[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 467
Thread images: 105

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Warlock is best Vigilante edition.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Ultimate Equipment Errata (updated 5/19): http://paizo.com/products/btpy8tmc?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Ultimate-Equipment

Please search for the unerrata'd content here: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread: >>47532780
>>
File: Endeca7.png (362KB, 1058x856px) Image search: [Google]
Endeca7.png
362KB, 1058x856px
Reposting from last thread: Hey all, I just wanted to let people know that the first book of Steelforge is now out for non-Patreon backers, up on DriveThruRPG and dreamscarred.com.

Thanks again for all the effort that the anons here have put in for playtesting this and other projects. It's great to see this thing finally get released.
>>
Is gelatinous cube a bad idea for a 1st level party? They have to explore sewers to get to the first dungeon and I am thinking,it's dark, they won't be able to see far, and will be navigating slowly. Going to do some shit where they feel like they are being stalked then a gelatinous cube shows up when they are in a dead end. I even bought the 5e miniature for it so I can put absorbed characters inside the mini.

There are 6 of them with decently powergamed characters, I want to cut them down a size because in our other campaigns they basically breeze through encounters.
>>
>>47541953
Just foreshadow stuff so you can have a believable case for a heroic rescue in case it TPKs them and you will be fine. Nothing worse that seeing that the DM is pulling punches because he overestimated the party capabilities.
>>
File: 1414405994012.gif (867KB, 242x213px)
1414405994012.gif
867KB, 242x213px
How much should we (poorfags) panic for the disappearance of Volcanohound, QANON and all the likes?
>>
>>47542122
Wasn't QANON around yesterday?
>>
>>47542122
Markiplier describes his penis.gif.

QAnon is seeing about working with some guy from the site 4 doors down.
>>
>>47542034

Well the thing is so easy to hit that once it's killed 2 PC's (if it does) I'll just have it die on the next hit. Honestly if no one dies that's fine, I just want the thing to absorb someone so I can use the miniatures Goddamn function. The frontman in the group has a 19 AC and the cube's only got + 2 to hit. So it will have to charge or just overrun the party.

I will at least do some foreshadowing and mention at least twice the ten foot wide corridors.
>>
>47537099
Thats a marksman problem, not the archetypes. If you wanted that you should lobby for errata of ultimate psionics.

Though the Mind's Eye disciple is compatible with the Shroud archetype for swift action invisibility shenanigans.
>>
>>47542343
Fucked that up
>>47537099
>>
File: FECanas.png (1MB, 1000x1480px)
FECanas.png
1MB, 1000x1480px
>>47541898
>trying to figure out something to present to my GM to give the warlock a little boost
>any idea that isn't "well that's just this other class" either makes more sense as a magic item instead of as a class feature or is overcomplicated garbage
>the playtest had ONE-TO-ONE DAMAGE SCALING WITH LEVEL FOR MYSTIC BOLTS
>the arcane striker talent is simultaneously mandatory, yet absolute dogshit since it basically means you NEVER EVER have a swift action for anything if you want to have the damage you should have by default
>only the weapon finesse feat portion of the lethal grace talent works on the bolts

What are the odds paizo will release an archetype that stacks with and buffs the warlock? What about official magic items that would benefit and/or be directly aimed at it?

I'm tempted to just go the simple route and ask to replace all appearance abilities with bonus feats, an alternate mystic bolt only lethal grace, and for arcane striker to be a straight buff to scaling after 6th level.
>>
>>47542389
Some kind of slotless item that grants you a second swift action per round?
Int to damage on mystic bolts?
>>
>>47541926
Is
Is she throwing a chicken leg?
>>
>>47542389
>an alternate mystic bolt only lethal grace
Paizo does love their "X Grace" feats, I'm surprised we didn't see "mystic grace" in Inner Sea Intrigue.
>>
Anybody have an imgur album of the leaked pages from Inner Sea Intrigue? I want to make my vigilante a sex god.
>>
>>47542488
Yes. Yes she is.
>>
>>47542464
>>47542515
>slotless item... a second swift action per round
While it's functionally identical, a glove item to make arcane strike activation a free action would probably be a safer bet. Tack a secondary effect, like bonus range or single-element-resistance-piercing and boom, golden.

>Int to damage on mystic bolts
>"mystic grace"
I might ask to just make it so "Mystic Grace" is "get weapon finesse, add Int-to-damage on both melee and ranged mystic shot".
fuck strength.
>>
>>47542122
>>47542130
QANON was here yesterday and I actually just sent her some stuff, thankfully it should all be scrubbed already (including the massive archive of pf stuff that likely has a lot of overlap).

>>47542562
http://imgur.com/a/3KWOX
>>
>>47542707
>http://imgur.com/a/3KWOX
Thank you, kindly.
>>
Any good classes for a 1 or 2 level dip for a stalker vigilante? 1PP only, unfortunately.
>>
>>47543041
The only dip worth for vigilantes is 3 in antipaladin so you can impart terror into the hearts of the ever brave.
>In a fight between a paladin and an antipaladin, the antipaladin always win, because the first is also fighting against fear for the first time in his life.
>>
Will I be feeling the 3/4th BAB as a Stalker? My party already has a bard for face time and another initiator so I don't feel Warlord will contribute as much.
>>
>>47543168
I both love and hate the antipaladin fear aura. On the one hand it can be fun to strike terror in the hearts of enemies immune to fear. On the other, it just doesn't fit at all, ever, for the paladin to end up fleeing from a fight with their dark reflection like a terrified schoolgirl
>>
>>47543442
It's not so bad with the Deadly Grace talent.
>>
>>47543568
I'm 90% sure that >>47543442 is talking about DSP's stalker and not Paizo's vigilante specialization.
>>
Quick question, if a conductive weapon crits, does the spell on it crits as well?
pic not related
>>
>>47542122
Just because you don't notice QANON doesn't mean she's not here. Hell, she posts without her trip or shift key abuse and nobody even notices.

Also Markiplier is terrible.
>>
File: 1458154094810.png (168KB, 400x400px)
1458154094810.png
168KB, 400x400px
https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_RPG/comments/4lwagt/is_the_kineticist_class_overpowered/
>>
File: 1452662664698.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1452662664698.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>47543718
You should know to expect this.
>>
Anyone got the Magic Tactics Toolbox shit?

>>47543713
Super easy to notice the trap masturbating to sylphs.
>>
File: 1455825108340.png (360KB, 644x632px)
1455825108340.png
360KB, 644x632px
>>47543776
>Super easy to notice the trap masturbating to sylphs.
Not that there's anything wrong with that!
>>
So I need a theme for a fey eldest of the night, redemption and the forest.
Gotta have wings, Moths are too similar to Desnas butterfly shit.

Anyone got any ideas?
>>
>>47543718
I recall this roll20 campaign where the dm thought unchained rogues and kinetecist were "broken".
What is it with retards and their fear of psychic classes? They all suck!
Maybe its an inherited fear from the psionics fiasco of 3.5
>>
>>47543790
sauce on pic related?
>>
File: 1432187888383.jpg (97KB, 540x455px)
1432187888383.jpg
97KB, 540x455px
Need some help with figuring out how some of the chakras from occult adventures work. Can't seem to find what action it is to use the breath attack from the navel chakra or the healing touch from the heart chakra.
>>
>>47543839
Gal Bitch sho-nen no INSEI
>>
>>47543854
If no action is listed then it's a standard action. The chakras are crap, the archetype makes them slightly less crap, but still crap.
>>
>>47543854
Standard's default.

>>47543836
>all psychic classes suck
Tell that to the psychic laddiwad
>>
>>47543803
>fey
>redemption
>fey
>morality
Here's my idea: Don't be a faggot.
>>
>>47543892
Redemption doesn't necessitate moral redemption. It could be redemption in the eyes of the fey court, redeeming yourself for failing at the duties assigned to you.
>>
>>47543875
>Psychic
>not just a shittier sorcerer that becomes a commoner if scared.
Not saying its not tier 2, just saying its the worse tier 2 there is.
>>
>>47543718
Why would you post this at innocent people. Or me.
>>
>>47542161
One could argue that describing the corridors wouldn't be hinting enough, since the cube could fit itself into corridors fairly smaller then itself. A better way to hint would be to have the party find trails of slime that don't match the regular gunk and grime they've seen around the area. If one of the PCs is brave/dim enough to actually touch the slime, you could say that it even burns or irritates the skin. Not for any damage mind you, just to convey the need to get it off their hands is all you're looking for.

If me GM put effort reminding me of the dimensions of the hallway, my first thought would be to expect some kind of rolling Boulder trap, or crushing walls, falling floors. But that's just me.
>>
>>47543892
See that would be a problem.
If not for the fact Fey in Pathfinder do have alignment which we all have to live with.

And the angle is less redemption as in cuddly everyone hugs and makes up situations.
The theme is more 'From horrors and death can come beauty'
Poppies grow on old battlefields.
Predators need to eat to live and in doing so something innocent dies.
After the fire, the forest grows clean again.
A world in flux and redemption was the closet domain that could be found relating to good alignment that involves people changing and growing after being damaged, ect, ect.

Rot, Redemption and Loss.
>>
>>47543836
I remember that campaign. I chatted with the DM a bit to try and figure out why Rogues were broken. He ranted for 20 minutes about how Rogues were OP because his Catfolk Rogue, using 2 different archetypes and obscure racial weapons could get 5d8 + Dex damage at level 5.

I pointed out that a Barbarian with a Greatsword and 20 Str could do the same DPS, and have better HP/Saves.

He then called me a munchkin and blocked me.
>>
>>47543836
>They all suck!
Wow tell that to the Occultist bucko mcfucko.
>>
>>47543718
I've stopped trying to reason with these people, they're the same dipshits that think rogues are OP and wizards are balanced
>>
>>47541898
Why has Pathfinder become the weabest D&D
>>
>>47544079
The fuck kind of cheater are you? get the fuck out of my PF brah. Who the FUCK would use a GREATSWORD on a BARBARIAN? Don't you know Barbarian is elvish for butler with a tiny knife?
>>
>>47544153
It failed at gritty low-level fantasy so weeb is the only thing the system's good for now
>>
>>47543921
A Wilder is still worse.
>>
I still want kineticists to be good.

Does anyone know of a third-party or homebrew list of wild talents that are actually useful?
>>
>>47543836
What was wrong with 3.5 psionics?
>>
File: shit.png (170KB, 503x362px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
170KB, 503x362px
>>47544106
>>
>>47544245

What's wrong with wilders?
>>
>>47544254
3.5 psionics had very little wrong with it. 3e psionics was a convoluted, underpowered mess. 2e psionics was broken as fuck.

People remembering 2e psionics fueled misconceptions about 3.5 and DSP psionics that persist to this day.
>>
>>47544269
Everything.
>>
>>47544269
Fuck all for powers known, if they're anything like the 3.5 ones.
>>47544279
Thanks for the clarification anon.
>>
>>47544261
>quietly packs up aegis and leaves i guess
>>
>>47543803
crown and mist like train
voice like the wind rustling through leaves/sighing
skin like an aged grey willow in complexion
elven in appearance

There you go theme is Der Erlkonig by Goethe
>>
>no Protean planetouched
>no lawful aligned planetouched
>>
>>47544171
>gritty
>low-level fantasy
>any form of D&D ever
M A X I M A L K E K
A X I M A L K E K M
X I M A L K E K M A
I M A L K E K M A X
M A L K E K M A X I
A L K E K M A X I M
L K E K M A X I M A
K E K M A X I M A L
E K M A X I M A L K
K M A X I M A L K E
>>
>>47544327
What did you expect?
Nice things for lawful characters? Fuck you, suck on Crystals dick harder and post on the forum about how it tastes like candy, then thank her for the totes awesome CN Protean planetouched.
>>
>>47544249
Kineticists of Porphyra has good stuff.
DSP's Avant Guard archetype is also a big fix while not being strictly better in every way (more ALLDAY, less nova potential).

