[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 36

File: thrall nightmare.png (185KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
thrall nightmare.png
185KB, 500x279px
Thrall's day out edition

>>47178581

discuss warcraft as a campaign setting on the tabletop. Any elemental character sheets are appreciated.
>>
Does anyone has another link to this video >>47225085 or a way to download it

It says it has been suspended due to copyright stuff and i really want to show it to my wife and some friends
>>
>>47241257
what did the video have?
>>
>>47241723
It was a 4 or 7 min video with long scenes from the movie. Long dialogs. Specially an awesome one between durotan and orgim
>>
>>47241992
what was it about? kinda curious to see what the lads were discussing.
>>
>>47242554
Durotan was saying how great it was to see Trees and life again. He then shifts the conversation to Gul'Dan and points out how all the land where the Orcs have camped up is dead or dying hinting how they have to get rid of him. He points out how this dead land looks just the same like their dying world.

"Everywhere Gul'Dan works his magic, the land dies."
>>
>>47242554
This >>47242635
And some other stuff with lothar and blackhand. Mediv. And one with a fialogue between lothar garona and lane wrynn

Thats why i would like to see it again and download it if possible
>>
>>47242635
Fug, kinda mad it's gone. Every time someone posts a scene from the movie, it gets deleted within hours. Blizzard must have released their lawyers to every corner of the internet.
>>
>>47242778
Yeah, the whole thing with Khadgar was him sneaking around the Library. Medihv and Lothar catch him and start ruffing him up with arcane magic. They ask why he's here and he says he's trying to learn about a certain kind of magic, Fel magic.
>>
>>47242864
>Medihv and Lothar catch him and start ruffing him up with arcane magic.
why lothar?
>>
>>47245035
Lothar is whatching, medivh is slamming khadgar around asking what hes doing there.

Did anyone else catch his line "planning what you'll do witb the place when its yours?" Kind of a nice allusion to how it eventually is his.
>>
>>47245328
I saw as much.
but isn't karazhan abandoned?
>>
>>47245757
Nope. Until the first war it was used by medivh. His mother before that. Before medivh got it. yeah it was empty for a bit, but before and during the first war thats where medivh talked with guldan, demons, boned garona, etc.
>>
>>47245794
I was talking about post wc1
>>
>>47245830
Oooh. Yeah after the first war its abandoned. Buuut we go in, assault the ghosts and the eredar malchezar and basically retake it. The kirin tor watvhed over it and in the legion announcement video khadgar is hanging out there. I took that as its his place now, seeing as he's the guardian, head of the kirin tor, etc. The center of all magical ley lines realistically is all his, unless Aegwyn wants it back.
>>
>>47245861
Its kinda interesting that the kirin tor abandoned the center of all the ley lines after TFT
>>
>>47245876
le Sylvanas face
>>
>>47245861
>unless Aegwyn wants it back.
Did she even survive Theramore?
>>
>>47245897
IIRC she dies giving her power to medan
>>
>>47246012
I thought Blizz is pretending medan never existed.
>>
File: lesson did not stick apparently.png (558KB, 612x399px) Image search: [Google]
lesson did not stick apparently.png
558KB, 612x399px
Do you remember when Garrosh was good?
>>
File: 1463191795916.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
1463191795916.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>47246399
>Garrosh Hellscream says: Am I a murderer, Krom'gar?

Is Blizzard's writing staff 25 guys locked in 25 separate rooms not allowed to speak to each other?
>>
>>47246399
Garrosh's character development from Wrath to early MoP was probably the best thing Blizzard has written since the RTS games ended. He was one of the few NPCs that made me feel honored to serve them

>>47246431
this was two years before The Character Assassination of Garrosh Hellscream By The Coward David Kosak
>>
>>47246399
Never played horde leveling post cata. I always thought garrosh was butthurt about murdering innovent alliance and alliancr children when unneccsary. Seems however he was actually pissed about dem horde families. Makes more sense why he was so angry.

No need to waste precious orc lives, let alone ones not even involved in a battle, but bombing innocents in theramore was no moral quandry for him. While i get it from a military stabdpoint, theramore was an access point for the alliance and used for troop movements, were still expected to forget all the horde players that went along aith it and the divine bell without worry. They din do nuffin. Orc lives matter.
>>
>>47246469
>Seems however he was actually pissed about dem horde families. Makes more sense why he was so angry.
the place the got mana bombed was a druid school full of night elf and tauren children. Krom'gar blew it up because the druids were standing against him logging
>>
>>47246399
Garrosh was never good.
>>47246452
Piss off horde baby.
>>
>>47246489
So why are people mad about garrosh and his "transformation?" He was a brave dick in wrath, cata made him and honorbound asshole out to grab all the land he could, and mop made his ego grow for expansion and he got tired of his advisors being pussies. 3 years of him trying to grow and lead and hes got a group of people that are dumb or wont help. I get where his villainy came from.

And yeah, blowing up druids who could cause one race to leave the horde, and another to bring the alliance right to them would rightfully piss off any leader trying to expand without allout war.
>>
>>47246542
>So why are people mad about garrosh and his "transformation?"
because in MoP his goals stopped being worth the level of dickishness need to achieve them.

bullying the Alliance to be the first to kill the Lich King is pretty justified
starting a fairly fought war to shore up the safety of his nation after diplomacy failed was fine
consuming the heart of an Old God because "muh orc supremacy" is fucking stupid

>>47246530
that time of the month again Jaina?
>>
File: 1430636890041.jpg (51KB, 393x296px) Image search: [Google]
1430636890041.jpg
51KB, 393x296px
>>47246597
>Jaina's face when she realized her father was 100% right all along
>>
>>47245861
>khadgar is [...] the guardian
Wait, what happened to Medan?
>>
Little question, it's been ages since I last played:
Do we have any explanation on where the Curse of the worgen ended up affecting Gilneans?
I remember vaguely something about an NE druid controlling his wrath and then NE helping the worgen to control their transformation but I don't remember any explantion about when it all started to affect humans.
>>
>>47246892
This is why Cataclysm is beyond saving

Because the moment Daelin Proudmoore becomes right is the moment your lore becomes unsalvageable
>>
>>47247306
Daelin's mistake was not listening to what Jaina had to say. Otherwise his actions were understandable. The horde had always been their enemies, and he wasn't present to see their good side during the reign of chaos.
>>
>>47246431
Pretty much yes. A lot of problems with Garrosh's characterization, and a lot of other inconsistencies in the lore, come from different writers not agreeing on something and not bothering to talk to each other to reach a consensus. Hence why in the same expansion Garrasoh is a hotheaded but generally honorable guy who won't stand harming of innocents, and actually competent military leader, and an idiot who divers his forces to fight the Alliance while literally in the middle of fighting a common enemy.

Then when people didn't like his character, rather than trying to develop him into something more consistent and likeable, they wen't "Fuck it! You all hate him? Fine, he's Orc Hitler now, and nuke Threamore!".
>>
>>47247351
>reign of chaos
Fuck that brings me back.
Although Rexxar's campaign was something as well.
>>
>>47247351
Exactly

He chose to not listen not only to his daughter, who he has to know is a very smart person, but also to the one person who single-handedly saved thousands of people just by taking them to Kalimdor, but also the entire world.

His actions are only understandabe if you assume he's not listening to Jaina, but he should obviously listen to Jaina
>>
>>47247351
This, he wasted an entire army in a war that never needed to be fought. Had he listened to his daughter the Alliance could have just fortified Theramore and maintained complete naval dominance of eastern Kalimdor.

