[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone know what happened to this magic system? I can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: 1380157480166.jpg (95KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1380157480166.jpg
95KB, 1000x1000px
Does anyone know what happened to this magic system? I can't find the guides for it online.
>>
What the fuck is it?
>>
>>46858556
t. newfag
>>
>46858556
It's a rune based magic system that was really fleshed out in the way how your rune circles were positioned would change the spell's effects.
For example, the circle embedded into the border of the middle circle is adjusting the middle rune. I don't have the maker's chart, so I can't read what the runes are exactly
>>
File: Mosaic.jpg (530KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Mosaic.jpg
530KB, 1000x1000px
No clue, but I really miss Mosaic.
>>
>>46858656
I think the top one is 'create' and the central rune might be 'fire'. The rune affecting the central is likely a size changing rune.
>>
>>46858706
Probably control and air runes, then?
>>
>>46858743
I guess it just makes a fire of some kind, perhaps enhanced by air, or self-sustaining.
>>
>>46858542
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/27288856/
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/27284375/
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/27280402/

Search rune on suptg for the rest. There's a stormforge youtube channel with someone who took the idea in an alternate direction, just search for that similarly.
>>
File: Spell circle.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Spell circle.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>46858542
I have it, enjoy it anon.
>>
>>46859446
Anon delivers!
>>
>>46859446
This seems glaringly complicated for creating spells on the fly. How would one fit this into a game?
>>
>>46859894
I know one of the quests uses it. We also handed it to /pol/ during that whole ebola thing
>>
>>46859894
have it be a wizard's tower, and let the party find notes on the runes in it.
For example you could have them find a trap triggering rune that they can puzzle to solve, or find a teleportation rune that will bring them to a secret treasure room if they can decipher the correct trigger.
>>
>>46859894
>What are rituals?
>What are quickened rituals (tattooing runes on your body to be able to cast them whenever)?
Anon, it's like you aren't even a runecaster.
>>
>>46859446
Is there a dictionary of runes? Because this would be a lot easier to use if you actually knew all the options.
>>
>>46860243
You can use pictogramms or hieroglyphs (Egyptian, Chinese etc.), they are basically the same thing. Hell, you can use emoticons if you are running a modern campaign.

>emoji-based rune-casting system
>cast spells with your mobile phone
Sounds pretty cool, in my opinion.
>>
>>46860296
>>emoji-based rune-casting system
>>cast spells with your mobile phone
>Sounds pretty cool, in my opinion.
...shit, going to have to make that a thing in the upcoming game.
>>
File: 50runes.png (129KB, 1172x1976px) Image search: [Google]
50runes.png
129KB, 1172x1976px
>>46860243
I have looked for that stuff not too long ago again.
I think this image has the most runes from these threads.
I also think the anon that made that system has taken it further and made or is making an acutal game or setting with it. Don't remember how it's called.
>>
>>46860348
I recommend checking out TWEWY if you want some inspiration for modern fantasy.
>dressing fashionable enhances your magic
>the monsters are the embodiment of humans' negative thoughts
>fashion brands' trends severely influence the your magic power, depending on what brand you are wearing and which brands are popular
>>
Dammit, I usually don't like magic systems with intensive, engineering-tier formula behind them, where everything is explained and thought out, but this? This is really cool.
>>
>>46860451
I mean, add a couple more layers on, and you'll see why wizards gotta be so smart.
>>
File: Yep.jpg (49KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
Yep.jpg
49KB, 800x500px
Here is a spell for moving goalposts
>>
>>46859914
Which quest?
>>
>>46860932
>>>/s4s/
>>>/x/
>>
>>46860957
banished quests enchanting system
>>
>>46860411
I wish I had the money for a DS
>>
>>46860957
Magical Academy Quest doesn't probably use that exact system, but it uses a rune system, with spells obv. made by players.
Like Sun into Ice Cream.
>>
>>46862608
>what is emulating
>what is having an Android device
Granted, I prefer the dual screen combat system over the single screen the mobile version introduced, but that's not really an issue.

It's also extremely addictive, and a perfect time-killer while you are commuting.
t. 180 hours emulated, 440 hours on Android.
>>
>>46860411
Could give the Laundry Files by Charles Stross a look too, probably some stuff there that could work with the rune system.
>>
>>46862637
I think it is the same system, actually. Plus some added features
>>
>>46858542
The Runed Age. search that.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.