[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I read occasionally about Eldar ambassadors or Tau ambassadors.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 26

File: image.jpg (546KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
546KB, 1000x750px
I read occasionally about Eldar ambassadors or Tau ambassadors. Does the imperium actually allow such things?
>>
>>46723523

They don't have a consulate and shit, its just a thing to call whoever is sent to negotiate in a temporary fashion.
>>
>>46723523

They're more like parley participants than ambassadors.
>>
>>46723523
Officially, no. Out in the border states where the Imperial Bureaucracy may as well be non-existant, more than likely
>>
>>46723523
Yeah, although it's mostly temporary one off things or very much under the rug of Imperial bureaucracy. I've heard that the navigator house that pilots the space wolves ships owe no fewer than three personal favors to Uthrad, but for obvious reasons keep the wolves from learning of that at all costs.
>>
File: 40kWar.jpg (638KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
40kWar.jpg
638KB, 1280x1024px
>>46723551
Aren't there actual consulates and embassies in places like Cadia and Ulthwé, near the Eye of Terror?

Since dealing with people who want to kill you is marginally better than dealing with people who want to eat your soul.
>>
>>46723943
>Warhound and Biotitan squaring off
>Zoanthrope with a warp-bubble surviving the blasts underfoot
>Trygon burrowing its way into the backline
>Tank shots carving lines through waves of gaunts
>Genestealers sneaking out of the pipes and about to assault the artillery crews
>Tons of gribbly worm things popping up from te ground
>Hive Tyrant and his guard about to clash with Drop-podded Marines

I love it
>>
As said, officially: No. The Imperium's overbroad laws and tenets ensure that interaction with Xenos is seen as taboo, to say the least.

But border colonies have a lot to deal with. They have to manage on the outskirts, with limited support from the larger Imperium, sometimes not seeing a sign or reminder of the Imperium's authority for generations. If they are reasonably self sufficient or important, or well organized, or lucky, they may have a PDF, but often these colonies rely on small trade and support from immediate neighbors.

Sometimes those neighbors are Imperial. Sometimes the neighbors are Orks or Dark Eldar, or another form of hostile xenos or renegade faction. Sometimes the neighbors are Tau or Eldar. Sometimes there are no neighbors at all.

Negotiation and/or trade with Tau or Eldar could be welcome in any of those circumstances as a governor. You might be able to eliminate the oppression of the uncaring Imperium, have allies to beseech when raiders come calling, get supplies or technology that you otherwise couldn't, or to at least appease a military force that your lone PDF can't win. Remember, if you enter into conflict, it may be generations before you get reinforcements from the Militarum, the Astartes, the Mechanicus, or the Ecclesiarchy.

Tau Water Caste ambassadors especially excel at praying on such vulnerable colonies, orchestrating as close to a "peaceful" annexation into the Greater Good as they can manage.
>>
>>46724049
There's also a colored version somewhere.
>>
>>46723523

Eldar Ambassadors are used when the Seers indicate the only way to save Eldar lives are to work with the humans.

They'd be quite happy to butcher tens of billions of humans to save a handful (or a single) Eldar life as well.
The Tau have their ambassadors of course, when you see a Tau craft land, you will be presented you with two options.

Give this world to the Tau or you all die
>>
>>46725665
Tau usually phrase it more nicely than that. Usually a big song and dance, showing off all the neat stuff the greater good can give you. Offers for trade, and just generally trying for any sort of give.

Then a steadfast refusal is met with a sad farewell, and then a week later it's raining battlesuits
>>
>>46725665
Tau diplomatic machinations can take months or years. They don't always give the ultimatum.
>>
>>46725665
>>46725763
>>46725847
The first Tau codex said something about the water caste being appropriately named, because arguing with them is like trying to nail down a puddle of water.
>>
>>46725847

>Tau diplomatic machinations can take months or years.

It's not diplomatic when your choice is

1. Give us this planet
2. You all die

and with Tau, those are your options 100% of the time.
>>
>>46725896
Lies.

The Tau sometime gradually subvert the planets and races they encounter through trade and diplomatic means. This can take a while.

So you are wrong. If you are wrong, then act like a jackass.
>>
>>46725847
>>46725763
>>46725665
>>46725871
The back of the Damocles book has the Tau saying the world is now theirs, and the humans on it have 72 hours to decide whether or not they want to be part of the Greater Good.