Instead he got his entire group slaughtered cause "omg Orcs"
>>
>>47247402
He probably viewed Jaina as still being his young and naive daughter. She still doesn't know what the world and the orcs are really like, you know? Obviously he was wrong, but I think it makes sense for him.
>>
>>47247451
This is important. Daelin thought his daughter was legitimately being duped by the orcs and that there's not an honest muscle in their body.
>>
File: tfw mate has a green baby.png (663KB, 926x533px) Image search: [Google]
tfw mate has a green baby.png
663KB, 926x533px
>>
So, the movie'a storyline is a mix of the original one and Warlords of Draenor's? Are they planning a single movie or a trilogy or something else retarded?
>>
>>47247465
And he was wrong on both counts.

Daelin was sort of right - Orcs are a savage, warlike culture that is prone to aggression.
Still, Jaina saw that that's not all they are and her struggles alongside Thrall showed him that they can be more. And while Thrall was in charge, it worked.

It was a pretty good tragic story.
>>
>>47247850
Original, retconned and expanded where they saw it necessary.
>>
>>47248260
MoP and WoD showed that, while they can change, orcs are savage, warlike thugs that don't need a reason to murder innocents. All Mannoroth's blood did was make them stronger.
>>
>>47248282
>don't need a reason to murder innocents.
This is false. The reason doesn't need to be a valid one for our civilized sensibilities (i.e. they are standing on earth we want, and humans IRL do or used to do that too.)
>All Mannoroth's blood did was make them stronger.
That conclusion can't be reliably drawn from existing evidence. Whenever they did drink, they became more violent. You could say it's merely emboldening effect of being stronger, but given general corrupting tendence of anything demonic there's no reason to assume it doesn't also make them more evil.
>>
>>47248282
And that's why you don't pay attention to anything past WotLK

Because Cata onwards was dedicated to proving everything Warcraft 3 tried to tell us about orcs wrong. Which is retarded, because it sends Warcraft back to being black and white, when it only ever became interesting due to the introduction of grey
>>
>>47246431
saved
>>
>>47248340
>This is false. The reason doesn't need to be a valid one for our civilized sensibilities (i.e. they are standing on earth we want, and humans IRL do or used to do that too.)
IRL humans used a shit load of reasons to wage war. They never said bullshit like
>gibs me dat
and genocided entire populations like the orcs did.

>>That conclusion can't be reliably drawn from existing evidence. Whenever they did drink, they became more violent. You could say it's merely emboldening effect of being stronger, but given general corrupting tendence of anything demonic there's no reason to assume it doesn't also make them more evil.

Eredar that became fel empowered also got a boost to their magical abilities because they used the fel source of energy. Argus is grander than it has ever been, only it is full of fel magic instead of arcane.
If anything fel just makes your defining trait stronger. Eredar demons aren't cruel just because.
They are cruel because it lets them boost their power.

I kinda liked the concept of the Sargerai. Draenei who were so pissed off at velen that they joined the legion wholesale.
>>
I have a rather weird question. What was Nerubian agriculture like?
>>
>>47249120
shrooms probably.
They probably farmed animals and stuff for meat and hides.
>>
>>47249120
What I want to know is what they did for recreation. Is there spider soccer? The leg work must be crazy.
>>
>>47249204
What do drow do recreation?
I am guessing that, but with bigger pauldrons.
>>
>>47247242
Blizzard seems to have shuffled him under a rug.
>>
>>47249153

So dwarf fortress style?

Apparently, they have tamed Jormungars to dig tunnels.

What might also be interesting if they used their webs to more or less farm.

Make tunnels with jormungar, then web it up in some places, come back in a few days. Almost like finishing.
>>
>>47249120
Lichens and mushrooms most likely.

Actually, what's even odder to me is how Ner'Zhul built up the Scourge in Northrend. Was it all Vrykul to start? Tuskarr? I always wanted to run a "Bronze Dragonflight is counterattacking the Inifinite Flight" campaign, set within less "I KNOW THAT GUY!" areas, so the initial Scourging of Icecrown was an interesting diversion.
>>
Wrath should have added the Nerubians for the Alliance and the Silithids for the Horde.
>>
>>47249267
-The fact that Muradin tried to go treasure hunting there implies that other people have before, so there was probably a presence of dead pirates, treasure-seekers, and explorers.

-Arthas' military forces.

-Illidan's military forces.

-Native trolls, Nerubians, Vrykrul, Tuskarr, and fauna.

-Lore from SM states that the Scarlet Crusade tried to invade at least once, so there were corpses from that, too.

So a hodgepodge of sources, really.
>>
>>47249357
No, I mean way earlier than that. When Ner'Zhul first got there when the Legion dropped him off. Though in looking it up, apparently the first ones were Trolls and Yeti, so now all I can see are Rastamen fighting Spidermen.
>>
>>47249088
>IRL humans used a shit load of reasons to wage war. They never said bullshit like
>>gibs me dat
>and genocided entire populations like the orcs did.
Isn't that pretty much the standard reason for humans to wage war? Those guys have land/resources/shiny things we want; let's kill them and take their stuff (the other standard reason being "those guys believe in a different god/same god but differently; let's kill them and take their stuff").
>>
>>47249432
As a general rule, your second reason is just what kings feed their people in order to justify your first reason.

Except for Gustav Il Adolf, that guy was actually just super religious
>>
File: image004.png (1MB, 710x910px) Image search: [Google]
image004.png
1MB, 710x910px
>>47246452
>this was two years before The Character Assassination of Garrosh Hellscream By The Coward David Kosak
>>47246431
>Is Blizzard's writing staff 25 guys locked in 25 separate rooms not allowed to speak to each other?

No, Garrosh being ruined going into MoP was done single-handedly by Christie Golden.
>>
>>47248229
No, it's a re-envisioning of WC1 without all the later retcons, like Garona being half-draenei.
They also added stuff from later games and stories, like Thrall.
>>
>>47250552
Heh, amusing

All I want it to be is WC1 with the later retcons, without stuff from later games added

Basically a way of seeing what canonically happened in WC1, instead of having two semi-canonical stories to follow that are mixed together to make what really happened
>>
File: thanks aco.png (19KB, 942x419px) Image search: [Google]
thanks aco.png
19KB, 942x419px
>>
>>47250552

...how can you have Thrall in WC1?

He's generations too early.
>>
>>47250664
He was born during the first war
>>
>>47250695

I thought he grew up in a post WCII internment camp?
>>
>>47250717
Yes, that's where he grew up, but he was born near the end of the first war, and found by Blackmoore before the 2nd war had started

Not much time had passed in universe between WC1 and WC2
>>
>>47250748
so how was blackmoore keeping an orclet during the second war?
>>
>>47250798
He wasn't, his daughter and nursemaid were keeping the orclet.
>>
>>47250939
keeping an orclet during a genocidal war seems kinda retarded.
>>
>>47249267
there was limited human settlement in the area of Howling Fjord, as well as the nerubians and other natives
>>
>>47251094
Well Blackmore was kinda retarded. Just like everyone else around Green Jesus
>>
>>47251094
Why?

If he's killed by orcs, it changes nothing for him, if the humans win, he has a rare commodity in his possession
>>
>>47250939
No it was one of his stablehands and his family that was keeping Thrall I believe not Blackmoore. He was in charge of all of the Internment camps at the time and he wanted to use Thrall as a sort of Gladitorial slave that he planned on conquering Lordaeron with, IIRC
>>
>>47249088
>Argus is grander than it has ever been, only it is full of fel magic instead of arcane.

