[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say, how strong would a 10km tall giant be as a final boss, assuming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 14

Say, how strong would a 10km tall giant be as a final boss, assuming magic prevents the square-cube law from kicking in and that he can move as fast as a normal human would proportionally?
>>
Depends. Does he have a weak spot?

Perhaps his face is covered in a mask that, if pulled off, would spell extreme pain for the giant and possibly death?
>>
>>47401309

Har har har
>>
Hold on OP I can answer that
>>
As long as we are ignoring the physics that says something can't be that big it would be really fucking strong. Assuming scaled up human proportions it would have roughly 166 billion times the muscle mass of an average human.
>>
Well the tl;dr answer is that it would be essentially impossible for the PCs to fight. If the PCs stood a chance it would just be Home Alone with modern military weapons. It would not be feasible, or remotely logical, to try to melee it with thumb tack sized weapons.
>>
So strong you either need to be playing a spectacle creep game like exalted, it will be unsatisfying because you have to pull a deathwing/dragon god, or you need to rethink it.
>>
>>47401285
He'd be striking with the force of small thermonuclear warheads, I'm pretty sure.

Proportionately scaled means that if I can throw a 90 mph punch he would be throwing a punch at over 466,000 mph.

That's with 1-1 scaling and not actually accurate scaling, though. So take that as you will.
>>
>>47401285

Wouldn't it sink into the ground under its own weight?
>>
>>47401285

>10km

Son, that's beyond "Giant."
>>
>>47401409
He's the biggest guy in the Prime Material Plane.
>>
>>47401404

>466,000 mph

Pumching at three times the speed of Halley's Comet with god knows how much mass behind it.

No biggie.
>>
>>47401285
>Say, how strong would a 10km tall giant be as a final boss, assuming magic prevents the square-cube law from kicking in and that he can move as fast as a normal human would proportionally?
I don't think proportionally is what you're looking for

10,000 meter tall giant
For simplicity, a tall human is about 2 meters
Proportionally then our giant is 5,000 times taller

The average human can easily manage a 10-minute-mile, which would be a jogging speed of 6 mph or about 10 kph
Multiplied by 5,000 that would be a giant going 50,000 kph

For reference, Mach 1 is 1234 kph
>>
>>47401409

>really, really big dude
What else do you call it aside from giant?
>>
>>47401477
>>47401409
>>47401404
OK OP, I think you want to scale down to 100 feet or so
>>
>>47401489
Titan, Demigod, Colossus, it could have no species name, just a personal one, being a unique being.
>>
>>47401285
I don't know what kind of PCs you have but I would point out that 10km =/= 1km. A 1km giant is a little bit bigger than the one in your pic. I have sent my PCs up against a 1km long serpent once, on the basis that they were literally the children of the gods that created all reality and this is the sort of shit that a squadron of Hercules' would do.

A 10km giant would have to crouch in order to pass under the reach of 'high' cloud cover such as rainbearing clouds, and in 'low' cloud cover conditions noone would even realise it was a giant, two pillars would periodically spear down from the sky to crush vast swathes of land.

It would be utterly unassailable by anything short of tricking it into a Locate City Nuke.
>>
>>47401285
There's a monster in the Epic Level Handbook somewhat similar to that.

It's basically a walking godling-glacier with white dragons nesting on it. CR 30-something. If you want this colossus to function as a monster either you or your PC's are SOL.

If you want PC's to stand a chance you'd better just make the giant a massive, moving dungeon for all intents and purposes. PC's sneak up and into it and have to make their way to the center to stab the magic death maguffin.
>>
>>47401489
This creature is nothing less than the end of life as we know it, it's a little beyond a really really big dude.
>>
>>47401309
Sneak attack banepost
>>
>>47401285

>taller than mount everest.
Time to go shadow of the colossus on his ass.
>>
>>47401525
>It would be utterly unassailable by anything short of tricking it into a Locate City Nuke.
No one ever satisfactorily explained to me why that spell should actually work
>>
>>47401285
Yeah if the thing stomped full force it may have enough power behind it to destroy a continent.
>>
I feel like a 10 kilometer tall giant would be more interesting as a benevolent god who can't interact with the world without destroying stuff.
>>
>>47401552
If you did it'd be a hell of a climb.
>>
>>47401525
This, 10km is really big, mount Everest has a height of ''only'' 9 km
>>
>>47401285

10 km tall giant is doable, but having it move proportionally fast puts it firmly into silly territory.

