[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #799: Magnificent Magpies Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 391
Thread images: 43

File: JumpChain.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
JumpChain.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>46809260
>>
Who else besides me managed to kill Darkseid?
>>
>>46823404
Killing is wrong, no matter what.
>>
>>46823404
No point in killing him. He won't know he's lost then. You've gotta leave him alive, so he's beaten and he knows it.
>>
>>46823404
How did you kill him, anon?
>>
How does Random Encounters from Order of the Stick work for late-game jumpers in low-power settings?
>>
Is there an American Gods jump yet?
Is anybody working on one?
I'm reading it now, and I've been getting some ideas...
>>
>>46823442
A concept cutting sword, the ability to block at a conceptual level with said sword, immunity to plot armor/temporal/spatial manip, total indestructibility, light speed movement/reflex in combination with a perk gestalt that would teleport me right next to him in an instant. Also, another gestalt that allows for an automatic hit wherever.
>>
>>46823404
Actually, the right question is - Is there anyone who did not managed to kill Darkseid?

If you can't then you are either early in the chain and feeling masochistic or not really trying.
>>
>>46823523
Be sure to read and throw in Anansi Boys as well.
>>
>>46823530
Or I didn't want to deal with him. Sometimes I don't take drawbacks I'm technically capable of handling because I think it'd be boring. I'd rather creep around the main characters and be weirdo fish witch Tomoko.
>>
Speaking of killing Darkseid, you think Giga Slave would work? Then again, you'd have to find a way to cast that without either destroying the universe or winding up in the Sea of Chaos.
>>
>>46823611
It'd be safer for reality to use ragna blade, since that one is less likely to go out of control and destroy reality. Though you still have to stab him with it instead of just exploding him.
>>
File: 61872983.jpg (58KB, 364x375px) Image search: [Google]
61872983.jpg
58KB, 364x375px
>>46823404
Yeah, yeah whatever. But are you a bad enough dude to kill the Dark Side? No, I don’t think you are, you will always be too weak, and pathetic.
>>
>>46823611
Giga Slave and Ragna Blade would both work on him, like the anon above I would suggest Ragna Blade, but either would do the job.
>>
>>46823658
Getting in close would be difficult, unless I can distract him. Perhaps if I grab that DETERMINATION perk from Undertale along with a crapton of other defense perks would allow me to tank his attacks long enough to get close?
>>
File: 1237298867480.jpg (70KB, 339x313px) Image search: [Google]
1237298867480.jpg
70KB, 339x313px
>>46823530
I'm more on >>46823591, I just didn't want to deal with him. Plus I really couldn't justify just throwing armies of Parademons and having the deaths of millions on my hands just for the sake of more CP.
>>
>>46823746
his omega beams are a guaranteed 1 bit kill, home like a bitch too. Darkseid also has extensive temporal/spatial manip, INFINITE strength p much among other bits. He's not fast tho (faster than any mortal man, but still)
>>
>>46823836
Didn't he just teleport Batman back in time?
>>
>>46823836
Hmm, you think if I have the speed perks from both Arrowverse and the X-Men jumps I could outrun his attacks and stab him with the Ragna Blade?
>>
>>46823836
>his omega beams are a guaranteed 1 bit kill, home like a bitch too.
It's not impossible to tank those, though only superman, doomsday, and wonder woman's bracelets have done so. I would suggest using something that's divinely invincible to block them like wonder woman's bracelets.
>>46823877
You may want a way to instantly cast it without the incantation, or store the spell for later use.
>>
>>46823924
>store the spells for later
I think Cantrips do that, though I can't remember which jump they're from.
>>
Given the horde of parademons he shows up with, you shouldn't need to worry about the Omega Beams much at all; just use them as human (demon?) shields.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aWLS4UAdgo

If you can't kill him before you run out of parademons, you probably shouldn't have taken the drawback in the first place.
>>
>>46823954
I believe they're from Obsidian Tower.
>>
>>46823978
I just checked, and they are indeed from the Obsidian Tower jump. So, if I prepare the Ragna Blade before hand, out race Darkseid with a speed powers from various jumps, and stab him with it, I can have a shot at killing him?
>>
>>46823877
as long as he didn't notice you coming, you'd win
>>
>>46824026
Sure, long as you remember the guy can keep up with Superman at his fastest and the Flash (Not at the Flash's fastest though). He's way, way above light speed in terms of raw speed.
>>
>>46824047
>>46824050
Okay, cool-
>way, way above light speed in terms of raw speed
W-wait, but this anon >>46823836 said he's not very fast. I don't know of any speed perks that allow us to out race the speed of light pre-Spark. This could be a problem...
>>
>>46824050
Pretty sure he was just fucking with time if he got up to their level.
>>
>>46824108
That anon doesn't know what he's talking about then since the guy has generally been able to keep up with heroes much faster then the normal man. They guy's able to beat whole teams of heroes like the justice league at once at their best.

>>46824113
Not really.
>>
>>46824108
If Darkseid wasn't that fast then he'd have no chance against guys like Superman who can move at massively FTL speeds as well as being super strong and tough. He'd just get speedblitzed.
>>
XCOM - Waifu Edition
Is more or less done

Change log v.3

- Shit, I forgot what I did
- Umm... new Drop in capstone
- I think I nerfed Digitially Compatable
- Added some neato stuff to Anatomical Analysis
- Nerfed Star ship captain companion import.
- Added stealth
- Discounted Warp Drive from Interceptor
>>
>>46823523
I bought the book just for making a jump.

Haven't opened it. It's been 7 months.

Godspeed, anon.
>>
>>46824172
realistically yeah but sources are saying anything but FTL
>>
>>46824193
What is this setting about and why are you calling it Xcom- Waifu edition?
>>
>>46824108
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/comics/dc_comics/supervillain-feats-darkseid-a50986

http://www.outskirtsbattledomewiki.com/index.php/8-character-profiles/1673-character-profile-darkseid

Here's some lists of his feats and power levels. Note that he doesn't have the Anti Life Equation or Soulfire in the Young Justice drawback so ignore mentions of those, otherwise it'd be almost impossible for anyone but the strongest jumpers.
>>
File: screenshot1.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot1.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>46824235
Does this explain both questions?
>>
>>46824256
Not really no.
>>
>>46824146
>>46824172
If he's able to do that, I might just have to take the risk of Giga Slave. I can't think of anyway of fighting him head on if he can move that quickly. You think that Kaiser thing from the Nanoha jump, which apparently gives perfect/near-perfect control over your magic, would allow me to pull it off?
>>46824193
Question, how much damage can the Assault carrier and its weapons actually do? What are their feats? Also, how powerful is this Quantum Torpedo? Otherwise, the jump looks awesome!
>>46824247
...fuck it, Giga Slave it is.
>>
>>46824217
Anon, what sources are you talking? The sources are that Darkseid has shown to be able to react to and fight equal to or far superior then heroes that can move at FTL or massively FTL speeds. That pretty much proves he can move at those speeds. If he couldn't move that fast, how does he consistently match or surpass people that can?
>>
File: Horus_angry.jpg (24KB, 211x479px) Image search: [Google]
Horus_angry.jpg
24KB, 211x479px
How badass would I need to be to eliminate Horus completely? (Assuming i'm fighting alongside the Emperor)

Is dark binding an option, or is his soul already long beyond my (and the Emperor's) grasp?

How do i prevent being one of those poor sods who simply stand in front of the Emperor simply to get obliterated into nothingness?

Would being a blank with culexus be enough? Viator of Nullspace? Physical combat is not as concerning as being destroyed via chaos powered brain farts.
>>
Any idea how I could help Thomas from the Dresden Files? Anything that would re!love a Hunger from a wampire?
>>
>>46823266

Haven't been in here a while. Did Digger finish make that Neo-Heisei Kamen Rider jump yet?
>>
>>46824386
remove a Hunger*
>>
>>46824391
No, he's still working on it, I think.
>>
>>46824386
Easiest way is to just use Stars and Stones from to same jump to get rid of his hunger.
>>
>>46824284
I was going with post crisis DS whose impressive feat actually mentioned regarding outright speed being able to react in microseconds. I'd guess temporal/spatial Manipulation, or writers moving up and down power levels to make things more convenient.
>>
>>46824429
Isn't that a temporary fix that only affects people while you're around?
>>
>>46824439
I find explaining it as him somehow controlling time every time he fights (Especially given how rare any mentions of that is) to be a very large stretch when the simplest and most obvious answer is that he is simply very fast. He's one of the most powerful beings in DC (Barring the conceptual/christian stuff) and it only makes sense that he is also very fast. It's pretty simple to scale him to at least Superman's speed and saying that without time manipulation, which is almost totally unmentioned in all these fights so it being the reason is laughable, he's only a bit above peak human? It's silly.
>>
>>46824500
Now that I'm looking at it I'm not sure, Maeve was able to lie even when there weren't any outsiders visible around her so I assumed it was permanent but now looking at the wording it might not be.
Doctor of Miracles from Touhou would be what I'd use then, it'd probably be relatively simple to mix up a potion that relieves avaricious urges.
>>
>>46824566
Wasn't she possessed by Nemesis, though?
>>
File: crisis city.jpg (29KB, 480x252px) Image search: [Google]
crisis city.jpg
29KB, 480x252px
So let's say I wanted to imbue someone with psychic powers equivalent to my own.

Any advice, /jc/?

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>46824592
Synchronicity Event from F.E.A.R.
>>
>>46824439
The problem I find is that Post Crisis DS has very few real feats and that without scaling his power to other characters, he's pretty weak overall. I'd honestly say that the one in YOung Justice is near his power if you only go by feats. Which is why I think it's the pre crisis version because the drawback makes a point that the Darkseid is meant to be a much stronger comics version rather then only a little stronger.
>>
>>46824566
>it'd probably be relatively simple to mix up a potion that relieves avaricious urges.
But with a Hunger, they still have a physiological need to feed and are harmed by a certain emotion.
>>
>>46824271
Turn Based Strategy set in space
In the game you command the Sunrider, a prototype assault carrier that's the latest in a small fleet belonging to an unaligned world.
Your world gets attacked by - It's nor treally stated, but they're red so - Space Slavs and you're forced to fall back.

In order to save your world you forge alliances, gathering a wing of ryders - space mechs - that all happen to be piloted by cute girls.

It's a game made by a bunch weebs that I enjoyed way more than I should have. Though admittedly it's very impressive that they got a Turn based strategy working on the Ren'Py engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ksx-80R-RY

>>46824280
All of the weapons are about on par with each other but you'd use them in different situations with the exception of the Vanguard Cannon and Torpedos, they are super weapons. IE a Savoiur cannon on an Assault Carrier will do the same amount of damage as a Saviour cannon.

Lets use Saviours as a base line at about 500 damage, which are weakly mitigated by armor and really for close range combat.

