[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 462
Thread images: 49

File: General.jpg (332KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
General.jpg
332KB, 1024x768px
Eldar Exceptionalism Edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
>>
OK so the black legion has some new formations, both good and bad, any news on what crimson is bringing us?
>>
>>46481054
Ours doesn't, but every previous psyker conclave made casting easier.

Prior to the Conclaves, CSM Spell Familiars gave us a nice edge in the psychic phase. Now we're well below our loyalist brethren.
>>46481227
Not yet. It'd be nice and hilariously incongruent if they don't suck and/or contain demi-companies for the other three gods.
>>
File: 1a63a4353f07934cffa0a77bfa510211.jpg (449KB, 797x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1a63a4353f07934cffa0a77bfa510211.jpg
449KB, 797x1000px
>>46481176
Claimed for 9th legion. For Sanguinius!
>>
File: 1456236279236.jpg (36KB, 460x268px)
1456236279236.jpg
36KB, 460x268px
Reiterated shitpost clearing compilation to clean the thread before it starts.

>Melee Race, I2, Orkurion, Blitz Brigade.
>When are they going to fix Tyranids?
>"All x-race players are y"
>D Weapons
>Super Heavies
>Baleflamer Salamander ruling
>Complaining about Woofs
>Complaining about Eldar, Tau, or Crons.
>CSM real update never :^)

So with those new muhreen powers, can GK's now have 3++ on all their units? Personally I think those new disciplines should be universal, or they should patch up the disciplines that already exist.
>>
>>46480954
Still waiting for this shitposter to explain his alternate method.
>>
>>46481562
Don't get too excited, he probably hasn't played a single game with Chaos.
>>
What would be the most anti-marine list possible for your army for at 500 pts? Close quarters and maze-like scenario.
>>
>>46481964
Warpflame Host
Herald of Tzeentch- 45
9x Exalted Flamer- 50 (450)
Herald will try to summon buddies, Exalted Flamers pour hot death into any Space Marine that wanders into LoS.
>>
>>46481964

I am not experienced, but I think IG would just die.
>>
>>46481165
>>46481176
Why the fuck do we have two generals?
?And why do I have to add this to post in both?
Created within 1 minute of each other
>>
Would anyone mind running through the good Imperial Fists, Black Templar, and Crimson Fists stories out there in the BL? Thanks. 40k or HH are fine.
>>
>>46481964
Militarum Tempestus
>>
>>46481964
2 50 man conscript squads with that banner that gives all units fearless with 18 inch
they can't kill them all before the game ends!
>>
>>46482105
I fucked up. Don't bump this, we'll probably just migrate here once the next one hits the limit.

Sage'ing.
>>
File: howling banshees2.jpg (3MB, 2106x2826px) Image search: [Google]
howling banshees2.jpg
3MB, 2106x2826px
>>46481964

>anti-marine
>Close quarters and maze-like scenario.

Lots o' Banshees.
>>
File: 1385929248215.jpg (701KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1385929248215.jpg
701KB, 1680x1050px
>>46481176
The Emperor's Champion must have his vows back, its gonna be now or never.
>>
So how are the Dakka jet squadrons from the new Waaagh! Ghazghkull?
>>
>>46482091

We might be able to make do with meltavets + stormtroopers, but yeah, it'd probably be close and I doubt we'd have much of an answer to the SM HQ choice.
>>
>>46481227
We will find out about the formations some time around the end of the week. Crimson is probably more formations too. The only one I saw spoiled was for BL and it was 1 daemon prince with 2-5 squads of possessed. The possessed go up to WS and I 5, but must make a leadership test each turn or they move d6 instead of the full 6, if they are within 18" of the daemon prince, they don't have to do the LD check
>>
>>46487539
All the Black Legion formations have been leaked, they all suck. There are no Decurions for these, confirmed. Maybe the Crimson Slaughter formations will include a Decurion? You know they wont though. Ork tier update, sans Decurion.
>>
R8 my Eldar 1250 list?

HQ: Farseer, Windrider
HQ: Farseer, Windrider

Troop: 5 Windriders, Scatterlasers
Troop: 5 Windriders, Scatterlasers

Fast Attack: Hornet, 2 Pulse Lasers

Heavy Support: Warp Hunter, D-Flail

Formation Detachment, Aspect Host
5 Swooping Hawks, Exarch
9 Warp Spiders, Exarch
4 Dark Reapers, Exarch, Starshot Missles for the unit.

Then, Day 2, you add 600 points.
Heavy Support: Lynx, Pulsar

Lord of War: Wraithknight, Sword and Board

I've got 50 points to throw around. Thoughts?
>>
File: Perty.jpg (203KB, 535x464px) Image search: [Google]
Perty.jpg
203KB, 535x464px
>>46488001
>mfw
It's not 45 Warp Spiders level of hitler, but boy you're trying
>>
How are the other Wraith Knight variants in comparison to the standard one?
>>
>>46488116
>Skatach with Spinners
It's okay/10. I find 2 spinners quickly leads to overkill, or mulching skimmers. I usually go with 1 Spinner and 1 board.
>Skatach with Pikes
Like, really consistent damage to super heavy vehicles and MC's. Not as ride or die as D-Cannons, you'll be much more consistent, but not as fun.
>>
>>46487731
As an Ork player who has a few CSM models and just wanted some formations that are better than an allied contingent to run as allies, I can for sure say this update is better for me than the Ghazgul one. I could take a min sized demi-khornpany and my dudes could Waaagh together.
>>
>>46487731

Bleh that can't be all of them. Also they're missing the bonus for completing a Decurion which is usually the biggest bonus of them all.
>>
>>46490216
That's the thing, though. There is no decurion. Just formations, apparently
>>
Did the Black Legion get any new Daemon Engine formations?
>>
>>46490246

Really? That makes no sense to me. They updated Ork to have a Decurion, why wouldn't they update the Black Legion?
>>
>>46490388
Yes, actually. Take a Warpsmith and 2 Dinobots. They get some preferred enemy when attacking a single enemy character that you choose at the start of the game, and you can have the warpsmith grant his WS & BS to one of the dinobots within 12"

So basically you can have the Warpsmith give a Forgefiend BS 5 while he sits behind it to repair it, and have another Forgefiend on standby in case that one dies.
>>
>>46488001
Unless this is for a tournament, I suggest you go fuck yourself.
>>
>>46488001
Is a Lynx just Heavy support? I thought they were Lords of War.

Not that it matters, since I think there's a formation to take them solo, but still.
>>
>>46490837
Yes, should have said that.
>>46490860
Doom of Mymera Pt 2 makes them Heavy Supports that cost like 225, with 5 HP, and they lose SHV.
>>
Should I buy a forgeworld titan for apocalypse?

I was thinking either
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-CA/Mars-Alpha-Pattern-Warlord-Titan
or
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-CA/Ventarii-Reaver-Titan-Maniple-1
>>
>Reaver
Naw, m9. You can kitbash or scratchbuild those pretty easy. And it's for apoc, which is for fun anyway, so...
>Warlord
Jesus, you just have the scratch to buy a small car sitting around? I mean, Unless you're fighting necrons it's guaranteed to wreck face, but...wow.
>>
>>46491097
Ive been saving for awhile. Forgeworld prices are stupid, but the models are really quite good.

Admittedly, I should probably just save my money, but my friend is a real prick with his stompa and I dont really have any counters other then 2 predator annihilators.
>>
>>46491178
>Stompa

Just bring more anti-tank. Or consider a normal knight-titan. The stompa is massively overcosted, so you shouldn't have much trouble.
>>
>>46491178

Is it the regular kind or one of the Kustom ones?
>>
>>46491227
Ive never actually seen anyone field a knight titan.

Are they good? Should I get one? 10? 2 and a half?

As far as I can tell, they are massively shadowed by their much larger brothers.
>>
File: Orks.jpg (510KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Orks.jpg
510KB, 1000x1000px
>>46491301
Regular, but its red.
>>
>>46490436
Hey man, It's just what apparently the dude on dakka dakka who leaked it said. Or something like that. They could be total liers
>>
>>46491178
you want a warlord, or a titan maniple to counter a stompa?
Let me guess, back in good old days, where duels where a thing, your opponent would use a gold plated duelling pistol and while you would wheel in a shrapnel cannon.

Against stompa, maybe get a third Pred annihilator, they have some squadron thing to do better against it. Fuck get another 4, would still be no money compared to the titan
>>
>>46491303
A Knight titan is probably only going to run you around 400 points at the higher end and be able to wreck at range and in melee depending on what set-up you choose.

It'll probably be able to kill the Stompa in melee without any issue, and has good options for chipping it down from a range. You shouldn't really need more than one.

You're fighting fucking Orks man. You shouldn't need to try this hard.
>>
File: titans.png (821KB, 852x443px)
titans.png
821KB, 852x443px
>>46491345
Bringing a gun to a gunfight is fine, but bringing a 100,000 ton machine of death and pain to a gunfight is better.
>>
>>46491322

Overcoming a regular Stompa is not that hard.
>>
>>46491178
A warlord titan is an entire army on its own.
>>
>>46491322
>Regular, but its red

That just means it'll die even faster.
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 245x276px)
image.gif
2MB, 245x276px
>>46490216
Nope, no Decurion.

"Just thought you'd appreciate a little fuck you tacked onto the bigger fuck you."

