[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/&/Wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness & World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 363
Thread images: 39

File: Abyssal Emenation Realm.jpg (358KB, 949x741px) Image search: [Google]
Abyssal Emenation Realm.jpg
358KB, 949x741px
No gay werewolves edition.
Last thread >>46463055
http://pastebin.com/NjH6gQqi
>>
Chronicle of Fagness
>>
>>46490114
You are very good at this. Very dedicated. It's impressive, even.
>>
#hunterrightmatters
>>
>>46490147
Not really since I only do it when the other guy/goys doesn't do it.
>>
>>46490159
#notallmages
>>
>>46490182
#GodIAm
>>
Has anyone ever run a medieval fantasy game using oWoD/nWoD/CoFD? How did it go? What material did you use?
>>
Is Father Wolf a dilf?
>>
Is this company dead yet?
>>
>>46490254

I used Mage and beat everyone else
>>
>>46490406
Mother Wolf was a Manwhore.
>>
>>46490406
>Implying male
Come the FUCK on, Anon, MOTHER Wolf is a total milf and a strong independent woman that had so many kids an was super respectable an cool an sexy an fuck you
>>
>>46490504
>>46490490
>Mother Wolf

Alright. What's the deal with this meme?
>>
>>46490504

Milf werewolves?
>>
>>46490406
Father Wolf is a dead.
>>
>>46490207
#Berniemademewolfblooded
>>
>>46490490
>>46490504
Ummmmm... What?
>>
>>46490576
In 2E father wolf is also known as mother wolf. It's in the show case of other example of werewolf origin stories. While Wolf and the Moon are a constant their genders don't matter,
Because thay are literally Gods.
>>
>>46490605

#ServeTheExarchs

#MagicBitchesAndBlow
>>
>>46490576
>>46490615

At least once in a WtF book, it was mentioned that spirits don't really follow biology, and gender swapping the two is an equally valid version of werewolf mythology, or something like that.
>>
>>46490605
#whatabeautifullie
>>
>>46490644
>>46490662

Obviously a Mage discovered those facts
>>
>>46490644
Also because gender is a social construct.
>>
>>46490576
Basicly it's just OPP offering more variance with for ST's an players. Plus you know, these are fucking spirits, genders don't mean much to them. Mother/Father Wolf is a thing ancient times that's been dead for thousands of years, so if it even had a gender people could have changed it over time. Luna on the other hand is insane and changing constantly, compared to Helios which is a static spirit that will always be... I think male.
>>
>>46490717
He will always be FLAMING!!!!!
>>
>>46490688
Fact: mages could not even get close to Father Wolf.
Fact: werewolves killed Mother Wolf
I'll let that sink in for you.
#werewolfsupremacyfact
>>
>>46490824
>Killed mother wolf
Wow, what a muhsuggykneeist werewolves, killing a strong female diety!
>>
>>46490824
#GasTheForsaken
RACE WAR
PURE ARE THE BEST
>>
File: wizards.gif (25KB, 600x263px) Image search: [Google]
wizards.gif
25KB, 600x263px
I'm a 2e lover who has been reading/playing Mage20 for the last few weeks and liking old mage lore infinitely more than nWoD's Mage.

Sell me on Awakenings factions and drama. I'm not here to edition war, I'm just here to listen. What makes nWoD Mage cool?
>>
>>46490926

Gnosticism as opposed to Solipsism.

That's ultimately all it boils down to; you can port everything cool in oMage into nMage and vice versa, but one setting is gnostic and one is solipsistic and that's an unbreakable tenet.
>>
What the fuck is solipsism? >>46490978
>>
>>46490472

Neither of them, no. Onyx Path's still kicking and White Wolf's apparently gearing up to get started with their Slot Machine Slush Fund.
>>
>>46491011

The belief that nothing aside from yourself is real. oMage is solipsistic due to consensual reality; it's literally founded in "I want it to work this way hard enough, so it does." It means everyone else (or, more accurately, everyone who can't out-power your will with their own) is functionally just a puppet in your own personal playground, not a "real" person.
>>
>>46491011
philosophically that only your mind exists and everyone else is an illusions

I think he's referring to oWoD's "Reality is subjective" bit vs nWoDs "Secret link to the supernal" bit??
>>
>>46491030
Huh. I kinda thought White Wolf was finished.
>>
>>46491253

Nope, Paradox Interactive bought them in October and has made them into a semi-independent subsidiary.
>>
>>46490655

#ClaimedArePeopleToo
>>
>>46491279
So who's running what? How many of the old white wolf folks are at onyx path or at new white wolf.
>>
>>46491787

Paradox runs White Wolf, which has exactly two employees: the CEO of Paradox, and Martin Ericsson, the Creative Director and infamous Nordic Larper. They are hiring a third person, an editor. We will see who that is.

Onyx Path is pretty much a collection of former White Wolf employees who were laid off with the CCP closures, as well as people who've been freelancing for WW for years. There's also some new blood.
>>
>>46491787
>So who's running what?
OPP: Owns Aberrant/Trinity, Scion, and Pugmire outright. Will continue to do nWoD and Exalted for the foreseeable future. Will probably finish out the 20th Anniversary books.

WW: Will make 4th edition oWoD and oWoD in general from there on out.

>How many of the old white wolf folks are at onyx path or at new white wolf.
Not sure on this.
>>
>>46491787
>How many of the old white wolf folks

#GetOffMyLawn
>>
>>46491846
Interesting that WW is going back to making oWoD material.
>>
>>46492086
They want it to be a big multi-media blitz with a AAA video game and they have big dreams like an LCG and a Netflix show. They stated that it was a hard decision, but Masquerade was the way to go, with the lore and stuff they can use to fill it out.

Whether that will WORK remains to be seen, but... they've been making OWoD material for a while. It's called the 20th Anniversary editions.
>>
>>46492141

I'm expecting it to work, but maybe not to the extent they hope it'll work.
>>
>>46492168
I am hoping it will. It'd be cool to see a Daredevil or Jessica Jones-quality Netflix show based around Masquerade.
>>
>>46492219

I agree! I think there's excellent television material to be had in a Vampire: The Masquerade series. Even Kindred: The Embraced showed that there's some promise to the concept. It also look like the Urban Fantasy (the dreaded word that makes Dracula hiss and retreat) fad hasn't quite died down yet and probably won't for a while.
>>
>>46492237
KtE gets a lot of flack, but it was a way to get it into the mainstream, which could only really have helped the brand. Too bad the main actor died in a motorcycle accident before it could be moved to a different network as planned.
>>
This might seem like a dumb question, but I don't see a clear answer to it in the CofD rulebook: when it says that buying a skill costs "2 Experience per dot," does that mean each dot costs exactly 2 XP, or that a new dot costs (2 x dot rating) XP à la nWoD 1e?
>>
>>46492545
Each dot of skill costs 2 exp, flat across the board. There's no # x raiting shit anymore.
>>
>>46492545
Only 2exp. It a flat system now.
>>
>>46490406

I unironically want to roleplay out getting knocked by Father Wolf
>>
>>46492577
>>46492578
Okay, cool. I figured that's how it worked, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't just misinterpreting and drastically under-costing everything when my group finally moves to the new edition.
>>
REAL MUMMY HOURS WHO UP

CURSE THAT MUTHAFUCKIN LIKE BUTTON
>>
File: Wodinferno.png (840KB, 612x792px) Image search: [Google]
Wodinferno.png
840KB, 612x792px
You have until this thread 404s to figure out how to adapt the seven deadly sins-centric Vestment mechanics, Vice dots, demonic classification, and concept of sin from Inferno to 2e.
>>
#CarthiansForBernie
>>
>>46492642
Don't forget you don't get exp like in 1E, you get beats.
>>
>>46492644
>real mummy hours
>Not real niggah hours

Come the fuck on, there ain't no -MUMMIES- in this bitch, this Black vampire hours, muh niggah.
>>
>>46492673
Dread powers and shit.
>>
>>46492644
I want to run Mummy so bad, but I'm having the hardest time convincing myself that I can actually make a good chronicle out of it.
>>
>>46492675

#ExarchsForHillary
>>
>>46492677
Right, of course. The beat system sounds pretty neat, but I wish I had a better idea of how many beats people are actually expected to earn during a session (~5 maybe?) and where they should primarily be coming from (Conditions mostly? or Aspirations?).
>>
>>46492675

#MakeCofDGreatAgain
>>
>>46492731

If Assasssin's Creed can make a story that jumps between history and the modern day that's entertaining despite being made by the retards at Ubisoft, than surely you can do it.

