[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warcraft General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 26

File: the true warchief.jpg (362KB, 2000x1250px) Image search: [Google]
the true warchief.jpg
362KB, 2000x1250px
Discuss the viability of the Warcraft universe as a tabletop RPG setting. Have fun, don't be an autist, and keep your cool. This is not /v/.

Best Warchief Edition
>>
File: wheredoyouthinkweare.jpg (145KB, 510x755px) Image search: [Google]
wheredoyouthinkweare.jpg
145KB, 510x755px
>>46487058
>Have fun, don't be an autist, and keep your cool.
>>
Let's assume that Thrall dies fighting Mannoroth. Grom may also die, but that's optional. Who takes over as warchief? What are the consequences?
>>
>>46487159
Cairne would probably earn the respect of the Trolls and less bloodthirsty Orcs and lead them away.
The ones who just want war would probably go full retard and turn against Jaina and her soldiers as soon as they can, furthering the difficult relations.
>>
>>46487159
Cairne, most likely. Grom, if he's alive, may or may not challenge Cairne on this- because the loss of Thrall and the lifting of the blood haze may send him into a fit of depression. Either that, or he would sing the praise of Warchief Thrall, and claim all true orcs should follow in his example to fight and die for a righteous cause, free and unchained.

Vol'jin wouldn't be in the picture as he wasn't very close to Thrall compared to Cairne until more recently.
>>
how long until jaina gets blued/greened/blackdragoned in one giant 4-way?
>>
>>46487387
whenever Wrathion gets bored of of Anduin
>>
>>46487429
whos more of a white guilt leader? anduin, his dad, tirion, or uther?
>>
>>46487479
What is a white guilt leader?
>>
>>46487159
Assuming no previously unknown charismatic orc inspired by Thrall rises up to take up leadership, Horde breaks apart. Various clans go their own way.

World is fucked by Deathwing, or possibly sooner by the Legion or the Scourge.
>>
>>46487565
Would Drek'Thar be a good pick?
>>
>>46487530
It means not wanting to genocide all nonhumans and optionally use their females as sex slaves.
>>
>>46487589
I'm not convinced he would've had enough clout to rally the horde behind him if Thrall were dead.
>>
>>46487589
>tfw badass WoD Drek'thar compared to crippled traitor Cata Drek'thar
>>
>>46487255
But even the most Bloodthirsty ones know that she helped cure Grom who then went on to cure them all.
>>
>>46488053
Forgive my ignorance, but I don't recall Jaina having much of anything to do with the Mannoroth plotline dredged up in Ashenvale.

Please explain.
>>
>>46488252
She gave Thrall a soulstone that let Thrall capture and cleanse Grom without killing him.
>>
>>46488252
>Forgive my ignorance, but I don't recall Jaina having much of anything to do with the Mannoroth plotline dredged up in Ashenvale.
In the WC level where you first get grom sane enough to go after Mannaroth you fight the Ultra Felblood "Chaos Orcs" of the Warsong Clan on the Barrens side of the Ashenvale border (Because they needed an excuse to have the elves NOT witness what went on)After fighting through the Chaos orcs and waves of summoned demons Thrall and Cairne apture Grom with this weird "Soul Gem" thing and drag him back to a circle of shaman, Priests, Sorceresses, and Witch Doctors led by Jaina to cleanse him.

THEN he and thrall go to kill Mannaroth in the Canyon.

(I suppose it makes sense, since Antonidas WAS researching "What the fuck is up with these Orcs and their race-wide mood swing" and she was his apprentice.)

Gameplay advice if you want to play that level with minimum cheating, suck at WC3 and want to see the story

(Use ranged units and especially windrider-riders, Infernals and Felhounds are super weak against ranged damage in RoC)

(Find the death mask in that level plus some regen items like the ring and Healthstone from earlier levels and Cairne's tankiness is fucking insane, he can just pound a spiked building with enemies attacking him and out-heal the incoming damage)

Towers are your friends against Infernals, they deal ranged type damage and a cluster of three can blitz down one of those rocky bastards really fast.
>>
>>46487159
Grom is the only possible candidate.
The reason why Garrosh became warchief is because Orcs wouldn't let non-orcs be Warchief, so Thrall had to find an Orc for the job.

If Grom dies too then Saurfang will be the only choice left.
>>
File: hellhound.gif (1MB, 316x195px) Image search: [Google]
hellhound.gif
1MB, 316x195px
>>46488670
And now there has been a troll and soon to be an undead elf warchief.

Oh, how times have changed.
>>
>>46488446
Jaina provided the soul gem to thrall
Its the single most broken item in the entire WC3 game.

Infernal and felhounds don't take additional damage from towers and they will chew through them eventually.

If you really suck at the stage just use the cheat code. its far more efficient.
on the other hand if you knows what you are doing you can beat the level with nothing but heroes.

infernal have 1500 hp
3 Orc towers combined have 85 dps, still takes them 18 seconds to chew through one.
>>
>>46488731
Well most of the orcs are beaten up in SoO so they had to chill down.
>>
>>46488827
>Infernal and felhounds don't take additional damage from towers and they will chew through them eventually.
Hrm? Did you get a patched versionw ith allt he different armor types form TFT back-patched into RoC?

Because I seem to remember Infernals and Felhounds using Heavy armor that took extra damage from piercing attacks.
>>
>>46488884
infernal and felhound have normal/heavy armor in ROC/TFT respectively, they take extra from magic damage else suffer regular damage.
(and since infernal have spell immunity in most cases they take no extra damage whatsoever)

You used TFT armor type with ROC armor damage reduction.
That's why you remembered incorrectly.
>>
>>46487058
>warcraft general
>not warcraft lore and RPG discussion
>no link to the previous thread

holy shit
>>
>>46488973
I am 99% percent sure the Infernals used Heavy armor since they went down like little bitches to my towers and windriders.

I'll pop it open when i get home.
>>
>ywn visit Karazhan while it was a center of arts and culture in the Eastern Kingdoms and not the infamous Medivh's Tower
>>
>>46489009
you are right.
infernals have heavy armor
>>
>>46489801
Apparently Aegwyn built it with magical power and kept it as her secret base.

Maybe she just added the "Tower" part to the lower keep with the great hall and guest wings.
>>
anyone ever heard of Evelyn Fredericksen ?
She´s a major player at blizzard yet she seems to stay in metzens shadow
>>
>>46490367
Who?
>>
>>46490729

https://www linkedin.com/in/evelyn-fredericksen-358367
>>
File: 40kek.jpg (658KB, 1560x1059px) Image search: [Google]
40kek.jpg
658KB, 1560x1059px
>>46490794
>By the 2nd week, I was pitching in on the next major content patch (6.2). After 1 month, I worked primarily on content for the next WoW expansion, Legion.
>>
>>46490794
>>46490367
she kinda seems to be like a upper mid level dev to be fair
>>
File: The Dark Lord.png (81KB, 265x192px) Image search: [Google]
The Dark Lord.png
81KB, 265x192px
>>46490958
>hiring women

i seriously hope you guys dont do this
>>
>>46491667
see, she seems pretty alright, voicing female gnomes and what not.
>>
>>46491680
>gnomes
>alright

Please stop.
>>
>>46491920
they are easily better than half the races in the game
>>
>>46491934
That's simply not true.
>>
File: fucko.png (316KB, 670x487px) Image search: [Google]
fucko.png
316KB, 670x487px
>>46492251
Gnomes aren't a serious race, but that doesn't mean they're not worthwhile. Personally, I'm tired of memelocs being used as a mascot.
>>
>>46492251
yes they are. They are an optimistic race that look at the bright side of things all the time.
>>
>>46492483
That Mekkatorque short story was a pretty good serious gnome story
>>
>>46492483
murlocs are cancer now.
>>
>>46491667
Don't be afraid, high/blood elves have low sexual dimorphism.
It's surely a woman, you can go all the way through.
>>
>>46492899
I'd shit myself for playable Murlocs in WoW. They're like fishy D&D goblins.
>>
What if Garrosh was the one at the Wrathgate, rather than Dranosh Saurfang, how would WoW change, especially in Cata onwards?
>>
>>46493282
Easy, all that bad shit wouldn't happen. Carine would most likely be made Warcheif because of his age and wisdom.
The Horde wouldn't be trying to shove its dick into every frontier and would try and peruse peace talks with the aggressive Alliance.
No worgen for them either, Sylvanas would probably be lectured on by Carine and not treated like some threat.
>>
>>46493224
If legion fails that is what blizzard is going to do.
>>
>>46493224
I think I'd just settle for the flash games instead
>>
>>46493282
nothing
Just Dranosh will go nuts instead of Garrosh.

