[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>insurance >bargains for the equipment and supplies >for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: HoMM III RoE.jpg (203KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
HoMM III RoE.jpg
203KB, 1024x1024px
>insurance
>bargains for the equipment and supplies
>for a mere 10% of total loot worth
Why haven't you enrolled to the Adventurers Guild yet?
>>
>>47454861
It doesn't exist since it's a stupid concept. How does an adventurer's guild work? What is the hierarchy, how do you determine who is a master and who isn't? Adventurers don't even have workshop's or anything similar.
>>
>>47454905
If you take a typical fantasy world seriously then it's conceivable there would be an organization that facilitates the "Adventurer" lifestyle, similar tot he Knight Templar of the crusades: Handle your holdings and finances for you while you risk your life doing what must be done.

Plus if the kingdom sanctions the adventurers then they want to be able to pick through the loot and restore salvaged relics and whatnot.
>>
>>47454861
Because my characters generally aren't suicidal enough to go on "adventures" willingly, let alone as a lifestyle choice. Generally they've been forced into it by some kind of extreme circumstances and are just hoping to survive through it this one time and then never again.
>>
File: 1227600427roycebyelfkintl5.jpg (36KB, 352x503px) Image search: [Google]
1227600427roycebyelfkintl5.jpg
36KB, 352x503px
Because I am a warden of my people, and use my sword and bow only in defence of our values, not some no-good grave-robbing cave-stalking murderhobo, duh
>>
>>47454905
The Adventurer's Guild probably isn't a guild as the traditional medieval guilds but, in a world where people risk their lives to unearth forgotten treasures, where magic is costly and consumes precious stone and gold, we can assume that this sort of treasure hunt in important for the economy just as much as monster slaying.

Adventurer's Guild should work more or less like a knightly oder and a bank, as this anon >>47454945 suggested. But also it should work as a sort of middle man, in a time without good communication networks, no postal service, no radio, no television or internet. The Adventurer's guild centralized both 'what needs to be done' and 'who can do it'. So here is what I'd propose.

The Guildmaster runs the guild, making decisions, and is probably elected for life, usually a retired adventurer. One of his main function is to 'Hold Assembly', where people from outside can come request the Guild's aid and expose their problems. Monsters or bandits causing trouble in the countryside, suspicious activity in the woods, children gone missing in town, etc. The Guildmaster's scribe takes note of that (since likely few people can read and write anyway), and weekly, the guild members in town gather in the main hall and the GuildMaster does the 'Reading of Chores', which is very cerimonial. The tasks at hand are assigned to members, volunteers prefered but if there aren't any, the Guildmaster can tell someone to go (although doing so makes you less popular and your life in general harder).

Adventurer that need financing for their quest are financed by the guild, paying for their trips and sometimes ransom and gear, and insurance to their loved ones. But when they are sucessful, they need to pay the guild a fee, part of their payment and loot. If they dont, well, their names appear in the next reading of chores.

Aside from that, people who sell horses, weapons, dry rations and all, would love a centralized hub that always need that stuff.
>>
>>47454861
>joining the guild
>not trying to outjew them by establishing your own one that has better dragons killed to dead adventurers ratio, doesn't ask stupid questions like "why does your grimoire look just like the one mentioned by Index Librorum Prohibitorum?" and encourages cultural enrichment of elven maidens
>>
>>47454905
Hierarchy is that the one who does the most adventuring is the master. In some guilds, the master has only ever been seen once.
>>
>>47455207
So the guildmaster is never around to master the guild? He's not really the guildmaster then, is he?
>>
>>47455173
Joining the guild also means claim of hospitality in other cities with a guild hall. Means that you, a bit like knights, have a code that is shared with other adventurers and while it's not always kept (like with knights), people usually frown on those that break it.

The guild also works as an information broker. Whenever someone gathers wind of a treasure they can hope to go search themselves, the guild buy the information for cheap, even if is just nonsense rumours, as long as the Guild Listener think it holds together. Later they piece this together into something solid, when possible. This way, the Adventurer's Guild is also a important place of knowledge, though of a specific kind.
>>
>>47455324
Also, a guild is a great way to gather adventuring parties together and provide a handy excuse for how you know each other.
>>
File: Witcher 3 wp.jpg (399KB, 979x551px) Image search: [Google]
Witcher 3 wp.jpg
399KB, 979x551px
So it's basically like the Witcher guilds?
>>
>>47455189
>better dragons killed to dead adventurers ratio
So, the most important thing is your Dragon Kill Points?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.