Guess what probably happens to the ones that don't like that idea. Pretty much boils down to what the first anon said: "Join us or die".
>>
>>46726002
Fuck sake, you are a moron. What the anons are saying that the Tau do not always go with the join or die approach.

Case and point, FW's Imperial Armour Taros.
>>
>>46726043
Also two of Cain's novels. The first one and the one below.

>‘What haven’t I been told?’ he asked, with an understandable touch of asperity.

>‘The tau have made an offer of reparations, which His Excellency the governor is minded to accept,’ I said, in my most diplomatic tone.

>‘Because His Excellency the governor is a self-obsessed, inbred imbecile, who can’t see the trap for the honey,’ Zyvan added, not diplomatically at all.

>‘What sort of reparations?’ Braddick asked, in tones which told me all too clearly that he shared the Lord General’s opinion of the Emperor’s anointed representative on Quadravidia.

>‘Assistance with the reconstruction effort,’ I told him. ‘Resources, expertise and civilian advisors to coordinate everything with the Administratum and the Adeptus Mechanicus.’

>‘Preaching subversion and heresy the whole time, no doubt,’ Braddick snorted.

>‘No doubt,’ I agreed, ‘and I’d keep a particularly close eye on a bunch of human renegades calling themselves “Facilitators” if I were you.’

>‘You can count on it,’ he assured me,

-Cain Novel (The Greater Good)
>>
>>46725638
>>46724049
I think I've actually seent this set up as a diorama
>>
File: Tauambassadors.jpg (765KB, 959x1343px) Image search: [Google]
Tauambassadors.jpg
765KB, 959x1343px
>>46725871
>>46725896
>>46726002
>>
>>46725896
>Thinks diplomacy has to be nice.
>>
File: Apoc (1).jpg (412KB, 1280x1039px) Image search: [Google]
Apoc (1).jpg
412KB, 1280x1039px
>>46725638
>>46726112
Here's the colored version.
>>
>>46726456
Sweet!
>>
>>46726456
Anyone else reminded of the Halo Believe campaign?
>>
File: diplomatic-1.jpg (12KB, 457x120px) Image search: [Google]
diplomatic-1.jpg
12KB, 457x120px
>>46723523
>>
File: diplomatic-2.jpg (596KB, 1600x1280px) Image search: [Google]
diplomatic-2.jpg
596KB, 1600x1280px
>>46728542
>>
Once upon a time there was an Imperial embassy on a craftworld.
>>
>>46726456
Unless those Space Marines can turn the tide, the Imperials are about to get fucked hard by the infiltrators. The Genestealers coming out of the pipes are going to rip apart the people manning those artillery pieces, and the 'Nids popping out of the hole in the rear lines are probably going to tear apart the infantry, and if the tanks turn around to fire on them, they'll get overwhelmed by the hordes of 'Nids coming in from the front, and if they don't, then the 'Nids behind them will come up and rip them apart unopposed once they've disposed of the infantry.

Maybe the Sentinels will be able to kill the giant monsters with their lascannons, but otherwise, the whole southern half of their line is about to collapse.
>>
>>46728637
It's Nids, man.
>>
>>46726456
>>46723943

There's so many gaurdsmen just mucking about. I mean its believable but jesus christ form a line and fire.
>>
Can one of you guys post the old fluff about Eldar embassies?
>>
>>46726456
>that guard in the bottom left tower
I'm going to shoot in the one place where they would never suspect.....

NOWHERE NEAR THEM!
>>
>>46726043
It's always join or die. They might play the long game with propaganda, kidnapping of dissidents and forcing the planet to relly on them if they can, but it's still gunboat diplomacy that ends in the planet being covertly or militarily conquered if they refuse to budge.
>>
>>46729664
>herp derp derp, it is always join or die except when its other stuff
>>
>>46730229
Are you fucking simple? If various methods of encouraging the "join" option fail, military conquest is resorted to. There is no "other stuff" there.
>>
File: image.jpg (221KB, 708x1084px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
221KB, 708x1084px
>>46723523
Orks have diplomats too anon
>>
>>46729664
>It's always join or die.

No, it isn't. We have proven you wrong and yet you continue prattling. The Tau seek to get everyone to join but not always through join or die. This is fact. See >>46726255
>>46726069

Now piss off.
>>
>>46730558
>>46730229
>we can't kill them outright so we will subvert them through economy and politics
That's still join or die. Do you think that the Tau will just fuck off if the planet would still refuse the integration? The secoond they determine that gunboat diplomacy or outright invasion makes more sense, they will do it.
It's like claiming the Imperium doesn't exterminate Xenos on sight as is proper and right in 40k because certain fringe worlds have corrupt Governors or the Imperium sometimes ignores lesser Xenos to first exterminate greater threats.