Alternatively, do a game where you play as the high-tier Cultists; the occultists, assassins, and the like who do the exciting missions across the globe for their undead patron. It's basically Night's Black Agents, but you're the Conspiracy!
>>
>>46492603
*Knocked up by Father Wolf's knot.

Dammit anon you can't even spell out your impregnation fetish of carrying a god's pups correctly.

How long would Father Wolf's knot tie somebody to him after he fills them with his seed?
>>
>>46492844
Oh don't get me wrong, I totally see the potential for adventure and mystery and all that good shit. My problem with Mummy—granted, I'm not all the way through the books yet—is that the HUMAN element isn't as readily apparent to me. When you wake up as a desiccated killing machine with no memories, and you've got the Descent at your back pulling you inevitably toward the grave, do you ever have time to just, you know... do normal people shit?

'Cause to me that's what makes CofD interesting: juxtaposing the characters' human lives with their supernatural ones. It seems a little trickier in Mummy. I've got some ideas, but none of them seem good ENOUGH to sustain a whole chronicle, if you get what I'm saying.
>>
>>46492777
Ideally, you'll earn 4-6 beats per session, from a mixture of all the available methods; you can resolve, at most, 3 aspirations per session, you probably won't ever have enough conditions to get 5 beats from resolving them/fulfilling the Beat requirements, Exceptional Successes are rare enough that you can't really rely on them for beats, and while you COULD take enough Dramatic Failures for it, in theory, you're gonna be having a bad time if you fail that badly for 5 scenes of every session.
>>
Anyone notice the reference to the "Mystery Cult Influence" Mage Merit in The Sundered World (p. 48)?

Has Dave ever discussed the merit?

Will mages in 2e now be able to lead loyal cults like Mummies?
>>
File: WeJustDon'tKnow.gif (1002KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
WeJustDon'tKnow.gif
1002KB, 250x251px
>>46493089
>>
>>46493089
I doubt it will turn mystery cults into mummy cults. It be cool but I doubt it.
>>
>>46493089

It literally just gives you the benefits of a Mystery Cult Initiation without the narrative constraints of active membership.
>>
>>46493089

I'm guessing the merit will be the equivalent to something like Allies 3 (loyal cult thugs and flunkies), and not nearly as impressive as a Mummy's cult.
>>
>>46493089
I assume it's referencing something in Mage 2e that expands the Mystery Cult Merit from GMC. You won't know until Mage 2e comes out.

Also, huh, the PDF for the new Black Hand book drops tomorrow. Time to find out if what was spoiled on here about vampires not having souls and such, as mandated from new WW, is actually true.
>>
>>46492953

The human element in Mummy is the handful of self you have left. You're an immortal godlike servant of a cruel empire five-thousand years dead... but who are /you/ in all that? When you're torn between the poles of "ancient occult purpose" and "a foreign world full of nee things and odd people," what are the little things that you still enjoy, still find familiar?

Yes, you're The Eternal Shipbuilder who sailed with the bull-jumpers and age ago and died trying to save Constantinople from crusaders... but you were also once a man, a man who loved his craft; you cling to that. You are an immortal slave-monster, so how do you handle the revelation that you're basically enslaving your Cultists and making the, disposable pawns?

Apotheosis is the human element of Mummy; the struggle the reclaim your sense of self in the face of alien desires and the weight of ages.
>>
>>46492953

You wake up in a foreign country where nothing makes sense and you don't speak the language; a handful of people approach you reverently and help you, doing whatever it is you need. Some of them irk you, but some of them you generally enjoy, and after a year of their company you start to feel comfortable. There are places you like hanging out in, topics you've grown opinions on, works of art and media that have moved you to tears. You go to bed.

When you wake up next, these friends have been dead for a thousand years, and you can't even remember their names. The things you liked have been ground to dust save for a park bench you used to sit on, now preserved in a museum. Everything is new and wrong again, the language and faces and customs are alien once more, and you struggle to see why you should bother learning all of it again.

This is the Arisen existence ad naseum, and the choice between detached callousness and clinging to beauty and passion and identity is the core of the game even more than Egyptian magic or secret history.
>>
>>46492865

thinking about pumping litters of his strong puppies out of my body overwhelmed my ability to type coherently

I wanna play a horny Blood-Wise
>>
>>46492953
That's a legitimate point. Here are some of my thoughts.

Before your Mummy was a desiccated killing machine he or she was someone. There's a personality deep in there that comes out, over and over, through Memory. The race to gain memory is a huge part of Mummy, but even a low Memory Arisen has his basic personality intact. Indeed, you can get additional horror from the idea that you've done this all before.

In my mummy game my ST uses highlander-style flashback arcs to show stuff our meret did during past resurrections. It adds a lot of fun flavor to the game; I think my favorite one is about how the Su-Menetet converted to Christianity, basically stealing the life and family of a follower who he considered too noble to allow to be forgotten.

As far as the ticking clock goes, you can always stretch out the Descent. We ended up doing that, saving Descent rolls for when we really fucked up or when it was appropriate in the narrative. If you don't want to futz with the time mechanics (which are that sweet spot between vague and precise that manage to be incredible inconvenient.), the game has several mechanics to put off or reset the Descent, including resetting the current level of your Descent by punishing a sinner under your Judge's auspices. With the right ritual murders that week at Sekhem whatever can last a long time.
>>
>>46493172
So what do you think, are we getting revised Space Vampire AIDS Vicissitude? Or do you think we'll get it as a joke reference?
>>
>>46493451
>Aspiration: Fuck a God

Would you allow this as your table?
>>
>>46493557
Fucking of course, Anon, that would be a weird ass aspiration and probably come with some interesting requests/after effects.
>>
>>46493535

I'm betting joke reference. It seems like the Black Hand is going to be given a more sober treatment this time around, at least that's what I figure.
>>
>>46493557
Fuck an Arisen in God King mode, or a werewolf.
#werewolfsupremacyfact
>>
>>46493233
>>46493366
>>46493485
Thanks, guys; you've given me some legitimately good shit to think about. Like I said, I REALLY want to like Mummy, I'm just having a harder time seeing all the possibilities with it than I've had with other game lines. I made Geist work for my group, though, so I can probably manage Mummy with enough effort. It's a shame it's one of those games that doesn't get talked about more often.
>>
>>46493485
I actually like that idea of delaying the descent. Maybe work it similar to how Beast has an alternative way of losing satiety.
>>
>>46492994
I gave beats a shot and it lasted about like, a story arc before things were so confused I said fuck it, we're going back to flat XP gains. I just give out reroll tokens when they do something that'd earn a beat.

IMO they're cool in concept but in execution only really work in smaller, very frequent games and give too much control over character progression to dice rolls, but that might just be my playstyle.
>>
>>46493704
How did you make geist work? Just wondering.
>>
>>46493557
Depends on the game. I think it'd be fine for Exalted or a similar mythic/fantasy flavored game.
>>
>>46493557
Sure, yeah. I can see a lot of ways it'd be possible, as long as the player and the Storyteller are willing to play a little loose with their definition of "fuck a God."

e.g. The intercourse doesn't have to be literally physical, for one. Even if it does, there are plenty of God-like entities wandering around the World of Darkness that could be valid (if very dangerous) targets for fucking. Or perhaps the character has sex with some sort of priest or Mage that's in the middle of channeling a powerful outsider (I was just reading up on the Sodality of the Tor in Legacies of the Sublime, so this seems particularly relevant).

Anyway, it's far from impossible. As long as it fit the game at hand, I'd allow it.
>>
>>46493704

Mummy's my favorite game and I'm in every fucking /wodg/ thread, you can expect a reply whenever you bring it up.

Any other questions or things I can help with?
>>
>>46493704
The city-book and guild-book help too by really going into how mummies interact with each other, something the main book was lacking in.

I will say forever that Mummy absolutely needed a loyalist perspective book; we get a lot from the crazy Deceived/Devouter worshiper perspective and the renegade mummy perspective, but loyalists never really get their say in the narrative.
>>
>>46493858

Mummy was my least-favorite CofD game until I read Book of the Deceived; now it's my favorite. It's /that/ good.

>t. atamajakki
>>
Same group as the Christian mummy: I'd also like to say that you can get a lot of human moments with your Meret (aka party). Though mummies can sometimes preserve the most loyal of their followers--to be honest it's never come up in our game--the only people who act as constants throughout their 6,000 years of undying servitude are the same handful of Arisen. Even if they don't remember what all of that time shared was like, they'll see each other and go, "Oh yeah, this guy!"