Everything after cata is terrible simply because the writers sucks, especially Kosak.
>>
>>46493375
Sylvanas backtalks Cairne. Cairne withdraws Horde support from Forsaken territory. Forsaken lose ground to Dwarves, Stromgarders, and now Gilneans. Sylvanas is forced to crawl back to the Horde and beg for assistance
>>
>>46493375
Huh? Why would it go to Cairne? Some of the books revealed Drannosh was Thrall's first choice for the job till he died.

And sadly
>>46493676
Has it right. Kosak would have just made Dranosh a douche and then we'd have had to watch Saurfang kill his son, and Varian would also be a douche because he didn't get to see Saurfang mourn his boy.
>>
>>46493802
Well that's a bit better

If Varian is still a douche, Theramore doesn't get bombed
>>
>>46493856
Theramore still gets bombed because bz writers want "da Horde Strong"

The background lore after Cata were actually not bad.
(Which is what the hypes came from, people only saw the background lore)
Then Kosak and his group of assholes proceed to butcher it with their terrible writing.

No background change will help because that's not where the problem lies.
>>
>>46494043
Theramore got nuked because the Alliance needed a douche, and since Fandral is dead, Moira is too insignificant, and Varian had stopped being a douche, the only option was to turn a previously beloved character into a douche as if to say fuck you to the entire fanbase, Jaina.
>>
>>46494288
Greymane could have been the douche. In fact, from what I hear, that's exactly what's going to happen in Legion.
>>
>>46494659
Yup, they made somehow made him the asshole in spite of Slyvanas fucking Windrunner standing 3 feet from him.
>>
File: Orc with the cool skinny mace.jpg (125KB, 836x1088px) Image search: [Google]
Orc with the cool skinny mace.jpg
125KB, 836x1088px
>>46495038
When did they get within three feet?

Also the barbed mace is the best mace.
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (4MB, 500x213px) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
4MB, 500x213px
> tfw I created a dragon NPC for a scenario and I already think about creating her in-game
I've been roleplaying too much

How can I escape that hell
>>
>>46495403
eh, dress her as a blood elf.
>>
File: SWOLENARIUS.jpg (810KB, 1280x1970px) Image search: [Google]
SWOLENARIUS.jpg
810KB, 1280x1970px
I fucking love how giant they made Cenarius in the Worgen comic. It just makes me giggle.
>>
>>46496229
and he died to grom.
>>
>>46496200
I had already planned to
>>
>>46496297
Grom cut down a demon the size of a house. He was pretty powerful as pure martials go.
>>
>>46496324
or blizzard has no sense of scale
>>
>>46487058
>don't be an autist, and keep your cool.

Do you know where the fuck you are, newfag?
>>
Why jaina like POC's dick so much?
Fucking blonde bitch just fucked shit up because of her sluttyness multiple times. how the fuck was she a faction leader?!
>>
>>46496766
what?
>>
>>46496766
Because her two white blonde crushes turned out to be murderous psychopaths.
>>
>>46493085
>low sexual dimorphism

But there still 2 genders, anon. woman are and will always be inferior, else there wouldn't be 2 genders. never put a woman on position of leadership.
talking about that, nagas r pretty stupid
>>
>>46496810
At least put some effort and pseudoscience behind it. This is just sad.

1/10 and a (You) because I feel bad for you.
>>
File: implying.png (1KB, 596x168px) Image search: [Google]
implying.png
1KB, 596x168px
>>46496787
>arthas is bad
>purging the city wasn't the only good choise
>we should had just let the dreadlord get away and plan for the next plague
>uther didndunuffin and is righteous and perfect and ma husbando

The Purge and on was purely bad writting. they made this happen simply because bz suck dick, just like they make garithos die despise he being able to solo vari and shitvanas easily for instance.
>>
File: woman brains.jpg (342KB, 1334x694px) Image search: [Google]
woman brains.jpg
342KB, 1334x694px
>>46496819
Nice try roastie.
>>
Garrosh is Garithos reborn with a green dick
>>
>>46496891
brown dick
>>
>>46496901
and now it's red, cause he's dead
>>
>>46496669
Despite your deviltrips, you're kind of mistaken.

/tg/ is still the most civil board of all the neckbeard- and neet boards, so we actually have standards. That doesn't mean we never falter, but to assume we're inevitably going to furiously fling feces at eachother at every given opportunity is wrong.

If you refute our call to excellency wih deadbeat arguments, you're a retard enabler.
>>
>>46496907
Judging by the cause of death, it's probably black.
>>
>>46496861
I like how they added bullshit to show garithos as incompetent.
>he got promoted due to his dad/
>he was a bad leader.
>>
>>46496921
To be honest, I think the reason why most of WoW lore sucks nowadays is because all the fanboys from the golden days now work at blizzard and they never stopped being idealist teenagers, so they're doing everything in their power to shit over characters they don't like.
>>
File: laughing at you.jpg (107KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
laughing at you.jpg
107KB, 1280x720px
>>46496916
>that
>trips

newfag confirmed

>/tg/ is still the most civil board of all the neckbeard
>fatguys are neets
>assume we're inevitably going to furiously fling feces at eachother at every given opportunity is wrong.

>If you refute our call to excellency wih deadbeat arguments, you're a retard enabler.
>*tips fedora*

If you're pretending them I salute you, my kek was audible, but this is no place for such things.
>>
>>46496819
>pseudoscience

*problematic science

>This is just sad.
>1/10 and a (You) because I feel bad for you.

wow great argument, sure refutted the points.
>>
>>46496879
This is better, although you should have taken effort to convert it into post form rather than post an image. Keep it up though.

>>46496861
>muh stratholme
Aside from miscommunication that made him look like a raving lunatic, and aside from the fact that he didn't hesitate to murder his own men, his father and went full on evil eventually, yes, there were other options.
>Killing or capturing the demon directly, and then deciding what to do with plague after its leadership is gone.

>Quarantining the city, digging in and requisitioning more reinforcements and intercepting any escaping scourge

>Sending in volunteers to try and organize evacuation in odd case some of the villagers are uninfected

Presumably some of these would be unfeasible depending on available resources of either party which are only ever stated in game terms, and "kill them all and let the Naaru sort'em out" is the simplest and probably less resource intensive solution. Any of the other, morally less objectionable solutions could work depending on author's will to make them work.

>arthas dindunuffin and is pragmatic and perfect and ma husbando
>>
File: 3ef.jpg (30KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
3ef.jpg
30KB, 500x333px
>>46496920
heh
>>
>>46496921
Garithos was incompetent from get go though. He was an emotional bitchboy that put his personal preferences above strategic objectives.
>>
>>46496861
Sylvanas can fight Garithos if she just run through out his Avatar duration.

