[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but /tg/ isn't one of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 8

File: TCG.png (834KB, 841x500px) Image search: [Google]
TCG.png
834KB, 841x500px
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but /tg/ isn't one of the boards I spend much time on.

Is it alright to start a thread looking for feedback on a custom TCG? Is that something that would be cool here, or not?
>>
if you think your ideas and mechanis are unique or interesting then yes
>>
>>47224759
Totally.

Whachoo got for us anon?
>>
>>47224759
This would be the place. Show us what you got.
>>
File: imagin.png (1MB, 1125x1046px) Image search: [Google]
imagin.png
1MB, 1125x1046px
>>47224824
>>47224846
>>47224872

Great, thanks! It's working title is Henshin and it's themed around transformations. Right now I've just been using Kamen Rider to work out the mechanics of it all, but (if I don't get bored of it) I plan to bring in other series, like Super Sentai, Viewtiful Joe, PMMM, etc.

I don't have much aside from Fighters and Gears right now, but I'm kicking around ideas for Allies, Resources, Areas, and Actions, among other things.

It's really very gimmicky, with it being based around transformations, super modes, overlays... I'll go into that more in a sec.
>>
>>47224923
Gonna be honest man, those are really hard to read.
>>
File: gaim_riders.png (944KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
gaim_riders.png
944KB, 750x1046px
>>47224923

Decks are between 50 and 100 cards and serve as your Energy. Cards are played by milling your deck the appropriate amount of energy, and paying energy to transform. Cards cannot transform on the turn they are played.

Turn order is Draw > Main > Attack > End. In combat, the attacker chooses which fighters to attack with. The defender chooses which fighters to block with, and then the attacker decides who fights who. If multiple fighters attack the same target and it's destroyed before one of them deals damage, that damage is dealt to the defender. Game is over when a player has 0 energy. This happens immediately.

Sorry about the quality on these ones, there's not that much HQ images of these guys, and I'm using not the best at doing transparencies by hand yet.
>>
File: Macacaralhoo.jpg (59KB, 700x937px) Image search: [Google]
Macacaralhoo.jpg
59KB, 700x937px
I've got this crazy ass idea where you have 2 nigga decks 1 is about street knowledge and the other is straight up bitch-ass bullshit full of guns crime and shit
Each turn you draw a muthafuckin card from yo street knowledge deck and you opponent do the same, you both read the card out loud (may rap if you like) then you check fo the numbers, the higher knowledge player win, the lower knowledge draws a card from the other nigga deck
then he/she proceed to resolve the card ex: draw a crime scene (boosts your street knowledge by 2) may beat the other nigga
ex2: draw heroin (boosts street knowledge by 2, roll dice: if even contracts aids and boosts knowledge by 1, else nothing happens)

see where I'm getting?
could also have themed decks you know like gangsta deck, hermano deck, you name it
>>
File: lockseeds.png (796KB, 1125x1046px) Image search: [Google]
lockseeds.png
796KB, 1125x1046px
>>47224951
I know, and I don't really know how to fix that. I can definitely change the font, which I think will help, but there's only so much room on the cards as is. I think the outline helps, but another font might be better.

These are some of the Overlay gear cards, they go on >>47224996 these guys
>>
File: overlays.png (1MB, 1125x1046px) Image search: [Google]
overlays.png
1MB, 1125x1046px
>>47225066

And here's some examples of the overlays. Again, quality, apologies
>>
File: super_modes.png (656KB, 1569x375px) Image search: [Google]
super_modes.png
656KB, 1569x375px
And here are some of the Super Modes, or Level Up, cards. They are played horizontally over the fighters they level up.

I honestly don't know what I'm doing with power levels. Sometimes it feels like I'm making a complicated card unrealistically weak, and other times a base form seems really overpowered. I keep trying to reword effects and compensate but until this is playtested I'm just going by gut feeling. If it's ever playtested.
>>
>>47225066
>that card template
So are they supposed to be transparent plastic or something like that?
>>
File: beta.png (502KB, 750x523px) Image search: [Google]
beta.png
502KB, 750x523px
Last thing I really have for now, an old beta card I was using to figure out where I wanted to go with this. I'd like to go back and remake it at some pint. It's a double-faced card and would flip in addition to transform.
>>
>>47225147
Yeah, pretty much. They would overlay the fighters from >>47224996 to make cards like >>47225088

I don't know if it would really work, but it's an idea
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.