[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tg/, are there any systems that would work well with Warhammer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: empire priest of sigmar.jpg (50KB, 644x480px) Image search: [Google]
empire priest of sigmar.jpg
50KB, 644x480px
/tg/, are there any systems that would work well with Warhammer Fantasy? I'd like to get a RPing group going, but the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay game that Fantasy Flight has out looks like a terrible fucking mess with cards, and odd dice and all this other fuckshit.

I would say DnD, but what with the Winds of Magic, Waaagh! and the like, the magic system for DnD would fall apart

Any ideas?
>>
>>47327765
Try WHFRP 2E, it has none of the weird shit. The bullshit cards, counters, dice and that all got tacked on in 3E, which was widely regarded as a poor decision.
>>
There's the older WHFRPG, can probably find scans somewhere.
>>
This, maybe?

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/62847/Warhammer-Fantasy-Roleplay-2nd-Edition-Core-Rulebook
>>
>>47327765
Reskinned Savage Worlds, maybe? Especially if you use Way of the Brave from the Deadlands version for extra-deadly melee.
>>
world of warhammer hack
>>
>>47327765
ffs just do like other anon said and play whfrp 1e or 2e how fuking dumb are you
go to pdf sharethread an apply yourself
>>
>>47327765
Anyone got WHFRP 1E?
>>
Anything else?
>>
>>47331374
create your own system
>>
>>47327853
>>47327833
>>47327825
/thread/
>>47331374
Whfrp 2e. Best game for warhammer fantasy. End of story.
>>
>>47331646
Uh huh. THAT would go over well.

>>47331934
Alright then. I'll have to look about for pdfs. Just not of that...that card and dice bullshit
>>
>>47332096
Card and dice is 3e. 2e and 1e use d100. Both are simple and deadly and dont need fancy shit. You can find pdfs in the op of the warhammer fantasy general
>>
>>47327765
>I would say DnD, but what with the Winds of Magic, Waaagh! and the like, the magic system for DnD would fall apart
If you're more familiar with DND then just use that and create some house rules that cover the rest.
>>
>>47335573
No. That's gay. I'll do second ed WFR. that seems like a good un.

I wonder if you can play Chaos Warriors.
>>
>>47337451
Tome of Corruption has the rules for that. It's not really the focus of the system, but there's enough material for a campaign.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.