Demon worshipper detected, opinion invalidated.
>>
>>47249088
>I kinda liked the concept of the Sargerai. Draenei who were so pissed off at velen that they joined the legion wholesale.
WoD had a lot of really cool ideas that were completely ruined by Blizzard's laziness. It had the coolest villain since Wrath, and the side factions were the most interesting WoW has ever seen. Then it all gets fucked up because Blizzard had no idea what they were doing
>>
Is the Warcraft RPG any good?
>>
>>47250516
What specifically did she do?
>>
File: 1463171966645.jpg (161KB, 639x480px) Image search: [Google]
1463171966645.jpg
161KB, 639x480px
>>47254314
Warcraft: Lord of the Clans, Pocket Books, October 2001
World of Warcraft: Rise of the Horde, Pocket Books, December 2006
World of Warcraft: Beyond the Dark Portal (with Aaron Rosenberg), Pocket Books, June 2008
World of Warcraft: Arthas: Rise of the Lich King, Pocket Books, May 2009
World of Warcraft: The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm, Pocket Books, October 2010, ISBN 978-1-4391-7274-2
World of Warcraft: Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects, Pocket Books, July 2011
World of Warcraft: Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War, Pocket Books, August 2012
World of Warcraft: War Crimes, 2014[citation needed]
>>
i wish there was some tg guild on a rp realm that would be fun
>>
>>47254045
Depends a bit on opinion. I found it pretty good, though the WoW D20 version is, in my books, somewhat better for crunch.

Big thing is to remember that there wasn't a lot of communication between the RPG team and the MMORPG team, so there's a lot of lore differences. Which could be a plus or a minus.

Also, the RPG isn't afraid to call the Horde out for the fact that they were the bad guys in the first two games. No whitewashing of the orcs being invaders from another planet or trolls being cannibalistic juju-worshippers here.
>>
File: 1463077144960.png (108KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1463077144960.png
108KB, 600x600px
>>47241257
>>47241723
>>47242554
>>47242635
I'm not sure if it's the same video but
https://vid.me/wxsU
>>
File: 1371520448689.jpg (43KB, 257x262px) Image search: [Google]
1371520448689.jpg
43KB, 257x262px
>>47254596
That seems like it.
>Medivh sounds like he walked out of the Alabama backwoods
>that Garona acting
>that acting in general

The Durotan scene is the only solid one out of those four.
>>
>>47254596
Holy fuck yes! Thank you! Got any idea how to download it? Just incase they put it down again and i dont get to show it to my friends
>>
File: 1458951215214.png (125KB, 500x489px) Image search: [Google]
1458951215214.png
125KB, 500x489px
>>47254596
if that link goes down you guys can find the video at the front page of mmochampion. I think they're reuploading the video if it gets taken down.

>>47254762
I enjoyed the scene where medivh found khadgar sneaking around in his library

>>47254763
there are addons that can download videos
http://gettinggeek.com/download-video-internet-easily/
>>
>>47254596
Nvm just managed to download it on the laptop. Thanks anyway
>>
>>47254826
The library scene would be alright in my book if Medivh sounded a bit more... commanding. Like his voice in Warcraft III. But I couldn't shake the impression he belonged more at a monster truck rally than in a wizard tower.
>>
>>47254596
It looks so bad, holy shit.

And how do you fuck up Medivh like that?
>>
File: 1390087510053.jpg (43KB, 486x605px) Image search: [Google]
1390087510053.jpg
43KB, 486x605px
>>47254596
>Garona
m8
>>
>>47254596
Jesus Christ, this is Sci Fi original movie tier. Durotan was okay, but still.
>>
>>47253686
The Arrakoa lore was superb in my opinion. Loved it.
>>
File: c86.jpg (790KB, 1100x816px) Image search: [Google]
c86.jpg
790KB, 1100x816px
>>47254452

We need an appropriate edit of this.
>>
>>47259381
Who would be who? Obviously, Lincoln is Garrosh and Booth is Golden, but I can't think of anything for the other three.
>>
>>47259440
Cairne, Saurfang and Vol'jin obvi
>>
>"The markings on this robe resemble both the sign of Elune and several venerated Loa spirits."
http://legion.wowhead.com/item=121410/moldy-ceremonial-vestments

Just a bit of interesting flavor text on a grey item.
>>
daily reminder that Koltira was a traitor and gulaging him was the only good thing Sylvanas did after vanilla
come at me ebin :-DDDD Blade
>>
>>47261497
>Gulag
>Good
Go home, Stalin.
>>
>>47259632
so elune is first among the loa?
>>47254452
>[citation needed]
well she wrote it alright.
>>
>>47261829
>so elune is first among the loa?
well she's the worldsoul of Azeroth so that's probably accurate
>>
>>47261938
Don't act like that's certain. It's nothing more than a common theory.
>>47261829
>so elune is first among the loa?
Well, it suggests there was a time she was considered one. Obviously she's just the Moonkin loa.
>>
>>47261497
I hope we get to jailbreak him. Sylvanas needs to get killed and replaced by someone more reasonable.

Lor'themar for Warchief!
>>
>>47262201
>Sylvanas needs to get killed and replaced by someone more reasonable.
As much as I agree with this sentiment, I don't want Koltira.
>>
>>47262201
Baine Bloodhoof for Warchief. I mean, Cairne should have been Thrall's successor in the first place, but... whatever.
>>
>>47262357
Thrall shouldn't have stepped down in the first place
>>
>>47247278
The curse hit Gilneas when Genn Greymane ordered the Archmage Arugal to summon Worgen from the Emerald Nightmare to fight off the Scourge. The worgen ended up turning on the Gilnean soldiers and infecting them with the curse too, and from there it spread through the rest of the countrt.

I think that's what happened anyway. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>47262379
Thrall stepped down because he can't be the World Shaman and the Warchief at the same time.
>>
>>47259381
>New Warboss
gets me every time.
>>
File: Garrosh1.jpg (362KB, 1919x1005px) Image search: [Google]
Garrosh1.jpg
362KB, 1919x1005px
>>47262657
No, Thrall stepped down because he was pussywhipped by that cunt Aggra who bossed him around pretty much the entire time they were together, berating him for using the name Thrall and demanding she do things his way.

Face it - Garrosh was right.
>>
>>47261829
>>47261938
No, Azeroth is Azeroth's worldsoul.
Elune/Earth Mother is another entity entirely confirmed to be a deity unlike the Titans.

Of course, they could always just retcon it like so much else.

>>47262201
One of the first DK missions in Legion is breaking him out of Undercity.
>>
>>47262856
>tfw you can't pickup Garrosh's Gorehowl after Thrall murders him
>>
>>47262320
Who would be a good replacement for the Forsaken's leadwr if Sylvanas bit it? Nathanos? Maybe Calia if they actually use that plot hook? There's not a whole bunch of recognisable Forsaken that aren't evil or dead.