He will curb stomp Varimathras for sure through.
Varimathras is just awful, worse than a vanilla dreadlord.
>>
>>46496968
I don't even own a fedora... It's a trilby and I haven't worn it for about a year now.
>>
>>46497016
>woman/sweden
>implying the miscommunication wasn't just bad writting
>thinking killing INFECTED, as in people that will become zombies, is bad and they should intead be send somewhere else to infect others
>implying we had a portal to go to twisting nether to kill the demon, that leaderless undead aren't still bad, and that the undead will wait
>thinking they had resorces to quarentine a city, they will spawn shitloads of zombies later mind you
>implying you can identify who was infected and who wasn't
>killing your own people is lever morale acceptable !!1
>it all could work despise the situation, we just need the writters to want it to happen

>i hate strong white man

Bet you hate Garithos too.
>>
>>46497065
>Varimathras is just awful

You talking shit about mai husbando?
>>
>>46497129
Varimathras is shit

SHIT
>>
>>46497129
You have an Idea?
>>
>>46497016
Quarantining the city wouldn't have been a very wise option. A quarantine makes sense with normal diseases where you expect survivors after the disease runs its course. Magic undead plague is not going to leave survivors. You won't have people who just don't get sick from magic plagues, and those few who didn't eat the grain are going to be slaughtered by the massive horde of undead rising around them under control of a dreadlord. And after that the whole army of the undead comes out of the city and starts killing more civilians and your living soldiers. This is not speculative. Arthas just witnessed this happen in Hearthglen a couple days prior.

Arthas made the best choice possible and Uther and Jaina were frankly insane to betray him over it. Every indication is that the Scourge was driven back on its heels at that point. Had Arthas gotten the emotional support and backing he needed, they may well have saved the Alliance.
>>
Fuck you he's a great hero and has the best quotes you just don't know how to play with him you casual little shits
>implying he doesn't have the best powers
>>
>>46497173
>Uther and Jaina were frankly insane to betray him over it

Betray is a very strong word when he said to follow him into the city or to leave. They followed the option he gave them, it's not like they backstabbed him without warning.
>>
>>46497173
I don't think Arthas was coping well with the fact he'd just had Heathglen turn into zombies and attack him as well as a reasonably large army led by some fairly high powered liches.

Plus Uther turns up and makes light of the whole thing. Its easy to see why he was losing patience with Uther considering that.
>>
Why the fuck is Sylvanas now Warchief?
>>
>>46497231

Because she dunnu do nothin wrong.

Or maybe they plan to actually make the Horde the villains again. With all that undeath and demonology, they are basically back to being the WCII horde at this point.
>>
>>46497240
How could they contrive that motherfucking Sylvanas is the warchief?
Garrosh's story made tragic sense (he was actually literally a tragic hero) and it made sense for Vol'jin to take over

But Sylvanas? Come on, the fucking Tauren would sooner flip off the Horde and leave it before that happened without contrivances
>>
>>46497129
He SUCKS.
Replacing carrion swarm with rain of fire is bad because he is melee and you want him to be attacking since you can stack item on him.
Doom is also significantly weaker than infernal.

The Dreadlords by power are
Tichondrius >>>>>> Balnazzar>> vanilla dreadlord > Varimathras > Detheroc >>> Mal'ganis

Mal'ganis have 2 skills that's completely useless in combat, making him the worst Dreadlord in WC3 data.
>>
>>46497240
>make the Horde the villains again

Oy VEY! what are you suggesting goy, thats RACIST! do you support garhitler too!? REMEMBER MUH INTERNMENT CAMPS!

I wish you bitter elfoginistic virgins would stop hating on minorities for no reason??
>>
>>46497201
Arthas saved Hearthglen, making it one of the only 2 place in plagueland untouched by the plague
He is probably very pissed about Uther mocking him through.
Which is a very weird line to write since someone who is suppose to be old and wise shouldn't talk like that after his favored student just came out of a fight he was forced in and couldn't win.
>>
>>46497288

Blizzard are not exactly good writers.
>>
>>46497265
because Dave Kosak need a good wank for himself.
>>
>>46497293
The line doesn't make sense.
its being more than ten years and I still don't get wtf was Uther trying to say.

> I'm surprised that you kept things together as long as you did, lad. If I haven't arrived just then--

Are you trying to promote him or mock him? come on!
>>
>>46497288
He still got to watch the villagers turn into zombies though. He saved the town but there were still losses.

Uther's comment is werid. But there was the bit at the start where he just dismisses Arthas' concerns about the Black Rock summoning demons as well. I would have thought the fact that they had ritual circles and magical fire was worth looking into if nothing else.
>>
>>46497310

I think the intention was supposed to be something like:

>You did a hell of a job with as little as you had to work with but reinforcements are here.
>>
>>46497320
Uther have being acting like a retard after 2nd war for some reason, getting senile?

Considering the existence of the council of trisfal and the medivh incident no one should think the demons are all defeated.
(Consider uther's high stature, its unlikely he won't know about medivh)
>>
>>46497323
But this line is after the fight was won
Why would he say reinforcement is here?

Its the most bizarre line in WC3, I never got what point he was trying to make
>>
File: Arthas.jpg (136KB, 1438x326px) Image search: [Google]
Arthas.jpg
136KB, 1438x326px
Was Arthas right to purge Stratholme?
>>
>>46497337
Yeah based on those incidents I figure the blow out at Stratholme was a long time coming if that's how the majority of their interactions went.

Things would have probably gone better if Arthas had just stayed with Muradin and gone on zany adventures with him rather than doing the Paladin thing with Uther to be honest.
>>
File: angry crying anime girl.gif (650KB, 647x363px) Image search: [Google]
angry crying anime girl.gif
650KB, 647x363px
>>46497276
F-Fuck you,you don't know what you talking about
>>
>>46497367
yes
>>
>>46497231
Wait she is? I stopped playing before Mists. How the fuck did Vol'Jin die? Didn't he just become chief? Wasn't that a large plot point? Who's going to sit in Orgrimmar; Sylvanas? Then who's going to sit in Undercity? What the fuck Blizzard?
>>
>>46487058
Make the horde great again
>>
>>46497373
Muradin treated Arthas as a equal friend while Uther treated him as a kid below him.
I guess that's the main difference.
>>
>>46497418
saurfang sits in orgrimmar
>>
>>46497418
Pretty much
Also you missed out on the best expansion to date and possibly the last good expansion, since it had its own story rather than continuing in Azeroth

WoW ended right after the death of Arthas DESU, he was the only true BBEG of WoW, especially since they're pussyfooting around the Old Gods

And don't even consider the Leigon being the BBEGs because the Titans stop that shit from happening
>>
>>46497438
I really wanted a arthas redemption story. Instead the edgelords won and now illidan becomes kerrigan
>>
>>46497418
He went missing in Legion and Sylvanus is now the warchief. go thank Kosak for these bullshit.

Saurfang is the one sitting in Ogrimmar atm.
>>
>>46497435
I haven't read the book, but from what I heard he felt like his father preferred Varian to him. I doubt being talked down to by Uther really helped the inferiority complex he no doubt had.
>>
>>46497464
that book has loads of inconsistencies, like arthas being unable to use the light after stratholme.
>>
>>46497436
>saurfang
Oh that's cool I guess, glad they didn't put Sylvanas in Orgrimmar. So does that make Undercity the new capital then?

