[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How am I supposed to play a halfling or gnome in a good way that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

How am I supposed to play a halfling or gnome in a good way that isn't boring
>>
>>47072741

How would you play anything else in a good way that is not boring?
>>
>>47072757
ivdont know ivonko!
>>
>>47072741
Play a human midget that hates halflings, and is often mistaken for a halfling. Or might be a halfling and insists he is not. Keep it light. Like a quasi-halfling Uncle Ruckus.

Whenever something bad happens or you get bad rolls, make your character bitterly remark to himself, "I bet the halflings did this."
>>
>>47072915
>do this
>gm assigns me as non combatant peasant before I can even say the class
>after being useless for two sessions he forces my character to settle down through an arranged marriage he can't back down from
>makes me play his presence made gmpc after that
>>
>>47072915
>"I swear, I'm not a Halfling, and he isn't a Gnome!"
>Quote commonly attributed to legendary criminals, Jaxis "Crazy Hand", about himself and his partner in crime, "Felixis the Mad".

>Both were found guilty of plots to steal the King's treasury* using magic, wits, thieve's tools, alchemical devices, a stepping-stool, a skeleton key, maps of the treasury and the castle, and 10 lbs. of Assorted Dwarven Cheese.

>No one knows what the stepping-stool was to be used for, but it was surely for a nefarious purpose.

>*The entire building, to be precise.
>>
I played a halfling freed slave who kept a few trained wolves which were also slaves to the hobgoblins he escaped from. He was pragmatic and ruthless but mostly just wanted to sit by the fire with his pups.
>>
>>47073059
How short can a human be
Is he a very show human or very tall halfling
>>
>>47072741
Play the character, not the race.
>>
>>47072741
Do you have something that you want to do with the character? Is there something other than racial bonuses that attracted you to them?
>>
>>47072741
is that a pizza hut pan pizza
>>
>>47072741
What location are you from? What was your social position? What was your social position in relation to your family's? Why did you become an adventurer? Where do you see yourself in five years?
>>
>>47073113
But halfings are Human, aren`t they?
They can have kids with humans, they are just unbreed midgets.
>>
>>47073636
Had the same thought.
>>
>>47072741

That looks fucking delicious. I could go for some pizza right now.
>>
>>47072741
Roleplay your size. Watch a documentary about midgets to get an idea what they have to deal with in day-to-day life and translate it to a fantasy setting.

Usually, people roleplay gnomes and halflings the same way they would roleplay medium sized races and that's what makes them boring, because then you're just a human.
>>
>>47072741
Roleplay them being amazed by the size of human pizza.
>>
File: 1445305983300.jpg (95KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1445305983300.jpg
95KB, 640x640px
Just went and bought a triple cheese double sauce pizza

Thanks OP you come up with the best ideas
>>
File: 1458061423211.jpg (55KB, 500x432px) Image search: [Google]
1458061423211.jpg
55KB, 500x432px
>>47072741
I'm both outraged and mesmerized by this pizza
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.