I have a lot of fun with my character's relationship to the group as a whole, because he's something of a put-upon nerd who always defers to the guys who actually act like immortal god-kings. But he's been gaining Memory lately, and the more he remembers the past the less patience he has for their collective bullshit, which has remained unchanged for millennia. These two are always trying to one-up each other, those two are like an old married couple, that guy goes native at the drop of a hat (yes I'm talking about the Christian one, all the other Arisen think he's weird for earnestly following a faith 1/3 his age). But he cares about them more than anything else, because despite the cults and tombs and artifacts, they're all they really have.

Party unity is a part of any splat, but I think it's one of the secret major themes of Mummy.
>>
>>46493743
My go-to strategy for running WoD games is to ask, "What are the interesting, human questions here?" With Geist, I saw one clear answer: what is the value of a second chance? Who deserves a second chance, and what do you once you've got one?

So I played up that idea as much as I could. I started the game with all the characters as mortals to give them a feel for their normal lives, so that when they came back with Geists in tow they had a lot to think about: what business would I have left unfinished if I had actually died? Whose lives would've been effected if I didn't have a second chance? Do I even deserve this chance? What can I do to prove (to myself) that I deserve it?

So it definitely ended up being a lot less about the sin-eating stuff. I mainly used ghosts as sub-plots intended to bring the characters in contact with human characters (or my lovable cast of Sin-Eater antagonists) who had regular, human problems that resonated with the PCs' own personal struggles to define the value of the own lives.

In the end, I did kinda feel like I hadn't exactly run the game the book intends for you to run. But since the finale was good enough that it managed to bring one of my players to tears and I was pretty close myself I consider it a success.

>>46493840
Good to know.

>Any other questions or things I can help with?
I guess some of the setting details still haven't totally "clicked" for me. Like the guilds? I get WoD has a love of giving every supernatural neat, organized categories, but... I don't know, they just don't seem very relevant. Have you found that that stuff matters at all when playing Mummy? Or is it all about the individual personalities plus their cults or their Judges or whatever?
>>
>>46493743

It's...I wouldn't say it's easy to make Geist work, but with a strong enough ST hand and a real focus on "no really, this is your second chance, you've got to make this work for everyone", you can eke a strong Chronicle out of Geist's materials.
>>
>>46494111
I think my life goal is to bring someone to bittersweet tears as a GM
>>
>>46493967
Oh my god I think Jean's gone native like four separate times.

Cosplayin ass motherfucker.
>>
That gets me thinking. WoD is a game(s) where a certain amount of moral ambiguity is expected of players. Morality/Integrity/etc exists so that you can and will lose it. But some splats put a lot of emphasis on comradery. Werewolf leaps to mind but almost all of them besides Vampire really present the bond as near-sacred.

So how close is your coterie/pack/cabal/cell?
>>
>>46494111
>"What are the interesting, human questions here?"
Literally the best part of any WoD game.
I get that some people like the alien super-powers parts, but to me it's how the characters do mundane day-to-day shit that makes/breaks a game.
>>
>>46494166
They fight constantly.
Some of it's good natured, some of it's... Not.
They're not really a good team.
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 529x470px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 529x470px
>>46494111
>TFW world of darkness has always really been about being Human.
>>
File: conga.jpg (26KB, 236x377px) Image search: [Google]
conga.jpg
26KB, 236x377px
>>46490586
>>46490101
YOU CAN'T STOP MY MOVES.
>>
>>46494152
Honestly, that was hands-down my proudest moment as a GM.

What's even more amazing is that the moment was triggered by one of the antagonists hitting Synergy 0 (which, if you're not familiar with Geist, is perma-death in a game all about people coming back from the dead). The player was actually crying over one of their ENEMIES dying for good.

That tells me I played some damn-good villains. And I would never call myself a great GM, but shit like this reminds me why I put so much hard work into it.

>>46494175
>>46494221
Amen.
>>
>>46494111
Guilds are a real big deal; they're the secret societies that shaped your mummy's magical and artistic abilities in the days of the living, and still continue to protect their secrets as Deathless god-kings. Your guild are your peers, people who GET your work and can appreciate you in a way no one else in the world can.

My mummy's an architect and while he has enemies in his guild, he always shows them more courtesy than other enemies because they understand him in ways even his brothers in the meret don't. He'd just straight up ruin an enemy of another guild and don't ask what he'll do to non-mummies, but fellow Tef-Ahabi get an excited conversation about new architectural techniques and the growing global marketplace before being left to their horribly ironic doom.
>>
File: Congaconga.jpg (1MB, 1575x2475px) Image search: [Google]
Congaconga.jpg
1MB, 1575x2475px
>>46494258
>>
>>46494221

And that's why Mage is the best, they're the most human but also the biggest monsters
>>
File: congacongaconga.jpg (102KB, 318x380px) Image search: [Google]
congacongaconga.jpg
102KB, 318x380px
>>46494294
>>
On the topic of being human, what mundane bullshit does your character do?
Bonus points for doing it during a session and not just in down-time.
>>
File: congacongacongaconga.jpg (73KB, 317x475px) Image search: [Google]
congacongacongaconga.jpg
73KB, 317x475px
>>46494312
>>
>>46494304
I think hunters have them beat on that aspect. I get the power going to your head thing, but hunters are so drenched in blood and secrecy they're scary.
>>
File: congacongacongacongaconga.jpg (33KB, 296x475px) Image search: [Google]
congacongacongacongaconga.jpg
33KB, 296x475px
>>46494335
>>
>>46494325
My mummy has a running chess game with the Maa-Kep in the party that's implied to have lasted for a couple thousand years. They've also gone out for sandwiches mid-case once or twice, my asshole mostly enjoying complaining about Ankou's peasant taste in everything.
>>
>>46494111
Mummy politics don't often play like, say, vampire politics because you don't often have enough awake at once to get a whole functioning system or hierarchies, That said, in my game guilds play a major role in how the characters interact with the world, each other, and themselves.

Here's my favorite way of thinking of it: Arisen are PROFESSIONALS, they have CRAFTS, and they're goddamn proud of it. A guy who built pyramids looks at a skyscraper. Does he think this blows all his old work out of the water? Does he sneer at the inferior geometry? Does he stark sketching up his own, calling on cultists to explain the mechanics of an elevator shaft?

I think my favorite Guild-related moment in recent play was when my Scribe found out that his ally was dealing with some extremely heretical shit and went, "Alright, I've been cutting you slack, but now it's my duty to levy out a fair punishment. I'm gonna have to audit your cult."
>>
>>46494345

You are wrong
>>
File: congacongacongacongacongaconga.jpg (42KB, 316x475px) Image search: [Google]
congacongacongacongacongaconga.jpg
42KB, 316x475px
>>46494346
>>
>>46494361
>>
>>46494381
>>
>>46494111

Guilds are much more than just your social splat or "what the fuck did I do when I was alive." They're each very odd mystery cults that give the Arisen beliefs to busy themselves with over the long eternities; even if you can't remember what you did last Descent, you can remember what it means to be Tef-Aabhi. They're a comforting structure, something that makes them more than just robotic slaves to the Judges.

It doesn't hurt that each Guild has a neat mythology behind it; the way the Sesha-Hebsu personify truth and history as a living thing in the form of the Scroll of Ages, or how the Mesen-Nebu grasp their concept of objective value in a metaphysical manner are both awesome. You also get roleplaying cues from it; not many people can easily get in the heads of an immortal predynastic Egyptian horror, but you can at least tell them that the Scribes are paradoxically invested in orthodoxy and eternally searching for heretical shit, or how many of the Masons couldn't care less about the past, then your players have something to go on.

Lastly, if you like in-game politics (I don't), they're a resource for that. If you pissed off one of the Maa-Kep a century ago and now all of the Su-Menent know to kill you on sight for something you don't even remember, then that's exciting new material beyond "I do what my Cult wants and go back to bed."
>>
>>46494357
Personally I'd rather hang out with the most chaotic neutral all powerful Mage than an initiate Ashwood Abbey patron
>>
File: Gayracula1983_10.jpg (121KB, 848x794px) Image search: [Google]
Gayracula1983_10.jpg
121KB, 848x794px
>>
>>46494407
I second this. Fuck Ashwood!
>>
>>46494354
>Alchemist and Architect get into a fistfight when the Laborer implies that Heka and Dedwen are the same thing
>>
>>46494423
Funny, that's their motto as well.
>>
>>46494432
oh my god in my meret the alchemist and i are always at each other's throats anyway, that'd absolutely happen.

and she'd kick my ass she's got like brawl eight.
>>
What's a good in-setting excuse for Mages to experience past lives?
>>
>>46494446
If they're a mummy.
>>
>>46494434
Well that explains where (>>46493557) came from
>>
>>46494446
THEIR past lives, or someone elses?
>>
>>46494446

They can because they're Mages
>>
>>46494445

I'm jealous, anon. Glad to hear someone out there is enjoying my favorite RPG while I rot in ky little corner here.

