[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you ask 'That Guy' to leave the group without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

How do you ask 'That Guy' to leave the group without making it super awkward? This is the first time we've ever had to actually ask someone to leave and no one is really sure how to go about it. It's doubly awkward because while our regular GM is prepping his next game That Guy has decided he wants to run Curse of Strahd, but we had our first session yesterday and 90% of it was spent on him being frustrated and rules lawyering because all of us are playing 5e and he keeps talking about rules from 4e.
>>
P1: "Hey guy, before you sit down, there's something we'd like to tell you."
P2:"We're not really sure that your play style matches the tone of the game, or the way we play as a group, for that matter.
P3: We kindly request that you find another group to play with, as we don't believe you're compatible with ours. Sorry it turned out this way, but we wish you good luck in the future.

Or, if that was too autistic for you,

"FUCK YOU YOU DIRTY PIECE OF SHIT GET OUT WE HATE YOU YOU PUTRID CUNT GOD DAMN"
>>
>>47522005
Exactly how the group should handle all problems.

stage it as a "that guy" intervention.

Tell him he's been "that guy" and his options are to either shape up or leave.
>>
If you are not playing at his place... he will never know.
>>
>>47522005
>How do you ask 'That Guy' to leave the group without making it super awkward?
The same way you break up with someone without hurting their feelings: You don't.
Don't try.
Don't be a little girl torturing herself and everyone else involved by struggling to sweeten a shit sandwich.
Take a big bite, chew, swallow, and take another.

First, be certain that you cannot salvage the That Guy.
>HaveYouTriedDirectCommunication.jpg
See
>>47522160

Once that is done, see >>47522051
>>
>>47522051
Do this, OP. It's the adult way to end things.
>>
The passive aggressive way is to tell him the game is canceled due to other reasons such as change in work or class schedule and keep playing.

I usually just throw the lout out. 9/10 it's happened to them before because they have no social skills. I had to kick three teenage brothers out we called "the Bronies". The youngest I tried badly to save but the older two were terrible rules lawyers and neckbeards. They didn't have a car so I would pick them up. I told them we were starting a new campaign and wouldn't be able to give them rides any more. I think thier mother wept when she found out she wasn't getting rid of them for 4 hours a week.
>>
>>47522005
How the fuck do people keep asking this question about D&D players when it's IN THE GODDAMN DM MANUAL HOW TO HANDLE SITUATIONS.
>>
File: Things Only Weenies Care About.png (169KB, 310x325px) Image search: [Google]
Things Only Weenies Care About.png
169KB, 310x325px
>>47523205
>reading rules that don't help you get bigger numbers and kill people
>>
>>47522562
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HFRMtr_nRo
>>
>>47522005
That Guys take advantage of the fact that asking them to leave is awkward. Ignore social contracts, take a shit on his character sheet, and tell him to get the fuck out.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.