>>46497438
My friend told me the recent expansion was really good and wanted me to jump in with him, but I just can't do the WoW style MMO anymore. They're boring and have been done to death for me.
>>
>>46497493
Funny how the final "WoW killer" was WoW itself
>>
File: ;.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
;.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
How do you guys think an arthas redemption would be handled?
>>
>>46497430
>implying the dindu swarm was ever good
>>
>>46497112
Apply salve lad, it will make pain go away.

>>46497173
>Quarantining the city wouldn't have been a very wise option.
Quarantining the city should have happened regardless to make sure that plagued people don't escape and spread the disease.
>those few who didn't eat the grain are going to be slaughtered
That is true.

>Arthas made the best choice possible
Given what we know, yes, he almost certainly did, and his friends left him out of ignorance and/or squeamishness.
I kinda wish he asked Uther "well do you have a better idea" instead of pulling rank right away.

Regardless of all that however, it's outright false that he did the only thing he could (ignoring time travel shenanigans) and other, less pragmatic approaches could have been successful in containing the plague in Stratholme, depending on manpower available, geography of the place and location and strength of enemy forces. Keep in mind that actually going through a city and slaughtering civilans is not a walk in the park either.
>>
>>46497505
Arthas doesn't need a redemption

> Father... is it ... over?

It's the best line of World of Warcraft, don't ruin that
>>
>>46497517
Demon horde was good, garroshs horde was shaping up to take over the world, hugbox horde was never worth shit though.
>>
>>46497525
hypothetically speaking. The book and WoTLK was a cocktease until the very end.
>>
>>46497525

>Arthas doesn't need a redemption

Yeah because he murdered his own mercenaries in cold blood and burned ships in a perfectly good move!
>>
>>46497505
Chuck his body in the sunwell and have him grovel to jaina for an hour
>>
>>46497552
The point was that he got it eventually.

Nobody's saying he didn't do anything wrong ever, well maybe except for waifufaggots.
>>
>>46497553
Nah KT is his waifu now.
>>
>>46497201
>>46497195

Arthas was a bit of a derp, in that he said 'or leave'. Could have just as easily been 'form a cordon, make sure nobody gets out'.

Suddenly he isn't abandoning/abandoned by The founding paladin, his moral reference point.
>>
>>46497524
>Get pointed out as an idiot
>"haha apply water cuz i burned u!"

>Quarantining the city should have happened regardless to make sure that plagued people don't escape and spread the disease.

yea, after the man eating corpses where deat with, dipshit.

>Regardless of all that however, it's outright false that he did the only thing he could (ignoring time travel shenanigans) and other, less pragmatic approaches could have been successful in containing the plague in Stratholme, depending on manpower available, geography of the place and location and strength of enemy forces.

Nice mental gynastics, sure proved how right you are.

>going through a city and slaughtering civilans is not a walk in the park either.

HAHAHAHA!
indeed isn't depending on manpower available, geography of the place and location and strength of enemy forces. it's not like a mid level hero can kill a hole city full of villagers :^)
>>
>>46497552
He died, finally and truly. His fathers spirit embraced him and he passed on. That's the best ending.
>>
>>46497569
>well maybe except for waifufaggots

No one defending "killing your own mercenaries" here, cunt.
Also it's husbando, and he's garithos.
>>
>>46497569
he never got it.
Illidan the edgefag gets a tailor made redemption story because he was a selfobessed bastard, but arthas who was straight edge gets dragged into the dirt because he killed the 4skin waifu.
>>
>>46496921
Garithos was incompetent and a bad leader, though.
Go replay TFT, Kael'thas is obedient and cooperative to a fault. When the Undead show up, Garithos pulls an impkrtant part of the forces there, even though it's a fuckhuge army that's about to fuck him up from behind. If Kael'thas fails there and the Elves die, the entire army at the front dies with them.
>>
>>46497608
he could have camped the island till kingdom come. even Kael thought that with his regular forces the undead wouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>46497606
>4skin waifu.

What?

>>46497608
>Garithos was incompetent and a bad leader

hahahaha!

>Kael'thas is obedient and cooperative
HAHAHA!

>fuckhuge army that's about to fuck him up from behind
>can be destroyed with just arial force

>If Kael'thas fails there and the Elves die, the entire army at the front dies with them
hahaha!

>Go replay TFT,
You are the one who should do that mate.
>>
>>46497579
Ohh he dun goofed I'm not arguing that. I think the purge was the only realistic option however and I don't think Uther understood Arthas as well as he thought he did. Plus the stress of everything that was happening meant that Arthas just decided to cut those who weren't wholly on his side.

Uther and Jaina had their reasons but Arthas figured that he had a bigger responsibility to preserving the kingdom as a whole than risking it all for a few uninfected civilians.

He got worse and worse afterwards, but that was Ner'Zul's plan in the first place so eh what can you do.
>>
>>46497038
>beta cuck
>calling anyone emotional or a bitchboy

k them, name one time he did.
>>
>>46497633
basically the forsaken fans and blood elf fans hate him because of what he did.
forsaken for killing sylvanas and blood elfs because they are faggots.

So blizzard shits on him. Meanwhile illidan is an edgy failure who is now incapable of doing wrong.
>>
>>46497585
>>46497633
You should step away from computer for a while lad or you'll mistake someone for infected zombie irl
>>
File: dreadlord.jpg (145KB, 338x429px) Image search: [Google]
dreadlord.jpg
145KB, 338x429px
>>46497276
>The Dreadlords by power are
>Tichondrius >>>>>> Balnazzar>> vanilla dreadlord > Varimathras > Detheroc >>> Mal'ganis

Why? A wall text about that would be entretaining and relaxing to read.
>>
>>46497579
Uther outright refused to follow his order, why would you think he can order them to form a cordon?

He did send his forces outside make sure nobody gets out,

>>46497585
Actually Arthas did sort of quaranting the city
In WoW its shown that he left forces outside to make sure no one escapes while leading only the elites into the city and deal with the plague.
Which is smart since they are against the undead.

Mal'ganis and the cult were also in the city, he wasn't just fighting the citizen zombies.
>>
>>46497678
tich was the head and he had divine armor.
Balnazzar was the head of the trio in lordaeron
Vanilla dreadlord was a pretty great unit especially when supporting ghouls.
variamthras had shitty abilities
Detheroc just died
mal'ganis didn't even have an ultimate
>>
>>46497505
>Paladin gets contacted by Arthas' spirit
>Find my remains and put it in Uther's urn
>Chuck the urn into the Sunwell
>Arthas gets reborn as a being of life
>Fuses with Illidan in order to become the next Xel'Naga
>>
>>46497608
>Garithos pulls an impkrtant part of the forces there, even though it's a fuckhuge army that's about to fuck him up from behind. If Kael'thas fails there and the Elves die, the entire army at the front dies with them.
you're implying (well, really it's not you, it's Metzen) that Garithos acted the way he did simply out of spite, rather than attempting to make the best of a terrible set of options.

Sure, the guy is racist, but is he really SO RACIST that he'll set his entire army up for destruction and piss away the last hopes of his kingdom just to spite some elves?

The problem here is that according to Blizzard's hack writing, Kael is the good and reasonable protagonist, thus he's always correct, while Garithos is the mad racist thus he's always wrong and bad. But when you remove authorial intent, you have to consider the situation - Lordaeron had fallen and Garithos was attempting to patch together an army out of what could be slapped together at a moment's notice, it's not like he had spare parts and reserves sitting around waiting to be used.
>>
>>46497717
>Sure, the guy is racist, but is he really SO RACIST that he'll set his entire army up for destruction and piss away the last hopes of his kingdom just to spite some elves?
Honestly, that's how Garithos seemed to be portrayed to me anon
>>
>>46497714
>>Fuses with Illidan in order to become the next Xel'Naga

666/10 blizzard worthy should be official SC lore warcraft 4 copmfirn
>>
>>46497704

>In WoW its shown that he left forces outside to make sure no one escapes while leading only the elites into the city and deal with the plague.
>Which is smart since they are against the undead.