Combining these two things can lead to some very silly results.
>>
>>47544327
>what are ganzi
>what are autists
>>
>>47544327
There are protean planetouched.

http://archivesofnethys.com/RacesDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Ganzi

The lack of Inevitable and Psychopomp planetouched is still a travesty, tho.
>>
>>47544384
>>47544368
>Ganzi
>acceptableI refuse to accept them as the true protean planetouched; if anything they're just mildly "touched" rather then full blown fingerbanged like Tieflings and Aasimar.
>>
>>47544401
a blessing*
>wanting Paizo to flesh out anything that sounds cool
>wanting Paizo to destroy everything good
Kill yourself
>>
>>47544079
>47543718
Yeah, that guy was a textbook case of the Dunning-Kruger Effect.
>>
>>47544403
>>47544368 here
I was talking about there being no lawful equivalent.
>>
>>47544390
>>>47544079
>>>47544079
>Yeah, that guy was a textbook case the of Dunning-Kruger.

>>47544415
:^)
>>
>>47544327
>>47544403
I remember a guy who homebrewed some up like a year ago.
Called them Ymir or some shiot like that; it's probably been lost to the sands of time.
>>
>>47544269
>4th level to get 2nd level powers
>>
>>47544261
>Arthur still buttmad a Witch managed to ruin her whole kingdom

Stay angry King of Knights.
>>
File: PZO9047-Vanth.jpg (120KB, 837x1000px)
PZO9047-Vanth.jpg
120KB, 837x1000px
>>47544401
Why would either of those things produce Planetouched? Psychopomps are too busy trying to keep this whole death cycle running smoothly and Inevitables are literally god damn robots. If you want an LN planetouched try making something with Axiomites.
>>
>>47544542
>Psychopomps
Maybe the Planetouched who is a person sent back by a Psychopomp and reincarnated. Maybe the Psychopomp did so out of some necessity, they were destine for something greater, it wasn't 'their time' or maybe, in rare cases, a Psychopomp who has observed a soul while alive for a long time begins to feel an emotional attachment to that soul and when it finally brings it's soul into the after life, a new soul is created by the union and is reborn in the Material World to carry on that soul's life as their 'child'.

>Inevitable
I could easily see this being a person touched by an Axiomite, but Inevitables could try and mess with an unborn child by exposing it to Lawful forces in an attempt to make the mortal race more compliant and orderly. There could even be Inevitables dedicated to ensuring biological reproduction of species, possibly in preserving endangered species and and ensuring that other do not overbreed by planting sterile offspring with Inevitable traits to slow down their progression.
>>
Tell me what you think about this idea /pfg/?
It's a modern game where the players investigate a mysterious disappearance in the woods
They see a number of staircases, with no accompanying house, just staircases and most seem to be of a spiralling design

They see other odd unsettling things

They discover the hatch for an underground bunker, which they descend and it turns out to be a cathedral of metal

There are windows but the Vistas they see are planets and stars

Turns out they've been transported onto a derelict ship in the deep reaches of space

And that's when the horrifying fun starts

>inb4 Starfinder
>>
>>47544636
Mightbecool
>>
>>47544636
Actually space station
>>
>>47542687
DUMB WARLOCK TALENT IDEA: "How overloaded is this?" Edition

>Mystic Grace: You gain the effects of Weapon Finesse and Precise shot, but only while using your Mystic Bolts, and may take any feat that require them as prerequisites. These feats will only function for your Mystic Bolts, unless you take the prerequisites normally. In addition, at level 6 you may add your Intelligence modifier to damage with your Mystic Bolts.
>>
Question - Can I deliver Maneuvers that do not specify a Ranged Attack through a Lasso?

Further, if using a Lasso while in Elemental Flux Stance (gaining +2d6 Fire Damage), will it do the fire damage on hit?
>>
>>47544927
Should be "Do not specify a melee attack", not ranged.
>>
>>47544482
To be fair, that's much less terrible with psionics than spellcasting, due to augmentation.
>>
Can I intentionally purchase/craft an intelligent item at character creation (not first level obvs), or are they only in-game plot device kind of things. Would be helpful for a character concept I'm doing as long as it isn't like "dip in class X".
>>
>>47544921
I can dig it.

Also, you're reminding me about those Spherecasting Vigilante conversions I was working on.

I was going to have Mystic Bolts work similarly to a Blaster's Arm Cannon, since it's a lot more interesting and variable than 'just damage'

I should get back onto that.
>>
>>47544921
About the same as Killer's Implements, but for a specific attack.

Not too bad, all told.
>>
>>47545025
Wilder is still a direct downgrade from Psion.
>>
You know, it shouldn't surprise me, but I still can't believe people don't accept the caster/martial divide.
>>
>>47544542
Planetouched usually aren't the result of humans and outsiders fucking. That produces half-Xs, which are far, far more powerful.

Planetouched are created by mortals being exposed to planar energy during pregnancy or just prior to conception.
>>
>>47545209
Yeah, for sure. They're definitely still playable, though, at least with the student surge. Retraining into whatever powers you need with Psychic Reformation goes a long way too.
>>
>>47545304
And now I'm contractually obligated to post this:

"I think it's a myth propagated by people with agendas." James Jacobs

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2l7ns&page=599?Ask-James-Jacobs-ALL-your-Questions-Here#29948
>>
>>47545209
Arguable. They have mostly the same tricks, except Wilder is somewhat more directly powerful (in terms of augmentations) and efficient with Wild Surge and Psions are more versatile via their disciplines. I'd still go psion personally, but the idea of going Wilder for a blaster still appeals to me.
>>
>>47545349
Tieflings, Aasimar and Geniekin are descended from Half-Xs. Some (such as the Jade Regent) are even just the children of Half-Xs.
>>
>>47543836
>>47544279

Futher back than that, almost. really early 2e, like the start of AD&D at all. The psychic powers were full of all sorts of save or die/mind control/confusion/etc.

Except without really the saves part. Or any attempt at balance or level scaling.

original psionics were on the long list of things in AD&D and suchlike that clearly only existed for the benefit of the GM, and were never meant to end up in the hands of the players. Like rust monsters, mordenkainen's disjunction, symbol of <foo>, and green slime.
>>
File: 1458718778402.png (112KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1458718778402.png
112KB, 540x540px
>>47545398
I'm getting a drink.
>>
>>47545398
>3) What do you think of an AP (or just a couple of aventures) based on the colonization of arcadia?

>3) I'd love to do an AP like that... although I'd likely end up presenting it with the colonists as being the bad guys.

>muh white guilt
>>
Ick
http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2tor0?Please-reconsider-Press-to-the-Wall
>>
>>47545523
>>muh white guilt
C'mon, fighting off the invading colonizers isn't just a white guilt thing, and it's a common trope.
>>
>>47544927
>>47544943
Anyone?
>>
>>47545559
Yes, but in the context of Arcadia, it's absolutely a white guilt thing. It'd basically be Avatar (aka: White Guilt: The Movie).
>>
>>47545093
As far as I remember, there are no rules stating yes or no, though their abilities have costs and are labelled under magic items.
>>
>>47545559
Does it makes sense to run an AP where you know beforehand the heroes side already lost?
>>
I wonder if that lewd erp game that was posted here once got off the ground.
>>
File: FESaleh.png (390KB, 473x773px) Image search: [Google]
FESaleh.png
390KB, 473x773px
>>47545164
>>47545174
>Finally hit on something that makes sense and people like
>It's probably the simplest smashing together of things I've produced

Well damn. This kind of thing is why I've been an obnoxious faggot constantly throwing ideas everywhere, I don't know how to steer anything unless I bang against the walls a few times.
Still no idea what to trade the appearance abilities for, though.
>>
>>47545734
Why even use a Vigilante at that point?

Why not just make a new class or a better baseline
>>
File: Warmly dressed old druid.jpg (91KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Warmly dressed old druid.jpg
91KB, 800x1000px
So I'm trying to homebrew a Cha based spontaneous casting class using the Druid spell list that doesn't suck ass. Any ideas for a name?
>>
>>47545847
There's already a Druid archetype for that...
>>
>>47545861
>that doesn't suck ass
>>
>>47545861
>Spontaneous
>>
>>47545819
Because it still has the social talents, dual identity, and skill list. Really, you could argue this for ANY of the caster archetypes for the vigilante.

The "appearance" abilities are also pretty underwhelming for a vigilante /anyway/, but it's not a wholly necessary thing to replace. They're just there taking up potential design space and it's making my inner autist upset.
>>
>>47545847 (me)
I was thinking Wildheart for the class name.

I mostly need names for class features and stuff. Where the Oracle has a Mystery and the Sorcerer has a Bloodline, I feel like this class has to have something. Any ideas?
>>
>>47545685
Yeah, I can see it. I imagine a lot of people might not be interested, but it can set up a really interesting adventure, even if it does end up in "failure"
>>
>>47545685
That doesn't make sense.
The point should be to have the players be the colonists and fight off the savage natives.
Then again that's pretty much Kingmaker, except there were no indigenous people to oppress, other than Kobolds.
>>
>>47545701

How long ago was it posted? I've been away for the past three days.
>>
File: Joshua a best.png (658KB, 827x1165px) Image search: [Google]
Joshua a best.png
658KB, 827x1165px
>>47545734
I love that there are other people here with good taste in Fire Emblem
>>
>>47546141
My Fire Emblem brother.
>>
File: tumblr_mpr9qymLQt1rapmpqo1_1280.jpg (372KB, 1280x1404px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mpr9qymLQt1rapmpqo1_1280.jpg
372KB, 1280x1404px
>>47546141
>>47546161
muh niggas
>>
>>47546184

LUCINA IS CUTE

C-U-T-E!
>>
>>47546184
>>47546202
Bah. Philistines.
>>
File: Best Waifu.png (201KB, 316x652px) Image search: [Google]
Best Waifu.png
201KB, 316x652px
>>47546202
Lucina a shit! Awakening a shit!
>>
File: FESSColm.png (274KB, 541x524px)
FESSColm.png
274KB, 541x524px
>>47546141
GBA games a best, especially art-wise. Path of Radiance is pretty good too, but it just isn't the same. The newer games have been nothing but waifufag bait.

>tfw first favorite character was pic-related
>still haven't gotten the chance to play a character remotely similar
>>
File: 1406266113792.jpg (180KB, 943x1149px)
1406266113792.jpg
180KB, 943x1149px
>>47546141
I can't be the only one who thinks of the Fire Emblem variety when I hear the Myrmidon archetype, right?
>>
>>47546238
>tfw a player in a Wrath of the Righteous game used this image as her token
>tfw it's fucking dead as fuck now
No one even tried to resurrect it.
>>
>>47546261
That was my first exposure to the word Myrmidon.
>>
File: Hectorcopter.gif (216KB, 500x467px) Image search: [Google]
Hectorcopter.gif
216KB, 500x467px
>>47546253
Have to agree on the art. Can't beat the old crit animations.

>>47546261
Nah, we're all here with you on that
>>
>>47546063
Maybe Cycles, to reflect the different 'cycles' of nature?

>Moon (Full, gibbous, half, quarter, crescent, new)
>Seasons (Spring, summer, fall, winter)
>Water (River, sea, rain)
>Decay (This is where you get your Vermin stuff)
>Migration (For those who like movement speeds)
>Day/Night (For those of you who want to Blast in the name of Nature)
>>
>>47544380
I'm in the middle of building those silly results.
>>
>>47546283

Am I the only one that REALLY wants to join a WotR campaign?

