[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 51

File: ulasht.jpg (42KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
ulasht.jpg
42KB, 223x310px
Coolasht Edition

Previous
>>48006400

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
http://www.magiccards.info

TODAY'S TOPIC: Why do you play EDH?
>>
>>48022166
I play EDH for my friends. It's what they play, and so it's what I play. Personally I wouldn't have it any other way.
>>
2nd for Black Tree getting banned by the end of the year.
>>
>>48022245
it is so much less of a threat than OG Sorin it's not even funny
>>
>>48022261
It does combo nicely with Triskaidekaphobia
>>
>>48022261
It's far easier to reanimate a creature than a planeswalker.

I can nuke the entire table with this in one turn
>>
>>48022245
It 100% will never be banned. You're an idiot.
>>
File: my waifu is best waifu.png (527KB, 858x1000px) Image search: [Google]
my waifu is best waifu.png
527KB, 858x1000px
Daily reminder that your waifu is bad wrong fun and my waifu is the only correct way to play EDH. If you disagree it's because you are mad and have autism.

gg no re mach
>>
File: IMG_0067.jpg (30KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0067.jpg
30KB, 150x150px
>>48022554
>baseless ad hominem

May I remind you the rules committee hates fun and that this can knock someone's life total down to 1 on turn 2-3. Overloaded mana rocks and colorless haste enablers do exist anon.
>>
File: 1400984316122.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1400984316122.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>48022682

Why are Sorin and Magister Sphinx not banned?

I'll give you a hint, it's because you're a fucking faggot holy shit.
>>
>>48022682
*pffftshh*
rules comittee can go ahead and suck a huge dick
>>
They should have made that new tree legendary. I think I am gonna try to convince my group to let me build around it anyways.
>>
>>48022166
>Why do you play EDH?
Because it's fun and I like seeing what weird ridiculous interactions I can set up

Plus the table shit-talk is fun in my group
>>
>>48022693
Because both cards are overcosted threats. Magister Sphinx costs 8 mana and requires 3 colors. Games often end before it comes out. Sorin is FAR harder to abuse as he's a planeswalker that requires triple black to cast. After Sorin goes off, you have to + him before being able to do it again or kill him yourself and bring him back with something along the lines of emeria shepard(sun titan can't bring him back).

You can easily get tree out on turn 1-2 because it's splashable and assrape people with reanimate spells. Tree shits all over sorin and magister sphinx.
>>
File: 1467195993417.png (611KB, 634x436px) Image search: [Google]
1467195993417.png
611KB, 634x436px
I've got a present for ya.
>>
>>48022844

Unplayable trash, thanks Anon!
>>
>>48022844
I don't care about the card so much as I am looking at the picture on the first side and that fucker has a cool glasses thing on. It looks like its made to keep his eye hydrated by trapping some liquid. Thats genius. If he came up with that himself then he should have been named that way he could eventually have his spark ignite.
>>
any opinions on tazri allies tribal? y/n
>>
>>48023049
Nah all the Innistrad Homonuculi have that
>>
>>48023069
Damn. It would be cool to see one as a planeswalker tho.
>>
>>48023055
Nah. It's not as good as you think
>>
File: gHhiLEu.png (194KB, 296x424px) Image search: [Google]
gHhiLEu.png
194KB, 296x424px
Who else is sad they can't run this as their commander? We need more Ooze commanders... At least the cards that flip into it will be going in my monored list
>>
>>48023196

Whenever someone tells me how /tg/ isn't an awful board, I will remember this post and laugh.
>>
>>48023235
What about when someone tells you to report and ignore?
>>
>>48023309

Call them a faggot and make another elf gurl comes up 2 u and slaps ur butt lmao wat do thread to make myself feel better.
>>
File: h9L-cExl.jpg (55KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
h9L-cExl.jpg
55KB, 512x512px
Who's the most fashy, alt-right Commander?
>>
>>48023443

Doran the Siege Tower
>>
>>48023443
Konda or Elesh Norn
>>
File: tumblr_lmp8n9pOPW1qfuepw.png (277KB, 496x418px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lmp8n9pOPW1qfuepw.png
277KB, 496x418px
>feel overwhelming urge to build a new deck
>no idea what to build or even who to use as the general
Fuck
>>
>>48023695
Wait for Conspiracy II anon theres bound to be some new fun mechanics and commanders come out of it. I know thats what Im holding out for at the moment.
>>
>>48023759

I'm waiting for this year's commander release before I build something brand new.
>>
>>48023855
>>48023759
Yeah I'll probably wait for those. But shit. I just really want to build something
>>
>>48023876

I know that feel bro. I have the itch real bad and have been whetting it by building "new" decks out of card I already own. But I'm not committing to anything new till we see them quad color commanders.
>>
>>48023914
I always wait a bit before building commanders from the packs. When they're released a lot of people will be playing them and games where multiple people have the same commander are pretty boring. I remember playing a 6 players game with 3 Meren, that was just no fun
>>
>>48022452
It's easier to reanimate, but also WAY easier to kill, and it needs haste to hit someone as soon as it comes down. Sorin and Two-Punch Steve just insta-set your life total to 10 before you can respond (other than a counterspell or a Stifle). This needs setup.

I'm also curious how the hell you'd kill the entire table with it in one turn.
>>
>>48023085
We'll get a Fblthp Planeswalker before long.
>>
Options for three color generals still suck. I don't get how this is still the case.
>>
>>48023989
At least it's better than it was 5 years ago, where your options for the wedges were "The Planar Chaos dragon or nothing".
>>
>>48022641
What if we have the same waifu?
>>
>>48023932
Fucking Meren.
>>
I want to have fun with Alesha but it keeps coming out bad
No list at the moment, it's bad
Save me, /EDHG/
Save me from cute interactions
>>
>>48024032
Coming out bad like, degenerate nonsense, or coming out bad like unplayable trash?
>>
>>48022641
But my commander waifu is Damia
Don't you like cute sneks?
>>
>>48024067
Every time I play Damia I get killed first. I just want to draw cards and have fun
>>
>>48024064
Unplayable trash
I have killed all of one player with the deck, and that was making his pact of negation unpayable
>>
>>48023974
>Fblthp Planeswalker

>Fblthp

>Legendary Creature-Homuculus Coward

And I have no idea what he would do.
>>
File: j-jonah-jameson-102652.jpg (30KB, 655x362px) Image search: [Google]
j-jonah-jameson-102652.jpg
30KB, 655x362px
I NEED PICTURES

PICTURES OF JUND SAC OUTLETS
>>
>>48024171
Wouldn't be a creature.

Personally I'd love to see a Fblthp planeswalker in an Un-set and all of his abilities just put him in some other zone. Have his plus exile him and then bring him back several turns from now, have his minus put him on top of your library, and then have his ult shuffle him into your opponent's hand.

No matter where he goes he gets lost.
>>
>>48024195
Altar of Dementia, Ashnod's Altar, Phyrexian Altar, Attrition, Birthing Pod, Evolutionary Leap, Goblin Bombardment, Greater Good, Perilous Forays, Phyrexian Plaguelord, Phyrexian Tower, Sadistic Hypnotist, Thermopod, Viscera Seer
>>
>>48024200
+X Exile Fblthp for x turns. He comes back with X loyalty counters?
-X Sacrifice Fblthp. Return x Cards from your graveyard to your hand?
>>
>>48024195
Phyrexian Altar
Shivan Harvest
Goblin Bombardment
Skull clamp
Ashnod's Altar
Fallen Ideal
Perilous Forays
>>
>>48024253
The minus doesn't feel very blue. I think he could exile other creatures, maybe? Make them lost?

