[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The entire late-war Zeon Army is on a planet invaded by a single

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

File: 5743222.jpg (17KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
5743222.jpg
17KB, 320x240px
The entire late-war Zeon Army is on a planet invaded by a single mid-sized Space Marine Legion. Orbital bombardment is prohibited because of blah blah precious archaeotech.

Who wins?
>>
>>46551213
>a single mid-sized Space Marine Legion

So, what, several tens of thousands of space marines and their various serfs, vehicles, and wargear?

Yeah, SM.
>>
Space Marines, easily.

The best Zeon stuff is meant to be used in space, not on planet.
>>
>>46551320
>>46551279
How would astartes counter thousands of mobile suits?
>>
>>46551524
Their various forms of heavy weaponry and tanks.

It's not like they don't go up against the Tau or anything.
>>
>>46551524
Late-war is actually worse for Zeon. The whole reason Zeon lost was because the war was prolonged; they couldn't keep up with superior mass production ability of Earth.

Assuming that it's comparable to the battle of Solomon, that's about 3500 mobile suits for Zeon. A mid-sized SM legion is between 120,000 and 130,000 Legionaries, not including supplementary vehicles or wargear.
>>
>>46551213
The effects of Minovsky particles on the space marines' equipment might prove interesting during larger engagements, but if they just adapt and stick to visual I don't think it's entirely outside the realm of possibility that an individual space marine might be capable of taking down a Zaku or the like. Bolter fire would certainly be enough to puncture the cockpit and/or destroy the main camera.
>>
>>46551279
>>46551320
>>46551571

Allow me to explain why these threads are retarded.

These people are retarded. They know a little about 40k, but very little else, so they assume much based on their ignorance, and their assumptions are always wrong.

40k is rather low on the power scale in terms of science fiction settings, largely because it's writers are not particularly imaginative, have little understanding of warfare, and their main goal is to impress children.

These children and manchildren, like the small child who's only knowledge of strength is seeing their father lift up a gallon of milk in one hand, exalt the little they know as the "strongest", making themselves look like fools to everyone else who even has the barest amount of familiarity with other settings.

These kind of 40k fans are the silliest jokes, and let us all laugh at them.
>>
File: 1300469619745.jpg (217KB, 985x788px) Image search: [Google]
1300469619745.jpg
217KB, 985x788px
Astartes would probably like that they can't use their long range weaponry due to Minovsky particle interference. Terminators teleporting around would fuck shit up and I dunno how well Zeon's beam weaponry could penetrate the Void Shield of a Warhound Titan.

A whole bunch of Rick Doms zipping about could really fuck up SM formations though. Zaku Snipers could outrange almost anything the marines could field. I think a lot of the Zeon early war equipment would work really well against the marines since the later war stuff was designed with less armor to avoid beam weapons.

Adeptus Mechanicus would go ga-ga over Zeon beam weapons. They'd also love the Minovsky particles since it could be used to really fuck up Tau weapon doctrines.

It'd be a fun fight to watch.
>>
>>46551779
So basically what you're saying is that 40k wins because you cited no evidence to the contrary, and are just making noise because it upsets you.

Okay.
>>
>>46551744
Whats a minersky particle, serf? Sounds like Chaos filth. Our litanies FOR THE EMPEROR will overcome your sorcerous heresy!
>>
>>46551845
I'm also unaware of how good marine submarine equipment is since 40k doesn't really do underwater combat. The Astartes couldn't ignore the theatre entirely because a team of Z'Goks popping up anywhere there is an ocean route to mess shit up would wreck their logistics.
>>
>>46551856
No, I'm saying anyone who argues with a 40k manchild is wasting their time, because everyone except for 40k fans already recognizes how pathetic 40k is.

Now, go run off to the 40k general where you can wallow in your ignorance and have your fellow fans lick your wounds.
>>
>>46551213
>late-war Zeon Army
>on a planet

Zeon are screwed or at least at a significant disadvantage since most of their Mobile suits are all rigged for space combat by that point. There's also the problem of tons of rookies with next to no training.

With the differences in technology, tactics and numbers it's going to become a grueling slog fest that will mean a Pyrrhic victory if either side actually wins.
>>
>>46551919
Minovsky Particles are the result of a fusion reaction that has higher efficiency possible from classical physics. A breakthrough discovered in the Universal Century setting. They disrupt radar and radio waves and are the reason ships have to duke it out close in the Gundam setting.
>>
File: 1443444076616.gif (2MB, 389x185px) Image search: [Google]
1443444076616.gif
2MB, 389x185px
>>46551933
So what you're saying is you concede defeat.