Saurfang would be a decent Warchief though. Doesn't he take control of Surprise in Legion?
>>
File: tumblr_n7h8pcJcHQ1si9g6ao3_500.jpg (84KB, 435x337px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n7h8pcJcHQ1si9g6ao3_500.jpg
84KB, 435x337px
>>47262940
>YFW it's been a drop in Karazhan since TBC for no reason.
>>
>>47262942
For some reason Durotar autocorrected to Surprise
>>
>>47262953
because Prince Malchazar is the one true king of Nagrand that could pull the axe from the stone. Demons cross all timelines remember ;^)
>>
>>47262942
Yes, Saurfang becomes the orc racial leader in Orgrimmar.
>>
>>47262942
>Nathanos?
Man-vanas isn't going to be any different.
>>
>>47262942
>Nathanos
He's dead.
>>
>>47263192
Nah, he just got a facelift. It's actually mentioned ingame that he looks different, but he basically tells you to fuck off if you ask him, According to other NPCs, only he and Sylvanas know what's up with that.
>>
>>47263325
Sylvanas probably secured cosmetic surgery for him for her pleasure.
>>
File: 1412205071726.jpg (161KB, 450x618px) Image search: [Google]
1412205071726.jpg
161KB, 450x618px
>>
Can winged demons fly?

Specifically, can succubi fly?
>>
File: I want you for the scourge.png (305KB, 501x629px) Image search: [Google]
I want you for the scourge.png
305KB, 501x629px
>>47262942
>Forsaken
You mean Scourge.
>>
>>47262942
We could always hope for the glorious return of Bartholomew the Revered.

That, or they just take one of the minor NPCs and just flesh out their personality like they did with Lor'themar. It's a big world.
>>
>>47262657
I mean, the "world shaman" thing was bullshit
>>
>>47262201
>>47262201
Daily reminder that no other racial Horde leader is as qualified to be a military commander as Sylvanas. Daily reminder that she will never be raid fodder and you are just being delusional if you think she'll bite it.
>>
>>47266111
Sylvanas and Illidan will romance and ascend to godhood together as a dualistic avatar of Elune.
Calling it now
>>
>>47266134
I'd fap to it.
>>
>>47266134
Well damn, I was hoping for Maiev to fall to fel corruption and force Illidan to turn her into a demon hunter and become a couple.
>>
>>47265266
Doomguards at least fly sometimes ingame, although I don't know if they can fly long distances or just sort of hover.
>>
>>47267401
I don't think the game ever shows a doomguard flies more than just gliding down a few feet. The daemons in Warcraft 2 could fly all the time though, and they were retconned into being Doomguards
>>
>>47265220
Who is she?
>>
What would be the most "human" way to fly around? I mean in lore terms. Griphons seen to be the dwarf way, and every race has their token mount for land and air, but what would be the "pure" human mount? A balloon? A pegasus? Do pegasi exist in warcraft at all?
>>
>>47267932

the Paladin flying mount should have been a pegasus. the warlock flying mount should have been a pegasus ON FIRE
>>
>>47267932
Gryphon is alright. It's popular human mount in other fantasy after all, and it's a beautiful beast.

Barring that you can get one of the drakes, given amount of interaction between heroes and various draconic flights.
>>
>>47267932
gryphons are the EK Alliance flying mount in general. Night elves get hippogryphs and the Horde gets wind riders and bats. It's only land mounts that have a unique one for each race
>>
What happened with Altruis and his netherdrake? I wonder if we'll see him again.
>>
>>47268013
That could work, drakes at least for important heroes, its not far fetched when you think orcs done something alike in the second war by the means o enslavement. a important human general and his dragon bro.

>>47268054
No, as I said its in lore terms. Certain races have an affinity to certain types of beasts they use, be it bcause of an alliance or simply being the most available creature around.

Orcs -Wyvern, the dragonmaw clan useddragons and the iron horde Ry'laks

high/blood elfs used windriders as flying mounts, but nether drakes or hipo also make sense.

Night elfs use hippogryphs, but in wc3 theres an old priestess of the moon mounted on a giant Owl

And so on and so forth. In wow you need to water it down a bit, as the mounts arent in even numbers for every race.
>>
>>47268181
apparently he's coming back as a demon hunter follower in Legion
>>
went back to wow for a week.

And I have to say everything that is NOT part of the main plotline turns out to be interesting and fun.
I really like having the garrison.
>>
>>47268190
Quel'thalas elves have dragonhawks, too.
>>
>>47268262
The Garrison was nice at first, but the problem is that you're sitting in there all alone. Forever.
>>
File: cockatiel_information.jpg (19KB, 500x404px) Image search: [Google]
cockatiel_information.jpg
19KB, 500x404px
So if im right here, there won't be a single troll with an actual character outside quest NPC in Legion and onwards?
>>
>>47268262
>I really like having the garrison.
Expect being shat on.

I am with you though
>>
>>47268262
the garrison is super fun until you realize it's literally Farmville with orcs, then you tolerate it because it's free money to buy WoW tokens with
>>
>>47268282
Honestly I prefer the nearly empty cities, from roleplaying perspective as well, to situation where city square looks like calais migrant camp.

LFG feature and elimination of world group quests did much more to harm social aspect of the game than glorified player housing did.
>>
>>47268282
well all your followers who aren't on mission are there.. so is a bunch of NPCs.

try not to level it up to level 3 too fast and you will find a incrediblely crowded garrison.

>>47268293
well $78 for 6 month is laughbly cheap from where I stand so I don't really care.

For me Garrison's good in able to take bodyguards running around.
>>
>>47268707
>well $78 for 6 month is laughbly cheap from where I stand so I don't really care.
>For me Garrison's good in able to take bodyguards running around.
poorfag DK main so I need gold more than a pet, but I get you
>>
>>47263342
Probably the same surgeon that fixed her Night Elf problem
>>
>>47267828
Mojo Mender Ja'nah
She's a Priest Card from the old TCG.
>>
>>47268933
well having a sidekick is nice, also the fact that cute draenei cheek will sacrifice her-self to save ur ass makes me feels great.
>>
>>47269912
I play Horde mostly so I don't really see her, but the draenei you get from the Auchindoun questline is a top qt too
>>
Chromie is not a dragon (male)

https://youtu.be/lQ9_ShYKXhc?t=1m33s
>>
Serious question. Is bolvar coming back? i mean the ebon knights were trying to find some shit to free him during WoD
>>
would anyone like to run heroics?
>>
>>47273527
Bolvar is making his comeback, yes. The Knights of the Ebon Blade have agreed to submit themselves under his control, with the promise of no mind control or other subversion, so that the Lich King may join the fight against the Burning Legion.
>>
>>47272868
Well I got 4 draenei chick in my garrison atm, and I like it.

>>47274553
queueing random dungeon is enough, people are so overgeared atm.

>>47273527
He have his stories in legion, yes.
As for not being undead, not really.
>>
>>47273012
Infinite Dragonflight Chromie when?
>>
>>47275633
Doubtful, didn't we basically trap the infinite dragonflight in a time loop?
>>
>>47275604
>tfw you queue into a party so undergeared/bad that you alone are 50% of your party's total damage
>>
>>47268293
>>47268933
They added an option to pay for subs with gold AND a minigame that provides enough gold?