Mind you, it also implies that the elites was all you needed to fight the undead there when the instance also has them be full fledged undead. It does make it seem like he could have waited.
>>
>>46497717
>City is under attack from two directions
>Split your forces in two
>Recall ALL infantry and cavalry to your force
>Leave the other force with nothing but elves
>"just b urself lol"

Kael can either succeed and end in chains no matter what he did, or he can die and city Garithos is supposed to defend gets overrun by the second scourge force.
>>
>>46497753
In Warcraft Adventurers are genocide machines
>>
>>46497772
>let your forces sit in the city and get trapped and wiped out
>this is good planning.
Kael was the anvil to garithos' hammer.
>>
>>46497678
Tichondrius have the most power ability in all of them. (Rain of chaos + finger of death)
and he have divine armor, losing only vampiric aura in exchange.
He is the 3rd most power character in WC3 ROC (inferior only to Achimonde and Cenarius)
The guy can easily solo an NE army.

Balnazzar, while not having access to divine armor, still have rain of chaos and the weaker finger of pain, and he have an extra earthquake.
Making him 2nd in line.

Vanilla Dreadlord is well.. vanilla. the comparison point we use.

Varimathras is discussed as above, he is not as optimized as a standard Dreadlord, while having more mana, his skills is just weaker.

Detheroc is even worse than his brother.
Exchanging vampiric aura for shadow strike and infernal for D&D.
Not only its makes him difficult to use (DL is not exactly assassin material with their states)
D&D is just a terrible ability overall.

Mal'ganis Have 2 skills that's used to convert Zombies in Stratholme. He is a Vanilla Dreadlord with 2 skill less in a fight, making him the worst Dreadlord in game data.
>>
>>46497717

Most of his quotes come off as 'Pretty damn racist'. Like when talking about the Naga. A race that humanity has ZERO hostile relationship with up until that point coming to aid the blood elves.

>Grand Marshal Garithos: "They are inhuman and must be crushed like any other enemy! Be careful where you place your loyalties, blood elf. I will not tolerate treason in my ranks. Now I must return to the front. You will remain here and wait for further orders."

Or when he orders Kael'Thas to go and fight the undead.

>Emissary: "Apparently the observatories you repaired detected a large undead force massing nearby. Lord Garithos has commanded that you crush the undead before they can march on Dalaran."
>Prince Kael'thas: "That doesn't sound too difficult."
>Emissary: "Unfortunately, your forces may be a little thinned. You see, Lord Garithos has also ordered that all foot soldiers, cavalry and support teams report to the front lines immediately. You men, move out!"

He ordered away all of Kael'Thas' troops then had him attack a large undead force.
>>
>>46497809
>Most of his quotes come off as 'Pretty damn racist'. Like when talking about the Naga. A race that humanity has ZERO hostile relationship with up until that point coming to aid the blood elves.
well they had alliance prisoners and bix nooded on ships.
>>
>>46497753
You have to keep in mind, In wow what went with him are PLAYERS.
We are talking about unstoppable murder machines that kills Dragon aspect, Titanic Watcher, Old god and Demon lord on regular bases.

Sure it looks easy when you have 5 of these things strap along for the ride, same thing can't be said about regular solider.
>>
>>46497803
Comfy, thanks
>>
>>46497736
That's pretty much how he was set up. We never saw him do a single thing that wasn't "be racist to Elves". Except when it was "team up with Sylvanas and a Dreadlord to reclaim a city". Hardly a glowing character reference.
>>
>>46497717
>Sure, the guy is racist, but is he really SO RACIST that he'll set his entire army up for destruction and piss away the last hopes of his kingdom just to spite some elves?
Considering he was being mindfucked by a Dreadlord and this was the entire point of the exercise: Yes.
>>
>>46497809
The naga just captured an alliance paladin that Kael himself just saved earlier.
That's definitely not zero hostile relationship.

> didn't pull off air support
> can easily win the map with the air force
>>
>>46497855
>> can easily win the map with the air force
>Gets imprisoned and has his entire force condemned to execution regardless

It's pretty clear that canonically Kael is not supposed to survive without aid of naga.
>>
>>46497848
When was that established? The only time he met a Dreadlord was when...Balnazzar? Sylvanas' new cronie killed him. Unless I missed something?
>>
>>46497880
yes, and blood elves chimp out at that so much that they join the horde that has at least 3 races that has tried to kill them in the past.
>>
>>46497880
because the game force you to accept naga's help.
WC3 isn't exactly made with the ability to pick a path of the story.

(I know some custom campaign did it through)
>>
>>46497847
> We never saw him do a single thing that wasn't "be racist to Elves"
There was also that "racist to dwarves" thing
>>
>>46497901
what did it do?
>>
>>46497889
He was mind controlled by detheroc with his force and that's how sylvanus recruited him.
>>
>>46497902
well they fucking disappear with all the guns when he needs them the most.
>>
>>46497924
> elf fails at doing something because of the chaotic situation in Lordaeron and lack of organization in the Alliance army
FUCKING KNIFE-EARS I SWEAR
> dwarf fails at doing something because of the chaotic situation in Lordaeron and lack of organization in the Alliance army
DRUNKARDS! USELESS MIDGETS!
> human commander fails at doing something, is responsible for the lack of organization in the Alliance army
lol garithos did nothing wrong, muh airforce
>>
>>46497855
> didn't pull off air support
> can easily win the map with the air force
Wait a minute..that's some deja vu right there
>>
File: 1433670657273.jpg (18KB, 250x284px) Image search: [Google]
1433670657273.jpg
18KB, 250x284px
And just like that, the thread devolved into autism again, thanks a bunch /v/
>>
>>46497974
>DRUNKARDS! USELESS MIDGETS!
The ironforge brigade was with him when they got busted out by sylvanas.
>fails at doing something
What exactly? He got mind controlled by a dreadlord, which is what they excel at.
>>
>>46497323
That mission is so much better in the custom campaign, the whole thing is.
>>
>>46498009
I know, I'm just trolling

>>46498016
what custom campaign are you talking about?
>>
>>46497911
Some custom campaign give you choice that you can actually choose, and gives different campaigns later depending on what you pick.

The standard campaign don't have that.
>>
>>46498016
what happens? do tell.
>>
>>46498032
I really want to play one of these.
>>
>>46497990
What? you can do the map with mass dragonhawk with ease. the undeads makes few gargoyle in this map.
>>
>>46498040
Someone said the same things word-for-word a few threads ago
>>
>>46498030
>>46498033
there's a custom version of Scourge of Lordaeron on Hive work shop.
Jaina comes back half way through the stage , making it much easier.

It also have a altered version of Culling with a different winning condition, through it still ends badly for Arthas.
>>
>>46498058
its really a common strat
>>
>>46498059
what is the winning condition? do tell
>>
>>46498040
I think the "deja vu" part was about some anon (probably you) arguing that since the player is able to cheese the map Kael'thas could have resisted alone

either way, that's not what happens in the story
>>
>>46498077
from a logical perspective he had a very well defended location. all he had to do was sit there.
>>
>>46498039
They are on Hivework shop
The ones I remember with the mechanic is Malfurion's Quest
There use to be others but I forgot which.

Don't take the story too seriously through.