+X, exile him with X time counters, if he doesn't have suspend he gains suspend, then he comes back with X more loyalty

-X: Choose one - Exile target creature and put X time counters on it and it gains Suspend, or exile X target creatures and put one time counter on each of them, they gain suspend
>>
>>48022452
you cant really do that though , since if you swap one player who is at 40 with the tree, then the tree's toughness becomes 40 until another switch or effect happens, so you wouldn't be able to get more than one guy most of the time unless you blinked it or something
>>
>>48024284
That feels better. I modeled the minus after the lore because ultimatly his being lost was the gain of others.
>>
>>48024237
THANKS

IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR JUND TOKEN MAKERS
>>
>>48024319
Avenger of Zendikar
Prossh
Kher keep
Sek kur
Walkwr Xenegos
Endrek Sahr
>>
>>48022452
Obzedat's Aid says hello

>>48022844
S P E L L S L I N G I N G
Straight into Mizzix you go, one-eyed little friend!
>>
>>48024319
Mycoloth, Kher Keep, Avenger of Zendikar, Endrek Sahr, Xenagos, Sprouting Thrinax, Grave Titan, Ophiomancer, Dragon Broodmother, Mitotic Slime, Awakening Zone (or the new version that makes Scions), Sek'Kuar, Prossh
>>
File: super shatter bros.jpg (80KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
super shatter bros.jpg
80KB, 720x960px
>>48024195
>>
>>48024346
I think he's stupid calling the card OP, but to be fair he never said that it was impossible to reanimate a planeswalker, just harder. And he's right. There's way more cards that cheaply get back dead creatures than there are cards that get back dead planeswalkers, and many of them are mono-black so they can go into a deck alongside the Tree no matter what overall identity the deck has beyond black.
>>
I feel like I have hit a stump building him. I don't feel like there is much more I can add to pic related. Are there any secret spicy techs for him?
>>
>>48023695
>tfw you have several pieces of a UWx blink deck, and you never played white so it would be a first
>no legend to helm the motherfucker
There was several EMA drafts at my local shop AND NOT A SINGLE BRAGO MOTHERFUCKER

>>48024369
tru that, but still if that damned sphinx is not banned neither will the tree.
>>
>>48024398
Deadeye Navigator + Palinchron
>>
Any tips for a monoblack commander deck that only uses demon creatures?

I want it to be as good as Wizards' precon Commander decks, because those are what I collect/play.
>>
I have two questions for you fine folks:

1) What are some dorks/rocks that will produce any colour of mana at a low cost (3cmc)? Right now I have manalith, cryptolith rites, beast master savant, alloy myr, darksteel ingot (not the one that produced generic mana), some 3cmc elf druid from return to zendikar, and birds of paradise. It technically doesn't need to be ANY colour, RUG would work, but I like things that are versatile.

2) What`s the best way to use Elesh Norn? I think the answer is dump a bunch of weenies and anthems then revel in the massacre, but I was wondering if she had any spicy tech in a BW deck.
>>
>>48024398
Sage of Hours. Once you get to 5 experience counters you take infinite turns.

Fathom Mage, Cold-Eyed Selkie, Forgotten Ancient, Mycoloth, Blighted Agent, Gyre Sage, Prime Speaker Zegana, Chasm Skulker, Champion of Lambholdt, Simic Manipulator, Hooded Hydra, Master Biomancer, Fertilid, Wild Beastmaster, Patagia Viper, Viral Drake, Plaxcaster Forgling, Glen Elendra Archmage, Plaxmanta, Triskelion, Kalonian Hydra, Inexorable Tide, Hardened Scales, Fable of Wolf and Owl
>>
>>48024443
Yes, why are you only using demons? Lots of things are good, demons are pretty nifty in general, but only using demons is kind of meh. Sure it's a tribal and you can obelisk of urd/door of destinies, but I'm not aware of many low cost demons, and most demons have a pretty big draw back.

Anyways, Reaper of the Abyss will be your best friend.
>>
>>48024398
Sagu Mauler
>>
>>48024451
Temur Banner and COMMANDER'S SPHERE how did you forgot that
>>
>>48024451
utopia tree
>>
>>48024451
oh, and rattleclaw mystic
>>
>>48024470
>>48024420
>>48024482
Thanks bros. I'll try to post a list when i get home so I can get some more help.
>>
>>48024485
I actually have Commander's Sphere in there, same with a Mana Convergence (or whatever the pay 1 life for any colour of mana thing is). Temur banner is going in there though, thanks!

>>48024492
>utopia tree
Oh that's definately going in there, thanks anon.

>>48024503
I actually have a rattleclaw in there too. I might be getting to critical mass with all of these dorks. How many are too many? I know the answer is, test it and see, but I need to ramp to 8 efficiently as possible.
>>
>>48024451
>Rocks
Chromatic Lantern, Coalition Relic, Mox Diamond, Mox Opal, Vessel of Endless Rest. Paradise Mantle also turns things INTO mana dorks.

>Dorks
Elvish Harbinger, Gemhide Sliver, Honored Hierarch (kinda), Manaweft Sliver, Opaline Unicorn, Scuttlemutt, Sylvan Caryatid, Utopia Tree, Vesper Ghoul

>Elesh Norn
Nothing 'secret' I can think of, since she's just a super-anthem stapled to a one-sided constant Infest. Good, but not really something you can tech with. She's fun with Phantom creatures.
>>
http://Pastebin.com/DPbtUHZq
Trying to avoid generic green good stuff like avenger and craterhoof etc
Going for hate theme but deck feels slow and simply not hateful enough. Selvala is current commander to get out dumb hate cards faster
>>
>>48024477
Isn't Ogre/Demon a not entirely terrible thing in Kamigawa?

I wish they would do more cross tribal stuff, those cards were fun.
>>
>>48024530
>but I need to ramp to 8 efficiently as possible
Wanderer?
>>
>>48022682
People can win the game on turn 1-2 with Hermit Druid and it's not banned.
>>
>>48024530
>Ramp to 8
Honestly, rely far less on mana dorks. They're gonna fucking die. Even if it's just collateral damage from someone trying to take out an opponent's token swarms, creatures die a lot in Commander.

If your group isn't big on mass LD, focus more on ramp spells like Rampant Growth, Farseek, Nature's Lore, Skyshroud Claim, things like that. They're more consistent since your lands are less likely to die. Mana rocks aren't bad either, but again, know your meta: if someone's gonna be Shatterstorming or Vandalblasting on turn 6 to take care of the artifact player, you don't want to suddenly lose 4+ mana out of it.
>>
>>48024477
Shirei and Shadowborn Apostles are good pals, consider that
>>
>>48022682
I'd really like to know how you plan on casting a 4 mana creature on turn 1 and then getting its toughness to 1 and activating it on turn 2 anything near consistently.

>>48024552
To be fair, your deck has to be built for that, it's not something you can just skullfuck into any old deck. It's also really easy to disrupt.
>>
>>48024545
Put this in Tappedout please
>>
File: gisaandgeralf.jpg (42KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
gisaandgeralf.jpg
42KB, 265x370px
Well ain't this mag-fuckin-neato.
>>
>>48024580
Sure, but it's not like tree is any harder to disrupt and the payoff is nowhere near as high.
>>
>>48024548
Yup. I fell for the "everything I want to run has 3 devotion" trap and I'm trying to find ways to toss him out there, not get 10,000 dead draws.

