[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any good tabletop podcasts like Acquisitions Inc? I'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

File: acquisitions-inc-970x545.jpg (116KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
acquisitions-inc-970x545.jpg
116KB, 970x545px
Are there any good tabletop podcasts like Acquisitions Inc? I'd like to follow a campaign from start to finish. I'm surprised they aren't more popular.
>>
>>46531929
never listened to these guys before, where should i start?
>>
>>46531929
Check out Rollplay. Their Stars Without Number campaign Swan Song and their Shadowrun game are really great.
>>
>>46532073
From the beginning.
>>
File: 1443839001744.png (173KB, 429x450px) Image search: [Google]
1443839001744.png
173KB, 429x450px
>>46532107
>>
>>46531929
That's because most games don't end or have the production values that WotC spends. They are also convention games, not weekly sessions.
And there are plenty of campaign podcasts, mostly just audio, of varying quality of a variety of systems.
>>
>>46532182
He's right, though.
>>
File: campaign.jpg (310KB, 1000x852px) Image search: [Google]
campaign.jpg
310KB, 1000x852px
>>46531929
Campaign podcast

the players are trained in improv, so they're actually funny, keep the action moving[/cut out lengthy rules arguments from the podcast]
>>
>>46532182
Fucking fight me faggot. Its several years of campaign and character building, with references and injokes that make no sense if you don't know the source.

AquInc has been my go-to "workbench background" for a while now.
>>
File: 1458790014288.jpg (19KB, 600x552px) Image search: [Google]
1458790014288.jpg
19KB, 600x552px
>>46532430
>>
I'm a really big fan of "The Adventure Zone"
>>
>>46531929
>>
>>46532461
>Is refuted with logic
>Not making an argument in defence
>Posts "le epic meme reaction faces"

GB2 /b/ faggort
>>
>>46532485
>fark
>>
File: 1453726714590.png (31KB, 207x207px) Image search: [Google]
1453726714590.png
31KB, 207x207px
>>46532430
>>
>>46532469
why? they're barely playing
>>
>>46531929
I'm fond of Six Feats Under. Their 13th Age podcast is pretty great, and they also do a few shorter campaigns on the side as well as a bunch of one-shots.
>>
are there any good Post-apoc, Dark Heresy, or Only War podcasts?
>>
>>46532182
The entire podcast + live shows are great
if you're lazy, just watch the lives ones.
>>
>>46532182
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rXYCmL0roM&list=PLQgwgSb1GXCxbU-IfvGxZG4cscjC1iIh_&nohtml5=False
>>
Just started listening to Adventure Zone and it's been really good so far
>>
One shot podcast is good, although the fun factor varies. Still worth trying out, some are really fun to listen
>>
>>46532816
https://youtu.be/UTTSfN8wpsE
>>
does any one know of any groups that did rouge trader games specifically?
>>
DUNGEONS AND DORITOS

GM GIVES A SHIT, HAS A STORY TO TELL

PLAYERS ACTUALLY DO VOICES FOR THEIR CHARACTERS (mostly)

PODCAST HAS AN ORIGINAL SCORE AND IS PRESENTED AS A RADIO PLAY

WHEN PC'S DIE - THEY STAY FUCKING DEAD

RAPEY NAKED DWARF IDIOT

BRIAN CLEVINGER
>>
File: demigodcampaign.png (2MB, 5047x4053px) Image search: [Google]
demigodcampaign.png
2MB, 5047x4053px
Is there an easy way to convert text into audio?
>>
>>46533600
Tis called text-to-speech. I believe Windows has a TTS protocol built in.
>>
>>46532890
The podcasts are definitely better than the live sessions. The format fucks them up in that the pandering and randumb increase tenfold because that's what the live audience seems to want.
>>
>>46531929
Critical Role, best d&d podcast out there.
>>
>>46531929

Lots of people like Critical Role.
I personally really like Adventure Zone.
There's also Drunks and Dragons.
>>
>>46531929
http://one-shot.wikia.com/wiki/Campaign:Campaign
These guys have solid quality audio with good descriptive RP.
>>
as people have said before, critical role

got me into D&D. Matt Mercer is a fantastic DM

the more neckbeardy of /tg/ will probably hate it because some of the players are shit at keeping track of all their shit but they're all voice actors who do a great job of roleplaying their characters

i will never be as good of a dm as mercer
>>
>>46531929
>That art
Its the same guy that does broodhollow right?
>>
>>46538776
Yeah, Kris Straub. He's also the guy that did Local Weather Service 58.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw_HKzo9Ync

He's got his fingers in a lot of pies.
>>
>>46538806
Spooktacular dude then.
>>
>>46538806
He also played D&D with the PA and PVP dudes in a dark sun setting that was pretty good too.
>>
>>46532073