Trintiy - 400, but more accurate, mitigated by shields
Pulse - 40x12, less accurate than trinity, more accurate than Saviours, Mitigated by shields
Flak - 30x8, About as accurate as Saviours, mitigated by Armor. only really for fending off light Ryders.
Hellfire - 60x10, Accurate as Trinity, can be intercepted by flak, militated by armor
MIRV Torpedos - 1200 main target, 600 splash damage to adjacent hexes, can be intercepted by flak
Quantum Torpedos - 2400 to main target, 1200 splash damage, can be intercepted by flak
Vanguard Cannon - 2200 - 1100 damage in a 20 degree cone to the bow of the ship
>>
>>46824599
Looking at the wording, it's a little unclear - can I only give one power to each person, or is it just that I can only give one at a time?
>>
>>46824376
Be strongest in 40k
>>
>>46824599
Assuming I've got about 31 Jumps under my belt, a Helm of Xorn, and some regeneration on hand, how do my chances look?
>>
>>46824616
Okay then, either make some sort of artifical emotional energy or biologically engineer an organism that feels nothing but intense lust, implant it into their gut and they'd have a symbiotic relationship where the vampire feeds the homunculus by eating food as normal and the homunculus feeds the vampire through its emotions, which are of course strengthened when eating to encourage the vampire to actually eat real food.
>>
>>46824386
White Court Vampires get their powers and hunger both from a "demon", as it is called in-series, that lives inside them since birth, due to the fact that White Court Vampirism is hereditary and cannot be spread in another other way than to children of a White Court Vampire. In addition, it's possible for a potential White Court Vampire to never become one if they can find a true form of their clan's weakness before they kill through feeding the first time(This is just assumption, we only see it with a Raith family member who found True Love and could no longer become a White Court Vampire). Now, onto more assumptions, from this, it could potentially be possible to figure out a way to suppress an awoken "demon" inside a full White Court Vampire, removing access to their abilities along with the hunger and their weaknesses.
>>
>>46824592
Jumper's Mark from Dishonored might help you there.
>>
>>46824641
one at a time I think
>>
>>46824634
Is the series worth checking out anon?
>>
File: Sororit_as_planned.jpg (120KB, 704x400px) Image search: [Google]
Sororit_as_planned.jpg
120KB, 704x400px
>>46824386
It's too late for the abomination
the only thing left for him is to show him the mercy of the Emperor.

IE A melta to the face

>>46824733
Mask of Arcadis is free on steam m8

It's got no right to be as enjoyable as it is.
>>
>>46824641
>>46824729
As the jumpmaker, one at a time, and at the beginner levels. They can grow, but you gotta put in the effort.
>>
>>46824715
Assuming the provisions here >>46824657, how likely am I to not die?
>>
Could one use morphing from the animorphs in combination w that one perk that makes you 10x as strong to simply become 'better' Darkseid?
>>
>>46821093
It's theoretically possible, but you'd have to work your way up to it. I don't just mean getting better at Rumormongering, either. You'd have to make things weird enough that those kinds of rumors are considered possible. Remember that Persona 2 started with a guy who comes and grants you wishes, and builds up to Adolf Hitler trying to conquer Japan before it hits Xibalba. Also keep in mind that the more you do that, the more likely it is things will go very much out of your control. Rumormongery is not safe.

>>46824500
>The Outsiders don't just refuse to play the rules, they break them, permanently.
The "those around you" only means you can't do it through their True Name, hair, or something similar.
>>
>>46824235
It's more Gundam than Xcom in theme

But it can be hard as balls
>>
>>46824634
>>46824766

God did you play the original version when it was square grids instead of tiles.

That fucked me up for a while for my strategies, also yeah adapting a strategy game into a VN was a buggy POS for the longest time
>>
>>46824802
I...don't know?
I don't THINK they can take the powers of Ellimist, who is the closest equivalent to Darkseid. Well him and his evil counterpart who's name escapes me right now.
It depends on if he has DNA at all, and if his powers are carried in his DNA I suppose.
>>
Is there a set cap with fighting spirit for how much mana you can dump into your body to make it better?
>>
>>46824802
Pretty sure there's some weird mystical/metaphysical shit to his power.

You might get the physicals, but probably no Omega Effect.

Which is arguably better than getting it, since almost everyone else who tried to do shit with it died instantly.
>>
>>46824810
Gotcha, thanks.
>>46824634
So how does that translate into actual damage? Could I, say, blow up a moon with the Vanguard Cannon? What level are these things on? Thank you for the answers, by the way.
>>
>>46824802
Sure. And then you immediately get taken over by Darkseid, and since you willingly let his essence in your anti-corruption and ant-mind control perks don't trigger.
>>
>>46824701
That could work for solving part of the problem while letting them keep their powers.

>>46824712
I know. When I said Hunger, I was referring to the demon, because that's what it's called in setting.

>>46824766
Hey, it's not his fault his father is a psychopathic incubus.

>>46824810
Oh, so that will fix the problem? Neat, thanks.
>>
>>46824922
Do you think just using a buffed comic book Superman in combination w some overpowered items/cheap tactics might be better then?
>>
>>46824771
So I can give a single person multiple psychic powers?

Okay, how about giving them multiple types of the same power? Say, Telepathy from both X-Men and Young Justice?
>>
Everyone's so focused on killing Darkseid, but couldn't you just close the Boom Tubes to get rid of him?
Wouldn't that cause Darkseid and the Parademons to be sucked back to Apokolips?
Or do they not work how they're portrayed in Justice League: War?
>>
>>46824386
Wasn't there a cure affliction option that Jumpers could buy from either Supernatural, Twilight or X-Men?

The one that removed curses, or am I thinking of something else?
>>
>>46824977
I think not fighting Darkseid at all will be better, because the whole point of Darkseid is that you can't defeat him with violence. Seael him away, remove his powers, mind control him, whatever. Darkseid is not a threat that can ended by punching it.
>>
>>46825011
Yes, that would be a valid option, and far easier than trying to kill him.
>>
>>46825013
>X-Men
I doubt that would work, since it only works on things with a genetic basis, and while Hungers are hereditary, they're more a symbiote attached to the soul than anything genetic.

Would probably work on a Wizard, though.
>>
>>46824985
Yes, and no idea. Probably? Maybe?
>>
>>46825014
Them don't punch it. Stab it with a Sword of the Cross or some conceptual weapon of something.
>>
File: Hey kid wanna puge.jpg (128KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
Hey kid wanna puge.jpg
128KB, 1024x724px
>>46824891
>Could I, say, blow up a moon with the Vanguard Cannon?

No, but you could do massive damage to a fleet of similar speced ships, out right destroying smaller vessels and leaving larger ones with just a slither of health

>>46824854
Nah, I came late to the party, so I don't have my memory tarnish thankfully.

UI is still laggy as all fuck though, they really need to do this on a better engine, and I can't believe they don't have the skills to pull it off. I mean they got a TBS working on the mother fucking Ren'Py engine, that takes some effort.

>>46824953
>Hey, it's not his fault his father is a psychopathic incubus.

I just gave you a solution anon.

Light a man a fire and keep him warm for a night
Set a man on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.
>>
>>46825014
Oh. Why didn't I think about that sooner, sealing and binding to another dimension isn't that hard for my build actually. :L
>>
>>46825075
Neat, thanks.
>>
>>46825088
You're missing the point. Darkseid IS a conceptual weapon, himself. He's the embodiment of (among other things) the futility of violence as a way of causing meaningful change for the better. You don't defeat that by applying violence to it, even if it's conceptual violence.
>>
>>46825075
Hey Red, question about the Nerf jump: I remember you said that as a feature all powers and weapons could be nerfed(no pun intended) to the level of nerf stuff. Say I went to the OT jump, whenever it's made, grabbed the Death Star blueprints, and made a Death Star via the Light of Terra ACU. What would the Nerf Death Star do? Specifically, the superlaser.
>>
>>46825088
What I was going for initially, but I might change the outcome of that jump to something less intense.
>>
>>46825103
Well women have a naturally lower body temperature, so why don't you sisters bestow the gift of fire upon each other? You need it more than he does.
>>
File: batman-shoots-darkseid.jpg (1MB, 1058x1620px) Image search: [Google]
batman-shoots-darkseid.jpg
1MB, 1058x1620px
>>46825130
>Don't defeat Darkseid with violence
Riiiiiiiight. Seriously, the drawback only needs you to defeat him once for it to end and that's shown to be possible, whether through Radion or just being outright more powerful.
>>
File: 1441501724228.jpg (301KB, 688x964px) Image search: [Google]
1441501724228.jpg
301KB, 688x964px
>>46825163
We've got other methods of keeping warm at night heretic.
>>
>>46825130
Anon, you don't understand. That doesn't matter. The SotC is literally divine Fiat. When wielded within the correct purview, it's designed to let mortals defeat cosmic entitties. The cosmic embodiment of evil and tyranny will get his ass handed to him on a melted silver platter.

Of course, no jumper is pure enough to be a True Knight of the Cross, so it's irrelevant.
>>
File: 1449857768759.jpg (194KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449857768759.jpg
194KB, 1280x720px
>>46825103
>Light
>Set
I dont see the difference.

>UI is still laggy as fuck
Sounds about right, still not as bad as the game shitting itself whenever you tried loading a battle file after updates or just booting it back up.
>>
>>46825153
Think you quoted the wrong person, mang.
>>
>>46825209
You know what would make you even hotter? Sex vampires.
>>
File: hellfire.gif (988KB, 500x267px) Image search: [Google]
hellfire.gif
988KB, 500x267px
>>46825213
Surely there must be a way to become so pure.

So much purer than the common, vulgar, weak, licentious crowd.
>>
>>46825188
Choosing that image only shows that you don't actually know the context behind it. All that did was destroy Darkseid's physical anchor in the possessed Dan Turpin. He was still active and causing trouble in Final Crisis after that, just not physically. Batman accomplished nothing, forsook his principles, and got turned into a trans-temporal weapon against all existence for his trouble. I hardly call that "defeating" Darkseid.
>>
>>46825266
Wasn't it Mandrakk that caused trouble after? You sure you're not mixing them up anon?
>>
>>46825188
Fucking Batman. Was Darkseid at least weakened there, or was the Batwank just insane?
>>
>>46825251
White Court a shit. Nothing good about those slutpires.
>>
>>46825213
Can't you use that Attitude perk from the Power Rangers jump? Besides, jumping the Generic Children's television jump as the Mr. Rogers expy might help.
>>46825209
That seems awfully lewd, sister.
>>46825251
>Vampires
Those are about as sexy as leeches, in my opinion.
>>46825265
HELLFIRE, DARK FIRE, NOW GYPSY IT'S YOUR TURN!
>>
>>46825266
Well that's good enough for winning the drawback.
>>
File: What is this.jpg (60KB, 522x438px) Image search: [Google]
What is this.jpg
60KB, 522x438px
>>46825229
The key word is a and on, which is hard for non native English speakers to get their head around.

I should have said Make a man a fire and Set a man on fire.

>>46825251
That's a matter of opinion, Personally I think Nuns with Guns out rank Vampires. They combine the desire for purity with the desire to purge the world of the unclean.

And if we go by metrics, we're both wrong. Werewolves are apparently a best.

>>46825294
>That seems awfully lewd, sister.
I-It's sanctioned lewdness, I swear!
>>
>>46825266
Well, he's also been defeated by both Doomsday and Superman with raw power, killed by the Black Racer and I think Orion beat him too. So you're mostly just wanking him super hard in that he's not impossible to beat with violence. Permanently kill maybe, at least without the right perks, but he's shown to have lost in physical fights repeatedly.
>>
>>46825276
I'm sure. Darkseid was still around. He appears in discorporeal form organizing his forces, taunting Superman and influencing people with the Anti-Life Equation. He was only defeated for good when he tried to claim the Miracle Machine for his own and got sung out of existence by Superman. It was a weird story.

>>46825277
Darkseid was weakened. Also, it didn't kill him, just set him free from his shell of a corpse. Darkseid wanted to be shot.
>>
>>46825041
Would you need a Motherbox/Fatherbox To close the Boom Tubes, or is there some sort of OoC perk/tech/magic that can no-sell, lock-out, or redirect dimensional portals?