>>46498058
because that person is me.
>>
>>46498065
He didn't mean gameplay, this guy >>46498077 got it
>>
>>46498100
again, he had a island he could hold on to. when garithos returned he could have said that his forces were too few. Garithos would have been mean but thats not too bad.
>>
>>46498070
Well the humans miraculously found a cure and the winning condition changes to curing enough citizens.
Jaina, Uther and his paladins will also come back to help you, making mal'ganis extremely pitiful as he get curb stomped by 2 paladins.
>>
>>46498119
damn. That could be a nice basis for the redemption or rather arthas avoiding the fall.
>>
>>46497901
>the game force you to accept naga's help
>>46498032
>says there's a campaiign that gives you choise
>doesn't post it

fag.
if it's about the Belfs campaign, as in like an alternative time line for kael, do post it.
>>
>>46498093
gameplay and story are different things though
>>
>>46498059
that's not me btw.
campaign name is Enhanced fall(scourge?) Of Lordaeron, i think.

Best custom campaign hands down.
>>
>>46498195
Well the terrain was on his side.
>>
>>46498227
plenty of people lost with the terrain on their side
>>
>>46498236
not because of the terrain. All he had to hold the central isle and wait for garithos
>>
>>46498180
I just gave the answer in >>46498095
why do you call me a fag ? ・゚・(つД`)・゚・
>>
>>46498180
Maybe he's just saying that some campaigns have variant maps based on what victory conditions you fulfill. I recall provided Starcraft custom campaign had that too - you could destroy some zerg structure or reach a beacon and based on this next map in campaign would be selected.
>>
>>46498213
Its called The Scourge of Lordaeron Enhanced.

It can be easily found on the first page of campaigns.
>>
File: high elf.jpg (47KB, 660x517px) Image search: [Google]
high elf.jpg
47KB, 660x517px
>Oh boy, Great stache warned me that he will fuck my pretty elf boipootchie if I interact with naga again.
>i could probably just stand my ground in this island and wait for great stache to send back troops When he's done defending the front line
>(i mean, avatar gives magic immunity so he isn't gonna get probed by a dreadlord or anything)
>nah man fuck that! i want some /ss/ from the snektits and kill the undead myself, that will show how badass i am! defence missions are the worst anyway.
>huehuehue gari will never find out.

male elf princess dindu noffing wrong at all
>>
>>46498253
>The ones I remember with the mechanic is Malfurion's Quest
>There use to be others but I forgot which.

Why can't you remember it for me, useless baka you don't really love
>>
>>46498243
And the scourge could have just bypassed him and assrape Garithos. He was supposed to beat the undead, not just stand in the way.

Actually if Gary was any good he was in fact expecting that and just used Kael'thas as speedbump, but that would be giving him too much credit. Not to mention that notion of using expensive spellcasters as speedbump is pretty dumb.
>>
God these threads are becoming stale as fuck
>>
>>46498304
Well is there anything new to talk about?

Well, let's talk about Naaru life cycle. Since they periodically go through an edgelord phase, does that mean that fight between Light and the Void is basically a civil war?

>>46498268
lol
>>
>>46498296
Imagine a defence mission where you need to, not just defend your base, but also defend an object or entrance.
My favorite type desu, i like to turtle up.

Also how did kael lost all those outposts? he's pretty.... pretty stupid, should had trained more troops and made more towers.

>>46498304
Go back to tumblr them you passive agressive loser.
>>
>>46498338
don't forget to call me a cuck and to Make America Great Again anon
>>
>>46498093
>>46498116
Garithos wouldn't have come back, because he would have been dead. The point of that mission was to keep a massive undead force from crashing into the Alliance's backside and crushing their forces.

The island has *no* gold. You cannot build up forces there.
>>
File: 1432967322698.jpg (1MB, 2557x1595px) Image search: [Google]
1432967322698.jpg
1MB, 2557x1595px
>>
>>46498338
>How did Arthas lose Stratholme? He's pretty stupid, should had trained more priests and paladins, they can cure disease

>>46498351
>not making Lordaeron great again
>not voting for based Garritosh, scourge of the inhuman scum
>>
>>46498296
yes. bypass a force of mages. He was supposed to hold them there and thats what he was doing until he went full turbo retard.
>>46498268
based
>>
>>46498370
> dat giant baron geddon over ashenvale
>>
>>46498351
>OMG! you are bashing my elf husbando!obviously bacause you racist (and not because garhitler is right or my husbando is a faggot)
>well if you are racist(you are) them you're obviously a misoginistic bitter virgin from /pol/!
>>
File: 397[1].jpg (63KB, 447x400px) Image search: [Google]
397[1].jpg
63KB, 447x400px
>>46498405
sounds like I hit a nerve, anon
>>
>>46498385
>priests and paladins, they can cure disease

Not this one they can't m8.

>>46498370
What's the purpose of this and why don't you post source?
>>
>>46498295
Its being like 5 years, come on.
and my entire program files was deleted for no reason recently and I lost my collection of WC3 maps and campaigns (among other things).

I know Cryptrobber had a choice but that campaign is gone now.
>>
>>46498360
No, the entire thing was holding him off. That would be a pretty cool mission. You earn bounty by destroying the undead skybarges with your new dragonhawks and hold off the scourge.

Garithos arrives and whines but doesn't kill you
>>
>>46498427
>Not this one they can't m8.
They're just not trying hard enough.

If they tried half as hard as you, they'd crack it easy.
>>
>>46498385
What made the culling necessary was exactly because they can't cure the disease.
>>
>>46498458
>>46498459
People have been trying to cure the Forsaken and infected Argent Crusaders for long now, and the only answer to the infection is mercy killing
>>
Thoughts on Illidan getting redeemed and infused with the Light?
>>
>>46498427
Looks like a overlook of southern Kalimdor from top of Hyjal.
>>
>>46498459
And what made Kael'thas's position untenable was exactly because he was outnumbered and outmatched.
>>
>>46498484
barf
>>
>>46498476
You can't cure it once you are a undead, because you are dead at that point.
The plague kills you then transform you into undead, its what written about the plague back when WoW encyclopedia was avaliable.
>>
>>46498419
>haha u mad!
>smuganimegilr.jpg
>>
>>46498484

I reserve my judgement until I see what's done with it.

How did his body even end up in Naaru hands? Is that even a Naaru?
>>
>>46498501
except he wasn't as proven by many players.

Meanwhile the plague was still incurable
>>
>>46498517
It's just a vision the Naaru sends into his mind while he has projected his spirit to Argus to spy on KJ. Apparently in the future he will be the champion of the light and fuck the Void in the butt. Though he was spying on the Deceiver so maybe it was him all along.
>>
>>46498511
Yeah, sure. You're dead. You still can talk and walk and fight and think, but you're dead.
>>
>>46498476

The only cure to being undead yeah. You can sure the actual infection before it kills them though.
>>
>>46498523
I'm sure many players managed to defend Thrall's base during the battle for Mount Hyjal. Doesn't change that in-story Thrall's base was destroyed anyway
>>
>>46498523
>I beat the mission with self-imposed constraints by playing on normal difficulty and that proves that alliance with naga was not necessary
>>
>>46498511
>Arthas: Oh no, the plague was never meant to kill the people... it's transforming them into undead!
>>
>>46498561
> this guy again

> the Lich King Ner'zhul afflicted a remote human village through his will alone: a morbid test meant to gauge the plague's effectiveness.
> The infected villagers died, and when their zombified corpses rose soon after, they had become lumbering, mindless servants of Ner'zhul.

That's what BZ says.
I never argue with the author.
BZ says they died, so they died.
>>
>>46498572
In the cinematic They show Arcihmonde destroyes everything as he walks toward the World tree.

So no, Thrall's base always gets destroyed because Archimonde have to walk to the World Tree, just you don't get to see it.