I want to try Mythic, I want to be a big dick hero, I want that Succubutt!
>>
File: Dorf Drood.jpg (658KB, 1385x1000px)
Dorf Drood.jpg
658KB, 1385x1000px
>>47546303
That's a fantastic idea.
>>
>>47544380
I remember some people talking about combing the two to get infinite/free swift/immediate actions.
>>
>>47546353
Oh, right, I forgot to add:

>Moon would be your transforming stuff, obviously
>Seasons would get you Plant-based stuff
>Water is what you play in an Aquatic campaign
>>
>>47546317
I looked over Porphyra 1 yesterday and
>Time main element aether second element, Avant Guard
>At level 12, you can get a bonus standard action as an immediate action every turn
>You can use this standard action to lift 12000lb objects over enemies and drop them once time resumes
>By a loose interpretation of the rules, if you use that talent that lets you steal all someone's swift actions, and this gives you a second immediate every turn, you now have two bonus standard actions every round
>>
>>47545866
It's a prepared fullcaster from Paizo. It's solidly tier 1.
>>
>>47546345
You are not alone friend, all I want is to play my mythic aid another bard.....
>>
>>47546381
I could call them Rhythms to make it seem less mechanical, if that makes sense. And it would give an excuse to have a Circadian Rhythm that adds a Ki Pool
>>
>>47545701
Which one? I can think of two that got moderate attention on tg and I'm in one of them
>>
>>47546429

Please tell us your character, and the characters you're playing with.

I need DEETS man.
>>
>>47546427
Neat.
>>
>>47545670
Never got that. Avatar's message is literally "even if you are a blue space cat, white people are STILL better at your culture than you are".
>>
>>47546421

You would literally become the greatest bard in history.
>>
>>47546403
>delays Wild Shape
>removes spontaneous Summon Nature's Ally
>lowers BAB, removes Nature Sense, removes medium armor proficiency
>not terrible

It removes the D from CoDzilla.
>>
>>47546463
Last time I did a storytime people told me it was too lewd and degenerate for pfg and I felt sad
I don't blame anyone, it's just easy to forget the sort of lewdlevel average people are comfortable with after playing an erp game with a bunch of other lewd people
>>
>>47546604
Were you the one who posted the link that autojoined whoever inked it?
>>
>>47546507
It's flat out worse than normal Druid, but it doesn't stop a Tier 1 from being Tier 1.
>>
>>47546604

Just tell us, it's a weekday evening in summer.
>>
>>47545398
http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2l7ns&page=600?Ask-James-Jacobs-ALL-your-Questions-Here#29974

>Razmiran is Bulmahn's pet country

That may explain things
>>
>>47545539
That OP is a moron. Everyone else in the thread seems reasonable though. Also, that's actually a pretty neat feat, never heard of it before now. So thanks, random faggot, for posting a complaint about a neat feat so that more people know about it.
>>
>>47546399
I'm going aether->air->time to be a rogue but better. Jojo villains don't show off time powers until the end anyway.
>>
File: FESpinToWin.gif (439KB, 480x320px)
FESpinToWin.gif
439KB, 480x320px
>>47546299
Spinning Axe men are best axe men, and make me sad that axes are bad in pathfinder.
>>
File: 0pVB4q8.jpg (41KB, 376x498px) Image search: [Google]
0pVB4q8.jpg
41KB, 376x498px
>>47546604
You could always pastebin it and share the link.
Makes it more of an opt-in thing.
>>
>>47546726
Cheshire please go and stay go.
>>
>>47545398
Gotta keep it up to date, man.

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2l7ns&page=1236?Ask-James-Jacobs-ALL-your-Questions-Here#61777
>>
File: b-but anon.png (244KB, 613x611px)
b-but anon.png
244KB, 613x611px
>>47546765
>>
>>47546726
>>47546870
>No teeth-grins
>One isn't even grinning at all.

BEGONE, IMPOSTER.
>>
>>47546870
There, there...
>>
>>47546884

Her other mouth is giving a toothy grin.
>>
>>47546705
I prefer self-cloning swordsmen to spinning axe men
>>
File: internet fight meet irl.jpg (176KB, 790x744px) Image search: [Google]
internet fight meet irl.jpg
176KB, 790x744px
>>47546884
>>
>>47546628
That's the campaign, yeah.
Not the GM, but the autojoin link was sort of for the 'entry hall': we don't do anything with that roll20 room except use it to post campaign info - there's a separate campaign for actual players.
It's an odd setup, but hasn't caused any problems.

>>47546652
>>47546726
Party:
>Shota paladin, son of a decadent demon lord who became a paladin in rebellion. Standard humanoid but can grow a bunch of tentacles. Only lewds with consent or if they're evil and is surprisingly better than expected at following the paladin code. Character that's been around the longest and has sentient dullahan armor and three succubus girls who follow him around.
>Metamorph alchemist girl. Tomboyish and open. Obscenely good sense motive and the most easygoing member. Spent the past few sessions in the form of a flying gorilla and so was immune to lewds.
>Rabbit girl archer Rubato who blows everything up with Elemental Flux. Futa. Wants to build a harem of women to mother her children and ensure the survival of her race. Current harem size is 1. Party is suspicious of her morality.
>Half-succubus Ravenlord who wants to deny her heritage and be a refined and proper young lady with no lewds. Unlike the paladin, she isn't always very good at it. Heavily tsundere but gets annoyed at herself more than others. Her raven familiar is definitely evil, and took Spheres feats to be able to shift into a raven girl at will.
>Half dragon girl who optimized more than half of us combined. Aegis/Daring Hero/Psyarm who destroys everything and bothers the GM. Pretty nice as a person, though.

There are some others but I haven't really seen them around enough to get to know them.
Overall, things are cool.
>>
File: snark.png (42KB, 185x185px) Image search: [Google]
snark.png
42KB, 185x185px
>>47546914
So like, you gonna share the sauce or what?
>>
>>47547034

I love how absolutely none of them are proper girls, or proper guys for that matter.

Exactly what I expected from an ERP, where anything that doesn't have tentacles has a dick, or is lesbians.
>>
>>47547034
Seeing two things i wrote being used here gives me uncomfortable feelings. But if you're having fun, keep on keeping on, I suppose.
>>
File: kA8Gg8n.gif (708KB, 500x281px)
kA8Gg8n.gif
708KB, 500x281px
>>47547034
Sounds like a god damn lovely time.

Makes me want a decent erp, 'cause that game sounds pretty decent. Not the content, that sounds lewd af.
>>
File: lvl 1 Thrallherd.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
lvl 1 Thrallherd.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>47547062
Of the game? It's like literally in the image.
>>
File: 1463043320420.jpg (59KB, 500x618px)
1463043320420.jpg
59KB, 500x618px
>>47547034
>Metamorph

You mean the tier 5 alchemist?
>>
>>47547132
>>47547034

>tfw no ERP campaign

I just want comfy lewds and fun times with cool people.
>>
>>47547150
oh. well i feel dumb now. time to search!

>>47547170
>that feel
I know it very well.

I'm also pretty sure I'd suck at ERP in general, so that's a thing
>>
File: 23-zephiel.gif (1MB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
23-zephiel.gif
1MB, 480x320px
>>47546253
Hey now, Myrmidons have amazing armor in awakening.
>>47546299
It's not bad that Hector/FE in general makes me think of Fighters with axes before Fighters with swords, right?
>>
>>47547201

>that spoiler

Never know until you try it, anon.
>>
File: 1404025019996.png (109KB, 414x426px)
1404025019996.png
109KB, 414x426px
>>47547216
A-anon, I...
>>
File: Polearm Master.jpg (259KB, 800x745px)
Polearm Master.jpg
259KB, 800x745px
>>47547202
Not at all
>>
File: QMYDOqn.gif (1MB, 500x388px)
QMYDOqn.gif
1MB, 500x388px
>>47547216
This is true.

Then again, I'd have to find a group to try it with, now wouldn't I?

>>47547241
>pic related
>>
>>47547034

>all those freaky-ass race combinations

Are there... Like, any character that's just a human?

Because that just reminds me how you rarely see humans getting made anymore, at least in campaigns I've been in.
>>
>>47547201
There's perpetual General on /h/, but you really should make your first play through blind
>>
>>47547257

That can be arranged, what kinda character do you want to make?
>>
>>47547291
I'm morbidly curious.
>>
File: 1447899905984.jpg (36KB, 380x438px)
1447899905984.jpg
36KB, 380x438px
>>47547291
>blind
anon that sounds pic related
>>
>>47543679
Bingo, was deciding since I really like full bab/d10 but the Cha. modifier isn't really going to be put to use beyond strike effects compared to Wis. with Stalker.
>>
>>47547270
The world is like Golarion crossed with Monmusu Quest, so being a human is a dangerous proposition, especially as an adventurer.
>>
>>47543855

Well, that was disappointing.
>>
>>47547334

Isn't this an ERP?

Wouldn't this mean someone who wants in on the good stuff would make what attracts all the Monmosu beasts?
>>
>>47547270
The metamorph is a human, it's just the whole monstrous physique thing that results in a large flying monkey.
>>
>>47547105
>>47547270
Party is surprisingly humanlike. Like, nothing beyond horns, wings, pointy ears, scaly legs, etc. Nobody has done anything like exotic strange racial traditions with their RP.
I mean, when she's not shapeshifted into a gorilla the alchemist is just a normal girl who punches really hard.
I've never seen a girl PC in erp that doesn't swing both ways though

>>47547132
>>47547170
Last time I brought this up pfg had a chat about how games where erp was on the table but not forced on people were often some of the best games, because it generally led to people being more open and relaxed.
In my own experience it really feels true. This current game is highly lewd though and everyone expects lewd to be thrown at them

>>47547164
Metamorph is an awful alchemist archetype, but decent as a transforming martial. It's working out.

>>47547105
They're great classes! The lewdness isn't your fault! (Really, during serious fights and also nonlewd RP, Ravenlord's been a lot of fun)
>>
>>47547303
I don't even know, anon.

I really don't.

probably something basic af, maybe a bard who specializes in a more physical performance?

>>47547362
>that spoiler
Exactly what I was thinking.
>>
>>47547303
I'm also interested, where would I show interest in joining something such as this?
>>
>>47547362
Well, it's more like a D&D campaign heavily featuring lewd content.
>>
>>47547374

Is the campaign going to be recruiting any time soon? Sounds comfy AF.

>>47547379

That's very adorable. Make her a dork with a big ass for extra cute.
>>
File: Poseidoness.png (776KB, 800x600px)
Poseidoness.png
776KB, 800x600px
>>47547362
>Wouldn't this mean someone who wants in on the good stuff would make what attracts all the Monmosu beasts?
Don't want to attract too many, you may attract some unsavory types.
>>
>>47547420
>>47547374
I'm with this anon i think id like to join that game.
>>
>>47547420

>THICC big booty dork bard with an incredible knack for handling anything the opposition can throw at her.

Anon please.
>>
File: havoker.png (707KB, 1608x1044px)
havoker.png
707KB, 1608x1044px
Wait.. How do Havoker Witch actually work?

The text said they get Patron Element instead of standard Patron. But.. Patron Element doesn't actually alter or replace standard Patron's spell class feature.
>>
File: lady drow qt 17.png (550KB, 600x762px) Image search: [Google]
lady drow qt 17.png
550KB, 600x762px
>>47547420
>>47547498
Stahp, I'm getting ideas now and it's gotten onto a character sheet already

probably not actually a drow but still
>>
>>47547446
Here's the question: Is taking Companion of the Lonely cheating? Same with Enchanting Courtesan.
>>
>>47547420
>>47547446
I'm not the GM, so I can't really make that call.
He's not online now but appears on pfg sometimes, so you never know really.
>>
>>47547568

Of course not? Is taking Power Attack as a two-handed barbarian cheating?

