[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of drinks do your serving wenches serve in the places

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 15

What kind of drinks do your serving wenches serve in the places the PCs visit?

>Blackroot stout with a drop of dragon's blood
>Sundew Champagne with Treant Syrup
>Dryad Gruit
>Pelor Trappist Monk Glowing Ale
>100-Distilled Weirdstone Whiskey
>>
>>47741759
Postions that turn them into more cute waitresses
>>
File: aliens drank my beer.jpg (63KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
aliens drank my beer.jpg
63KB, 640x640px
>>47741759
>Elf Wine
>Dwarf ale
>Human Beer
>Halfling Sherry

They're made out of these races.
>>
File: Tavern_img_400.jpg (186KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Tavern_img_400.jpg
186KB, 400x400px
>>47741759
>Beer

What? This is a day in age where people didnt travel more than 20 miles in their whole lives. You make what you had, for your pub. Whats export and import?
>>
>>47742031
Well sure, but a village could have some interesting shit very close by. I'm not saying the whole empire has to have mass-produced alcoholic beverages, but coming across a forested village in a dale and what kind of strange drinks might one find?
>>
>>
>>47742045
Beer, ale, fruit wine and mead.

What the fuck do you think?

Fucking villagers are going to start jacking off Goblins into their cups of Ale to enhance the flavor?

Its almost always specific to what the region has on hand.

>Lots of trees around, maybe Sassafras
Congrats, fucking Rootbeer, literal root-BEER

>Open fields good for bees
Congrats, meed all year round

>Fruit country
YAY! APPLEJACK AND WINE!

Fucking nobody is going to put fucking blood of any kind into their drink, nobody is going to buy the weird fucking green glowing draft from the hooded dude who smells like he hasn't showered ever, and sure as shit nobody is going to drink a bitters from a Dryad.
>>
>>47742778
nofunallowed.tga
>>
>>47741759
Grog.
Diet Grog.
Cherry Grog.
Grog Classic.
Caffeine Free Grog.
Near Grog - a non alcoholic variant.
Lite Grog - like real grog, only without the taste, calories, or debilitating blackouts.
And, of course, Banang.
>>
>>47742778
You do know what the definition of fantasy is right?
>>
>>47742031
In that game, I actually got a town up and running. After a while I reached about 300 people, and the town pumped out a 400 fuckbarrels full of cherry mead per year. You could have had a cherry booze pipeline to the trading post, man. It was beautiful
>>
>>47743222
What, no Vanilla Grog?
>>
>>47741759
Fey milk fresh from the Forrest!
(It's actually "milked" from male fey)
>>
File: 1413759321290.png (67KB, 332x300px) Image search: [Google]
1413759321290.png
67KB, 332x300px
>>47741759
>What kind of drinks do your serving wenches serve in the places the PCs visit?

I don't know, because I don't visit alcohol ridden whorehouses.
>1090 AD
>Not resting at a respectable monestary
>Not refunding the monks for the costs of your stay and giving them a small donation before you leave
>Actually wasting money on overpriced shlock served by borderline prostitutes
>>
>>47743488
>alcohol ridden
a church would probably offer wine to weary travellers
>>
>>47742031
>>47743387
whats this game sounds awsome
>>
File: Annie Leonhardt Sparring.png (2MB, 700x921px) Image search: [Google]
Annie Leonhardt Sparring.png
2MB, 700x921px
>Sap cider
Made from the sap of a particular species of tree. The sap naturally ferments due to yeast on the bark.

>Dog milk
Drunk by scumbags, penniless fools, and the dog riders of the Guido Grasslands, this stuff is fermented into an alcoholic beverage inside specially-carved logs. Those not used to it will end up with diarrhea.

>Bumblemead
Made by a species of nomadic plant that resembles a red-and-black bumblebee the size of a rabbit, this mead is what they use to feed their seedlings. Tastes like a cross between cherries and honey, plus it's super hard to collect and therefore quite expensive.