I feel like I'm either reading that wrong or missing a catch, because that seems like an insane business move.
>>
>>47276714
WoW tokens make them more money than normal subs because they cost $20 instead of $15
>>
>>47266676
shipped
>>
>>47275718
Meant for HoTS

Apparently there are infinite whelplings in the Suramar raid.
>>
>>47276927
probably not for a long time. Only night elves and space marines get more than one skin
>>
File: The ending of Legion.png (473KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
The ending of Legion.png
473KB, 500x367px
>>47276793
>>
So for those of you who roleplay in-game, how do you handle mounts? Because of game mechanics, they just poof into existence from nowhere, but how do you justify that in a roleplay sense? Do you make it so that you only summon pets when you're at a stable or such? Or is it just a case where game mechanics have to be fudged a bit with your imagination filling in the gaps?
>>
>>47277450
Not a RPer, but whistles make sense for flying mounts in many cases.
>>
File: 1312184571708.jpg (37KB, 235x209px) Image search: [Google]
1312184571708.jpg
37KB, 235x209px
>>47266676
>Maiev is turned into a demon hunter
>Her half-demon form is more feral and brutal than Illidan's
>Hardcore bdsm ensues
>>
>>47273012
Poor Chromie. She's apparently the only person aware of being stuck in a MOBA, repeating the same battle over and over again.
>>
>>47278324
Thrall talks about missing RTS games as a joke about people comparing them to MOBAs, and two of the Diablo PCs complain about the differences between it and Diablo (no loot and moving with RMB instead of LMB)
>>
>>47275072
So is that more like Bolvar is going to empower his friends the DK police instead of being empowered slaves?
>>
>>47277450
You really can't for any non-summoned mounts.
considering you can mount up in 1.5 sec nothing will make sense for them to work.
You will have to deliberately cripple yourself for it to work in lore.
>>
While I love the forsaken, they should never had been a playable race.
>>
>>47273012
Why is she so perfect?
>>
>>47279313
>she
>>
>>47279672
we *literally* just went over this
>>
>>47279307
What should have been the Horde race that gives them one area in Eastern Kingdoms then?
>>
>>47279712
none. The Forsaken and night elves both should have been neutral 3rd parties like the Argent Dawn and Cenarion Circle
>>
>>47279712
Not him, but there is a number of choices that could work out of hand, or with some justification:

Blackrock orcs
Goblins
Trolls
Murlocs
Furbolg
Gnolls
Kobolds
Ogres
>>
>>47279743
Or the Frostwolves, since there's a huge fight over Alterac.
>>
>>47249487
Historically, no, not really. It was "I want this land and you're on it, so we're gonna murderrape you now." As far as I can tell, before the Holocaust, genocide was basically just business as usual. Only once people saw it industrialized did they start to give a shit.
>>
>>47249487
>Except for Gustav Il Adolf, that guy was actually just super religious

And he also had imperial ambitions, since a large part of his reason for joining the 30 years war was a shot at becoming Holy Roman Emperor and expanding his holdings around the Baltic sea. I'd say his religious motivations were secondary, but definitely a factor, especially when it came to his propaganda machine.
>>
>>47249386
Basically this. Further south there would've been scattered humans, tuskarr, magnataurs, and snobolds.
>>
>>47254494
Go make one. Mention it maybe once a thread, and you might get some joiners.
>>
>>47265266
WC3 manual said dread lords could fly on their home planet. But so much of that has been retconned (I liked the older version of the Legion, personally), that who knows any more?
>>
>>47267442
There are a lot of doomguards flying around over the Throne of Kil'Jaeden in Tanaan.
>>
>>47249267

He didn't have much before the plauges. He got his power from the first plauge he sent out. The plauge wiped out half of the Eastern Kingdoms. He took a lot of his forces back so he could build up his fortress and his other plans.
>>
>>47279743
could have just started trolls in EK, but instead they pretend to be orcs so we can play as zombies with spines that clip through armor and capes
>>
What the fuck happened with Cordana Felsong, did Blizz just have a writer aneurysm during the production of that questline?
>>
>>47280305
She has "fel" in name, ergo she must be evil, duh.
>>
>>47280316

I'm more concerned about how stupid the whole plan is according to the quest.

>Ahahahaha I am evil! I will help you destroy Gul'dan's whole operation on Draenor on orders from Gul'dan!

Insanely over complex Xanatos gambits are so fucking retarded.
>>
File: Absolutely inhuman.png (207KB, 600x453px) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely inhuman.png
207KB, 600x453px
>>47242635

Pardon me, but this IS the fel infused horde of brutes bend on mindless killing that just finished paving a mile long road with the bones of children and civilians right?

Talking about "uhhh Gul'dan bad" and "trees are beautiful" seems like some top tier Orc history whitewashing holy shit.
>>
>>47279743
Furbolgs only exist in Kalimdor and Northend
Blackrock Orcs are still the evil WC2 orcs
so is most of those on the list.

The only one that could made sense was Ogre.
>>
>>47280416
That's pretty much exactly what the movie's going to be

I bet it's not even going to end in a Horde victory
>>
>>47279712
The Horde just shouldn't have a Foothold in the Eastern Kingdoms and the Alliance should have none in Kalimdor.
Problem solved.
>>
>>47279712
Forest trolls (Revantusk tribe already joined Horde in vanilla, just give them a bigger role), and/or have some of the Blackrock orcs join the New Horde. Alterac Valley Frostwolf settlement could also act as a town instead of a battleground.

Meanwhile, Alliance has Theramore, and maybe give them a few other settlements in Kalimdor. Essentially, Kalimdor would be mostly Horde and Eastern Kingdoms mostly Alliance, with a few settments from opposing factions, and neutral settlements like Night Elves and Argen Dawn in each.

>>47280357
I think she initially was fighting Gul'dan, but saw how powerful he was and decided to join him and secretly sabotage your war efforts.

Which in itsel fi pretty dumb. I mean, she's a Warden; part of an organization whose entire job is to capture and imprison highly dangerous individuals, including fel magic users. You'd think they'd only let candidates that are show to be incorruptible to join them, because being able to be bribed by the inmates makes you kind of a shitty warden. Yet Cordana apparently goes "ok, Gul'dan stronk, serving him now" at the drop of a hat.
>>
>>47280791
>the Alliance should have none in Kalimdor.
Problem solved.

I seem to remember a race of purple knife ears that might take beef with that idea.
>>
>>47280791
Foothold is fine, Theramore and Alterac would have worked. But whole Kingdoms was dumb.
>>
>>47280816

I thought it was implied that Cordana was directly mind controlled by handling the orb of command she takes from Khadgar. I mean her behavior doesn't change until that point, I think.

The real question is what the fuck Wrathion did, because he's there when you do the next quest.
>>
>>47280416
Considering that the movie is set in a quite different universe than the Warcraft MU, it's possible Draenei don't even exist in this version.
And Durotan is one of the uncorrupted Orcs (the movie seems to make the difference more obvious, as you still have brown and green Orcs in the Horde; presumably in this version just standing next to a warlock isn't enough to turn Orcs green). If he's anything like the MU version, he went with the whole Horde thing because he though it was necessary (in MU, Ner'zhul was convinced by Kil'jaeden that the Draenei were planning to kill the Orcs, and they needed to unite and fight back), and with the invasion of Azeroth because Draenor was fucked up and they had to find some place to go or die. Finding out that Draenor being fucked was the fault of arch-asshole Gul'dan and his warlocks is something that he'd be pretty understandably be pissed off about.

I'm calling it now that the movie will conclude with Durotan and the other uncorrupted Orcs learnign about the extend of Gul'dan's threatchery and teaming up with the Alliance to kick his ass. Legion may or may not appear in the sequel.
>>
>>47280896
>it's possible Draenei don't even exist in this version.
didn't some of them showed up in the clips published so far, from opening of the dank portal?
>>
So if magic in the world is a bit cheeky how do the knights and peasants feel about it?
>>
>>47279800
Nah not really. Genocide was rare, dead people pay no taxes or work in your mines. People are far more practical than you think.