Say it takes two steps to cover ones height when walking, and you walk at one step per second. Our giant walks at 5kps, breaking the sound barrier. By walking.
>>
>>47401555
You exploit the fact that you can add damage types to non damaging spells when using this one feat to add a damage effect that depends on the spells area and then use a spell with a stupid large area.
>>
>>47401285
I'd suggest going with a different approach.

Have the PCs catch a ride on a dragon / huge bird to get on his shoulders.

Have them infiltrate his body, it's basically a huge, horrible dungeon.

They get to his heart, destroy it. (perhaps he has more than one heart). Then have to escape or get crushed as he falls down.
>>
>>47401533
unleashing a death spell inside of his heart big enough to kill an entire country might stop his heart, send a lich in there who doesnt have to breath and with high enough armor and wards to not get ripped to pieces by the giants blood pressure and you might have a chance.
>>
>>47401663
>They get to his heart, destroy it.

His heart alone would probably be a kilometer tall, and beat hard enough to actually kill someone with an impact, and the space it could move with each beat means that if they get in melee range they will be struck by a heart.

Ain't that some shit?
>>
>>47401661
Nono, mechanically yes, but I meant "why should any GM accept that"
>>
>>47401710
Its in the rules, why play the game if the rules dont matter
>>
>>47401710

>A wizard is perfecting a spell capable of destroying an entire city

Sounds like a plot hook to me
>>
>>47401285
you're gonna have to find it but someone asked damn near the same question a few months back and between 3 threads here and on on /sci/ we figured out that any movement at all of a being that big would sink it down to bedrock and cracking that bedrock severely. depending on where, lets say japan, that may be enough to punch it through the mantle.
If it attempted a jump that was similarly it would be like a small meteor hit the area at speed, anything within around a 1 mile area would be vaporized, including a flesh giant, and beyond that the concussive force would flatten things for another mile or so. The seismic activity alone would decimate the continent.
Assuming you did something stupid like hamstring it? The snap of that muscle would be so loud everyone would be dead for around 500meters and 1km out would be hearing damage. The fall to the knee would almost certain cause local but devastating tremors. the amount of blood it would leave behind would fill a small lake and would poison the area in general due to salt and iron being to prevalent in the soil for anything to grow. The amount of CO2 given off by its corpse would raise the global temp permanently by around 1 degree which means killing 10+ of these guys if not less could cause catastrophic run away global warming.
Assuming you somehow broke its bone the crack could be heard for a few miles around and just stack an extra 200-400 meters distance to the hamstring bit depending on bone size.
There was more, a lot more, but i can't recall and i have to go to work.
Oh, and sex between 2 would devastate continents as the vibrations pass through the mantle like a shitty mattress and would cause magnitude 7+ earthquakes(the closer to the mantles resonant frequency between movements the worst it would be) pretty much everywhere and for some time after the deed is done due to aftershocks.
>>
>>47401848
I know it sounds crazy but when you start doing the math anything beyond 500m doing shit is extraordinarily bad for everything let alone 10km.

I know for a fact at least the /tg/ threads are archived and it ended up being a huge /sci/ thread so i'd imagine theres one on whatever archive they use.
>>
>>47401857
How bad stuff is at 500 meters of it's still acceptable?
>>
>>47401857
Oh. And the instant they hit full stride, literally every step after first step for humans, they'd hit Mach 22 and the build up alone of the initial stride would probably kill everything in the surrounding area, literally liquifying their innards and possible their outtards, with concussive force.
>>
>>47401682
That will make for an ever better challenge, especially if the players didn't prepare for it.
Worst case scenario, they have to get out of there and fetch a balista.
>>
>>47401890
Thats a lot of math but from what i remember assuming it jumped straight up and landed the local area within around 10km would feel a 5-7, depending on proximity, earthquake. Being within 200m of the epicenter would probably make you go deaf and have a good chance at some internal damage. 100m inward is death.
It wouldn't sink through the top layer to the mantle every step but a jump might do it. Stride would still be just above the speed of sound and its punches would still be mach 32 give or take.
>>
>>47401946
The concussive blast of the heart alone would kill them if they were inside the chest cavity. If it laid down and you were within 1km you'd probably feel its vibrations like a train on the tracks a block away.
>>
I don't wanna be the guy who bring his favourite shows into everything but Berserk had an interesting fight with a giant enemy, even when you get inside it there are multiple "parasites" inside it in sort of symbiosis wit the giant, protecting it from internal invasions. And the heart had a beat so strong it dealt damage and ruptured eardrums if you got within attacking range. And like has already been said, a 10km giant would have almost continent shattering power, so fighting it with normal combat rules wouldn't really work.
>>
>>47401986
By the way. The punches on the smaller one would still vaporize the air and create a plasma discharge. Can't tell you how much or how bad it depends on altitude, fist dimensions, and aerodynamics but the 10km one would hit mach 651-2 and the discharge would probably pop a hole in the atmosphere and be similar to several nukes if the hit made contact.
>>
Now, what if the thing could move at the speed of sound?
>>
>>47402049
It can move a lot faster than that.
>>
>>47402030
Well, if you were to calculate of power of punches of the 500 meter one, how strong would these be then?
>>
>>47402029
The sea beast in berserk, IMMENSE as it was, was still only like, 3km across tops.
>>
>>47402049
>>47402054