One could even argue that the Tau are more evil than the Imperium. The Imperium slaughters Xenos because the Emperor said so, who knows firsthand that 99,99% of aliens can't be trusted,and because they lear time and time again that they will fuck them up. The Tau force other races into the Greater Good schtick solely out of greed and their self perceived might and knowledge.
>>
File: Nice guys, those Tau.jpg (20KB, 537x190px) Image search: [Google]
Nice guys, those Tau.jpg
20KB, 537x190px
>>
>>46728997
It's too late, a bunch of retards are now arguing about Tau.

They are very good at subverting threads that are not about them.
>>
>>46730473
Orkz is made for diplomazie!
WAAAAAALIVE BRANCH!
>>
>>46730760
Oh boy here's the HFY faggot.
>>
>>46725665
>>46725763
>>46725847
>>46725896

The Tau's greatest strength is they're usually not as grimderp stupid as they should be for the setting. There's going to be an element of realpolitik & cost-benefit analysis going on.

>Can they take the world with nearby forces?
>If not, is it worth weakening whatever region they have to pull troops from with their slow as shit space travel?
>Can they KEEP IT from the inevitable Imperium response?
>Is it more useful as a buffer against orks, Deldar raiders or unnamed hostile xeno race #367?
>>
>>46730975

40k is inherently a HFY setting. Why else have the Space Marines become the heroes and the xenos (Tau/Eldar notwithstanding) been relegated to NPC level strength?
>>
>>46726456
it had to be ultramarines
>>
>>46730760
>That's still join or die.

Except its approach other than outright to your face "Join or die", where they use diplomats to sucker the other races and bring them to the fold without even mentioning their military. Stop trying to murk the argument.

And no the Tau are not as evil as the Imperium. Not yet. The races that join them are under control but they are prospering.
>>
File: The World of the Bloodied Sword.jpg (3MB, 3482x1604px) Image search: [Google]
The World of the Bloodied Sword.jpg
3MB, 3482x1604px
>>46728997
>>
>>46730760

>That's still join or die.
>The die part is never mentioned

Do you even understand the words you use? It's been demonstrated several times by multiple people in this thread that Tau often expand without any mention of military threat. They use gunboat diplomacy as one of their tactics, but its been repeatedly demonstrated that it's not the ONLY means of negotiation.
>>
File: 46.jpg (621KB, 1063x1590px) Image search: [Google]
46.jpg
621KB, 1063x1590px
>>46723523
>>46728997

"Report of Lexicos Aldus Mari, last diplomatic envoy to the Alaitoc Craftworld, relations ceased due to outbreak of Beelze Conflict [453.M36]."
>>
File: 43.jpg (720KB, 1141x1584px) Image search: [Google]
43.jpg
720KB, 1141x1584px
>Extract from "My Time Amongst the Eldar, or How I Visited Iyanden Craftworld and Lived!" by Ieldan Soecr
>>
File: Cold Steel Ridge.jpg (152KB, 1000x336px) Image search: [Google]
Cold Steel Ridge.jpg
152KB, 1000x336px
>>46724049
>>46726112
>>46726456
They made a sort of Diorama for this. It's a lot less impressive though. There's also a Space Wolf one

