[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me your greatest TPK stories. Whether you were playing or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: toxic-crystal-dice-orange.jpg (55KB, 700x533px) Image search: [Google]
toxic-crystal-dice-orange.jpg
55KB, 700x533px
Tell me your greatest TPK stories.
Whether you were playing or DM'ing I want to hear it.
>>
>>47330155
>picture
>d4
YES
>d6
Ok
>d8 and up
Fuck that shit.

>greatest TPK stories
Most TPK stories aren't that great.

Our DM was using a random encounter table during travel. He rolled the highest possible on the table and went with it, despite it being a few challenge levels too high. Everyone died. The end.

We once had a party with only one martial meatshield. An unlucky crit downed him and the dudes he was meant to steamroll took down the rest of the party while blocking the exit.

Once we ran an "oldschool" fully randomly generated dungeon and just played until everyone was dead.

Eclipse phase, the entire party may or may not have been infected due to player stupidity and we called an airstrike on our location.

etc. The details aren't that important, but the running theme I've seen is that the players do something stupid or get really unlucky and the GM just rolls with it instead of doing an asspull to save the players. Really I'm not sure which I prefer, getting shitstomped by another player's shitty decisions or DM hand holding. Both aren't that great.
>>
>>47330155
Tomb of Horror.

I was the last one still considering to enter or not to enter the SPOILER. Well, they were new characters, so not a big loss.
>>
File: image.jpg (380KB, 1196x699px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
380KB, 1196x699px
>>47330155
Am I allowed to tell a story of a time where I nearly TPK'd during a test game for a /tg/ homebrew we were refining?

Pic vaguely related
>>
>>47330155
My first Delta green session ended with us calling in a fuel bomb and my character getting trapped in Carcosa.
>>
>>47333835
Is that Jojo? Yes please.
>>
One of the members caught ghoul fever and ended up forgetting about it next session. He was the last to stand watch over the camp and turned before sun rise and ending up infecting the 3 other players.
>>
>>47330155

>Party in lost city in the jungle
>Send a troll for them to fight
>Party consist of a Fighter, Druid and Ranger
>Party starts, fighter almost instakill the troll on charge
>Ranger misses with all attacks
>Druid charges with quarterstaff and misses
>Trolls turn, crits the fighter, he's now dying
>Ranger and druid rolls awful
>Troll knocks ranger out with second crit
>Druid knows the troll is almost dead
>Tries quarterstaff again, misses
>Troll misses, I'm hoping the druid heals one of the others
>Druid spends 4 turns wailing and missing as the troll does the same
>Could have healed the others and have them kill it
>Troll almost full hp cause regeneration
>Troll crits again
>Awful
>>
We'd been competing against another adventuring party in a sort of friendly rivalry.

Eventually though without warning they stopped playing nice during one dungeon dive, and more or less butchered our party because it was sudden and unexpected. Only two of us survived, with one getting raped. That's the closest I've ever come to a TPK.
>>
>>47336729
>Druid
>Attacking with quarterstaff
>Not casting a spell
>Not summoning a bunch of wolves
>Not healing
>Not turning into a bear

That is a shitty, stupid druid, right there.
>>
>>47337171
To be fair it sounds like they are pretty low level and healing is usually shit.

A single spell before or during that fight probably could have changed it completely though.
>>
>>47330155
>First time this group played dnd, I was the only one with experience in rpg
>Be the DM
>Almost random/made up story and nobody gives a shit
>Also, all the characters are have little to no background and just fill a fighting role
>About 10 people playing
>We play once, everybody likes it
>We plan to play 3 days straight
>Played all night long on the last day
>After the final boss - some kind of Fire Manticore - Characters are about LV 7-10, a ton of their leveling up stuff made very fast
>Time to go back to town
>Clearest trap ever in front of them
>Everybody avoids it, passing by another way
>But the highest level character says No!
>He wants to jump on the trap
>Everybody tries to stop him
>No fucks given
>He does it
>Shit exploded, taking down the walls and drawing the attention of the nearby monsters
>Wounded team gets destroyed by the monster
>Only 2-3 guys managed to run but had no way of going back to town, since they lost everything and they were on a desert island
>First and last time I played with that party
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.