[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boy, do I love making easily abused cards with ETB and trigger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1462194799325.jpg (547KB, 500x762px) Image search: [Google]
1462194799325.jpg
547KB, 500x762px
Boy, do I love making easily abused cards with ETB and trigger effects that can be "flickered" for infinite "card" advantage. Jerkoff solitaire is just good game design. I am such a clever boi
>>
>>48031926
I'm glad to hear you're enjoying yourself and that you have such good self-esteem. What system are you making cards for?
>>
>>48031962
The best game in the world. Not only is it my job, but I have a duty above and beyond. I owe a debt to it that can never be repaid because it is such a force for good in the world.
>>
>>48032030
That's great to hear, man. It's rare to have such job satisfaction in the modern day. You didn't actually say its name, though. Could you? If the game is that great I definitely want to check it out,
>>
>>48032058
I unfortunately can't say the name because we work way in advance and I can't reveal anything about it. We like to prepare information and make sure people are as excited as possible for the upcoming releases.
>>
>>48031926
Mark, on a scale from 1-10 poison counters how much do you like Infect? Please answer in the form of a pun.
>>
>>48033681
9 out of 10. "Virally" much! ;)

So, the story behind Infect: the general idea in development at the time was that life gain was overpowered and seeing too much tournament play. We wanted a good mechanic that would combat the life gain dominance. Poison was the original idea, but the feeling was that double unpreventable irreversible damage sounded good on paper, but wasn't quite there. That's when we made it buffable enabled it to destroy "indestructibles" as well.

As for whether we'll see Infect return, I rate it between a 1 and a 2 where 1 is "we'll definitely see it return" and 2 is "it will come back when we can find a way to tie it to the Eldrazi who test well in our target 10-12 yr old demographic focus groups." Market research is a big part of what we do at WotC now and it sounds like an uninviting concept but it's really just listening to you, the player.

As much as I like talking about Magic, it's time for me to be Making magic. Ciao! Talk to you guys next time!
>>
This thread is already golden.
>>
>>48033878
why do i read this in his nasaly voice.

God i'm just trying to watch lsv school some bitches and every break this dude tells me about dragons and shit
>>
Tell us all the things you learned about marketing from a semester and a half of college, Mark
>>
What did you do that you don't consider a mistake?
>>
File: 1443575529479.jpg (53KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
1443575529479.jpg
53KB, 550x400px
>>48034045
Well, I love my sets, they are all like my children. Buuuuttt... If I had to pick two, they'd have to be Unglued and Unhinged. Before games I worked in TV, and I think, in my heart, I'll always be a comedy writer. I like thinking about all the different colors and how they're funny.

If you liked Unglued and Unhinged, please please PLEASE write customer support and let them know. I'd love to do another set, but we have to know the support is there. Talk to you guys...

>>48033992
Well, from Communications theory, I learned that people crave three things: comfort, surprise, and completion. We implement this in various ways in R&D but I'll just give you one example:

Comfort: Seeing the Eldrazi again. They are a really menacing force and creative worked hard making them a credible threat.
Surprise: The Eldrazi are attacking Innistrad! WHAAAT? Innistrad was safe, but now it's in trouble AGAIN?
Completion: The Eldrazi will be confronted and defeated.

As much as I like talking about Magic, it's time for me to be making Magic. Talk to you guys next
time!
>>
>>48033878
Hey guys! It's time for anotha DWIVE TA WERK
>>
Hey, Mark! Tell me what's up with the Jacetice League
>>
>>48034497
>Jacetice League
Wow, I just read about this whole melodrama and now feel a little bad about making this thread. Mark does really well for the position he's in.

Stay positive Mark, you're a good guy. I will choose another time to mock you :P
>>
Whenever I hear about the janky ideas Maro actually suggests as a designer, I have a lot of respect for him. But I can't help but feel he made a big mistake being the face of MTG.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.