>tfw your barbarian-convert Su-Menent zealot who mellowed out after he couldn't save Rome will never see play

>>46494446

Reincarnation is real and bad; souls should return to the Supernal upon death, but the Fall and the meddling Exarchs trap them in the Fallen World. The only way out is Ascension.
>>
>>46494352
>gone out for sandwiches mid-case
Not gonna lie, that was a much funnier mental image when I read it as "gone out for sandwiches mid-chase"
>>
>>46494462

Mummies can't improvise magic like Mages do. They're much more powerful, but their "spells" are just reciting strictly-ordered expressions of energy that the Shan'iatu mastered.
>>
>>46494484

Would that be Death, Fate, Time, or Mind?
>>
>>46494289
>>46494354
>>46494402
>Mummy politics don't often play like, say, vampire politics because you don't often have enough awake at once to get a whole functioning system or hierarchies,
Yeah, that's what had me scratching my head, I guess: the book goes into a bunch of detail on the history of these guilds and their place in Irem and whatnot, but it all feels so far removed from the Mummies' modern lives.

Looking at them more as paradigms of thought, hints of a former life that remain in little snatches of muscle memory and millennia-old habits—that makes much more sense, though. They're one way to ground the characters in SOMETHING in a game where you essentially start without a backstory, yeah?
>>
>>46494446
>tfw no Mage chronicle set in the modern day that flashes back to The Sundered World and To The Strongest, with the character re-learning an ancient Legacy from a past life and getting vengeance for an old death/finally solving a Mystery that eluded them thousands of years ago

it hurts
>>
>>46494544

Precisely.

>I know my name, I know that I serve the Judges, and I know that I'm a builder of monuments that endure the ages.
>>
>>46494514
I am not sure why this is relevant.
>>
>>46494531

Whatever
>>
>>46492673
Just GMC the mechanics and fix some of the really wonky powers (I'm looking at you Envy).

The fact that core humans now have Integrity and Vices can be anything, actually gave Inferno a proper niche with it's 7 deadly sins / 7 saintly virtue stuff.
>>
>>46494550
Isn't that just Exalted?
>>
>>46494514
Do the Deceived keep utterances when they Ascend?
>>
>>46494579

No, it's better because it's Mage

>>46494514

>Mummies more powerful than Mages

Surely you jest
>>
>>46494578
>envy wonky
>not looking at pride and wrath
>>
>>46494544
Right, its the first stuff you remember. the ancient rituals, the old sorceries, the beautiful works.

the old rivalries.

How many mummies are awake is up to you as the ST, and Necropolis: DC has an example of a large, active Nome. Mummy is also a much more international game than most WoD games; your rivals don't have to be set up in the same city, country, or even century; a deadly enemy could have laid a trap or designed a cult a hundred years ago to attack you while he sleeps, safe from all retribution.
>>
>>46494544
Eeexactly, That said, if you're playing a Sothic Turn game, then everyone IS gonna be awake and hustling to make up for all the lost time with political squabbling that would make the Invictus blush. Every mummy is a powerhouse on their own--magically and politically--so there's no neonates to boss around, it's all shouting matches between varying ranks of Ascendant Grandmaster. Arisen Guildhouses are organized by CONTINENT, meaning the equivalent of Vampire's city politics or Werewolf's backwoods territory can take the shape of international disputes.
>>
>>46494602
What's wrong with Pride?
>>
>>46494599
can we not go into dick waving territory here.

Mummy utterances are ridiculous. I'm saying this as a mummy and a mage fan; in fact one of my criticisms of the line is that a lot of its powers seem hand stitched as a fuck you to other lines because the developer didn't want too much crossover.

Mummies have a lot of mechanics revolving around doing one thing really, really well. Even moreso if they get a bunch of mummies together. Their powers are ridiculously potent, but they lack the creative energy of Awakened magic; instead the mummy must be creative in how he applies that One Thing he does super well, which is a neat challenge.
>>
>>46494584

No reason to believe they don't.

>>46494610

Especially in regards to the internationality thing, Cults are SUPER important. Even the shittiest of Cults can pay for an airline ticket, and the better ones likely have agents on multiple continents; one of my characters is served by an international security contractor, for instance.

Mummies are scarce when it comes to supernaturals; a couple hundred of them exist total, scattered all across the globe. If you remember that a monster killed you in Istanbul 500 years ago, the weapon you need to kill /it/ is in a British museum, and you just woke up in Australia, then obviously you need to get around.
>>
Isn't there a "mummy nukes archmage for 1000 years" spell?

I mean Im sure a team of highly skilled PC mages could take out a mummy but I wouldn't risk it.
>>
>>46494654
It's faux dick waving. Dildo waving, if you will.
He hates mages and hopes that he can make everyone else hate them too by being as annoying as possible.
>>
>>46494642

I bet everyone hates the one meret that got a 600 year headstart on South America.
>>
>>46494673
Cults are also a great way to indirectly flesh out your mummy's personality and history. Are they served by an extended family of professional thieves? A large, ominous corporation with secret hieroglyphs worked into the ad logos? A compartmentalized political conspiracy that has no idea about its own size or ultimate loyalties? Why did it work out that way? How did you, knowingly or unconsciously, shape your mortal followers? What traditions do they hold, and how do they compete to best each other and serve you?

And what might make them think that they are, in fact, the masters instead?
>>
>>46494673
Incidentally: Guild-Halls of the Deathless established that Arisen go missing in Australia way too often for anyone to be comfortable with it, so they tend to avoid it when possible. I really like that little touch. "You must retrieve the relic from... TERRA AUSTRALIS!" "Oh shit, not that place!"
>>
>>46494700

>Hating Mage

Impossible.
>>
>>46494697

That spell is literally the most powerful version of one known only to the highest ranking members of a secret antagonist splat. Yes, it's absurdly powerful, but only seven bad guys can use it, and they're not sharing.

Killing a mummy isn't all that hard. Burn it to ashes and smash its organ jars if you can find them, and it can't bother you for another 1500 years.
>>
>>46494646
Supremacy and dominant sphere together are nuts. AND they're one dot vestments.

They're worse combined with others. Say you took athletics. And the 3 dot wrath vestment inferno. You're now flinging around dex+athletics dice as a rote action that does successes+2 agg damage, with each hit restoring 2 points of willpower. And a miss loses 2 points, but you get the idea.
>>
>>46494700
Oh lol its that guy.

idk dude can't read success or paradox rules not my issue, people still talk about how my mage Unmade our cabalmate's sleeper girlfriend with a badly aimed teleport spell.
>>
>>46494718

Yeah. One of my NPCs has a "Cult" that's literally just several crews of professional heisters, paid through anonymous banking accounts; they likely don't even know the supernatural exists.

Contrast that with the one who appears personally to wounded soldiers and promises them a peaceful afterlife should they serve him now.
>>
>>46494746
Thank god for Time and Life so Mage's powers are all consequence free.

Imagine if the splat who's "horror" aspect is the decisions their hubris leads them to make actually had to deal with the outcome of those decisions. It might make them less likely to use the phenomenal cosmic powers they get for free to trump everyone else at every turn.
>>
>>46494175
>>46494221
>>46494325
>>46494345
This train of posts has reminded me of something I seriously need to correct with my Demon game.
I've given them tragically little time to do shit involving their Covers.(Granted, that's because only one of their Covers has any actual substance, as a high school student, the other 2 are a hobo staying with her baby-daddy and a hitman who apparently only made regular human contact with 1 guy who the player hasn't tried to visit yet)

I need to give them some more human moments, though. So far it's just been a supercut of spy shit with a couple of Demonic interludes.
>>
>ITT: People don't realize their complaints about Mage only apply with shitty players at Mastery or Archmastery power levels
>>
>>46494335
Inaccurate, no self-respecting Mage would go that long without taking the knot.
>>
>Blood-Wise trying to get impregnated by a werewolf
>Storm-Wise with delusions of grandeur/godhood who wants to sell out to Bull
>Sea-Wise just trying to make the fucking dead stay in their fucking graves (and fuck you too, owls)
>Forest-Wise who's letting his body die because all he does is wander the Astral and magic Skype his friends
>Sky-Wise experiencing the Neolithic version of Field of Dreams (regarding the first city ever)

This is your party. What do?
>>
>>46494890
"Everything changed the day the Exarchs attacked."
>>
>>46494929

I don't know if the Exarchs have servants in the Neolithic. The Seers don't even really exist in the Alexandrian era.
>>
File: Pangaea.png (177KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
Pangaea.png
177KB, 444x250px
>>
>>46494975
You're right. The exarchs probably saw the telegraph and said "okay, now we'll start fucking around".
>>
>>46494975
Apparently they don't.
There are just Wise, Wise, and more Wise.
>>
>>46490254
>>46490481
>my post is basically ignored except by one guy making a joke
>meanwhile 20+ #leepichastagjoke posts ITT and wolfdick

This is a bad general
>>
>>46495018
Serious answer though, someone made a fan-splat for it
>>
>>46494798

Honestly, the interlock between mundane life and Demonic life is one of Demon's best selling points.