>>48024567
Actually, I was doing a hybrid-ramp thing. I'm running a lot of things that can put basics directly onto the battlefield, like sword of the animist, pregrination, and explorers scope, including a particularly spicy one that drops 3 basics if I hit threshold. I'm kind of unfamiliar with how to build three colours. Is there some sort of formula for figuring out the right ratio of dorks to rocks to basic land dumpers? I mean, I also have Ur golem's eye, sol ring, thran dynamo and worn powerstone in this deck.
>>
>>48024608
Not bad. Maybe I'll build zombies again, though I feel this is probably better in the 99 of Thrax or Sidisi
>>
>>48024608
HELL YEEAAAAAAAHHHHH

I want one hundred of those, thank you based Wotc for not killing my fav characters.
Btw hey did Geralf lose an eye?
>>
>>48024624
Honestly you want stuff that can just find LANDS whenever possible, because 3 color needs mana fixing.
>>
>>48024646
No it's his SCIENCE monocle, he had it in his C14 art too
>>
>>48024608
That's pretty fucking neato.

At last, a legitimate Zombie Shenanigans commander.
>>
>>48024624
Sure, you need ramp and mana fixing, but too much and wanderer just cascades into more ramp. Probably about 10-15 pieces of good ramp, preferably ones that bring lands directly onto the field and rocks that tap for multiple mana would be better for you.
>>
>>48024718
Are there rocks that tap for multiple coloured mana? Thank you very much for giving me numbers, I'm still pretty casual and I'm stuck in an eternal battle with ratios, so you've helped me out a ton.

On that note, what removal should I run? I admit, I took most of it out in favor of dorks and rocks, but I have things like impact resonance in there to still do some damage to the field. Does green have any wraths, or am I stuck using things like atherize/whelming wave/blasphemous act?
>>
>>48024760
The guild signets do
Gilded Lotus taps for 3 of any one color
>>
>>48024780
Okay cool, I'll pick up some signets on the cheap, and I have a Gilded Lotus stashed somewhere.
>>
>>48024587
Sorry tappedout hates my email.
http://deckstats.net/deck-10459524-08195464ada317877ca2a05df8305cda.html
This work?
>>
>>48024760
don't forget felwar stone.
In any game with four players it's almost guaranteed to tap for any color. I like mindstone too because it replaces itself in a pinch and you can play both of them off a t1 sol ring which feels real good
>>
>>48024760
Gilded lotus is the only one that comes to mind, but even tapping for colorless mana is still good. As for removal, stick to red board wipes and a handful of spot removal. Greens mass removal.is stuff like bane of progress that wipe artifacts and such. Always remember threat density, so probably no more than ten wipes.
>>
>>48024608
Man, I don't like tribal but I have to build them. I just have to. I might go full hog on theme.
>>
>>48024837
I actually have mind stone in there too. Fellwar stone seems too situational, because I mostly play 1v1, but corrupted graftstone looks like it could be pretty good too. Is springleaf drum worth it?
>>
>>48024837
fellwar stone is top notch. Vivid lands are common in my group which means fellwar always can tap for any color
>>
>friend buys foil Karador for new deck
>never casts it once
>Turns out to be Soldier and Warrior tribal
>Gets frustrated when he can't do anything

I had a long deck improvement session with him after the game
>>
>>48024891
I don't get the sort of people who run vivids in two color. It is literally worse than a guildgate.
>>
>>48024705
I will put Geralf and Gisa in the helm; Geralf, Gisa, Grimgrin, Rooftop Storm, Army of the Damned in the 99 and a lot of zombie shenanigans and NO ONE WILL STOP ME HAHAHAHA

You guys can't comprohend my levels of HYPE to play with this, it's so flavorful.
>>
>>48024878
Springleaf drums only feel good if you either have a real tight curve or run free creatures. if you're dropping drum turn one and a creature next turn to tap, why not drop a dork turn one?

I can imagine a couple of decks which it could be ok in, but not many. I'd rather run Mantle in that slot, and I'm not likely to run Mantle.
>>48024891
Felwar stone goes in pretty much every deck I own. It also hits off other common cards like tri-lands and commanders land.
>>48024985
add a bit of old fashioned reanimation and I think you've got a winner.
>>
>>48024838
What do you mean by "threat density" and what are the most commonly used red board wipes? I mostly know about red shrivels, and red spot removal, but I don't know many of the board wipes. I was thinking a little scry/tutor to the top of the deck sub-theme would make sure I don't pop something dumb with Malestrom.
>>
>>48024985
Also, Soulless One and that new Liliana.
>>
>>48025007
Thanks for the honesty, I think cryptolith rites is an objective upgrade to springleaf, I just had a friend that used it very effectively when I was newer to magic.
>>
>>48024608
「 GG, GG, B A B Y B A B Y 」
>>
Is the bg 2015 precon pretty good? My group runs no graveyard hate and i need something to play while im building tasigur.
>>
>>48024985
Throw Conspiracy in your deck to make everything a Zombie and then play huge fatties
>>
>>48025169
>building tasigur
Ew.

But yes, out of the box it's pretty darn stronk. Few minor upgrades and it's hideous.
>>
File: 1455749328205.jpg (64KB, 441x530px) Image search: [Google]
1455749328205.jpg
64KB, 441x530px
Quick, post your funniest/ most amusing EDH moment
>>
>>48025178
Tasigur's fun when you build politic control and not infinite combo machine.
>>
>>48025169
It's pretty playable, from what I hear. Supposedly it only needs like, three cards to be pretty good.

I played against it when they came out. I bought Mizzix, and while I ultimately won every game we played, most were really close. Merens pretty good.
>>
File: SCIENCE!.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
SCIENCE!.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>48025184
>>
>>48024359
What's the prime wincon with this guy? Efficient beaters?
>>
File: Apocalypse Hydra.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Apocalypse Hydra.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>48025184
>playing my friend in commander
>Xenagos is on the field with a Kalonian Hydra
>I can easily swing for the game but I have 7 mana back and an apocalypse hydra in hand
>decide to say fuck it, tap everything, swing for a maximum overkill
>deflectingpalm.jpg
>if i only swung with the kalonian hydra, I would have both won and been able to survive the deflecting palm
>>
File: c4rdar7_TS2JJNWHQ5.jpg (128KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
c4rdar7_TS2JJNWHQ5.jpg
128KB, 750x500px
Hey /tg/

I have a weird problem: About 4 months ago I found a new playgroup in my home town that hates on pretty much every kind of strategy I bring to the table. First off, they despise tutors, which is basically every card in the game that searches any library for any card other than a basic land. If I play my removal heavy Rock/Reanimator, they're like: Boardwipes and recurring creatures over and over again is not fun. If I'm playing mono-G combo, It's too competitive and uninteractive. Some of them go as far as having only 25$ decks, complaining that Sad Robot urgently needs a reprint, play decks without removal at all, but with moxen instead, and most of all rather complain about cards others play than teching and adapting their decks to them. Btw these are all grown men 30+.