I'd personally rather cut the Solar System, or even just the Earth, entirely off from the rest of the universe rather than try to face comic!Darkseid.
>>
>>46825343
>spoiler
I mean, dogs are better than bats, and Aela is hotter than Serana, so I'm not disagreeing. Just wondering what metrics you're referring to.
>>
>>46825348
No, I'm understanding the point of the character. I'm not saying you can't harm him. I'm saying that harming him is only doing what he wants. Even if you "defeat" him, he still wins.
>>
>>46825343
Oh, well in that case it's fine-
>Werewolves a best
Who spreads these lies?!
>>
>>46825348
We've had this guy flipping the fuck out about Darkseid lately. Like, he's attacked DDS Anon (who hasn't been seen since), and any anon that mentions Darkseid or something being able to beat Darkseid. I think Darkseid might be his waifu.
>>
File: 1459312608039.png (241KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1459312608039.png
241KB, 900x600px
>>46824193
Just letting you know this is making me want to play this and the Galaxy Angel series again.

Keep on being awesome.
>>
>>46825360
>sung out of existence by Superman
Oh. Okay. Huh. So, hpe many singing perks do we need to do that?
>>
>>46825413
>Anti-Spiral Gengars

3spooky
>>
>>46825407
Huh? I never attacked DDS Anon, I love that guy. I think there must be two of us, then.
>>
File: 1395591249011.jpg (74KB, 468x528px) Image search: [Google]
1395591249011.jpg
74KB, 468x528px
>>46825148
>Hey Red, question about the Nerf jump: I remember you said that as a feature all powers and weapons could be nerfed(no pun intended) to the level of nerf stuff. Say I went to the OT jump, whenever it's made, grabbed the Death Star blueprints, and made a Death Star via the Light of Terra ACU. What would the Nerf Death Star do? Specifically, the superlaser.
Man, I don't even know how the fuck people take things that big around, much less how the fuck that would work. I don't know.
>>
>>46825399
I think you might be completely missing the context then. Defeating him once means you beat the drawback and Darkseid is sealed off, thus the Jumper wins. Unless Darkseid's goal is to sit quietly and not cause trouble for the rest of the jump, I don't think he's going to count as winning.

>>46825407
Not the same person I think. The first one was brought up by DDS anon and used as an example of power but this guy is just arguing about him as a concept.
>>
>>46825379
The fucks an Aela
>>
File: 1441499879059.jpg (176KB, 900x636px) Image search: [Google]
1441499879059.jpg
176KB, 900x636px
>>46825379
>>46825406

My mother is a clinical nurse and she got the entire Accident and Emergency department reading erotica. According to my discussions in the break room, my sample size is about 200.

>>46825413
I tried turning it off once, but the switch is stuck.
>>
>>46825457
Giant fucking interplanetary laser-tag?
>>
>>46825464
That's... shameful and gross. Damn glad I'm not living anywhere near you and your wolf-humping family.
>>
>>46825462
Skyrim werewolf follower.
>>
File: Hold up.jpg (39KB, 222x336px) Image search: [Google]
Hold up.jpg
39KB, 222x336px
>>46825457
Then I shall have to figure out a way to make the effect as silly and comically harmless myself. Perhaps it-
>>46825481
Yeah, this. This works.
>>46825464
...what the actual fuck, sister.
>>
>>46825459
I get the context, I just don't think that "fulfilling the villain's plan" should count as beating him, even if you drive him off in the process. It is at best a mutual defeat for you both. But whatever. I don't think either of us will ever convince the other on this. How about we stop for now, keep from cluttering up the thread any further? Agree to disagree?
>>
>>46825513
Isn't she a frigid bitch?
>>
>>46825533
No? She's pretty hot-blooded and is cool to the PC once you prove you can do stuff.
>>
>>46825407
>Hasn't been seen since
Nah, I'm around. I just post anonymously unless it's about one of my jumps.
>>
>>46825533
Skyrim's a pretty chilly place so everyone's at the very least frigid.

And I guess since she is a canid she would be a bitch.

I know nothing about skyrim companions, only puns
>>
>>46825278
They are helping Best Daughteru save the world from the threat of now-nameless cosmic horrors. That's pretty good.
>>
>>46825659
>Best Daughteru
...Lara?
>>
File: 1459328873633.jpg (107KB, 800x905px) Image search: [Google]
1459328873633.jpg
107KB, 800x905px
>>46825499
Does this look like the face of a jumper who engages in that heresy?

>>46825517
Workers in the medical industry are broken anon.
>>
>>46825659
They're not doing it out of altruism. They're not 'good'. They're evil, disgusting monsters who happen to not want to die.
>>
>>46825702
I did say your family, not you.
>>
Oh right all this mecha talk reminds me, is Gotcha Force anon still around? I'm just curious if they just got hung up by life before they could finish the jump
>>
>>46825708
>actually believing in moral absolutism
>>
>>46825738
>Literally feed off of people's emotions, induce them falsely to feed off them better, and mindrape people on a whim.
>Not evil
>>
>>46825723
Your exact words were "You and your wolf-humping family."

It hurt anon.
>>
>>46825687
Ivy.

>>46825708
I'd rather a world with self-interested slutpires and no Old Ones than vice-versa.
>>
>>46825763
Well I wasn't trying to be nice.
>>
>>46825760
By that logic all humans are evil for systematically murdering and consuming other forms of life.
>>
>>46825769
I'd rather purge them in holy war at the soonest convenience.
>>
>>46825769
Okay, anon. Had me worried for a second. That implied you had a very...unorthodox relationship with your daughter.
>>
>>46825726
As far as I know, they're gone, anon. Just like Muyo. I haven't seen Heaven's Feel anon around either.
>>
>>46825806
Well now it's your responsibility to deal with the cosmic horrors and everyone who knows anything about them. Good luck.
>>
>>46825760
They don't have a choice about feeding off of peoples' emotions. They can try doing it Thomas' way, but try living a few weeks on nothing but tiny sips of water, no matter how thirsty you are, and see how long you can go before grabbing a bottle and drinking the fuck out of it.

>>46825806
You're worse than they'll ever be.

>>46825811
Lara's used to it.
>>
>>46825792
To be fair, we rarely eat sapient beings.
>>
>>46825379
I'm not sure if I like Aela or Serana more

>>46825533
Only if you don't help fight the Giant the first time you meet her, if you help fight it she's cool. And she's cool every time you talk to her after that fight either way.
>>
>>46825855
>Worse than people who murder and manipulate others at a whim for getting rid of the evil murderers and manipulators.
There is something deeply wrong with you.
>>
>>46825856
To be fair, we don't HAVE to eat sapient beings.
>>
>>46825856
Yeah, cows and chickens are pretty dim critters.
Pigs aren't though. They're actually quite intelligent. But it's their fault for tasting so damn good.
>>
>>46825891
All that argument proves is that the world is better off without the White Court, as they add nothing of value and only hurt other sapients. A sapient that hurts other sapiens doesn't deserve its life.
>>
File: Chaos.png (546KB, 697x612px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos.png
546KB, 697x612px
Law and the inquisition are awake. Post Chaos and heresy
>>
>>46825887
Maybe. But I'm not the one gleefully genociding an entire sapient species and condemning the entire world to an eternal waking nightmare.
>>
>>46825920
Everyone deserves life.
>>
>>46825911
Well when pigs are smart enough to talk, I'll... Probably not give up pork, to be honest. Probably just eat it in secret.
>>
>>46825920
Once you start making laws about who "deserves" life you're hurting others yourself.
>>
>>46825945
Who said anything about condemning the world? It's not convenient to kill them until you can afford to.

Also they're sapients that do evil, and thus deserve death. Just like rampaging orcs.

>>46825964
Aight, John Wayne Gacy.
>>
>>46825920
Can these vampires survive without killing humans?
Could they feed more carefully to curtail the affects of being fed on?
>>
File: Cultist-chan09.jpg (102KB, 600x481px) Image search: [Google]
Cultist-chan09.jpg
102KB, 600x481px
>>46825944
Proof of the sister committing unsanctioned Heresy.
>>
>>46825985
Pacifist jumper, unless you're cool with identity death you're either a hypocrite or already dead.

>>46826004
Any creature that has to kill sapients to live is more cost effective to kill. More sapient lives will be happy with its death than its continued life.
>>
>>46825944
I'm more Neutral myself, but I will gladly flip off the Cheese Head with you.
>>
>>46825991
Well, then you're going to have to wait a thousand years or so, because the Oblivion War isn't over until Ivy writes the last Old One out of her memory.

Also, you realize you're talking about using people as long as they're convenient, then killing them without mercy, in the same post that you're talking about sapients who do evil. Like I said, you're worse than they'll ever be. At least most of them don't pretend to be anything but monsters.
>>
>>46826013
>Kissing cultist
God that must taste like assholes, fish and bacon.
>>
>>46826004
Yeah. Thomas explicitly does that.

It's just less fulfilling, and most of them are raised to be sociopaths and think of humans as cattle.
>>
>>46826004
They can. But unless you can remove their Hunger, it's excruciating. Thomas likens it to being desperate for water after you've run so hard your lungs are almost bursting, then only taking the tiniest sip before snatching it away. Every single time.

But it is possible.
>>
>>46826039
There's supposed to be something wrong with using the villains to hold off an invasion? Am I supposed to stay their execution once they finish then let them run about willy nilly murdering, mind raping, and literally raping people?
>>
>>46826057
Well then just spread the movement.

It'll be like the Sharks in Finding Nemo.

>Humans are friends, not food!
>>
File: 1457976012610.png (295KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1457976012610.png
295KB, 1000x800px
>>46826013
Says here it's okay unless she kisses back
>>
>>46826004
Yeah, one character sets up a really popular hair salon and "sips" on people's life energy while giving haircuts/massages that feel really fucking good.
>>
>>46826100
But >>46826077
>>
File: 1441985198402.jpg (153KB, 818x1157px) Image search: [Google]
1441985198402.jpg
153KB, 818x1157px
>>46826091
Nothing about resisting sister? Or is it ok for you to just sit back and take it?
>>
>>46826025
...Ignoring the fact that they're a big part of the whole eldritch war thing and you ain't gonna get to end them until that shit's done.

This shit. This fucking shit is why I forced myself away from utilitarianism. This shit gets uncomfortable to think about when I'm an interdimensional super-duper gary stu and can actually follow up on my ideologies.
>>
>>46826110
Well okay then, how about the fact that Thomas steadily fed on Justine for years before Lara used and almost killed her, with no real problems? Hell, it was actually beneficial for her, iirc, because she had some type of mental health issue.
>>
>>46826085
Yeah. You're basically doing exactly what you're decrying them for doing - manipulating people, toying with their lives, then murdering them. If you were a real friend of justice, you wouldn't be pretending your only options were annihilating every last member of their species or letting them go around doing whatever the hell they wanted.
>>
>>46826162
So you want to induce brain damage in people so they can be vampire cattle?
>>
>>46826091
>IT'S NOT HERESY IF I DIDN'T KISS BACK
>>
>>46826172
So anon says he's cool with murder and rape as long as the guy doing it has done him a solid before. Nice morals.
>>
File: image.png (402KB, 892x958px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
402KB, 892x958px
>>46825944
Let me see what I got in the back.
Heresy, heresy, heresy. Nope. No heresy here. Closest thing I've got is hot blondes, but that's kind of the same thing isn't it?
>>
>>46826142
Yes.
>>
>>46826192
No you dolt, use them as a form of therapy in mental health care.
>>
>>46826192
No? That wasn't my point, anon. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Okay, imagine this. Instead of getting fat, human can stockpile food and burn through it to be superhuman for a while. They could still function with a smaller amount of food taken in steadily, but it wouldn't be as filling and they couldn't use theirnsupwehu!am powers as much.
>>
>>46826192
>What is a Strawman
That's not what he said.
He SAID light feeding was beneficial for someone due to previous mental health issues.
He DIDN'T say people should be psychologically crippled to serve as cattle.