Surprise, Timmy! Your mom's a secret agent against a mechanical horror while still making sure you get to soccer practice on time.
>>
>>46495018
Did you miss the part where we talked about cool shit like Mummy a bunch? Don't be salty just 'cause no one answered your question, man.
>>
>>46495080
Yeah. Love the knot, like a good mage.
>>
So what splats talk about the loss of memory and identity and ego over time?

MTC and MTR not counted, because those are obvious. And vampire, because the loss of your ego to the beastial nature of your inner self is also obvious.
>>
The Shan'iatu are clearly Strix.
>>
>>46495166

There are more denizens in the Lower Depths than just Strix, you know.
>>
>>46495195
They're also Strix. Demonstrix. Devourerstrix. Dwellerstrix.
>>
>>46495079
Yeah, but like I said, my players were uncreative with their Covers.

The most I could do is 'surprise, mom, I'm actually a biomechanical horror!'
Replace mom with teacher, classmate, or dad for that character. The only connection the other 2 have is the vagrants baby-daddy, who I should PROBABLY give some attention to, desu, since I involved him in one of the local agencies in-directly.
>>
Does the first tongue have a written form outside of werewolf scratchings? The spirit tongue, spoken by spirits, mortal occultists, and purified?
>>
Which splat would be the best to have as a bf/gf?
>>
>>46495195

That's too many owls in one place, my immersion is ruined.
>>
>>46495313
Parliament of Necromancers.

Parliament of owls. Everything is Strix. And probably fucking Exarchies, too.
>>
File: fuckvamps.jpg (33KB, 480x359px) Image search: [Google]
fuckvamps.jpg
33KB, 480x359px
>>46495313
>>
>>46495329
You just know there's some immortal prankster - spirit, purified, mummy, whatever - who has a favorite trick of finding vampire societies aware of the Strix and loosing boxes of owlspainted black into Elysium.
>>
>>46495329

It's hard to believe that this is the form the Scourge of the Kindred take. Yoy'd think they'd choose to be bats or something.
>>
>>46495452
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW7gFu0cAFU

Hoot hoot motherfucker.
>>
>>46495452

They sound like this: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JDmRmRb2OpE
>>
>>46495452
Hey, in mythology around the world owls are harbingers of death that straddle this world and the next.
>>
>>46495452
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeFxdkaFzRA

Respect the creature.
>>
>>46495139
In VtR, the older a vampire gets, the more they sleep, and the more they dream of strange histories, leaving their memory somewhat circumspect when they wake up.

Changelings - the Lost, that is - grow in power and become more and more Fae-like. It's very possible that the pinnacle of that journey is stepping out of the tattered shreds of your humanity and becoming one of the Fair Folk.
>>
>>46495079
knowing that your mom is a demon now that scares me. the only reason your love one is a demon now is because they made a deal with a devil and only fucked up people do that.

suprise, timmy your mom is a secret agent against a mechanical horror and your real mom never loved you, but that all right because the robot demon thing destroyed your moms soul and is now your new mom.
>>
So I saw this in the VtM GM screen, and can't find that mentioned anywhere else. Can anyone confirm if it's just some weird errata, or a real rule or what?
>>
>>46495545

The Fog of Ages no longer exists as of 2e, FYI.
>>
>Changelings - the Lost

ok so i need to ask. are the fae kidnapped people that where turned into changeling?
>>
>>46495660

Some Changelings do turn into True Fae. Others are living beings of narrative native to Arcadia. Irritating Mage fans will tell you they're fallen or exiled gods.
>>
>>46495654
not entirely true. It still happens, but it's the edge case, rather than what's normal.
>>
>>46495582
But she doesn't love you either. You know what she does do? Make cookies at superluminal speeds and fire lasers out of her fucking eyes.
>>
>>46495670
Hardly. Arcadia is a supernal emanation. There's nothing wrong with that, or shameful.
>>
>>46495654
That's why I didn't put 2e after VtR.
>>
>>46495787

what do you mean she doesn't love you. demons can make bonds with humans if near them for too long and those fucking cookies are good
>>
>>46495837
She's tapping into the supernal to make the platonic form of cookie perfection. Of course they're good. You're also addicted, since part of your mind is bleeding into the infinite now to the cookie source.

Demons can make bonds, sure, but she doesn't love you like a real mother. That's why you get cookies and bullies becoming piles of ash - or possibly more cookies - instead of bedtimes and broccoli.
>>
>>46495857
don't you talk about my mama son you doon't no my mama son
.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9L5fEeH-ls

that is sad. i never play a demon who doesn't care for the family. those cookies man they fucked me up
>>
What Sothic turn did the Nameless Empire flourish in?
>>
>>46495891

Turn 0 - when all the Arisen originally die - is 3832BCE.
>>
>>46495974
Shame. Earliest mummies were found 5000bce.
>>
>>46494166
The werewolf pack in the game I'm running get along together a lot better than I thought they would. They're composed of two criminals, a doctor & a high school student & they actually like...have started to develop a report with one another despite one of the criminals and the student needing to get reined in for their bad ideas often.
>>
>>46495997
Yeah, but those are just wrapped up corpses. Not REAL mummies.
>>
>>46495796
>Arcadia is a supernal emanation
Oh you.
>>
>>46496108
So?
>>
>>46496124

Irem literally broke time.
>>
>>46496163
Yes. And if they'd knocked the date back one extra turn, the mummification ritual seen through history could have been a horrible lessened form and an attempt to gain power once wielded by the Nameless Empire.

Now they're just bodies. Doesn't fit so well with the CofD aesthetic where everything is a horrible thing done by X supernatural creature.
>>
>>46492707
mummies are like at least 50% black guys
>>
>>46496190
And black women. And black chicks with dicks and doods with pusses.
>>
>>46496190
They mostly wake up to take things that have been stolen to their rightful owners.
>>
>>46496217
>"RETURN THE SLAB OR SUFFER MY CURSE..."
>>
>>46495616
Anyone?
>>
How would a non-crazy Wyrm vs crazy Wyld look like?
>>
>>46497084
>non-crazy
>spirit
I don't understand.
>>
File: fbsdrzd4.jpg (24KB, 846x349px) Image search: [Google]
fbsdrzd4.jpg
24KB, 846x349px
>>46490114
>Chronicle of Fagness

The greatest gladiator match in the history of the thread: Lore versus fun; fluff versus crunch; Sons of '90s versus guys of today!

>You're gonna go to war?
>That son of a bitch brought the war to us with his "fagness" posts. Jesus, Anon, count the threads... thousands of pages. What's next? Millions? He has the power to shitpost out the entire General, and if we believe there's even a one percent chance that he is our enemy we have to take it as an absolute certainty... and we have to destroy him.
>But he is not our enemy!
>Not today. Twenty years on 4chan, Anon; we've seen what promises are worth. How many good threads are left? How many stayed that way?
>>
What are any Fate spells with the Practice of
Fraying?
My Storytellersaid he grew tired of making up shit that my Improvised Bad Luck spells make happen. Or this Arcanum has no way of harming?
For the same I'll ask about Space and Time Arcanums.
>>
>>46492461
>motorcycle accident

Yeah, I bet.
>>
>>46497342
>Twenty
Thirteen...
>>
>>46497344
I'm a fan of letting every Arcanum hurt people.

Fate enforces coincidence which causes harm, such as an unknown heart defect killing them, an air conditioner falling off of a nearby building, or a frozen chicken falling out of an overhead aircraft (fucking Dresden Files).

Space causes minor gitches or hiccups in the spacial placement of your mollecules. Basic Fraying is only enough to cause semi-harmful disruptions, it takes more proficiency to start disrupting organs, or flat up collapse someone into a singularity.

Time? Man, it's really unfortunate that your heart just aged like 60 year in your chest.

