[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do literally all elves in all settings always have the exact

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: elfboob.jpg (609KB, 660x1020px) Image search: [Google]
elfboob.jpg
609KB, 660x1020px
Why do literally all elves in all settings always have the exact same biology, history, culture, and relationships with other races (that may or may not exist or be completely different from setting to setting), so that I can ask a loaded question about elves without specifying in which setting and expect a single correct answer that applies to all elves in all settings?
>>
Yes, this is what we need, more elf threads about nothing.
>>
>>
Rolled 1, 1 + 2 = 4 (2d6 + 2)

just a minute, OP
let me use your thread for a test
>>
So you can make shitty threads about elfgames
>>
>Why do literally all _______ in all settings always have the exact same biology, history, culture, and relationships with other _______ (that may or may not exist or be completely
Archetypes. The word you are looking for is archetypes.
>>
>>48095504

>Why dont we change what makes a thing what it is?

Because then it wouldn't be that thing anymore.
>>
File: jimmurray_radhaheirtokeld.jpg (263KB, 1101x800px) Image search: [Google]
jimmurray_radhaheirtokeld.jpg
263KB, 1101x800px
>>48095504
They don't. For instance, the elf you posted is nothing like the elves of Tolkien.

>>48099352
None of those things are what make Elves elves.
>>
>>48102840
Oh boy, I'm so glad that you bumped this thread.
>>
>>48102870
OP's question is stupid, and OP started the thread out with an example that proved him wrong. This thread is now about ways settings have used traditional fantasy races in awesome ways.

I love Zendikar's vampires. How are Zendikar vampires different from regular vampires?
>They aren't actually undead, and live for ~200 years
>Instead of being from a world where they can dress fancy and swirl wine glasses, they're from the super exciting world where the land shifts constantly and specifically the terrifying nightmare swamp part of it
>They're tribalistic and shamanistic
>They were bred as a slave race for the imprisoned cosmic horrors of Zendikar
>Many of them have horns and shoulder spikes so that Eldrazi Drones can ride on them
>They use giant insect chitin as battle armour
>When they completely drain a living being, it becomes an eyeless mindless zombie called a Null
Zendikar vampires are fucking awesome. They have the best aesthetic.
>>
File: 1464563415577 (1).jpg (510KB, 1200x933px) Image search: [Google]
1464563415577 (1).jpg
510KB, 1200x933px
Hmmm... How about we post elves instead gentlemen?
>>
>>48103508
Please no. Let it die.
>>
>>48095504
Cause people don't want something new. They want the same old thing with a twist. Just look at the "popularity" of games that tried to do something different.
It's just sales and nothing else.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.