Seriously anon. Can you even into reading comprehension?
>>
>>46826208
I don't even know whose side you're on.
>>
>>46826256
And it's spiritual torture for them to do so, ensuring you're not going to get all of them or even most to stick with it.
>>
>>46825011
You could just use the armory of planet busting bombs that exist on Apokolips, assuming you're even remotely competent. Everyone gets hyper focused on murdering the one guy, take out the planet works as one of the conditions to remove the problem. If it kills him or not is anyone's guess, but it's implied in series to be capable of destroying the place when Bats hacked them.

>>46825188
Or blow up the planet.

>>46825265
Skullgirls.
>>
>>46826284
Anon is telling me I'm wrong for killing off the monsters after they've served their purpose. But why? He and I both know they'll continue their horrible ways. Does he want me to wait until they hurt someone again and then kill them one by one as they sin? When each and every one ALREADY has uncountable crimes to their name? Doing that is basically being an accessory to what they do.
>>
>>46826297
Nonono, that's with the sipping from the hair clients. Taking a small amount steadily from someone is okay.

Thomas also has a one-night stand after he says that about starving and it fills him up much more. Iirc, the only effects it had on the woman was she was light-headed from pleasure the next morning.
>>
>>46826304
>Skullgirls
>Pure
How?
>>46826331
What about the ones that have redeemed themselves? And there has to be some who have done so.
>>
>>46826331
You sided with the Blades in Skyrim, didn't you? You heartless bastard.
>>
>>46826354
You mean the ONE who did it and put himself through torture for it?

>>46826368
Never played.
>>
File: 1459329334300.jpg (294KB, 612x782px) Image search: [Google]
1459329334300.jpg
294KB, 612x782px
>>46826142
Well, not in the same rule, but the dutiful sister would follow up with "thou shalt not suffer a witch to live."

You know you can actually cure degeneracy with a chainsaw up the ass.
>>
>>46826417
I'm not exactly familiar with the series, I just got into this conversation, but he can't be the ONLY one. I doubt these guys are all evil, there has to be more than one exception. Besides, like this anon said >>46826344, there are ways.
>>46826440
...Slaaneshi cultists would probably disagree with the chainsaw up the ass thing. They'd probably get off on it.
>>
>>46826503
It doesn't matter if the slaaneshi cultist gets off on it so long as it kills them.
>>
>>46826537
That is a fair point, though I'd imagine there are probably some of them who could survive it. I don't know HOW, but...
>>
>>46826588
Well, doing self-destructive things in pursuit of perfection and excess is Slaanesh's thing, so cultists that do so might get beneficial mutations that allow them to survive.
>>
>>46826503
>They'd probably get off on it.
Exactly!
They volunteer to get purged!
In the grimdarkness of the 41st millennium clever marketing can make the only war more efficient!
>>
>>46826503
>Anon wishes for me to spare killers because maybe his brother might be good maybe.
>>
131. Kingdom of Loathing
Class: Accordian Thief
Perks: Magical Me (-100), Free Range, Infusion (-400), Gentleman Thief (-200), Drop the Beat (-300)
Items: Beginner Go-Pak
Foreign Vs. Domestic (-600)
Drawbacks: Unfriendly (+100), Oxygenarian (+200), Eternal Loathing (+300)

Chimmy: Disco Bandit, Free Range, Dance Off (-300)
Falco: Sauceror, Magical Me, Candyblast (-100), Infusion (-200)
Roberta: Seal Clubber, Squats and Oatz, Deft Hands (-100), Sturdiness (-200)
Ko'el: Turtle Tamer, Squats and Oatz, Deft Hands (-100), Sturdiness (-200)
SoB: Seal Clubber, Squats and Oatz, Candy Blast (-100), Sturdiness (-200)
Asriel: Sauceror, Magical Me, Deft Hands (-100), Infusion (-200)
Isaac: Pastamancer, Magical Me, Armorcraftiness (-100), Infusion (-200)
Toby: Turtle Tamer, Squats and Oatz, Candy Blast (-100), Sturdiness (-200)

God, I'm so fucking hungry. Why'd the companion import have to be so expensive?

This world was fun the first 6 times I defeated the Naughty Sorceress and freed the king, but I got bored on time 7 and hung around for the rest of the jump. The vacation from my companions was nice. I left them in the first world, because they didn't even know I had ascended. They're great, but great things can get tiresome and you can need a break from them.

So, once you know the steps, the dance is pretty easy. It's rote. That's actually why I stopped playing the game in real life. How many ascensions does it take for someone not to care anymore is very different when it's your life on the line. And I only get two powersets that get reset every ascension. If I didn't have other powers to test out around here, I think I'd go insane. Hippies versus Fratboys is always fun, though.
>>
>>46826674
I'm not asking you to spare the evil ones, just the good ones. You said you were going to purge the entire race. That includes any good ones. Also, there are plenty of alternatives to genocide anyway, like the Goddess Seal.
>>
>>46826769
entire race of who
>>
>>46826769
Why seal them away instead of killing them?
>>
>>46826884
The "slutpires". That's a race. Well, I mean technically it's a sub-species, but the point stands.
>>46826961
Because genocide is wrong, and will probably backfire? Besides, you want the evil ones to pay, right? What's more painful than being trapped forever, with their hunger constantly gnawing at them, able to look out at the outside world but never reach it?
>>
>>46827004
Anon, saying genocide is wrong and then proposing an even worse, eternal torture on the entire species is pretty hypocritical.
>>
>>46827004
>Because genocide is wrong, and will probably backfire?
>What's more painful than being trapped forever, with their hunger constantly gnawing at them, able to look out at the outside world but never reach it?
Anon...
>>
>>46827040
>>46827049
Well, there's a difference in that I said the EVIL ones. So, unlike the previous idea, the good ones get to live, and whatever passes for infants won't get wiped out along with them. Besides, technically it's not ETERNAL, the seal can be released. So, if, IF, the evil ones ever repent, they can be released.
>>
>>46826304
I think people are really towards killing/harming Darseid directly because, well, if you could fight with darkseid and actually win? That's at least one of the coolest stories you could ever have in any chain. You fought the DC equivalent of entropy given form, whose sundered and ruled entire planets and won? It's pretty damn cool to simply have "Beat Darkseid" as a feat.
>>
>>46826674
>killing an entire species for being killers
Delicious.
>>
>>46827004
When dealing with non-humans, you sometimes have to realize you can't treat them like people because they're not. And sometimes they deserve to die, and genocide is a good answer.
>>
>>46827168
Did you run out of pictures, Sister anon?
>>
>>46827168
White Courts are literally just pretty humans with a parasite attached to tehir soul. They start out as baseline humans, and if the parasite is killed before it awakens, it falls off and they become baseline humans permanently.
>>
>>46827102
Being against genocide as immoral but a-ok with effectively endless torture (because sure, in theory it can be released but who's going to be the one to do it? Post-Spark Jumper?) is bad enough, but torturing people into "repenting" (ie, agreeing to go along with your moral code to make the pain stop)? Yeeesh.
>>
>>46827306
> but torturing people into "repenting" (ie, agreeing to go along with your moral code to make the pain stop)? Yeeesh.
I never expected the Spanish Inquisition would be in this thread.
>>
>>46827297
They're no longer human.
>>
>>46827168
Okay, hear me out on this: Look at these vampires. They cannot survive without feeding off others and thus hurting or even killing them, lest they live in agony or die. Now, I will agree the outright evil ones need to go down, but how is it fair to condemn a species to death just for the crime of existing? That's-
>>46827297
Wait, what. That's...That's it? Seriously? Well then just kill the parasite! Jeez.
>>46827306
You misunderstand me, I don't want to force them to repent, if they do, they do, I was just pointing out they could be released by someone even in-universe if they really change their ways and stop being evil. Being forced to feed on others is one thing, going out of your way to be a sadistic power hungry dick is another. Same reason Zod got imprisoned in the Phantom Zone, just...more painful..In fairness, I didn't know about the parasite. Also, you forget time freezes, and that genocide would be the permanent death of ALL of them, rather than just the evil ones. That, I thought, included innocent children and the good ones.
>>
File: 4GcvLc9.jpg (221KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
4GcvLc9.jpg
221KB, 700x525px
>>46827363
>They're no longer human.
>>
>>46827387
Well, that's easier said than done. In-universe the only know way is for the very first feeding to force them to feed on the emotion that's toxic to them.
>>
>>46827473
Well, okay, that's a thing, but don't we have that one perk from Darkstalkers that allows us to punch out those kinds of things, force them outside the body? And we can teach that technique to others, right? So what about that?
>>
Other than Edgy Mangoes or beings Jinchuriki, how can I get a huge spiritual avatar I can operate from the inside like a magical bastardized mecha?
>>
>>46827499
That...actually seems fucking perfect.
>>
Jesus, this thread is full of Bismuth Jumpers today.
>>
>>46827581
Evangelion, of course, and combine it with other magitech to have some sort of soul-construct rather than an organic one.
>>
>>46827387
The vampires being told or driven to kill doesn't absolve them of crime.
>>
>>46827581
You could go to Shaman King, giant spiritual mecha are a common feature of advanced Over Souls. They're actually considered a midway point in OS development, though, you're expected to eventually compact it down to a suit of armor. Same amount of energy, smaller form, means that your power gets a lot denser and everything you do with it is stronger. Still, giant OS's are far from weak. They're just not the strongest thing you can do with an Over Soul.
>>
>>46827659
When was it ever not edgy as shit.

Let's just be serious for a second, it takes a rare person here to somehow not be as sharp as razor blades.
>>
>>46827680
>Shaman King
I can't find it on the drive. Anyone have a copy?
>>
>>46827733
So Spyro anon?
>>
>>46827733
Am I the only one who just wants to sightsee my way through the multiverse rather than bringing blood, pain, and death everywhere I go?
>>
>>46827659
I kind like this kind of discussion instead of the normal shitpost. I mean it is pretty amusing when the anon try to convenience the other anon that genocide is bad but turn out that anon was the SPANISH INQUISITOR ALL ALONG!!!!
>>
>>46827786
No anon you aren't the only one since I'd rather travel and explore.
>>
>>46827783
South America.
>>46827786
Personally? Same, with the added goal of fixing broken settings when I can.
>>46827790
NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INSQUISITANON! Besides, now we have a solution to that problem! >>46827499
>>
>>46827790
I know, that was pretty funny.

>Anon, genocide is bad.
>No, they deserve it.
>It's bad.
>It's fine.
>Bad.
>Nah.
>GENOCIDE IS BAD ALL THEY DESERVE IS TO BE TORTURED FOREVER.
>>
>>46827827
Right I forgot about that. You'd think he would get some exercise after that but NOOOOO!
>>
>>46827733
Hey!

I'm on jump 12 and I haven't killed anyone. I mean, I've ruined the life of a bunch of people with my charisma, but they were criminals and I did it by bringing their crimes to light. Well, nevermind the Illuminati-wannabes in modern worlds. Those I ruined the lives of by calling up witch hunts and revolutions since they controlled too much to go to jail normally.

I rolled FR though so I'll probably start racking up kills real soon.

When in Faerun, do as the Faerunners do. Or something. So I guess you're right anyway?
>>
>>46827827
>South America
Big is beautiful.
>>
>>46827733
I'm not edgy. At least, I don't think I am.
I don't care about being able to tear apart planets with my bare hands or being able to roflstomp Darkseid/Scion/GIRAGUMESH/SCP-682.

I just want to make stuff.
Stuff the size of planets, made out of materials that straddle the lines between organic and inorganic, between mundane and spiritual, between REAL and UNREAL!

I WILL BE A GOD OF CREATION! MUAH-HAH-HAH-hurk-koff. Sorry. I have a condition.
>>
>>46827849
>When in Faerun, do as the Faerunners do.
Build a wall and make the atheists pay for it?
>>
>>46827884
Holy shit. Trump is FR deity. It all makes sense now.
>>
>>46827733
I try not to be. I probably am, though. Too many worlds feature death much too casually for it not to happen. At least I'm not permanently edgy or tortured or whatever.