-Fuck you,
Games Workshop

Anyone still denying method to this madness is naive. The Space Marine supplement being released alongside this is so much better, thats no accident. The only logical conclusion is that they hold certain armies down - in the hopes those players will buy into more competitive armies. It's what any publicly held game company thats out of touch with their customers would do. Attempt to force purchases where there otherwise wouldnt be.
>>
>>46490889
http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?sid=stephen57425962&_pgn=1&isRefine=true
>>
>>46491380
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-CA/Mechanicum-Cerastus-Knight-Atrapos

Looking at this as an example, Doesnt look like it does melee, which is obviously heresy, but it does have some seriously heavy firepower.

Its also capable of destroying scenery, so thats nice.
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Cerastus-Knight-Atrapos.pdf
>>
>>46491499
I'm not even talking about the Forgeworld knights. Even the plastic ones from GW will do just fine. Get a Crusader or an Errant and just stab the Stompa with a D-strength chainsword.
>>
>>46491532
Whats the price range on those? Undoubtedly cheaper then FW, but not by a whole lot, surely.
>>
Why wouldnt the sorc formation kick ass with nurgle bikes?
>>
>>46486334
well, the 3 dakka jet one gives you the fan-fucking-tastic benefit of rerolling failed penetration rolls on other enemy flyers.
>>
I want to build an infantry focused IG army, What is the best way to gear up my platoon infantry quads?

I was thinking 30 man blobs, with 2 vox casters, 3 flamers and 3 autocannons. And then a bare bones commissar who sits at the back and yells at them.
>>
>>46491561
Around $120, possibly lower if you can find a discount or one of the earlier kits that was like 90.

So basically half-cost of the one you were looking at.
>>
>>46490803
a more expensive but kind of fun thunderfire cannon essentially.
>>
>>46491602
Im a personal fan of flamers, just because ork blobs fuck guard blobs in close combat.
>>
>>46491618
Yeah, it's actually a really cool formation. It almost makes me want to take a pair of Forge-fiends, give one autocannons and the other plasma and have whichever BS 5 artillery piece I need on-demand.

Sadly it's 500 points to do that, and it probably wouldn't be very effective. It does sound fun though.

I'm more looking forward to the Sorcerer blob formation. That might actually be a fluffy way to run a Tzeentch army without it being terrible, and the psychic power sounds really fun.
>>
>>46491625
Yeah that was my thinking. And special weapons wise they don't really have anything else worth taking due to their BS3.

I might take a veteran squad with plasma guns and carapace armour just to deal with any particularly resilient MEQ
>>
>>46491567
Because theyre still CSM, and that formation with 3-5 Sorcerers on bikes is going to be your opponents priority. Especially since CSM dont exactly have many threats worthy of drawing fire.
>>
>>46491655
Plasma is ok, but I prefer melta mostly because my shit luck always ends with my plasma weapons exploding in my face.
>>
>>46491303

The Imperial Knight Titan is, in my opinion, the best titan by far. It's the perfect balance of toughness, power, and usability.

For its points it's pretty good. A bit of magnetizing will net you a single model that can be one of six different units, with a wide variety of weaponry to deal with various targets: a large-blast melta gun with a range of 36", a two-shot battle cannon, the biggest minigun this side of Mars, and a selection of D-strength melee. Paint it well and it will be the envy of your FLGS.

But what makes it TRULY amazing is the fact that you can add one to literally any army as an allied detachment (referred to as an Oathsworn detachment), making it 100% legal in any game you can fit it in, points-wise. Of course, running one in a 1000-point-or-less game is going to piss people off, but otherwise, it will serve you well. And it will WRECK a stompa.

Sure, a Warlord or Reaver will also wreck face, but you'll never be able to use them in normal games, either because you don't play Guard or because they're too many points.
>>
>>46491685
So just take nothing but Sorcerers on Bikes. Maybe some Tzeentch ones on Discs to mix it up. Then thrown in a Chaos Knight to help distract.
>>
>>46491730
Problem solved! CSM no longer suck. You need to get this solution to the masses anon, all our CSM bros are going to be so thrilled.
>>
>>46491729
>literally any army.
So it'd be fine if I took one with Tyranids?
>>
>>46491729
Whats the movement like? Im not CREEEEEED so I cant just make it appear out of no-where, and would like to be able to get it around the board.

Other then that though, it sounds pretty badass. Ill look into this.
>>
>>46491602
>flamer squads
You've got the right idea. It's the only weapon infantry squads have that's more viable wielded by them than by veterans, eats blobs alive, and gives them additional overwatch power.

>not a Lord Commissar
Careful, anon. He's cheap, but a Commissar is also not an Independent Character, so he gets a 4+ Look Out, Sir! roll. Enemy snipers will be able to pick him off with suprising ease. If you don't intend on your men taking cover (or more specifically, Going to Ground) then use a Ministorum Priest. He gets a 2+ LoS!, and a 4++ save on top of that, making his chance of ignoring a given enemy attack 11/12!

>Autocannons
Good idea here, though. The AC is the best gun to stick in a blob, since it mostly does the same job the lasgun does, only louder and better. Order the squad Forwards for the Emeperor! to effectively make it Relentless.
>>
>>46491824
Moves 12.
>>
>>46491760
As long as you deploy it far enough away from your Nids and keep is 6" away after that, you could take 3.
>>
>>46491760

YES. You'd be dealing with the Come the Apocalypse ally restrictions, but the Knight's a TITAN; it doesn't care about support. It'll wreck face on its own well enough.

>>46491824
Baby's a Super-Heavy Walker. She stomps 12" each turn and can run 2d6x2", if i recall. She's QUITE fast.
>>
>>46491843
Thats not bad, especially when compared to the slow-as-molasses-in-January large titans
>>
>>46481421
You realize that you're shitposting by spamming that post every thread right?
>>
>>46491824
12" movement, and it has fairly long-range guns along with a directional Invuln save. Getting it across the board is easy. The Stompa only has one gun that can really threaten it.

As for combat ability, I'd put it at around 50/50 odds of beating the Stompa. The knight swings first, but the Stompa has a lot more Hullpoints. Considering a Knight is half the cost though, 50/50 is great odds, and even if it loses it'll deal enough damage that your tanks should be able to finish the Stompa off.
>>
>>46491729
Something i learned last week is that if you're facing a drop pod army:
Hold it in reserves. It'll fuck them sideways
>>
>>46491878
The runs kind of a game changer huh? With a lot of luck you could cross 36" in one turn. Thats one hell of a "Ill just let myself into your frontlines".
>>
>>46491865
>>46491878
I find this hilarious.

>"Why am I helping the Tyranids again?"
>"Eh, so long as I get to kill things. It's pretty boring back home in the courts. This is a lot better."
>>
>>46491892
All super heavies can move 12"
>>
>>46491902
>50/50
Any knight with a Reaper Chainsword swings 3 times with the D. That's 2 shots on average to hit that magic FUCK YOU 6 roll, and 2 penetrating hits at AP2 otherwise. The first strike is a SERIOUS advantage. I'd give it a 75% chance of coming out on top.
>>
>>46491878
>>46491937
Pretty sure it's only the forgeworld titans that have extra run distance.
>>
>>46481227

They all say "This is a Black Legion formation." I'm assuming that's to stop people using them with anything that's not painted BL, right?

>tfw no good way of making custom warbands for CSM with unique "chapter tactics"

desu I just want to run the Purged or the Scourged (but the Purged formation is meh with CSM)
>>
>>46491902
Yeah, I could keep the annihilators at a distance pounding it with cannons while the knight gets into close quarters.
>>
>Dark Eldar
>Scourges
>up to 4 birds can have Heat Lances
>fuckyesmelta.lance
>assembling birds
>one fucking Heat Lance in the entire box

What the fuck?
Is this normal for GW kits or something?
I've halted assembly since I'm not sure what to do now
Fuck
>>
>>46491948
Even if it dies it's going to hit it with another str D hit.
>>
>>46491960
>>46491878

Yep, that's right. Imperia; Knights only run 6". Still, they're not slow; they're half-again faster than footsloggers, and thanks to their sheer size and the fact that they don't give a chocolate-coated FUCK about dangerous terrain, they tend to be faster than non-super-heavy walkers, too.
>>
>>46491980
Yes it's common for kits to only come with one of each weapon. Haywire is better for scourges btw.
>>
File: 15616565115.jpg (20KB, 379x364px) Image search: [Google]
15616565115.jpg
20KB, 379x364px
>>46491980
>Is this normal for GW kits or something?

Yes.
>>
>>46491980
Devs and Longfangs don't have enough Heavies to kit the entire squad out
>>
>>46491948
Well, to mathhammer this out, assuming the Knight gets the charge...

Knight swings 4 times for 2 hits. Assuming average rolls, it deals 4 HP to the Stompa. Assuming a 6 result and another normal result, on average it's still just 1 short of a kill.

Either way, Stompa is likely alive long enough to swing. 4 attacks and 2 hits as well, dealing 4 HP back, possibly 1-shotting the knight with a lucky 6.

Next round, the Knight will likely deal closer to 3 wounds on average, having dropped to 3 attacks. 3.5 hits on average isn't the best odds for getting a 6 result, but that does mean it'll happen a bit better than half the fights, which means that by round 2 the Stompa is either close to 5 HP or dead. Assuming it's at 5 HP, the Stompa will clean up next round without much issue.

Obviously this fight is very swingy due to 6s, but I think it's a relatively even matchup, aside from the fact that the Stompa costs double.
>>
>>46492097
Even if the stompa wins, you still get the apoc blast from the titan death.
>>
>>46491980

Yes, if you haven't noticed yet, you also don't get nearly enough Blasters in Warriors boxes to make all of the Blasterborn squads you'll need. You could make 2 out of the box if you cut the one Shredder or w/e it is up and reassemble it a bit so it looks different, but that's it.

