[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove, contains all official 5e stuf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 346
Thread images: 42

File: firehand.jpg (138KB, 752x1063px) Image search: [Google]
firehand.jpg
138KB, 752x1063px
>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove, contains all official 5e stuff:
https://mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ

>Pastebin with homebrew list, resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck (embed)

>/tg/ Character Sheet
https://mega.nz/#F!x0UkRDQK!l-iAUnE46Aabih71s-10DQ

Previous: >>46823065

How do you druid /5eg/?
>>
>>46838973
How do I Druid, you say?

Flame Blade.
>>
>>46838973
My druids remember to put 5eg in the OP title
>>
>>46838961
>except if your dm believes it's an exploitation of RAW
As a DM I honestly redid proficiencies for classes and put warlock in the same tier as rogues, so they have full prof in Simple and Finesse weapons by virtue of class. I might give them back longsword.
>>
>>
>>46839029
I would disagree with that, the bladelock gaining proficiencies is one of the few edges it has on the tome
>>
Are the Unearthed Arcana Subclasses for the Ranger worth it?
Really wanted to play one for a long time, but everything just really sounds bad and i think a Fighter with Archery is way more effective.
>>
>>46839089
>>46838975
>Medium Armor Mastery

Why is +1 AC worth a feat?
>>
>>46838973
1-be land druid
2-turn into spider
3-climb to unreachable location
4-turn back
5-unleash the vengeance of the elements
>>
>>46839141
Because of the low cap on statistics, any bonus at all makes a pretty significant difference.

In the absolute worst-case scenario (enemy can hit you on a 2), +1 AC means 5% fewer hits taken. In the best-case scenario (enemy needs a 19 to hit you), it means 50% fewer hits taken.
>>
>>46839141
Don't listen to this memester. MaM is garbage. Don't touch it. You're better off taking Heavily Armoured if you've got feats to spare or just pumping stats.
>>
>>46839141
No stealth disadvantage with half plate makes it effectively +2 ac to sneaky people that want to wear it anon

For GOO bladelocks not so much, I would recommend just getting more ASIs
>>
Would you allow a beggar paladin ?

A robin hood type of paladin who protects and helps the weak and poor, who disregards personal wealth and shares everything he has, who rights an injustice against the poor by the rich and powerful. Helping out hamlets that cant pay mercenaries ?
>>
>>46839211
In my experience it really doesn't, +1 AC for something as scarce as a feat is not worth it, I once have a character use a shield and literally the +2 was meaningnless in the long run.
>>
Would you guys help me brainstorm?

I've got this idea for a character who, mechanically, will be a Rogue-Thief who uses Fast Hands and the Healer feat to be a faux-healer. However, I think it's a half-concept. I want to multiclass into something, but I'm not sure what. No class with healing spells (at least not early healing spells), so that limits my options quite a bit. Though, now that I'm typing this, I suppose I could MC into a class with healing spells and simply not take the healing spells. I hadn't thought of that before.
>>
>>46839416
Walrock's huckster roguish archetype
>>
>>46839119
I mean they still get pact weapon but true, this might be excessive. Maybe just give bladelock proficiency in shields and medium armor like Bard (along with some of the weapon profs).
>>
>>46839385
Math says you're wrong.

A typical level 1 medium armor user has an AC of 16 or so. A typical level 1 monster has an attack of something like +4.

This monster, then, needs a 12+ to hit you, so it will land 9 out of every 20 attacks. If your armor was higher by one, it would land 8 out of every 20 attacks - an 11% drop in damage output.

You might not see this in the short run, but in the long run it absolutely makes a difference.
>>
So I'm looking for a bit of advice concerning how to make a my fighter more interesting to play because I feel like I have no reason to be in the party at this point

> 2 Bards and a Rogue mean skills are all handled
> Cleric takes over healing duties
> Monk has 30 strength so I might as well not bother
> Barbarian took the whole "Leader of Men" Shtick
> Only really one encounter a session

So what can I do besides just leave? I know it's the usual option but this is the only group on the campus and I would rather play with friends than strangers online or gamble at the LGS
>>
>>46839467

I'm not really sure what all that means, but I was sort of looking at the Undying patron for the Warlock. I just don't think the Rogue and the Warlock have much to offer each other, but I'd be glad to be proven wrong. Yes yes, I know, Darkness-Devil Sight tricks.
>>
>>46839360
Seems regular to me.
>>
>>46839497
>Monk has 30 strength so I might as well not bother
Whoa, hey, what the actual fuck? Are you in the right general?
>>
>>46839497
>30 strength
wat

Also, play a battlemaster and help enable them. Everyone loves a supporter.
>>
>>46839497
>Monk has 30 STR
What the FUCK?
>>
>>46838973

Tank druid or gtfo.
>>
>>46839529
>>
File: 1460931319137.jpg (23KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1460931319137.jpg
23KB, 500x375px
>>46839497
>Monk has 30 strength
>>
>>46839497

>30 Str Monk

Unless the Bards and Rogue have it covered, you might think of providing backline damage. An archer Fighter could be something you could use. As someone said earlier, go Battlemaster and provide a bit of control as well. Your Rogue will appreciate Commander's Strike.

>>46839584

Ah no, I can't multiclass a Rogue into another Rogue. I'm not keen on using homebrew stuff anyway.
>>
>>46839584
are there other archetypes by that author ?
>>
>>46839497
You realize PCs aren't alowed above 20 in any stat, right? How would your DM allow this?
>>
>>46839562
>>46839560
>>46839556
>>46839616

He got a hold of the Ogre Gloves, Giants Belt, and Hammer of Thunderbolts Combo.

GM also ruled that since he had a Storm Giant Belt the extra 4 strength he got 30 strength
>>
>>46839629
Yeah, look up walrock homebrew
>>
>>46839641
That's not how those work!!!!!
>>
>>46839641
Looks like you have a case of That DM going on, my friend
>>
>>46839641

What the fuck? Why is the MONK getting all the Str items? Fuck that group, that shit's retarded.
>>
>>46839641
Fucking abandon ship. Your DM has no idea what he's doing.

None of those fucking items stack.
>>
>>46839641
Oh, so impossible for the rest of the world, ok.
>>
>>46839128
>not going halfling beast master ranger

Do you hate flying mounts or something?
>>
>>46839641
Unless I'm remembering really really badly, none of these items give a bonus, but instead set your strength to a particular value. So the DM's ruling is neither RAW nor RAI, and gamebreaking at that.

>>46839637
It's allowed with magic items, but this case is still wrong.
>>
>>46839641
Even if that was how it worked, why would his faggot ass be hogging all the magic items? What a dick
>>
>>46839629
This one is OP as fuck but with a bit of toning down it could be lulzy

>mfw magical girl paladin
>>
File: Death Knight.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Death Knight.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Redid the death knight class I made, with less weird ability DCs (now it follows the caster spell DC, being 8 + prof bonus + Cha modifier). Also altered a few abilities. Hope it's OK now so I can move on to doing something more interesting.
>>
>>46839779
This is also fucking retarded. It's the powers of a hentai superhero.
>>
>>46839641
What is this weeabo shit?
>>
>>46839779
Devotion and Ancients already work as is to play a magical girl. Warlock of a good patron, too.
>>
>>46839783
Honestly this sounds like it would be better as a PRC. Since they've been raised from the dead, do they count as Undead? Can they die of old age? Do they need to eat or sleep?
>>
>>46839735
I will vouch for and say hes not hogging them. He just has the best ones. Plus the GM lets him use all that and a bag of devouring to instagib enemies
>>
>>46839891
Man, your GM.

Just whatever.
>>
>>46839891
Wow, your GM is fucking trash

abandon group
>>
>>46839819
>>46839845
Idk man I played a paladin of lastai in 4e and it was awesome
>>
>>46839710
Even if they don't, Monk is still going to have 29 Strength.

Bit bizarre though. Why the hell is the Monk carrying the hammer?
>>
>>46839952
One of my favorite characters was a Paladin of Sune back in 3e. I know how it feels to be a champion of love.

But those powers? Fucking blegh.
>>
>>46839862
Probably. Haven't got any experience on 5th edition prestige classes, though, or seen people make any, and from why I heard the system isn't that great. And desu I can't be arsed to rewrite the whole thing from scratch, since I only did it because somebody mentioned wanting to play a character based on the Warcraft DKs, and I though that might be fun to try and make (I do like Warcraft as a setting, or at least did before they managed to fuck up everything with multiple badly written expansions. Might try homebrewing rules for some of the races since that should be pretty quick).

Considering the revenant from UA doesn't count as undead (and neither does the DK class in the game doesn't either, both probably for balance reasons), I don't consider not actually being undead a huge problem. For what's it worth, the 20th level ability does make you undead.
>>
>>46840093
Okay look. This is the most important bit. What word is desu filtering now? Or is everyone really typing desu again 24/7?

But yeah, PRCs are widely looked down upon because they really don't work in 5e. The only "official" example we have is the Rune Mage, which could just have easily been an Archetype. That being said, PRCs need to have their own niche and special mechanics that make them completely unique.

I like the Rune Power stuff though.
>>
>>46840093

There was a prestige class UA a while back. Go look at it. It was poorly received, but I dunno. I'm not completely opposed to the concept of prestige classes, but I think they should be extremely limited in number and only work with existing classes.
>>
File: 1385142353333.gif (494KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1385142353333.gif
494KB, 500x374px
In case anyone is curious you aren't in regards to the discussion a few days ago about the interaction between the Great Weapon fighting style and the Savage Attacker feat, here is Jeremy Crawford's response:
If you use Savage Attacker with Great Weapon Fighting, the latter lets you reroll 1s and 2s in both rolls.
>>
>>46840154
>What word is desu filtering now
Shortening of "to be honest". It's annoying as hell, since it's such a common shortening. Typing the first letter in caps seems to get around the filter, though.
>>
>>46840216

>Common

It's only common among people with sub-90 IQs.
>>
>>46840216
Really. That's it?