I think the person meant limiting the speed to speed of sound.
>>
File: image.png (55KB, 195x195px)
image.png
55KB, 195x195px
>>47401986
Interesting thing:

This guy? In anime he was 270 meters tall
>>
>>47401682
top kek

his heart alone would cause the earth to tremor when he saw a particularly nice rump-shaped mountain.

OPs concept is ridiculously unfeasible
>>
>>47401489

That guy is half the length of Manhattan, give or take a couple hundred feet.
>>
>giant would weigh 8 billion tons.
He's a big guy.
>>
>>47402064
Impossible to accurately gauge accurately but somewhere close to a very large bomb. It'd probably take out manhattan and the concussive way would kill more outside the island.
>>
>how strong would a guy be, who could lift a Tarrasque up and boop his nose like a goddamned rabbit

I dunno, OP.
>>
>>47401309

Maybe removing said mask would only upset the giant and result in extreme pain for the party instead.
>>
>>47402144
... For you.
>>
>>47402156
Regardless, I think we can all agree on the fact that the giant is indeed a big guy.
>>
Will the thing lay waste to galaxies?
>>
>>47402187
for you maybe
>>
>>47401285
The largest animal to ever live is the blue whale at a peak of 110ft long.
Phalanx, the largest Colossus is 557ft long. Dalamadur, the largest MH monster is 40km long and coils around a whole mountain. Raviente, the second largest is 25km long and exists across an island's ecosystems.
All three fictional animals are kinds of wurm.

You didn't think this through or have no sense of scale.
>>
>>47401285
Doesn't matter, grow one of your party members or make a huge construct, mechagodzilla that shit.
>>
>>47402225

Sometimes, you have to go where no one has been before.
>>
>>47401285
Could you set him on fire?
>>
>>47401285
how long would it take a being of this size to completely wipe out all life on a planet? considering his footsteps are similar to small nukes
>>
>>47401489
Big guy.
>>
>>47402333

All he has to do is punch down really hard and it would be an extintion event.
>>
>>47402357
All he has to do is sit down abruptly.
>>
>>47402225
>to ever live
um..
>>
>>47402362

Punch has the absurd magic mechanical strength behind it.

Gravity is still 9 meters per second squared here on earth, and while it would be a big hit, the other would be much, much bigger.

Fun fact: Trying to sit dow through gravity alone would take him about 30 seconds of falling down.
>>
>>47402364
He's right, though. In the water you get all the support you need, so you can grow super huge. Plus there's something about being large and its effect on efficiency in motion through water but I can't recall it now.

Dinosaurs are cool, but they ain't no whale
>>
>>47402694
The bigger you get the less surface tension between water molecules becomes an issue therefore less drag and more efficient movement.
>>
File: 3546167-aquaman+v3+43+-+02+&+03.jpg (695KB, 1372x1316px) Image search: [Google]
3546167-aquaman+v3+43+-+02+&+03.jpg
695KB, 1372x1316px
>>47401285
He would be as strong as a volcanic eruption, and as fast as the following tsunami.

This is clearly a job for the retarded Electric Superman!
>>
>>47401285
Just for reference as well, the Burj Kahlifa is about 830 metres to the very top of it's radio towers. So your giant would be over ten times as tall as pic related.
Meaning that tower would barely even reach over his ankle.