Am I wrong about what EDH is all about or are they just shitters? Should I just get a new playgroup?
>>
File: 1361547021552.jpg (6KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
1361547021552.jpg
6KB, 253x199px
>>48025184
>Playing my black deck
>Know my opponent has a spelljack in his hand and that he'll use it on the first big thing he sees
>I play a Phage, the untouchable
>He counters it
>On his turn he plays the Phage
>mfw
>>
>>48025279
EDH can be anything you and your playgroup want it to be.

if you and your playgroup can't get along, I suggest finding a different group.
>>
>>48025279
They're shitters. If you've been with them for four months and they haven't learned yet, either turn up the power on your decks until they're forced to adapt or stop playing with you, that works too or find a new group.
>>
File: 1342730633723.png (276KB, 694x685px) Image search: [Google]
1342730633723.png
276KB, 694x685px
>>48025279
I have a similar problem

>Been playing Magic for 18 years while all my friends have been playing for less than 3
>As a result I have access to more stuff
>Build EDH decks that are intentionally neutered, but still fun, so that I don't just curb stomp them every game
>Tell me that's disrespectful and that I should make the best deck I can
>I do
>Win every game after that
>Complain that my deck is broken
>mfw
>>
>>48025286
Professional baiting right there
>>
>>48025184
>4 player game
>player casts worst fears on me
>wild ricochet it to Trostani player, and then copy targets original caster
>reverberate worst fears and target the final other player.

It was really odd having control of 3 different decks for one round
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/29-06-16-land-smash/

I was the anon wondering about Noyan Dar last night, here is my first try at him, any recommendations? I am mainly meaning for him to be a win con for the control shell
>>
File: 21axocn.jpg (46KB, 1314x739px) Image search: [Google]
21axocn.jpg
46KB, 1314x739px
>>48025184
>Have 3 copies of Invoke Prejudice and 2 copies of Painful Quandary on the field
>mfw
>>
>>48025184

>>48025215
Add two Hiveminds (copy enchantment), a curse of echos, a grip of chaos, a possibility storm, a shared fates, and a knowledge pool and you will have why I'm not allowed to play Zedru anymore.
>>
>>48025314
I guess they don't get their kicks from winning close and gripping matchups where you read and outplay your opponents, but from durdling along and talking with each other.

>>48025315
To my defense I'm not even sporting MLD, infinite combos or other stuff that closes games turn 5 or earlier. But then again, my decks are pretty tuned from that point on. Guess I have to move on...

>>48025336
Do they make you feel bad about it?
>>
>>48025336
>Tell me that's disrespectful and that I should make the best deck I can

Well you brought that to yourself by telling/leaving impression/implying that you neutered deck because of them.
>>
>>48025372
Take out a lot of the jankier creatures and global effects like Always Watching. and stay focused on cheap counters, removal, and cantrips. You don't want very many lands animated with Noyan Dar, otherwise Boardwipes can completely shut you out. Instead stack a bunch of counters on one or two, and if it gets destroyed, go on to the next one.
>>
>>48025286
Did he not read what Phage actually does, or did he just see a big CMC and knee jerk counter it? What the fuck?
>>
>>48025474
Nope, he gets tunnel vision when he sees big creatures
>>
>>48025454
I never told them. They just figured it out when I was playing Black decks and not putting in Damnation, Nether Void, or Cabal Coffers.
>>
>>48025178
Whats wrong with tasigur? I wanted to reanimate praetors and being able to interact with my friends with his ability seems like fun.
>>
>>48025450
>Do they make you feel bad about it?
All the fucking time. One of them also use it as an excuse to proxy $75 + cards.
>>
>>48025539
Why not just leave it in exile?
>>
>>48025560
>He's not running a $200 card, he must be holding back!
>>
Anyone know any spicy side-dishes for elvish piper?
>>
>>48024082
Here's the list of unplayable garbage as of right now
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/alesha-in-progress-2/
I like toolboxy decks but I just can't straighten it out
>>
>>48025286
wait, doesn't the "as if it were in your hand" clause make phage come into play normally without killing the player?
>>
>>48025372
Looks pretty solid on a cursory glance. It's hard to tell without play testing but Inexorable Tide looks kinda win more. Your creature base could definetly use a bit of work. Archaeomancer and Mnemonic Wall should probably be slotted in and Snapcaster if it's in budget. Path and Swords to Plowshare are great targeted removal and I bet you can find a couple of mass wipes that effect only nonlands. You look a little light on card advantage, Blue Sun's Zenith and Stroke of Genius are sadly not Sphinx's Revelation but they are pretty solid. I am really fond of versitility in EDH. Cards like Mystic Confluence, Cryptic Command, Austere Command, Turnabout, and Time Stop get me hot. Lastly I'm not sure what kind of tribal support exists in B/W for elementals but that might be worth investigating.
>>
>>48025630
Woops meant to say U/W
>>
>>48025624
No, it's cast from exile
>>
>>48025571
Tasigur's a really easy commander to break with infinite mana in BUG.
>Infinite green mana, not really that hard
>Spam his ability
>Empty library into graveyard
>Every nonland card into your hand
>Cast whatever you want to win with
>Get it back
>Cast it again
>Get it back
>
>
>
>>
>>48025630
>I bet you can find a couple of mass wipes that effect only nonlands.
Planar Outburst?
>>
>>48025579
The same reason why he Copies Nicol Bolas when he runs Lazav. He just sees a big creature and fixates on it without reading it fully.
>>
File: stasis.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
stasis.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
cards that ruin the game when you know you're going to lose

>>48025584
Blightsteel Colossus
Worldspine Wurm
>>
>>48025460
I was worried about being a bit light in creatures, since I might need them before I can get the pillow fort or a few awakened lands ups.

And I thought the always watching would be pretty good, since I can still tap my lands for mana after swinging

>>48025630
Yeah, that is the hard part about decks like this, hard to see how a lot of it plays out before hand. I am considering more cantrips to quickly pile up Noyan Dar triggers, but I worry about the early game. My meta has more aggro than anything

>>48025655
Running that and planar cleansing. Those were all I could find
>>
>>48025646
but if spelljack treats the card as if it were cast from hand, why wouldn't it override phage? After hitting the field, phage would check to see if it was cast from hand, then spelljack's clause would kick in so phage would recognize itself as being cast legally

i'm missing something here
>>
>>48025669
Teferi player had that out against my Hokori deck once. I played an Eon Hub that resolved and oh my GOD he got mad
>>
>>48025655
Yeah saw that was in and I didn't realize Cleansing was nonland as well but for a heavy control deck that this wants to be I'd probably try to find at least 2 more that are similar.
>>
>>48025705
spelljack doesnt treat the card as if it were cast from your hand? Spelljack puts it into exile, which is definitely not your hand, and nothing on gatherer shows it as being cast from your hand.
>>
>>48025715
>>48025695
The only other thing I could find was Coercive Portal, but that's a janky ass card if I've ever seen one.
>>
>>48025695
>Running that and planar cleansing. Those were all I could find

Ahh bummer, I assumed there would be a least a couple more in the whole of Magic's library. Still I would recommend at least 4 board wipes plus Mystical Tutor but I personally would probably run about 6 making one Evacuation because you can stall the board for a crazy long time with Archaeomancer/Mnemonic Wall and enough mana.
>>
File: 38.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
38.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>48025695
Cantrips and cheap counters will lead into your early game, you keep your hand full and steadily build up your lands for blocking or stop creatures from ever hitting the board.
The outlasters are cute, but I'd take out the ones that aren't lifelink. If you hit things hard enough you shouldn't ever have a problem after that. Mystic of the Hidden Ways won't be doing anything for your defense, either.