It's not faggot, kike, cunt, nigger, chink, or anything even remotely mean? I'm more pissed off at seeing desu all over the place.
>>
>>46840238
No its not.
>>
>>46840297

>Nuh-uh

Fuck off and stop typing (and probably speaking) like God damn ghetto trash.
>>
>>46840317
>Yah-huh
>>
File: 1358049072991.gif (956KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1358049072991.gif
956KB, 500x281px
>>46840317
>>46840297
>>46840280
>>46840238
>>46840216
>>46840356
>>
>>46840238
desu senpai dont be so mad
>>
Has any math nerd found that over time, with Sharpshooter Feat, it's always better to take the -5 To Hit for the extra damage? (before factoring other bonuses like DEX mod or advantage)
>>
>>46840543
Sharpshooter and Great Weapon Master are widely regarded as the best feats for exactly that reason.
>>
>>46840543
Of course, if you know an enemy is difficult to hit, you'd be better off not taking the -5 to hit.

But oftentimes, hitting isn't too big of an issue. The extra damage is absurdly huge.
>>
Tbh senpai
>>
Tbh

Tbh
>>
File: 1461350634104.png (305KB, 549x806px) Image search: [Google]
1461350634104.png
305KB, 549x806px
5e's dick is huge.
>>
>>46839416
Obtain proficiency with any/all of the following: alchemists tools, herbalism kit, tinkers tools, poisoners kit, all in order from most to least important to have.

You know what you can do with this? You basically go full out, making your character into a genius scientist/alchemist/whateverthefuckyouwanttocallit. You can be a non-magical wizard, effectively. Need to do damage? Alchemist fire combined with oil for AoE, or acid for single targets. Need to move something really heavy? Set up a system of block and tackles, multiplying whatever you carry weight is by 4 for each block. With two you can lift 16 times, with three 64 times, and so on. Hunting traps, caltrops and ball bearings makes for some good crowd control, along with your burning oil traps. Portable rams and crowbars have their obvious usefulness, along with locks and manacles, and that magnifying glass is multipurpose. Obviously, along with the fact that you can do all this during your bonus action, this is pretty fun way to play the game.

But why stop there?

Alchemy jug? More like infinite source of acid, poison, or maybe some mayonnaise. A decanter of endless water with a custom nozzle to increase the water pressure might be useful combined with the geyser option. You can ignore magic item restrictions, so go and make yourself that golem you've always wanted. Maybe that apparatus of kwalish or that folding boat isn't actually magical, and who knows what you could do if you figure out how it works. Your party fighter might rather use that potion of storm giant strength or sovereign glue, but wouldn't it be more useful if you could find out how to make more of it? You've got ten fingers and ten toes, thats a lot of room for rings, especially since you can fit multiple on some fingers. Those robes of the archmagi look comfy, I should try it on. The possibilities are endless.

Why settle for a simple healing thief, when you can be so much more?
>>
Last night, I had the best rolls of the campaign so far.

>fight with a pack of wolves
>critted one, intimated then others
>fight with a large brown bear and I critted and killed it in one attack.
>Nat 20 on STR check when an underwater creature tried to pull my character underneath.
>character pulls it out instead and bites its skull, killing the creature.
>every saving throw I survived with no trouble
>ending up cleaving through 10 Goblins in shorts rounds because my GM allowed the cleave optional rule for minions.

Holy shit. I'm not gonna have that much luck again.
>>
>>46839779
>Mordenkainen's private sanctum

Lewd
>>
>>46839783
I like it and will probably try to get my DM to let me play it sometime

One ability I liked from WoW was the Blood Boil ability that let you make a little surge of damage from creatures you diseased, so I might consider adding something like this to Scourge Strike under the Unholy specialization:

>Additionally, as an action, you can expend 1 runic power to force all hostile targets within a 10ft radius of you who have been poisoned by Scourge Strike or the Unholy Blight feature to take 1d6 necrotic damage, as Unholy energy radiates from you and sends their infection into a fever pitch.

Thoughts?
>>
Any interesting Druid homebrews/archetypes ?

Judging by the list near the OP , there's nothing official for them
>>
>>46841004

My DMs don't normally let the table get too crazy with the crafting, but flinging around caltrops and ball bearings is a given. Not sure how many hunting traps I'll be able to keep with me. As for magic items, definitely won't be getting a lot of those.
>>
>>46841012
Intimidated*

And my character found a +1 magic weapon.
>>
>>46840162
I personally thought the idea was okay; the Rune Scribe was just a complete fucking shitshow.
>>
>>46841068
You shouldn't be getting a lot of magic items, and you should be worried if you are. The table in the DMG shows starting equipment by level, based off of how prevalent magic is in your world, so assuming it's standard magic level, you really shouldn't have more than 1 per person by tenth level, and nothing more than uncommon in rarity. Those were just examples of how you can be inventive, hell I'm pretty sure I mostly listed more common wondrous items, because chances are you never get rare stuff is shit, despite how often it gets talked about. Even if you only ever get one or two items for your character over 20 levels, you have to realize that you can be inventive with everything. Think about how you can use this, in ways no one else does. With 5e in general, that starting gear is usually what you end up using, so gold is mostly just sitting there. You don't even need to craft things, especially if your DM is adamant you have to follow the horrible item creation system in 5e, and can just buy a horse and cart, and load it up with tons of items and supplies for ample shenanigans. Play smart. You're a rogue, you need to be crafty. That's the intended use of fast hands. Play that versatility to your advantage, and be creative with what you can get your hands on, regardless of whether or not you even get any magic items.
>>
>>46840906
>star wars on 3.43%

Roll20 sure is plebe. I'm happy that 5e is doing well because it's great. But so are the new FFG star wars games.I guess part of its failure on roll20 is the difficulty of implementing the special dice.
>>
>>46841409

I've seen this type of posting before...

Anyway, I think you're making a lot of (really incorrect) assumptions about my games and my DMs.
>>
>>46841561
Know one knows who your DM is, or who you are, or what your games are like.

The most anyone can do is guess, and hope that their advice is relevant to how their games are run.
>>
>>46839954
It's impossible to have in game.
You're limited to 24 ST Max, and not until level 20.
>>
File: 1461299989273.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1461299989273.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Hey if you guys are looking into options for crafting and such then there's this thing I've been working on
>>
>>46841640

It's not impossible at all, anon, what the hell are you talking about? The various Belts of Giant Strength set your score anywhere from 21-29, depending on the belt.

Also for most characters the limit is 20, getting up to 24 Str/Con is the Barbarian capstone.
>>
>give every class thematic maneuver type abilities ans superiority die progression (casters get less and less useful maneuvers)
>double battlemaster's superiority die progression and let them pick from any classes maneuver table.

ye/ne?
>>
>>46841796
Nah
>>
>>46841842
well how would you fix martials then?
>>
>>46841875
play a no magic campaign
>>
>>46841875
martials are honestly fine
>>
Thinking of rolling up a Halfling Beastmaster Ranger who has a Giant Owl animal companion.

>60 flyspeed and flyby (no opportunity attacks essentially)
Great for hit and run
>fly 30 feet in, attack with the ranger, attack with the owl, fly 30 feet away
or
>fly 60 feet in, attack with the ranger, bonus action command the owl to dash, fly 60 feet away

>understands common, elvish, sylvan
>speaks Giant Owl (a full language) which a player character can feasibly have fluency
>8 Intelligence
Would this make a difference at all? I would hope so: could give it more complex tasks (read pic related: "The best obeys your commands as best it can." It having high int and being able to understand the entire party and speak in Giant Owl to the Ranger would mean it can be given more complex tasks, no?)

I'm thinking dual-wield shortswords for 3 attacks a turn (standard, extra, and two-weapon-fighting bonus attack) and an attack from the Owl as well?

Now, reading through the relevant section of the Ranger Class Features, I'm not sure if this is actually how it works.
>"Once you have the Extra Attack feature, you can make one weapon attack yourself when you command the beast to take the attack action."

Does this mean that you use your action to command and get to attack as a bonus to the command action but don't get to use extra attack, or does it mean that you command for free and get to do attack and extra attack?
>>
>>46841875
>>46841796
It's fine as it is. Most of the Battlemaster's abilities are things that can already be done, just with an attack action and a damage buff tacked on. The problem is that the book doesn't nail into the reader's head that, SHOCKINGLY, they are allowed to be creative with their turn. It's heavily implied, but it's never outright stated.

Your issue is obviously with creativity, I assume, because the class balance in this addition is fine. It's not perfect, but the only people in a tight spot are Beastmasters and Wot4E Monks.
>>
>>46841875
Dont fix what aint broke
>>
>>46842019

Keep in mind that, although the owl has Flyby, you do not. So if you are riding it and it does a flyby, the enemy still gets an op attack on you.

>>46841875

Martials are fine, though the Ranger could use a little help.
>>
>>46842026
Everytime martial vs mage comes up, someone posts this argument: Martials just have to be creative!

It's bullshit, and you should know better.

Everything a martial can do that involves creativity with their turn, a mage can do as well. But mages have a whole new area of creativity that's off limits to martials: spells (and in the case of half martials, high level spells).