That's an automatic loss, friend.

If anyone is a manchild it's you, as is evident from the way you conduct yourself.
>>
>>46552084
>You lose because I want you to!

No, you're a manchild because you think that.
In this particular argument, you are doing all the work for me to prove that 40k fans who argue about the strength of their setting really are just racing to embarrass themselves, and you are doing a fine job.

Tell me more about how upset you are.
>>
File: autismspeaks.jpg (57KB, 685x385px) Image search: [Google]
autismspeaks.jpg
57KB, 685x385px
>>46551779
Please anon, tell us more about how the thing you don't like is bad.
>>
>>46551929

This is actually rather curious; for all the drumming up of space marines, it would be quite silly and ironic if the majority of them were actually poor at aquatic combat.
>>
>>46551213
>>46551845

I think the biggest issue here is the fact that the Legion lacks a navy; any ships would have to be manufactured on-planet, and I'm not sure if that's something that they really carry STCs around for.
>>
Zeon just aren't fit for defending a planet. Their entire gameplan is basically blitzkrieg.
>>
File: 648636542763.gif (3MB, 600x248px) Image search: [Google]
648636542763.gif
3MB, 600x248px
>>46552245
>I'm going to call you names and act super superior, that makes YOU a manchild.

Literally all contests hold that if one concedes they admit defeat. You literally admitted 40k wins because you refused to participate.

And the fact that you have the gall to belittle someone else with absolutely no prior knowledge of them and instead act as if you are in any way better or your setting better just further solidifies that you don't know what you are talking about and instead seem to think that buzzwords and spewing bullshit supersedes an actual logical argument.

>lol staymad fag

You're just proving my point. And it's quite obvious the one getting upset here is you.

Have fun preaching about how superior you are to whatever group of seedy kids you hang out with. I'm going to be busy having fun and meaningful conversations with real people.
>>
>>46551213
Bolters are .75 cal, or 19mm. The smallest caliber weapon fielded on a mobile suit was 30mm, the standard Zaku rifle was 120mm, and the bazookas that weren't directed particle weapons (which give no fucks what they hit) ranged from 240mm to 880mm. The slowest platform in regular use, the Zaku II, had a running speed of 88kph. The Dom, which was in use by the late war, skims the surface at 240kph. Add in the disruption to communications and sensing equipment?

Zeeks have a pretty fair chance of winning in a mechanized battle. Take those out and their infantry are boned, but mobile suits created their own special conditions that the marines can't possibly be prepared for and give exactly zero fucks about infantry.
>>
>>46552693
>Literally all contests hold that if one concedes they admit defeat. You literally admitted 40k wins because you refused to participate.

I don't think you understand. In fact, it's clear you don't.
You're attempting to get someone to debate with you in a debate that doesn't matter, and all that does is support the debate that does. You also don't really understand what literally means, but that's just so you don't misuse it in the future and not a further unnecessary jab at your intelligence.

You are mentally a child. You don't even understand what battle you're fighting, and you're scoring points for your opponents because you are exactly as stupid as they are telling you you are.
>>
>>46551779
>Stop posting topics I don't like because I think I'm so cool and mature

god, this autism. Fuck off.
>>
>>46552536
>>46551929
Space marine aquatic combat is dudes in land raiders. Almost all of their weaponry works as well underwater as it would on the surface, they can breathe underwater without helmets.

Basically don't have to change anything. I'd wager they could drop pod down if they really wanted to.
>>
>>46551213
ZEON STRONG!
REMOVE SMURF!
>>
>>46551213
>Hurr my canon can beat your canon
>Noo, *my* canon can beat *your* canon

These threads never settle anything, and always devolve into wankery. Please just stop. I'm asking nicely.
>>
File: 7d1.jpg (80KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
7d1.jpg
80KB, 500x281px
ONCE THE BIG ZAM IS MASS PRODUCED, WE'LL PUT AN END TO THE IMPERIUM IN NO TIME!!!

This is now a /m/eme thread.
>>
File: Chara_Soon_by_TheAmericanDream.jpg (112KB, 600x884px) Image search: [Google]
Chara_Soon_by_TheAmericanDream.jpg
112KB, 600x884px
Nothing in 40K warhams can stop this.
>>
>>46554999
Good guy Big Zam, coming to save the day once more.
>>
>>46555228
>>
>>46551779
Not an argument
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.