Just had an idea for some potentially super spicy tech, but I have no idea how well this thing would actually work.
>>
>>48025761
Might have to then

>>48025784
That would be a good lock down

>>48025791
Probably a good idea, I'll do some of that
>>
Does someone have a list or picture or something of all the damage doublers in both red and colorless/artifacts? I want to build a Ashling deck without making it the memey "99 mountains" shit. Would be appreciated.
>>
>>48025184
>Krenko goes infinite with Goblins
>Lol Rakdos Charm
>>
File: gitmeme.jpg (66KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
gitmeme.jpg
66KB, 550x550px
i fucking hate my gitrog deck.
how do recycle it
>>
>>48026029
Same thing happened to me but I cast it after an Oloro's storm herd. He was acting like a smug too because he had used bribery to get someone's Urabrask
>>
File: JU8QFFy.jpg (56KB, 1000x564px) Image search: [Google]
JU8QFFy.jpg
56KB, 1000x564px
>>48026063
forgot to add
"no sidisi"
>>
>>48025900
Wind Zendikon seems decent. +2/+2 and flying to target land seems like it would be decently relevent through most of the game for you. Scatter to the Wind looks fun. And Buldavian Frostwaker is an interesting little number but I have no idea how effective he might be.
>>
>>48026063
Make it Titania.
>>
File: 1457233705085.jpg (11KB, 315x309px) Image search: [Google]
1457233705085.jpg
11KB, 315x309px
>Turn 3 Cephalid Constable
>Turn 4, Invigorate the Constable for free, he's unblocked, return all his lands to his hand
>Seize the Day
>Do it to another person with no creatures
>2 People now have no permanents out at turn 5 in a five player game

And people told me combat tricks weren't worth it in EDH. My playgroup are already regretting letting me use Glint-Eye Nephilim as a Commander and it's still in the prototype stage.
>>
>>48024608
How do i dredge this?
>>
>>48026425
Magnificent. How did they have no creatures out by T5 though? Nothing sticking?
>>
File: spelljack.jpg (36KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
spelljack.jpg
36KB, 223x310px
>>48025727
>as though it were in your hand

it may just be outdated wording but it seems to me like if you read it as is it would get around phage
>>
>>48026063
why do you hate it? pepe is a ridiculous amount of fun and its fairly skill intensive
>>
>>48026063
Why not just scrap it all and trade the cards? Most graveyard decks end up feeling samey.
>>
>>48026543
One guy had an Axebane Gurdian out and it got TERMINATED LMAO, so I went after him and another guy who just didn't have creatures. Other guy was Phenax and had a Wall of Frost so I wasn't going after him. I'm really liking this deck, full of combat tricks and things to exploit them

>Needle Specter + Colossal Might + Overblaze
>Primeval bounty + Distortion Strike + Tainted Strike on Glint-Eye
>Cephalid Constable + Slip through Space + Might of Oaks

4 color spell slinger with built in card draw is pretty fun
>>
>>48026588
Oracle text man. Those aren't the words anymore.
>>
File: 4474884936_78e8ee5f43_o.gif (25KB, 392x392px) Image search: [Google]
4474884936_78e8ee5f43_o.gif
25KB, 392x392px
>killing the table with a Kaboom!
The jank is real and I embrace all of it
>>
File: spelljack.png (289KB, 709x499px) Image search: [Google]
spelljack.png
289KB, 709x499px
>>48026588
unfortunately that is just old wording.
>>
Is the land base the most expensive aspect of most 3-color decks?
>>
>>48026699
Depends. You could be running a Mana Drain in every deck with blue in it.
>>
>>48026736
Anon don't be silly, I don't play blue
>>
>>48026865
Oh man, you are missing out on my third favorite color. Anyway, the mana base doesn't have to be expensive, but it is hard to do well without spending a fair bit, especially if you like utility lands. I tried to go back to my three color decks after playing two color and it was so bad. I had like ten colorless lands.
>>
File: bullshit.jpg (43KB, 540x268px) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.jpg
43KB, 540x268px
>>48025184
>Playing Riku
>manage to durdle and ramp the entire game, shit draws
>Only other alive player is a Anafenza 1/1 counter deck
>somehow managed to get Ajani Steadfast's emblem
>I have a shit ton of mana untapped
>been mentioning offhand for 5+ turns now I have a counter in hand
>no counterspell in hand
>Parallel lives out, copy a Zegana for 6 card draw
>Traverse the Ulvenwald and Zealous conscripts
>I need 1 more card type for Delirium
> rec sage a signet
>Traverse into Kiki-jiki
>play Kiki and Zealous
>mfw he gets killed by infinite Conscripts, and his board state
>he asks if I had a counterspell in my hand
>"nope, never had one"
>he was going to play In Garruk's wake for the past 5 turns but was trying to bait my counter
>>
>>48026736
>Watching ebay for a promo mana drain....
went for 560...
>>
File: 1443293247214.jpg (72KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1443293247214.jpg
72KB, 540x540px
>playing my janky Ayli deck
>buried alive targeting Elesh Norn, Vengeful Pharaoh and Butcher of Malikar
>planning on playing victimize the next turn
>top deck a blood artist
>realize my opponent has 12 tokens
Today was a good day.
>>
>>48026923
Oh man. That's some saucy mind games. I can never do that. I just end up laughing.
>>
>>48026949
It was hard as hell not laughing, but holy fuck was it worth it. Not gonna work for a long time after this sadly.
>>
>>48022791

Even if you got lucky enough to draw the tree, and the haste enabler, and the sac outlet, and enough reanimate spells to set the whole table to 13, and triskadekaiphobia in your first 2 turns, and drew the mana rocks to cast them, it isn't even a guaranteed win. Any lifegain (or loss) stops your master plan, spot removal for the haste enabler, the sac outlet, or triska stops you in your tracks, fuck even a simple counterspell stops your combo. The tree has combo potential, and can be powerful in certain builds, but isn't broken or banworthy by a long shot.
>>
>>48025624
Read the oracle text.
>>
>>48025715
Oblivion Stone if you can afford it.
>>
>>48026603
i get rekt consistently by local infinite combo decks and animars

also each game condenses into me putting glacial chasm on to the battlefield and then putting my entire deck into the graveyard, pulling out jarad and centaur vinecrasher, then blowing up everyone.

or just, wild mongrel with rogues passage and dakmor salvage.

no real variance, its just that over and over and over again
>>
File: Gib blood plox.png (125KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Gib blood plox.png
125KB, 223x311px
>>48025184
Playing 1 on 1 with my cousin, Alesha vs Rosheen Hydra Tribal. He had a Heroes' Bane with over 1000 counters, but no way to give it trample, I'm barely hanging on. I topdeck buride alive, start searching for an out. I come across pic related. The game ended with a lot of laughs.
>>
>>48025184
Not funniest but the most satisfying was definitely Primeval Bounty copied with Clever Impersonator

>TWO 3/3's whenever you cast a creature
>SIX (S I X) +1/+1 counters a spell
>SIX (S I X) life for each land

Just so, so satisfying because neither got removed for a few turns and I got so much out of them.
>>
File: raksha.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
raksha.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
Anyone have any good experiences with or against this guy? I'm looking to build a deck for the first time but since lm a special snowflake l want to build something of a more obscure commander, and this guy really peaked my curiosity.