If we look at it like a venn diagram, of things mages can do, and things martials can do, the mage circle completely swallows up the martial circle. That's not class balance.
>>
>>46841796
the playtest was heading in that direction at one point. you might find this interesting or useful if you want to homebrew something.
>>
>>46842083
>strong guy with sword
>can do less than someone who can literally use magic

color me surprised
>>
>>46842017
Except for Rangers and sligthly less Monks. Specially for Beastmasters and Wot4e Monks.
>>
File: 1458456932403.jpg (86KB, 421x960px) Image search: [Google]
1458456932403.jpg
86KB, 421x960px
Heya, player of a BM fighter here.
Having a bit of a problem with my GM's travelling rules... It's summer in-game (not!Southern-Italy) and my heavy armour is apparently too hot wear while riding the "shotgun" on a coach. What else could my dex 8, great weapon wielding dude do to protect himself whilst on the trail?
>>
>>46842235
Well yeah, Rangers are trash

but Fighters are fine, don't need to be buffed
>>
>>46842248
got anything lighter on you? mail for travelling and then don the plate when you know you need to fight
>>
File: dndclassbalance.png (44KB, 1564x1462px) Image search: [Google]
dndclassbalance.png
44KB, 1564x1462px
>>46842110
Interesting. thanks anon.

>>46842134
It doesn't have to be that way, from either a mechanics or a lore standpoint.

Star Wars FFG has a pretty good balance system: learning and enhancing spells/force powers uses the same resource that is used to increase skills. So Jedi, while they have very good force powers that can be used in a wide variety of situations, are not as useful in other situations, such as slicing a computer, or piloting a ship.
>>
>>46842075
>Keep in mind that, although the owl has Flyby, you do not. So if you are riding it and it does a flyby, the enemy still gets an op attack on you.
The Owl would be moving me without using my movement, action, or reaction. No attacks of opportunity as per pic related (PHB pg 195).
>>
>>46840906
>Less than 2 players/game

Heh.
>>
>>46842248
I mean, your DM is just being a dick so he can have an easier time hitting you. It's never "too hot" to wear armor. The only rule is that if it's above 100 degrees farenheit and you don't have access to water, you make a Con save at the end of each hour. That's it.

But you could always ask the dickhead if any of the other armor is "too hot" to travel in. And when he tells you leather armor is fine you can scoff and know he really is just fed up with your high AC and wants to play dirty to hit you like the bitch he is.
>>
>>46841782
Technically the capstone is 30.

Read pages 227-232 in the DMG. Blessings, Charms, and Epic Boons make high level campaigns much more rewarding.

Also...
>+20 on ranged attack rolls
>+10 on stealth checks
>+40 maximum hit points
>+30 speed
>+60 feet truesight
>+1 9th level spell slot
>>
>>46842325

Hm...seems like it's legit, but I'm not sure.

Can any other Anons chime in on this?
>>
>>46842326
Players are people who have put the game in their profile as one of their preferred systems, games are actual Roll20 campaigns that have the game listed as the system they're playing.
>>
>>46842248
your DM is trying to nerf you, call him on his shit
>>
>>46842326
Or maybe players play in multiple games?...

>>46842353
I believe that when riding a mount you need to use your own move to get it to move. Don't quote me, though.
>>
>>46841796
In-combat performance isn't where 5e's martial/spellcaster imbalance lies. There are some arguments to be made about emphasis on just taking the Attack action being a bit lame, but the amount of damage they put out is fine across the board or supplemented with control features.

The problem most people bitch about is casters doing a ton of shit out of combat that martials can't get close to doing: being able to detect magic, understand any language, fly, become invisible, climb without fail, divine the future, teleport long distances, and so on.

So, giving superiority dice and maneuvers to everyone solves nothing, at least in reference to martial/caster disparity.
>>
>>46842313
>Star Wars FFG has a pretty good balance system: learning and enhancing spells/force powers uses the same resource that is used to increase skills. So Jedi, while they have very good force powers that can be used in a wide variety of situations, are not as useful in other situations, such as slicing a computer, or piloting a ship.

D&D is a class system so they can't do that. the class system tends to put major limitations on martials, who are stuck in their limited little niches, while casters are free to pick and choose their features (in the form of spells) anyway. but given that is a core feature of D&D the designers have done a decent job regardless.
>>
File: mountedcombat.gif (414KB, 996x998px) Image search: [Google]
mountedcombat.gif
414KB, 996x998px
>>46842353
Basically, the rules for mounted combat mean you only provoke an opportunity attack if your mount would.
>>
>>46842384
No. The mount's movement is the mounts. Your movement is used to mount/dismount and move yourself.
>>
>>46842406
If you give the maneuvers out of combat utility, it still works.
>>
>>46842456
>>46842433
>>46842384
>>46842353
>>46842325
Pic related; it implies that your movement is separate from the mounts movement. Furthermore, as in pic related>>46842019 , telling the beast where to move costs neither action, bonus action, reaction, nor movement.
>>
>>46842518
Right, but remember, if your mount provokes an opportunity attack, they can use it to attack you.
>>
>>46842544
The entire point of this conversation is OWLS DO NOT PROVOKE OPPORTUNITY ATTACK.
>>
>>46842248
If the game is simulationist about travel survival, yeah you're not supposed to ride on a long march in heavy armor
>>
>>46842248
If your DM is imposing rule 0 on you here, I have a solution that works completely by RAW and lets you wear your armor.

A party member or traveling companion must have prestidigitation; you can take it with the magic initiate feat if noone else has it.

Pic related: "You chill ... up to 1 cubic foot of non-living material for 1 hour"
It's a cantrip so it can be cast as many times per day as necessary. And your armor's total volume is less than 1 cubic foot. even if he argues it isn't, you can cast it thrice to cover most of the armor.
>>
>>46842300
Yeah I've just been wearing a hauberk without the the leg or arm protection, but that -1 to AC really stings. Thanks for the advice.

>>46842327
>>46842364

He has a soft-spot for the realistic, but I do think he's sometimes going a bit too far with it. I can understand if I,can't march in the desert in full gear, but this is literally just sitting on a wagon!.. I don't know, maybe I'll protest then. Thanks!
>>
File: brasebrall.jpg (91KB, 673x432px) Image search: [Google]
brasebrall.jpg
91KB, 673x432px
>>46842134
>skinny nerd with some parlor tricks
>can do more than a trained warrior who kills horrifying monsters in melee on a daily basis
>>
File: CANTWAKEUP.gif (62KB, 185x168px) Image search: [Google]
CANTWAKEUP.gif
62KB, 185x168px
>>46842338
>that entire section
>>
>>46842644
Seriously? I solved your problem 8 minutes ago and you ignored my post? Please respond... I need the (You)....
>>
>>46842686
Here's a (You) you pathetic faggot

now run along
>>
>>46842606
That's ingenious! Thank you, I'm going to suggest this to my group's mages the next time we play.

Here, a picture as a token of my gratitude
>>
I was told that one of the campaign books added boomerangs.

Is this true? Any fun way to do a boomeranging character?
>>
>>46842870
If you mean bouncing off of things and having them return, no, unless you get the Dwarven Thrower, which is a Legendary tier magic hammer.

If you mean using a tribal throwing club/knife, sure. The best way to do it would probably be monk with handaxes.
>>
File: StormBoomerang.jpg (102KB, 531x391px) Image search: [Google]
StormBoomerang.jpg
102KB, 531x391px
>>46842870

Here ya go lad, but just for fun, I'm gonna make you guess which book it's in.
>>
File: 1349479787775.jpg (52KB, 448x419px) Image search: [Google]
1349479787775.jpg
52KB, 448x419px
>>46842957
>boomerang
>same proficiency as javelin
>not handaxe

Are WoTC a group of fucking retarded monkeys or something?
>>
>>46842248
Some people don't understand or appreciate what weapon or armor proficiency entails.Your character trained to properly wear that armor, learned how to move and fight in it to the point where the only thing he can't do is keep it from jangling when he moves. The only reason your character should be significantly affected by the weather is if it's extreme enough to affect everyone regardless of what they're wearing.
>>
>>46842575
>>46842544
>>46842518
>>46842456
>>46842433
>>46842384
>>46842353
>>46842325
>>46842019
Fuck, never mind. Giant Owl is a large creature. Build doesn't work, beastmaster confirmed for shit.

Are there any flying animals CR1/4 or lower and size medium that have the fly-by ability?
>>
>>46843081
How about you stop trying to munchkin and play like a normal fucking person?
>>
>>46842957
>Etched with the symbol of elemental air
>1 hour inside an elemental air node
>Only 2 splatbooks added actual content

Gee, I'm not sure I could tackle such a difficult mystery.

>>46843080
From a realistic point of view, no. Real knights wouldn't travel in armor since it weighs a fucktonne and impedes movement (you can't train away joint limitations).

From a D&D point of view, fuck that noise. D&D is not real life.
>>
>>46843110
Wow, what a pathetic No Fun Allowed post. Get fucked, shitposter.