The conquered people just submitted, switched religion over time and called themselves roman, turk, italian, arab, chinese or whatever.
>>
>>47247306
Yep. And later expansions made it worse.

The whole Orc redemption thing was defenestrated because Kossak wanted WCII Orcs back.

On the other hand Daelin was to blame for:
a) Not listening to his only daughter.
b) Letting his hatred get the best of him.

If it wasn't for that, then it wouldn't have went so bad.

>>47247383
This. Garrosh along with a lot of other things is wasted potential.
>>
Shouldn't the orcs not even know about Gul'dan in WC1? I thought the whole point or using Blackhand is that he can control the Horde from the shadows while letting them think a warrior is in charge.
>>
File: 1369694367799.jpg (36KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1369694367799.jpg
36KB, 300x300px
>>47282247
>[current year]
>expecting Blizzard to remember their own lore
>>
>>47282115
I'm talking tribes, not empires. Ever read the Bible? Or some Irish mythology? Lots of fictionalized genocide. Because nobody bats an eye at that shit in the iron age or earlier. As for concrete historical examples, see: Assyrian conquests, destruction of Carthage, Americans and amerindians (specifically out west), eradication of the Cathars...
>>
>>47282388
The Orc chieftains would know, though. They drank Mannoroth's blood, remember.
>>
>>47282404
Because gul'dan is a big name in the current and next expansion. They need some tie ins for people.
>>
>>47280896
they are in the cages powering the dark portal.
>>
File: 1461648907050.png (85KB, 540x341px) Image search: [Google]
1461648907050.png
85KB, 540x341px
>>47283444
Do they look like WCIII Draenei or BC Draenei?
>>
>>47282115
You can literally find 18 of them by just typing "List of Genocides" into Google.
>>
>>47282164
If Proudmoore would have listned to Jaina, all his troops and fleet wouldn't have bitten it and Theramore would have been in a much stronger position. Then Blizzard would have to come up with even more bullshit to explain the Alliance's supremacy away, because you fucking bet Daelin would have smashed his giant sword down on the Horde once Garrosh became uppity and declared open war.
>>
>>47285773
Bad writing. Everything that happened after TFT and as WoW progressed was a severe case of bad writing.
>>
>>47282164
>On the other hand Daelin was to blame for:
>a) Not listening to his only daughter.
Who, at the time, was not only a notoriously smart girl and a budding mage of Dalaran, but also was one of the heroes of Mt. Hyjal. Daelin didn't listen to her because she's still "daddy's little girl" who didn't know how evil the orcs are.
>>
>>47286756
>oh, probably the smartest woman on earth and the apprentice of the man who knows more about orcs than anyone else is telling me about orcs. Lmao she's just my daughter what the fuck does she know
and so Kul Tiras never existed again
>>
So, I'm still determined to try my hand at doing up a list of 5e racial profiles for Warcraft races. But, I could use some advice from folks here.

Firstly, should I bother converting the Warcraft human, or presume anyone playing "Warcraft via D&D 5e" will just use the standard 5e rules for humans?

Secondly, should I stick to just the WoW races? Or should I go for a mixture of them and the WoW D20 races - so not just Night Elves and Blood Elves, but also High Elves? Not just Ironforge Dwarves, but also Wildhammer and Dark Iron Dwarves?

Finally, for races that are "subracial" - jungle & forest trolls, night/high/blood elves, etc, should I go with the standard 5e subrace approach? Or should I make each race seperate in terms of stats, given how different they can be?
>>
>>47287285
I'd just go with basic humans and then make basic rules for races that make sense. From the top of my head

>Orcs
>Ogres
>Goblins
>Trolls
>High Elves
>Dwarfs
>Gnomes
>Tauren

Stuff like Gnolls, Harpies, Centaurs or Murlocs is also fun, but not required.

For Forest Trolls and so on, I'd just use the subrace approach.

Night Elves should just flat out never be playable. To be even comparable to the other races, you'd need to play an Elf that's less than 200 years old, and then you are literally a small child in the eyes of Night Elves.
>>
>>47287285
>Firstly, should I bother converting the Warcraft human, or presume anyone playing "Warcraft via D&D 5e" will just use the standard 5e rules for humans?
Warcraft humans are slightly superhuman, but there's no real point in statting it up if you think people will just play them as D&D humans. I'm not really sure how you'd make the human racials translate into D&D though

>Secondly, should I stick to just the WoW races? Or should I go for a mixture of them and the WoW D20 races - so not just Night Elves and Blood Elves, but also High Elves? Not just Ironforge Dwarves, but also Wildhammer and Dark Iron Dwarves?
>Finally, for races that are "subracial" - jungle & forest trolls, night/high/blood elves, etc, should I go with the standard 5e subrace approach? Or should I make each race seperate in terms of stats, given how different they can be?
I'd say the different subraces and cultures could have minor differences, but nothing really major. ie. Dark Irons having slight fire resistance compared to Bronzebeards and Wildhammers, while Wildhammers might have a small bonus to handle animal rolls
>>
Haven't you had enough threads about this shit already? What more is there to discuss?
>>
File: 1420056970507.jpg (124KB, 600x412px) Image search: [Google]
1420056970507.jpg
124KB, 600x412px
>>47286831
Kul tiras will return in Africa-themed expansion.
Also Tel'abim banana.
>>
>>47287285
Given 5th edition's subrace system, different dwarf and elf variants could be represented via subraces. Ie. all dwarves have some common abilities, but Ironforge, Wildhammer and Dark Iron dwarves get some different abilities/skill bonuses/stat increase.
>>
>>47288287
>Africa-themed expansion.
So, never. After Legion all signs point to the Old Gods/Void Lords final showdown, and then that's probably doing to be it.
>>
>>47288368
Didn't blizzard say they'd have enough ideas to make expansions for the next 10 years?

I'm pretty sure we'll get N'zoth, The South Seas, Invasion of Argus, maybe the other side of the world and lots of other shit before WoW ends
>>
>>47288420
They said that years ago, and them having ideas or not is only tangentially related to wether or not WoW will keep going.
What matters a lot more are subscriber numbers and considering the fact that they won't even tell us the numbers any more, it isn't looking good. Legion will probably continue the trend of a bump upwards into an even steadier decline. Right now we are probably at around 3 Million, Legion will maybe go up 6 for a month or two, and then they'll slide down to 2 or even 1 until the next expansion.
At that point, Activision will just not bother anymore. Releasing the FINAL EXPANSION (TM) just makes business sense, because you'll get a lot of people to hop on again for one last ride, squeezing the last drops of cash from the dead cow.
>>
>>47286831
Except we all know by now that Daelin was right and Jaina was wrong.
That Jaina never understood what Orcs are.
>>
>>47288746
If you are right while getting wrecked in a fight you started, you still got wrecked in a fight you started.
>>
>>47288884
theProudmoorefamilyhistory.jpg
>>
>>47288530
Considering we'll be hoping for a last ride soon...

Warcraft(TM) will die with WoW, or there will be another thing universe-related?
>>
>>47289041
If the movie is going to be a success, there will be a tie-in of some sort. Now that SC2 is pretty much through, WC4 might be back on the table, but looking at LotV that'd be a monkey's paw.
>>
>>47288746
The horde left Theramore standing despite theramorian troops helping the invaders which attacked civilian targets themselves (battleships vs troll villages).

