[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Out of curiosity, what is the cost of a booster pack at everyone's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 20160517_004541.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160517_004541.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Out of curiosity, what is the cost of a booster pack at everyone's LGS? $2.70 a pack here in Saint Louis, however some places charge as much as $4.19 here. Trying to figure out why the variance in price, or is this just the norm?
>>
>>47295779
San Diego, CA reporting in at $4 a pack. Wizards has their recommended MSRP, but stores are allowed to charge as much as they want. A major aspect tends to be how expensive the rent is for the shop
>>
>>47295779

Here boosters are 3-3.5€. You can find older boosters for 1-3€ in big stores too.
>>
Anyone have a high res scan of both sides of Jace, Vryn's Prodigy?
>>
>>47296640
Check Magic Cards Info
>>
>>47295779
18-30 DKK per booster, depending on quantity.
>>
Central cali, here. One shop charges $4, except for $3 on fnm nights, the other charges $3.50 all the time. But they both have events that charge 2.50 per prize pack.
>>
LA reporting: $5 a pop.
>>
>>47295779
Did you really take a photo of your monitor?
>>
Booster packs at my Walmart cost $4.18
>>
>>47301124
To be honest I wasn't sure people would believe me about my packs being $2.70, so I went to their site. MiniatureMarket(dot)com
>>
>>47301631
Screenshot yo.

Hawaii reporting, game stores sell in print packs at about $3, going up steeply depending on how popular the set was for older packs.
Wizards sells the cases of booster boxes to the stores for about $2 per pack it seems, from what I've managed to gather from talking to the several different owners. They are pretty closed down about that price...
>>
>>47301835
F12 is real easy you know, he was checking his grounds.
>>47295779
My LGS (Glasgow) seels them for £3.50 each, that's a pretty average price in Scotland.
>>
>>47296531
Competition also plays a factor.

My FLGS closed down because he got sick of playing the price game on Magic. There was a store close enough that was selling them at almost cost. (The owner was living in the store...which is a whole other weird story.)

But things basically reached a point where the local market wasn't respecting the concept of rarity or MSRP and he didn't want to deal with it anymore. He was making enough off warhammer and board games to survive in a smaller store, but he didn't want to move. A FLGS loses a lot if clientele in a move.

It sucks. Magic has reached this weird market point where you can't live with it and you can't live without it. It seems a lot of Magic players don't want to spend any money to get anything (Not all, but a lot.)

Tl;dr poorfags shouldn't buy cardboard crack.
>>
>>47304946
So care to share the story of the owner living in the store? The place where I play 40k is probably going to die soon after a couple of the magic players had some stuff stolen
>>
>>47305225
The gist of the story was that he kept lowering prices to compete. Had no real income, and got kicked out of his brother's house.

He had a cot hidden away behind the counter. He showered once a week at the local YMCA. A lot of players complained about him. It always smelled in there, probably because it was pretty tight quarters. I admire the dedication, to some degree, but damn.

In the end, everyone wanted to buy from the semi-homeless guy but play at my FLGS. So, my FLGS was footing the bill for a nice place to play without any of the income. There were always tables of Magic players, but none of them bought anything.

The other guy raising his prices would have solved so many problems, but no, players would have thrown a fit.

Now I have to drive 3 times as far. To be fair, the store is an upgrade in a lot of ways. (Look up the FFG games center.) but I miss the old crowd and the owner was great.
>>
the local shops in southern Ohio (about 50-60 miles east of Cincy) sell for $4 a pack including tax, and I remember Indianapolis being $3.50 because the competition is so fierce.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.