Maybe I can just build a mounted rogue with a Giant Owl.
>>
>>46843137

I never said it was a hard guess, but I wanted to feel like a bit of a jerk.
>>
>>46843174
You are obviously trying to get retarded advantages right out the gate. If your character concept hinges so fucking much on being a flying cuntnugget you should have to work for it; expect a flying mount at lv10+, no earlier.
>>
>>46843244
The thing is, you can never have a flying mount as a Beastmaster. Your companion can never be higher than a CR 1/4 Beast.
>>
File: mmp81.png (301KB, 362x383px) Image search: [Google]
mmp81.png
301KB, 362x383px
>>46843278
How about you read the books before saying such things.
>>
>>46843304
Hey, that thing's not on my Druid transform list. Nice find, I'll add it in.
>>
>>46843354
>Implying you've seen a dinosaur before.
>>
>>46843379
Apparently I have. My DM didn't want to deal with it and told me that I can ignore that caveat.
>>
>>46843379

>not playing as a druid paleontologist

Do you even druid, bro?
>>
>>46843081
Go with the medium spider for your companion. It's a fun guy.
>>
>>46842957
Correct me if I'm wrong, but, since a boomerang is a wooden weapon, and technically a flying club, doesn't that mean that it would make sense that you could cast shillelagh on it?
>>
>>46843446
Maybe. But Shillelagh ends when you let go of the weapon.
>>
>>46843379
>not taking a summer vacation in Chult to see the dinos
>>
>>46843446

Maybe a normal boomerang, but the picture I posted says that it is made from Griffon bone, so no. Also this: >>46843457
>>
>>46843457
Attach a really long string to the boomerang, which is light enough not to effect the flightpath, and long enough to be able to reach a half-decent range

You're still holding it, and once it hits, since it doesn't return, you just pull the string.
>>
>>46843508
If you can find a string long and light enough to not effect the flightpath of something like a boomerang (assuming it's a normal wooden boomerang that we've statted up and agreed on, and also assuming I have expanded the use of Shillelagh from "club or quarterstaff" to "any all wooden weapon"), I would allow it.
>>
>>46843508
Friend
A boomerang SPINS
The string would get tangled in approximately 0.2 seconds.
>>
>>46843422
Yeah, I was in the 5eg a few weeks ago convincing a halfing ranger player to take the giant wolfspider as companion. It's pretty great too.

>>46843304
Thanks, I just found this as well, showed it to the DM, but he says it might be too OP.

Also I'm reconsidering ranger beastmaster because
>quickened fireball
>16d6 damage

At level 10, the beast's health is fucking 40. Just rolled 16d6 30 times on roll20 and got ONE roll less than 40 (39). Animal companion only gets saving throws by RAI. And fireball doesn't even need a roll to hit. Literally just need to encounter a single hostile sorcerer or wizard and its dead forever, fucking lol.
>>
>>46843559
Small cone (full cone, not half cone; full cone is l><l whereas halfcone is l> ) hourglass-shaped stud affixed to boomerang. Tie a loop around the middle of the cone and the boomerang is free to spin without spinning the string.
>>
>>46843587
>quickened fireball
>16d6 damage
If a creature casts a spell as a bonus action, the only other spell you can cast that turn is a cantrip with a casting time of 1 action.
>>
>>46843653
I don't understand what you're saying here. I haven't ever played a character that is capable of casting fireball or doing quickening so I'm not familiar with the rules for that.
>>
What's the best type of class to play someone who is unnaturally, perhaps supernaturally persuasive?

I'm talking, Joker in TDK kind of persuasion.
>>
>>46843558
>>46843559
I'd say you can use a boomerang normally, but its damage would only be increased to a 1d6 instead of 1d8, but otherwise would function the same, you'd use wisdom and you'd have the 60/120 range and all that.
>>
Would it be munchkinning trying to pass a spear as a druidic focus, because it has twigs of mistletoe tied around it ?

Would you allow it ?
>>
File: bonus action spells.png (110KB, 273x160px) Image search: [Google]
bonus action spells.png
110KB, 273x160px
>>46843697
You can't use Quickened Metamagic to cast two fireballs in a turn.

You could use Action Surge to cast two fireballs if you dipped two levels in fighter, though.
>>
>>46843648
That would only work if the spinning was along the same plane the entire path. Boomerangs curve in-flight, they change their angles, they rise and fall. I don't think it would work.

Besides, the string wouldn't unravel without tension, which will DEFINITELY fuck with the boomerang's flight path.

>>46843726
I think it's fine. If a cleric can use a shield as a divine focus, I don't think this is all that bad.
>>
>>46843726
Only if you didn't clear it with your DM.

Keep in mind, Druidic Focuses are a thing listed in the PHB. Holy Symbols are listed as being specifically able to be etched onto a shield. Druidic Focus mentions "a staff drawn whole out of a living tree", so I would say that, by RAW, that refers to a Staff such as the one listed under Arcane Focus, which is not a Quarterstaff, which would therefore be an improvised weapon.

I would allow it, though.
>>
>>46843379
That's not a rule and you know it.
>>
>invited to Underdark campaign
>happy because I wanted to play a Great Old One Warlock, and my Thought Shield ability might actually come up
>come across Underdark Campaign book while looking through material
>friend confirms it's the campaign
>only two Illithids in the entire thing
>no other psychic enemies as far as I can tell

This just reinforces how uselessly niche the ability is.
>>
>>46843708
bard
>>
>>46843865
Druids specifically can only transform into beasts they have seen.

>>46843871
>I found out what module my DM is running
>So I read it!
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>46843415
That sounds like a really cool way to do a druid villain.

Druid wants to bring dinosaurs back from extinction, with the goal of awakening this army of dinosaurs, teaching them all to be druids, and then turning himself into a Tarrasque, as a "King of the Dinosaurs", before going on a conquest to bring back the age of the dinosaurs.
>>
>>46843865
It is. Read the Wild Shape entry.
>>
>>46843883
I didn't read it. I just googled it along with the word Illithid and found a thread with a person complaining that it only had two of them.
>>
>>46843890
I find myself never using wild shape in combat, as the beasts I've met (or can convince my gm I met) are most times pretty weak/bad that I'm better of poking shit with a spear if I cant cast something useful.

That said I use my wild shape mostly transforming into animals like cats/dogs/lizards to investitage and RP shit.

>I shapeshift into a cat and climb up the tree
>roll an acrobatics check
>wat
>I'm a fucking cat
>yeah still roll an acrobatics check
>I'm a fucking cat dude
>As I get the feeling that is the menacing tree of doom that has killed countless of cats I retransform into a humming bird and fly up into the treebranches
>>
>>46843987

Your Druid hasn't seen a bear before?
>>
>>46843987

Also, you were level 8 when you transformed into a bird with flying, right?
>>
>>46843987
If you're not a Moon Druid, that's the main reason to use Wild Shape. You won't be using it for combat ever as a Land Druid unless you have literally 0 options left aside from Shaping into a Badger or something and hoping the dice are lucky.
>>
>>46843987
Dude cats have a climb speed. Try telling him that instead of "Dude lmao im a fucking cat so ebbin xD". Communicate like a human fucking being.
>>
>>46839385
Having played in a group where two PCs took +1 AC fighting styles, wore full plate and shields, and sold or gave up the rest of the party's shit just to acquire a +1 ring and cloak (two different occasions), I can safely say that we would have been fucking boned hardcore multiple times over if we didn't have those manly meat tanks dodging the blows of 12 fucking hobgoblins at once and other silly shit.

We played smart, our DM is just an asshole.
>>
If I want to play a psionics character would I better off using the unearthed arcana for mystics or did someone homebrew a psionic class that goes up to level 20 that's better?
>>
>>46843726
I don't particularly care how some foci are easier to work around than others so I'd pass just about any creative/bullshit excuse a player hands me.
>>
>>46844062

At low levels, my land druid used Wild Shape to get a burst of HP. Sometimes being able to absorb an extra attack or two is a lifesaver.
>>
>>46844082
>being able to buy magic items
well theres your problem
>>
>>46844104
I don't see the point. You pop that as your action, foregoing a casting of a spell or a normal attack so you can tank a single hit (or maybe two, depending)?
>>
>>46844096
the second UA one that goes to 11 is pretty good desu, I would allow it
>>
File: WeAreNotTakingTheWizard.jpg (150KB, 1224x814px) Image search: [Google]
WeAreNotTakingTheWizard.jpg
150KB, 1224x814px
>>46842406

The problem is more severe in theory than in practice. In theory, yes, a caster can do anything a martial character can, and more.

But in practice, it just hasn't been a problem in my game. For one thing, the casters can't do all that stuff at the same time. They can only know/prepare a certain number of spells. So I've got a cleric who loves to fight and mostly prepares attacks and defenses and such, and a druid who loves to think tactically and solve problems and mostly preps utility spells.

Now the druid is arguably more powerful than the other characters, because he's clever and he has a shitload of tools. But he works well in the party. He summons giant spiders, the party rides up the wall on them. He casts water walking and control water and floods the battlefield. He has a huge effect on combat, but he does the least damage, and no one feels left out.

He handles some of the non-combat puzzles too, but less than the rogue. And he's got NO charisma skills; any non-combat encounter, he takes a back seat.

Are full casters overpowered? Yeah, a little bit. But I haven't seen it cause any problems during play.
>>
>>46843947
In hindsight, that claim sounds ridiculous, so here's the actual thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DnDBehindTheScreen/comments/3kuyya/out_of_the_abyss_needs_more_mind_flayers_spoilers/

No, I didn't search Reddit for it. It was just the first result.
>>
>>46842083
I'm the guy you originally replied to. I play martials exclusively because they're what I enjoy. Like I said, there's still an imbalance and it's not perfect in every way, but it's totally fine.

The issue with the suggest superiority die thing is that it accomplishes nothing that's not already in the game, besides making Battlemaster's niche smaller and shittier (not that Battlemaster isn't the best Fighter archetype).

Every class has a hole it fills. And if your argument is that casters step into the holes of martials, you wouldn't be 100% wrong. However, I'll use the example of Rogues versus utility spells. Rogues by far get the most use out of skills. Their skills are stronger and more numerous. There are a lot of utility spells that can "replace" a Rogue's skill checks, but they're limited and often inferior, or come with a downside or limitation. A Wizard can technically replace a Rogue, but they won't be doing as good of a job, which is the essence of a Jack-of-All-Trades class.