>>46498592
> didn't play it on hard and bitch about its not possible
>>
>>46498596
>Arthas: The plague was never meant to simply kill my people, It was meant to turn them...into the undead! Defend yourselves!

Cut out the "simply" just to make yourself point looks correct? despicable.
>>
>>46498632

BZ also had Ner'Zhul lose fractions of his power and along with it control over the undead, who then regained their mind and agency, proving that those people are still there.

Alive != dead != undead
>>
>>46498658
>> didn't play it on hard and bitch about its not possible
You're still missing the point. It doesn't matter if you can pull it off in game because you played on difficulty that allows casual players to finish the game. The story says it's impossible to do without the naga and that's the end of it.
>>
>>46498677
and the undead still DIED before they become undead, how dumb are you?

There's also no cure for undead, unless you want to provide one.
>>
Screenshot this. They will never fine a true cure for the forsaken but instead a partial cure that turns forsaken into vampire like creatures so that they can all look sexy again despite being dead. May or maynot have to drink blood/life force to keep from looking like rotting corpses.
>>
>>46498427
World of Warcraft
>>
>>46498717
that's a terrible idea
>>
>>46498304
How about tyrant-e?
>She wanted to start a war with the humans and orcs, who were very obviouslly fighting demons and undead, during a demon invasion
>She led her people through thousands of years of doing nothing
>In a bit of irony her sentinel army, prior to waking the druids, had nothing but two victories under their belt: both small outposts, and numerous defeats, at the hands of the orcs
>Her first act as war leader was disbanding all men from service
>She nearly killed herself by dropping magic star bombs on a bridge she was standing on
>She invaded a prison killing its inhabitants which included a keeper of the grove, killed them for following her own orders
>She also killed three powerful nature spirits
>During WotA she essentially didnt do anything but sit on her ass till Illidan saved her, then proceeded to be made leader of her people despite her no experience is doing anything but be a servant

That's what happens when you place woman in place of leadership, even the masculine elf ones.
>>
>>46498754
And do you have a better one Mr. Loremaster?
>>
>>46498709
There's never lore confirming it.
Mostly because BZ is lazy but it sure wasn't in the game.

Also I did it on Hard, just because you can't doesn't mean others can't.
The nagas aren't very useful to begin with and I never needed them except for speed run.
>>
>>46498768
yes

stop fapping to anne rice
>>
>>46498756
ebin
>>
>>46498717
Great idea I want to look like Sylvanus and the other dark rangers not some hunchbacked zombie.
>>
>>46498773
Completely disregarding that gameplay isn't story and from the context it's pretty clear that Kael'thas is, at the very least, in a very bad spot.
Do you have a video of anyone beating the mission without ever using the Naga? I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>46498711
>and the undead still DIED before they become undead
That is an interesting question. How long does a person need to be dead before he can be transformed into a ghoul? Suppose that doesn't really matter because you could say that act of transition from life to undeath is death as well.
In any case, after the process is finished you are still stuck with entity that apparently retains its memories and personality, although under control of the necromancer. The undead entity then proceeds to exhibit traits of a living creature. Even after it's out of necromancer's control, it doesn't fall apart but retains its autonomy, presumably powered by magic.

>how dumb are you?
less than you are, apparently.

>There's also no cure for undead, unless you want to provide one.
As far as I know, there indeed is not one. However claiming that it's impossible to create one is due to limitations that are purely arbitrary. In real world it appears impossible to resurrect a dead person barring divine intervention because everything they used to be is subject to natural decay. There is nothing to restore. If you found a way to grow new body for your dead ancestor and even animate the body, it would not be the same person. In Warcraft however, this is not the case: all elements are there, all that is left is find a way to piece them together.
>>
>>46498837
Options for both would be nice. Lots of races could do with more customization options. Dwarves need Dark Iron skins and Wildhammer tattoos, Orcs need Mag'har and Blackrock skins (if those aren't a thing yet).
>>
>>46497231
>>46497265
Because Vol'jin is missing in action, and of all the remaining Horde racial leaders, Sylvanas has seniority.
>>
>>46498881
No one said he is not in a bad spot, just its doable.

There was a few replay back when this debate was fierce, but I don't think you can find it easily now.
The key is to simply kill the skybarges before they make it over the water tiles.
Which is exactly why you mass dragonhawk.
>>
>>46498904
And its called "Undead" for a reason.

Coming from someone who claims undead can be cured with no base for it. funny.

So do you have a cure for undead or not? if not then undead is incurable until you prove otherwise. end of story.
>>
>>46498991
>it's called "undead" for a reason
yes, because it's neither alive nor dead.

As of present, it's incurable, yes. No means of transitioning from "undead" to "alive" are known.
Maybe except right clicking noggenfogger debuff but that's neither here nor there.
>>
>>46498754
so that means Blizzard will do it
>>
>>46498967
>No one said he is not in a bad spot, just its doable.
In game terms it is, yes. But I don't think that's what the story is trying to tell you.
In game terms it's fully possible to kill ARCHIMONDE of all people.
>>
>>46499033
But they still DIED, not very hard to understand.

so it is incurable, end of story.
now can you stop your lying spree?
>>
>>46499033
>>46499099
Are we really doing this again?
At this point I'm convinced that this is actually only one guy arguing with himself.
>>
>>46499079
The game tries to tell you that he was in a bad spot and allied nagas for it, yes.
Doesn't contradict with me saying its do able without the nagas

not really unless you cheat.
Even if you manage to kill the rest of the scourge There's just not enough time to chew through his health.
>>
>>46499133
Nah, I'm done. Nothing constructive can come out of this exchange, maybe except for more air force fantasies.
>>
>>46499133
Well the same retard keep saying there's a cure for undead but never provide one.
Nothing I can do about it.
>>
>>46499169
>killing archimonde is cheating
>cheesing game mechanics to spawn hordes of air units is legit
I bet you also think that peasant railgun would work in real life.
>>
>>46498788
great argument, sure proved why your waifu is the best
>>
>>46499249
> peasant railgun would work in real life

you mean like Human Wave?
>>
>>46499169
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9opu7egcRQ
This guy is doing it without cheats. Therefore, everyone was dumb at Hyjal and they should just have paid the Goblins to kill Archimonde, I guess. Imagine what they could have done if the Alliance, Horde and Night Elves had just pooled their resources and hired the entirety of Undermine.
>>
Are the Grimtotems still assholes?
>>
>>46499263

I rest my case.
>>
>>46499249
Please don't stir up shit when there's still a discussion to be head. At least post a link to someone killing Archy or something.
>>
>>46499266
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9opu7egcRQ

wait.. how is he selling items to the goblin merchant?
you can't sell items in ROC .
>>
>>46494659
desu Greymane can never be the douche as anything he does is completely justifiable.
>>
>>46493482
Shit, I remember playing that ten years ago.
>>
>>46499211
>Kael's air force
>Garrosh did nothing wrong
>Thrall cheated for the mak'gorah
> KOSAAAAk
I'm starting to recognize most people in these threads desu
>>
>>46499310
You can, as of Patch 1.10
>>
>>46497525
I liked that line, and I hate how the Sylvanas short showed him suffering for eternity.