GW are real fucks. All of the good weapons are expensive as fuck on bits sites btw, enjoy $8 Blasters.
>>
So is there any real info on the new supplements?
>>
i miss rhino rush
>>
I kinda want to put power swords on my two tactical sergeants for a beer and pizza 1000pt list...

Would that even be worth doing?
>>
>>46492116
Right, which means if the Stompa wins it's going to be closer to 3 or 4 hullpoints assuming a good result, barring a lucky 6 in the first round by it.

And, since the fight is over in 2 rounds, that means if you charge, you're in a prime position to finish it off with your next shooting phase.

So yes, it's about even as to who will win the fight, but the Stompa is probably dead afterwards.
>>
>>46492176
Thankfully no one will know what DE weapons look like so you can just say that they're whatever.
>>
>>46491980
This is the exact reason I dont play what you see is what you get. Pretty much no one in my group does. We just do the physical build of what guns/weapons we think look best (while still sticking within the rules, ie squads have the proper number of special/heavy weapons, etc) and tell our opponents before the game what is what if its not what the model is holding.
>>
>>46492097
>>46492116

This is about right, but one must recall that knights in melee are actually kind of lousy. If you're going to be beating down a Stompa, you'll want to do it at range, first; it's Deff Kannon will bounce off your shields half the time (though it WILL reliably penetrate your armor, so watch that shield facing), while you can pound it with high-end Imperial Ordnance from a distance. If you sprung for the Knight Crusader and went full shooty, you might have an ass-whoopin' incoming, but you'll give that Stompa a beating:

>Avenger Gatling Cannon
>12 shots, 9 hits
>S6, 1.3 rends
This from 36", so the Stompa will get shot this way at least 3 times. You'll eat 3 shots from the Deff Kannon, but you'll lose less HP to it.

>Rapid Fire Battle Cannon
>2 shots, both will hit due to sheer target size
>S8 Ordnance, 1.11 HP lost)
This from SIX FEET. You'll chew it up pretty good by the time it gets to you. Same rules for the Deff Kannon apply.

Take one of these with your Reaper Chainsword and the Stompa will be in serious pain by the time you actually charge it. Add in a hull meltagun for some extra fun and get choppin'. Again, all this adds up to about an EVEN match between the knight and the Stompa, but remember that your knight is at MOST 470 points, while his Stompa is 770. If the two knock each other out, you've won.
>>
Trying to find/create a Tyranid Survival/Last-Stand game to play with friends. So far, I've got:

4 HQ's (No named characters), 250pts or under.
Once they lose their last wound, they get knocked down, and can be brought back up at the beginning of the surviver's turn if there is another HQ within 6" of the downed guy.
(How many wounds should they be brought back up with? Do HQ's regen wounds at the beginning of turns?)

At the beginning of Tyranid turns, new enemies arrive from a random side on the board.
Turns 1 and 2 are just gaunts, Turn 3 is warriors, Turn 4 is genestealers, Turn 5 is a Carnifex, Turn 6 is a Hive Tyrant.

Need to do some playtesting to figure out if this will work at all/how to balance it, but how does the idea sound?
>>
>>46492324
This discounts any repairs the stompa might have.
>>
>>46481264
Excellent job my brother
>>
Alright, I believe this to be a sign from the God Emperor himself, personally blessing this chaplain here. Today while I sat down to start today's painting session, I witnessed a Ray of Golden Sunlight shining directly through the tree branches near my house, and DIRECTLY onto this Chaplain's Crozius. It glowed like a great fire, and was such a glorious sight that I had to whip out my phone camera right then and there to take a picture.

So here it is, a sign of the God Emperor's Blessing himself. The upcoming space marine supplements will change the game forever. The Age of the Emperor is upon us, and Eldar shall be dethroned from their mountain of bullshit. The age of the Space Marines shall be upon us, and the game will be glorious once again.
>>
>>46492408
At that point though, you're talking about paying another 100 points or so for however many Meks you want to shove in it. That's pushing it from double points closer to triple, meaning a lucky 6 on the Knight's part is going to kill even more point's worth of stuff.
>>
>>46492457
Pretty sweet color scheme. What chapter is that?

THIN YOUR PAINTS.
>>
>>46492471
To be fair the ork player can throw a unit of tankbustas at a knight that will blow it up for cheap as well.
>>
>>46492493
They are fucking thinned, and this guy was to be the subject of today's painting session.

Colour Scheme is Raptors 2nd Company. Or well it will be once I'm done with all of the Ultra-thin layering being done. I'm painting him by the wash method, so all of my paints are 95% water.
>>
>>46492501
At which point you're looking at 1000 points of your army trying to handle this one 400 point unit.

Let's just call Knights and Stompas even, accept that Stompas are horribly overcosted, and stop this from devolving into a 'but what if he has x?'
>>
>>46492554
Well you wouldn't be using the stompa to fight the knight at that point. I just wanted to point out that a knight isn't a guaranteed counter to a stompa.
>>
>>46492457
Truly, he is blessed, Brother! Go forth with the Emperor's light, and smite the foul Heretic, whom would corrupt the citizens of Man!

>>46492523
I got to say, he looks pretty cool.
>>
>think about giving a jump pack to my captain
>remember that i cut assault marines from my list because an accident damaged mine beyond usability
i feel like having only one guy capable of jumping around isn't useful
>>
>>46492639
Put Two Lightning Claws on him, run him as MURDERWINGS

Then feel free to use him like an Eversor, just stick him behind some kind of BLOS, and let your opponent know that they won't be able to get anywhere fucking close to said location without horrifically dying to 12 melee attacks plus an orbital bombardment on the charge
>>
>>46492639
I've run a Chaos Lord as the only jump model in smaller games before. Having a killy source of fearless like that hopping between squads is actually rather interesting.
>>
>>46492618
Thank you! May the blessings of the God Emperor be with you as you slaughter the enemies of mankind.
>>
>>46492704
fuck it i'll give it a try

>>46492678
sadly i don't have any LC sitting around
was thinking of giving him a power sword and a grav pistol
>>
>>46492457

>Badab war chapter

Good taste, but you might not be able to use the Raven Guard goodies in the supplement unless you have Raven Guard tactics, we don't know yet
>>
>>46492723
grav pistols are pure shit
power swords are for the weak, LC or TH, or if you feel really fucking TESTICULAR, take both
>>
>>46492757
>LC and TH

that sounds like the ultimate "get the fuck out of my face" loadout

i love it
>>
>>46492723
>>46492757
Grav-pistols are okay. They're a bit expensive, but they're nice against 2+ and concussive is handy.
>>
>>46492735
The entire rest of my collection that I inherited from another person was painted as Astral Claws. But I have never once used the Astral Claws tactics on the tabletop, because they're just insufferably shit, to a point where I don't even fucking know why the original owner painted them that way.

I'm currently in the process of having them all repainted, but it's a slow process.

I've gotten all of the Companies set up with their own unique camo pattern. Right now I'm doing the 10th company in a Swamp-Camo of my own design, with combinations of amoebas and stipples.

Once I'm done with this company, I'm going to do the 9th company in Mountbatten Pink with olive-tigerstripe and grey stipples.

Only my 2nd and 1st companies are going to be in the traditional colour schemes. This chaplain here will be from the second company.
>>
>>46492853

Astral Claws are meant to be played as Tyrant's Legion, basically you get hive militia as meatshields and artillery support.
>>
Are there any of the stuff like SMASHFUCKER for Imperial Fists?
>>
>>46492878
Yea, which is kind of hard when I don't have any militia meatshields. Maybe someday I'll revisit that idea when I start grabbing up Empire Free Militia models to run a Imperial Militia levee horde.
>>
>>46492879
His name is Darnath Lysander, I'm glad I could get you two acquainted
>>
>>46481964
>>46484576

ASPECT HOST

Howling Banshees (10)
Exarch w/ Executioner

Howling Banshees (10)
Exarch w/ Executioner

Howling Banshees (10)
Exarch w/ Executioner

Don't even take the last 50 points. You'll also want to bring a mouth-guard as you're gonna get punched in the face.
>>
>>46492184
Space Marines are getting a compilation of recent SM supplements/rules - with some new formations tacked on. They're also getting new psychic abilities/cards.

CSM are getting Black Legion with shitty formations, Crimson Slaughter with (assumed) shitty formations, and a big dick in their gaping, bloodied asshole.
>>
>>46493060
you are forgetting another set of bundles with the same models they try to pawn to CSM players for the last years
>>
>>46493060
Crimson Slaughter formations are almost assuredly some of the already-crimson slaughter themed ones they've released. Kranon's Helguard, etc.
>>
>>46493060

Admit it, the warpsmith + pets and the sorcerer conclave formations are good
>>
>>46493059
i thought we all agreed that banshees were a joke for killing meq, besides the exarch
>>
>>46493179
would anyone be upset if i used defilers instead?
>>
>>46493203

Not for a homebrew scenario if you can fluff it and it's with a friend.

But in tournaments or leagues, it wouldn't be allowed.
>>
>>46493179
Sorcerer conclave is good for spamming sorcerers, the power's kind of meh unless you're against something with a Wraithknight/Stormsurge/Grav-heavy unit.

Warpsmith + pets is way too expensive for what it does, and what it does isn't that impressive anyways.
>>
>>46493248
>Fluff it

They're all Daemon engines. Really that formation could be any 2 vehicles with the Daemon special rule and it would make as much sense. Heck, even if it was Obliterators it would still make sense.
>>
>>46493267
The main thing the Warpsmith formation does is make autocannon Forgefiends more viable if you were already taking all those units. BS 5 on 8 shots like that is nice, but at the same time, you could just as easily get 3 plasma blasts that don't care about BS that much.
>>
>>46489999
>>46490029
I'd completely forgot to ask, but why green for the tongue and mouth?
>>
>>46493475
Shoot, messed up the second link,
>>46490028
>>
>>46493413
You can make two squads of four autocannon havocs for a few ablative wounds that is both more resiliant and has the same amount of firepower as that formation, though.