In a game where you might get a varied, eclectic party, that's kind of necessary. You can't count on having every role filled, so there needs to be some overlap. However, nobody will ever out-magic a Wizard, or out-heal a healing Cleric, or out-fight a Fighter. People will come class or compare, but not quite.

That said
>>46842134
This guy is a fucking idiot. I HATE this argument.

>We don't have to limit magic or make it make sense within the bounds of our setting or rules because IT'S MAGIC LOL

Fucking stupid.

Levels represent power. A level 20 Fighter SHOULD be of equal power and ability as a Level 20 Wizard. If a level 20 Wizard blows up an army, for example, the Fighter should be able to cleave through that army without much difficulty. That's what the levels represent. They equate the power of the character. And it's a stupid fucking argument anyways.
>>
>>46844118

Yeah. What's attacking gonna do? I deal 1d8+3 damage then I die. Whereas if I transform, I can waste the enemy's action for 1-2 turns, or 2-4 turns if I use both transformations. It's a desperation move, and as far as desperation moves go, living for another few turns beats 1d8+3 damage.
>>
>>46844117
The cloak was a choose-your-own-quest-reward sort of thing, but rather than take what the baron offered, we asked for his head knight's cape instead. We gave up control of a keep we'd appropriated and threw some other minor magical trinkets from other party members at the Knight to mollify him.

The ring was bought outright, but was given a ridiculous price and meant to be unattainable. We liquidated a lot of stuff and wheeled and dealed and bankrupted two trading companies to accomplish that. Far more difficult than simply stealing the ring, but hey, there's nothing Evil about ruining the livelihoods of a hundred merchants.
>>
>>46844181
Not if that 1d8+3 damage results in a kill, or the spell you cast keeps an ally alive or causes problems for your enemies. Sure, it's good for /you/ maybe, but you're not considering the rest of your party. If all you can do at this point is Wild Shape and let the enemy attack you, the party has either fallen, or you've gotten yourself into a terrible position via bad play.
>>
>>46844225

No, we're not doing this. We're not operating under the assumption that 1d8+3 would kill the two or more enemies that brought you into a desperation situation. For the record, my move at the time was to Healing Word myself, then transform to stay alive. The rest of my party was mopping up the other baddies, but no one could help me at the time, so I had to either do something or die. Even if an attack could have killed one of them, it would not have killed any more than that, and it's not a desperation situation if one guy with 5 HP saunters up to you.

Seriously.
>>
>>46844139
yeah martial/caster disparity doesnt really come into play unless
>a) there's serious powergaming involved
>b) the guys playing the martials are newbies

I used to run PF and the martial/caster disparity there is even worse, the best group I had didnt have much problems with it, because the players played to their strenghts/rpd good and werent powergaming.

I've ran tons of premade adventures for lowlvl parties or tried to get newbies into shit (I put up a poster every once in a while on uni about dming for newbie groups and stuff) and there it happened pretty often, when people coming into it with ideas that might/might not work like they think it would.

In my experiences every newbie group ended with like 3-4 martials and 0-2 casters.
I had countless of people try to pull of a Legolas or Aragorn like I CAN BOW AND FIGHT and after a few levels they realized that they were just mopping up after the wizard. And in most cases not because the wizard guy was a munchkin, but because they gimped their shit hard by making retarded choices.

I havent played 5e with complete newbies yet, so I havent run into this problem for now, but I think 5e is much better balanced than 3.PF to handle newbies. I'll have to try it in summer break I guess running a group or beginner adventure or two
>>
>>46841409
>tfw +3 rod of lordly might at level 7
>>
>>46844165
Gandalf is a level 20 wizard. Achilles is a level 20 fighter. Gandalf has a higher powerlevel because he USES. FUCKING. MAGIC.
>>
>>46844257
Look cunt, you can't change the situation after leaving it vague and then act all irritated when I respond to you. Fuck you, take your shitty anecdote elsewhere.
>>
>>46844324

The situation was clearly defined as a desperation situation, and you come in here acting like "why didn't you treat it like it wasn't a desperation situation?" Retard. YOU can take your shitty reading comprehension elsewhere, sub-human trash.
>>
>>46844165
>We don't have to limit magic or make it make sense within the bounds of our setting or rules because IT'S MAGIC LOL

>try to kick down a door as a raging 24 Str Barbarian
>CAN I GET A STRENGTH CHECK
>Wizard casts Fireball
>NAH I DON'T NEED A DAMAGE ROLL, THE DOOR EXPLODES INTO BURNING SPLINTERS
>>
>>46843871
The only subclass with especially good Pact abilities is Fiend. Focus on the expanded spell list. The level 14 abilities are good, but nobody gets to 14, so it's a moot point.
>>
>>46844324

Hi, someone else here. You're arguing that giving yourself temporary hit points, as an action, is never useful. You're being very rude about this (frankly pretty silly) position.

Most of the time, casting a spell is better. Occasionally, giving yourself a bunch of free hit points is better. Calm the hell down.
>>
>>46844389

I didn't even get to 14 after a year of playing one character. Level 13. So close.
>>
>>46844355
No, the situation was defined BY ME as only being acceptable if you have "literally 0 options left aside from Shaping into a Badger or something". You never said anything concerning the situation other than "durr, dat 15 HP real good durr". Fucking loser.

>>46844399
No I'm not. Reading comprehension. We need to stop saying this before it becomes a new le epic meme.
>>
>>46844082
AC is better at very high numbers. Between 10-16 you might as well wear a T-shirt.
>>
>>46844418

What part of "getting a burst of HP" and "being able to absorb an extra attack" implies to you that things are hunky dory and that you're in no danger whatsoever? God damn drop-out stoner scum.
>>
>>46839779
I've been meaning to play a cock paladin of Sune...
>>
>>46844401

I was wondering if I was leveling my group slow or fast!

One game a week, just over a year, they're about to hit level 13. Everyone else having similar experiences?

Also, as the GM, I'm having trouble challenging them at this level. They tear shit up but good. Gonna have to start throwing real high CR shit at them.
>>
>>46844317
If Gandalf and Achilles are at the same level in the same game and Gandalf is more power then the system is imbalanced.
>>
>>46844324
>>46844355
>cunt
>Fuck you
>sub-human trash
>retard

>Martial versus Casters argument

You guys know you're nerds, right?
>>
>>46844455

I can't tell you if that's fast or slow, as I've not really played that many games. The game I had in question was mired with having 7 people at one point, so I imagine getting to 13 after a year is a bit on the slow side.
>>
>>46844465
>on /tg/
>on 4chan
>on a Friday night

what the fuck is your point
>>
New DM here, what do you guys do about PCs gaining new feats/abilities?

By that I mean, how do you tie them into the game? My rogue is about to become an arcane trickster and it'd be a bit dumb if he was to just suddenly go "oh boy, now I can cast spells" after gutting a hobgoblin

My fighter wants to multi-class into paladin at some point too.

I was thinking that I'd have the rogue find an arcane spellbook next session, that he can study to then become an AT at level 3. Really not sure about the paladin though.
>>
>>46844481
>I imagine getting to 13 after a year is a bit on the slow side
Considering the majority of groups don't even get to 10, speed is irrelevant.
>>
>>46844497
Ask your players how they are going to accomplish this and then facilitate their desires. Gaining a level in a new class isn't a fucking oopsie (unless you say the wrong thing to a Warlock Patron), it requires effort on the part of the PC.
>>
>>46844497

Typically, when I'm making new characters, I plan out my multiclassing way ahead of time and incorporate it into the character concept. If some guy just decides to switch gears in the middle of something for no reason, well then he's an asshole and you should tell him to cut that shit out.

Think of it this way: Just because the magical-looking Rogue didn't cast any spells for three levels doesn't mean he was incapable of doing so fluff-wise, he just couldn't do so mechanically.
>>
File: smug weeaboo robot.jpg (106KB, 1165x660px) Image search: [Google]
smug weeaboo robot.jpg
106KB, 1165x660px
>>46844317
>Gandalf
>literally an angel
>comparing him to a mortal man
>>
>>46844497
Maybe the Fighter had a revelation or a vision ?

Maybe after gutting a band of bandits and then looking around seeing a turned over cart with the dead mother and child in the wreckage made him boil with righteous rage ?

Multiclassing into Paladins storywise is the easiest shit and doesnt even need any much prereqs instead of just going up to a temple/god or swearing a vow to the charred corpse of someone.
>>
>>46844502

Coincidentally also the the age of emotional maturity TG posters will be trapped in.
>>
File: five_fingers_in_freddy.jpg (64KB, 469x750px) Image search: [Google]
five_fingers_in_freddy.jpg
64KB, 469x750px
>>46839891
Others have said it, but I'll pile on. Your DM is utter rubbish, and you should honestly consider looking for a new group run by someone who has a semblance of understanding on the game.
>>
>>46844497
You could have the fighter come across a holy order who teach him their ways and ideas
>>
>>46844563
>the slow progression of character advancement is analogous to anon's emotional development

Stop making so much sense. It burns.
>>
File: knight-charge.jpg (51KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
knight-charge.jpg
51KB, 600x450px
>>46844497

Oh, you gotta work that stuff into the story!

Give the fighter an opportunity to do good at great personal risk. Hmm... need to find a way to do this without pissing off the rest of the party, though.
>>
>>46844317
Uh, let's be real here, 90% of what Gandalf does with his magic in both book and film is knocking precarious things over. Nigga can't even cast Invisibility; that's a power reserved for a super-spooky special limited edition ring.

Achilles or just about any other heroic strongman could punches bridges to drop balors into pits or kick a hill to topple a rock and reveal the sun just as easily as Gandalf. But they wouldn't have to, because they could just STAB THAT FUCKING BALOR RIGHT IN THE NUTS or decapitate a bunch of trolls with ease.

