setting...Maybe. I dunno. The fact it says it's Purple dragon exclusive might cause problems. I'm already thinking of a way to fix this without screwing everyone over.

Okie. Hrm... I'll await your decision on that matter then, man of the Spyro. :)
>>
>>48114451
I have some Kingdom Hearts questions if you don't mind.
Can you use the same weapon with both Absent Silhouette and Summoned Weapon?
Second, can you pick a unique element with Aspect of Oblivion, or do you have to pick a canon Nobody to copy? I want to have the element of “raw mana” but if that's not kosher I'll just go with Lightning.
>>
>>48113876
I feel the need to post this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVi_fs2oz3E
>>
File: 1402318607745.jpg (123KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1402318607745.jpg
123KB, 500x500px
>>48114507
I believe it's talking about how it's fundemental to the universe itself. Not that it's actually doable with it. I'm going to have to read over the new info and drum up some possible changes. If that's alright with the thread of course.

There's a good chance I won't bar Convexity. In fact it might be getting buffed. Other elements are getting clarified. And some perks are getting reworked in light of this new lore. I also might have to bar Skylanders as a thing. As originally they lightly tied it to the games. BUT since this new lore gives Legend of Spyro it's own cosmology that's wildly different from Skylanders I might have to focus on a skylanders jump too...maybe. I kinda don't own any of those games so I don't know if I can make a jump fair. It does have some neat gimmicks that would make for some nice perks or items though.

GAH being a jumpmaker is hard work.

>>48114580
Oh uhh th-thanks

>>48114581
>Can you use the same weapon with both Absent Silhouette and Summoned Weapon?
Yep.
>Second, can you pick a unique element with Aspect of Oblivion, or do you have to pick a canon Nobody to copy? I want to have the element of “raw mana” but if that's not kosher I'll just go with Lightning.
You can pick an element outside of canon. You are your own special snowflake after all. Who am I to stop you? Just don't wank yourself to be more powerful than the rest and we're golden.
>>
File: sigh.jpg (48KB, 383x420px) Image search: [Google]
sigh.jpg
48KB, 383x420px
>>48114276
I thought the idea was you were trading latent mystic potential for raw power.

Or in Undertale terms, trading on your human DETERMINATION to gain powers like how Asriel Dreemurr gets all 'roided up off some souls.

>>48114105
I am an incarnation of the impulses that lead to societies like the British Colonial Empire coming into place, an ex-Soviet commander and an elf/space elf at several removes. Somehow I just don't think it's appropriate for me to celebrate Independence Day.

>>48111547
No, I did as well.

I just kinda went around behind the curtain by portalling past the Citadel infrastructure to go and let Shepard take a look at the Catalyst's setup right after Sovereign bought the farm.

I figured she'd find it easier to make a rational decision than, say, if she'd just barely survived an agonising molten metal laser and a blast of indoctrination then been forced to march the rest of the way.

>>48110761
I just asked the Catalyst one question: Had its' creators tried turning it on and off again?

Turns out they hadn't.

So I portaled out again, and Shepard decided 3-4 guys wouldn't cut it so he called in his whole crew. Then I handed them some not-TRON helmets, portaled back there and used my Video Conduit powers to jack us all into the Catalyst's mainframe where we proceeded to digital-battle the thing until its' digital consciousness disintegrated. For good measure, once we got out I made sure the inexplicable tube of Reaper goop that apparently blows everything up was deactivated from the rest of the system. I did covertly analyse the Control panel and Synthesis while Shepard wasn't looking, though.

The replacement VI I eventually got working was Three Laws-compliant, with a Fourth Law in effect taking precedence above the other 3: When Faced With An Apparent Contradiction Of The Laws, Reboot Yourself Before Proceeding Further.

The REAL problem came from people discovering the Leviathan planet.
>>
>>48114602
Can you get to that level solely with perks in the Madoka jump?