Longer range, too.
>>
>>46493643
Well, there are a few other differences. Pinning is minor, but it is there. S8 is a meaningful change compared to S 7, as it ID's T 4 and can glance AV 14. BS 5 is also still an improvement over BS 4, though it is slight.

More resilient is a bit debatable. Yes, the Havocs will have more wounds, but are more vulnerable to infantry guns, and lack any sort of Invuln save like the Forgefiend can get. Furthermore, IWND combined with the Warpsmith means it's difficult to wear down.

The Forgefiend also has the benefit of being more mobile, since it's a Walker.
>>
>>46493189

They're a joke for everything besides MEQ. A squad of 10 will kill 10 marines in 2 turns if they don't sweep them the first round, can't be overwatched, and are cheap as shit. Pretty ideal for what the guy asked I'd say.
>>
>>46493873
Is that before or after accounting for Shuriken pistol shots?
>>
>>46493888
fuck off khorne
but really, i wouldnt even bother firing the shuriken pistols if you have a decent sized unit, you dont want to risk doing enough damage to cause your melee to wipe them out first round of combat and then get shot the fuck up
>>
Getting my partner a 1500 DE/Harlequin army for her birthday/christmas this year, but don't have much experience with either. Does this look decent?

HARLEQUINS - Cast of Players
Death Jester
Shadowseer - lvl 2, Mask of Secrets
7 Players w/ 3 Harlequin's Kiss

DARK ELDAR - Realspace Raiders Detachment

HQ
Haemonculus - Webway Portal, Archangel of Pain
Succubus - Archite Glaive, Haywire, Armour of Misery

ELITES
4 Incubi w/ Klaivex, Venom with Splinter Cannon

TROOPS
10 Kabalite w/ Splinter Cannon, Sybarite, Power Sword, Raider with Dark Lance
5 Warriors w/ Blaster, Sybarite, Venom with Splinter Cannon
10 Wyches w/ Hekatrix, Haywire, Power Sword, Raider with Dark Lance

FAST ATTACK
Raider with Dark Lance
5 Scourges w/ Solarite, Power Lance, Splinter Cannon

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager w/ 3 Disintegrators, Nightshield

She likes the Wyches, Warriors and Harlequin models the most, whilst I would be keen to paint Incubi and Scourges as well. It would be 99% for friendly matches, and my group is pretty good with keeping the power levels low.
>>
File: TheCovenant.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
TheCovenant.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>46481176

I'm trying to figure out a believable backstory for how a Fallen Chapter Master would come to control a Loyalist Chapter by the 41st Millenium. My notes so far are:

>Luciphros is a Heresy era Terran Marine; Chapter Master of the 1st Legion.
>When the schism happens Luciphros plans to side with Luther and rushes his fleet into position
>Warp fuckery happens and Luciphros arrives in the 34th Millenium with the remnants of his Chapter
>Luciphros learns of what really transpired with Lucifer, has reason to believe the Lion lives (but doesn't know where), and wants to seek out the Lion for redemption
>Luciphros and his men adopt the colors and heraldry of an annihilated Unforgiven Chapter named the Covenant and pretend to be the warp lost survivors of the Chapter; only recently returned to the Imperial fold.
>Luciphros desperately steals any information, relic, or mystics/prophets he can in order to discern clues as to the Lion's status/whereabouts whilst having to avoid the modern Dark Angels and their allies.

Sound plausible? Attached a PDF of what I've got on the Chapter so far.
>>
>>46493936
realspace raiders is solidly pointless with that list, if you'll be playing maelstrom, then obsec is far more important than the 5/6+ cover save turn one
also, wyches are hot garbage, and i would replace them and that FA raider with reavers
>>
>>46493944
I don't think it's bad, what's the normal marine color schme look like though?
>>
I have a question: can more than one Mek be attached to the same unit? is it possible to have multiple meks repair the same vehicle in a single turn?
>>
What's the single biggest piece of fluff bullshit?
>>
>>46494006

I'm playing Deathwing so I haven't actually painted any 3+ Marines but it would be the same; gun-metal arms/weapons, light green eyes, imperial purple body.
>>
>>46494078

I realized 40k Fluff was sliding when the Blood Angels first bro'd out with the Necrons.
>>
>>46494072
yes

>>46494078
as in stuff i personally can't stand or the one most agree is bullshit? i can't think of any fluffi really hate (even the draigo stuff since grey knights are made for fighting daemons) but my favorite fluff is anything including changeling
>>
>>46493936
Oh oh oh.
While I admire your enthusiam there is almost no ability to counter enemy armor in there. That is bad.

Don't know much about harlies, I assume they go into the empty raider?

the Haemo does what?

succubus is solid

would take a raider for the incubi, with nightshields as it is more durable. Synergy with Jink-saves also disintegrator as you will be jinking anyway and enhanced sails to go faster than the orks allow

10 kabas: sybarite is worthless in there, take splinter racks to twinlink for cheap, also nightshields
5kabas; again sybarite what for?

wyches: PowerSword->agoniser as you can wound bigger things with it, especially mcs. again nightshields also cut down by a couple wyches as they are good for tarpitting

5scourges ???A heavy and a melee weapon why. The best setup is 4 haywire/heatlance/blaster but getting the bits for that can be frustrating, as there is only 1 per box and bitsites are notorious for being out of stock on them

would consider a squad of reavers with caltrops for S6 rending impact hits. Realistic minimum is 6. No special weapons they are fragile as shit.

Ravager Solid you might want a second with dark lances.

While a usual recommendation is 5 trueborn warriors with blasters I would wait until GWs big FAQ is out before thinking about that. Currently the transport can jink and while it has to snapfire, the passengers do not have to. If that changes to snapfiring passengers as well, many DE builds will have to adjust. Drastically.
(which is why Dark Lance on raider is not exactly good anti-tank in the first place)

So all in all consider DE and Harlies are fragile so you should avoid putting too much in one transport. They will get shot down. Fast. Best to have more smaller units.
Also change Realspace Raider to normal CAD for obsec
>>
>>46494078
I think there was one time in the novels when a dozen tactical marines killed 3000 Dark Eldar.
>>
>>46494078
Didn't a marine bench press a titan's foot once or something?
>>
>>46494430
angron did indeed squat a titan, when it was about to step on him and lorgar(?)
so i mean, its still silly, but its slightly more reasonable because its fucking angron
>>
>>46493475
That was just an example. I didn't want to repeat red because the eyes should be, and the mouth is typically a brighter, fleshy color (pink, purple, green, etc.). I know they're Hive Fleet Ultra, but I think have a metallic mouth is a little too much, and I didn't know if you wanted to make the tongue/mouth blue, too.
Go for it, if you want. That was just me spit-balling ideas.
>>
>>46494078
>>46494195

Yeah, Newcrons are the biggest fluff bullshit
>>
>>46494430
>>46494415
If that's true, that's so bad it's hilarious. Like, I get marines are absolutely superhumans and practically comparable to tanks in terms of strength and durability, but how the hell can you justify those things?
>>
>>46494521
>>46494444
Okay, that's a little bit more believable, but that's still a little bullshit.
>>
File: fighting dark eldar.jpg (9KB, 360x450px) Image search: [Google]
fighting dark eldar.jpg
9KB, 360x450px
>>46494415
not that hard to imagine, they are running around in 5+/6+ armor and av 10 open topped skimmers
>>
>>46494078
old C'Tan
5th edition Grey Knights in general
anything by CS Goto
all that ancient illuminati star child sensei crap
perpetuals

take your pick from any of the above
>>
Can anyone tell me if the standard land raider comes with a pintle multi melta? I'm trying to figure out if i lost part of the sprue. Buildin an achilles
>>
Any recommendations for good batrep channels? Looking for some tyranid videos and I've seen pretty much all of the MiniWarGaming stuff
>>
>>46494621
If it was like, a company, I could understand. But it's like marines. They're outnumbered 300 to 1.
>>
>>46494678
maybe

as the enemy is DE there is a fat chance they fought amongst themselves
>>
how do i play blood ravens in 30k
>>
>>46494678
what if the dark eldar were wearing super flammable clothing, eating hot food, standing next to red barrels and wearing their armor? i mean in that case 1 marine could kill 10 dark eldar every minute
>>
File: Capture.png (57KB, 673x492px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
57KB, 673x492px
>>46494415
I think I know what you're talking about, but it wasn't like the tacticals were just sitting out in the open with a metric ton of raiders flying around them. Also, it was pretty intentional.
>>
>>46494988
>>46494725
>>46494678
>>46494547
>>46494521
>>46494415

In the Iron Snakes novel one tactical marine kills something like 5000 Dark Eldar. Not kidding.
>>
File: Thousand Sons.jpg (1MB, 2620x1191px) Image search: [Google]
Thousand Sons.jpg
1MB, 2620x1191px
>>46494949
>>
>>46494949
Play Thousand Sons when their rules come out.
>>
>>46494949
you dont
>>
>>46481176
>trying to find the 2016 ork supplement
>can't find shit
;_;
>>
>>46495169
Mega guy vanished.
>>
>>46495169
You don't want to find it
>>
>>46495185
Anyone have a digital DL for the Daemon stuff from the Wulfen update?
>>
>>46495185
RIP.
Anyone got a .pdf of it?
>>
>>46495185
Good thing I just downloaded all my shit yesterday. Good timing, I guess.
>>
Is their any other in universe books besides the uplifting primer?
>>
>>46495414
i believe the codex are written in universe as well, or at least parts. the other parts are written by the blue scribes or changeling
>>
>>46493179
NO. It should have been at least Optimized stealth cadre + Warconvo^2 level to be able to even beat massed ork boyz list.
>>
>>46494521
Duh, they are marines, they can get away with anything. In lore and on table.
>>
>>46495414
The xenology.