I'm mostly just seeing what 2e has to say.
>>
>>46497507
>or a frozen chicken falling out of an overhead aircraft
What next, anvils?
>>
>>46497609
If the shoe fits.
>>
>>46497628
It's official, Acme is owned by an Acanthus with Matter.
>>
>>46497654
Or a coven of porn star sorceresses with really shoddy control of their magic.
>>
>>46497284
?
>>
>>46497664
and Matter/Forces...anvilgasm

What sort of damage does a flying anvil do?
>>
>>46498043
Fatal. It does fatal damage.
>>
>>46497897
Spirits are turbo autists. Basically.
>>
>>46492731

The thing to remember is, you're never going to really challenge an Arisen in combat much unless you throw in another Arisen/Deceived/Shuanksen and you can't do that all the time.

The conflict in any good Mummy campaign (at least I believe so) comes from keeping your cult/mortals you care about alive and happy and working with memories.

I have about two flashbacks a session that vividly portray some memory or place that links to the current 'mission'.
>>
>>46498328
Turbo-autists with actual OCD.
>>
File: 20160406adrianohq.deviantart.com.jpg (265KB, 1024x1406px) Image search: [Google]
20160406adrianohq.deviantart.com.jpg
265KB, 1024x1406px
So. How good an example of an Unchained using Partial Transformation is this?
>>
>>46494975
one of the story seeds is about the General coming to town
>>
>>46498441
pretty good actually
>>
>>46493535
Who knows. If the spoilers hold up, there's already significant changes to the setting from new WW anyway, like vampires not having souls unless they've achieved Golconda and demons not actually being what the Infernal is.
>>
I have this idea for a Beast who likes to go into the Anima Mundi to explore, and by explore I mean get high off the Ecstatic Winds and talk to raccoons.
>>
>>46495997
Yeah, I know we're a bit freer with the timeline than the main book is.
>>
File: Gaylords.jpg (129KB, 318x211px) Image search: [Google]
Gaylords.jpg
129KB, 318x211px
>>46499156
And most of these new changes suck. Fuck that edgelord faggot Martin Ericsson and his whole crew. Paradox should spend more time making awesome strategy games instead of ruining the World of Darkness.

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, I've considered running an old-school Vampire: The Masquerade chronicle. No metaplot (So Gangrel are still in the Camarilla and the Ravnos are still a clan) and we'll only be using 1e and very early 2e material. I may just only use the 1e corebook once I acquire a physical copy off of Amazon (though my PDF's of 2e and V20 may do in a pinch).

Essentially I want to run a game using the old 1e Chicago by Night setting. It'd be a street-level chronicle where the PC's are a coterie of Anarchs organized along the lines of a street gang.

Pic related, the Gaylords are one of Chicago's oldest active street gangs, although nowadays they're mostly in the suburbs. Before you mock their name, they were formed in the 1950s, back when gay meant happy instead of homosexual.

For reference, here's some articles about Chicago's more notable gangs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Gaylords
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_City_Royals
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almighty_Vice_Lord_Nation
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gangster_Disciples
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_Kings_(gang)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_Nation
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folk_Nation
>>
>>46499177
It's your game, make it how you want
>>
>>46497020

Are you sure your edition of VtM matches up with the ruleset the screen uses? Do you have all the errata for your chosen edition?
>>
>>46499159

As long as your Beast doesn't get blown away by the winds, that sounds pretty cool.
>>
>>46495616
It's a real rule from Revised Edition and is probably in V20 as well. 1e and 2e didn't have bashing damage, just regular damage and aggravated damage.
>>
>>46499837
Anyone interested in a old-school VTM 1e chronicle with a gangland theme?
>>
File: jim cornette fuck this company.jpg (57KB, 583x600px) Image search: [Google]
jim cornette fuck this company.jpg
57KB, 583x600px
So guys and gals of the WoD Fandom, let's just put aside your edgier than thou tendencies and just admit it.

Revised Edition VTM had good mechanics, but thematically it blows. 1e and 2e had shitty mechanics but thematically rocked.

Let's just admit it, V20 is the best edition of Masquerade combining the improved mechanics of Revised with the superior thematics of 2e and is awesome because of its metaplot-neutral stance instead of in spite of it.

Let's just admit it, VTM 4th Edition is going to suck and we all know it. Ericsson is too much of an edgelord for his own good so fuck him.
>>
>>46500111

I am but I just don't have the time. Maybe try the game finder thread?
>>
>>46500220
I think I will.
>>
>>46500207

>Revised Edition VTM had good mechanics,

>good mechanics
>granular target numbers without any solid meaning

I don't gotta admit shit.
>>
I've always wondered why the WoD fandom is so shitty and toxic to both other gamers and to each other. What is it about White Wolf/Onyx Path products that bring out the worst in gamers? I've noticed that WoD fans are a lot more hostile and set in a "One True Way" mentality than say D&D or Shadowrun fans.
>>
>>46500251
Let me rephrase it, Revised Edition's mechanics were improved compared to 1e. Themes and metaplot completely sucked though.
>>
Why isn't there a version of those Opiate Vampires with booze?
>>
So I have the idea of a Slasher for a game I'm running in the future. He's the father if a kid who was replaced by a Fetch and basically goes around killing abusive fathers for not valuing what he lost. Goes by the name of Der Erlkonig and is obsessed with the poem/song.

How do I get my Hunters to investigate and not just call the cops?
>>
>>46500262

Because, for a time, that kind of thinking was kind of encouraged. Remember, White Wolf's old motto used to be "games for mature minds". You weren't JUST playing a game, no, you were TELLING A STORY, and you weren't a GAMING GROUP, you were a TROUPE (not knocking that, I actually like Troupe as a synonym). Now, I'm not saying that White Wolf's crew was full of snobs, I've never met them, but the moment you put it in a nerd's head that what they're doing is better than the unwashed masses, snobbery abounds.

It was for that reason that Ron Edwards went "Hey, ya'll are claiming to be different but this is just the same shit as D&D and Shadowrun!" and the Storygame (and later the OSR) movement was born. Which of course lead to their own snobberies, but it's like I said: give a nerd an inch of grandeur and they'll declare themselves king shit of the world.
>>
>>46500362

Do you have an Undertaking for him yet? You could actually have him be kind of a Jigsaw type, and pull in acolytes from law enforcement and child services. Now it's worse: he's not only a Slasher, but he's got a secular cult.
>>
>>46500362
>How do I get my Hunters to investigate and not just call the cops?
The cops don't believe them. Some fag calling himself the Elf king or some shit is dressing up in horns and reciting shitty poetry and killing deadbeat dads? Come the fuck on, that's the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. The recent deaths? Accidents. This is a happy, peaceful town, buddy. No murders here, so stop spreadin rumors before you get arrested for disturbing the peace.
>>
>>46500487
I was thinking Avenger since he has a very specific target, Genius could work too. It would give then more dudes to kill.

>>46500522
Could also work, though it's set in London so the small time cop thing doesnt work as well. Plus I wanted to make the killings pretty ostentatious.
>>
>>46497507

I think Mages should have like 100 (or more) different ways to kill anything at any given time
>>
>>46500664

You could keep him an Avenger and instead of him leading a cult, just have him be protected by the cops, in a more sinister version of >>46500522. After all, that social worker knew that dad that died, knew about what an asshole he was and how the state (or in your case, a British equivalent) wouldn't do anything. Sure, the killing was brutal but...isn't it worth it if the kids can be put in a new, loving home?

I think whether he's Genius or Avenger depends on how social or physical you want the arc to be.
>>
In Mage 2e, does regular mundane armor protect against direct damage spells that use Reach for Sensory Range, and therefore normally deny the Target the benefit of any Defense?

Similarly, would armor apply when Reach is not used for Sensory Range, i.e., the spell is "thrown" at a Target?
>>
It's Wednesday.

If anything's coming out officially this week it will be coming out today.

So far it looks like V20 Black Hand might be the only one on the list.
>>
>>46501906

I'd say no and yes, respectively, for roughly the same reason that Defense is dis/allowed.

And yes, I would absolutely have armor protect you from "thrown" Mind damage spells, despite the vaguely wiggly logic of that, because fuck Mind. It already gets to be the arcanum that is functionally invisible (I know subtle/vulgar doesn't exist anymore, but being "subtle" as in the literal definition of the word is still super useful and Mind still has a massive advantage in that arena).
>>
>>46502008
>V20 Black Hand
PEACE THROUGH POWER!
>>
File: KANE PERSON OF THE YEAR.jpg (63KB, 600x790px) Image search: [Google]
KANE PERSON OF THE YEAR.jpg
63KB, 600x790px
>>46502084
>>
>>46501906
>>46502038

I would say armor definitely doesn't protect against Sensory Range spells because there's nothing for the armor to potentially block, The spell targets the pattern directly.

