[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the /tg/ crowd (or closest thing to one) at your high

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: cultist chan.jpg (114KB, 421x292px) Image search: [Google]
cultist chan.jpg
114KB, 421x292px
What was the /tg/ crowd (or closest thing to one) at your high school like? Stereotypical neckbeards and autists? LAWLSORANDUMB and OW THE EDGE nu-nerds? Surprisingly decent people?
>>
>>47105593

There were none. The closest was a dude who liked wolves and cosplayed Columbine every day.

He still does that. He's a freelance DJ, which is a weird way to say "unemployed"
>>
File: Wat-3d-Gif-12.png (390KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
Wat-3d-Gif-12.png
390KB, 500x498px
>>47105621
>cosplayed Columbine
>>
>>47105653

It means he wore black leather trenchcoats and looked like someone from the Columbine shooting/Matrix you dumb faggot. Even I knew what he was talking about.
>>
>>47105593
Inexistant
>>
>>47105621
>cod playing columbine
My sides of fries are gone
>>
Metal heads who were in love with fantasy elements because of either Ensiferum or Dragonforce. They tended to drink too much to play for long but they were never short on enthusiasm.
>>
Didn't have such a crowd.
>>
>>47105801
>>47106067
>(or closest thing to one)
>>
Mine were fairly normal. I grew up in South Dakota, and nerd-related hobbies were a few hours away.

There was a group of magic players, but they were casual. I had a friend who played D&D, but not often.
>>
>>47105593
Exclusively autistic oddballs who had varying degrees of depression/antisocial behavior.
Mostly LOLSORANDUMB and OW THE EDGE.
One of our players was arrested or at least questioned by the police (he disappeared with basically no explanation after the event) and I'm pretty sure our DM was a sadist.
Took me two years to realize I had beaten wife syndrome.
>>
>>47105896
Yeah I had these kind of people around me too. Just add their worship of hitler, occult and various other bullshit.
>>
>>47107410
>One of our players was arrested or at least questioned by the police (he disappeared with basically no explanation after the event) and I'm pretty sure our DM was a sadist.
If you don't mind... storytiem?
>>
The special ed table at lunch played yugio cards.
Knew a few guys into warcraft I guess didn't really get it at the time.
>>
>>47105593
I had to make my /tg/ circle.

Went to my "nerd club" and managed to woo a group of people into playing TTRPGs with the help of one other guy who was interested in playing. They were alright, definitely better that a lot of /tg/ horror stories.

There was one other group in my High School that played D&D, but I only figured out about them in my senior year. I've stuck with some of those players ever since graduation, though, and they're still playing in my current game.
>>
>>47107554
I've done three or four storytimes about these guys, actually. They (and I) were a gold mine of That Guy stories.
Start with this one.
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/46643411/#q46644260
>>
As far as I know my friends and I were the /tg/crowd and we kept that shit to ourselves, otherwise normal average teenagers.

>the lanky guy, me
>the fat guy, rich parents
>the black guy, on the football team
>the gay guy, theater
>the token girl, goth
>token girl's little sister, bigger boobs than token girl

It was a fun bunch
>>
A pack of weird asian girls and their token white girl
>>
>>47105593
We were typical nerds, with LOLRANDUMB autists thrown in just to spice it up.
>>
There was no true /tg/ crowd at my school as far as I know, going three years older than me and three years younger. People who played video games for more than a few minutes a day were also pretty rare.

There were precisely two students that ever played anything /tg/ related (me and a friend of mine), and it was because the new band director who moved from a larger city to here for work wanted to play a game of MTG. I had a couple of cousins who played back in the Unlimited days, but they would never show me how to play on the rare occasions I visited them, always opting for simple card games or Monopoly variants, never actually dragging out Axis and Allies or anything else while I was over (I'm still bitter about this to this day, I suppose they didn't want someone 6 to 8 years their younger playing anything deep with them).

It wasn't until I graduated that I was able to convince two of my real life friends to join me in a game of World of Darkness, of which no one knew how to play or GM for. It was also the most fun campaign I've ever ran.

Even after I graduated college and got a teaching job for a few years at my old school, there are still no kids showing markers of typical /tg/ behavior, so either there's no /tg/ers or they were hiding their power level pretty hardcore.
>>
>>47105593
>AWLSORANDUMB and OW THE EDGE nu-nerds?
This. I was in high school till 2014, so things weren't that different from today.
>>
>>47109086
which one were you?
>>
There was none except me, unfortunately.
It was in 90s and in Russia, though.
Didn't met them until university.
>>
>>47107912
Was your high school life an actual sitcom? Or did your friends just fit the list that bit too well?
If you're Asian you pretty much tick all the little boxes on my spreadsheet. And I don't even have a spreadsheet!
>>
>>47105593
A better pic would have resulted in more replies, OP
>>
I don't know about my whole school, but my group came from our theatre department, particularly the improv troupe. Best group ever 2bh
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (36KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
36KB, 1280x720px
>>47105593
The closest thing I can think think of was the TCG crowd, but that was more middle school than high school. Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! were vastly more popular than M:tG in hometown, so I think most of those kids turned into the weeb crowd, which was sizeable in my high school.
>>
>>47105593
All we had were a bunch of guys that played magic.
>>
>>47113147
I've always wondered about the fa/tg/uys in faraway places
>>
>>47113262
>Was your high school life an actual sitcom?
It was dull as fuck, the highlight of it being the brief period of time when goth girl and little sister were fighting over me and that quickly came to an end when I let them know that I would much rather tittyfuck a 15 year old than listen to lame tryhard poetry.
I'm white by the way.
>>
>>47106116
closest thing around my area was the few "add" kids who would trade pokemon cards or pogs, while discussing that new game, Final Fantasy VII at the lunch table.
I was one of them.
>>
File: 1419650874311.jpg (63KB, 600x790px) Image search: [Google]
1419650874311.jpg
63KB, 600x790px
>>47105593
It was split down the middle. On one half were the typical /v/+/tg/ hybrids we talked Halo and BF while playing Magic. I was on the /tg/+/k/ side of things, and by that I mean we played GO after school and turned every group project in our Algebra and Pre-Cal class into a wargame where we used Graphing Calcs as our dice rolls and smart boards as our board. That was the day we learned that our classmates thought that "Charge Them With Knives" is the answer to nearly any field problem.

If roleplay is /tg/, we rp'ed as a mortar team by lobbing acorns across the school yard at other lunch cliques. It was behind a bush, so whoever loaded the mortars hands and the mortar themselves had to rely on a forward observer who peeped over the bush.
>>
>>47107754
Hey, I remember that thread

(Not) Good times.
>>
>>47122995
Did you tittyfuck her anon?
>>
>>47124952
The little sister, yeah. We dated for a couple of years.
>>
none existed
>>
Sad
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.