The 13th Black Crusade campaign book.
>>
File: Tau Sept.png (297KB, 794x1123px) Image search: [Google]
Tau Sept.png
297KB, 794x1123px
What are the rules for a good symbol, banner, flag, insignia?
>>
>>46495596
>good
has to have a two headed eagle on it at the very least
>>
>>46495027
Aren't situations like this the reason why the space marines have cyclonic torpedoes and life eating virus bombs?
>>
>>46495414
Munitorum manual.

>>46495427
>>46495465
I think he means a book that's published in the 40k universe, like the uplifting primer.
>>
>>46495685
How badly can one misspell evil?
>>
>>46495685

The Nazi agree with you.
>>
>>46495596

I see the Farscape Peace Keepers symbol and the Combne from Half-Life in there. Thanks anon!
>>
Anybody able to give me a text-run down of the Black Legion formations? Is it worse than Ghaz?

Crimson Slaughter with some nice ones would be pretty good as the Relics were pretty nice iirc. If they can make Possessed good, then it'll be pretty great.
>>
>>46496198
well they were the good guys
>>
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Warhammer-40k-space-marine-dreadnought-1990s-metal-Pro-painted-battle-worn-/172130507906?hash=item2813c71c82:g:DtUAAOSwoBtW4xFF

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Space-Marine-Blood-Angels-Assualt-Squad-Pro-Painted-/121942912136?hash=item1c645d2c88:g:YYAAAMXQlgtS7YOl

Why do people put this up as "pro painted"? Is it a joke or are people delusional? I just don't get it, please help me understand.
>>
>>46496211
Most are shit but the Sorcerer coven thing can be neat. No easier casting unfortunately (cant be as good as a librarius conclave, emperor forbid), but spell familiars help with that. Using an enemy unit to shoot as one of your own can be massively powerful against armies like Tau and Eldar though
>>
>>46496228
By putting "Pro Painted" in the title, it triggers their item to appear when people type "Pro Painted" into the search engine.

I've bought stuff from Ebay which look better than that shit and it wasn't labelled "pro painted", but it could have gotten away with it, had it done so. I need to take pictures of them to show, but they're what I classify as "gaming quality". As in, on a table, you'll think they look good and do look good, it's only when you get to look up real close that it's not quality.

And by not quality, I mean, not Gold/Slayer Sword quality. That Blood Angels diorama (or whatever the other term is) got Gold + Slayter Sword award. Not like that quality. But good enough for you to enjoy looking at them.
>>
>>46496228
Just because it says "pro painted" does not mean it's well painted. It merely means they're trying to do it for a living or just profit from it.
Most of the time it also means the models are painted with cigarettes.
>>
>>46496237
So, not too bad? I was hoping for a rule write up or better arranged rule pictures.

But that will do anon, my Chaosfag friend will be slightly happy. He hates Loyalists so much. Mostly due to the fact they get love and Chaos doesn't.
>>
File: BlackLegionFormations.jpg (2MB, 3776x1502px) Image search: [Google]
BlackLegionFormations.jpg
2MB, 3776x1502px
>>46496264
Here's the picture that was linked to a previous thread. They're fine if you have a casual meta, but they really don't make CSM any more competitive than they were before.
>>
>>46496243
This. However, as I said in my post above yours, it's often done to get the search hit to show theirs.

However, if none of their products have ever sold, they cannot be considered "professional". You only get that label when you've sold lots.

But, on the other hand, in society, "Professional" means they're skilled and trained to do good quality stuff (this obviously goes hand in hand with getting paid). So, perhaps that anon was wondering why it goes like that.

tl;dr, professional means they get paid, not that they do it well. Society thinks professional means doing it well.
>>
File: noice.png (11KB, 150x148px) Image search: [Google]
noice.png
11KB, 150x148px
>>46496284
Thanks anon. Casual meta is cool. Most people who want to do competitions due the best lists from the best factions anyway. I doubt there are many 100% CSM armies getting 1st in competitions outside of local FLGS competitions.
>>
>>46496287
Well, in a way, Society is right about that. After all, if they're not doing it well, then they won't be getting paid for long.
>>
>>46496284
The Coven allows to span sorcs which enables making deathstars. Going to start testing a deathstar version in two weeks.
>>
>>46496284
I'm really liking the multi-sorcerer formation. I'm getting the strong urge to start up a Tzeentch army consisting of nothing but a bunch of sorcerer covens.
>>
>>46496303
Correct. You also risk getting negative feedback on Ebay from people having a go cause it isn't what they would expect from 'professional'.

It's scummy, but I've gotten good deals from Ebay. I used to check regularly, but I have so much crap now if I saw a good deal I don't know if I could resist.
>>
>>46496303
>>46496313
Again, fine in a casual or friendly meta, but at least in my meta the whole release seems to be just unplayable.
>>
>>46496313
>Fucking CSM cheese, fuck off, I'm going to tell people not to play you
>*packs up Eldar and three Wraithknights*
>>
>>46494651
TTT.
They have loads of different armies, don't "umm and err" for 3 hours and don't try to force in shitty jokes and quirky behaviour to be interesting.
>>
>>46481421
You forgot to add that the rules are so bad it hurts. Formations and epic40k sized battles are killing this game. Apocalypse was fun occasionally. Now without house ruling it's mini apoc all the time.

They are fucking it up like they fucked warhammer up. The starting costs are just way too high. Good luck getting new players GW, and you need them now more than ever since so very many people have quit due to shit rules, and the knock on effect of AoS.

I go to 3 different gaming clubs, all of them were 40k dominated. Now it's all X-Wing and infinity. Plus some Mantic gaming and a couple of 30k players.

I'm really sad with what happened to muh game.
There's so much right, the new armies, the kick ass minis. But the rules mang... the rules.. and GW's fuck you customer attitude.
>>
>>46495194
No.

It wasn't worth the effort, only 8 pages are changed from the old ghazghkull supp, 1 is the index, 2 are fluff for badrukk.
>>
>>46495048

wuz they heed from?
>>
>>46495596
K.I.S.S.
Make it somthing you can recognize at range, replicate across an army and didn't rip from an anime.
>>
>>46494651
>I've seen pretty much all of the MiniWarGaming stuff
How can anyone watch this channel without cringing at unpainted minis, poorly painted minis, forgetting rules, intros with annoying voices, blatant cheating or those pointless 1v1 unit videos?
>>
>>46496466
>mfw daves new sons of horus are painted salamander green
>they paid some shitty painting company to do this, or it was done by the company for free in exchange for advertisement, proud of the poorly executed shit they gave him.
its hilarious
>>
>>46496487
Why? That doesn't make sense. I can get it if it was your own OCDONUTSTEEL chapter in 40k... But outright not doing the right colours for 30k is just.... cringey.
>>
>>46496504
>Why?
because sons of horus green isnt an official color, and its apparently hard to figure out, so the lazy shit company just painted them all salamander green. kek

the best part is that the MWG guys are so retarded and know so little about the fluff, that they didnt even realize they got like 3k+ points worth of shit painted the wrong color.
>>
>>46496313
Speaking as a Tzeentch player, to have them worth a damn it's going to be ridiculously expensive. Made a list yesterday and you'd want +1 Mastery to gain access to non-Tzeentch powers, MoT for obvious reasons along with a sigil and a spell familiar to make them more resilient (3++). 3 of those is 420 points. Adding 2 more for a nice cabal of 5 sets you back 700 points. It's ridiculously expensive.

that said if you have bodyguards and the enemy isn't too bothered about including Precision Shot in his list, you might actually get away not getting sigils at all, since your bodyguards will pass LoS on a 2+. Might be risky, but its up to you. You'd shave off 125 points with that.
>>
>>46496531
It is now, Forge World makes it.
>>
>>46496531
Also Quirks AL are metallic crimson fists, but I like their videos, it's kinda like some dudes at your LGS made videos, I like that
>>
>>46496552
guess they didnt get the memo. shits laughable, they have a huge salamander army, and a sons of horus army painted the exact same color.

if they did a batrep against each other you wouldnt even be able to tell whos who.

>>46496558
steves IW are too shiny too, they are like grey knights.
>>
File: sons of horus.jpg (38KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
sons of horus.jpg
38KB, 600x620px
>>46496531
>>46496552
So this is made with the SoH paint? Surely it would be slightly harder, but possible, to make it? I swear a company did a colour similar to this as well.
>>
>>46494651
Winters SEO and Geeks 40k are probably the best for fluffy, well painted and balanced battle reports that don't last for hours. Tabletop Tactics if you want to learn the meta and rules also have great banter and well painted models.

Striking Scorpion is probably the original high production value battle report channel but the actual battle reports are usually slow, one sided and the narrative approach gets lost in the players gloating. Used to have flavoursome armies but has fallen to powercreep.

If you're looking for nids go to Striking Scorpion and Tabletop Tactics.
>>
>>46496592
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayiA0miLrSw
heres MWGs SoH for comparison

kek
>>
>>46496592
Lots of companies do.
Its a sea green.
>>
>>46496641
It's a nice clean Salamanders scheme alright, but not SoH.
>>
>>46496641
Yes. That is defo Salamander. It's not bad though. But any professional company should have mixed a fucking colour for SoH. Vajelo as I said do one I think.