LotR magic isn't about shooting fireballs or polymorphing into dragons. It's about talking to animals and not being a brash dummy. You done fucked up.
>>
>>46844544
>Achilles
>mortal
bitch please
>>
>>46844529
>>46844533
>>46844553

these guys are brand new players who literally couldn't perception check their way out of a paper bag, expecting them to take the initiative on doing anything is a bit of a leap

but I'll tell them to think up stuff on their own and try to help them out. I think the rogue finding a spellbook and some scrolls works fine for him, and I'll put a temple of torm or some shit in the next village they arrive at

also I guess this continues into another question; my players very rarely take advantage of all their abilities

that meaning they won't perception check a dimly lit cave and shit like that. They won't insight check the captured bandit to see if he's lying about the conveniently placed treasure trove that is just over this rickety bridge I promise, etc. I always have to prompt them to use a skill or something.

I've told them multiple times that they are all their characters and are free to use their skills/interact with the world in whatever way they'd like to but I think they just forget. They all have character sheets with their feats, skill mods etc all cleanly laid out but they still don't use them

we're only like four sessions in so I hope they'll improve with that. I guess it's not a big deal that I have to pretty much tell them what they could do, despite them knowing exactly what they could do, but for me as a DM it's boring. I want them to take the initiative and go and do shit of their own, without my suggestion
>>
>>46844152
Of all the dnd plebbits, BTS is by far the most cancerous.
>>
>>46844746
>Achilles heel
>>
>>46844765
Being new to D&D shouldn't mean they're new to having an imagination or knowing how characters in books or movies act and develop. Not knowing how to use their class abilities is one thing for a new player, but if they can't fathom how their character is going to learn magic or take a holy oath without you dropping everything into their lap, you're going to have bigger problems.

>expecting them to take the initiative on doing anything is a bit of a leap
That's why I said ASK THEM.
>So, you want Elfor the Rogue to start using magic. Did he previously study? Has he always had an interest? Is he planning on studying?
>>
>>46844788
I generally avoid Reddit. Mostly I googled this shit because Thought Shield is literally useless unless there are creatures that use mind reading or psychic attacks.
>>
>>46844544

>Achilles
>A mortal man

The funniest thing about this conversation is that they'd actually be pretty balanced. Gandalf is an angel with magic powers. Achilles was nigh-invulnerable and blessed by several gods. His mother was a nymph, a divine water spirit. He killed men by the score, and it took the intervention of a major goddess to take him down.

Achilles vs. Gandalf would be an awesome, and pretty even, fight.
>>
>>46843081
Pteranodon.
>>
>>46844874
Achilles and Gandalf meet in a field. Gandalf dies instantaneously.

Achilles and Gandalf meet atop a rickety stone bridge high above a fiery abyss. Achilles is inconvenienced and returns to kill Gandalf two months later when he finally crawls his way out of the pit and locates Robey McNotthatmagic.
>>
>>46844790
It's only a heel, what kind of faggot is going to hit the fucking heel

>t. Achilles
>>
>>46844765
You could always just make them learn by pain.

>your guys are raiding a bandit cave
>last bandit alive in fight starts begging for his live and is telling them the location of their treasure area and how to disarm the trap before the door
>your party lets him live with that information
>they dont try to pry anymore out of him
>the bandits are keeping a domesticated mimic inside their treasure cave
>your party goes to open the biggass chest with diamonds on it
>mimic starts attacking them
>the surviving bandit comes from behind

I mean this example could end up in a TPK so you may try to make it a bit less dangerous, but it should still hurt them.

Maybe do an indiana jones thing, where they take a magic item out of a pedestal without checking for traps and a lightning bolt striking the player who picked it up doing some damage and destroying the item in process.

They'll never start being proactive if they feel like they dont need to and that you'll nuddge them towards it if they really need it.

They might get pissed off about it tho, so dont do it too often, but often enough until they learn their lessons (like you learn to hit on chests in Dark Souls)
>>
>>46844926
that's a good idea, though knowing my group they'd probably just call bullshit and get pissy about it.

guess I gotta break them in the hard way
>>
>>46844925
>lmao what the fuck are boots
The real question is how getting stabbed there kills him to begin with. It's not a Glowing Nintendo Weak Point, it's just the one spot he's not invincible.
>>
>>46843017
>Implying Odin had magic axes that flew back to him

Breh...
>>
>>46844977

Direct intervention of a major goddess. He didn't get stabbed by a scrub or something.
>>
>>46845018
Greek Gods were pretty shitty power-wise, all things considered. Most Gods were. Hell, Big Yahweh himself is apparently powerless to stop iron chariots, which really calls into question the effectiveness of JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL
>>
>>46842313
>slicing a computer
I feel like Jedi would actually be quite good at that.
>>
>>46845055
>spoiler
>he crashes into the first lamp post because he has no fucking clue what he's doing
>>
File: 85.png (1MB, 1894x776px) Image search: [Google]
85.png
1MB, 1894x776px
>>46845055
zeus defeats typhon by literally dropping mount etna on him. i wouldn't want to fuck with him.

>>46844317
i don't know why people always use gandalf as an example of a D&D wizard. just because he's called a wizard in that universe doesn't make them the same thing. even if he was mortal, he would be more like a cleric, both in terms of abilities and his role in the world as an emissary of the gods.

a better example of a level 20 wizard from tolkien would be galadriel, who actually belongs to playable race and behaves in a more wizard-like manner (eg. not running and hitting things with a sword). a level 20 fighter would be fingolfin, elendil or someone along those lines.
>>
>>46844317
>A sword should be stronger than a hammer because it's a SWORD.

Limiting martials to human capabilities and not casters because LOL IT'S MAGIC is fucking stupid. Especially since martials are pretty much superhuman, anyways.
>>
More martial shit?

A level 20 battlemaster is a literal cuisinart at any range it can hit, who can tank meteor storms.
>>
>>46845339
>mount etna
Ah, so that's where that name comes from.
>>
Hey /5eg/ I admit to only casually peeking at racks at my FLGS but I sort of expected there to be a lot more 3rd party stuff since the game went OGL or whatever. When I think about it I guess I assumed everyone would race to convert their 3.PF stuff to the new market?

And why hasn't wotc dumped a couple books of additional classes on us by now? Even 4e got that.

Reading back on what I wrote I don't want this to sound trollish, it just dawned on me today
>>
>>46844389
Fey has great sub 14 abilities. It's the 14 that sucks for fey.

GOO is the reverse: shitty sub 14 abilities, amazing 14

Fiend is the only one with good or great on all of them.
>>
>>46845475
wotc is trying to control splat bloat. Most of the stuff they'll publish will be adventures, with new options for existing classes.
>>
>>46845480
What's the opinion on the other ones, Light from the UA, and Undying?
>>
>>46845339
No Lord of the Rings character would be a good Wizard stand-in because magic in that universe just doesn't work like it does in D&D. They're not shooting lightning bolts as a matter of course, flying under their own power, turning invisible, transmuting objects, buffing other people, whatever. If anything, LotR Wizards are underpowered Druids.
>>
Bring back Martial Practices and give them to Rangers.

y/n?
>>
>>46845475
5e is trying to stay a lot more confined. You can tell by the way the existing content is designed. They've tried to be a lot more holistic from the outset.

I think PHB2 is meant to be coming out this year? I stopped keeping track.
>>
>>46845475
Printing and distributing shit is expensive. Most 5e OGL stuff has been released digitally.

D&D is a skeleton crew that focuses their effort on singular releases with the help of well-known 3rd-party publishers (Sasquatch Games, Green Ronin, etc.).

>>46845560
They've announced that they've started thinking about the "first big mechanical expansion" to the game, what it will be called and when it'll be out is unknown still.
>>
>>46845508
I think undying zombie is lackluster, though the spell list is good.

Undying light is probably broken. The level 6 feature is the real issue. It's way too good. The other features are all decent.
>>
>>46845580
>the "first big mechanical expansion"
>it's not just a bunch of new classes or options for existing ones
>it's rules for a whole new form of combat that takes place on the stage of nations
>Birthright 2
>>
why is beastmaster so shit?

my ranger is deadset on going beastmaster (just wants an animal companion) and I've been looking at it, and it's just bad. Hunter is way better.

anyway, when my Ranger does hit level 3 and gets an animal companion, how do I write that into the game? like does a wolf just come out of the woods and decide to hang?
>>
>>46845510
I wouldn't call them underpowered.

Also, isn't that the universe where elf swordsmen would regularly slay demigods so powerful that their screams literally echo through eternity in a canyon somewhere?

That's the kind of martial vs. caster balance I'm talking about.
>>
>>46845519
Maybe.

Giving ranger the martial equivalent of cunning action would actually be an interesting way to do it.
>>
>>46845657
I just kinda feel like if they're meant to be the other side of the Paladin coin, give them the martial equivalent of rituals. And poach a few of the more nature themed rituals too.
>>
>>46844977
The arrow is usually poisoned i believe
>>
>>46845615
Basically, wizards can't balance for shit.

They didn't want to make the beast too good, because then it's like a player taking 2 turns in a row. So they settled on making it shit instead.

Really, the answer was sitting them in the face all along: they should have scrapped the beast master archetype, given every ranger an animal companion, that could get as powerful as pact of the chain familiars.
>>
>>46845615
Most of the subclass features or multiclassing works best if its a part of your history that was just left untold until now. Unless you want to work it in.