It was in a WD mag from a couple years back. 5th ed
>>
>>46725896
Except things aren't always that straightforward. There will be many times when there are say a human controlled system and a tau controlled system in close proximity. Both sides might dearly love to take the other side's planets, but they don't have the armed forces necessary to do so. Or perhaps they do, but doing so would leave the aggressor's system vulnerable to other, worse things than the tau/humans. So they have to make do with diplomacy.
On the tau side, they figure that if they can spread propaganda on the Imperial world the citizenry might rise up and depose the governor. Naturally the human side don't want that to happen. But they can't afford to just refuse all communication with the Tau, in case that pushes them over into outright hostility.
On the other hand, the Imperial governeor might simply want to get his hands on that sweet xentech - there's a huge black market for that sort of the thing in the Imperium. Or maybe he just figures a diplomatic presence ont he Tau world is a good cover story for spying and industrial sabotage
>>
File: What rhymes with eldar.jpg (162KB, 490x789px) Image search: [Google]
What rhymes with eldar.jpg
162KB, 490x789px
>>46735080
The Eldar do not fuck around when they are pissed.
>>
File: MV-Tau-Empire.jpg (1MB, 2406x1658px) Image search: [Google]
MV-Tau-Empire.jpg
1MB, 2406x1658px
>Should the Imperium discover the true intentions of the Tau, and their hunger for the secret of Warp travel, there is no doubt that it would turn its full might against them. So they feign diplomatic negotiations as a ruse to distract the already beleaguered humans, claiming settlement rights on the world and testing the patience of the Imperium to its very limits in an effort to delay all out war.
>>
Parlaying with Xenos is not uncommon, despite what the Imperium would rather it's general public and troops think, when juggling enemies as much as Humankind does, it's always best to try to see how many you can have aimed at the bigger threats then at you. Under most circumstances this is just a case of having bigger fish to fry or trying to set up a living shield, and in majority of cases they Imperium is all too happy to turn their guns on weakened former allies if they can get away with it. But Every once in a blue moon you can see an alliance born of actual cooperation, that parts amicably after wards
>>
>>46731654
Well it is Behemoth.
>>
>>46735521
Most times the Eldar are not malicious, just arrogant enough actually to think that saving a few Eldar at the cost of untold members of another race is actually a benefit to the galaxy as a whole, rarely are they actually being assholes for its own sake, they just actually belive that they are the rightful Stuarts of the galaxy and that it's fucking doomed if they die off
>>
>>46735708
They are partially correct in that belief.
Due to their prescient abilities, they can, and have stopped threats that would have in time, threatened the entire galaxy, before they were fully even manifested.

For example, their act of stopping the splinter fleet of Kraken from merging with that of Leviathan, was achieved due to their prescience.
>>
>>46723943
>>46726456
What is that giant mech in the top right corner?
>>
>>46735708
>Stuarts
It's Stewards youdumbass
>>
>>46735775
...How new are you?
>>
>>46735080
Wish 40k had mire fluff like this, rare occasion on which eldar act reasonably
>>
>>46735775
warhound titan
>>
>>46735842
I don't play warhammer, I just think the fluff is entertaining.
>>
>>46735897
The main reason why Eldar don't act reasonably, are exactly stories like that.
It is literally a cautionary tale about how treating humans as anything besides the barbarian savages they are, is gonna end up badly for you.
>>
To appease the WAAC tryhard Tau fags, they have 3 forms of negotiations

1. surrender your planet
2. die
3. years of thinly masked subterfuge (trade, talks, powersharing_ aimed at eliminating Imperial rule, any resistance during this phase is met with planetary genocide.
>>
>>46735932
I was reffering to the punishment, they really shoudl employ what ties to the true eldar they have
>>
>>46735932
I can see why the Humans acted as they did, afterall, most are told that Aliens tell no truths and should never be trusted, it's all a cycle of self proving suspicions, because everyone thinks the other will strike so they must strike first
>>
>>46736001
The Craftworld Eldar do deal, with the Commorites pretty often actually. They don't have the sort of blood feud, eternal hatred between one another like the Dark Elves and High elves in fantasy had.

It is more of the two groups just being radically different in culture and outlook at life, so they tend to avoid each other for the most part (outside when a mutual threat rises), as their conflicting ways of life easily lead to strife between the two groups, which only serves the ends of Slaanesh, which is the mutual enemy to both.
>>
>>46736017
Nah, that imperial leader was a total fucking cunt, and caused the whole fucking thing to escalate into the shitstorm it became, only because of his greed.

The blood of all the eldar and humans who died in that conflict are solely in his hands.
>>
>>46736059
I know, I just wish there were more stories about it due to being a massive deldar fanboi
>>
>>46727156
>mfw all those live action ads for any of the halos up to 343 took over

god damn man, bungie knows how to tug at the strings
>>
>>46735996
>I'm going to look like I'm agreeing when really I'm sticking to my original point because I'm a child who can't stand being wrong and has to resort to tricking people into agreeing with him.

At no point is "resistance" - especially "any and all" met with planetary genocide you moron - it's not like it's always going to be successes and there will always be a hardcore Imperial resistance on any planet - doesn't mean the Tau will throw a tantrum and kill everyone for it.