>Leechweed wine
Villainous stuff! Leechweed is an obligate root hemiparasite, its sotlons and rhizomes spreading outward as it latches onto the roots of every plant within several miles. Its fruit resembles a citrus shaped like a tomato; the rinds are removed and the nasty-ass flesh brewed into a gross sort of wine. Cathinone can be found in the rind; perceptive addicts have figured that out and grind flakes of the rind into the wine.
>>
>>47742778
This. I came here to pretty much said this but in a gentler manner.
>>
>>47744007
Banished. One of the comfiest city builders around. You'll probably starve horribly.
>>
>>47743387
>400 fuckbarrels full of cherry mead
That sounds delicious!

>>47744110
Jesus, we got an expert here. I would only drink the Bumblemead from that list.
>>
>>47741759

Gorillion types of beer and some schnapps If you order a wine you are called a frenchman or an elf.
>>
>>47743488

You know monks were responsible for making wine and beer for centuries right? They invented most of the beer types too. Some german monasteries even had a papal bull issued enabling them to drink as much beer they wanted, even during fasting. Some belgian monasteries continue brewing premium beer to this day.
>>
>>47743380
Yes:
>they have drinks made of liquid elementium condensed with basilik eye liquid and drops of elder space travelling air fey demon devil angel god dragon blood with fermented magical earth from outer planes of existence
B-but you said elementium is a mineral... so h-how can you drin-
>WELL IM SORRY MR NO FUN ALLOWED GEEZ ITS FANTASY YOU BORING "Create an internally consistent, logical and realistic world" WANNABE!
>>
>>47746297
Are you autistic?
>>
>>47746297
Do you need someone to help you get back to bed?
>>
>>47741759
Beer and Ale, mostly of poor quality given that the limited secure farming land is primarily taken up for the production of necessities.

When your life is a perpetual seige, it doesn't really leave much opportunity to go looking for high quality arable land. And those that do generally don't last long. If there's one thing the Orc hordes love more than violent rampaging murder-fests, it's doing so while offensively drunk on someone else's grog.
>>
Traditionally and historically people have flavoured their ales with all kinds of shit, like chicory, pine/spruce needles or lavender. This isn't some weird new-fangled thing.
>>
File: 357_large.jpg (89KB, 704x629px) Image search: [Google]
357_large.jpg
89KB, 704x629px
>>47741759
Fresh batches of ale, paid with stories of your travels. Villages don't have an inn, but they'll treat you better.

Millet beer and palm-sap beer at not!Africa.

The island nagas have rum.

Elven brandy.

The devil's drink: buckets of samogon laced with red pepper. Made by dwarfs for dorfs.

Fermented warg milk is the finest choice for the savage hobgoblin.

Dwarves flavor their wine with lead and bat-wing powder.
>>
>autistic simulationists complaining that "x" don't real
>people just listing froofy names
I find it best if fantasy food and drink is only one step away from reality. A frame of reference goes a long way. Fermented dragon's blood is all well and good but without a description of what that tastes like you might as well say it's distillation of the color blue. So start normal and build towards the fantasy. Maybe the elves make a frangelico analogue that uses -not hazelnuts- that give it a cinnamon finish.
>>
>>47746297
Are you implying that you can't ingest minerals? Because it sounds like you're implying that. Which is beyond stupid, and that's saying something considering the amount of stupid you're spouting.
>>
Milk.

A joke that has gone on for years and it still hasn't quite gotten stale when the massive 7 foot tall barbarian ask the wench for a glass of the houses most unpasteurized dairy product.
>>
>>47750058
>unpasteurized
So manly!
>>
I feel like food descriptions are fucking retarded and a waste of time.

>you drink the local beer/meal
Who cares what it is
>>
The continent where most of my games are set has:
>Lager
>Mead
>Gin
>Wine
>Screech
>>
>>47750109
That's nice dear
>>
>>47750117
>screech
it's just cliffracer milk/excretions
>>
File: PunisherPsychTest.jpg (92KB, 461x779px) Image search: [Google]
PunisherPsychTest.jpg
92KB, 461x779px
>>47750093
Clearly he didn't become an adventurer to play it safe.
>>
>>47750109
Well, you sound boring.
>>
>>47750236
I'd take that to actual screech.
>>
>>47749986
Anon does mention that it's a mineral and solid, so it is likely has a crystalline structure and high associated melting point. Note that it's in liquid form and not dissolved, so it implies an illogical drink that required random magic handwaving.
>>
>>47742031
>What? This is a day in age where people didnt travel more than 20 miles in their whole lives
a person could walk 20 miles at a casual pace in a single day
>>
>>47742778

>Fucking villagers are going to start jacking off Goblins into their cups of Ale to enhance the flavor?