Maybe the wolf had been off doing its own thing and you'd been leaving the occasional clue so it could find its way back to you.
>>
>>46845615
>why is beastmaster so shit?

they're afraid of breaking the action economy (except when they aren't, lol simulacrum)
>>
>>46845794
Or any kind of summon spell for that matter. Or even just haste.
>>
>>46845743
>>46845775
>>46845794
i'll have them find a wolf with its paw caught in a trap or something.

I was also thinking of letting my ranger get an animal companion and then just having him be a hunter. the animal companion wouldn't get any of the bonus shit from beastmaster traits so it'd be pretty worthless, but i think the guy just wants it for flavor more than anything (all my players are obsessed with finding animals/ additional companions for whatever reason, to the point of trying to befriend a captured goblin who is totally not going to steal their shit at night and run off)
>>
>>46845858
Maybe beastmaster should get Haste on their spell list.

There was a 2E ranger kit that got Haste.
>>
>>46845916
Rangers get Speak with Animals at level 2. Have him convince the wolf to join up and act as an NPC. An animal, but still an NPC.
>>
>>46845615
They don't just get an animal. He has to find it and bond with it. It's written in for you.

>>46845794
> 3rd-level class feature
> level 7 spell
> comparable
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>46845916
Honestly, just let them have all the class features of both archetypes. Ranger is shit.
>>
>>46845480
What's amazing about GOO 14? You get telepathy on a guy and advantage on social checks directed at him. He probably already hates you because you incapacitated him and he's under no compulsion to like you or listen to your orders.
>>
>>46845965
hunter looks completely solid though, and i'm letting him use a BA to command his companion in combat (they use a shared pool of movement though) so I think he'll be fine.
>>
>>46845986
No save infinite duration charms are good anon. You just gotta be sneaky about it.
>>
>>46846015
Hunter isn't solid. There's absolutely no mechanical reason to take vanilla ranger over a fighter with a crossbow/bow and arrow.
>>
Can someone post the infographic explaining Cone of Cold Horse? I think it can be further broken by casting Invisibility on the horse but I need to read through to confirm class restrictions and whatnot.
>>
>>46845986
There is all manner of stuff you can get up to with that.
Get someone stone cold drunk or get them while they're sleeping, thrall them.Deception to convince them the voice in their head is deity/spirit/long dead ancestor. Start getting them to cough up information on big bad or help assassinate him, steal treasures whatever.
>>
>>46846039
>No save infinite duration charms are good anon.
I don't see how because charm isn't particularly good. All the good charm effects say "The target is charmed. While the target is charmed, X additional effect." GOO thrall doesn't get any additional effect, it's just the charmed condition, which again is unimpressive. You get advantage on social checks against one guy. I could get that from one of my buddies Helping me on the ability check.
>>
>>46846209
>>46845986
Yeah, charm is not that great in combat, but if you have it permanently out of combat, you can do all sorts of things with deception. You just roleplay the brainwashing out, and eventually you do have a companion.
>>
>>46845580
>>46845560
>>46845503

Appreciate the answer on that, fa/tg/uys.
>>
>>46846164
As far as I read, that doesn't work.
The spell "also targets the steed" but it is still the same spell. You can't double it up to one-two punch enemies.

I think RAW you could still then draw the cone in two different directs for a 120 degree CoC though
>>
is it just me or do cleric spells kind of suck? Looking through them and they seem pretty limited

I know they have domain spells but it still seems pretty meh. Like there is what, seven cantrips to choose from?

I guess they are somewhat melee oriented but in melee they're just a worse paladin
>>
>>46838973
So would a pyromancer be a druid or a fire focused sorcerer?

Lore wise obviously the former, but I question if the latter would fit better mechanically?
>>
>>46846209
>>46846267
>Deception to convince them the voice in their head is deity/spirit/long dead ancestor.
>You just roleplay the brainwashing out, and eventually you do have a companion.
Do other peoples' DMs allow stuff like this? I'm basing my skepticism on my experience with my DM, and he'd just not allow a Deception check for a big lie like that or point out that the ability doesn't say anything about brainwashing.
>>
>>46846363
Druids in DnD are more about growing trees than burning them. That one druid who starts forest fires to renew the long term health of the forest is looked down upon as a crackpot by all the other druids at the nature convention. He's almost as disrespected as the one who keeps handing out goodberrys to commoners.
>>
File: 5e_Exploits_Cone-of-Cold-Horse.png (975KB, 1239x2971px) Image search: [Google]
5e_Exploits_Cone-of-Cold-Horse.png
975KB, 1239x2971px
>>46846330
>>46846164

I found the image but it doesn't make sense; Find Steed is a second-level spell only accessible to Clerics. And Cone of Cold is a fifth-level spell inaccessible to Clerics. So not even a wizard or sorcerer could get Find Steed without multiclassing. Which I guess is implied, but should be included in the infographic.

Anyway, I don't understand your rationale as to why it can't go in the same direction. Regardless, if Invisibility is cast on the horse, it wouldn't lose invisibility when Cone of Cold is activated on it because the spell is being cast on the horse, the horse is neither casting the spell nor making an attack.
>>
>>46846363
In what fantasy world are pyromancers anything like druids?
>>
>>46846446
From their perspective they simply wake up one day and someone is talking in their head.

It's not like these kinds of things couldn't happen in the DnD setting either. People are walking around invoking the wrath or divine protection of gods, fey spirits are going to be messing with your head if you walk in the wrong neck of the woods.
>>
>>46846446
There's nothing in the DMG about using axes to cut down trees either anon, but I'd allow it.

The ability gives you a charm that also gives you telepathy. The advantage is clearly supposed to apply to the telepathy too.

Brainwashing is more a function of social roles, and the huge advantage having a voice in their head gives you to it.

Having researched cults and brainwashing heavily, if one of my players approximated the steps, and had the thrall spell on, I'd totally let them get a supplicant out of it.
>>
>>46846490
>Find Steed is a second-level spell only accessible to Clerics. And Cone of Cold is a fifth-level spell inaccessible to Clerics.
So? Bards get literally any spell they want.
>>
>>46846490
>Find Steed is a second-level spell only accessible to Clerics

only accessible to paladins, actually. Unless i'm completely wrong
>>
>>46846448
See I always thought of druids using fire spells as more of a pragmatic application. Like they have access to them as part of the natural order, sure they plant seeds, heal injured animals, de-poison that river and shit like that.

But when it comes time to bring down natures wrath? Fire and lighting.
>>
>>46846446
your DM's a shitgobbler if he doesn't at least let you try this

it's a big lie sure, but it's occurring through two layers of magic (charm + telepathy) from someone who should be very good at lying (CHA caster with, i assume, deception proficiency). the ability itself doesn't brainwash, but it gives you tools to potentially brainwash if you're creative
>>
>>46846490
The idea was to be a Bard. It's fucking retarded from the get-go though and born out of the early months of the system where all the 3.5 grogs set to work trying to find "le ebin cheese maymay xD"
>>
>>46846490
*Paladin, not Cleric, oops

>>46846545
Oh, I'll go look at the Bard class features.
>>
>>46845743
Instead of scrapping beastmaster, it should have been like moon druid. Your pet options scale, and I'd say make it equal to or superior to moon druid because your a fucking martial druids aren't. Let them just have their pet dinosaur, or atleast something have decently cool like a mammoth or something. Maybe give them some options that moon druids can't wild shape into, like a wyvern, hippogriff/griffon, carrion crawler, bulette, ankheg or something. If you say that's broken look at the damage paladins can shit out and say the same thing again, with two classes that are supposed to be like twins, with one being borderline broken, and the other trash.

And Favored enemy needs to be a fucking combat feature, they have 7 ribbon features in general within the core class, and 4 actual hard features that effect combat: fighting style, spellcasting, extra attacks, and foe slayer, which is laughably bad for a twentieth level feature.
>>
>>46846527
I was referring to Dark souls pyromancers (from the OP pic).

The great swamp folks are usually some of the better ones and certainly dress the part of druid. Philosophy wise however they are...not super well defined, maybe I should have said flavor rather than lore
>>
>>46846490
It can go in the same direction.
But it is still just one spell. He's just giving it two targets, but you can't hit the same affected creatures (who aren't technically targets) twice with it.
>>
The Beastmaster actually does fine on damage. It's the fact that the beast is made of paper that hurts it.

I'd have given the beast 6 (or 7) x Ranger level HP and to combat the action economy being clunky I'd have made Extra Attack a Hunter feature. Then I'd have made the Beastmaster able to do what he can currently do at level 5, make one attack when his beast does, at level 3.

That doesn't solve the issue of rangers being crap after level 10, but it helps.
>>
Okay, so Mounted Combatant + Mobile.

If you leave an enemy's threat range without disengaging, the enemy cannot perform an AoO on you, but generally it can attack your mount. Can you stack the features of the two feats as follows?

>leave enemy's threat range
>enemy takes AoO against your mount
>you choose for the attack to target you using the Mounted Combatant feature
>the enemy's attack cannot land because you have the mobile feat
>>
>>46846842
The OA was still provoked, you can just choose the target for it.
>>
>>46846641
Ranger needs scaling.

It doesn't. For 14 levels.
>>
>>46846842
If a player took MC and Mobile I'd let him do ride bys anyway. I mean, he has to attack to get Mobile and charging with a lance and taking off again is exactly the kind of thing you'd expect from that tactic. He's put two feats into it.

I don't see it as any more broken than PM/Sentinel. A neat trick, but one that doesn't always work.
>>
>>46846540
>From their perspective they simply wake up one day and someone is talking in their head.
That's fine and all, but they have no reason to listen to it. I don't think I've ever met an NPC would listen to a voice in their head unless they were magically forced to. When my DM first read this thrall ability he said he couldn't think of anyone who it would be useful on because the average commoner would know it was telepathy and just someone messing with them. And by extension anyone smarter than a commoner would probably know to just get a remove curse spell at their local temple.