Thrown spells are more questionable. If "throwing" is really just a mage targeting the spell/magical energy, I don't see why armor would offer any protection. It's not like leather or kevlar would otherwise prevent the penetration of Supernal energy.

However, when "throwing," if spell first "materializes," this becomes tricky are likely subject to ST fiat. I would assume solid matter like armor would block it if it could do so to the equivalent mundane material, e.g., stop energy or matter, but not mind or fate.
>>
File: werewolf_supremacy.png (19KB, 372x92px) Image search: [Google]
werewolf_supremacy.png
19KB, 372x92px
reading The Sundered World when suddenly
>>
>>46492719
Even the wish granting one?
>>
>>46494740
>AND they're one dot vestments.

You can't have more than one one-dot vestment in a single Vice. That combo is impossible.
>>
>>46502242
Yes. Werewolves are good at killing Pangaeans, and Urfarah's ban is not unique.
>>
Looking at the pastebin, i can't find the 20th anniversary books. I wanted to read werewolf and mage 20, but could not find those
>>
>>46502242

Werewolves were so powerful that they managed to destroy their Pangaean hunting paradise.

Mages were so powerful they broke reality and lost their enlightened, magic city.

#MoreAlikeThanYouThink

#PowerIsDangerous

#BoringVampiresStillJustDead
>>
>>46500487
>>46500664
>>46500762
I would argue against using the actual Slasher template, and instead focus on using Dread Powers and versions of other supers' powers. Give him a dot of Celerity, two dots of Resilience, and a dot of Vigor. Give him a Bane to fathers acting to defend their children and a Ban of being unable to harm a child or victim of abuse. Let him use Mesmerism (from 2e) on anyone who's been complicit in child abuse through inaction.

I should probably look through the Gifts and Contracts lists to see what they can provide for a Slasher or other monster, but honestly Vampire's powers divorced from Vampire make for really usable antagonists, and they're so easy to implement. Hell, use refluffed Hero Anathema.

I just don't particularly like how the book Slashers handles them, which is just giving them 5 dots in everything and one small power.
>>
>>46502242
That's more or less actually how Urfarah was killed. Though modern Werewolves present it as if the bite of the Firstborn was what needed to slay Urfarah.
>>
Werewolf tribes are shit, if I wanted political pussyfooting I'd be playing Vampire. Werewolf is meant to be about a tight knit pack hunting spirits and making sure their territory is the best.
Does 2e make tribes actually decent?
>>
>>46502452
>. Though modern Werewolves present it as if the bite of the Firstborn was what needed to slay Urfarah.
No
they say that only the children of urfarah could do it (his ban was he could only be harmed by his children)
the difference is that all pangaeans have that ban
>>
>>46495282
>• The Beast Book: This stack of a dozen spiral bound notebooks is kept together with thick, dirty elastic bands and stored in an old US Postal Service bag. The lined pages of each book are covered in indecipherable scrawl—what the vampire cult called Belial’s Brood calls “Beast Speech.” It can be read only by vampires who have the special kind of madness associated with it... or anyone who understands the Dragon’s Tongue. (Are both languages one in the same, then? Perhaps.) Anyone who can read it learns the secret names and Testaments of three Dominions of Gluttony.

>Dragon’s Tongue is similar enough to the language of spirits that a character who hears this language (perhaps hearing two werewolves conversing in the First Tongue) might discover her Infernal ability.

All I know is my gut says maybe.
>>
>>46502481
The pack is still the top social organization in Werewolf 2E. Tribes are more like...support groups or repositories of knowledge for certain types of favored prey & certain philosophies.

The city's Blood Talons hold a tribal moot, and the werewolves of that tribe leave their pack for one night to drink, duel & discuss what one does when your silver weapon is bent in half by a spiritually-empowered Pure. That sort of thing.
>>
>>46502481

The Tribes in 2e are largely about hunting a particular kind of prey, like Hosts or other werewolves.
>>
File: aizen.jpg (146KB, 900x885px) Image search: [Google]
aizen.jpg
146KB, 900x885px
>>46495582
>a demon now
Since when were you under the impression, that your mother was ever not a demon/angel?

Those initial Covers created ex nihilo by the God-Machine exist after all.
>>
>>46502557
>Werewolf
>wielding a silver weapon
Isn't that a serious Harmony sin?
>>
>>46502600
It's a breaking point towards flesh, but so is sleeping with a human.
>>
>>46502600
only if you're Pure or actually kill an awoo with it. Killing Uratha generally is a violation of the Oath of the Moon but the Blood Talons' sacred prey is other werewolves so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In my game I had 'em go whole hog and gave the Talons a secret, highly-regulated armory of silver weapons they break out in forays against the Pure.
>>
>>46490655

#NotAllMages
>>
>>46502008

I'm actually excited for V20 Black Hand for some reason.
>>
>>46502008
>V20 Black Hand
>V20
>V

Who cares
>>
>>46502521
I'd forgotten. I suppose Dragon Tongue is more of a dialect of the first tongue. Ta.
>>
>>46502695
Me too, but I like bad guys so I'm not so surprised.

Also I didn't have the problems with the original many owod fans seemed to.
>>
>>46495079
>>46495582
>>46502591
Sometimes an Angel is created to marry, give birth, and have a child, then kill that child on it's 18th birthday or something.
Is that child a Demonblooded?

>>46502672
It's still a Breaking Point to carry it.

>>46502600
They Did What They Had To Do.
>>
>>46502672
>Killing Uratha generally is a violation of the Oath of the Moon but the Blood Talons' sacred prey is other werewolves so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Breaking Points aren't nearly as bad as they are in other games, you'll never lose your character, and you can have Breaking Points that bring you up.

It's a matter of balance, or tossing balance into the fireplace and doing what you like.
>>
File: raw.png (53KB, 457x305px) Image search: [Google]
raw.png
53KB, 457x305px
>>46502752
>It's still a Breaking Point to carry it.
RAW it's not. But I could see it being one at Harmony 3 or lower, or a breaking point generally for a character who considered the Oath VERY IMPORTANT or a Blood Talon who considered silver to be "cheapening" his hunt, etc.
>>
>>46502792
while the breaking point isn't that bad, the in-setting repercussions for breaking the Oath certainly can be! As mild as "lune shouts at you & calls you naughty" or as severe as "exiled from pack, tribe & home."
>>
>>46502806
I could have sworn it was mentioned somewhere that you don't get Werewolves carrying silver to fight off the other side anymore.

>>46502858
Yeah, but you still will regularly do Breaking Points no matter what.
>>
>>46502858
>while the breaking point isn't that bad, the in-setting repercussions for breaking the Oath certainly can be! As mild as "lune shouts at you & calls you naughty" or as severe as "exiled from pack, tribe & home."
The worst and more immediate repercussion is in the fact that "taking damage from silver" is a Kuruth trigger all werewolves have, no matter their Harmony.
>>
I had an idea about a Ivory Claws campaign during the Third Reich where they are all jews
>>
>>46502752
>Sometimes an Angel is created to marry, give birth, and have a child, then kill that child on it's 18th birthday or something.
>Is that child a Demonblooded?
Only if the Angel falls. Otherwise they're just a normal human, I think. Maybe a Nephilim, if you wanna use those rules from the STG.
But an Angel's child being a Demon-Blooded doesn't really make sense, ya feel me?
>>
>>46502975
I do not envy the soldier who decides it's a good idea to start pushing them around.

There's literally a gift that makes humans start worshiping you as a werewolf.
>>
>>46503021
Yeah it's called 'give them the knot.'
>>
>>46503021
>soldier is a werewolf
>suddenly b-movie about nazi werewolves
>>
>>46494740
I use Anything You Can Do from Envy. I have a mental character, all your athletics rolls are now untrained.
>>
>>46503111
Ivory Yarmulkes vs the Iron Cross.
>>
>>46503135
This time, it's Fursonal.