Any flamin hot techs either?
>>
>>48025120
Come on, this one is obviously
「 T H R I L L E R 」
>>
>>48028479
>My wincon is a card that's fucking banned in the format
OK
>>
>>48028510
Oh shit, so it is. I was looking for weird cards and didn't check the list first. Oh well. I'm not using it in any competitive setting. I'll take it out when I go somewhere that actually cares, but I'm likely only using this at casual home games.
>>
>>48028554
>Remove Amulet of Quoz from your deck befoer playing if you're not playing for ante

Are you even reading these fucking cards?
>>
>>48025940
No one wants to help? Rather new to magic, only started a few years ago, so I don't have the greatest knowledge of cards...
>>
>>48028841
try this
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&color=+[R]&text=+[%22double%20that%20damage%22]

mtg gatherer is actually a really useful tool for searching MTG cards
>>
>>48028841
>>48028920
Magiccards.info is another great place to look, as well as edhrec
>>
File: Image.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
This guy comes in and slaps your HP bars ass.

What you do?
>>
>>48028972
Chump block him with tokens.

He is the alternate general of my thrax deck I'm building for when I want to tone it down, though.
>>
>>48028935
Magiccards.info is great because its a simple site that loads fast. I don't think it has Eternal Masters up yet, though, unfortunately.
>>
>>48029006
>equip him with whispersilk cloak

what now nigga?
>>
>>48029015
It doesn't last I checked, which is a shame. Regardless, still a great resource
>>
>>48028920>>48028935
Thank you, very much!
>>
>>48028841
Go to gatherer.com and search "damage" and "double"
>>
I kinda spent the last 4 hours building Gisa and Geralf ill put a real list together later but anything I should consider for secret tech?
>>
>>48024915
>buying expensive cards before proxying
>buying any thing at all before proxying and play testing
>>
>>48029059
>Equipping during combat
There's like 4 cards that let you do that and 2 of them are in white

He also declared blocks already
>>
>>48029235
Rooftop Storm and Conspiracy

Stuff the deck with fucking huge creatures and name Zombie for Conspiracy

Live the dream
>>
>>48025184
>Genesis Waved for most of my deck
>big hits include every fatty plus Ancient Ooze
>Ooze is like 90/90
>Overwhelming Stampede lol
>swing out
>buddy taps one forest
>Fog
>>
File: 216.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
216.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>48023443
There is only one correct answer.
>>
>>48025184
It's not spectacular, but I won off of a Barren Glory once
>>
>>48023165
what's the front of this?
>>
>>48029782
its a meld card

there is two "fronts" a land and red creature
>>
>>48029782
a utility land and a human almost-rabblemaster
>>
>>48029730
I want to build Oros
>>
The relentless faggot returns, gibe honest opinions and advice on my memeoplasm deck please

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-06-16-hFP-mimeoplasm/
>>
>>48025184
>me, Riku and Zedruu FFA game
>turn six
>each of has has about 12 lands in play
>I have Opalescence on the table
>Riku Player controls my Purphoros (which he got from under Zedruu player's Knowledge Pool)
>Zedruu player foolishly exiles his Eternal Dominion exiled under his Knowledge pool
>Riku player looks at the situation and laughs because he knows my deck
>I see it too and laugh too
>Riku player casts a sorcery so he can cast the Eternal Dominion
>he grabs my deck and puts my Parallax Wave under his control
>I can only watch as he uses my wincon combo (Opalescence, Wave, Purphoros) to win on the spot

We agreed that it was one of the craziest games we played.
>>
>>48029910
Why him over the Kaalia of the Timmy, the Angry Orc or the Tranny Leader?
>>
>>48030178
>Eternal Dominion

is my last ditch win condition in my riku spell copy deck.

Eternal dominion copied twice is great.
>>
>>48030178
I just realized that the combo couldn't have worked because the Wave would have gotten returned under my control.

Neither of us noticed.

All three of us are Magic judges.

>>48030249
I am debating whether to put it in my Zedruu / Enduring Ideal deck. It can already mitigate not being able to cast spells somewhat. How often do you win after casting it?
>>
>>48030473
highly dependent on the other persons deck.

Its usually my last ditch effort, so not very often.

its also not a well tuned deck
>>
>>48030473
I mean, I've been playing Magic for 18 years and I didn't know that if a card says "When you cast this do X" that even if you countered said card the effect would still happen
>>
Does anyone know the name of that enchantment that splits the field into a left side and a right side? Or am I imagining a card?
>>
>>48030594
Yeah, shit like that can happen. It gets confusing with mtg sometimes with having to memorize what all cards do. At least etb effects can still be countered right?
>>
>>48030627
yes
>>
>>48030627
on-cast is when you have the spell go on the stack, if its countered the "on-cast" effect still triggers as you did cast the spell, it never resolved, but it was still cast

if the creature is countered, they never leave the stack/never resolve and never enter the battlefield

on-cast is when you have the spell go on the stack
>>
File: raging river.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
raging river.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>48030626
This one?
>>
File: lolipop.png (63KB, 169x127px) Image search: [Google]
lolipop.png
63KB, 169x127px
>>48030666
i really need to proof-read better before I hit submit
>>
File: alan moore.jpg (84KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
alan moore.jpg
84KB, 736x736px
>>48030701
Its not a problem I got what you were saying.
>>
>>48024608

As much as I love my Gisa deck, I think I'm obligated to build the pair. Finally, Rooftop storm the way it was meant to be.
>>
File: 6[1].jpg (52KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
6[1].jpg
52KB, 312x445px
Thinking of playing this guy

How much of a target will I paint on my head?
>>
Anyone ever build a fun Exchange deck? Not Donate, not stealing, just Puca's Mischief and Switcheroos.

What colors beside blue? What pitfalls? Is it fun?

I know stealing really sets people off.
>>
>>48030627
There's things you mistakenly think are according to the rules, but are not; and then there are things you know how they work but yet you still miss them.

I have come to terms with the fact that I will never stop experiencing the latter.
>>
>>48031321
You are just describing a Zedruu deck with more exchange and stealing effects.

The biggest pitfall is that it often requires high level of rules knowledge.
>>
>>48031320
I wouldn't be worried about it too much.

draws cards and doesn't have innate protection or evasion. Annihilator 4 can be tough to deal with, but given its lack of protection it can be removed pretty easily
>>
>>48031388
I was thinking about that. Exchanging is ultimately donating and stealing. And if I don't like giving away Steel Golems or pissing my opponents by killing them with their own permanents, I probably won't like the deck.

Maybe I could try a nongroup hug Zedruu, but one that doesn't lock people out. Donate symmetrical negative effects.
>>
what are some fun spells to hit with mizzix's mastery and epic experiment in ur?
>>
>>48028972
say "ten four" good buddy
>>
>>48031455
Honestly? It's a common knowledge among Zedruu players that stuff like Steel Golem are bad in the deck.

Also, stuff like Humble Defector, Puca's Mischief, Vedalken Plotter, Chromeshell Crab, Perplexing Chimera and Gilded Drake are autoincludes in a Zedruu deck.
>>
>>48031636
Turnabout
Reiterate
Mind's Desire
Time Stretch
Past in Flames
High Tide
>>
>>48031686
I was under the impression that most Zedruu decks won via hard lock. Am I wrong? Steel Golem might've been a bad example since it is an easily sacrificed creature, but do they no longer run similar effects?
>>
>>48031686

Why is steel golem bad in zedruu?