I think I've just sort of settled for being a functional person with some respect for others and the ability to just be happy and enjoy things that aren't edgy.
>>
File: WALL.jpg (93KB, 637x611px) Image search: [Google]
WALL.jpg
93KB, 637x611px
>>46827884
Wall?
>>
File: Final boss the wall.gif (3MB, 385x280px) Image search: [Google]
Final boss the wall.gif
3MB, 385x280px
>>46827908
>>
>>46827923
those fucking feels man, I don't need this crap this early.
>>
>>46827923
...that was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.
>>
Can you pick and choose what parts of a magic system get combined with Conjoined Conjures? Could you combines parts of the Dresden system with another system, but leave out the water weakness and corruption?
>>
>>46828104
nope
>>
>>46827983
There was a sequel to this that I can't find where Anon fights the son of the wall named THE BRICK.
>>
>>46828188
Any way you can sidestep those weaknesses in the Dresden system?
>>
>>46828198
Where did this all come from?! It's fantastic!
>>
>>46828249
No clue I just found this on one of the towergirl threads and I am not sure if it was from them or not.
>>
>>46828262
>Towergirl
Oh, I get it now. Wall, princess, final boss, anon, it's all coming together now. You thought the dragon was the big bad? NAH.
>>
File: 1452945589505.jpg (299KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1452945589505.jpg
299KB, 768x1024px
>>46828285
>>46828262
>>>Towergirls
Nnnope, it's originally from /v/. From one of those 'save the princess threads'.
You should be able to tell from the first frame.
>>
>>46828416
...how? Actually, forget that, do you have the Brick sequel, anon?
>>
File: 1452350830002.png (16KB, 958x660px) Image search: [Google]
1452350830002.png
16KB, 958x660px
>>46828460
I've seen it around but never saved it. Sorry, anon.
>>
>>46828460
>...how?
Doge is mysterious creature. Do not question doge.
>>
>>46828495
Eh, it's all right. Can't blame you for that.
>>46828540
Oh, I'm sorry, I meant no offense to the almighty doge.
>>
Digital Devil Saga - 552
Background: Drop-In
Drawbacks: Get that Jumper! (Mandatory), Silent Protagonist (+200), Chronic Bat Stabbing Disorder (+200)
Final Point Count: 1,400 CP

Perks:
-Familiar Face (Free)
-Mind Over Body
-Mother
-Music Soothed The Savage Demon

Companions and Others:
-Stylish Outfit (Free)
-Lyrics Sheet
-The Egg
-15,000 Macca
-Companion Import Option (400 CP)

Help.

I have literally never played an SMT or related game in my life.

What am I doing. What am I supposed to be doing. Should I just scrap this.
>>
>>46828618
W-well, good news is that you're jumping what may be the most low powered SMT game besides SMT 1, plus no one actually wants you dead due to your role. Bad news is that part 2 is both unfinished and much, much harder. God/Brahman is the final boss, though he is holding back as a test. And you actually have to get to him. Maybe wait till part 2 is finished?
>>
>>46828618
>What am I doing.
Rending! Slaughtering! Devouring your enemies!

>What am I supposed to be doing
Rending! Slaughtering! Devouring your enemies!
>>
>>46828618
Leave 553 empty since there's still Part 2.

You're the guy who has the plot device powers, so noone's gonna try to kill.

Unfortunately, you're the guy with the plot device powers, which means everyone wants your dick.
>>
IS there a general idea / consensus on the size of the various ships in Sins of a Solar Empire?
>>
>>46828670
>part 2 is both unfinished and much, much harder. God/Brahman is the final boss, though he is holding back as a test. And you actually have to get to him

Fuck me.

Leaving Part 2 a slot at 553 and just chillin' until it's done.

>>46828691
FUCK ME.

>>46828700
>Leave 553 empty since there's still Part 2.

Sounds good.

>You're the guy who has the plot device powers, so noone's gonna try to kill.

Sounds even better to me, I'm just trying to help with as little violence as possible.

>Unfortunately, you're the guy with the plot device powers, which means everyone wants your dick.

...Okay so you know those first two responses in this post? Yeah could we just scratch those out. I'm a taken hound who wants no trouble and unfortunately has a tendency to wind up in very bad situations due to an immense amount of Misfortune Energy.
>>
>>46828802
Oh, and guess what? As a Drop-In, you were responsible for the apocalypse featured in part 2, along with your sister Sera, because you were being experimented on and tortured by a mad scientist who wanted God's power, who tricked you and your sister to the point where she fell in love with the mask. His assistant TRIED to save you two, but the first guy had him shot. You and your sister's anguish was fed to God, who declared that mankind must die, with the scientist being the first victim, turned into a demon while others are turned into stone. This led to the Karma Society taking over, turning the remnants of the world into a dictatorship. You two fled into the digital world, the Junkyard.
>>
>>46828802
Uh, for the record (there's settings up for jumping where you could take it literally) the thing about people wanting your dick is metaphorical.

>>46828866
Man I don't know for sure how DSAnon's handling it, but if he adds both of the propositions for true Drop-Ins I pity anyone who actually chooses to not be born in that world.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (14KB, 600x434px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
14KB, 600x434px
>>46828866

>mfw I was wanting to avoid being a bloodthirsty monster to avoid losing control and wreaking more damage than was necessary

I'm just gonna go crawl into my hole and die, k.
>>
>>46828929
Correct me if I'm wrong, but one was just popping in with no memories or demon form, and the other was the adoption one where you go through all that shit, right?
>>
>>46828975
Yeah. The problem with the first is that you're completely justifying God's decision in ending humanity due to the implication of you choosing to not be born there.
>>
>>46828963
Technically, you're not. You just had the bad fortune of being telepathically connected to God at the same time as suffering a horrible trauma. It's not your fault that God decided to kill everyone as a response to that.
>>
File: Mirai.jpg (194KB, 1000x760px) Image search: [Google]
Mirai.jpg
194KB, 1000x760px
>>46827659
I'm a hero of liberty and justice
it's like the opposite of edge
Aside from the vampire purgings I guess
>>
132. Elder Scrolls Skyrim
Origin: Mage, Age: 32, Race: Argonian, Standing Stone: The Mage
Perks: Histskin, Clever Craft, Impact (-100), Dual Casting (-150), Master of the Arcane [Restoration](-300), Thu'um (-600)
Hail Companion (-200)
Prophecy: Destroy the Dark Brotherhood
Drawbacks: Arrow to the Knee (+100), Ebony Warrior (+300)

Chimmy: Orsimer Warrior, Smith, Soldier
Falcomon: Dunmer Thief, Heat Resistant, Stealth
Roberta: Khajiit Warrior, Whispering Fang Style, Soldier
Toby: Argonian Mage, Histskin, Clever Craft
Ko'el: Bosmer Thief, Archer, Stealth
SoB: Redguard Warrior, Swordsman, Soldier
Asriel: Breton Mage, Dragonskin, Clever Craft
Isaac: Nord Mage, Battle Cry, Clever Craft

I don't really like the Dark Brotherhood. Reveling in death is just dumb. There's enjoying the challenge of it, there's doing your duty, there's doing it because it's right, there's even money if that's how you roll, but killing to kill is the stupidest shit I've ever heard of. And, really, it had the only reward I wanted.

So, first things first, find the Dragonborn and help them stop Alduin. I rolled a d10 for race; Nord, a d10 for his homeland; Skyrim, a d4 for Origin; Warrior, flipped a coin for his side in the war; Stormcloaks, and flipped a coin for gender; male. So, my random Dragonborn is the Nordiest Nord to ever Nord. He likes Nord things like disrespecting cleverness. He's stubborn and dumb and I kind of hate him. But he got the job done, I guess. I was at least able to convince him to leave the war until after we deal with the dragons, and then Miraak. We even hunted out the Wordwalls together.

We ended up on opposite sides of the war, though. I couldn't bring myself to kill him, and his Thu'um was a thing of beauty, but the Nerevarine killing Ulfric was enough to end it. I also ended up sleeping with the Ebony Warrior. Competing super-luck lead to us both getting lucky. That was nice.
>>
>>46829010
Oh boy, God is going to be pissed. And the problem with the second, is that you go through all the shit Sera did in canon. That must be horrible.
>>
>>46829010
>justifying God's decision in ending humanity due to the implication of you choosing to not be born there.
"I don't really want to get extra families to worry about and false-memories and retcons to worlds and so on, so you should kill everyone."
Wow, what a gigantic faggot god.
>>
>>46829063
>>46829012
>>46829010
So what's stopping anon from trying to change things in Part 2 by re-establishing the link and showing that even people who were tortured can display kindness and compassion? You'd think seeing the ability to forgive would go a long way.

If nothing else, get the MC kids to kill him.
>>
>>46829096
It's SMT God, why are you surprised? He's always a dick, even the nicer versions of him!
>>46829098
It's...complicated. You're not powerful enough to do it on your own, there's a system that enhances your telepathic ability. It also hurts worse than anything ever, enough to nearly kill Sera several times, and leaves her near crippled for a while. In fact, if I remember right, Heat states that she can't survive outside the EGG due to constant experiments. Could be remembering wrong.
>>
>>46829098
How do you think you win the game? That's the canon ending, man. But you'll have to get your way through the army of demons trying to prevent you from accessing the Solar Core where God lives, first.
>>
>>46829155
>>46829158
...huh. So Heart really is an awesome power.

One of the most bullshit settings, and you can win just from being Mr. Rogers.
>>
>>46829227
Well, sort of, you still have to fight God. It's SMT, you don't get through an SMT game without having to fight God at least once. But then once you've stopped him from destroying the world he calms down and you can convince him to stop for good.
>>
>>46829227
Actually, I hadn't thought about it but yeah. They only fight him as the final boss because A.I. Heat killed A.I. Serph, which basically caused the first incident all over again. So maybe you don't have to fight him, just the Karma Society.
>>
>>46829155
>He's always a dick, even the nicer versions of him!
There's "being a dick" and then there's just being fucking retarded. "Some being from outside all of existence just wandered into my world, guess I better kill everyone" falls into the latter.
>>
>>46829267
While that's true, just trying to distract him enough to keep him from blowing up the world is a hell of a lot easier than needing to outright kill him.
>>
>>46829267
Hey now, you don't fight God in SMT1. You just murder most of his followers and the Archangels.

Well, three of them are optional fights but we can chalk it up to a gameplay thing.
>>
>>46829314
To be fair, Sera would have made him go berzerk like in canon anyway, you're just making it worse by telling him you were too good to be born in his world, supposedly.
>>
>>46829227
Well I mean, just look at the origins.

Drop-In is pretty much right out the bat different compared to both demonic origins - the other two are VIOLENCE VIOLENCE VIOLENCE, while DI is HELP ALL THE THINGS, SOOTHE THE INSANITY, BE A NICE PERSON.
>>
If I'm an Awakened Being in Claymore, but have perks that mean I don't have to eat, do I still have to eat human guts?
>>
>>46829340
>you were too good to be born in his world, supposedly.
That's retarded. If we were "too good to be born in his world" we just wouldn't take the jump. There are all kinds of reasons for going Drop In, saying it's just that is a blatant strawman.
>>
In the PS238 jump, does the Nothing Special drawback give you CP, or count against your limit, if you got it from buying FISS?