Accept that you are wrong and your statement is at very least extreme hyperbole
>>
>>46736090
Agreed.
Read Valedor. It involves precisely that sort of stuff. It even involves banter between a Dark Eldar Archon, and Prince Yriel, as the former basically flat out says that "Dude, your daddy was a fucking Commorite" to Yriel, which pisses him off immensely.
>>
>>46736084
fair point, it's a case where a human made things worse for the imperium by just being a jackass and poor example of our kind, it is refreshing to see stuff where chaos has nothing to do with it, just some short sighted dick who liked shiny rocks
>>
>>46736149
Jackass is putting it lightly, seeing how the Eldar fucking told him what the Spirit Stones are, and why he can't trade those things, instead of realizing that "Yeah, they don't want to get their souls devoured by a fucking god of rape, I probably should stop asking for those stones", the fucker instead began lusting for them more.

Fuck that cunt.
>>
>>46731654
Look closer, those are Crimson Fists.
>>
>>46735932

Eldar have slaughtered countless billions, probably trillions of humans in their efforts to save members of their race. Entire systems have been sacrificed so save even a few Eldar...

Jesus Christ, when people fanatically cheerlead the faction they spend their money on it's so goddamn sad.
>>
>>46736222
Even the GreyKnights, some of the biggest jerks of the Inquisition knew that it benefited both sides to just give them the Soulstones and leave them be
>>
>>46736267
And the Imperium would sacrifice just as many humans in pointless wars of extermination aimed against other alien races.
>>
>>46736267
they do so because of stories like this and as >>46735708 said, they truely do see themselves as the protectors of the Galaxy, and thus their salvation is the salvation of all
>>
>>46736317
just as the Eldar believe they are the only race that can protect the galaxy, the Imperium believes that all other sapient races are potential enemies. it is not a matter of if but when they will turn their weapons upon them, The Eldar think they need to protect everything, the Imperium thinks they need to protect themselves FROM everything
>>
>>46736267

>Attempt to form alliance with the Emperor before he was a corpse
>Get rebuked

>Attempt to ally with humans on many occasions, main condition being "you have a billion worlds, GTFO the Exodite ones"
>Always ends in war or something like that story there

>Try to leave humans alone and they always kill you
>The human society devolves into a theocratic, ultra-xenophobic hellhole and declares an eternal crusade against you

And somehow the Craftworlders are the bad guys. The Imperium fucking wish they could sacrifice a billion Eldar to save one human, but they're stupid and impotent and can't. This is despite the Imperium giving approximately zero fucks about any human life (or, as a general rule, any number of human lives less than a few billion).

>>46736059

The best of those interactions is the time the DEldar came to save Iyanden, alongside the Corsairs, and when asked why they did it said
>so we could laugh at how you guys engaged in necromancy and are sad now. couldn't do that if you all died. top kek m8

Gr8 bantz
>>
>>46736129
Isnt that the one where the motivation for the deldar was to save ilanden because they found the angst funny?
Thats why I love them
>>
>>46736362
Is the Imperium secretly the True Main villain of the setting?
>>
>>46736385

Yes, clearly Chaos are the good guys
>>
>>46736385
No, because there is no main villain to 40k other than the universe.
>>
>>46736267
M8, I collect whole lot of armies, not just Eldar.

And how exactly, is that post cheerleading anything? It is a statement on how the Eldar view humans, largely due to humans themselves acting like untrustworthy savages. From the Eldar perspective, trying to talk and explain shit to Imperials is pointless, as they will either shoot you on sight, go against your advice out of spite/greed, or dogma, betray you the moment they think they can get away with it, or simply kill you for your fancy spirit stones.

If the Eldar had just struck right at the palace underneath which their superweapons were stored in this story >>46735080, with no warning, or attempts at diplomacy, they could have dealt a crippling blow to the defenders and disorganized them for long enough for the Eldar to retrieve said weapons, and leave, thus leading to far, far less deaths of both Human and Eldar.
>>
>>46736375
Nah, it is a novel about Iyanden allying with Biel Tan and a Kabal of Dark Eldar to go on a bit of Nid Purging.
>>
File: 23.jpg (766KB, 1157x1735px) Image search: [Google]
23.jpg
766KB, 1157x1735px
>>46736375
Different incident, before Valedor.
>>
>>46736362
To be fair, the Emperor rebuked the Eldar because he knew damn well that they would commit any crime against humanity in a heart beat if their seers saw a future where doing so would benefit them.