Things are gonna get hairy.
>>
>>46502975
>I had an idea about a Ivory Claws campaign during the Third Reich where they are all jews

Explain?
>>
>>46502135
And I now want Tiberium Vampires, thank you anon. That or a GDI compact
>>
>>46503111
YOU FOOLS! IVORY CLAW SCIENCE IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD!
>>
>>46503283
hm
if you made a rts with a day/night cycle, maybe weather too, you could do a lot with the differences, including allowing for vampire units
>>
>>46502806
Is carrying a silver weapon not a violation of the oath?
>>
>>46503344
just using it against other werewolves
>>
http://theonyxpath.com/now-available-the-black-hand-a-guide-to-the-talmahera/
>>
>>46503462

>tfw the Black Hand release only serves to remind me that we're still waiting for Mage 2e
>>
File: Gotham Academy (2014-) 009-017.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Gotham Academy (2014-) 009-017.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>46494740
Wait that's even better than The Devil's Lighter. The book really is about playing with fire.
>>
File: werewolf grip.png (1006KB, 805x534px) Image search: [Google]
werewolf grip.png
1006KB, 805x534px
I know people would call it edgy and extreme but can we get some pics of werewolves actually biting the shit out of people?
>>
File: owod nosferatu.png (1MB, 812x542px) Image search: [Google]
owod nosferatu.png
1MB, 812x542px
>>46503670
Look at this ugly fuck.
>>
File: noice.png (556KB, 571x1157px) Image search: [Google]
noice.png
556KB, 571x1157px
>>
Wheres the black hand pdf senpie
>>
>>46503719
Isn't that a Pathfinder monster?
>>
>>46503753
For that matter has anyone seen Witch Finders. It's oddly absent.
>>
File: geist the black hand.png (893KB, 808x561px) Image search: [Google]
geist the black hand.png
893KB, 808x561px
>>
>>46503719

That may possibly the worst fucking origin for a Wraith ever.
>>
>>46503719
That is a weird fetish for an author to cram into a game.
>>
>>46503773
>Witch Finders

https://www.sendspace.com/file/eragqv

Enjoy.
>>
>>46503836
>Old WOD
>Weird fetishes

No surprise there.
>>
>>46503836
Chicks dig m-preg
>>
>>
>>46503868
>Chicks dig m-preg

You are definitely hanging out with the wrong chicks.
>>
>>46503916
That looks awesome. Though the skulls look like they'd get in the way if you did anything.

>>46503968
Maybe you are.
>>
>>46502217
>>46502038
>>46501906
>Armor protection against Sensory and thrown spells.

I don't believe mundane armor protects against any direct damage spells.

It may protect against ancillary damage like ongoing fires started by a fireball spell.
>>
>>46503916

Could you post the splat page for the Old Clan?

And what's the explanation they use for the Kiasyd here, Lasombra experiment or Embraced fae?
>>
File: Female Werewolf.jpg (127KB, 633x786px) Image search: [Google]
Female Werewolf.jpg
127KB, 633x786px
>>46503916
Who wins?
>>
File: fat sofia vergara 1.jpg (490KB, 1403x1815px) Image search: [Google]
fat sofia vergara 1.jpg
490KB, 1403x1815px
>>46504040
NP
>>
File: fat sofia vergara 2.jpg (405KB, 1403x1815px) Image search: [Google]
fat sofia vergara 2.jpg
405KB, 1403x1815px
>>46504114
>>
>>46504040
not much about the kiasyd, tho apparently are huge dicks
here's the Maeghar stereotype for them
Kiasyd: Not our fight. Give Marconius and his brood
a wide berth. Do not even let them know you exist, and
you’ll be fine.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s4TqVAbfz4
Essential materiel for any Mastigos.
>>
>>46504186
*with Prime
>>
>>46504052
>First Change on your wedding day
>>
>>46504114

Thanks! Does it say what their favored Disciplines are?

What other bloodlines are in the book?
>>
File: maeghar.jpg (474KB, 1403x1815px) Image search: [Google]
maeghar.jpg
474KB, 1403x1815px
>>46504260
Harbingers, Nagaraja, Old Clan Tzimisce, and the Maeghar, who were "never a bloodline"

There's new old kuldinism stuff, and new necromancy stuff, it's a big book, I'll probably be gettign hardback when comes out
>>
>>46504186

The chains math are tools of the Exarchs and serve the Lie.
>>
File: what the fuck am I reading.png (186KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck am I reading.png
186KB, 700x700px
>>46504114
>>46504132
>a crude tool lulling one to lassitude as a lover's delecately-sighed assistance encourages co-dependent reliance upon him.
>The dissonance in the gravitas of your comprehension
>Always bite the hand that feeds you and extend it to the other.
>>
File: black hand toc.jpg (2MB, 1403x5280px) Image search: [Google]
black hand toc.jpg
2MB, 1403x5280px
>>46504260
>>
>>46504352
That doesn't stop it being interesting.
>>
>>46503839
Huh, thanks.

Prepare to burn mage fucking shits.
>>
>>46504649

Dave has pretty much dismissed much of Witch Finders are inapplicable or just plain wrong as applied to Awakened Mages.

It's still a very sore spot among Mage and Hunter fans.
>>
>>46504708

But the Knights of St. George work just fine in Mage, as do Division Six.
>>
>>46504708
>much of witch finders
>the lobotomize tactic
exaggerate much?
>>
>>46504708
Dave, denying that other splats can challenge Mages?!

Well i never
>>
>>46504114
>>46504132
I'm gonna have to get this at some point. I really like Old Clan Tzimisce. While I don't like Thaumaturgy, I've always like Koldunic Sorcery.
>>
>>46504708

That's what happens when you treat every single book as gospel for an entire multi-book setting (assuming that you actually own every book), instead of treating each individual line as its own setting.
>>
File: 165579-049-A9FC590B.jpg (63KB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
165579-049-A9FC590B.jpg
63KB, 426x240px
>>46504708

Hey, has Dave been quiet recently on /wodg/?

I hope he's using his time to finish the Mage 2e proofing and layout.

All kidding aside, and I know it's not Dave's fault, but the wait for the book is really starting to become quite aggravating.
>>
>>46504708
>It's still a very sore spot among Mage and Hunter fans.
Not really.

>>46504740
Division Six is dumb.

>>46504767
He didn't say they couldn't challenge Mages. Just that the things in that book weren't mutually compatible with the setting of Mage. It's also not mutually compatible with the setting of Vampire or Changeling or Werewolf.
>>
>>46504782

Yes he is, he's said that multiple times. It's on its second Proofing sweep because of this.
>>
>>46504740
>Division Six

Run by Seer Pylon

#MageSupremacy

#HuntersWorkForSupernaturals

>>46504762

You forgot about the whole Quiescence issue
>>
>>46504829
>You forgot about the whole Quiescence issue
which doesn't have anything to do with witch finders, its only an "issue" in 2e
>>
new thread muh niggas
>>46504832
>>
>>46504799
>He didn't say they couldn't challenge Mages. Just that the things in that book weren't mutually compatible with the setting of Mage.

Actually, Dave pretty much said that regular human Hunters stood little chance against Awakened mages due to everything from basic power levels and abilities to the Quiescence.

>It's also not mutually compatible with the setting of Vampire or Changeling or Werewolf.

The fans of the other splats (mostly) aren't nearly as bothered by the "mage issue," although heated discussion due arise on occasion.
>>
File: vampire magi.jpg (535KB, 1403x1815px) Image search: [Google]
vampire magi.jpg
535KB, 1403x1815px
>We believe that you received one or more emails from blahblahblah. That email accused our graduate students, faculty, and staff of inappropriate and unethical behaviors. As soon as we became aware of her concerns last July, we referred them to the University administration and police. They worked with her to conduct thorough investigations of all allegations. None of those investigations found any evidence whatsoever to support any of her accusations.

>We are deeply concerned about Ms. (the girl) welfare—and we are concerned about the reputation of our students, faculty, staff, and program. We offered her assistance while she was enrolled, and after she withdrew, but she declined all of our offers of assistance. We join our university in supporting and standing behind the superior quality, standards, and ethics of our psychology program, and its faculty, staff, students, and graduates. We would ask that you not allow this deeply troubled woman to affect your opinion of us; should you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.

I'm wrapped up in some weird god machine/demon drama.
>>
>>46504902
>The fans of the other splats (mostly) aren't nearly as bothered by the "mage issue," although heated discussion due arise on occasion.
Especially when whiny little shits like yourself keep trying to stir shit up
>>
>>46504951

It's okay, I know the truth hurts.
>>
>>46504852
Its just fagness. Drop the thread.
>>
>>46505014
Whats your problem with Fagness?
>>
>>46505025
Nothing, besides he jumping threads early. We just passed 200.
>>
>>46505049
>358 posts
>"just passed 200"
>>
>>46504799
Give us a link citation, Aspel.
>>
>>46504391
I feel like the person who wrote this doesn't understand English as well as they think they do.
>>
Back on the topic of "being human" in Chronicles of Darkness: Do werewolves get much chance at this? They seem too busy being spirit cops in other realms of existence.
Thread posts: 363
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.