I've seen similar cards used to great effect in zedruu, pyromancer's swath, aggressive mining, etc
>>
>>48031755
Hard lock is one of the many possible Zedruu wincons. The important fact to remember here is that the deck's general is an efficient, synergystic card draw engine, so you can fit in any combo/control wincon you want. Many of them naturally lean towards something pillow-forty, donate-related or chaos-causing.
>>
>>48031817
I think it's basic bitch stuff. The cards are often too risky to play, and can backfire too easily. It's also completely unnecessary. There are already dozens of cards that fuck up your opponents AND give you a benefit before/after donating.
>>
>>48028043
Kemba and Kondas Banner
>>
Any hopes for upcoming commanders in commander 2016 block?

Still hoping for that samurai legendary that uses all samurai colors.
>>
>>48031834
Fair enough. What I mainly wanting to accomplish with this deck is trading "eh" stuff for good stuff. Like a traditional blue black steal deck but with a consolation prize. Trading a Mulldrifter for a Phyrexian Arena, for example.
>>
>>48031882

I don't see the risk unless your opponents are also playing a donate style deck

Pyromancer's swath would be the worst cuz you definitely have to play and donate all in one turn, but for 6 mana, you can take somebody almost completely out of the game, and I'm not understanding the risk, they destroy it before discarding and you're out 6 mana? Not the end of the world

I guess the risk is if your zedruu gets killed in response to playing them, I could see why that would make you prefer not to run cards like that
>>
>>48031817
I posted a little while ago about it, but I had a funny game where the Zedruu player donated me Aggresive Mining and I liked it so much I got one for my deck.
>Playing Slobad
>first couple of turns uneventful, got a Thought Vessel down
>Zedruu plays Aggresive Mining
>I go Gilded Lotus into Scupting Steel copy Lotus
>He donates me Aggresive Mining, I sac a land EOT
>Untap, cast Slobad and a Wurmcoil sac another land
>Next turn sac my last land and Thought Vessel to make Wurmcoil indestructible and Jokulhaups
>Win with Wormcoil beats
Right after I ordered a foil Aggresive Mining for the deck
>>
>>48031893
So, 5 color? What color didn't get samurai?

Oh, blue. Good idea.
>>
>>48031937

Aggressive mining can be good in the right deck, zedruu was retarded for donating it to the artifacts player for sure
>>
>>48031949
Yeah, turns out it's a huge powerhouse, the only problem is it can be hard to remove, with my best option being O Stone or Nev Disk, makes me think about whether it's a good idea to cast it or not. My favorite thing to do with it it use it to delay Impending Disaster so I can take advantage of playings being reluctant to play more lands.
>>
Alright, I'm bored. IF you're interested, tell me your Commander and what the deck does and I'll try to come up with a 「 S T A N D 」name for it.
>>
>>48032900
Iroas, God of Victory
Weenies, Anthems and Keyword-sharing
>>
>>48032900
Godo

Voltron with a lot of extra combat and some MLD & control effects
>>
>>48032954
「 S W E E T V I C T O R Y」

>>48032979
「 B A T T L E C R Y 」
>>
>>48032900
Riku tokens and cloning, particularly dragons, allies, and general RUG goodstuffs.
>>
>>48033050
>>48033067

Saving time. Seems legit.
>>
Fugg why is all the Jund goodstuff so pricey
>>
>>48032900
King Macar, Gold Cursed

Shitloads of removal and boardwipes, and a few Macar combo pieces. Primary focus is on getting Urborg, Cabal Coffers, Crypt Ghast, Shrine to Nyx, and other mana shit to do massive Consume Spirits and other black X cards to kill people.
>>
>>48033096
「 M I R R O R M I R R O R」

>>48033130
「 G O L D D I G G ER」
>>
File: Memedern.png (298KB, 849x383px) Image search: [Google]
Memedern.png
298KB, 849x383px
>>48033111
>>
>>48033155
Oh, welp, that'll do it

Time to find spicy budget tech
>>
>>48032900
Sakashima the Impostor
Copy, clones, and steals EVERYTHING. Deck does nothing on its own and has only six creatures that can survive hitting the battlefield without something else on it.
>>
>>48032900
Tomorrow, Azami's Familiar
Kamigawa Spirit Tribal
Arcane Spells
Symmetrical Draw
Infinite Mana
>>
>>48033191
「 A N Y T H I N G Y O U C A N D O」

Alternatively,

「 S E R I A L I M P O S T E R 」
>>
File: 1466314950409.jpg (80KB, 800x733px) Image search: [Google]
1466314950409.jpg
80KB, 800x733px
>>48025184

>use Sorin's ultimate
>control their turn
>they happen to be playing a re-animation-themed deck
>force them to reanimate Phage the Untouchable and they lose
>>
>>48033191
Oh, or
「 F A U X P H O N Y 」

>>48033225
「 T O M O R R O W C O M E S T O D A Y」
>>
>>48032900
Zirilan. Straightforward hasty Dragon tribal face-fucking. With sac outlets and graveyard shuffling.
>>
>>48033276
>「 T O M O R R O W C O M E S T O D A Y」
nice, thank you
>>
>>48033155
>Might of old Krosa is 9 fucking dollars

Holy shit I should go through my collection
>>
>>48033260
That's amazing.
>>
>>48033282
Come on, man.

「 D R A G O N F O R C E」
>>
If I have a creature equipped with lightning greaves and a player casts divine reckoning am I not able to choose to save my creature due to shroud?
>>
>>48025184
Jackass control player has been fucking with my shit for the last few turns. Stealing my Commander (Meren) to get his shit back, exclusively counterspelling my stuff, bouncing my good shit.

Uses Pact of Negation for the 3rd time in the game.
I quickly take a look at his mana base. He's got 4 source of Blue mana.

I end my turn, resurrect Terastodon, blow up 3 of the guy's Islands.

His turn starts. He loses as he can't pay his pact.
>>
>>48033346
Shit, right in front of my face
>>
>>48033355
No, choosing isn't targeting.
>>
>>48033355
Choosing is not targeting.
>>
>>48033371
No worries.

This is actually really fun. Come on people, give me more!
>>
what are the most fun and unique monocolored commanders in your opinion?
>>
File: 1453150701194.png (225KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1453150701194.png
225KB, 500x500px
>>48025184
>>48033260

>Played Rise of the Dark Realms
>Completely spaced out my opponent had Phage on his graveyard
>was too busy laughing at my own idiocy and let myself lose and not rescind what I casted
>>
>>48033470
Odric 1.0 is very fun for me. Few things give you that kind of control over combat
>>
>>48027469
I kind of realized the same thing. Optimal pepe builds are pretty boring, but he's pretty fucking efficient
>>
>>48033470
I think Zada is pretty amazing
>>
>>48033581
Is Zada just CombatTricks.dec?
>>
>>48033155
Surprised that Inkmoths haven't skyrocketed yet to $50+.
>>
>>48031402
Kozi can get pretty spooky because it's fairly easy to get infinite mana in the deck which makes killing the guy pointless as he'll just draw more cards every time you do.
>>
>Bitterblossom is $35
What the fuck even plays this

Do people just own it for the iconic art?
>>
>>48033643
Bitter blossom is one of those cards that can never be cheapened.
>>
>>48033600
As well as some other hilarity like Fiery Gambit.
Nothing like counting all the Goblins you control, then rolling a fistfull of dice.
>>
>>48033670
Like Damnation, Force of Will and Liliana of the Veil?
>>
>>48033719
FoW and LotV are both format staples, Bitterblossom is a card for a niche tribal deck and Damnation isn't played except for EDH
>>
>>48032900
>>48033226
>>48033276
Thanks, Standanon!
>>
File: 1323018978376.png (101KB, 201x216px) Image search: [Google]
1323018978376.png
101KB, 201x216px
>>48033673
holy shit that's hilarious
>mfw imagining dropping Chandra's Ignition on Zada with a field full of Goblins
I want to drop that fucking nuke now, gonna go build Zada
>>
>>48033812
Unless you made them indestructible it'd be a lot less fun than you think, since after one or two of them your whole board would be blown up from the global damage.
>>
>>48032900
Glissa the Traitor
Artifact combo, reaanimator, sac goodstuff, with stuff that plays off her deathtouch and death triggers EVERYWHERE. Strictly a group deck, not enough dying happens 1v1, unless their deck is built like that, such as Meren.
>>
>>48032900
Merchesa, the black rose
Reanimate grixis control won all games with even playing her few times. Runs oona for lulz
>>
>>48033875
Oh pish posh, it's Goblins, they're expendable

And just THINK about the damage
>>
>>48033888
「 T H E C Y B O R G S L A Y E R S」

>>48033903
Oh man, easy.