Also, can you get time travel, like Tom (one of the characters) has, with Rainmaker Kid?
>>
>>46829551
Hey, I get you man. But the guy's throwing a temper tantrum right now, he ain't exactly thinking clearly right now. Besides, I think that was made because some anons wanted a real Drop-In, DSanon said it was impossible due to how the Atma avatars worked. Others suggested the two ideas I mentioned, and some anon expanded on that by saying that would piss off Brahman/God.
>>
>>46829551
He's mainly upset that two siblings were so horrifically tortured and betrayed by their own people. what was done to you disgusts him into omnicidal rage. Anything after that is going to add onto it, no matter if you think you can 'logic' it to be reasonable. He's not in a reasonable mood.
>>
>>46829622
>But the guy's throwing a temper tantrum right now, he ain't exactly thinking clearly right now.
And how exactly is he supposed to know we chose to be Drop In over any other option (that is, for Jumper's that actually make that choice, rather than the numerous Jumpers that are written as undergoing the process automatically or in some way they don't understand, or just having options picked for them by the Benefactor)? The mindlink that would clearly explain their reasons for making that choice? It's clearly just inserting bias against a personal choice, and poor jumpmaking.
>>
hey im trying to be a immortal smith that gives heros their grand items to go out in the world . what are the best survival and blacksmith perks out there?
>>
>>46829517
It may make it easier to abstain, but awakened beings don't eat human guts because they need it as food, it's because in truth they are a parasite that needs flesh to inhabit. They break down the flesh they are in overtime and as they use their power and have to replace it. It's possible to abstain though, Priscilla though an oddity, didn't eat any for 7 years, and though she was, presumably, very hungry, all that happened to her really was she shrank. Regeneration powers may actually help more that not needing to eat. As well regardless of if you do need to eat human flesh, the Awakened beings crave human flesh the more they use their powers.
>>
>>46825457
I hope it makes it a mountain size foam arrow
>>
>>46829691
>This anon is this fucking assblasted god is mad at him.
Explain yourself better, because you just look like you're being childish about a drawback.
>>
The Black Night drawback in GLTAS - is it operating on comics power level or GLTAS power level.

I can guess it's likely comics, but you've made some questionable choices before so I'm just getting shit worked out for real.
>>
>>46829698
>the best survival perks
Common sense, purchaseable in a number of jumps (though the only one I can remember off the top of my head is Twilight).
>>
>>46829691
Well, that's-
>Poor jumpmaking
Now hold on, that's not exactly fair. That wasn't the jumpmaker's idea, and we don't know if he's going to put it in or not. I'm just bringing up what the thread talked about. Also, this >>46829660.
>>
>>46829753
The only other jumps I can think of where you can buy common sense are Changeling, and Akame ga Kill.
>>
>>46829698
The Drop-in capstone from Darksiders
>>
>>46829746
Making a "god is mad at you" drawback the only way to go actual Drop In is the issue, you blithering moron. If "if you go up to god and tell him you're not from his world, could have been and decided not to be because it's shit he'll get mad at you" was listed as a possible natural consequence of a True Drop In drawback that would be one thing, but "oh he just somehow knows you could have had a different origin but didn't take it, and interprets it in the worst way possible regardless of your reasons, and you can't just tell him why you took it because reasons" being the only way to not have a bunch of memories of some clone with a completely different life and (depending on origin and perks) potentially personality being shoved in your head and having a significant effect on your thoughts and personalities is just fucking spite at people having fun a way you don't want. How would you like a jump that had a drawback that enforced a nigh-omnipotent being that tries to murder you if being the only way to get a non-Drop In backround?
>>
>>46829752
It /should/ be GLTAS, but I agree you may need confirmation from many himself.

If the show hadn't been cancelled they probably would have gotten to their own Blackest Night, though I imagine Sinestro would have been the main villain for most of the season.
>>
>>46829759
>Now hold on, that's not exactly fair. That wasn't the jumpmaker's idea, and we don't know if he's going to put it in or not.
Good thing I didn't say it was poor jumpmaking by DDS anon, I said it was poor jumpmaking (or an attempt at it) on the part of the guy insisting that it has to make god hate you because REASONS! As it is, I wouldn't trust that anon to run a lemonade stand, since he's apparently incapable of not pissing in the cup of anyone who likes their lemonade differently than he does. "No ice?! Well, you can't have lemonade without additives, so here's your additive right here!" *ZIP*
>>
>>46829822
To be fair, he's trying to murder EVERYONE anyway. The expanded idea was that you just made him want to kill everyone harder because of what he saw as "arrogance". He's not focusing on you. Again, the jumpmaker himself hasn't made a ruling on it yet, these were just ideas suggested to him, and there was another idea as well, so calm yourself.
>>
>>46829871
So yes, you're extremely upset that a drawback makes god mad at you, and are being childish about it.
>>
>>46829871
>>46829879
Never mind, I see where you're going now, ignore my post. Er, at least part of it.
>>
>>46829879
No calm.

Absolutely no chill here.
>>
>>46829879
This guy is going to whine no matter what, you just know it.
>>
>>46829888
See
>>46829822

Ignoring posts you can't argue against is pretty childish, anon.
>>
Where can I get some cool body art perks like The Tatau from Farcry, the Kung Fu perk from Generic Western, and the birthmark from Jojo?
>>
>>46830015
God of War can get you some cool tattoos for 50 CP. You can copy the man himself if you want but you can use an original design too.
>>
>>46827581
Way late, but ninjanon has stated before that is you get six paths senjutsu you can eventually learn how to make a battle avatar like Asura.
>>
>>46824193
Seriously what's the deal with Claude? What exacfly is there more to her?
>>
>>46824376
About as badass as the average Blank considering they outright delete Warp energy by standing near it.
>>
>>46824766
>melta to the face

Congratulations, you've pissed off Harry Dresden and potentially Michael Carpenter by extension. Because Thomas is Harry's brother, and more importantly the only White Court Vampire trying to not feed lethally. And both of the above are both strong contenders for humanity's greatest champion against the endless xeno hordes.
>>
>>46830015
Fable has Hero of Will granting Will Lines. Neat little blue patterns for your whole body.
>>
>>46830015
Warhammer Fantasy: Dogs of War has a magical Warpaint item, as well as two race/class options that make heavy use of the item: Savage Orcs and Wood Elf Wardancers (other Orcs and Wood Elves use them as well, though to a lesser extent). There are a few other options from the same jump that use similar paints, if less explicitly magical, and other decorations; Ogres, as well as some Dark Elves and/or Chaos servants use warpaints, tattoos and piercings; Lizardmen (especially Saurus) make fairly heavy use of jewellery, including piercings, and some paint; Dwarves in general and Slayers in particular use tattoos, jewellery and fancy hair/beard decoration; and of course fanatical followers of Sigmar and the Dark Gods go in for tattoos, scarrification, mutiliation and so on.
>>
>>46830015
taking the Outsider's offer in Dishonored grants you the mark on the hand inb4 everybody gets uppity and yells at me for dishonoring the benefactor waifu

going Siren in Borderlands gets you the blue tattoos of... fuck, I can't remember what culture they're based off of. but they're related to your Phase power.

Mark of the Ninja has the Demon Ink Tattoos.
>>
>>46830015
Command Seals from both Fate/ jumps.
>>
>>46830437
>benefactor waifu
I'm pretty sure that we're the Benefactor's waifu.
>>
File: 1450757656568.jpg (174KB, 788x1014px) Image search: [Google]
1450757656568.jpg
174KB, 788x1014px
>>46830269
>And both of the above are both strong contenders for humanity's greatest champion against the endless xeno hordes.

Victory is not so sweet as to be purchased at the price our humanity.
The abomination must die. All abominations must die.

>>46830223
Pink is the danger my friend
>>
>>46830790
Okay no seriously, is she just batshit crazy or is she an actual threat on par with the cyborg hivemind? Just answer the question.
>>
>>46830803
One of the prototypes say something about her being able to think universes into existence. But she's just dicking around for keks.Minimum power level would be about the same as Q from Star Trek, but it's possibly higher than that.
>>
>>46829822
>>46829871
>>46829879
>>46829888

Unless I'm misremembering things the original idea was less 'God hates you', and more that it might make things harder to change their mind do to the telepathic message. Basically less

>God - "I will smite you for not being born into my world."

and more

>God - "Wtf why are you trying to tell me to not fix this mess? Seriously this is a stupid prank. You didn't even want to be one of them. Stop bothering me and I don't know go collect plutonian moon rocks or whatever it is that you interdimensional tourists do. I'm busy fixing my world here."
>>
File: Antispiraldetermined.png (340KB, 767x617px) Image search: [Google]
Antispiraldetermined.png
340KB, 767x617px
>>46824193
Drawbacks: Heretic, Hidden Machinations Unlimited Paperwork (1500)

Rolled Tydaria

Star Ship Captain (1400)

Delegation (Free)
Chain of Command Made Easy (1100)
Engineering Iteration (700)
Ryuvian Genetic Marker (600)
Just According to Keikaku (TL Note: Keikaku means plan in Japanese) (0)

We don't care what this world's leading military minds think. Melee is NOT relevant in space combat. And the closest we're making to a concession for that is a large-scale Safeguard sword-type artificial causality weapon. Which is still technically ranged, but is kept in its' nullspace sheathe for the absurd circumstances that SOMEHOW REQUIRE A FUCKING SIDEARM IN THE MIDDLE OF SUBLIMINAL COMBAT.

Seriously, what are these machines even made of.

You know what, fuck it. We have Cave 8 tech. Our drones can snipe people from a private folded subspace pocket. Let's get some personal space, up in this space war-place.

Erm. Anyway, as for our stay we'll...go on a treasure hunt? What with the paperwork plagues and all there's not much motivating a Neutral Rimmian captain to stick around when both sides are kind of awful. Maybe terraform some uninhabited planets for a hobby. Maybe create some, it's a big universe out there.

Keep the best artifacts, sell the ones we don't need or want to the highest bidder and establish a black market for the things. Once we get a psychic drone mass productions unit up and running, we should be able to beat the rush before the other Ryuvians come snooping for relics. And over the course of 10 years our superior dimensional gestalt pardigm portal network will be the foundation of a not-exactly-criminal empire transcending war and politics, to steer both empires into-well, we'll figure out the exact goals once we've a chance to assess the situation. The point is, there's nothing in this universe with the slightest chance of impeding our keikak-
>>
>>46830935
>You didn't even want to be one of them.
Which, again, doesn't even make sense since you, you know, took the jump to come and spend time in the world among them. Doing it as yourself- not as a being from beyond the world suddenly coming in and overwriting a modified clone of itself that grew up there- shouldn't change that.
>>
File: spookyface.jpg (177KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
spookyface.jpg
177KB, 640x480px
>>46830845
>spoiler

...okay then.

Alright, that's. That's certainly unexpected.

>>46830437
Eh, we've a professional relationship with our Benefactor anyway, and we took the Outsider's offer.

She wasn't happy, but between she knows we're already courting future benefactors for post-Spark.

Really she was just being exasperated about our standards for a patron since the Outsider used to be an ordinary abused human boy who became the Void's avatar whereas Jubileus and YHVH are respectable, established pedigrees in the lawful cosmic being community.

>>46823404
To be honest it was less "kill" and more "fuse into".
>>
>>46830981
>Modified clone
What's with the most anal people here and their weird and intentionally harsh interpretations of everything? I've noticed it before, the people that are the most prone to complaining always make everything related to jumping as dark and miserable as possible for themselves.
>>
File: 1442203601_Yandere Ava.png (227KB, 1024x743px) Image search: [Google]
1442203601_Yandere Ava.png
227KB, 1024x743px
>>46831026
Any day I halt the advance of your war on Liberty is a good day anti-spiral

Also you're forgetting something about what ever your plans are
>>
>>46831058
...You mean, like saying that taking Drop In offends God?
>>
>>46829581
no to all.
>>
>>46831081
I'm wondering about you, anon. Don't deflect.
>>
>>46830981

I should probably clarify.