>>46496647
Then no excuse if they're dropping big bux on it.
>>
How does BS 6 plus Twin-Linked work?
>>
>>46496701
BS6 and above grants you a form of "re-roll" that isn't one at the same time. It's still 2+ to hit as 1s are always a failure, but if you get a 1, you get your BS-granted re-roll of a 6+. If you fail that, your twin-linking ability allows you to repeat the whole process. First a 2+ and a 6+ if you miss that again.

As you can imagine, its not very useful.
>>
>>46496701
It's in the Brb.
>>
>>46496715
You can't reroll a reroll.
Bs 6 will let you hit on a 6 if you miss, proper TWL is a second try.
>>
>>46496715
You're wrong. BS6+ is a reroll and you cant reroll a reroll. So having BS6+ is wasted if you are twinlinked.
>>
>>46496701
Roll a dice
Result is 1
You now choose if you want to use your twin-linked re-roll or your BS6 re-roll.

Obviously you pick the twin-linked so you're still hitting on 2's instead of 6's.

Can only re-roll each dice once.
>>
>>46496752
Unless you are firing twin-linked blasts.
>>
>>46496757
>>46496752
>>46496744
Well, I'll be fucked. I thought it was like FnP in that it gives you something extra. I always thought the BS6+ re-roll was just a way to counter the limitation of using a 6-sided die with values that go over 6. Didn't think it counted as a re-roll.

Fair enough, thanks for clearing that up.
>>
File: Capture.png (75KB, 593x447px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
75KB, 593x447px
>>46496701
>>46496721
>>
>>46496785
Never found it weird why Tau don't mega boost their Twin-Linked units instead of only going to BS5 if that was the case
>>
>>46496922
No cause I never played against Tau in my meta. There's only 3 people that do. Two dickheads who stay in a different club and run full cheese and me, who plays footslogging infantry stealth/sniping casual lists.

But I always thought that people stopped because "eh, BS5 is enough, no need to complicate shit". Plus if you go beyond BS5, you don't get a good chance to hit until Bs8, so there's like a 3 point gap I thought people saw as a deadzone of sorts.

You live and learn!
>>
>>46496922
Well, assuming they use Co-ord fire from a hunter contingent, most units will only be at BS4 and will need at least 4 markerlights in order to get a reroll worth using (4+)

considering you could just remove cover and boost your BS by 1 for 3 markers, it's generaly a better option.

not to mention tau players never bring enough markers IMO
>>
>>46496970
How many markers is enough in your opinion?

I bring.. 8 BS5 and 9 BS3 and 1 Networked BS3.
>>
>>46497030
For a 2000 pt game I bring twenty nine.

6 Pathfinder teams (3 of which have infiltrate and shrouded thanks to a formation)

markerlights in my four firewarrior squads, plus the one from a fireblade.

which brings it up to 29. fluff wise my army doesn't use vehicles so most of the markerlights get spent on the broadsides, but the firewarriors and kroot snipers can make effective use of them too. For the same points however, you could drop the kroot/vespids and take the formation that has three skyrays, giving you around 30 seeker missiles.
>>
>>46493189

Without the formation? Yeah. With WS5 though they actually do their job assuming you can get them in.
>>
>>46497056
Holy shit that's crazy. But sweet, Kinda sorta myself. My main source is my 5-man pathfinder "spotter" team (the other 5 are in a sniper team with darkstrider) and 6 marker drones attached to a commander. then its my fireblade, stealthsuit Shas'vres and the remora drone. Granted I only use the fireblade and stealthsuit markerlights if I REALLY need to or guns aren't in range.

I play 1500, but considering my few units, I don't really need any more markerlights. I might have too many for my use, actually.
>>
>>46496641
This is why I play Luna Wolves. You can't go wrong with Black and White. And if the white streaks, all you need to do is Nuln Oil that sucker and it gives a nice dirty effect.
>>
>>46497056
I didn't know kroot could use markerlight boosts.
Though it was only true tau units.
>>
>>46497532
Weren't they grey and black?
>>
>>46497548
It states any unit with the Tau Empire faction can use it. Which mean both Kroot and Vespid can, but not allied units
>>
File: Luna_Wolves_Mk_III.jpg (180KB, 523x881px) Image search: [Google]
Luna_Wolves_Mk_III.jpg
180KB, 523x881px
>>46497557
Well, it's an exceedingly light grey. I based my army's colour-scheme off this picture.
>>
>>46497787
Yeah.
Almost silvery white.
Like the moon.
Just got that now.
>>
File: image.png (444KB, 400x585px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
444KB, 400x585px
>>46497908
They did get that name for attacking the moon.
>>
File: 1453514280433.jpg (85KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1453514280433.jpg
85KB, 500x400px
>>46495596
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 1824x1226px)
image.jpg
3MB, 1824x1226px
>>46496198
Think older.
>>
>>46495042
By chopping through them with a chain sword, or by setting a reactor to overload?
>>
>>46494494
Ah, no it's fine, was just wondering why.
>>
>>46496466
You mean all the shit you get by going to a gamestore anyway? At least they do decent editing for their battle reports.
>>
The Ultranids thread got archived. A shame, I thought it was hilarious.
>>
>>46481258
What would you wanted from the Sorcerer Coven?
>>
My second game and my opponent brings 1500 to a 1000 game. Bastardized tried to play it off too.
>>
>>46497056
>6 Pathfinder teams
I remember once playing a scenario of 1000 points where we were only allowed to bring fast attack choices, and no forgeworld. You'd be surprised how powerful Pathfinders can be.

Scout Detachment (1250pts)
Farsight Enclaves: Supplement

Fast Attack (1250pts)
Pathfinder Team with Ion Rifle (And my warlord)
Bonding Knife Ritual, EMP Grenades, MV33 Grav-inhibitor Drone
5x Pathfinder, 3x Pathfinder with Ion Rifle, Pathfinder Shas'ui - Ion Rifle (Warlord)

Pathfinder Team with Ion Rifle
Bonding Knife Ritual, EMP Grenades
5x Pathfinder, 3x Pathfinder with Ion Rifle

Pathfinder Team with Rail Rifles
5x Pathfinder, 3x Pathfinder with Rail Rifle

This list. I wrecked shit left and right, and I threw it together in 5 minutes. People saying "Too many markerlights" are dumb as bricks. You can never have too many markerlights, if they are on pathfinders.
>>
>>46494195

>Unironically thinking there's anything wrong with the Blood Angels and Necrons teaming up to fight a common enemy because a meme said you should hate it
>>
>>46493267
Kinda wish the Sorc power scaled with the target
1WC = any infantry
2WC = any MC/Vehicle
3WC = any GC / SH
>>
>>46498172
>all the shit you get by going to a gamestore anyway
The people at my store don't run a wargaming YouTube channel. :^)
>>
>>46493643
Dinobots can move and shoot. Havocs can't.
Minor, but an edge.
>>
>>46496284

>Mindshackle scarabs as a ranged psychic power

Yes because that ability never pissed anyone off out of all proportion with the actual impact it had.
>>
I remember that earlier in the year on the social media pages for GW or one of the GW stores posted a date with some vague shit, but I forgot the date or where it was. Did anything ever come of that?
>>
>>46498302
To illustrate my point, and this was the primary way I used this list:

Rail Rifles are highest priority - Do they have 2+ saves? If yes, take a squad of rail rifles and fire them at it, using the rail rifles, and MARKERLIGHTS, not the pulse weapons.

Then take another squad of rail rifles. Strip any cover they may have, or boost your BS to ensure those 3 rail rifles hit their mark. repeat with all 4 squads, or until the unit is gone.

Do they have a lot of models, or is their save 4+ or worse? Replace the above process with Ion rifles.

Fuck Crisis Suits - They are just as good at shooting, but a fuckton more expensive, where Pathfinders are cheaper, AND technically better when used in larger numbers.

With formations, this is very much possible, and the formations just make it even better.
>>
>>46498365
MSS denied you to use your character completely.
That was the infuriating part.

This does not.
>>
>>46497942
Their colours are lunar too though, surface silvery and crate black.
>>
Anyone know what weapon options the starter box comes with for the Hive Tyrant and Warriors?
>>
>>46494949
Loyalist thousand sons who are members of the corvus cult
>>
>>46498302
>Scout Detachment

Can't find this, what page is it?
>>
>>46496405
http://maxmini.eu/steam-knights-heads-bits
>>
I started playing CSM so I already know I'm going to lose.
But who's to say I can't have fun losing?

I want to make 3 units of 35 Cultists for 450 p
Even though it's pants-on-head retarded, is there actually anything I can do with 105 Cultists in a 1k or 1.5k game?
>>
>>46499034
Give them Typhus and turn them into Plague Zombies with 4+ FNP. Granted, they are still gonna get eaten by regular marines, but all they need to do is get Typhus into melee and that's your opponent completely fucked.
>>
>>46499034
>But who's to say I can't have fun losing?
It's not about losing or not.
You can't have fun with CSM. Period.

Kits sucks, rules sucks, balance sucks, supplement sucks, there is nothing good about them.

Play 30k.
>>
File: 1454828537019.png (2MB, 1137x837px) Image search: [Google]
1454828537019.png
2MB, 1137x837px
>>46499034
Play Kdk
>>
>>46499034
If you want to play CSM, play Path To Glory... And make sure you play Tzeentch, because Tzeentch armies are broken as fuck in that. Rhubrics are ridiculously broken when they don't cost anything.
>>
>>46499034
make the game extremly boring for your opponent. Move all in the movementphase, run all in the shooting phase.

