[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you include intrigue elements in a dungeon crawling campaign

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: beautiful_death_one-shot_149.jpg (1MB, 1920x2804px) Image search: [Google]
beautiful_death_one-shot_149.jpg
1MB, 1920x2804px
How do you include intrigue elements in a dungeon crawling campaign where you barely see any other intelligent characters?
>>
This is like asking how to include aquatic creatures in a desert setting.
>>
>>47145473
And yet both seem to have the same answer.
>an oasis
>>
>>47145473
Fish tanks?
>>
>>47145548
>>47145566

Stay retardrd.
>>
>>47143037
Party encounters other characters in the dungeon and come to owe them favors
NPCs have conflicting goals
Party decides what to do in the face of debts and what have you
>>
>>47143037
Dungeon's backstory, questions and decisions should be taken from some personal drama from the past
>>
>>47143037
Apocalyptic logs that catalog the dungeon's construction, original purpose, or inhabitants.
>>
>>47145930
>"I hate fun"
>>
>>47143037
dunno.
>>
>>47143037
Clarification: Are you saying that this particular 'dungeon crawl' (I'm assuming one big 'megadungeon' site being the center of the campaign) is uninhabited by other intelligent creatures, or are you saying that you assume a dungeon-crawling campaign never involves meeting other intelligent creatures?
>>
File: Argugin xeoisects.png (953KB, 758x1047px) Image search: [Google]
Argugin xeoisects.png
953KB, 758x1047px
>>47143037

All the party members know that there's a thing at the end of the dungeon that can only grant ONE of the party member's wishes, but that to do that an item each of the PCs carries is vital to activating the wish granting thing.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.