>>47547550

A surface-loving Drow dork with an ass that won't quit and uses it as often as she can is really high-test material, anon.
>>
File: Tief02.jpg (39KB, 459x800px)
Tief02.jpg
39KB, 459x800px
>all this talk about ERP and parties that are all kinds of crazy
>I decided to make the tiefling vigilante I'm setting up for a potential Hell's Vengeance game female, but androgynous so I could abuse disguise and the mockingbird social talent
>had everything all set up, decided to, for giggles, roll the variant physical features table for one of the features, since normally I just pull stuff off it
>roll 83, check the table, proceed to lean back in my chair as my group beholds my roll
>GM loves it, as does another potential player, both of whom are big on creating/finding characters to romance.
>realization that if I ever use this character, because of the GM and other player, I'm obligated due to related bonuses to pick up companion to the lonely

I don't know if I wanted to remember that this is a thing that might wind up happening.
>>
File: guy3.jpg (50KB, 326x401px)
guy3.jpg
50KB, 326x401px
>>47546261
Best boy.
>>
>>47546474
Avatar was literally 3D Fern Gully, which is literally animated Dances With Wolves. It's so unoriginal the abstract resource that the white capitalist human invaders are after is called Unobtainium.
>>
>>47547420
>>47547550

Wait wait wait, you could make this a pair application.

The Drow bought the other character from the flesh markets so he/she could tell her stories of the surface world and all the wonders it offers!

And then, eventually, she decides to go see it for herself, with him watching her back.
>>
>>47547645
I'm not sure if "high-test material" is a good thing or a bad thing

>>47547662
That is one of my favorite tiefling pics. Good fuckin taste, anon.
>>
>>47547662
For the lazy among us:
>83 - Other: hermaphroditic
>>
>>47547704

High test generally means a very meaty, womanly body that "only high testosterone men can handle."

It's generally a good thing.

>>47547699

Oh my god that's ADORABLE.
>>
File: awoocid.gif (2MB, 500x200px)
awoocid.gif
2MB, 500x200px
>>47547699
I am okay with this plan.

>>47547722
>>47547709
>mfw both
>>
>>47547704
I honestly cannot find very many pictures of tieflings that I feel like I would ever use for a character. This was one of the most conservatively dressed, least ridiculous ones I could find, which is a shame. I'd prefer a different set of horns, but I'm seriously considering that for the portrait of one of their identities.
>>
File: tiefling bard.jpg (116KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
tiefling bard.jpg
116KB, 640x960px
>>47547846
I have a decent number of not-so-awful ones, what sort of thing are you looking for/have been turned off by?
>>
>>47547846
Isn't there one conservatively dressed Tiefling from a DSP book? One of the iconics?
>>
>>47547758

What's your deets so you two can plan this dual-character app together?
>>
>>47547946
Should this swerve be curved until there's a game to apply for?
>>
>>47547967

Probably?
>>
>>47547946
What >>47547967 spoiler'd

the pfg irc on the rizon.net server is where i spend most of my down time, and it's easy to make a new channel
>>
so are there any pictures of Qlippoth tieflings besides the one, or anything that would suffice?
>>
File: lady tiefl 8.jpg (346KB, 583x798px)
lady tiefl 8.jpg
346KB, 583x798px
>>47547846
>>47547911
>>
>>47547998

Who are you on #pfg?
>>
>>47547911
See the horns in your image? I really, really hate those on principle, because they look retarded to me. Other than that? I've mostly just had a hard time finding art that I liked. Rolling that 83 kind of threw me for a loop.

Androgynous, small horns, tail, and baggy clothes are a bonus, if you're going to start dumping images.
>>
File: lady tiefl 6.jpg (260KB, 600x695px)
lady tiefl 6.jpg
260KB, 600x695px
>>47548036
currently, cursedrolls or mobicursed when on mobile. who're you?

>>47548049
Tiefling pics without horns is pretty tough, desu. I don't have a great many tieflings in the first place, and all of them have some kind of horns.

Maybe some kind of spellcaster or possessed-type character art would fit better?
>>
File: Uhhh.jpg (363KB, 668x929px)
Uhhh.jpg
363KB, 668x929px
>>47548124
It's not no horns, it's those GIGANTIC, BULGING FOREHEAD HORNS. The picture you have in your post is more like what I'm looking for. Even something like pic-related is acceptable.
>>
>>47548124
>currently, cursedrolls or mobicursed when on mobile. who're you?

MrBubbles.
>>
File: 1301593661996.jpg (148KB, 770x653px) Image search: [Google]
1301593661996.jpg
148KB, 770x653px
>>47548124
It's not about being without horns, it's about being without giant goat horns.
>>
>>47547930
Two. There's the Metamind iconic in Ultimate Psionics, and then there's Kyria in Psionics Augmented: Wilder. I'm away from my PC so an anon will have to post the art.
>>
File: lady tiefl qt 2.png (677KB, 1280x1092px)
lady tiefl qt 2.png
677KB, 1280x1092px
>>47548158
Ah, okay. Something like this still acceptable? I've only got a couple more, but the adrogyny thing is definitely outside my possessions.
>>
>>47548203
I think the one I'm thinking of is Kyria. Staff over her head, floating crystals, that thing.
>>
>>47548230
It's on the big end, but it's within an acceptable range. I probably need to just roll up my sleeves and start searching myself, but I just haven't felt like doing the digging lately.
>>
>>47548234
Yep. She got two pics, that being one of them.
>>
File: 1455391242121.png (218KB, 698x800px)
1455391242121.png
218KB, 698x800px
>>47548158
I call those eyebrow horns, and yes, as a connoisseur of horns, I find them to be particularly poorly designed.

They give that awful "low-brow, sloping forehead" look to the tiefling that's just ugly.

I'm also not a fan of horns longer than eight inches or so, especially not on a tiefling.
>>
File: lady tiefl qt 6.jpg (137KB, 550x736px)
lady tiefl qt 6.jpg
137KB, 550x736px
>>47548306
>probably too big for your tastes

Could always try the art request threads. Those have been very helpful to me when looking for a specific sort of thing.
>>
>tieflings are reviled and hated for being horrific looking friendspawn
>let's just draw them as bombshell humans with handlebars to grab onto whilst you fuck them
>>
File: lady tiefl qt 7.jpg (1002KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lady tiefl qt 7.jpg
1002KB, 1920x1080px
>>47548468
You sound conflicted
>>
>>47548344
Gareth, can I bother you now?
Can I please get feedback on this homebrew?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EtAfFqS8MEY1riV9MgCjHkoYY_ZWQ-rpLPQlrt1oB-E/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>47548468

Anon, the truth of the matter is that someone is going to want to bang them whether or not they're traditionally sexy. Also,

>friendspawn
>there exists outside of our plane of existence a race of creatures
>they have many names
>in the common tongue, they are called "friends"
>through ancient and forbidden rituals, one may summon these "friends"
>the friends will help you with home projects, go to taverns with you, or just hang and do stuff together
>some even seek relations with these friends
>the offspring of these unions are often real cuties, well-loved by both parents
>they often feel an overwhelming urge to engage in friendly behavior with people
>some struggle with this impulse all their lives
>others gleefully give in to their impulses to be companionable
>>
>>47548625
>some even seek relations with these friends
>implying they don't get caught in the friendzone if they try.
>>
File: 1459474418456.jpg (81KB, 736x800px)
1459474418456.jpg
81KB, 736x800px
>>47547846
>>
>>47548468
Being fair here, given the horns and tail thing, on top of being really damn pretty, I think it's safe to say that the majority of tieflings are descended from succubi.

At that point they'd be hard pressed to not be fuckable.
>>
>>47548619
I've given you my timetable, anon. You begin to strain my patience.
>>
>>47548811
Oh, my bad. I'm sorry, can I just... leave this link on the DSP forum or something?
>>
>>47548840
Wouldn't suggest it, the official forums are a ghost town and don't provide much feedback. Try Giantitp?
>>
>>47546796
>three years later
>doubles-down
The balls on this guy
>>
File: 1318315649165.jpg (14KB, 450x646px) Image search: [Google]
1318315649165.jpg
14KB, 450x646px
>>47548173
Our hero?!
>>
>>47549106
It is the one and only. I was surprised too.
>>
File: 1413391299337.jpg (245KB, 800x974px)
1413391299337.jpg
245KB, 800x974px
>>47548230
The trick is not only to find gals with low-key horns, but also ones that look like they could be fellas. Too bad they're usually stacked.
>>
File: 1425941301243.jpg (133KB, 773x1000px)
1425941301243.jpg
133KB, 773x1000px
>>47549078
He's nothing if not consistent.
>>
>>47549078
Their design hasn't changed. Their fluff on martials is still full of filthy lies. They continue to nerf martial options. Why are you surprised that JJ hasn't changed either?

They're gutless, backstabbing waerlochs, the lot of them.
>>
File: a witch in love.jpg (168KB, 1240x1754px) Image search: [Google]
a witch in love.jpg
168KB, 1240x1754px
>>47549199
that tiefling is cute! CUTE!!
>>
File: 1431472268153.png (361KB, 1280x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1431472268153.png
361KB, 1280x1600px
>>
File: 1448863101922.jpg (120KB, 706x1000px)
1448863101922.jpg
120KB, 706x1000px
>>47549232
Megumin is cute too.
>>
File: PF Hyrsek.jpg (121KB, 708x1030px) Image search: [Google]
PF Hyrsek.jpg
121KB, 708x1030px
>>
File: PF Pitborn.jpg (17KB, 285x395px)
PF Pitborn.jpg
17KB, 285x395px
>>
File: PF Ayavah Quick.jpg (144KB, 359x743px) Image search: [Google]
PF Ayavah Quick.jpg
144KB, 359x743px
And the bonus round, an actual Tiefling dickgirl one of the devs wrote for use in WotR (or other campaigns!)
>>
>>
File: what am i.jpg (127KB, 627x1000px)
what am i.jpg
127KB, 627x1000px
Is this acceptable tiefling?
>>
File: tiefling 1.jpg (155KB, 459x800px)
tiefling 1.jpg
155KB, 459x800px
>>
>>47549594
Merisiel? Izzat you?
>>
>>
>>47548468
this has always bothered me. Blood of fiends negates this a bit with Tieflings that look actually monstrous, but still doesn't help much since pretty much every girl tiefling in there was drawn sexily.

