[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>weapons focused around irradiating the target and surroundings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: Adeptus Mechanicus.jpg (267KB, 1223x709px) Image search: [Google]
Adeptus Mechanicus.jpg
267KB, 1223x709px
>weapons focused around irradiating the target and surroundings
Haven't these guys ever thought that at some point normal humans may want to use the field for something?
>>
>>46987785

>Sorry about all the radwaste, guess this'll have to be a Mechanicum world from now on. What a pity, eh?
>>
>>46987785

"Excuse me mi'lord but this is an important Agri-world for this sector!"

"We've calculated the risks and found that every world can produce a similar out put by building up their agricultural infrastrtuce which can be done once we've finished construction of our new facilities on this planet."
>>
>>46987785
>Haven't these guys ever thought that at some point normal humans may want to use the field for something?

Yeah, we had exactly that thought. Then we issued every trooper another 5 magazines for their rad-carbine
>>
>>46987785

Resulting radpollution will result in an average decrease in lifespan of 5%. Luckily, this coincides with the age of retirement on this world, so production efficiency is not effected. Keep calm and pass the rad-ammunition.
>>
>>46987785
>OMG THis 40k Factions is not worried about long term collateral damage caused by the weapons they employ! What a shocking turn of events! What a unusual thing!

Dude...Do you know anything about 40k? Like, I think every codex even opens with something along the lines of 'Everyone get's buttfucked with a razor dildo on tuesdays, and this is the least horrible thing to happen to them'. And you are somehow mildly surprise they employ radiation based weapons for their possible enviromental impact? They guys that wipe out worlds with viral bombs, and have a chimera built around pouring down toxic gases on enemies...And THOSE are the least bad factions in the setting.
>>
>>46987785

>"Degredation of limbs and organs you say? No problem, we have plenty of spare cybernetic parts on hand, which will be good for when they start working the refineries. a win win I say!"
>>
>>46987785
I'm pretty sure for a weapon to deliver lethal doses to be a viable weapon, the intensity has to be very high and as I remember, highly active substances tend to have a very short half-life.

Besides, skitarii are not used for everyday engagements. Admech leaves the grunt work to Guard and Marines, their dudes are mostly for protecting their own assets and securing their own goals. If Admech sends skitarii to an agri-world, there's something there that they really want and it's more important than few thousand square miles of farmland.
>>
File: 1454889055380.png (522KB, 748x499px) Image search: [Google]
1454889055380.png
522KB, 748x499px
>>46987785
>normal humans may want to use the field for something?

"Well you see Commander Galt, our use of Rad-Weaponry has a number of beneficial side effects. One of the larger ones being that it reduces occurrence of "battlefield looting" which is a truly deplorable practice.

With their blessed energy covering the battlefield transgressors are fairly judge: time spent thieving is time spent closer to death. In some cases this beneficial result will even prevent the future "creation of more thieves" given adequate exposure.

...As I understand it a number of your units have reported to medicae section with complaints of hair loss.
>>
>>46988996
>>46988125
>>46988113
>>46988075
>>46988029
>>46988010
>>46987986

ITT: Making light of a bad situation or "It's getting to crowded on this Forge world, good thing there's a crusade right around the cornor"
>>
>>46987785
if anything it makes them want to do it more, makes monopolizing land easier
>>
File: LaughingGods.png (28KB, 443x395px) Image search: [Google]
LaughingGods.png
28KB, 443x395px
>>46987785

>Haven't these guys ever thought that at some point normal humans may want to use the field for something?

I wish I had a "Laughing TechMagi" pic.
>>
>>46987785
I actually have questions, do tech priests and Skitarii have off time? do they have hobbies? do they have culture? courting practices? means of teaching their kids? do they have kids? or do they just vat grow them from some zygotes and wire the info into them so they just emerge as functioning adults?
>>
according to fluff in new codex techpriests do indeed have children, and they probably have courting practices (though that isn't explicitly mentioned). There is a culture obviously, though most of it is tied up in their religion. Skitarii...well they don't have anything besides their obligations. they're either vat grown or brainwashed if i've read the lore right.
>>
>>46990141
so are deathcorps and space marines respectively, they still have lives of their own sort at times, I can imagine skitarii have a strong natural work ethic and dislike any time spent idle, even if not in combat they'll probably be tinkering, coding, maintaining
>>
File: tumblr_nmn0pabxQe1sv53cpo2_1280.jpg (398KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmn0pabxQe1sv53cpo2_1280.jpg
398KB, 1280x1707px
>>46990260
The primary infantry unit literally carry guns which give them cancer. Their brains have been rewired so they must follow orders, they march till death if that is their command. Those that become skitarii are only the deperate, the forced or extreme zealots.

Their will is the the great quest for knowledge and their current set of doctrina imperatives.

The skitarii are the Machin God's tin men.
The deathkorps have their humanity repressed.
The space marines are taken beyond humanity.
But the skitarii have it sliced from them and replaced by the mechanism's unflinching certainty.
They have the orders of their overseers. That is all.
>>
>>46990850

Some Skitarii maintain a semblance of human personality. Many still feel much human emotion. In the Codex a Ranger takes much satisfaction, as much as he can, in shooting down Eldar from jet bikes with perfect machine accuracy and target priority. In another fluff blurb, a Sicaran Ruststalker Princep makes a rousing speech about fighting for the Omnissiah, which is rather half-heartedly returned by his squad members, who have more a joy in the slaughter than the framing of the scene, much to his annoyance. He jumps to the top of a great statue and glimpses the sun glinting off all the Omnissiah's works through the haze of smog, quite satisfied at the beauty of the scene, then he dives headfirst into a mob of Orks.

I suppose Skitarii have their own culture to themselves, like a brotherhood of machines built to bring death to the enemies of the Machine God. Some Skitarii aren't much better than automatons, as they all vary from Forge World to Forge World, but others seem to prize the artistry and poetry of war as well. Some can even elevate themselves to the position of Tech-Priest, and even Magos should they survive long enough. Even these inhuman tinmen have humanity of a kind, though not in the way we might understand it.
>>
File: 1456716111408.jpg (488KB, 1920x1804px) Image search: [Google]
1456716111408.jpg
488KB, 1920x1804px
>>46990850
>>46991017
One of the Skitarii books mentions how the main character (a Princeps) remembers being a laborer at a forge world before being elevated into the Skitarii since depending on the forgeworld it can be considered an honor and advancement in the organization.

He also makes it clear how there is a distinct difference between the three states of "Non-combat, Combat, and 'assuming direct control'".

>Non-combat: pretty much like any other highly motivated soldier
>Combat: Stims and protocols engage making them hyper focused
>"Assuming direct control": almost like a out of body experience in which the Skiarii is directly guided to certain actions and while deviation could occur there's almost no desire to do so given it's quasi-religious significance.

It makes sense that they'd want them to be able to highly function without being "direct controlled" all the time since that'd be a massively inefficient expenditure of time and energy.
>>
>>46990010
They don't have culture, just a lot of ontological protocols lacking proper synchronization over interstellar distances.
>>
File: Technology ain't free.png (35KB, 780x532px) Image search: [Google]
Technology ain't free.png
35KB, 780x532px
Like they give a fuck.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.