Really wanna make that hgame now.
>>
>>47741759
There aren't any, not since the God of Wine was murdered. Being the divine personification of the concept of "alcoholic beverage," his death essentially both enacted and enforced a global Prohibition.
>>
File: 1430795872735.jpg (39KB, 500x422px) Image search: [Google]
1430795872735.jpg
39KB, 500x422px
>>47749456
I want this play with this anon.
>>
>>47744007
Banished; the starvation simulator
>>
>>47743488
That respectable monastery is full of fat, drunk monks.

>>47748667
It's nowhere near the extent that it's been since the widespread adoption of mixed drinks during prohibition.
>>
>>47741759
Beer - Just like real life, it's everywhere.

Mead - Can't go a hundred metres without seeing another cluster of skeps by the roadside. Honey is very common.

Dwarf Fungus Brew - Despite few Dwarves being around, often keeping to their own lands, their fungus-based drinks have spread far and wide.
Though the recipe has been altered over and over so now days it's more like stout with a hint of mushroom in lieu of the Sugar Spore Amber of the original.

Elven Spirits - Whilst Elves are great lovers of wine, it's mostly other races wine they drink.
Spirits are the true pride and joy of of the Elven alcohol industry, though they have a strong beer industry also.
Most taverns keep at least a few bottles on hand.

'Sundew Spring' and 'Creeper-root River' - Ever since the walking forest finally opened their borders, their reclusive Fae have been travelling far and wide.
They rarely drink anything but these specific drinks, collected from their own sources deep in the forests at locations they refuse to divulge.
Taverns on their travelling routes are kept supplied by the Fae personally and are paid in advance for this.
To these Fae there are subtle flavours that they can allegedly identify the sources and age, even know if the tavern has altered it.
Everyone else who has ever had any just calls it water.
Taverns however a well paid so they generally avoid souring relations by trying to cheat them.

Goblin travellers are very common across the mainland and normally drink whatever is avaliable. Taverns close to their labyrinthine mountain home though will stock 'Goblin Drinks'.
Trust me, just don't try any.

'Coffee' and 'Tea' - These foreign drinks, traded for with the Caledonian Empire, don't contain any alcohol. These are very important drinks over there and are slowly spreading in popularity here as well.
Because the ingredients are stored dry for years if need be, they are easy to store away for long periods.
>>
File: Scorpion Tequila.jpg (38KB, 525x797px) Image search: [Google]
Scorpion Tequila.jpg
38KB, 525x797px
>>47753421
Also, there are a few drinks that make up the rare imports from Drow lands.
Generally they are very powerful Spirits with some extra ingredient which rumour holds is spider venom.
Also don't be surprised by the little spider in the bottle, that's allegedly a sign of quality.
>>
>>47741759
Vodka.

It doesn't matter what they're ordering. It doesn't matter where they're ordering. When? Why? Who? How? DOESN'T MATTER.

They're getting vodka.
>>
>>47741759
Ale and roofies
>>
>>47743488
>What is the blood of christ
>>
>>47750109
I feel like combat descriptions are fucking retarded and a waste of time.

>you fight the monster/person
Who cares what it is
>>
>>47743488
>mfw the faggots who reply to threads like these with DEUS VULT and spammed crusader memes don't actually know fucking shit about the history of the church
>inb4 m-muh heresy
>>
>>47744110
>the dog riders of the Guido Grasslands
So, halflings, I guess? Gnomes?
>>
"Potions of Blur":
Vodka, Red Bull, and a shitton of 151
>>
Much of humanity lives on very small tracts of land, bubbled asteroids and things like that. As a result, the most popular alchoholic drinks are a weird mead done with honey and potatoes, and beer, usually spiced and sweetened with honey, or fruit if it's higher grade. There are fruit wines and stuff, but they're generally reserved for the affluent, since produce is kind of hard to come by.
>>
>>47742778

>nobody is going to put fucking blood of any kind into their drink

Come to Canada, where tree blood is our national condiment.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.