[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your character has just been challenged by his/her rival to a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 0389_1.jpg (631KB, 1492x2032px) Image search: [Google]
0389_1.jpg
631KB, 1492x2032px
Your character has just been challenged by his/her rival to a belt-fight, or "Spänna Bälte" as it's known.

"The challenge was thus, that one fighter pulled his knife and asked his enemy 'how much cold iron his gut could withstand'. The answer was: 'Well, I can withstand as much you can'. The challenger measured off a piece of his knife's blade while threatening: "I shall carve you up, and sun and moon shall shine on your remains'. Subsequently the blades were wrapped with leather straps below the mark, shirts were discarded, and fighters with raised arms and knives at the ready grabbed each other with the left hand on his enemy's right elbow. In this way, standing chest against chest, bareheaded and bare to the waist, they were either tied together with a belt tightened around both of them, or their belts hitched together, so that no fighter could tear themselves away from the other. Then began the battle of life and death, in which it boiled down to warding off the enemy's blows with your left had, while trying to free your right hand to cut your enemy. This bloody game continued until one of the fighters fell, and the winner became 'mightily respected among kin and foe alike'."

Would your character survive this brutal duel?
>>
Pretty good, yeah.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym0hZG-zNOk
I got this shit. Got the theme music and everything.
>>
>>47783720
ah crap replace "elbow" with "wrist". It's hella difficult to translate from ye olde swedish to modern english

The swedish wiki page on Spänna Bälte if anyone's interested
https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sp%C3%A4nna_b%C3%A4lte
>>
>>47783760

Nice to see I'm not the only one thinking of turning this into a dance off.
>>
>>47783720
My current character is infamous for taking an unconscious foe and hitting another foe with him. He also has poisonous blood, that works as a nerve gas: it's volatile and whoever breathes it has a chance of getting paralyzed.

He also has regeneration, super strenght and a lot of advantages that help him grapple his enemies better.

There are few who would survive a Spänna Bälte against him.
>>
>>47783720
He's stronger than an ogre and has survived losing more blood in the span of 24 hours than most people do over years.
Unless he's going up against >>47783887 I think he'll do just fine.
>>
>>47783720
No guts.

Or wrists.
>>
My character has DR 5/- so a piddly little dagger ain't gonna do shit. So unless the dude has +2 or more strength modifier I will not be in danger of getting hurt anyway short of a critical hit.
>>
Four arms. Nuff said.
>>
>>47783720
My PC sold her soul for the chance to earn a position among Hell's legions. Most of her powers are a charming wit and stealing souls from the dying, but she also can't die from anything other than a sacred weapon. So unless dude got his knife ritually blessed for the fight she should be okay. But man is he gonna carve her up at first given her crappy stats for melee stuff.
>>
My character in a recent session helped save her Nemesis's life, embraced her soul and help her piece back together her broken psyche.
After something as intimate as embracing another's soul, I doubt either of them could find any of their old enmity to have such a duel.
>>
>>47783720
My character is a Dwarven Barbarian born with almost insane levels of Strength and Constitution and rage.

His largest feat is getting a Ancient Green Dragon into a Tail lock then slamming him into the ground as he tries to escape, all the while the green dragon spews acid breath everywhere.

His Second Largest feat is picking up a Fire Giants Axe and beheading said Fire giant with it and then carrying it for 2 sessions before selling it to the Dwarves who told our party to clear out the Giant.
>>
My character's Nemesis is one of the nobles in the town they live in. The bastard has ben causing him arseache for pretty much the entire campaign. He would be nicer to the big-bad of the campaign than this prick.

As such my character would leap at the chance, knowing that a mid level aristocrat is going to stand no chance against a high level adventurer, even if that high level adventurer isn't terribly combat focused. And that's assuming he plays it straight, if he can use his spells, then buffity buffity, the nobles gonna die painfully.
>>
>>47783720
Bare chested, my PC had DR 4. Assuming the knives have no penetration, she'll probably win handily.

Assuming it's a stiletto or something, she'll still probably stomp because she had strength mod +6 and dexterity mod+ 3. Pretty ded ard.
>>
>>47783720
>My character is a fully grown man, and a paramilitary member to top the cake.
>Rival is a little bratty girl.

I think I'd manage.
>>
>>47783720
>Abrupt Jaunt
>Drop a summoned creature from amulet
>Wail on target with touch attack reserve feat while a massive praying mantis chomps the guy's dick off
Yeah, I'm going to be fine.
>>
Sounds gay as fuck. Plus I already shot my rival and kicked him off a pirate ship.
>>
I'm a thick-skinned half-breed. Literally thick skin. I'll just specify that each of our knives only has a quarter inch of blade. It's time for death by a thousand cuts.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.