And he wasn't wrong - one of the chief architects of the Cabal's Horus Gambit is an Eldar
>>
>>46736362
>but they're stupid and impotent and can't
they kill a lot of eldar, though
>>
File: 33.jpg (776KB, 1137x1623px) Image search: [Google]
33.jpg
776KB, 1137x1623px
"Trust not in their appearance, for the Eldar are as alien to good, honest men as the vile Tyranids and savage Orks. There is no understanding them for there is nothing to understand - they are a random force in the universe."
>>
>>46736661
in short, being an asshole will keep working for everyone unless everyone stops being an asshole at the same time
>>
>>46736680

They kill a lot of themselves in the process. They kill a lot of everyone, but only because their solution to literally every single possible problem is "throw guardsmen at it until it dies or we run out of guardsmen"

>>46736661

>one of the chief architects of the Cabal's Horus Gambit is an Eldar

But Horus was a Space Marine Primarch. Primarchs and Space Marines confirmed for even worse than the Eldar.
>>
One of the space marine chapters (cant remember which one) have an embassy on one of the ships in a hive fleet.

Orks - no
Necrons - no
Deldar - maybe embassies on craftworlds, other wise no
Tau and Eldar will have embassies wherever they are allowed I guess
>>
>>46736888
>They kill a lot of themselves in the process
same goes for the eldar, though

remember they literally have to sacrifice themselves to wake up their avatars
>>
File: dying.png (168KB, 275x253px) Image search: [Google]
dying.png
168KB, 275x253px
>>46737095
Such is the tragedy of their kind.
>>
>>46735372
That was a good read. Damn i Miss old GW fluff
>>
File: 1453007270335.jpg (256KB, 1024x1453px) Image search: [Google]
1453007270335.jpg
256KB, 1024x1453px
Considering writing a shitty fanfic about Craftworld Eldar/Dark Eldar/Harlequins/Corsairs/Exodites/various aliens in Commorragh hitting on each other through the Webway site OK-Isha.

What sort of communications technology do Eldar use?
>>
File: untitled.png (324KB, 645x516px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
324KB, 645x516px
>>46723523
soon to come, necron ambassadors
>>
>>46735293
>>46735372
This is what I was talking about.
>>
>>46738032
All except dark Eldar use psychic communication. I am sure DE use holo communication, but they mostly send secure or vital info with scourges.
>>
>>46738035
I believe that duty would fall to the Triarch, who spent the time most necrons were sleeping watching the galaxy, keeping tombs secure and imprinting cultural legacies on lesser races
>>
>>46730839
Greater Good is a philosophy of peace!
>>
File: 09.jpg (861KB, 1156x1621px) Image search: [Google]
09.jpg
861KB, 1156x1621px
>>46738035
>soon to come
4 and a half years ago.
>Some Necron Lords send diplomatic emissaries to other worlds, negotiating for the return of lost territories and artefacts

>>46738505
Triarch Praetorians. The actual Triarch is gone, as the C'tan destroyed "all of the Triarch save the Silent King himself" (meaning... two guys).

Lychguards work well as emissaries too, especially for more independently-minded nobles or ones that are up to no good, since they've largely kept their minds but are literally incapable of disobeying their master. Praetorians ultimately answer only to the Silent King and will override any noble who they feel is going against how Necrons 'should' act.
>>
>>46737156
>dead eldar
>tragedy
>>
File: Eldsad.jpg (100KB, 1066x181px) Image search: [Google]
Eldsad.jpg
100KB, 1066x181px
>>46739356
>>
>>46739533
The Maybe it's time you got over it you bunch of whiners
>>
File: Lamenters.jpg (31KB, 640x452px) Image search: [Google]
Lamenters.jpg
31KB, 640x452px
>>46739533
>>
>>46739533
wow what a dick
>>
>>46723523
I seem to remember reading something about how Harlequins are allowed to perform their play on Imperial world, but that's probably just a matter of having no real way to stop them.

Also I can see how having terrifying aliens explain how horrible chaos is may be a net gain.
>>
>>46741160
Harlequins stage shows in commoragh, some backwater imperial world should not be that much harder,,,

some fancy off-world circus show up,
awesome, something to take my mind of grox and grox related matters,,, show starts with psycho-hallucinogenic mists elder mind-magic and interpretive dancing,

survivors all agree it was a night to remember
>>
File: The Living Craft.png (2MB, 1200x1708px) Image search: [Google]
The Living Craft.png
2MB, 1200x1708px
>>46735372
I think this piece from the 3rd edition Craftworld Eldar codex supplement is more from Ieldan Soecr's observations.
>>
>>46735080
>It seems a storyteller's fancy to say that the ground was stained red with blood, but the stones and debris were truly a crimson testament to the ferocity of our attack.