「 K I L L E R Q U E E N」
>>
If I play notion thief and then my next turn sphinxs tutelage effect takes place do I win the game?
>>
>>48033991
This is cute.
>>
>>48033991

Are you just pretending to be retarded?
>>
File: Scarykira.png (890KB, 500x742px) Image search: [Google]
Scarykira.png
890KB, 500x742px
>>48033926
Now that's not fair, 「 K I L L E R Q U E E N 」 is already a Stand.
>>
>>48033991
...what?
>>
File: 1NRkIZH.png (129KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
1NRkIZH.png
129KB, 223x311px
What the fuck, the flavor on this is out of fucking control
>>
>>48034056
Yeah, but it's perfect.

Fine.

「 S U R R E N D E R T H E T H R O N E 」

「 T H E B L A C K Q U E E N」

「 S H E ' S T H E Q U E E N 」
>>
>>48033925
As someone who has pulled that combo off, it's easy to have 40+ power on the board and just kill everyone.
>>
>>48034195
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but doesn't it just rapidly fall off if you cast it, since each of your creatures starts to kill the next each time one resolves?
>>
>>48033643
I think its grear card and its strong for defense
I run two in my modern discard deck. Want one more mostly bcuz one is spanish the other is in chinese. Won some good games and buz of it 2
>>
>>48033925
...that's the problem.

Say you have Zada, and a team of X/1 creatures. As soon as the first copy resolves, the rest of your goblins die, and none of the Ignitions that WERE targeting them happen.
>>
>>48034233
Oh right. The stack.

Never mind then

Still gonna build Zada though, I have a Purphoros deck that I could convert and my group would probably enjoy it more
>>
>>48033991
Wait, what? There's like zero interaction here
>>
>>48034233
>>48034257
Oh. Fuck, I'm retarded. No one I've ever played with has caught that. I feel bad now. Oh well, my ignition still has a good home in Kresh
>>
File: 1324420924656.jpg (31KB, 310x322px) Image search: [Google]
1324420924656.jpg
31KB, 310x322px
>>48034350
Mine is in Godo

>dropping it while Godo is equipped with a Basilisk Collar and Argentum Armor
>>
>>48031320
He is probably the least threatening of the Titans to show up with as a commander to be honest. If they see you rocking either version of Ulamog then they know you want to fuck shit up, if they see you with New Kozilek you might draw aggro simply because nobody likes being countered constantly and if you show up with New Emrakul as commander then what the fuck you piece of shit that ain't even out yet. Also I would be incredibly suspicious of any deck running New Emrakul as commander.
>>
>>48034412
Ugin's Nexus is pretty tech in Newmrakul.
>>
>>48034412
I've actually heard that Kozi is better than either Ulamog since the removal is less relevant than drawing 4 cards. Also New'mrakul going to be great just for the fact that it has a Mindslaver stapled onto it, and it already fits in Eldrazi builds
>>
File: 15800.jpg (490KB, 1000x1383px) Image search: [Google]
15800.jpg
490KB, 1000x1383px
>>48025184
>about 8 turns in to a crazy six man game
>playing prossh and have to combo off next turn or I die
>opponents blow up my gilded lotus, pretty sure I can't win next turn
>untap, topdeck a necropotence
>land drop, mana rock, necro for 25, move to end step, cards go to hand
>before discard, final fortune that I drew into
>discard, untap, drop a squandered resources, combo off with chancellor of the forge + craterhoof for thousands of damage evenly across the board
>jin-gitaxias player cyclonic rifts it really smugly
>red blast countersmugly
>mana screwed guy in the corner who hasn't done much this game fogs
I couldn't be mad about it, it was just too funny. Especially flavor wise- I put all these resources into a crazy combo foiled by something as simple as thick mist. Died on the the end step from final fortune. I guess the flavor text is right.
>>
File: 1327603227318.png (10KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1327603227318.png
10KB, 400x400px
>that new Hanweir meld duo in Zada
Oh that'll be fun
>>
>>48034526
Kozilek is better than either Ulamog but it's a question of how most players see threat at the start of the game. Kozilek 'feels' vanilla, you could be running any old colorless deck with him it. On the other hand if people see you with an Ulamog in the command zone then they immediately know that you're here to ramp as quickly as possible and hit as many people with Ulamog as possible because why else would you run Ulamog?
And I'm aware Newmrakul is great which is why I said I'd be suspicious of it. Showing up with Newmrakul as a commander is basically announcing 'hey guys, guess how much of this deck is devoted around milking mindslaver effects?'
>>
>>48034555

Top lel good story
>>
>>48034405
That's spicy. I've thrown a tainted strike on Kresh right before ignition for maximum salt.
>>
>>48034618
I was considering Grafted Exoskeleton but that would probably be the final straw with that deck. They would really hate me, it's one of the stronger decks in the group
>>
We're autosaging, should we make a new thread?
>>
>>48034571

How do you build your deck to milk Mindslaver effects besides running Mindslaver and newmrakul?
>>
>>48034827
Throw the deck in the trash and build Daretti.
>>
>>48025712
did he want to sac his stasis or something?
>>
>>48034776
New thread
>>>48034884
>>
File: Fiery Gambit.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Fiery Gambit.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>48034350
>>48034257
>>48034233
What? How so? Deal 6 to each opponent.
>>
>>48034899

Fail

I gotchu though

>>48034884
>>
File: stand or fall.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
stand or fall.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
>>48030668
there is another one as well.
>>
>>48025184
>Playing Experiment Kraj because reasons.
>+1/+1 Counters, Activated Creature abilities, Combo deck
>Everyone takes one look at my commander and dismisses me as a scrub. (probably right)
>Get targeted for Bribery
>"I literally have no idea what to get out of your deck, how do you win with this random crap?"
>Kraj gains Krosan Restorer's Threshold ability to untap three lands, already has the ability to untap itself for one blue from another creature.
>Infinite Mana and Infinite Damage.

I haven't played Kraj for a long time (since Ravnica block) and haven't played MTG since Odyssey was in standard. That game got me back into Magic and I only improved enough to play Roon. :D
>>
>>48033434
Darien suicide white

jade monolith + soul sisters = tons of dudes/life, nothing is allowed to die
>>
>>48024400
Brago's like a couple bucks at most. If you really want one, just order one with a couple other bulk cards.
>>
>>48026063
Mimeoplasm.
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.