I was kind of assuming that God being the guy probably in charge of the reincarnation cycle would notice your not from their world but could have been during the 'convinced it to destroy humanity' telepathic message, but not the details they shouldn't have access to.

They would also find this information out at the same time they decide to cause the apocalypse do to you being tortured.

I then assume that from the information it would have available God would assume you a. didn't want to be one of them and b. were absolutely correct in not wanting to be one of those in its opinion horrible things.

Meanwhile you also can't act as 'proof' that their not all bad because your not one of them.

Or in simpler terms I'm assuming the God throwing a temper tantrum would likely use the fact that they could use you to justify their tamper tantrum as an excuse to ignore everyone telling them to calm down and stop acting like a child.
>>
What jumps let me tinker with magical artifacts and spells, changing their properties?
>>
Just to say, if the author of https://jumpchain.wordpress.com/ is still around, I'm enjoying the tales of your exploits.
>>
>>46831427
An anon gave her a hard time yesterday, said she didn't know if she'd be back.

Guy was so worked up about something that didn't matter much in the long run that he turned into a screaming chode. Happens a lot.
>>
>>46831157
>I'm wondering about you, anon.
Really? I'm arguing against a worst-possible-interpretation being the default assumption, so obviously I'm taking the most intentionally harsh, dark and miserable interpretation of everything? Do you ever listen to what you're saying, anon?

>>46831169
>would notice your not from their world but could have been during the 'convinced it to destroy humanity' telepathic message, but not the details they shouldn't have access to.
That doesn't make any sense at all. You're being inserted in there by Benefactor Fiat, the only way it should be able to tell you had the option is if a: the Benefactor tells it (which could be an optional CP granting drawback, but should not be the default state for Drop In) or b: you tell it, in which case you would obviously also tell it WHY you made that choice, and that you didn't actually have to come there in the first place.
Unless you go full ASA, you're still going to be a human interacting with humans, so the whole "didn't want to be one of them or have anything to do with them" thing falls apart; you literally came from a place outside it's (considerable) reach to interact with the humans of the setting.
>Meanwhile you also can't act as 'proof' that their not all bad because your not one of them.
Any more than you can act as proof that they're not all bad when you're a being from another reality pretending to be one of them another way.

>Or in simpler terms I'm assuming the God throwing a temper tantrum would likely use the fact that they could use you to justify their tamper tantrum as an excuse to ignore everyone telling them to calm down and stop acting like a child.
By that logic, obviously the God throwing a temper tantrum about its toys being terrible will find out that you came in and had another superpowerful being retroactively meddle with its toys to insert a being that doesn't really care about the place and will be gone in 10 years with the best stuff. Pissed off: maximum.
>>
>>46831463
Your justification is 'just because I don't want to be a fake clone with fake memories!' , that's pretty much the worst possible interpretation of jump and background mechanics. So yeah, you're being intentionally dark and miserable about it.
>>
>>46831469
No, my argument was that that was one (of many) reasons people might not want to be a different origin that had nothing to do with not wanting to be a part of the setting.
>>
>>46831457
What also happens a lot is people like you exaggerating and misrepresenting past arguments. Try to stop that yeah?
>>
>>46831193
Guru from Chrono Trigger could work
>>
>>46831503
Your argument wasn't the problem anon, the way you went about it was.
>>
>>46831725
Not the same guy anon, just pointing out that your a liar.
>>
>>46831427
I'm enjoying it too. If you're here though, the Elder Scrolls story is missing.
>>
>>46831463
Or c) it reads your mind, if it can.
>>
Is there any way to make it so Angels and Humans can coexist peacefully in NGE?
>>
>>46831757
No. That's the point.
>>
>>46831463

>That doesn't make any sense at all. You're being inserted in there by Benefactor Fiat, the only way it should be able to tell you had the option is if a: the Benefactor tells it (which could be an optional CP granting drawback, but should not be the default state for Drop In) or b: you tell it, in which case you would obviously also tell it WHY you made that choice, and that you didn't actually have to come there in the first place.

I'm assuming it would notice your soul is not part of the reincarnation cycle when you during your time in the jump accidentally convince it to destroy the world.

That idea was to make the 'background events' of the not actually a drop in background where your horribly tortured into convincing God to destroy the world something that would instead occur during your in jump time.

Sure maybe I'm wrong and God won't notice that stuff when it's mentally listening in on you, but if not that instead looks like it's creations horribly torturing a visitor and/or a completely new being. Which still looks rather bad.

>Unless you go full ASA, you're still going to be a human interacting with humans, so the whole "didn't want to be one of them or have anything to do with them" thing falls apart; you literally came from a place outside it's (considerable) reach to interact with the humans of the setting.

Technically this kind of depends on if you view metaphysically different humans as the same or not. Sure their both called humans, but their not exactly the same.

Although if you manage to keep what you are a secret while it's listening in on you. You would probably look even less human do to being a completely new soul.

Then again in hindsight I might be overestimating Gods competence.

Although technically if this idea gets used you literally came to this place to be tortured by them and live in a canabalistic wasteland. Which doesn't actually make you look like a good source of a second opinion if this was really occuring.
>>
>>46829752
GLTAS tier. That doesn't mean it'll be walk in the park. Anti-Montitor/Aya-Monitor might've been defeated easily but Blackest Night is significantly harder. About same level as Aya-Monitor actually decided to destroy habited systems and wasn't holding back due to it being Aya's humanity still holding out against the Anti-Monitor's systems that corrupted her.
>>
>>46831463
>>46831779

Continuing since I ran out of room.

>Any more than you can act as proof that they're not all bad when you're a being from another reality pretending to be one of them another way.

>By that logic, obviously the God throwing a temper tantrum about its toys being terrible will find out that you came in and had another superpowerful being retroactively meddle with its toys to insert a being that doesn't really care about the place and will be gone in 10 years with the best stuff. Pissed off: maximum.

The difference with these is that you look like one of them, and more importantly if you took the 'not actually a drop in' background weren't a jumper during the time where you telepathically convinced it to cause the apocalypse.

Yes I'm aware this looks like your scamming it, but it still means it lacks the evidence.

Although personally I assume backgrounds are less retroactively meddling and more 'this many years ago the benefactor placed your soul into the world and then warped probability to ensure events happened the right way until it was time to return your memories and then stopped'.

>>46831754

Well the idea does have it telepathically listening in on you. Does that count?
>>
>>46831754
That's effectively the same as b.
>>
>>46831739
Of course anon, of course. Whatever makes you happy.
>>
>>46831757

Would moving the Seed of Life the angels need to Mars and building a giant portal to Mars for them to walk through and then closing it once their all on Mars count as co-existing peacefully?

Alternatively would turning all the angels into Rei or Kawou like hybrids and then convincing them it's better count?

No I haven't actually done either of these (haven't taken the jump yet).
>>
>>46831826
Effectively the same? I'm not sure I agree but the point was that he could find out through in universe means.

Or maybe he can't. I don't know the setting just felt like chiming in.
>>
>>46831779
>I'm assuming it would notice your soul is not part of the reincarnation cycle
Yeah, sure, but why would it then assume you could have been part of that cycle? After all, trying to force yourself into someone's delicate metaphysical setup retroactively would be extremely irresponsible without Benefactor Fiat.

>where your horribly tortured into convincing God to destroy the world something that would instead occur during your in jump time.
I don't remember that being a part of it. That would completely throw off the timeline, and smack of the hated forced death in DxD beside, since there's plenty of Jumpers that could just prevent or avoid that.

>if this idea gets used you literally came to this place to be tortured by them and live in a canabalistic wasteland. Which doesn't actually make you look like a good source of a second opinion
That applies regardless of your background.

>The difference with these is that you look like one of them,
You'd look like one of them with the Drop In background too. If you're going with the metaphysical differences, later Jumpers will look like a spliced together abomination against common sense regardless of background. Only without knowing how the Chain works, any other background might just make God think you've possessed and mutilated the soul of an actual person from the world.

>and more 'this many years ago the benefactor placed your soul into the world and then warped probability to ensure events happened the right way
Which soul? Because a lot of Jumps have completely different ones, and a lot of them would drastically alter the course of events by their very nature. Especially an EVA one.
>>
>>46831914
>Effectively the same? I'm not sure I agree but the point was that he could find out through in universe means.
"You explaining the situation to him" is effectively the same as "him finding out the situation from your mind" in this case because the whole fucking point was whether or not he'd know your reasons. Which, yes, if he read the situation from your mind of course he would.
>>
>>46831779
I don't know why you're arguing with the guy, he's gonna keep going forever if you let him. He wants it his way and no other.
>>
>>46831909
It's entirely possible that will do nothing, and tang everyone no matter how far away you put the angels from humanity.
>>
>>46831925

>Yeah, sure, but why would it then assume you could have been part of that cycle? After all, trying to force yourself into someone's delicate metaphysical setup retroactively would be extremely irresponsible without Benefactor Fiat.

>I don't remember that being a part of it. That would completely throw off the timeline, and smack of the hated forced death in DxD beside, since there's plenty of Jumpers that could just prevent or avoid that.

The idea was a your powerless and forced to actually go through and survive these events until the jump would have normally started modification to the 'not actually a drop-in' background, as a compromise between 'not wanting any identity at all' and the jump makers original idea of a drawback where true drop ins basically get nothing do do the stuff requiring some sort of 'history'. On a side note I'm in fact assuming you would (or at least should) get CP from this.

>You'd look like one of them with the Drop In background too. If you're going with the metaphysical differences, later Jumpers will look like a spliced together abomination against common sense regardless of background. Only without knowing how the Chain works, any other background might just make God think you've possessed and mutilated the soul of an actual person from the world.

As stated above the difference here is that with the other backgrounds don't have you telepathically talk to God during whats basically an extended time and powerless drawback.

>Which soul?

I basically meant that I assume the benefactor has you born into that world naturally, and when warps probability until it's time for them to 'activate' (for lack of a better term) your powers and memories.

Although personally I don't really understand why lacking a drop in background is a big deal, mostly since nobody seems to complain when your forced to be one. I do however think calling the background drop in when it's not actually one is a bad idea.
>>
File: SEELE_Logo_(NGE).png (198KB, 820x680px) Image search: [Google]
SEELE_Logo_(NGE).png
198KB, 820x680px
>>46831909
> Would moving the Seed of Life the angels need to Mars
Well, effectively Adam and Lilith are damaged terraforming biobots of godlike incredible power, designed to alter worlds to suit their progeny. If an Angel gets its hands on Adam, they would effectively gain that power, and then... it really just depends on what they do after that.
If they decide to go fuck off into the universe, everything's fine. If they start heading towards earth, everyone's fucked.

> Alternatively would turning all the angels into Rei or Kawou like hybrids
You'd have to be pretty damn powerful to pull that off. But assuming you could, really the primary issue is that Angels don't really have logic or intelligence. At best they have cunning, and are capable of recognizing patterns, but they're mostly designed for brawn over brain. That's the fundamental difference between Adam and Lilith's progeny.
They operate mostly off of instinct, and they have an extremely, extremely strong instinct to GET ADAM.
So your main issue is
1) figuring out a way to make them capable of protracted thought processes
2) overcoming their driving instinct, and
3) convincing them that god-like power is not the best thing.

There's also no real telling how many angels there are in the universe. The series doesn't run out of angels to throw so much as everything just sortof borks and then the angels don't have any reason to show up anymore.

And then you STILL have to deal with SEELE.
>>
>>46831981

I doubt it. Mostly since according to side material the FAR made at least seven of those Seeds of Life.

Since the seeds aren't supposed to interact, and were sent to entirely separate planets it seems unlikely they would affect each other.

Then again the FAR were the idiots who apparently decided "Putting two of these on the same planet would be a bad idea. Let's add a guide explaining things in case a mistake occurred' was a good idea.