Re-reading Taros, and now this, after Kauyon and Mont'ka, yeah. New fluff is shit.
>>
>>46736092
I've never understood people who felt that Bungie was bad at telling stories. Halo may have been their simplest and easiest to digest, but it still had more consistency and detail than most contemporary works.

And those fucking Myth TFL/II:SB narrations were magnificent. I need that find some audio books that VA has done.
>>
>>46736385
Secretly?
In terms of good and evil, the universe has two good guys: Eldar and Tau.
And neither of them are particularly saintly.
Then there are the guys aren't exactly good: Necrons and Halrequins.
Then come the the guys you can't really blame, you know. Scorpion-stings-the-turtle-it-is-my-nature: Orks and Tyranids, who are monsters and antagonists, yet not villainous.
Next is Dark Eldar and the Imperium of Man.
And finally Chaos.
>>
>>46745765
>the imperium is on par with the dark eldar.
>this is what taufags believe.
>>
>>46745765
>And neither of them are particularly saintly.
neither of them are good, you just like their flavor of evil better than the others
>>
>>46745881
Their flavor of evil is quite a bit more altruistic than the rest.
>>
File: 40k wisdom.jpg (27KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
40k wisdom.jpg
27KB, 250x250px
>>46745891
oh please, the only faction that was noblebright in 40k was old humanity.
As it stands, speranza is the most altruistic of them all.
>>
>>46745601
>Halo may have been their simplest and easiest to digest
That honor goes to Destiny. It's the simplest and easiest to digest because it's fucking nothing.
>>
>>46746032
>tfw starcraft fan
all that nuance, gone forever.
>>
>>46746049
At least Overwatch looks fun. Still, it's like every franchise Activision touches eventually starts to resemble a Las Vegas crack whore.
>>
>>46746082
>overwatch
pls.
the characters are kinda neat, but thats all metzen does. He builds up great characters and executes them brutally.
>>
>>46745765

DE are by far the most evil faction. Chaos has its own logic and isn't entirely evil. DE is evil in every possible scenario. Even when they do good things (save Iyanden or w/e) they're doing it for evil reasons.

Chaos can be perfectly reasonable in some situations. DEldar are never reasonable.
>>
>>46746641
Illic Nightspeasr says that the evil of the Dark Eldar and even Slaanesh xirself pales before the soulless evil of the Necrons.
>>
>>46746641
Untrue.
There is a logic to the madness of the Dark Eldar, that makes perfect sense. Ultimately, they are just trying to survive and are willing to work with others towards mutual goals.
Chaos on the other hand ,is pure evil who only seek to destroy and corrupt everything.
>>
>>46731555
this. The Tau are evil, but no more evil than any normal advanced society - ie, almost entirely self concerned and motivated. As they should be, a government exists to protect and serve IT'S people, not someone elses. They use real politik to cover their asses
>>
>>46748087
Chaos fags will never admit the Dark Powers are ultimately only corruption personified.

Honestly, if the setting has any heroes, it's the Necrons.
>>
>>46748283
You

see

>>46746705
>>
>>46746705
>An Eldar
>Talking shit about the Necrons

Stop the presses. Eldar were literally genetically engineered by Frog NEET's to fight the Necrons. And while it's true they were and are bastards, they learned from the betrayel of the C'tan, and the Silent King represents a chance at Redemption.
>>
>>46735409
Isn't this during the Battle for Maccrage, where Calgar got wrecked by the Swarmlord?
>>
File: misunderstandings.png (244KB, 597x475px) Image search: [Google]
misunderstandings.png
244KB, 597x475px
>>46728997

Are Space Wolves ever not in the wrong? Whether you're Dark Angels, Eldar, Gray Knights, Red Hunters, Thousand Sons or The Inquisition, it seems like everyone has legit reasons to hate their guts.
>>
>>46750261
Aren't they close to be declared traitors in some novels now?
>>
>>46750261
Never trust a furry.
>>
>>46730961
>WAAALIVE BRANCH
Dat's a good un roit dere.
Thread posts: 137
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.