Fucking actual Christ that is big dude, maybe scale it back?
>>
Just a normal footstep from something that big would fracture continents. If he were to stomp the entire world would feel it.
>>
>>47403333
so are you saying...

it would be extremely painful?
>>
File: AsurasWrath_03.jpg (138KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
AsurasWrath_03.jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
>>47401285
Biggest doesn't mean strongest!
>>
>>47401285
You've set no parameters for his physical limits other than "he's not limited by this", so within the confines of your limitations there's basically no limit whatsoever to how strong he can be.
>>
>>47403470
>grows huge as fuck
>hit him
>it took so much out of him to get that big that he just keels over
>>
File: 1292063491785.jpg (18KB, 365x275px)
1292063491785.jpg
18KB, 365x275px
>>47401409
I think we've reached Titan levels, and not fuckin animoo titans either. I mean straight up before the sexual deviants the Greeks called gods Titans. You know, the guys who created creation and made the gods. Them. Fuckin huge. One might even say XBOX HUEG.
>>
>>47401421
for you
>>
File: 1463373229031.png (166KB, 645x580px) Image search: [Google]
1463373229031.png
166KB, 645x580px
>>47401756
Do you even know what a dungeon master is?
DM > an unintended exploit in the rules
>>
>>47401756
The rules are for facilitating the game, not the other way around.
>>
At speeds of that magnitude, I'm pretty sure the ground would not be able to give meaningful footing for him to move at anything but the slowest of a crawl.

From his perspective it would be like walking on really slippery sand on a low gravity moon.
>>
>>47402347
for you maybe...
>>
>>47401285
This only works if you are fighting outside of Earth, and at that point I hope your melee weapons can project force or at least cut so hard they shatter planets.

You are basically fighting Super Galactus
>>
>>47404039
The question is, are they naked?
>>
>>47405907
A Titan mushroom stamping the earth? Make it happen.
>>
File: 1454705995993.jpg (682KB, 1950x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1454705995993.jpg
682KB, 1950x1350px
>>47401577
>turns out the giant is friendly, or at least thinks it is
>unfortunately it can't appreciate how much damage it's causing down at your scale
>to save the world, you must find a way to communicate and ask it nicely to stop destroying everything
>>
That's pretty much my campaigns endgame, a horrible asshole wizard is attempting to wake up a 7km comatose crab, in the belief that if it isn't woken and starved to death now, it will keep growing until it ruins the whole world.
>>
>>47401756
The very first rule of dnd is rule 0, which basically states the DM has the final say.
>>
>>47406620
Aim for weak point to deal massive damage.
>>
File: angry crab.jpg (23KB, 361x250px) Image search: [Google]
angry crab.jpg
23KB, 361x250px
>>47406716
>>
>>47406620
Tame it, then build a city on its shell.
>>
>>47401421
Which he plans on crashing with no survivors.
>>
>>47406817
There is a city on its shell, they just don't know. Also, I was simplifying it by calling it a crab, it's actually part of a race of crabfolk. And it's hard to tame something when you literally are smaller than a fruit fly to it.
>>
>>47406541
Write in REALLY BIG letters, or find a wizard to just project the message as an image in the sky. Or contact her telepathically.
>>
>>47401371
What if they crawled up its anus?
>>
>>47407241
They wouldn't matter. It'd be like asking what if some bacteria crawled up your anus and tried to stab you.
>>
>>47402152
A terrasque is like a bug to this colossus.

It could reach space if it held up its hands and jumped slightly.
>>
>>47407314
>Giant gets a running start, leaps up, grabs the Moon, and slam dunks it into the earth

Welcome to the Space Jam
>>
Fun fact. From the giant's perspective, it would feel like being in microgravity akin to being on a 2km diametre asteroid
>>
>>47407378

The moon is 384,400 km away from the earth. Our guy is big, but not that big.
>>
>>47401682
There was this almost exact scenario in Berserk where Guts was fighting one of the sea gods. After he entered this giant monster he slayed a shitition of monsters then he almost died when he came near the hearth because of its beatin. And I think that monster was "only" about 2-3 km
>>
>>47407462

You'd think a being that big would have multiple hearts to keep the blood flowing optimally.
>>
File: Shg2_.jpg (3MB, 2500x2500px) Image search: [Google]
Shg2_.jpg
3MB, 2500x2500px
With multiple hearts wouldn't it need multiple lungs and other breathing organs to keep the blood oxygenated.
It almost makes Shoggoth appear reasonable.
>>
>>47407291
If the bacteria had mountain shattering blows from their tiny bacteria swords they could at least give me an anal bleeding or intestinal infection

Also if you're small enough to climb inside the being and plant bombs on it's heart/brain well
>>
>>47407291
Soo... to fight a big dude like in OP, humanity would rather need to colonise it, procreate inside and on it while sapping its resources and surviving the immune system. A small group of heroes might have no effect, but what if a village of 1000 people or so settle in its guts?
They could use pieces of the ribs to fashion simple tools, furniture, buildings. Tap into the bloodstream to get water. There'd be an abundance of meat to eat, so protein and fat are covered nutritionally speaking. I suppose it's possible to get calcium from the bones, or possibly manipulate the mammary glands into producing milk and then get that instead. We might need to bring various molds and mushrooms along as well to balance out the diet, and I'm not sure how we'd best cover carbohydrates.
To dispose of our waste we could either dump it into the big dude's stomach or intestines, or just dump it anywhere we don't live really and let its immune system deal with it.