So at least under Thrall's leadership the horde was less dickish than the humans.
>>
>>47288530
I think Legion might have a good chanse of increasing userbase, although not to the level it once was. The previous two expansions have been rather...frivolous. MoP actually was very good (Siege of Orgrimmar lasting forever not withstanding), but is often dismissed as "Blizz riping Kung Fu Panda" or as just being generally dumb because pandas. WoD was gutted because they wanted to rush Legion, and thus is very lacking in content, and thematically is another "filler expansion" (let's face it, WoD primarily exists as a fanservice expansion to let player see pre-Outland Draenor, with a dumb excuse plot about Orc Hitler travelling back in time to provide some justification for players ending on AU Draenor).

Legion on the other hand has, well, the Legion, one of the biggest villains in the Warcraft universe. That might be enough to entice people who used to play and who like the lore back into the game, and fighting demonic legions is also more marketable to eople not super-familiar with the lore that pandaland adventures or time-travelling Orc Hitler.

Of course, it depends heavily on how the expansion is handled. WoD had a lot of potential as well, but they pretty much gutted the expansion, cutting tons of content and half-assing much of what made into the game, so it's hardly surpising people got bored and left. A good concept alone won't keep peopel playing if the endgame content is boring and gets stale quickly. They've moved the devs who were moved from WoW to Titan back to WoW, though, and Legion has a very large developer team now (one reason commonly given to problems with content in latest expansions is that they severely reduced the amount of developers due to people being shunted off to work on other projects), so hopefully that means it won't end up with half the content cut like WoD.
>>
>>47289041
Hearthstone, books/comics, and movies if the first is successful. Maybe give legacy servers a try if they can do it cheap just to see if it brings in any money.

And they know damn well that WC4 would print money even if its shit. I expect they'll wait til after WoW is good and dead for that, but not so long that people will have a chance to just forget Warcraft.
>>
>>47281069
being a warrior still let you use other types of magic like tricks and powers, like hurling yourself at the enemy, or literally spinning so fast an tornado forms around you.

If you mean the general army and population, well, they just roll with it.
>>
>>47288884
that just proves his daughter was shit who colaborated with the enemy over a lie.

And Thrall being a big fat liar
>>
>>47289261
Demon Hunter alone would make a lot of players resubsribe. people have being bitching about having it for ages.
>>
>>47289860
Nah, you're just a fag.

Go back to denying holocaust on /int/.
>>
>>47289873
Even Demon Hunters won't save the game. They'll prolong its lifespan, but not save it.
>>
File: image.jpg (752KB, 900x1273px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
752KB, 900x1273px
Trolls are so fluffy. I want to hug one.
>>
the changes Cataclysm made to the Plaguelands were pretty cool. I liked how the west was mostly clean, but the east is so far gone that it's not possible to fix yet outside of the areas that the Argent Crusade has held since vanilla. The idea of Cult of the Damned necromancers trying to assert control over parts of the Scourge after the death of the Lich King was neat too
>>
>>47290882
I liked the East Plaguelands story too, following that caravan and making friends. It was surprisingly uplifting for such a cursed, decayed zone.
>>
>ogres never
>>
Pos-TFT warcraft lore i.e. wow lore is garbage.
>>
>>47291130
There are bright spots. Tirion Fordring's story is nice, as is the idea of "We've ignored the expedition to Outland for too long" of BC. Wrath has some good points, as does some of Cata. Namely the old world, and I'm a sucker for Ramkahen/Egypt style zones. A pity nothing actually came of it. The background fluff for Mists was interesting, just handled terribly.
>>
>>47291311
>Tirion Fordring's story is nice,
nice try Tirion
>>
>>47291311
I personally don't like the way the handled the lich king, and arthas back in wrath.
>>
>>47291405
I can agree there. I think not making Icecrown into a gigantic battlefield like the fluff tried to imply was a mistake. Plus the Grizzly Hills "we tried to make Worgen, but oh fuck, they're meaner than the Scourge" story would have been a nice rare misstep.
>there will never be an Azjol'Nerub zone.

>>47291383
I just liked the focus on the Scarlet Crusade. Just imagine, a patch focusing on them trying to get their shit together! And since it's vanilla, that means no Horde allowed because reasons.
>>
>>47285723
18 or so on the whole planet over 4000ish years isn't a lot. Hell 100 isn't a lot given that amount of time and number of people and nations.
>>
>>47282499
No, I'm saying it makes sense for the chieftains to talk about Gul'Dan, whereas >>47282388 and >>47282247 are saying it doesn't.
>>
>>47287456
NE characters make sense but only after the first few levels. Like, they'd probably all be minimum level 3-5. Don't see any reason to have them unplayable, just that (if playing "current" Warcraft) they shouldn't have many level 1 characters, except maybe basic Sentinel archers. Age discrepancy is not a good reason to not allow a given race, imo.
>>
>>47291819
Except Fordring was always an orc-lover from day 1.
>>
>the tides do as Elune commands
apparently the elements are supposed to be related to Elune somehow?
>>
>>47296200
Well Elune is related to the moon, and the moon does have a realtionship with the tides....
>>
>>47293322
Because he's better man than you.
>>
>>47296928
I'd be a better person too if the universe made me incapable of failing or being wrong
>>
MUH SCARLET CRUSADE
WHY BLIZZARD WHY
reee
>>
>>47297185
Nah, in that case you'd have become some sort of edgy OC donut steele
>>
>>47297311
Like illidan, specially in legion according to the latest wow book.
>>
>>47296928
I'm not the "kill all orcs" dude. I was just trying to explain the ridiculousness of excluding Horde "because reasons".
>>
>>47297275
Because Scarlets are xenophobes who are too extreme even for Stormwind.
>>
What warcraft books are generally considered well written, or give a lot of lore about the universe? I started with WoW, but have a good general understanding from reading threads like these over the years.
also interested in a well done warcraft 1-3 let's play, possibly, since I don't enjoy RTS games that much.
>>
>>47297477
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBD3C34EA92E789DC
>>
File: 1390255291941.jpg (86KB, 658x509px) Image search: [Google]
1390255291941.jpg
86KB, 658x509px
Orb of the sindorei solves every problem. The only conflicts afer everyone gets a makeover is about who is prettiest and who stole the lipstick
>>
>>47297346
Good example desu
>>
>>47297732
>Everyone in the world is a catty blood elf
Civilization dies within two generations.
>>
>>47297477
The Last Guardian by Jeff Grubb

everything else is vapid popcorn shit or utter shit
>>
File: stefan2.jpg (45KB, 1278x678px) Image search: [Google]
stefan2.jpg
45KB, 1278x678px
>>47297732
>slutmogs
>>
>>47291819
>there will never be an Azjol'Nerub zone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teSSu9aHSXc

RRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>47297970
thanks Titan
>>
>>47287456
It's the same with standard DnD elves. The average starting age for an elf PC is over 100 years, yet they're still just as incompetent as a 18 year old human PC.
>>
>>47290916
I enjoyed how it felt like an actual adventure, a pilgrimage through old Lordaeron with enough stops to make the zone seem bigger than it is.
>>
>>47297970
Dread wastes was pretty much the AN storyline readdapted.
>>
So how much longer are the mods going to ignore the fact that these threads are in no way tg related?
>>
File: liadrin.jpg (679KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
liadrin.jpg
679KB, 1600x900px
>>47299679

High level NPC's tend to have similar fuckups regardless of race too, so makes sense.
>>
>>47299980
once in a while someone actually posts about what the thread was supposed to be for like >>47287285
>>
>>47299997