The Rakshasha one gets a pass because that's the point of them.
>>
File: 1445741300638.jpg (41KB, 429x377px) Image search: [Google]
1445741300638.jpg
41KB, 429x377px
>>47549676
>Blood of Fiends
>>
File: 1406840316927.jpg (180KB, 934x1600px)
1406840316927.jpg
180KB, 934x1600px
>>47549733
The pathfinder book that has a ton of variant tieflings?
>>
File: PZO1132-Rivani.jpg (156KB, 578x1000px) Image search: [Google]
PZO1132-Rivani.jpg
156KB, 578x1000px
So how do I become a real psychic like pic related?
How do I levitate a crossbow and shoot it?
How can I use a sword and attack with just the power of my mind?
Or do I just grab Animate Weapon spell from 3.5 and call it a day?
>>
>>47549785
Spheres of Power TK Sphere.
>>
>>47549774
I don't see it in the trove, is it on 4+4chan?
>>
>>47549674
There she is! Got the other pic?
>>
File: 1448385912869.png (3MB, 3079x4000px) Image search: [Google]
1448385912869.png
3MB, 3079x4000px
>>47549933
Always boss.
>>
>>47549933
Yeah, I tore them out of the PDF using a PDF viewing program called Nitro Reader. Works on most RPG pdfs
>>
File: PF Beastbrood.jpg (17KB, 291x411px) Image search: [Google]
PF Beastbrood.jpg
17KB, 291x411px
>>47549676
>The Rakshasha one

Not sexy?
>>
File: 1459500187065.png (398KB, 854x645px)
1459500187065.png
398KB, 854x645px
Is there any loophole one can exploit with the Augmented Blade so that I can have multiple psycrystals without the enhancement bonus penalty?
>>
Is the Anaphexia Mind-Killer (vigilante archetype) any good? Seems like you're getting some decent protections in exchange for the less valuable social talents and the no tongue thing can be completely negated with a single casting of regenerate.
>>
>>47549832
Very neat stuff I'm reading here, thank you.
>>
File: 1464405678806.png (176KB, 500x572px)
1464405678806.png
176KB, 500x572px
Who else is excited about the new Fleshwarping rules in Horror Adventures?

Also are there any homebrewed or 3pp Fleshwarping rules or similar abilities out there to tide me over until July?

Really I just have a hankering to make the bodyhorror-est character I can.
>>
>>47550181

>that pic
>can't unsee her tits as eyeballs
>can't unhear her abs as every stereotypical dumb cartoon character
>>
>>47550231
I see no problems with this.
>>
>>47550181
We do have one fleshwarping thing at the moment. the permanent version is slightly cheesy, though.
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/item-creation-feats/brew-fleshcrafting-poison-item-creation
>>
File: soulcradle26.jpg (336KB, 600x958px)
soulcradle26.jpg
336KB, 600x958px
>>
File: soulcradle18.jpg (206KB, 600x793px) Image search: [Google]
soulcradle18.jpg
206KB, 600x793px
>>47550312
>>
File: soulcradle48.jpg (161KB, 600x707px) Image search: [Google]
soulcradle48.jpg
161KB, 600x707px
>>47550322
>>
>>47550274
Ah, yeah I knew about that one. I probably should have specified that I was looking for bodyhorror-y, stuff other than that.
>>
>>47550312
>>47550322
>>47550345
Those are cow people, not tieflings/part demon.
>>
>>47550401
Visually whats the difference? If I brought them as a character portrait for a tiefling, I don't think anyone would bat an eye.
>>
>>47549676
We once had a tiefling girl in our party with a mouth like the predator.
>>
>>47546705
Damn that pixel art is nice. And such a limited pallet used so well.
>>
>>47550374
Then no, sorry, we don't have anything regarding what you're looking for at the moment.

except maybe a synthesist summoner, but even that's iffy.
>>
>>47550181
Aquanaut in Waves of Thought for Cerulean Seas.
God Hand from Red Goblin Games.
Metamorph from Liber Influxus Communis.
Bunch of stuff from Dreamscarred Press's Lords of the Wild playtest.

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
>>
>>47550374
How about the entire Alchemist class? That's got some pretty body-horrory stuff in the discoveries, plus spells like Vomit Swarm and Eruptive Pustules.
>>
>>47550677
Second for alchemist and expending every single discovery in getting tentacles.
>>
How does Pharasma feel about Dhampirs?
>>
>>47550677
>>47550637
Thank you good people. A friend is running a Magical Girl campaign and I want to make Carpenter's The Thing in a frilly dress.
>>
Anyone have a build for Skinshaper Druid?

What's the limit of Alter Self anyway? Can I change my sex when I transform?
>>
Could a priority like in SR system help to balance classes?

Attributes for the Point buy
Experience for class teirs available?
Race for races with Attribute caps

Maybe a couple others tossed on like something that increases or decreases feat & skill accumulation?
>>
>>47550946
>race attributes
when will the meme end?
>>
>>47551018
M-meme? I don't get it? Is it related to how IQ and Physical ability is connected to race? Did I say a /pfg/ taboo?
I meant like, instead of the races giving you attribute boosts they raise and lower point buy ceilings? More just to balance the high RP races then anything else so that goblins and kobolds and the races with low RP start to see some play.
>>
>>47550637
Happen to have links to PDFs or torrents of Liber Influxus and the Godhand? I found everything else okay.
>>
>>47551109
Don't got links. Godhand came out like this week and I don't know how to scrub my PDFs. I get the feeling it will be on the trove soon considering its from Little Red Goblin Games, and they already have a decent amount of stuff on the trove.

Liber Influxus has some good shit in it, but nobody ever pirated it.
>>
File: Concern.webm (497KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
Concern.webm
497KB, 512x288px
>mfw literally any character I come up with fulfills someone in my group's magical realm
>>
>>47551162
Make one that fulfills everyone's magical realm at once and then make sure you please everyone in the group. You know you want to.
>>
>>47551162

Got any examples?
>>
File: ChaikaHAPPENING.jpg (190KB, 971x821px) Image search: [Google]
ChaikaHAPPENING.jpg
190KB, 971x821px
>>47551162
I know that feel too well, brother. The worst part is when even my most straight laced, blandest characters hit just as many magical realms as my full on joke characters.
>>
>>47551162
>>47551304
>tmw multiple people in my group have the same magical realm

including me
>>
>>47551232
Any mind-affecting spell, Barbarian/Bloodrager's Rage, any size small race, elves, Sorcerer Bloodlines, the idea of having a familiar, any planetouched race, Ki and anything to do with it, and so much god damn more.
>>
>>47549594
>"Valeros wants the flamethrower!"
"Val wants the WHAT?!"
>"That's what he said, now come on!"
>>
>>47551406
Build a Zweinhander Sentinel who is known as "The Mohel"
>>
File: 3jv1ycN.png (341KB, 553x546px) Image search: [Google]
3jv1ycN.png
341KB, 553x546px
>>47550110
bump
>>
>>47549345

Oh god, just noticed you can see outlines in the dress.
>>
>>47549345
Really? Does the text around her say that she has one? Pretty grody.
>>
>>47551651

It all but states she has a dong, with numerous allusions to her "unique appearance" and "shame when first undressing for a partner."

She's apparently a tucker, she doesn't actually want the dick or let people see the dick.
>>
File: Ayavah 1.png (497KB, 696x872px) Image search: [Google]
Ayavah 1.png
497KB, 696x872px
>>47551630
>>47551651
>>47551676

Decide for yourselves.
>>
>>47551676
Dammit Paizo, the japanese already solved this issue long ago.
>Draw a girl
>Call it a boy
There, you pretend to be progressive while only pandering even further to your male audience while trigerring some weird fetishes of raping fuckbois aka bridget effect. You dont need the broad shoulders and the manface that makes him look like a dude in a drag.
Fuck you paizooo, fuuuckkkkk youuuuuuu
>>
File: Ayavah 2.png (623KB, 696x874px) Image search: [Google]
Ayavah 2.png
623KB, 696x874px
>>47551783
>>
>>47551406
>Familiar
>Ki
Okay, how are these even fetish things? Like, the rest I can understand to an extent, but what?
>>
File: killing kakyoin like.gif (493KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
killing kakyoin like.gif
493KB, 500x281px
>>47551838
>Familiar
Depends on the familiar. Improved familiar? You have like, three kinds of fairy, a tiny bunny girl, etc. Regular familiar? Three words for ya m8: Polymorph Any Object

>Ki
Yea this one makes no sense to me either, unless there's precedent for lewd ki powers? Performance enhancing ki?
>>
>>47551838
Some people like to think that familiars can transfer sensations to the owner at any given time, and thus lewd things that happen to the familiar are "felt" by the owner.

An anon sometime last year wrote a whole WST bit based on a wizard creating homunculi for each of her party members that were treated like onaholes, and sent the sensations all at once to the wizard. She enjoyed it very much.
>>
>>47551838
>>47551874
>>47551879
The familiar thing was a creepy sort of power trip about having a small animal bent completely to your will

Ki had something to do with control over one's own energy. Basically performance enhancing Ki like >>47551874 said.
>>
>>47551077
not a /pfg/ taboo, I just dislike that races have attribute factors. Feels like that becomes the primary reason to pick or not pick a race.

ywn play a game using stat arrays of 18, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8, post-racial for the party
>>
What's the best way to locate people I haven't personally met? We got the common "missing person" quest going on.

I was trying to let the client use Feather Token (Bird) and follow it, but the GM get pissy about me using 300gp magic item to ruin his quest so I gave up on that idea.
>>
>>47552005
>GM got pissy about you foisting the work onto an NPC
>instead of having the NPC go off and get into the exact same bit of trouble, causing someone /they/ new to ask for help as well

Come on, that took me literally five seconds to think up.
>>
>>47551783
>>47551800
With how fucking cheap potions of sex change are, how has she not been swimming in them ever since her statues starting raking in the big bucks?
>>
>>47552028
too late for that anyway. Are there any spell that could search for people in 100 mile radius?
>>
>>47552048
Muh Struggle.
>>
File: TIRGEREDD.jpg (27KB, 497x346px) Image search: [Google]
TIRGEREDD.jpg
27KB, 497x346px
>>47552087
>>47552048
>>
>>47552048
Easy, developers and free-lancers don't always know every item in the game.
>>
>>47552048
Because most of the paizo staff want to shoehorn in shit like this and can't think for a few seconds about how even a level one commoner could mathematically earn one in like five years, less if you factor in the fact that they should level like a year or two into the process and drop it to something like three years of work. That's assuming they were doing the shittiest work they could and taking 10 on all the rolls for it.
>>
>>47552048
It's entirely possible she doesn't know they exist.

One thing /pfg/ often forgets is that characters in-universe do not /have/ the knowledge that we do about the mechanics on which their world functions. Characters often make suboptimal choices because there's no concept of 'optimization' in Golarion.

It's like someone from Golarion assuming that we ALL know how to build, program, and maintain an iPhone.
>>
>>47552048
Maybe she likes being hermaphrodidic? I mean... I didn't see anything to suggest the character is trans...
>>
I mean, commoners still need to pay for every day necessities. Paying five years worth of money into an item is a massive massive investment for anyone.
>>
>>47552150
If I recall, that was like five years at the barest minimum. Commoners would also have things like stat bonuses and class skills. Maybe even Skill Focus if they're really good.
>>
>>47552123
Most of those characters have been written by a few people, one who wrote in an expensive as fuck series of potions that do it over a period of years but don't let you choose how you look after, who have been repeatedly informed that the items exist but argued that it wasn't realistic to the experience (note that none of them are trans and have had a number of trans people on here pissed at them).

>>47552126
If you wanted to do X in a world like Golarion wouldn't you do some research, especially if you were in a city, to see if there was an easy way to do it instead of suffering?

>>47552136
It mentions her being embarrassed by it, one would assume she doesn't like it then.

>>47552150
That calculation is actually factoring in necessities. It's like saving up for a new car or a vacation, it'll take some time and all the extra money from your paycheck but it's your choice. Most of the people we see wishing to do this are adventures who could easily save up for a potion or otherwise monied.
>>
>>47552181
The math I saw was based on a commoner with no bonus to the relevant stat and no useful feats, they just had a skill rank so they were getting 14s for years. One would assume a commoner would have a bonus to the stat relevant to their work and probably a feat for it too.
>>
>>47552186
>Wouldn't you do some research?

That's assuming anyone has a concept of the game rules - which they don't.

Wizardry is "easy" only to those who "get" it - who tend to be, you know, Wizards. The most your average Commoner is going to know about Wizards is that they do magic with their book smarts and tend to ramble on about things nobody cares about.

So, you know, the same way non-celebrity scientists are often seen.

The people of Golarion have, get this.