Depending on what tech level we're talking about we could do all kinds of fancy stuff by tapping the nervous system for electric power, or install a hydroelectric plant in its blood vessels. If no electricity we'll need a reliable way to make fires inside the big dude.

We'd basically be like the bacteria from abovementioned french cartoon. (Which was totally awesome, I watched it when I was a kid and loved it. Still do.)

(comment too long, part 2 incoming)
>>
(Continued from >>47407819 )

So what it boils down is that instead of trying to kill that big dude quickly and directly, we infect it with ourselves instead. We'd basically be flesh-eating bacteria, we could weaken some of its bones over time, we'd cause permanent infections by shitting inside it. We'll mess with its bloodstream, cause small amounts of bleeding all over as we gain drinking water. Of course we'll need to temporarily block off whatever veins we're building our powerplants in. It should be possible to just tie them off tighter and tighter until it's blocked, then cut it open and build the power plant on the inside, seal the vein again, and carefully let the flow of blood resume. So long as we can fight off the immune system better than it can fight off us, we're taking down that big dude just by existing inside it.
>>
>>47401710
Not having the social skills to tell someone "No."
>>
>>47401285
A littile perspective for you OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JqG3L42cCs

That just space mecha, so large it is itself piloted by a mecha sitting in its face, is roughly half the size of the guy you're referring to. You're on some grade A "my footsteps cause earthquakes" level shit right there
>>
>>47401285
The giant is 10 km tall. Your tallest people would be about 2 meters in height, most would be around 1.5-1.7m. For argument's sake, let's say the giant is 5000 times as tall as the average person.

So let's think about this in reverse. What if the players were reduced to 1/5000th of their size? They'd be about .3 to .5 millimeters tall. These players now have to take on a human target. At this point, they're going to have a very, very hard time quickly killing the target without falling back on some sort of chemical weapon (Which they probably can't easily bring enough of to do real damage in a fantasy setting), a biological weapon (Similar issue, though with enough time an infection would prove fatal), or perhaps some sort of nuke.

I would go with a 1km giant at most, and probably half that or 1/10. That way your players would at least be on the millimeter or centimeter scale to take on such a creature.
>>
>>47406850

Just roll a nat 20.
>>
>>47409495
>>
>>47408855
The equivalent of a nuke from something so small would be popping soap bubbles.

This thing is endgame everyone dies scenario, OP fugged up.
>>
>>47407378
He wouldnt even nerd to do a chaos dunk.

He can just punch the ground as hard as it can and basically set of an extinction even.

Or do anything really. Imagine being vomited on by a 10 km colossus acid bile.
>>
File: Asura.jpg (158KB, 620x747px)
Asura.jpg
158KB, 620x747px
>>47403459
Third coolest boss/10
>>
>>47410781
a nuke would very much kill a 10km giant. the explosion is very intense with temperatures reaching tens of millions of degrees. additionally the amount of radiation is usually lethal.

basically it would be like if a tiny person shot a bomb at you which exploded in a 3 foot diameter. a 3 foot diameter isn't very large but if it hit you, you would definitely die.
>>
>>47411554

If the giant can already handle the ridiculous forces involved in standing his own mass and the momentum of his own movements, a nuke ain't gonna do shit.
>>
>>47411875
10 million degrees

what is the giant made out of? i'm not aware of any substance that can withstand 10 million degrees.
>>
>>47412160
Nigga, his head would be at the limits of earth's atmosphere. He'd have to stand pressure and temperature beyond puny nukes. His punches would hurt the earth harder than volcanic eruptions.