So maybe everyone's just completely doomed regardless.
>>
>>46831967
I've noticed that a lot on /jc/. I usually just give up once I realize they're that kind of autist, because that also means they're going to argue until doomsday just because they'll never stop as long as someone's responding to them. Let them think they've won - no skin off my nose.
>>
Ok 2 questions.
1. How can I become a chaos daemon in warhammer and what do I get?

2. Is it possible to become a chaos god in warhammer?
>>
>>46826354
A perk to make you pure of heart or so they say.
>>
>>46832241
Chaos Gods are born, not made.
>>
>>46832241
A lifetime's supply of demen semen, you filthy heretic.
>>
>>46832049
>The idea was a your powerless and forced to actually go through and survive these events until the jump would have normally started modification to the 'not actually a drop-in' background,
That... actually just makes the whole "oh, you're choosing to not *really* be one of them" argument weaker, because it means you're spending more time in the setting fully aware of it and able to compare it to the games, or various other "if I ever go to that setting I'll..." things. Plus, putting yourself through torment to have a shot at influencing the torment of another character and maybe getting the chance to influence the telepathic conversation that set the whole "destroy the world" plan in action. That's dedication.

>As stated above the difference here is that with the other backgrounds don't have you telepathically talk to God
Except the memory-granting "drop in(lol)" background.
And then there's trying to convince him later.
>>46830935
>it might make things harder to change their mind do to the telepathic message
>why are you trying to tell me to not fix this mess? Seriously this is a stupid prank. You didn't even want to be one of them.

>mostly since nobody seems to complain when your forced to be one.
There's very few jumps that do that, mostly Gauntlets that are hated anyway, and there have been complaints, along the lines of "what's even the point of going to a world if you can't have a backstory there." The main ones I can think of are Light of Terra which is kind of a Gauntlet anyway and catches a lot of flak already, and Dishonored which is just kind of weird and, well, catches a lot of flak already.
>>
>>46832241
1. Become sufficiently chaos tainted and get lucky, derision.

2. Probably, of on an order of difficulty suggesting you'll need to spend several prior jumps specifically preparing for it though.
>>
>>46830845
Wiggitty wod, get in the pod.
>>
>>46832397
>>46832241
Don't forget a vulnerability to being instantgibbed by Blanks.
>>
JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURES (8)
--ERA--
Rising Stars
--IDENTITY--
Jovian Johansson
Male, 26yo
Jovial Joestar (900cp)
--PERKS & ABILITIES--
•Calisthenics
•Dynamic Entry
•Joestar Secret Technique
•Dramatic Persona
•Iron Lungs (800cp)
--HAMON--
•Steady Breathing
•Solar Meditation (750cp)
•Ripple Mastery (450cp)
--ARTIFACTS--
•Red Stone Of Aja (250cp)
•The Arrowhead (-350cp)
--BENEFICIAL GEAR--
•Reinforced Clothing (-400cp)
•Global Passport (-500cp)
•Skeleton Key (-600cp)
--DRAWBACKS--
•They Take Notice (0cp)

http://pastebin.com/N0aNyd0p
>>
>>46832241
>How can I become a chaos daemon in warhammer
Serve a/the Dark God(s), prove your power, abilities, and general worth, serve them for a long time proving yourself valuable the whole time, bring them great victories, DO NOT FAIL, EVER, bring them followers, follow their theme ever more closely, get very very lucky and don't end up as a spawn or the servant of some more valuable leader or dead or other horrible fates the Dark Gods and their servants hand out to their followers or (the followers of) their rivals. Eventually, earn ascension to Daemonhood. This may take ten thousand years or more, or just not happen at all.

>and what do I get?
Some power (exactly how much is uncertain, Daemon Princes are powerful but, well, so is anyone that earns it, so...), ever more mindfucked to be a better example of the God's Themes and a more loyal servant as you move towards the goal (or away from it), stuck in the warp and unable to materialise in the Materium without significant rituals (the more powerful you are, the more powerful the rituals will need to be, potentially meaning the world you'll be summoned to has to have been cleansed of all life just to get you there) or an area of vast damage to the barrier between the Materium or the Immaterium (So, areas like the Eye or the Maelstrom), inability to stay manifested in the Materium without the above keeping you anchored, and being banished back to the Immaterium for potentially centuries or more (or even effectively permanently until certain conditions come to pass) if you're defeated. Not that the last one would matter, since death ends chain.

>2. Is it possible to become a chaos god in warhammer?
Hahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>46832519
Interesting, wonder how that would work post-jump.

>>46832361
>>46832366
>>46832397
>>46832432
Also thanks for the info.
>>
>>46832241
1.) Daemon Prince or Spawndom are only options. If you take on too many mutations quick enough you risk becoming a Chaos Spawn. You'll lose any and all intelligence, and you'll be used as canon fodder for eternity.

Daemon Princes are what happens when you gain the favor of an individual Chaos God. Then you must prove yourself worthy of a valuable pawn multiple times over. Only then when you've done something really beneficial to your Chaos God will you ascend. Only Greater Daemons & Daemon Primarchs have higher authority. However there's Daemon Princes that have killed Greater Daemons so they're really on equal grounds power wise. Daemon Primarchs are only beholden to their Chaos God due to how powerful they are.

As for becoming a Chaos God, they're born not made. Chaos Gods aren't actual gods like Zeus...etc. They're emotion given sentience.
>>
>>46832581
If you somehow found a way to keep stay yourself and used the gunnerkrigg court perk could you become on? I think it was called you do not exist.
>>
>>46832608
Ignore the keep. was Writing something else and changed it, forgot to remove keep.
>>
>>46832608
>>46832618
Nope. The perk doesn't let you be Coyete, it just gives you a powerset modeled after his less absurd i.e. moon-shrinking feats.

Seriously, it's absolutely not worth it, even IF if were somehow possible. You descend into being a raging/deviant/cackling/unhygienic psychic emanation that will pop like a soap bubble if you stand too close a Blank, and will wither and die in the next jump if you didn't purchase a psyker power.

And anything short of double Alpha psyker powers would likely make you significantly weaker than the average Daemon in future jumps because of how little warp energy you have access to.
>>
>>46832093
Not the anon,
However communicating with the angels could be very possible and you could very well convice them to not want godlike power as well thanks to Perfect Communication Skills from Worm. You could give them a conciousness, a humane one, from that perk in Alpha Centuarian.

However Hybridizing angels and dealing with Seele is gonna be hard unless your willing to kill/throw them in some other world with some portal system to just let them deal with themselves.
>>
>>46832662
>that will pop like a soap bubble if you stand too close a Blank
That one's not actually an issue, since you're stuck in the Immaterium.
>>
>>46832835
I was thinking more if, hypothetically, anon were lucky enough to find his way into the materium via warpstorm or have his own cult then he would be endanger of getting popped. But that is a good point.

It would be a damn nasty shock going from the nourishing(?) ambience of the Warp to a complete absence of Warp next jump though. Most jumps start you firmly in the material world.
>>
>>46832862
>were lucky enough to find his way into the materium via warpstorm or have his own cult
Oh, if you're talking about Daemon Princes, sure. I think that anon was talking about Chaos Gods, though, which just won't be able to leave at all.

>>46832862
>It would be a damn nasty shock going from the nourishing(?) ambience of the Warp to a complete absence of Warp next jump though.
I'd assume you start in an area of the warp roughly analogous to the area in the Materium, in the same way a ghost or spirit would be there on a spiritual plane. Or ASA does... whatever the hell he does. You'd basically just die and take the world with you, otherwise.
>>
>>46832932
Daemons, yeah. Wait, princes? I was just thinking regular daemons but I dunno anymore.

>an area of the warp

I don't see why you would because the warp is a very specific thing, like how there is no Spirit Realm from Avatar in XCOM and no Fade in Raildex. I recall ASA's thing had something to do with the mechanics of a demiplane's formation being mixed into how a Reality Marble is created. And Reality Marbles canonically kind of overlap on reality without actually being part of it, like when Rider used Ionian Hetairoi to battle Cthulhu with less collateral damage/risk of Cthulhu eating nearby souls for magical energy, but from the outside it look like Cthulhu had basically disappeared into thin air.
>>
>>46831508
Chrono Trigger came to my mind as well, but I'd rather have something from a more low-power jump...?
>>
>>46833051
Elder Scrolls (the other one, not Skyrim) has an Alter of Spellmaking and the Spellmaker ability to let you make your own spells based on the elder scrolls magic system.

Don't ask me for guidelines on what you can make with it eventually though. In-game it's basically some buffs to the existing enchantments, evocations and so forth. In fluff things get crazy to the point I'm genuinely unsure what's hyperbole and what's fact. Just try not to mess with math using magic until you git really gud.
>>
>>46833051
Well that really depends on what you mean by low power. If you don't take the option that forces you to fight Lavos, it's actually pretty easy to avoid any of the power players in Chrono Trigger.
Hell, you could stay in 1000 AD the whole time, where there's basically nothing in terms of actual danger, if you wanted.
>>
>>46833134
Fall of Guardia is 1005 AD.
>>
>>46829707
What about a power that lets you spontaneously generate new mass, like Self Molecular Manipulation from X-Men?
>>
>>46833037
>Daemons, yeah. Wait, princes?
You don't ascend to be a regular Daemon, you ascend to Daemon Prince.It's the only Daemon position for ex-mortals the Dark Gods have.

>like how there is no Spirit Realm from Avatar in XCOM and no Fade in Raildex
Except when Jumper goes there and drags the thing along. You can get a Spirit from the A:LoK that makes it easier to enter the Spirit Realm, and a bunch of options around entering, pulling power from, making rifts to or dealing with the inhabitants of the Fade from the Dragon Age jumps.

Of course, it's all kind of moot, since IIRC you get adapted to not instantly die due to the basic environment/metaphysics of each new jump you go to, and Immaterium/Materium incompatability should probably count.
You'd still lose virtually all your power, though, since the physical world isn't malleable the same way the Warp is.
>>
>>46833260
Oh. I'd really resent that if I were a run-of-the-mill daemon. Sounds a bit like SMT.

>a Spirit

As I recall the Spirit doesn't drag spirit worlds around with you, it helps you enter existing ones. It's not a magic genie that can make up some wholesale for you. I presumed the magic perks from DA would be more along the lines of a one-way summoning what with the worlds being locked off, and as I recall the DA:I perk was to let you wheel and deal with spirits in general not drag the Fade with you.

There certainly aren't any perks that let you drag entire metaphysical structures with you as far as I know.

>you get adapted to not instantly die

Point taken. At the very least a background that is'nt drop-in you would defend you some by giving you a natural place in the new jump's reality; this'd depend a lot on how individual folks interpret altmodes and origins and such, though, let alone things like Cosmic Fact.
>>
>>46832094
>Then again the FAR were the idiots who apparently decided "Putting two of these on the same planet would be a bad idea. Let's add a guide explaining things in case a mistake occurred' was a good idea."

To be fair, this was kindoff their equivalent of putting warning stickers and big black/yellow danger paint on the Seeds
SEELE were the one who went "Hey guys, let do everything that's written on this big book of what NOT TO DO and hope it doesn't blow up in our faces". Cue 2nd Impact...
>>
>>46833363
I kind of want to see what happens if you start messing with Dark Souls' sorceries, pyromancies and hexes with the FAR's soul tech now.

Apart from Chaoshander Evadads, which should be the obvious, logical and inevitable outcome.
>>
>>46833363

True. However they apparently wrote it in away that SEELE was able to read as "Warning side effects may include sacrificing everyone to become a god-like being".

Although to be fair they probably didn't expect a psychotic conspiracy to go "Hey guys, lets sacrifice everyone else to fuse into a god-like being".
Thread posts: 391
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.