You should consider bringing a dark apostle as his zealot bubble can prevent all three from running.
>>
>>46499072
boy are you salty.
>>
>>46499034
Run them as Renegades and Heretics with a separate CSM detachment. Cultists suck, and you should switch to R&H as soon as you take more than an obligatory 2x10.
>>
Particle casters or whip coils for wraiths? Or a mix of the two?

Also, tesla or gauss for immortals?
>>
>>46498183
I'm gonna try to finish writing the lore for them at least. It gives me something to do and it should only take like a half hour to research the lore. It's funny enough for me
>>
Please sit down.

I'm Inquisitor Chris Hansonious with the Ordos Pedowatch, we've discovered some peculiar, perhaps even heretical things in your search history.

Care to explain anon?
>>
>>46499126
>Care to explain anon?

You're bored and didn't get enough responses to this copypasta last time?
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 246x275px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 246x275px
>>46499126
It's all cool Chris, go back to work.
>>
>>46498391
When I was a new player and relied on two Khorne daemon princes to fight my necron friend, those things fucking traumatized me. I must've read those rules like 5 or 6 times trying to understand the massive fucking horseshit that are "Mindshackle Scarabs."

Those things fucking trigger me nowadays. Fuck them and everything they represent.
>>46498704
I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's just the complete kit for both units. Wings for the tyrant, guns, everything.
>>
>>46499086
>berserkers run like naruto to go faster
>>
>Making a list that makes sense for my homebrew
>Friend is making the most anti-marine 'Nid list he can
I'm tempted to take flamers to kill all of his shit but I won't.
>>
>>46499193
>makes sense for my homebrew

If they're fighting 'nids primarily, wouldn't they take the weapon for the job :^?
>>
>>46499034
Renegades and Heretics detachment

Purchasable upgrades like giving all of those guys hot-shot lasguns for mass AP3, or that when the unit is wiped out they can be brought back via reserves on a 5+.

Up to 50 of them could be zombies, who can make D3 more zombies if they win a combat.

570 points of an allied detachment gets you 5 squads of 10 with two melta guns and a chimera each, plus a MSU command hq to just hide back and maybe squat on an objective. BS2 though, but you can boost them to BS3 for 10pts per squad.

Plus the option to take some Basilisks/Medusas/Sentinels.

And all the fun conversion options
>>
>>46499233
Well my chapter are super into plasma weapons because I think they look cool and use them whenever possible.

If his list is annoying enough I'll just say they have flame shit instead.
>>
File: DG.png (511KB, 430x615px)
DG.png
511KB, 430x615px
I plan on using my BaC painted Death Guard as stand ins for plague marines. Is this considered an OK move? if they were a different heresy legion i could see it being cheap but I think battle damaged power armor from the legion that would go nurgle works as a decent proxy.
>>
>>46499326
I run my BaC Word Bearers as Word Bearer CSM with no trouble, so I don't see why not.
>>
>>46499264
Sadly you can only give veterans (which are 10ppm) hotshots and you cant combine it with master of the horde.

Just get medusa artillery with breacher shells for 85p for either a 5" template S10 AP2 or 3" S10 AP1 Armourbane
>>
>>46499004
...It's the name of the list.

The scenario rule was merely "Fast attack only"
>>
File: 1373566379505.png (198KB, 387x522px) Image search: [Google]
1373566379505.png
198KB, 387x522px
>>46499326
>>46499359

Heresy marines in full Chaos armour when?
>>
>>46499170

Necrons have universally low initiative, you see. Dunno why, back in 3rd edition and the prototype rules they were allowed to have variable I scores. Heck, there was even an I6 unit.

7th edition Overlords have WS5 and get to RP every wound, which is a pretty good survivablity boost over 5th edition Overlords. Without that? They couldn't compete with duelist HQs and monsters. MSS were awkward, but more or less necessary at the time.

Of course the trade off for decent combat Overlords is that they can't fill their support role anymore, regular Lords are utterly useless and Crypteks have been completely gutted in favour of taking the support HQ role.

Our 7th edition codex is a fucking trainwreck: Overpowered as a whole (One thing I'll give them: The internal balance is solid in that the majority of units have some reason to see tabletop time), formations that make the OP issue worse, the Decurion is outright unjustifiable, and despite all that the HQ secction and C'tan, where all the -personality- of the army should be, are a mess.
>>
What do you guys think of this for a 1,000 point necron list? Is Tachyon arrow worth making room for on my overlord? Or maybe another HQ? I was also looking at shielded Lychguards as a possible option.

1x Overlord - Phase Shifter, Phylactery, Res Orb, Nightmare Shroud, Warscythe
1x Triarch Stalker - TL Heavy Gauss Cannon
5x Immortals - Gauss Blaster
12x Necron Warrior
3x Canoptek Scarabs
3x Canoptek Wraiths - Whip Coils
1x Canoptek Spider - Fab Claw, TL Particle Beamer
1x Doomsday Ark
>>
>>46499326
I don't see why not.

A guy at my LGS has painted 3 or 4 boxes of BaC as Dark Angels for 30k, but we let him say they're Angels of Vengeance for 40k games.
>>
>>46499409
Nobody in my area plays Necrons so I've never bothered to read up on them.

What is so bad about Decurion?
>>
>>46499102
Wait what?

I took a gander at Path to Glory when it came out and it just seemed like a basic campaign and a glorified "Make a custom legion" /tg/ thread in book form
>>
>>46499364
Oh damn, my bad, I thought you could upgrades the platoons to Grenadiers.

Not that I'd ever run it. I'm in it forminimum requiremens to unlock artillery for Iron Warriors

>>46499326
I can only imagine a pedant of the highest order complaining that they don't look bloated enough to justify FnP.

You're playing the right Legion, just with rules for them at a different point in their timeline. Like you can now run Chaplain Cassius at different points in his timeline too.
>>
>>46498358
No they cant. They can move and shoot one gun.
>>
>>46499432
50% chance that every model you kill ignores being killed. Warriors aren't slowed by terrain and can rapidfire their gauss before charging.
>>
>>46499476
And I thought our resident SM player getting a bunch of free drop pods was annoying.
>>
>>46499502
There's a bunch more stuff that I don't know off the top of my head, but yeah, the main benefit is +1 to RP for everything. You can also take Wraiths in it to give RP to the best melee unit in the game, just to be a bigger dickhead.
>>
>>46499502
Eh, he still had to buy the models and they ain't cheap. Who else here is conservative about buying models? Or run lists that are partly due to what models you already have and like?
>>
>>46499538
what do you need in the army to get that formation rule?
>>
>>46499551
Codex is in the mega in the OP, check yourself.
>>
>>46499542
I wish I was.

But
>Every semester my school gives me about 2 grand in excess financial aid
>Always end up spending at least 500 on models
The worst part?

I got into a car accident last month. All 3,000 points worth of Space Marines... destroyed.
>>
>>46499571
Oh man, fuck. So many emotions in this post. First, shame on your for not having discipline and self-restraint! Second, I am glad you are safe. Are your limbs and functions intact? No lasting injuries? And finally: Fuck, that's harsh. Did the car catch fire? Cause I'd imagine even if the car got mulched, the plastic's pretty resilient. but if a fire got to them, RIP.
>>
>>46499571
Unless your car burned to a fiery crisp, how is 3k points worth of shit literally unsalvageable?
>>
>>46494651
People will recommend TTT, but i dont see why. They have a crappy camera and worse camera work. Literally gives me motion sickness with how much they get out of focus while filming. Below film student grade. Also their accents are annoying as well, but that's just my opinion. Honestly you won't find anyone up to miniwargaming's camera work and editing, even if they are mormonically annoying.
>>
>>46499625
While I very rarely watch batReps, Miniwargaming's painting series is comfy as fuck. That fat guy who looks like Pen Jillette has a buttery smooth voice. It's ASMR for fa/tg/uys
>>
>>46499403
Before a new Chaos 40k power armour kit.
>>
>>46496392
This so hard. GW is blind to the effect their policies had on WHFB. I feel confident in saying this because I'm watching it happen to WH40k right now.

By their own reports sales have declined for several years in a row. Less people are buying GW products every year. Couple that with the anecdotal evidence that 40k playerbases are drying up in clubs and stores around the globe - and you see a dangerous situation has developed.
Yet, instead of reacting to these events, GW just continues to double down on the very strategies that have been hurting them for years. It's baffling to see them be so successful, yet so obtuse.

WH40k the game appears to be dying. These same conversations used to be about WHFB 6 or 7 years ago. GW said no way, fan boys had their usual snarky/spergy reactions. And look what happened, WHFB is gone. I'm not saying WH40k will suffer the same fate, but perhaps it will?

You cant sustain this game on a handful of Tau, Eldar, and Space Marine players fielding unpainted formation lists, playing each other for the sole purpose of winning, thats never been a cornerstone of this hobby. Everyone is leaving, and sooner or later the players that remain will join the rest of us and move on.

If you are supporting what GW is doing right now, you are helping to kill WH40k.
>>
Do people really view Ravenwing as a WAAC list?
No allies at 2000pts just but loads of bikes and landspeeders.
A while back I handily beat an FSE and now that Tau player and his little group won't play me because I use a "tournament list".
What does that even mean for Ravenwing? Like I said no allies, no Deathwing, no ObSec, no Psykers and only two Darkshrouds which I need because all I have is bikes.
This includes IG tank spam, the FSE/OSC tau, DE/Eldar and Gladius UM.
My list isn't even bad and as far as I know any of those armies can ruin my cover save.
There are still others I can play with but this group is one of the more regular.
>>
>>46499617
>>46499621
>Pulling onto highway late at night on my way home from a session
>Some maniac speeding down the wrong lane
>Collides with the back of my car (models were in the trunk)
>My car flips (I don't know how, fucking physics I guess)
>When I come to, state police and EMTs are there
When they brought my property from my car, the officer said that everything that was in the trunk was destroyed.