Why is she not wearing pants?
>>
>>47300034
Pants get in the way of the flow of mana.
>>
>>47299939
That... actually makes sense

swap Shek'Zeer for Anub'Arak and replace the klaxxi with living nerubians and you got a storyline about the last stand of the nerubians
>>
>>47300034
A fair number of women get away with wearing only a tabard. High Inquisitor Whitemane is one of the most famous.
>>
>>47300112

Not now that she's a death knight tho.
>>
>>47265220
>tfw no pink skin could ever satisfy a troll woman
>>
>>47300602
I'd imagine a human man would have a relatively easy time seducing a troll compared to attempting to seduce women of any other race. Mostly because troll women with soft, rounded features, features that we find attractive in general, are considered ugly by trolls

But this conversation could lead to terrible places
>>
File: 1368019922279.jpg (490KB, 800x614px) Image search: [Google]
1368019922279.jpg
490KB, 800x614px
>>47269148
Looks like light magical energy she wields already takes her on the road of night elf transformation.
>>
>>47300034
Have you ever had just that section of your legs feel hot and sweaty? I know I have.
>>
>>47301635
Man I miss WCIII NElves. That savagery and fighting spirit...WoW ruined them.
>>
>>47299980
Warcraft had two RPGs, several Boardgames, a miniatures game and a card game, so...

>>47299679
You aren't wrong, but a hundred years are a lot less bad than 10.000.
Even if you are just a low-ranked sentinel (and pretty much 99% of all women were sentinels) and you spent all of your time fucking trees, munching carpets and only occasionally shooting at a Satyr, Harpy or Furbolg that got himself corrupted again, you'd still be at least level 6 to 8, because ten thousand years is a long-ass time.
>>
>>47300034
The healing pants haven't dropped yet.
>>
>>47288530
You do realize that there are plenty of MMOs that keep going on with far lower subscriber numbers than one million? All it takes is shifting the business model around a bit and voila. If TORTANIC can survive thanks to roleplayers buying fancy looking cash shop gear, so can WoW.

The game will go on for decades before finally pulling the plug, if ever. Blizzard's other games making the bank with fraction the effort allows them to keep up WoW as long as their nostalgia for it being their record shattering game allows.
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 604x604px
>>47302346
>NE were once a proud independent nation, dedicated to protect their culture and safeguard their territory
>Now they are quasi-irrelevant 'advisors' (a.k.a cum-swallowers) for the Alliance

Why Blizz fucked them so hard??
>>
>>47304998
>Why Blizz fucked them so hard??
players just wouldn't be able to identify with non-human races :^)
>>
File: 1332785563819.jpg (262KB, 1200x1189px) Image search: [Google]
1332785563819.jpg
262KB, 1200x1189px
>>47302346
Remember this bow?
>>
File: night elf demon hunters.jpg (128KB, 900x582px) Image search: [Google]
night elf demon hunters.jpg
128KB, 900x582px
>>47305212
RPer's, Waifufags, and Blizz want their Alliance High Elves. Can't have the high elf model because Blood elves have it, so They are forcing Night elves into the role.
>>
>>47306679
Alliance had high elves in vanilla - individual npcs in Stormwind, Loch Modan, friendly elves in Hinterlands and Plaguelands.
Blood elves appeared as part of the horde only in the burning crusade (along with several new high elf alliance-aligned npcs)
>>
>>47308013
Nonono, they want the traditional 'High elf" role in the alliance filled similar to the old Alliance. Not actual high elves. Hence all the Night elf magi that have been appearing like crazy in WoD/Legion beta.

Not to mention half the Night elf fanart and some offical art draws Nelves more like traditional elves, shorter or just as tall as humans, not muscular, ect.
>>
>>47308319
Well the highborne are known for their arcanists, and they fit well into at least some of legion's areas.
And eldre'thalas was a thing in vanilla too albeit not as playable faction.
>>
>>47297732
Anon, why you post a variation of it in every thread?
>>
>>47293144
Why wouldn't they know of Gul'Dan, the orc single handedly responsible of distributing and procuring the demon blood. He was also Blackhand's vizier or some such, never directly controlling anything other than his warlock apprentices, who did know about Gul'Dan, surprise surprise..
>>
>>47306679
>RPer's, Waifufags, and Blizz want their Alliance High Elves.
which is funny, because High Elves only got retconned into having female soldiers because Blizzard was too lazy to make a seperate male archer model for the Quel'thalas levels, so they used a recoloured night elf archer
>>
>there's a crashed Horde zeppelin in the mountains Dun Modr is built into
WoW has really nice details built into the background
>>
>>47310180
And a lot of unaccounted-for mysteries. Remember the spooky kids in that one Elwynn inn?
>>
>>47310856
Plus the cape of Tanaris before Cata, and the islands to the south of it.
>>
>>47310991
wasn't there something there for the AQ opening quests?
>>
>>47311016
Yeah but that stuff was added later.
>>
>>47308319
But the traditional fantasy "high elves" being a part of the mostly monstrous Horde is one of the best parts of post-Vanilla WoW.
>>
>>47309211
>High Elves only got retconned into having female soldiers
Except Alleria was a playable hero unit as far back as Warcraft 2, so I'm pretty sure you're talking out of your ass here.
>>
>>47311245
all of the elven archers were male. Alleria and Garona were the only female characters in Warcraft period before 3
>>
File: Eversong Woods by JJcanvas.jpg (754KB, 1450x815px) Image search: [Google]
Eversong Woods by JJcanvas.jpg
754KB, 1450x815px
What's your favorite zone lore-wise /tg/? Which zone do you think would make the best starting point for a fun adventure in a tabletop campaign?
>>
>>47311261
Obviously all the elven archers were male, it's an RTS, all units are monogendered. Do you also assume that every single knight and peasant in Lordaeron had a moustache?

Alleria was explicitly part of the high elf military, so it was clearly not an all-male organization.
>>
ITT: filthy fucking alliancefags
you all disgust me.
>>
>>47311641
Go home Kosak, you're drunk.
>>
>>47311677
>implying
nah i'm just a MTG fag that plays horde, having to put up with alliance retardation every single one of these threads, and its honestly annoying to me.
>>
>>47311783
Theramore never forget
>>
>>47311854
remember.
Theramore: legit military target
Taurajo: Anuvva Shoah
>>
>>47311414
Outland is perfect.
>>
>>47311414
Dun morogh had so many plot hooks, and was comfy as hell.
>tfw ywn step out with your trusty boomstick and see ironforge in the distance.
>>
>>47311161
It was, until the Vanilla-Wrath dev team moved to Titan, and the E-team with a WCII obsession took over.

And thus to depowerment of Nelves went into overdrive.
>>
>>47312002
>Theramore: legit military target

So was Ogrimmar and Turajo.
>>
>>47313331
I wasn't talking about night elves
>>
>>47313360
I know.

Since 'High elves" can't be part of the Alliance anymore, They are forcing Night Elves into the "high Elf' slot that high elves filled in the old WC2 Alliance.
>>
>>47313331
>whining about your super special snowflake elves
anon plz.
>>
File: fucking stupid.jpg (44KB, 540x404px) Image search: [Google]
fucking stupid.jpg
44KB, 540x404px
>>47313500
>whining
>>
>>47313494
Ah

Yeah that is kind of annoying.

They also brought back Malfurion and had him do absolutely nothing. Because somehow they still hadn't learned that overpowered lore characters are a bad thing
>>
>>47313525
>implying you arn't
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.