[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm an avid player of the table-top, and recently I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_nzsmuuonqp1qjj7v9o1_1280.jpg (458KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzsmuuonqp1qjj7v9o1_1280.jpg
458KB, 1280x1707px
I'm an avid player of the table-top, and recently I have been playing alot of Fallout 4 so my mind has gotten to where it wants to blend them together. So I have this Idea for a campaign. I was thinking of a place that would have been a shit hole before the war happen and I chose California, Thought this would be a good place to make the Raiders hold some true power in a region.

So after the war powerful Raiders now hold large chunks of land in California each ran by their own Raider Lord, and as raiders they via for control over turf constantly with what ever means that may be unique to that group.

So my question is, what kind of Raider groups/Bosses would you be interested in seeing in a campaign like this?

I feel like there is a good story hidden deep in this idea but Im unsure how to bring it out.
>>
>>47934398
Hate to rain on your parade, but in Fallout canon, California is mostly under control of the New California Republic, with the only real exceptions being a few military bases and bunkers the Brotherhood of Steel controls. This isn't just something made up for Fallout New Vegas, it's been canon since Fallout 1 and 2.
>>
>>47934634
That is something I did not know about, but makes since not that you say it. What about New mexico or texas? Or any similar state that may be a good place to choose.
>>
>>47935110
Texas would probably be your best bet.

I think New Mexico is also partly under the control of the NCR.
>>
>>47935110
Please play Fallout 2 first before making your TTRPG.

Mostly because it's pretty much that instead of a first person shooter.
>>
>>47935122
>>47935110
Texas and New Mexico would be home o probably Caesar's Legion, and Mormon tribes, respectively. Probably raider settlements too, but those two are bigger players in the midwest, until you get to NCR territory near the Nevada border.

That is, if texas isnt the same hurricane-sized tornado hellhole that the rest of tornado alley is.
>>
I can understand your misguided views on post apocalypse economics considering the game that is fallout 4.

Basically, you can't have just raiders. If a society consists of just raiders they are actually considered a warlord society. You can call them tribes, gangs, factions, warbands etc... But raiders they are not.

To be raiders there must be something to raid. Some kind of sustainable prey society that the raider faction targets.

Fallout 1 had it right, there was a gang of raiders that attacked shady sands and other settlements.

Fallout 4 is garbage where raiders outnumber primary producers 10 to 1.

What you want is warring gangs in a post apocalypse setting.

Might I suggest having the area you choose be Detroit?
>>
>>47935201
Texas is probably free of the Legion. They are mostly in Arizona and New Mexico. As well as up into Utah and Colorado.

Texas is probably partly free of the super storms, and they'd mostly have died down by late 2200s I imagine.

That said, I think OP would be better off setting it up in the North East. New York probably. Though it's kinda squished between the two canon areas of Boston and D.C.
>>
>>47935256
Well, the Raiders in Fallout 4 are oftentimes producers in their own way. There's slavers, gunsmiths, drug manufacturers. There's even proper "raider" towns like Libertalia. The term raider would be more apt as just gangster, though realistically they're just any outwardly hostile wasteland dwellers.

There are also plenty of farms and settlements all over the Boston area.
>>
>>47935256
Detroit is run by packs of giant, irradiated feral dogs.

They hang around whichever bandit groups leave them food, and tear them apart eventually too. Brotherhood landed there if i recall, and the dogs learned to go for the knee and elbow joints in power armor.

You'd honestly be best doing a fallout setting in your own home area, 50's style, and with nuclear cars.
>>
>>47935338
Not nearly enough farms near Boston to support the raiders, let alone super mutants

And what do the children of the Atom eat anyway?

The setting is garbage, raiders are just bullet fodder for the pc
>>
>>47935359
That's Denver isn't it?
>>
>>47935380
Eh, I don't take the game as a one for one representation of what the setting is actually like. Simply because they couldn't realistically populate it with enemies to NPCs in the way that Fallout 1/2 did because it's an open world game. Bethesda has had this problem since Oblivion, and even a little into Morrowind.
>>
>>47934398
>I'm an avid player of the table-top
""""the table-top"""""
>>
>>47935419
Its interesting that fallout new Vegas did not have this problem

The factions were more than just bullet fodder
>>
>>47935391
I couldve sworn it was detroit. Denver was Cyberdogs. The BoS finally gets an airship across the midwest, sends a team to detroit, the dogs figure their shit out within a couple days and the bandits get the loot.
>>
Before you do anything Fallout related, please pay 1, 2, 3 and New Vegas too, at the very least.

Don't worry, they're all good games, but Fallout 4 alone is not a good starting out point for anything.
>>
>>47935643
>3
>>
>>47935875
atleast 3 had a fucking karma system then we have what every the fuck the abomination 4 was
>>
>>47935567
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Denver

Denver is literally Dog City.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.