Also how much is Arthas morally culpable for once Frostmourne took his soul? The morally questionable things he did before that was
>razing Strat
>lying to his men and betraying mercenaries
>and leaving Muradin for dead (though that can be argued)
>>
>>46499379
so he made it with a much latter added function.
>>
>>46499379
so it's confirmed then. Jaina, Thrall and Tyrande were cucks that only had to wait for Patch 1.10 so they could BTFO Archimonde
>>
>>46499399
Yes, he did. Illustrates nicely that using game mechanics for plot points is fucking stupid.
Dragonhawk Riders had both their build time reduced and then, later on, their damage lowered, so depending on what Patch one is using they are much stronger.
>>
>>46499493
because in lore there's no almighty goblin land-mine
>>
>>46499341
Pretty sure "KOSAAAK!" is a natural reaction to seeing how much he's fucked up the story to justify his obsession with pvp and crush on Sylvanas.
>>
>>46497750
>Arthas
>Fuses with Illidan
by the old god ,it's 'symphony of frost and flame' ep2
>>
>>46499523
are there almighties dragonhawk riders in lore?
>>
>>46499546
yes.
you see plenty in WoW.
You can get a dragonhawk to ride too.
>>
>>46499574
http://www.wowhead.com/item=4395/goblin-land-mine

There are goblin land mines in WoW too anon

Therefore archimonde being killed at Hyjal is canon
>>
>>46499601
of course achimonde got killed in hyjal
you dumb?
>>
>>46499643
yes
>>
>>46499643
Let me rephrase that for the anon.

The Legion invasion was no big deal, Goblin Landmines kill the Archimonde and Tyrande, Thrall, Malfurion and Jaina were dumb for not just hiring a metric shitton of Goblins to take care of the matter.
>>
>>46499704
It would seem so seeing how great goblin weapon worked against mannaroth in WoD
>>
>>46499704
There should have been an alternate ending for prematurely killing Archimonde.
>>
So who were the humans in Illidan's little den of sin in the Black Temple? Were they slaves that got Stockholm syndrome or were they just Illidariboos?
>>
>>46499760
What I'm taking from this is a Goblin owning an explosives company that is lobbying heavily in favor of just putting 100% of the resources into explosives to repell the new invasion in Legion.
It only takes 30 to 40 of this wonder of goblin craftsmanship to kill the very head of the Burning Legion! At 250 Gold per Threestack, this is the cheapest demonic war ever won! Pure cost effciency, the numbers practically speak for themselves!
>>
>>46499903
maybe they were the daughters of people from the Alliance Expedition
>>
>>46499921
if only Kael could have defended Dalaran with goblin landmines
>>
>>46499903
Weren't they all just disguised succubutts?
>>
>>46499950
He'd still need some flying landmines, which wouldn't be called landmines.
>>
>>46499951
You're thinking of Kara
>>
>>46499933
Captives from failed raids, maybe?
>>
>>46499921
That's actually a very good point.
We have airships, land mine, bombs, cannons, tanks in WoW.
Why are we still going up and personal against the demons?
We should bomb the crap out of them then drive up in our tanks firing everything onto their face.
>>
>>46499950
Nah, man, think bigger. Dalaran should have invested in Goblin Landmines instead of archmages and barriers.

>>46499997
That's what we call "opportunity" in the business.
Sell them the Landmines. Then they realize they also need something against flyers.
Then sell them Land-To-Air Mines, which are really just Land Mines with a Spring and an insane markup.
>>
>>46500004
There were some ghosts there as well.

But regardless, if there were humans, they could have been taken from remnants of Lothar's invasion force.
>>
>>46499903
I assume the humans came from the Sons of Lothar and the elves were partially Kael's and partially archers from Honor Hold
>>
>>46500076
They really should,
Look at how powerful titan techs are.
Lei shen got instant killed before he can react.

Technology is very powerful in WoW as it is yet we are still charging up with sword and hammers.
We should get ourself some technology upgrade installed!
>>
>>46499997
what about Widowmines?
>>
>>46500136
Given how powerful endgame-geared melee characters can get, it seems like there's still a place for running up to stab dudes.
>>
>>46500076
>That's what we call "opportunity" in the business.
Wait I'm confused. Are you a Goblin or an Ethereal?

>>46500139
That will suffice. Turn them around, and they could be used against the burrowed Old Gods too
>>
>>46500171
Well I say all warriors should get a jetpack for starter.
>>
>>46500270
>Wait I'm confused. Are you a Goblin or an Ethereal?

>implying ethereals are not goblins from far future where they ascended from crude flesh into elemental beings of PROFIT
>>
>>46500277
Don't charge and heroic leap cover their fast movement needs?
>>
>>46500368
yeah but it doesn't let them fly.
We need to give them something so they can cleave down those damn flying pests instead of relying on those "magic" users.
>>
>>46500486
Goblin Landmine Boots.
Strap a Landmine under each heel, calibrate the trigger and make it so that if the warrior stomps on the ground it explodes and catapults him into the air.
Then, while in the air, just keep exploding.

Sure, you could do it with a jetpack or something, but since we should buy a lot of Landmines anyway, we might as well make use of their versatility.
>>
File: 1443477325878.gif (421KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1443477325878.gif
421KB, 700x525px
>>46500658
>tfw Sylvanas could still be a beautiful and very living elf with her homeland unspoiled had she only invested in goblin explosives
>>
>>46500658
We already have rocket boots, but apparently these things only allow you to run faster.

We need something BIGGA and BETTA so we can fly!
>>
>>46500785
What, using the device capable of killing Archimonde as a means of propellation not good enough for you?!
>>
>>46500818
Apparently exploding boots only allows you to run faster, but you can't fly with it.
So I propose strapping 12 land mines on the warrior from each side so he can maneuver in the air as he detonates them.

Also Achimonde actually died to a bunch of treants, proving treants+ mines > Burning Legion.
>>
File: Amarok.png (123KB, 418x620px) Image search: [Google]
Amarok.png
123KB, 418x620px
>>46500923
>so he can maneuver in the air as he detonates them.

That reminds me of how pic related fights in space.
>>
>>46499537
I can not understand this

If he's crushing so hard on Sylvanas, why is he working so hard to make everyone hate her? She's lost every likeable aspect to her personality, she'll never even be a good villain, thanks to the fact that Kel'Thuzad is and forever will be the superior undead villain
>>
>>46502854
He wants to to be edgy and dark. And because she isn't Alliance on top of being teh waifu, she gets away with everything due to no finger wagging.
>>
someone should start a new thread
>>
>>46502854
I don't think it's a crush either. It is hilarious to see how uncritically people defend everything she does though. She can literally do no wrong.

I do wonder what is store for the bitch queen of the Horde, but I'm not buying the warchief theory. I can see with some squinting the belfs following her, bur the rest of them? After her track record?
>>
>>46503008
on it. gimme a minute
>>
>>46503059
Goblin landmine edition?
>>
>>46502854
What if Kosak is actually just pretending to be a Sylvanasfag? What if this is all an elaborate scheme that ends in the most satisfying raid boss kill in the franchise's history?
>>
>>46503134
Forums would be ablaze until next expansion.
>>
NEW THREAD
>>46503178
>>46503178
>>46503178
>>46503178

GET OVER THERE!!!
>>
>>46503134
I so want a forsaken revolution to be a story point.

Start it subtle, a few forsaken NPCs lose their dialogue bits that reference Sylvanas, saying things like "Victory for the Forsaken" instead of "Victory for Sylvanas", and other such things. Then introduce a few revolutionaries, and whoever they're planning to raise up as the new leader of the forsaken. Have Sylvanas stamp down on them, but like a true revolution the harder the authorities stamp down the stronger the revolution gets, and let it build to boiling point from there
>>
>>46502854
He's self-admittably a big fan of the Forsaken and Sylvanas, which is likely why from Cta onwards they've suddenly started conquering most of the EK north of Thandol Span.
Also he wants to bring the Horde back to WC2 era obviously evil faction, hence Garrosh nuking Theramore (which was pretty much symbolic of saying "fuck it" to WC3 stuff) and Sylavas deploying the plague on everything.
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.