ABSOLUTELY NO WAY OF KNOWING THEY ARE CHARACTERS IN AN RPG.

EVEN THE GODS DO NOT HAVE THAT KNOWLEDGE.
>>
>>47552228
Well if they don't get it, why would they assume a wizard can't genderswap them?

They DO know they live in a world where magic and fantastical things can happen, why would 'can get rid of my dick' be something they don't even potentially wonder if a wizard can do or not?
>>
>>47552228
But they do know there's magic and where magical people gather, hell there are stores that sell magic. Wouldn't they go and ask if there was any way to do what they were trying? This has nothing to do with meta-knowledge, just not being an idiot.
>>
>>47552249
Especially when wizards can change their forms entirely
>>
>>47552249
>>47552265
There's monsters that do it. Why not just, you know, ASK a wizard if it's possible?
>>
>>47552228
And this bitch has a good paying job and magic. I don't care about the average commoner. I am talking about this specific tiefling that makes statues for noblemen, lives in Magnimar, and is an 8th level sorcerer that even knows alter self (presumably how she was able to hide her wang from lovers.)

Hell, even after travelling to the shithole the PCs are at, she has 341 gp in her pocket and a 500gp statue she made.
>>
>>47552252
Maybe that's it? All the non-idiots got their dang genderswap potion and live happy lives. So all we've got left are the Fantasy Shortbus.
>>
>>47552252
And how many non-Wizards have INT scores above 10?

>>47552249
Because just like real people, most folks aren't curious enough to ask all the questions they need to ask, and tend to assume things are set in stone even when they aren't.
>>
>>47552296
If real people thought things were set in stone we wouldn't be fucking mother nature in the arse for gender reassignment surgery in the first place.
>>
>>47552283
>monsters that can swap people's genders

Explain further.
>>
>>47552292
That makes total sense.

>>47552296
You barely need an 8 to put 2 and 2 to together and most of these people we see are trying to buy exactly what we're saying they should, they're just paying an arm and a leg for a shittier, more expensive version because it's more suffering.
>>
>>47552283
I mean, by fluff wizards are supposed to be pretty rare. Obviously that's not how it works in games with PCs, or by an optimization standards in the world, but that's how it is.
>>
>>47552296
Statistically, at least 50% of the non-heroic population generated with 3d6 rolls have an Int score of 11 or higher.

If we're talking 3 point buy, which is the other standard for NPCs, probably just about all people who make something for a living, and crafting focused Adepts.
>>
>>47552296
Officially, "arcane NPCs" and "skill NPCs" have INTs of 13. So, casters, crafters, artists, thieves..
>>
>>47544927

I'm tempted to say yes. You just add in all the extra damage, and consider your default damage to be 0 + 0 * str/dex.
>>
>>47552342
And anyone that wanted something would probably know one of the people that knows a solution unless they lived in a distant village and NEVER talked to anyone.
>>
>>47552342
The Pathfinder standard for NPCs is actually the 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8 array.
>>
>>47544927
FLAMING COWBOY ENGAGE
>>
>>47552376
So assuming a random distribution of those those stats, People have a two-thirds chance to have 10 or higher Int.
>>
>>47552338
Don't need a wizard, just anybody that can make the potion (you just need the right craft and polymorph) or even a girdle of opposite gender.

>>47552342
Most characters we see who want this are adventures or crafters.

>>47552370
Most that we see who want a genderswap are in cities or travel as their job.

Adventures could easily donate the girdles too since they're multiple use.
>>
>>47546376
Yeah... you could technically...
The Gambler too.

Okay, at highest levels, IF you want, your endgame can be, again IF you want - in the same way that the wizard can just move to his demiplane and never leave IF he wants - your "final" act can be a permanent time-stop. It technically requires a small action cycle, but, well... That's like saying "from now on remember to breathe". You're getting literally forever in exchange.

You can just end time in relation to yourself and walk off into an eternal sunset.

Obviously though, much like "I permanently move to my demiplane", you DON'T DO THAT IN-GAME if you want to keep fucking playing, for very very obvious reasons!
>>
>>47552338
Are they? I thought they aren't common but anyone can be a Wizard if they try.
>>
>>47552126
>>47552228
This particular example isn't some dirt farmer, its an 8th level sorcerer with a not-great-but-not-terrible 13int/10wis. Casters not knowing every little trick and specific broken spells is understandable, but a relatively experienced caster overlooking an entire category of spells (she even knows one already!) that could permanently solve her dick problem is really pushing it. Especially when she's obsessed with succubi of all things.

She's a couple levels short of being able to craft a potion herself, but with her successful art career just buying one wouldn't be a big deal.
>>
>>47552338
Basically every town has an apothecary or alchemist, though, and it's generally only a short trip to a city that actually does have wizards.
>>
>>47552401
And even a random distribution is.. EXTREMELY generous. The official distributions are:

>Melee NPC
>13 STR, 11 DEX, 12 CON, 9 INT, 10 WIS, 8 CHA

>Ranged NPC
>11 STR, 13 DEX, 12 CON, 10 INT, 9 WIS, 8 CHA

>Divine NPC
>10 STR, 8 DEX, 12 CON, 9 INT, 13* WIS, 11* CHA
Swap WIS and CHA if they're a CHA-based caster

>Arcane NPC
>8 STR, 12 DEX, 10 CON, 13* INT, 9 WIS, 11* CHA
>Swap INT and CHA if they're a CHA-based caster

>Skill NPC
>10 STR, 12 DEX, 11 CON, 13 INT, 8 WIS, 9 CHA

Given that "skill NPC" covers things like "Profession (Farmer)" or "Craft (Blacksmith)", the VAST majority of random NPCs are going to have 13 INT.
>>
>>47552186
>It mentions her being embarrassed by it, one would assume she doesn't like it then.

It actually doesn't, it says she conceals it, but never that she's ashamed of her body. Her heritage is concealed partially out of shame, but that's a whole 'nother issue.

Honestly, I actually think this is the best character out of the bunch. Her internal conflict is well defined but not of world shaping importance, her traits and flaws are both clearly visible, and there are several pretty clear ways for her to serve as both a protagonist and an antagonist, depending on how the party treats her. All traits that define well-written NPCs.

Given the lack of character complexity in WotR, I'm quite surprised Ayavah turned out as well as she did, and if I didn't love designing character as much as I do, I'd totally use her for something.
>>
>>47552228
Actually it's a step worse: The decisions, actions and backgrounds of numerous NPCs on Golarion explicitly do not function UNLESS they have a certain level of metaknowledge in regards to the setting, and are ACTIVELY choosing to Stormwind themselves.

For example, there ARE bows in Numeria. And they ARE easier and faster to learn than Guns. AND stronger than guns. AND quieter than guns. AND longer ranged than guns. AND much faster firing than guns. AND HUNDREDS OF TIMES LESS EXPENSIVE than guns.

Someone choosing to become a gunslinger is actively deciding to learn to fight from less-afar the hardest way possible. In fact, atop all this, they couldn't possibly have achieved proficiency in their firearm without several years of experience or extremely affluent backing, so it's entirely possible they not only were adventurers but have somehow de-levelled or respecced themselves using various methods in the first place, otherwise it would be impossible for them to be level 1!
>>
>>47552612
>my next gunslinger's backstory is "psychic reformation gone horribly wrong"
>>
>>47552645
It's a clear case of "mechanics fighting the fluff every step of the way".

In order to achieve some of the characters, we have no choice but to assume that certain aspects of the game's mechanics are in fact known by those within the world to a certain extent. They may not know them numerically in the same way we do, but they at least can tell there's a functional difference between various things.

Many of the spells and abilities *REQUIRE* such knowledge to operate, let alone ever have been created to exist in-world!

Now, this isn't a bad thing per-se: If you think about it, it's basically learning the physical laws of your world. It's like discovering that neutrinos have mass, or that you can exert force using photons, shit like that. SOME of what we call "metaknowledge", particularly in direct relation to the mechanical aspects, would require a very special level of disbelief in order not to be noticed.

You can't NOT notice that certain weapons are particularly sharper or better at their job than others. That's not a bad thing; we do the same in real life.

However, it does mean that some things required conscious thought, especially exotic weapons or spells that would simply not be taught, and are actively worse than anything else available you already know how to use.
>>
>>47552612
I really hope that, when Starfinder rolls around, they make some guns that are available to level 1 characters that are actually good. Pathfinder's Modern firearms are actually, believe it or not, pretty damn good weapons.

Take the Madsen Light Machine Gun, for instance. 2d6 damage, which is as much as a greatsword for anybody that doesn't have a strength bonus, x4 crit which is excellent, 100 foot increments, which is as much as a longbow, being advanced firearms means they target touch AC within the first 5 increments, and while, being a machine gun, they chew through bullets like nothing else, it has a really impressive line effect that'll kill anything in that area if you apply enough bullet. The only problem is keeping a steady supply of bullets (easily solved by the Abundant Ammunition spell and the Rapid Reload feat) and the fact that it has a 10% chance to misfire.

Even the basic rifle or pepperbox rifle is actually really fucking good if you can afford it. 1d10 damage (and thus 2d8 if you upsize it), reloads as a free action if you have Rapid Reload, touch attack out to 400 feet, x4 crit. the only issue is that because it's a ranged weapon you can't easily apply stat based damage modifiers to it, and in a Guns everywhere world, that isn't even a problem since gunslingers get gun training at first level, trench fighters get it at third level, and Eldritch Archer magi just don't give a shit because they're applying Snowball to their bullets with spell combat.

So early firearms in the setting? Basically a curiosity for idle nobility. But once guns become commonplace or the availability goes up to "guns everywhere" it ceases to be a problem. I actually really like the guns Everywhere setup because it makes gun users really viable, even if you need a 1 level dip in gunslinger to get the most out of them.
>>
>>47552810
>So early firearms in the setting? Basically a curiosity for idle nobility.
Which, oddly enough, is basically what they were until somebody figured out how to make decent firing lines and guns became cheap enough to supply armies. Which is literally what we're looking at here.
>>
>>47552810
I know, I've been using a Madsen on my Warsoul for a while now.

Autofire requires a different kind of build, but it certainly has its uses!
>>
>>47552874
Except the problem with that is that by golarion's setting, rules, costs, mechanics, EVERYTHING...
What you say is impossible.

See, the guns are harder to train in than bows and crossbows (who themselves are being massively shafted too). Not easier.

The guns are also LESS penetrating and LESS damaging, MUCH more expensive and - as a result due to the crafting rules, which literally have no choice but to apply to craftsmen in the setting - thus longer and more difficult to craft. Their ammunition is worth the crafting of hundreds of arrows too.

You CAN'T afford a gun-line without being able to afford an entire army of archers, and it can't become "guns everywhere" because without the "guns everywhere" rule it is cheaper, faster and magnitudes more effective to simply train more archers.

In fact you CAN'T train most armies to use guns, because they won't have the feats to learn an exotic in the first place. Not when it's THAT hard to learn despite what in real life was one of its greatest advantages.

Guns on Golarion were specifically designed to be inferior in all ways to bows; so how could they ever be adopted to that degree?
>>
>>47552959
>In fact you CAN'T train most armies to use guns, because they won't have the feats to learn an exotic in the first place. Not when it's THAT hard to learn despite what in real life was one of its greatest advantages.

Firearms become simple weapons once they're common everywhere. Bows stay as martial weapons.
>>
>>47552989
True that. Even Commoners get proficiency with one Simple weapon.

And it's a simple weapon that's a LOT easier to hit with.
>>
I just realized that awaken isn't on Wizard/Sorcerer list...

How much UMD do I need to cast Awaken?
29 for Scroll + 30 for Ability score?
>>
>>47552874
>guns became cheap enough to supply armies.

