[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lost my SoI draft finals with a total of 4 lands. I'm super

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: topdecks.png (114KB, 296x374px) Image search: [Google]
topdecks.png
114KB, 296x374px
Lost my SoI draft finals with a total of 4 lands. I'm super fucking salty.

So anybody got a good topdeck/mise/bad beats story?
>>
>>46706148
I get manascrewed in mono-green.
MtG for me is never-ending struggle between me and manabase.
Cheer up, OP. You got it easy.
>>
File: bitch ass skellyngton.gif (240KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
bitch ass skellyngton.gif
240KB, 400x200px
When I drafted Gatewatch/ BFZ I drafted B/W allies, I Drew retreat to Emeria then 10 lands in a row.
>>
>>46706148
>>46706177
>>46706395
I know some of these words.
>>
>>46706463
OP appears to have not drawn enough resource cards in an important match, costing him the game.

1st suffered similarly, making note of the fact that he was playing types of cards that should be the best at avoiding that.

2nd suffered the same again, but had a card that turned his suffering into pleasure.
>>
>>46706463

Mise
A very lucky happening, most commonly used to refer to a needed card being drawn at the right moment ("Drawing that Black Lotus was an excellent mise,") or the act of doing so ("I mised that Lotus just in time"). MiseTings (so named for the expression) defined a mise as "something unusually great or unexpected" or the act of obtaining such. The expression "mise" is derived from the phrase "might as well" - as in 'mise well draw that wrath'. Its meaning has since changed to the usage described above, however. The joke set Unhinged had a card called Mise, which played on this by giving the player great card advantage, but only if that player is lucky enough to know the top card of his or her library.

Topdeck
To play a card you just drew, especially at exactly the time you need it. This is also known as a "mise" or "rip". Many non-scientific "techniques" have been developed to perform a perfect topdeck, but many tournament players build their decks using "tutors", which are cards that actually move desired cards to the top of the deck. The chances of a top deck are dependent on the number of "wanted" cards left in the deck. For a burn deck to top deck something Bolt-like is not as impressive as drawing a card of which there is only one copy of in the deck and which only covers a single situation.
To have no cards in hand, so that you are topdecking (sense 1) every card you draw.
To put a card on top of your library from somewhere else, usually your graveyard or elsewhere in your library.

Bad Beat
A subjective term used in both MtG and Poker for a hand in which a player with what appear to be strong cards nevertheless loses.
>>
>>46706148
>wizard's souls tl is ded
Now I'm sad.
>>
File: skill intensive.gif (2MB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
skill intensive.gif
2MB, 312x445px
Is luck a skill?
>>
>>46706148
next time try making deck with 16 lands and it will work better
>>
>>46707055
only in Innistrad and DOTA
>>
>>46707055
Knew someone would post this. I love the look Kibler
>>
>>46707055
What's going on here?
>>
>>46707352
"... and LSV exchange", is how I meant to finish that.

>>46707362
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDJTCYEg3Tc
>>
>>46706964
I feel your pain Anon.

Don't worry, we'll get the full thing eventually.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.