[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Lovecraftian horror style enemy that absorbs people. >If

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

>Lovecraftian horror style enemy that absorbs people.
>If you get absorbed, you will be trapped inside of its mind while being trapped inside your own, kinda like inception.
How can you make this a horrifying bbeg from this concept?
>>
>>47985034
By awkwardly trying to reinvent The Thing with a slightly different headcanon?
>>
>>47985034
Rip off the freddy krueger movies but play them straight.
>>
>>47985034
Make the lovecraftian horror have a very human shape, behavior and personality, and we're right on the horror side.
Even better: it can change shape to the absorbed person's shape, essentially turning into its victims complete with personality and behavior and maybe partial memories. And the mind-prisoners are forced to watch as the changeling warden ruins their lives.
>>
>>47985034
Did you not just make a horrifying bbeg from this concept?

people are fighting something that absorbs them and traps them forever in some weird nega-place, to torment themselves with pain and madness so yeah, that' spretty bad

i mean if you want a bbeg what do i know

make it put on a tophat and an evil moustache?
>>
>>47985034
Isn't that basically what Alex Mercer was in Prototype?
>>
>>47986010
Yes but his victims are very well dead.
>>47985995
I think OP mean't more about what the creatures plans are and how it is affecting the world around it rather than just what it is.
>>
>>47985034
>How can you make this a horrifying bbeg from this concept?
like this
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-2521
>>
This is a priori a character-driven thing, so it really depends on your players' characters. In my opinion, it can't be successfully implemented in a one-shot adventure. You need a big chunk of character backstory for the monster to work, as you can't just describe what didn't happen in the game and make your players care about it. If PCs fucked up in the past, and had some regrets, remind them about it. Do you know your players well? Even better. Fuck with their phobias. If a player is afraid of spiders, make the creature's true form spider-like. They're afraid to drown? Make it so the act of consuming a person's mind would feel and look like sumbersion into some kind of liquid, and the closer the monster to consuming a character, the more liquid there is in his dreams.

Also, the idea itself can cause you some problems. People play PnP RPGs to affect the world, not just sit there and listen to GM describing things. Make sure that even a person that is consumed by the creature can somehow affect the creature itself and their own fate. Maybe genuine repentance (and good roleplaying) will slow the proccess, or hurt the creature somehow. Maybe overcoming character's (or even player's) own fears can help escape the captivity.

This is what I can come up with at this moment. Horror is really hard to execute properly, so if you're unsure in your abilities, start with something simpler. And read that "how 2 horror" pdf by /tg/, it has some useful stuff.
>>
>>47988629
Can you give a link to said pdf? Google isn't giving me much.
>>
>>47988788
I'm on the tablet right now so I don't have it, sorry broheim.

You can look up suptg archives though. It's ought to be in one of the threads.
>>
>>47988818
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=horror
Forgot the link. Oh, I see some good threads there too, so even if you don't find it some stuff there is sure going to be useful.
>>
File: crocodile smile.jpg (76KB, 634x286px) Image search: [Google]
crocodile smile.jpg
76KB, 634x286px
>>47985034
Make the players lose their gear when they incept.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.