[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Dice Masters only relevant and still living Collectible Dice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Is Dice Masters only relevant and still living Collectible Dice Game?
I know that you can still buy Dragon Dice but it looks like the DM is the only CDG with new expansions, sets etc.
How is this possible? Why CDGs have so hard times with staying afloat? Dice based board games like Dungeon Roll are usually sought-after and people like them
>>
>>46988368
>Dungeon Roll
neva heard of it
>>
>>46988441
You can find proxe templates on BGG and try it. I'm pretty suprised it has only 6.2 on BGG - most of reviews are positive but it's just one game so it's not a point
>>
>>46988368
There are other collectible dice games?
>>
>>46988718
Sadly, I have not found any relevant CDG other than MD.
http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/3047/collectable-dice-games-cdgs
>>
Nobody plays Quarriors anymore? Or is that under the dice masters label
>>
>>46989932
Quarriors was never really a collectible game as far as I know. It was just a board game with lots of expansions.

Dice Masters is going strong. It's hit-or-miss with new people though. I refuse to let ultra-competitive people ruin the fun that my group has during our weekly games. We get enough prize support to not be uber dicks to each other just to get the latest promos.
>>
>>46990548
Matt?
>>
>>46990796
>0796▶
>>>46990548 (You)
Mike?
>>
>>46990847
Yup, smallish world.
>>
>>46990847
>>46990796
What flavor of Dice Masters do you guys play? I've heard best things about Marvel, but I don't really care about supers much myself and the game seems abstract enough that you should want to imagine what is going on.
>>
>>46991033
We play all the sets mixed together and we both have mostly complete collections of every set released so far.
We try to do theme nights for every other game (every week wednesday), for example this coming up game is movie night, everyone's team has to be made up of characters that have appeared in a live-action movie or TV show.
>>
>>46991087
That sounds pretty cool. You guys sound like a fun group. And sorry if I sound like one of those asses you try to avoid when it comes to dice masters, but I thought the DnD themed game had different mechanics than the Mavel game (with items and experience or something), and I didn't even know there were more than those two. Do you just kind of hybrid rules, is it a case of me just not knowing better and they all have the same mechanics but call it something else, or am I wrong on both accounts and I'm just being dumb?
>>
>>46991204
There are 4 Marvel sets, 3 DC sets, 2 D&D sets, and 1 Yu-Gi-Oh set.
The item actions from D&D only work with characters from the D&D set that have the equipment symbol on them, and the experience ability only works with characters with the monster banner are KO'd. So a lot of D&D is very self contained, but dragons, fiends, and swarm teams have all proven very effective.
>>
>>46991339
So they area bit separate and it would be OK for me to just pick up some DnD dice, especially if I will probably only be playing with my wife and waiting for my son to get older?
>>
>>46991406
For sure. All of the sets work well together, and I particularly enjoy the DnD sets. Pick up some and just play for fun, that's what the game is there for.

Mechanics wise it seems like Wizkids is trying to make each set semi self-contained to make drafting more efficient, but still work together as a whole.
>>
>>46991706
Cool I'll keep that on the back burner. Might get Strat-O-Matic Baseball as my next board game purchase. Maybe if I do that the Astros will start winning.
>>
File: Lesbians.jpg (207KB, 627x500px) Image search: [Google]
Lesbians.jpg
207KB, 627x500px
>>46990847
>and then they kissed
>>
>>46988368
Dungeon Roll isn't collectable though.

Does anyone else here even *remember* Dragon Dice? It was one of the reasons TSR failed.
>>
>>46988368
>Why CDGs have so hard times with staying afloat?
If it helps I've never heard of a collectible dice game in my life. That may be part of it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.