[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here is a challenge for you guys. How would you run a campaing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1401048375600.jpg (61KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1401048375600.jpg
61KB, 600x600px
Here is a challenge for you guys.

How would you run a campaing in which all the player characters are blind?

And no, no tremorvsense and all that "blind, but can still see" bullshit.
>>
>>47146541
FATAL.

Blindfolds.
>>
>>47146541
Sit in a dark room and talk.
>>
Either I as the dm am the friend who can see, or they all have seeing eye animals, and I come up with a complex system of rolls for their ability to make use of said animals. Im assuming this isnt high fantasy or most combat oriented games or they would be fucked.
>>
>>47146541
Why would you want to play a character so heavily debilitated? I can get behind a peg leg and an eye patch, but full on blindness is too much to be fun, imo.
>>
>>47146541
-50 to spot checks.
Proceed as usual.
>>
>>47146541
option a) Kingdom Death: Monster, minus lanterns.
option b) when everyone is cripple, no one is. Whole world is blind.
>>
>>47146541
How about the players are lost in a strange gonzo labyrinth far below the surface, Deep Carbon Observatory, and with light sources being so rare must rely on their other senses most of the time.

It would be interesting to describe a room by its smell and texture. In fact, I might have to steal this concept.
>>
>>47147699
You'd have to make sure to use a system where player's can't just shit out light whenever they want to. D&D's Light cantrip would end your fun before it even began.
>>
>>47147716
Well my default is LotFP, which is basically a retroclone which, among other things, does away with cantrips.

Is the Magic User willing to risk injury or horrible miscasts for a few minutes of weak light?
>>
>>47147716
Such a cantrip would be of extreme value and rarity, and possibly even a far higher level spell than you think.

Otherwise this gonzo labyrinth wouldn't be plunged into darkness.
>>
>>47147765
Well, usually one maze isn't the whole universe, and the cantrip only lasts for an hour, as of 5e, so it's possible it could be entirely unlit when there aren't adventurers tromping around inside.

Modern day and scifi settings usually have no problem working in a flashlight to armor or weapon design, so it's not just a D&D issue either.
>>
>>47146541
Kingmaker style, no combat, everyone is an adviser in a kingdom

Probably whip up some lore explaining why all the advisers are blind. Maybe reading otherworldly scrolls made them blind but wise, Elder Scrolls style. Maybe the king cuts out the eyes of all of his advisers so that none of them are a threat to him, Byzantine style.
>>
>>47147699

I like the laberynth idea.

Make it so its unaturally dark so normal light sources do shit all.
>>
>>47146541
Paranoia, players were blinded to test some new invention that automatically recognizes surrounding and navigates the wearer verbally.
Some of the FEATURES implemented by wise Friend Computer might be misunderstood by foolish individuals and perceived as bugs. But obviously open criticism is treason.
>>
>>47146541
Did you know that humans can learn Echolocation?
It's difficult, and is reliant on the same parts of the mind that govern sight so being blind is practically the prerequisite to learn but we are fully capable of it.
>>
>>47146541
Make sure to have one of them leading the others.
>>
File: test.png (70KB, 248x140px) Image search: [Google]
test.png
70KB, 248x140px
>>47150446
>>
>>47146541

Describe everything with the other senses.

>you smell an enemy nearby.

>you hear a werewolf charge against you

>you can taste mithril in the sword you just looted.

>you feel the barmaid's soft lips upon you.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.