Veteran+Weapons Master+Multiple Copies/Timestop?
>>
File: love_ya_spyro.png (674KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
love_ya_spyro.png
674KB, 1000x1000px
>>48114734
>Just don't wank yourself to be more powerful than the rest and we're golden.
Thank you Spyro, shine on you crazy dragon.
>>
>>48114761
It comes across more like 'giving up ultimate power for a few neat tricks while making you far weaker'
>>
>>48114557
certainly looks that way.
>>
>>48114734
Can you elaborate on Mystical Engine works in the classic Spyro jump? It sounds like it allows you to make technology that runs on magic and is immune to magical attack. Or maybe just resistant to magic?
>>
>>48114767
You can only get a limited number of different weapon types.
>>
>>48114767
>>48114856
Time stop girl doesn't create weapons like the other ones, she steals them and stores them in some sort of hammerspace.
>>
RWBY question here: how powerful is the Dust Grafts thing? I know it was supposed to be the "Have Cinder's powers" thing before we knew about the Maidens, but is it actually as powerful as her's? What I mean is, with enough training and mastery over the Dust Grafts, could I go toe to toe with half-Maiden Cinder and stand a chance at winning?
>>
>>48114734
>GAH being a jumpmaker is hard work.

But we love yah for it.

>Oh uhh th-thanks

You're welcome. :)
>>
>>48114856
???
Okay?
Mami only uses one weapon type -- a musket, and she summons multiple copies of it, on top of being a magical girl for several years.

What I'm interested in, however, are their insane feats of dexterity, coordination, and reaction that allow them to shoot scores of bullets with other bullets.
>>
>>48114734
Spyro, if I may ask, could you provide a link to this lore stuff? Also, from what you can tell, was Malefor telling the truth? Were the Purple Dragons all heralds of the Apocalypse that just never got it right?
>>
In SMT what exactly does it mean if you're a Tyrant and "declare your title to the world and be forever marked as such"? Does everyone just instinctively know your title by looking at you or something?
>>
>>48114993
I'm not SMTanon, so this is just a guess, but I imagine it is like Taking on your Aspect as a God in Lords of Light. When you take on your aspect, you exemplify it so much that when people look at you, they can't imagine you being anything else. Or something, I probably was shit at explaining my interpretation.
>>
>>48114993
I think so, yeah. Which means going in disguise might be...harder.
>>
File: 1395295828854.png (228KB, 290x318px) Image search: [Google]
1395295828854.png
228KB, 290x318px
>>48114843
Highly resistant to magic interference. Bullshit magical effects like hexing it apart, or making it corrode for no reason other than lol magic gets negated. If they tried to blow it up with a fireball [and the fireball itself isn't literally made of magic] it could still work however as that's just a highly combustive projectile. You can make it run off of ambient magic around it. Pretty much purely off of it too.

>>48114804
y-you too

>>48114966
http://that-spyro-guy.deviantart.com/

>Also, from what you can tell, was Malefor telling the truth? Were the Purple Dragons all heralds of the Apocalypse that just never got it right?
No he was lying through his teeth about that part. However it is possible for a purple dragon to lose their way becoming corrupted. He mastered Dark Aether apparently. And learned to taint the inherent Aether in Spirit gems and dragons. It can permanently scar too like with Cynder. Go figure. I'm going to have to find out about "Dark Magic" and if it has anything to do with Shamanism that is apparently in the last game in the trilogy.
>>
File: kuroglare.png (60KB, 704x478px) Image search: [Google]
kuroglare.png
60KB, 704x478px
>>48114817
From what I recall from what SMTanon said, that "ultimate power" was more or less referring to the protag's potential to grow over time to the point of being able to battle some of the most formidable bosses in the first game. Even then, considering he canonically died in a rockslide later on he seemed to retain human durability at the very least; he must've been at least somewhat high-level since he survived the game's events after all. And in-game his attacks didn't suddenly morph into mountain-cleaving blows, he just got gudder and gudder with his powerset.

So from what I inferred, it was more like gradually diminishing something somewhere between the Soft Cap perk from Elona and having a particularly strong human SOUL in Undertale like Frisk's in exhange for becoming more than human/lacking in human frailty/able to make things like the above.
Thread posts: 620
Thread images: 88

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.