[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would a scifi setting be like that plays all the most paranoid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: tardis.gif (820KB, 660x366px) Image search: [Google]
tardis.gif
820KB, 660x366px
What would a scifi setting be like that plays all the most paranoid views regarding VR tech (Oculus and beyond) to their conclusion?

pic related, they're seeing/feeling one another's bodies.
>>
>>47226117
Man I can't imagine what that'd be like.
>>
>>47226117
See the Star Trek TNG Episode about Barclay's holodeck fantasies for a quick look at the concept.
>>
>>47226117
Could be interesting if the PCs were some sort of Luddite faction
>>
>>47226117
Oh, I've heard of this. if you have a VR simulation that shows a virtual body that very closely mimics the position of your own body, your brain is fooled into thinking the virtual body is the real one.

So what we're seeing here is a feedback loop. They're having swapped perspectives, but because they're not restrained, when one moves their hands, the other sees the hands move and subconsciously duplicates the action. Thus they're thinking - and doing - close to the exact same thing at the exact same time.

THESE TWO PEOPLE ARE LITERALLY MIND-LINKED.
>>
>>47226182
JUST IMAGINE ALL THE BOOB-GRABBING
>>
>>47226182
Like how smiling can make people feel better but on a larger scale?
>>
>>47226182
Thats pretty damn cool actually.
>>
File: kids_these_days....jpg (116KB, 1024x1453px) Image search: [Google]
kids_these_days....jpg
116KB, 1024x1453px
>>47226117
>all the most paranoid views regarding VR tech (Oculus and beyond) to their conclusion?

>People get so immersed their bodies have to be subdued so they can remain safe.
>they're fed intravenously so they don't have to leave VR to eat
>they're suspended in a weird sort of fluid sac so they can do almost anything in VR without it affecting the real world
>Some people live large parts of their lives in VR without realizing it
>People eat whatever they want in the VR world, but IRL are probably eating soy and human corpse-starch
>Criminal justice organizations use VR with the subduing process to achieve ultra-secure detainment while allowing detainees to feel free

But yeah you've got most of those fears realized in the Matrix.
>>
>>47226169
OP here, just watched it and

>a cup of glass is a major plot point
only Star Trek things

pretty cool tho
>>
>>47226182
HOLY FUCK IT'S HAPPENING. On a slightly more serious note, where do I find the tech to do this, how much will it cost me, and where do I find a girl that will let me touch her virtual boobs if she can touch my virtual dick?
>>
>>47226182
This effect has been known for a while. The same principle is used to treat people with phantom limb pain using mirrors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirror_box
>>
>>47230943
Basic video goggles and some decent webcams is all you really need. Aside from a volunteer.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.