This hilariously has truth to it.

A yeowman crafting his own bow has to carve two types of wood, glue them together, string them together and hope it doesn't break after an hour of stress tests.
A yeowman can build 5 bows in a week. And 50 arrows in a day.

Every part of a gun is made from cast-iron metal molds. All mass-produced, fit each other flawlessly, and the molds are regularly corrected until perfection can be achieved.
A workshop can build dozens of guns in a week. And hundreds of ammo in a day.
>>
File: Technologoys.jpg (156KB, 942x806px) Image search: [Google]
Technologoys.jpg
156KB, 942x806px
>>47553092
I do love technologoy.
>>
>>47552959
>>47552989
>>47553092
Once "guns everywhere" becomes the setting's assumption, firing lines actually become decently viable. 160 gold per peasant you give a musket to gives them 100 bullets to work with and a weapon that can fire them. After that, it takes about as much maintenance as at most an hour per day to unfuck a weapon you misfired with (or get one of your buddies to do it) and having a gunsmith or five on hand that can make more bullets should you somehow run out. And he'll make plenty of their fairly cheaply, too.

Rifles, revolvers, and other advanced weapons would generally only be in the hands of the affluent unless some peasant got it in his head to save up for a good one, and even then they'd cost silver to reload rather than the 15 gold they are now. Even less if you're building the ammo yourself.

Suddenly, these simple weapons that cost fairly little and can be built in like an hour are a really viable peasant weapon, and there's still decent higher quality ones for those who can afford them.
>>
>>47553092
>mining for metal is cheaper than chopping wood
>>
>>47553145
And you only need one of those peasants to get a single level of Gunslinger, and he's a happy camper. Unlike a bowman, who upon taking a level in say... Fighter, still needs a composite bow (Which still costs multiple hundred, depending on the strength rating you get), AND the strength to be able to apply that damage, while the newly christened Slinger only needs dexterity.

And they're commoners, they ain't got good point buy. A guy with 14 Dex is LightningHands McGee.

>>47553214
All wood is good for bowmaking.
>>
File: sad ampharos.gif (350KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
sad ampharos.gif
350KB, 500x281px
>mfw every time I try to homebrew a race, it ends up edgy

>Humanoids with Fast Healing due to being derived from Troll stock? Literally made in mockery of humanity.

>Monstrous Humanoid crocodilian offshoots that developed from a prehistoric terrestrial lineage? Literally constantly-salty ragebeasts due to only being able to live in salt marshes or on coastlines in tidal villages and enduring constant skin irritation from the sheer amount of salt involved, but unable to live in desalinated areas.

>Large beatstick Constructs from an alternate timeline? Literally soulless automatons with two ways of looking at lifeforms: 'target' and 'not target.'

And even then, I've never posted or even FINISHED any of these.

Am I just doing it wrong, or is there something legitimately wrong with me as a person?
>>
Test
>>
Quickly. Best ranged class; not talking about spellcasters (unless you count Magus).
>>
>>47553259
ALCHEMIST

Or anything with Solar Wind.
>>
>>47553145
>an hour per day to unfuck
Not even. If one dude in every twenty picks up a gunslinger level or Amateur Gunslinger (Quick Clear) he can be the squad repairman and spend a couple minutes every night making sure nobody screwed up their weapon.

>>47553259
Eldritch Archer Magus. If you don't want any magic at all, Fighter. If you don't want to bother using your point buy for dex, ranger, but that's a really low bar.

Alchemist if you don't want an actual ranged weapon and instead just want explosions.

If PoW is available, Gunsmoke Mystic is best.
>>
>>47553259
An AWT-using, throwing-dagger Fighter.
>>
>>47553092
Guns Everywhere makes commoners an actual threat actually.

Imagine your typical firing line.

You have 2 or 3 rows of gunners in the back. Two in reserves, loading or fixing their gun, while one of them fires, rotating their roles in concert. And then you got pikemen at the front to protect the gunners at the rear.

Mechanically speaking from a gameplay POV:
You have a row of commoners capable of dealing damage by ignoring your AC.
You cannot make a charge attack against those gunners because you'd be poked by a Brace weapon.
Take note Brace weapons are very effective against charging opponents (-2 AC) and against horsemen (Unless your mount is wearing heavy armor or you have an insanely high ride bonus)

And don't bring in the casters argument either. Those guys are more likely to get shredded by firearms because their go-to spell against arrows don't work against shot.
>>
File: smug redman.png (94KB, 300x297px)
smug redman.png
94KB, 300x297px
>>47553259
PsyArm.
>>
>>47553251
Here's a thought experiment for you.

Think about how those races would continue to live after all this.

Take the constructs. Would they last long like that? Do they have the capability to make more of themselves? Would they just slowly dwindle until they're extinct due to attrition?

Or do they develop in their own way?
>>
>>47553247
>All wood is good for bowmaking.

Lol no. Only a few trees are good for bowmaking. And those same wood has a lot of demand for carpentry.
>>
>>47553327
Yeah, I meant to greentext that line, but forgot to go back and do it.
>>
>>47553300
>literally classic infantry line tactics

They were popular for so long for a reason.
>>
>>47553300
So the only way to beat said encounter is to find cover (matching modern tactics) and then hit them with some kind of AoE, or to have such a ludicrous pool of health that you can charge their line without dying, which becomes harder and harder the more enemies you piss off.

Well, I definitely have my argument for my GM allowing Guns everywhere from now on. He rather likes horde encounters, but can never seem to get them to work.
>>
File: 1459731537519.png (451KB, 554x692px) Image search: [Google]
1459731537519.png
451KB, 554x692px
>>47553300
>Those guys are more likely to get shredded by firearms because their go-to spell against arrows don't work against shot.

>preparing windwall.
>Not just casting a fireball in the middle of the formation.
>>
I'm trying to make a character for a game I just joined that is an older hunting gentleman, like a British poacher. I can't find the perfect class for him, though. The DM is allowing third party classes on the pfsrd as long as it is okay'd by him first (he doesn't want any broken/stupid classes in his game).

Anyone have any ideas?
>>
>>47544542
>>47544619
Take misamisa from death note. She is a plane-touched psychopomp individual.

She can 'see' when people are supposed to die, that is all (I guess its a constant supernatural ability that allows her to know the ability scores and 'hitpoints' of things, with some sort of additional knowledge for situations like diseases). She found a death note that allowed her to kill people, but it's not actually part of her powers.
>>
>>47553375
Cannons didn't kill infantry lines as a concept, either.
>>
>>47553366
>So the only way to beat said encounter is to find cover (matching modern tactics)

Pretty much.
Hilariously, I recommended to the party that I roll a "Hole-chemist" for this very reason.
Trench Warfare is gonna be a thing since DM allowed guns everywhere. And a guy who can make foxholes anywhere while throwing magical mustard has would be a boon.
>>
>>47544927
I'd treat the lasso as a whip, albeit maybe an improvised one. So yeah, you 'could' but there'd be some downsides for not using a proper weapon.
>>
>>47553375
>Fireball
>Needs a 5th level wizard.
>A 5th level wizard who can cast it once, maybe twice if he's a real smartass.

Meanwhile, any 5th level PC class is gonna be a big factor in fights like this, not just wizards.
>>
>>47553382
>Soul Seer
>Rare tieflings have a peculiar sight that allows them to see the state of a creature's soul. They can use deathwatch at will as spell-like ability.
>>
>>47553418
If we're running Guns Everywhere, even fighters, barbarians, and rangers can get in on the fun, as by 5th level they'll likely have picked up a shotgun of some sort so they have an AoE option.
>>
>>47553375
>assuming that, like in any sane D&D world, there aren't segments ordered to save their readied actions for "someone starts spellcasting in range"
>>
What alignment would a mad scientist be? I know he's evil, but I can't tell if a mad scientist would be Lawful evil, Neutral evil, or Chaotic evil. The alignment system too fucked up.
>>
>>47553375
Lets be fair. Bringing a wizard in a firing match against commoners with guns is like bringing a V2-Russian Rocket against WW1 trench warfare infantry.
>>
>>47553378
>>47553378
I have the perfect one, but you're not going to like it...
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/ranger/archetypes/paizo---ranger-archetypes/trophy-hunter
>>
>>47553450
Depends - lawful means they have a personal code. Neutral means their only care is self interest. chaotic means they've likely gone full psychopath
>>
>>47553450
depends

Chaotic if you want a "screw ethics. I want to know what happens when I mix nuclear fission with darkmatter tech. FOR SCIENCE"

Neutral if you want a "I'm doing this for profit, glory and maybe if I'm lucky... immortality"

Lawful if you want a "I'm doing this for the sake of progress! Why can't you understand that splicing human DNA with Fox DNA is for the benefit of the human race?!"
>>
>>47553450
Think of Lawful vs. Chaos as "Stability vs. Freedom". Is he a mad scientist working with the patronage of the crown to perform distasteful experiments he'd never otherwise be able to do, in exchange for turning over anything that could be used in war? Or is he working out of a basement in a tumbledown shack, desperate to hammer together the device he saw in his fever-dreams before someone finds out?
>>
File: 1454682002738.png (508KB, 905x874px)
1454682002738.png
508KB, 905x874px
>>47553480
>Why can't you understand that splicing human DNA with Fox DNA is for the benefit of the human race?

Sounds like the best kind of mad scientist.
>>
>>47553480
>>47553481
So if a mad scientist was the type that enjoyed all sorts of human experimentation, experimented for the sake of learning and sating curiosity, and had the motto: "I am a man of science, not a philosopher! Keep your ethics to yourself and leave me to my experiments.", what do you think he'd be. By your guys' explanations, I think he'd be chaotic evil.
>>
File: 1447875976685.jpg (177KB, 706x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1447875976685.jpg
177KB, 706x1000px
>>47553498
Pshaw. A superior race would CLEARLY benefit from an enhanced sense of smell, as well as better nasal filtration!

It's like you don't even know how SCIENCE works!
>>
>>47553532
You're dealing with very dangerous levels of furry, anon. Turn back now, before its too late.
>>
>>47553507
That tells us more of his bent on Good vs. Evil, honestly.

Where Law vs. Chaos might enter better into the equation: HOW does he perform his experiments? In a dark, dingy, musty study, try everything once, and toss it if it doesn't work? In a sparkling clean, meticulously organized lab, testing with multiple data points and control groups?

>Capcha insists a roll of astroturf is food
>>
>>47553560
Turn back? From the pursuit of SCIENCE? Piffle! The coat of fur allows better retention of heat, requiring less be spent on heavy clothing during the winter times!

And while we're at it, all those tails? A waste of resources! How do you even end up with something like that? Last I checked, foxes only have ONE tail.

>>47553561
It all depends on how hungry you are! Let me tell you, sometimes there can be quite a drought between grants...
>>
>>47553561
He does his experiments where ever he can. His lab is anywhere he desires it to be. His datapoints are mental notes. His control groups are "not tested on" and "tested on".

He's insane. He's a MAD scientist after all.
>>
>>47552125
Those calculations were based on literally having *a* rank in any craft or profession skill and not using any variant rules that allowed you to earn more (by doing something like setting up a shop).

They also didn't account for stat bonuses or trained class skill bonuses. the only reason there was 1 point in the skill was because that's where you transition from unskilled silver piece labor to skilled gold piece labor.