>>46846541
>The ability gives you a charm that also gives you telepathy. The advantage is clearly supposed to apply to the telepathy too.
I'm not contesting that the charm works over the telepathy, I'm saying that charm is nearly useless because it doesn't actually do anything. If my DM doesn't want me pulling off a big lie he just doesn't let me roll. Advantage doesn't mean anything if I can't roll, and it doesn't mean much even when I can.
>>
>>46846953
Of course they have no reason to listen to it.
But you have advantage on checks to persuade them to do so.

The shopkeep doesn't have to give you a discount. The villagers don't have to tell you what juicy rumours are going about the baron either but you can still cast Friends or Charm Person on them for similar effects as well.
>>
>>46846953
That's why you start with the little lies first anon. You're the little voice in the king's head telling them that a noble hates them. Then you escalate, and escalate, and escalate, while isolating them from everyone else with paranoia. That's how actual cults work (minus the telepathy of course).
>>
>>46846867
Is there any way apart from fly-by to avoid AoO while mounted apart from fly-by?

Also, is there any class that gets benefits from using a mount?
>>
Assuming you had a DM who refused to let you actually do anything with charm, for some reason, I just realized that all it takes is for one Monk Stunning Fist to get through and you can neuter anything not immune.

>Party having final showdown with the summoned Balor
>Monk knocks him on his ass for a moment
>Comes to seconds later
>Everyone has bolted and dropped the gates
>Except the Warlock
>He sits down in a chair
>"It's time we had a chat about your little anger problem. Please, take a seat."
>>
Making a fighter (EK)/ Wiz multiclass, what weapon strats do you guys think I should use?

I'd do Greatsword but can I cast spells with a greatsword in-hand? Do I need a one-handed weapon to cast?
>>
>>46847271

unless i misread something, the way eldritch knight is limited to the same number of spells regardless of their int score.

ek also can't use spells that aren't abjuration or evocation.

going full ek and disregarding int or going one or two levels in fighter before going full wizard are the best ways.

>I'd do Greatsword but can I cast spells with a greatsword in-hand? Do I need a one-handed weapon to cast?

Theoretically you hold the sword with one hand while you cast. You need two hands to hit something and deal damage, not hold it.
>>
>>46847271
>can I cast spells with a greatsword in-hand?
Yes, you can hold the greatsword in one hand while casting.
>>
>>46847271

This has been answered about a thousand times by now, but whatever, I'll answer it anyway: you are perfectly capable of taking a hand off of a greatsword to cast a spell. You don't need two hands on the hilt at all times, only when you're swinging it around and dealing damage.
>>
>>46847271
You can hold the greatsword in one hand while casting, then wield it. A two-handed weapon only has to be wielded in two hands, it can be carried in one.

I've seen some DMs take away people's proper OAs on a turn they cast, or drop them to non-versatile damage die because they took their hands off but I think that's a bit pedantic.
>>
>>46847271
It's in the book under the spellcasting chapter you dunce.
>>
File: 5BDRqu8.png (569KB, 565x668px)
5BDRqu8.png
569KB, 565x668px
>>46847348
>>46847372
>>46847374
>>46847377

Awesome, that's what I envisioned. Sorry for the dumb question, first timer here

Any way, I'm going EK to 6 (maybe 7 for war magic though I don't know how war magic works with extra attack) then Wiz for whatever else.

From what I understand, the spells I gain from EK have to be Abj/Evo but spells I get from Wiz can be anything, right?

I'm aware that it'd be more effective to just go full Wiz but I don't give a shit, I wanna be a spell knight.
>>
>>46847151
>ask valid question that would require pouring over the class features of every class but the collective knowledge of 5eg should be able to recall otherwise
>no replies

>>46847271
>asks a question about spellcasting that is answered in the PHB three pages into the Spellcasting chapter
>5 anons reply with the answer within 5 minutes of the post

Are you fucking kidding me?
>>
>>46847377

>I've seen some DMs take away people's proper OAs on a turn they cast, or drop them to non-versatile damage die because they took their hands off but I think that's a bit pedantic.

That's fucking retarded. What is the logic behind that? What is the character doing after casting the spell, just holding their fucking hand out like they're hailing a taxi while everyone else is taking their turns?
>>
>>46847477
>ask easy question that's been answered a lot
>get immediate answers
>ask more obscure question that hasn't been answered a lot
>don't get immediate answers
wew
>>
DMs, what sacrifices do you accept for the Cult in Death House 5e? Do you go by the module or highten the standards?
>>
>>46847481
Some DMs are just like that, feel the need to "balance" something that really doesn't matter.

Stems from the "DM vs PCs" mentality
>>
>>46847544
Anything that's ranger companion or up.

Familiars don't count.
>>
>>46847467

>Any way, I'm going EK to 6 (maybe 7 for war magic though I don't know how war magic works with extra attack) then Wiz for whatever else.

You take your action to use a cantrip and make one attack as a bonus action. If you have extra attack you take all your extra attacks during you action. Therefore to use war magic you don't use extra attack.

>From what I understand, the spells I gain from EK have to be Abj/Evo but spells I get from Wiz can be anything, right?

>From what I understand, the spells I gain from EK have to be Abj/Evo but spells I get from Wiz can be anything, right?

Yes. If you go wizard, you will benefit from the abjuration and evocation traditions the most because most of your spells will come from those schools for a long time.
>>
File: eldritch knight.jpg (59KB, 736x1119px) Image search: [Google]
eldritch knight.jpg
59KB, 736x1119px
>>46847709
Thanks mate, gonna go EK 6 then probably Evo wiz the rest of the way.

cheers
>>
>>46847477
Personally it's because I'd already put in my 2c
>>
>>46846253
This. The ability is so shit. Even if you be creative. Honestly as a DM I'd change it to a infinite duration Dominate Person. It's a level 14 feature for god's sake.
>>
>>46848100
I just assumed that's how it worked!
Crap that skill just went from the absolute best patron feature to a relatively shitty one
>>
>>46848262
Yup. Quite a few "charming" type spells are just horrid imo. This is coming from someone who enjoys exploiting spells and reading them loosely.
>>
>>46847544
Anything that's REALLY alive. No familiars, no illusions, no gnomes. Has to be living, but could be something as minor as a rat.
>>
>>46848296
Yeah if one of my players makes a GOOlock I'd rule it as dominate person with no limit, otherwise it's basically useless
>>
>>46848417
>no gnomes
>>
Is a shield worth the difference between 15 and 16 AC?
>>
How should the Beastmaster's animal companion scale?
>>
>>46849364
It wouldn't be, if that's what a shield did.

Pillock.
>>
>>46849488
I meant 17 jeez
>>
>>46849519
Then yes

But you're still a pillock
>>
File: Ambuscade ranger 1.0.jpg (319KB, 817x943px) Image search: [Google]
Ambuscade ranger 1.0.jpg
319KB, 817x943px
My attempt at balancing Ambuscade Ranger while giving it 20 levels is detailed here. Some anon asked me a few days ago to give it a try. Cheers.
>>
File: Halfbreed 1.0.jpg (259KB, 817x621px) Image search: [Google]
Halfbreed 1.0.jpg
259KB, 817x621px
>>46849774
I'll also post my other homebrew while I'm at it.
>>
is there any kind of homebrew I could use for a player race of wilbur whately - esque beings?

like, progeny of the old gods kind of stuff
>>
>>46849774
Hey, I'm the anon that requested this. Thanks a bunch, dude.
>>
Finally getting the FUCK out of death house next week, turning level 3 on my monk. Thinking I'll just go Open hand because A) knocking people around is funny and B) I've wanted to play a monk for fucking ages so I might as well go with the classic martial artist.
>>
>>46849875
k
>>
>>46849875
>Monk
But then you can't use the full plate, anon.
>>
>>46849875
>>46849969

Yeah, at this point the only way he can get heavy prof. fast enough for the four sets of plate armor that don't rust and fit all humanoids is by MCing into Cleric and going Life, Tempest, Nature or War domain as his 3rd level.
>>
>>46849969
>>46850026
he can always just sell them, after all they're in good condition
>>
>>46849875
>>46849969
>>46850026
>>46850060
Question for you death house savvy fatguys, is a bag of rats a worthy sacrifice for the cult?
>>
>>46850130
no
>>
>>46850130

Absolutely.
>>
>>46850130
Ask your DM
>>
File: tg_dm_advantage-is-dumb.png (364KB, 873x757px) Image search: [Google]
tg_dm_advantage-is-dumb.png
364KB, 873x757px
>>
I miss 1e.
>>
>>46850665
All the 1e stuff is still there, even more available than it was when it was being supported since you can get PDFs for cheap or free.
>>
>>46850665
i never played it, what do you miss about it?
>>
File: 1453435971564.jpg (51KB, 599x438px)
1453435971564.jpg
51KB, 599x438px
>>46850693
It has it's weird charm. The stuff in the Magical Encyclopedias alone were worth hundreds of adventuring ideas. Didja know that using their tables you could come up with billions of magical items? Most were downright silly or unworkable to some degree but some were pretty nifty. The Bell of Blasting, heh-heh-heh. Or how bad ass the Goristo was. It had a battle platform on it's head to carry Balor's around. 1-10 of 'em, IIRC. The Solar. The original Sword of Sharpness and the Defender. Actually, the Defender was pretty broken. There were a lot of broken rules in 1e but it was a lot more freewheeling, it seemed.

Oh I may wax too long on this subject, sorry. I'll stop.
>>
>>46850759
Thread posts: 346
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.