Are you american or north korean? Because "we wuz nukes an shiiet" doesn't scare anyone else.
>>
Honestly, 10km might be a bit over the top, dude. That's like 667 times taller than the largest form of Godzilla.
>>
>>47412160
What would the giant's body temperature be?
>>
>>47412266
you clearly don't understand that 10 million degrees is ridiculous. the giant would have to be composed of a substance which could be exposed to this temperature without vaporizing. what substance is that?

you also don't seem to understand the earths atmosphere. the atmosphere is way more than 10km deep.
>>
>>47401309
Here's your (for you)
>>
>>47412354
>>47412376

It certainly seems like having his head so high up there would make it incredibly hot.
>>
>>47412376

We're operating under the postulate that the giant can withstand it's own movements at a proportional speed.

Since he can turn the air around him into plasma by shaking his hands in the air somewhat fast, whatever he's made of has to be able to resist forces beyond absurd.

Nukes are big, but they're not beyond absurd.
>>
>>47402694
The largest living organism is a mushroom though.
>>
>>47401586
So,the question would be

What If Mount Everest starts moving?
>>
>>47412444
it's very cold at 10km up.

>>47412493
ops said it can move proportionally due to magic. there is nothing about the giant which allows it to withstand incredible heat.

if we want to figure out what can defeat a giant that can BOTH magically move proportionally AND magically withstand 10 million degrees then things become increasingly difficult. at a certain point you are just adding on invulnerabilities for no reason.

there is nothing intrinsic about being 10km that makes you able to resist 10 million degree temperatures. even if the impact didn't immediately kill the giant it would definitely succumb to it's horrific wounds.
>>
>>47412647

Air friction.

he'd burn to death while doing anything brisk.
>>
>>47412647
Moving at that size would produce hear beyond humanity's entire nuclear capacity, if it's not magically protected from that then moving at all would kill it.

OP has no sense of scale and you're a nukephile aspie that won't see the forest for the trees.
>>
>>47412906

>OP has no sense of scale

Excuse me? I was perfectly aware of how big a 10 km giant would be. that was the point of the thread.
>>
>>47412864
the fact that it can't realistically move doesn't negate the fact that it would die if it got nuked.

nobody has yet to explain what the giant would be made of that would make it capable of withstanding a nuclear explosion. why? because you don't have a good answer.
>>
>>47413356
>nobody has yet to explain what the giant would be made of
Something that could casually sustain movement at 50000 kph.
>>
>>47413356

Adamantium.
>>
File: Teridax's_Death.jpg (108KB, 770x330px)
Teridax's_Death.jpg
108KB, 770x330px
summon down the moon onto the giant's head
>>
>>47401710
Because silly power gaming can be fun sometimes.
>>
File: Dubious.jpg (72KB, 250x250px)
Dubious.jpg
72KB, 250x250px
>>47414544
>silly power gaming can be fun

Once, maybe. For about 15 minutes.
Because the answer to OP's question is: Not very. 10km tall magic people aren't very strong. Once you gimp an anime-tier power level topic like this one with "assume magic" debate becomes moot. Ex:

Assuming magic, I put two Magic Missiles center mass and one above the upper lip for good measure. BOOM! Headshot - and OP's giant becomes a gorillion tonnes of mulch just like that.

Yay magic!

>136 posts

Why, /tg/?
>>
>>47415492

there is no assumption

it must be that strong to survive its own existence.
>>
>>47401489

Anything he wants to be called?
>>
>>47401285
Literally unfathomable. Unless he needs more than... pick something stupid, say a trillion? STR to do something, he does it. His physical durability would be beyond absurd as well.

You can ignore how size makes something unfightable for only so long. This is not a fight. This is humans trying to take down a city. That could circumnavigate the planet in less than two hours at walking pace.

You now have permission to shit yourself.
>>
>>47401285
a) +1 for making a giant that is basically a massive moving castle dungeon

b) This is complete fucking nonsense:
>assuming magic prevents the square-cube law from kicking in

Seriously, what is that even supposed to mean?
The "square cube law" is just a rule of thumb about the durability of structures: double something (x2) in size in every direction, and it's four times (two squared) as sturdy (and by sheer convenience, muscles and most actuators are about four times as strong), but 8 times (2 cubed) as heavy.
What part of this is "not kicking in"? The giant's about 5000 times human scale, so is he more than 25,000,000 times stronger? Less than 125,000,000,000 times heavier?
That's completely apart from the fact that if it's moving at human proportional speeds, aside from the fact that it should make plasma shockwaves as it walks, its nerve impulses are traveling faster than the speed of light.
If what you want is, "I want this creature to move around like a human in a rubber suit on a miniature set" just say so, but also recognize that you've removed any basis for how strong it should be other than whatever you feel like saying it should be.
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.