And being that almost everyone has craft or profession as class skills...
>>
File: 1457489219513.jpg (205KB, 1379x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1457489219513.jpg
205KB, 1379x1000px
>>47553582
>implying a bed of fluffy tails is a waste of resources
>>
>>47553606
I'm saying that the skeletal modifications required for multiple tails is simply unnecessary when you could rather just make the one tail larger and more voluminous.
>>
File: 1451276234885.jpg (160KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1451276234885.jpg
160KB, 1280x720px
So my character recently became a minor fey lord after breaking the power of a Fey Queen.
Swanmaiden keep turning up at my door and promising to serve me in whatever capacity I ask while draping themselves all over the place and waggling their eyebrows, apparently they haven't ever had man-schlong and have aeons of thirst
Send help
>>
>>47552296
>And how many non-Wizards have INT scores above 10?

The vast majority of the universe? 10 is assumed to be the default average, unless you're taking racial penalties or something.
>>
File: 41e6d4321a244579235087ac48d024a7.png (935KB, 1000x1576px) Image search: [Google]
41e6d4321a244579235087ac48d024a7.png
935KB, 1000x1576px
>>47553629
Counter-rebuttal:
Dexterous Tail(s) > Bulky Tail
>>
>>47553647
>Now my son. What you must understand is that this fey lady's thirst has been passed down our family line for GENERATIONS! It's practically an heirloom.
>>
>>47553596
>his control groups are "not tested on" and "tested on"

>his control groups are "control group" and "treatment group"

>treatment group is one of his control groups

This guy is the most chaotic I've ever met, how does he breathe in the mornings
>>
>>47553386
Cannons didn't strike a 20 foot radius with perfect precision and 100% lethality outside of maximum firearm range, either.
>>
>>47553442
>even fighters, barbarians, and rangers can get in on the fun

Why would they? There's a reason why guns are simple weapons. They're not as destructive as a martial weapon in the hands of a competent martial class.
>>
File: 1458629757236.png (256KB, 1113x863px) Image search: [Google]
1458629757236.png
256KB, 1113x863px
>>47553659
Like you're going to get any reasonable level of manual dexterity from those!

I mean if we're after more dexterity, I've got something else I've been working on I could show you. Very practical.
>>
>>47553092
You're comparing cottage industry to actual mass production with interchangeable parts. It's pretty obvious when you're making a flawed analogy.
>>
>>47553596
>Shitty research procedure
Well if you ask /sci/ they will tell you thats really a MAD engineer
>>
>>47553597
Exactly, a commoner could easily save up in a year or two if they really tried.
>>
>>47553696
Thats because you can't mass-produce bows the same way you can mass-produce guns.

The effort required to build a bow is strikingly more laborious and time-wasting than making a gun.
>>
>>47553687
Because scatter weapons are an AoE, and against shit like swarms or a firing line, that counts for all the marbles. I can definitely see a fighter or barbarian picking up a blunderbus as a backup weapon in case the GM decides one of those two things at the party in a Guns Everywhere game.
>>
>>47553669
>>47553698
I'm imaginining one of his subjects trying to lecture him on what control groups actually are.

"No! You DON'T inject me! Come on, Slagathor the Unwashed, you can do this. Once more, together. 'We don't test the control group, because...'?"

"Beeeecause.. we need to save them for experimenting on later?"
>>
>>47553714
That's not entirely true, there are ways to mass produce bows, they just don't involve making them out of wood.

The real problem is that bows require skill to use, as opposed to point and shoot.
>>
>>47553731
What sort of things can you make bows out of anyway?

Was there anything you could feasibly use between wood/animal parts and carbon fiber/advanced metals?
>>
File: 316652-compound-bow.jpg (194KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
316652-compound-bow.jpg
194KB, 1600x1000px
>>47553714
You know, I bet if mechanical compound bows were a thing back when english longbows were the apex weapon of warfare, guns wouldn't be as prolific or common.
>>
>>47553750
That thing looks so fucking unwieldy. Where are you even supposed to grip that thing?
>>
>>47553750
>Mechanical bows

That's called a fucking crossbow ya dangus.
>>
>>47553757
In the center... like most bows aside from the yumi.

>>47553740
I was referring to things like fiberglass, because there really aren't too many things that we build *anything* out of that aren't woods, plastics or metals. Some things made out of horn or rock are the exception.
>>
>>47553728
>Slagathor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efndBfXHPxs
I like you for having good tastes.
>>
>>47553775
Well we're not up to fiberglass yet.

We've just gotten revolvers, fiberglass is a ways out yet.
>>
>>47553750
Not even with compound bows.
Its not a draw-strength problem, as the mongols proved after conquering 90% of China with a shortbow.

Its that they require actual training to be good at aiming with one.
>>
>>47553775
>In the center
Not with a small grip like that. Your aim will wobble without a proper grip.
>>
>>47553750
We had them, they were crossbows, and the answer is that guns would still be common.

The problem with bows and crossbows is in how it converts potential energy into kinetic energy. You can only make a bows draw strength so high before you're wasting energy on undesireable things like friction, heat and even potentially light. The only way to get around this is to build a bigger bow and use bigger projectiles, which doesn't always work because of logistics.

Reloading them also becomes a pain, and the actual mechanical interaction of creating potential energy via drawing the bowstring is *tiring*.

Guns however use a chemical reaction to create their energy, and once you've gotten to the point of rifling and cartridges, they become wildy better weapons. They're also considerably more simple to use, and they have easier logistics. They can also do more damage than a bow ever would.

As an aside this is largely why people who suggest futuristic 'sci-fi' bows are fucking idiots, use science and grab a fucking rail gun (literally fucking weaponized velocity, thanks newton), or a laser or some shit.
>>
>>47553846
So what you're saying is that Sir Isaac Newton is the deadliest son of a bitch in space?

I feel like there are potential advantages to bows, even in a scifi setting, but they'd be super-duper niche.
>>
>>47553810
>Murderhobo takes leadership feat.jpg
>>
>>47553846
What if I'm a loser who just think bows look awesome, and it's actually a form of railgun, projecting an electromagnetic field ahead of itself?
>>
>>47553867
The only advantage i can think of to using a bow in a Sci Fi setting is that it's a potentially very quiet physical projectile.

But even then, that's covered by Guass weaponry, which will do the job better and more efficiently.
>>
>>47553810
>Surrender and you die

This is historically accurate.
The Khan only allowed negotiations ONCE. If they refuse, they're all slaughtered even if they surrender.
This is both because the Khan is a pragmatic and petty leader.
He wants his name to be associated with fear. And because he is majorly pissed that he wasted time and men razing your kingdom when you could have taken the easy way.
>>
>>47553884
Pretty much. Maybe like, the ability to pick up and use an arrow again. But then the space you used on many larger arrows could have just brought you a bunch more bullets.
>>
>>47553884
I mean, it's basically the equivalent of Gundams.

Humanoid robots look cool, but are basically impractical. You'd be better off with.. nearly anything else. But we LIKE things that look cool.

Same for bows; some people think bows look cool, so our media brings us contrived reasons to keep using them, when there's tons of better options.
>>
File: tumblr_ngigkv2WLN1rslow9o1_1280.png (437KB, 678x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngigkv2WLN1rslow9o1_1280.png
437KB, 678x1920px
>>47553919
I like gundams.
>>
>>47553867
A clear advantage a bow could provide in a space setting is when the escalation of weapon technology, results in EMP devices designed to shutdown electronic firing weapons and microwave weapons to ignite "chemical" weapons (gunpowder).

This leaves you with the reliable kinetic bow.
>>
>>47553877
Why have that when you can have a laser that creates a plasma channel and then pumps electricty through the channel?

(laser makes air go away, creates plasma, also lets electricity pass through it). 3 part weapon, radiation from laser, plasma burns and finally giant electrical tasering.
>>
>>47553919
This is pretty much once I finally get the chance to drive around in a mech, I'll be going for a quad mech rather than a biped. Quad is easy to define as like a tank or spider drone with a fuckhueg massive turret on top. I don't need no fancy maneuvers and prancing about in a gundam knockoff - I want to be a mobile piece of artillery.
>>
>>47553933
>In the far future, everybody uses bows and nobody uses electronic firing weapons because EMP is incredibly common as fuck.
>>
>>47553919
There is some clear advantage a bipedal mech has over a quadripedal or wheeled mech.

But its NOT gundams.
Powered Suits motherfucker!

Tanks will become obsolete because the infantry IS the armored division.
>>
File: tumblr_nzoz3kaksz1rslow9o1_1280.jpg (479KB, 1280x1657px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzoz3kaksz1rslow9o1_1280.jpg
479KB, 1280x1657px
>>47553948
Nah. pressurized-gas, m8.

Or just... y'know. Replace the human element.
>>
>>47553933
People would just fall back on conventional chemically propelled weaponry, albeit with advanced warheads (phased plasma yay!).
>>
>>47553979
>>47553971
Yeah, lets just forget to put in a post-link why not.
>>
I was thinking of playing a psychic, because the 3rd party psionic classes seem much too difficult to learn in a short time.

Compared to other spell casters, how do they normally fare?
>>
>>47553971
you say that, but at the same time when we get around to having infantry armor at the level of tanks, the tanks will just have better versions of what makes the infantry armor so good.

>>47553996
The psychic is a sorcerer with a slightly different spell list and a few new class features. Make of that what you will.
>>
What happens if you try to greater disarm or psionic disarm someone with a weapon cord? Does the thing break or what?
I'm uncomfortable about the idea of a 1sp item potentially countering a major feature of my boss.
>>
>>47554010
I take that as "it's terrible compared to a competent wizard".

Okay then. Thanks.
>>
>>47554016
You'd have to sunder the cord first. Unless it teleports into your hand.
>>
>>47554023
If you think sorcerers are terrible compared to wizards, that's your bag, even if it's untrue. they're not as good, certainly, but we're talking, like, 7/10 versus the wizard being 9/10. Wizard is a pretty fucking high bar.
>>
>>47554037
What class would be a perfect 10/10 in your opinion?
>>
>>47554047
Gestalt Wizard/Cleric/Druid
>>
>>47554047
3.5's artificer with Pathfinder's magic item creation rules. Capable of doing literally anything any caster ever can do given a little prep time, and a good number of other things.
>>
>>47554047
there's a PrC that combines the Wizard and the Psion.
For even more shenanigans. There's a PrC that combines the Wizard with the Cleric.

So you could potentially end up with a caster that has Arcane, Divine and Psionic magic.
>>
>>47554047
Arcanist.
>>
>>47554073
I'm curious - do Arcanists count as spontaneous casters, prepared casters, or both?
>>
>>47554099
Spontaneous. They just change them day by day.
>>
>>47554112
Could they take that one feat that gives them extra spells known, then, to grow their daily list?
>>
>>47554047
Exploiter Wizard
>>
>>47554099
Both.
>>
>>47554118
Nope. Arcanists don't have spells known, they have spells prepared.
>>
What happen if I make an automatic reset trap of Heighten Mount and automatic reset trap of Alter Summoned Monster?

Can I create an infinite army of heaven?
>>
>>47553996
Play a Rebirth Discipline Psychic. It's allow you to be a lot more flexible.

Want undead minions? Find a good day and grab Animate Dead.

Want to try out new spell? Grab Paragon Surge or something.
>>
New Thread
>>47554201

>>47554201

>>47554201
>>
>>47554145
Yes.
>>
File: gnome_machinist.jpg (374KB, 650x1082px)
gnome_machinist.jpg
374KB, 650x1082px
>>47554072
We building triple threats now? How would you do it without Beholder Mage or Ur-Priest?
>>
>>47552989
I think the point is they wouldn't *become* guns everywhere because since they suck so bad and have none of the advantages they had in real life, they would never gain that level of popularity or production.

Becoming "guns everywhere" requires significant metaknowledge; at the very least of the fact that *doing so* makes guns simple weapons, as they would never be without it.
Thread posts: 467
Thread images: 105

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.