The top. It's not a 'regular' cast, it's something special they do for cons and promos organised by WotC. Starting from the top ain't hard because there's not all that much content.
>>
>>46531929
RPG replays are surprisingly common in Japan, even becoming a genre fiction of its own. And some people made animated videos of their campaign in Nico Nico.
>>
The initial campaign of nerd poker is great as long as you are not a rule stickler.
>>
>>46531929
The Spoony One's Dethklok campaign inspired me to be a DM. His campaign was short lived but had interesting ideas. LordKat took his own spin on it but he's more of a 'Fuck it, stupid shit is happening now because my players do stupid shit.' kind of DM.

It's not on their websites anymore, but there are other sources.
>>
RPPR has a shit ton of APs that cover a shit ton of games, you're bound to find something you enjoy in there.

In particular my favorites are:

Better Angels: The Spared and the Spoiled/No Soul Left Behind (Title changed partway through)

Eclipse Phase: Know Evil (Fucking huge-ass campaign)

Red Markets: The Brutalists (Beta playtest of one cast member's economic horror zombie game, kickstarting in May!)

Night's Black Agents: Tribes of Tokyo (Vampires vs modern-day Ronin)

Plus a ton of one-shots and shorter campaigns. Seriously, there's an absolute ass-ton of content.
>>
>>46549113
No Soul Left Behind is about a bunch of charter school faculty/staff members who get superpowers after they are possessed by demons and all the trouble they get up to over the school year, both trying to "fix" their corrupt and exploitative school while trying to keep other supervillains/heroes from wrecking it. It's basically "PC Logic: The Game" and it's glorious.

Know Evil is a game that spans from Venus to Luna to Earth orbit to Mars over something like 30 sessions in the course of one enormous conspiracy, which starts when an undercover Firewall agent's backups are found to have been corrupted within the server somehow.

The Brutalists is about a bunch of mercenaries in the zombie apocalypse trying to make enough money to smuggle their families into the zombie-free government quarantine zone, and all the moral lines they have to cross in pursuit of their paychecks. Really great shit, lots of horrific ideas like survivors converting a pool complex into a zombie-American Ninja arena where captives fight the undead while people bet on their lives.

Tribes of Tokyo is about a group pf private investigators in Tokyo who bark up the wrong tree and find a Korean vampire waiting for them, and the crazy lengths they go to kill just one of the fucking things (Hint: their first success involves a harpoon gun and eleven car batteries).
>>
Drunks and Dragons is easily the best imo I like that it actually feels like a group of friends playing D&D and having a good time. Most other podcasts I listen to feel to manufactured if you get what I mean.
There's also thrilling intent which is a youtube series not a podcast but it's very fun, they stay in character most of the time but it still feels like they are genuinely having fun as friends.
>>
I'd like to recommend the Glass Cannon podcast. It's a pretty fun Pathfinder podcast
>>
>>46552116
This
>>
What I listened to, not necessarily to the end.

>Adventure Zone
Starts strong, but quickly devolves into how not to D&D. We've got
the DM would much rather run a sci-fi campaign and injects dozens of one-bit characters with silly accents without giving anyone any development,
the players who don't care about the game enough to remember the rules, interact with the NPCs, or take anything seriously, and keep making stupid pop-culture references
and the story the DM has to tell. It serialises well and might have worked in a cartoon, but for a game it's just bland.
That said, it's still entertaining. The hosts are pretty funny.

>Rollplay West Marches
This is how to D&D, in my opinion. It's got a large rotating cast in a huge hexcrawl, so sessions can be barely connected. Takes a while to find its tone. Players vary from boring and annoying to great. The ep with the worst characters ever is actually one of the better ones, by the way. Seriously.

>Rollplay Swan Song
Pretty dark game with a strong cast. A bit slow, but serious and focuses heavily on character interactions.

>Rollplay Mirrorshades
Yeah, I don't like this one. Two out of four characters are boring, another is mute, and the last is just there.

Any suggestions for something sci-fi that isn't too serious?
>>
>>46531929

Role Playing Public Radio does fantastic general advice in their main podcast and then do Actual Play on the side, mostly Cthulhu stuff.
>>
Not D&D but I highly recommend Cthulu & Friends
>>
>>46551893
Seconding Drunks & Dragons. My only gripe is that Jennifer Cheek can be a little annoying most of the time, but overall the cast is solid, and I really enjoy tMichael DiMauro as a DM.
>>
>>46532614
It's first and foremost it is a comedy podcast. I can't speak for the other anon but I like it because it's funny. Also, a well executed campaign is not necessarily entertaining to listen to.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.