[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So you've got Gondor's soldiers or Saruman's Uruk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: minas-morgul-orcs.jpg (176KB, 1265x624px) Image search: [Google]
minas-morgul-orcs.jpg
176KB, 1265x624px
So you've got Gondor's soldiers or Saruman's Uruk Hai who are all armed with a standard set of weapons all of the same make and dimensions and uniform. Not very much diversity of force it's almost all just swordmen, spearmen, and archers.

And then you've got Mordor's orcs with all kinds of crazy shit and no two orc having the same kind of sword or armor and everyone generally looking like they either hand crafted or looted what they had. A variety of weapons axes, maces, scimitars, scythes and everything in between and stuff that doesn't even have a name.

Which army is supposed to do better?
>>
>>47997297
Do what better?
>>
The one that knows best how to use their weapons in conjunction with their brothers at arms. A variety of weapons means nothing if the army isn't organized. It might give an advantage in unpredictability, but that's about it.
>>
>>47997337
Fight wars
>>
>>47997348
That's not always true you need to remember logistics the uruks don't need supply lines cos they are killing machines the humans need supply lines badly and the orcs scavenge fucking everything so they are really an autonomous military force.
>>
>>47997359
See my other post it just depends
>>47997359
>>
>>47997387
The Uruks turned to cannibalism when the rations ran out.

Even Sauron required lines of supply, the book mentions vast slave fields offscreen that fed Mordors armies.
>>
>>47997297
Depends on who has better training and experience, honestly.
>>
>>47997405
Like give me an example
>>
>>47997419
But the uruks can go for a longer period before falling to disassembly compared to humans .
>>
>>47997387
I'm not saying scavenging for their weapons is a disadvantage in terms of supply. I'm just saying an army that has uniform weapons and the tactics to use them will be better in terms of effectiveness.
>>
>>47997359
>Fight wars

Not every war is the same. There are a lot of different kinds of wars, where different things might be more or less important.
>>
>>47997587
>Op can't into Art of War
>Recognizing dat terrain
>Following the shih
>>
>>47997297
The Uruk Hai were indeed, one on one, better than Sauron's orcs. Hence why the fellowship was so surprised that they were running around during the day, and other shit that Mordor orcs weren't capable of.
An Uruk Hai (Or a soldier of Gondor) was worth 10 Mordor orcs, but the problem was there were 11 orcs.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.