Since then, my hands are really shaky and I walk with a limp. On the "bright" side, the maniac who hit me has to pay (well, his insurance does) for any corrective surgery I may need and my car.
>>
>>46499820
>buy models and support GW
>GW thinks they are doing something right and continue fucking up

>don't buy models and don't support GW
>GW is now dying even faster

It's fucked Jim.
>>
>>46499855
>Do people really view Ravenwing as a WAAC list

Yes, because unless you are Tau, those rerollable and 2+ saves are pretty difficult to overcome. It's not the pinnacle of WAAC, but you're definitely a that guy if you field it vs. anything but the top formations.
>>
>>46499820
I still think it's hilarious that people think Roundtree's going to save us. He's had, what, almost two years now? The last spate of releases have been amongst the worst yet, and the sole positive step we've seen is maybe starting on a FAQ.
>>
>>46499887
Sucks to hear dude, hope it works out.
>>
File: spell_cards.jpg (213KB, 1169x568px) Image search: [Google]
spell_cards.jpg
213KB, 1169x568px
Behold space sorcery!
>>
>>46499981
>Start Collecting! boxes
>BaC and the other board games

You don't think those are a good step?
>>
Can parts of a formation act as parts of a different formation?

IE, can I make a Decurion that is also a reclamation legion?
>>
>>46499892
I think the only hope for WH40k is that sales shrink is so overwhelmingly bad this year - which it will be based on their holiday numbers - that someone finally wakes up and does the right thing.

No other successful game in this arena has rules and balance this bad. No other game abuses rules and balance to drive sales. That's just what absolutely must be corrected. Formations, superheavies, cost of entry, and more should also be addressed. But if they dont make the game playable and fun for people other than 4 or 5 factions' players, this game is going to die. ~16 factions, 10 of which cant compete? Thats not going to last.
>>
What's the ideal support for Rubrics in a 1500?

Is it just obliterators?
>>
>>46500000
WITNESSED!
>>
>>46500039
Can be anything. Could be melee to cover them, could be heavier guns to too. What's your list, theme and goals?
>>
>>46499989
So has the list of what space marine codices get these powers been confirmed yet? Because veil of time will make grey knights one of the top dogs again, even if they do have to ally in a librarian to get it working.
>>
>>46500000
Witnessed.
>>
>>46500000
Sprinkling a little sugar on a steaming pile of shit isnt really going to do much. And considering BaC missed its sales goals by a significant margin, I'd say that customer trust has waned to the point where GW is in serious trouble.

And while AoS may have a few vocal supporters, that debacle alienated so many customers, it wouldve killed pretty much any other company in the industry.
>>
>>46500112
Do you have a source on the BaC claim?

I was under the impression it did rather well, but if I'm wrong I'd appreciate seeing the facts.
>>
>>46499542
Me. I get some new units, but the mindset isn't "Ooh, I want this formation; I need to buy X, Y, Z." It's more like, "What formations can I use with what I have and maybe 1 more purchase?" It's fairly casual, but I plan on finding a FLGS where I can play more justify more purchase after I move to a new city.
>>
>>46499981
>He's had, what, almost two years now?

And I'm pretty sure that at least the first 6 months - first year of that was just stuff they already had in the pipeline that he didn't really have a whole lot of choice in releasing or not without royally fucking up the schedule. I honestly wouldn't even be surprised if his policies have only really been visibly implemented in the last 6 months or so, due to the nature of design and release work.

I have faith that this might just be a positive shift in the company.
>>
>>46499820
>anecdotal evidence that 40k playerbases are drying up in clubs and stores around the globe
Can pretty much confirm the scene here in Malta is fucked up. 40k has died to all but a handful of WAACfags who form the championship team and I hear a huge chunk of WHFB players (the overhwleming majority at all times in this country) got massively butthurt and flat-out quit. AoS has attracted a bit of people but nowhere near enough to be sustainable. I did hear Malifaux is making a slow start though.

This fucking blows cause I got a buncha 40k stuff but I haven't been able to find sustainable games for years.
>>
>>46500155
>Tfw I only play with my friend so I have no idea what the scene is like in Boston
>>
>>46499897
The shop sees the full range of armies and I have at best a 50% win rate. Sure black knights are awesome but my Attack Squadrons and regular bikers crumble.
We also usually stick to Maelstrom missions around here and having no ObSec has lost me a fair share of games.
It is a fast and aggressive army but I don't see it as any worse than what other people around me are playing.
>>
>>46500169
Me too man, I only used to play against a handful of friends but they all quit due to significant others, work or waning interest due to powercreep.
>>
>>46500194
I go to one shop to buy my models but I always play at my friend's house.

I wonder if my city actually even has a scene...
>>
>>46500154
Well, nothing in the last sixh months has shown any real attempt to improve the game, so....
>>
>>46500018
Fuck, I meant Retribution Phalanx, not reclamation legion
>>
File: 45624.jpg (133KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
45624.jpg
133KB, 960x720px
>>46500219
I'm actually going to be forced to mingle with the WAACfags to find one or two players who are reasonable enough to play me casual. This is an average board for them.

Pray for me, my brothers..
>>
>>46500099
SM/BA/DA/SW/GK will all get those powers. So every flavor of Loyalist marines.

Source: WD article.
>>
>>46500392
That's actually fucking disgusting to look at and why I'll never play until my entire force is painted, based, and looks cohesive.
>>
>>46500018
Read the rules. There is no ambiguity here.
>>
File: 1458584686685.jpg (69KB, 306x331px)
1458584686685.jpg
69KB, 306x331px
>>46500392
>2 Wraithknights
>neither painted
>one missing arms
>>
File: 753.jpg (192KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
753.jpg
192KB, 960x720px
>>46500481
>>46500469
Note the Riptides
>CANTWAKEUP
>>
Okay, so I just saw the new leaked formations, and I have to say, they are far from competitive but
>they fit chaos flavor nicely, as they are mostly HQ based.
Yeah it sucks that they are not going to buff a weak army very much
>but chaos is about personal glory, and I love the idea of my dude running around with his dudes killing a bunch of their dudes.
>>
>>46500510
>Gundam proxy
Anon it isnt worth playing there
>>
File: 2016-03-12 15.38.52.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-12 15.38.52.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>46500469
playing with or against a nicely finished army does help, i got most of my models painted (at least basecoats) but haven't bothered with basing so i'm anywhere from 40 to 60% done
>>
>>46500571
I know man! It's too far anyway and I don't drive. But It seems I might have to just to make some contacts. And I might end up having to go there anyway due to a lack of space.
>>
>>46500481

I saw some fucker fielding four in power rangers colours in an 1850 point pickup game with farseer and scatterbikes.

A fifth under the table too.

You think these guys are fictional hyperbole until you actually see them.
>>
>>46500469
I may not be the best painter but I am with you. I don't like to play with grey. At the very least it needs my three colors.
There are 2 or 3 great painters at my shop the rest that do paint are as mediocre as I am. Unfortunately the majority (especially younger kids, which is worse than an adult IMHO) have grey or simply primed models.

There is a tyranid player who primed his tyranids white, then lined them all up and sprayed a red spray paint (rattle can) from too far away then bought three tubs of Agrax earthshade, filled up a dixie cup and dipped everything, including what parts of the hive tyrant could fit in the cup after it was assembled with wings.

It is triggering me just thinking about it and I am shitty Purple/Yellow Ravenwing Anon
>>
>>46500510
Is there even an attempt to get they're shit painted or are they eternal scum? I mean think about it, if you enjoy playing the hobby but not painting you exclusively like the gaming aspect of it. This means you don't care about the hobbyist aspect of it, and even if you don't run netlists, you are no better than a waac fag. At least drop the cash to have it commissioned. Unless you have a disability when it comes to painting then you have no excuse.
>>
>>46500609
Where do you live?
>>
>>46500099
Veil is good. Doubt good enough to break GKs. I'm more curious about the rest of the powers primaris

Veil outmaths Invisibility in raw durability if the attacks don't ignore armour. But Invisibility gives blast / template protect & melee assistance.
>>
>>46500615
I was 12 when I started collecting and playing. I bought paints from walmart, and still attempted to make my army unique and my own. Yes they looked terrible and fucked up, but it's an active hobby. It's an exercise in self improvement and creativity. Competition is just as important as these when it comes to war gaming imo. I'm still proud of that first crappie painted model because I can look back at it and laugh. Imagine if I had left it grey. What's there to remember?
>>
Is there a version of the rules PDF/epub that is just the core rules, with none of the pictures or fluff? The one I have is 800 pages, doesn't have either a chapter/topic list or an index, it's almost impossible to use. Pretty sure it's the same one from the OP.
>>
>>46500638
Said before, Malta. 1 LGS in the entire country and its in cahoots with this club so its co-founded. Of course it is, since the players all buy the latest OP shit for tons of dosh. They and the MtG kids keep them afloat. The only other club is full of really laid back people who do nothing but play boardgames which is cool n all but not my cuppa.

>>46500625
I honestly don't know. There's a few good painters and maybe they didn't have time, but eh. WAACfags are scum to me in general.
>>
We need to bring this back.

>>46490677
>>
>>46500750
If no one else does, I'll make a thread for it later. That's hilarious.
>>
>>46500750
Don't tempt me, Anon. I've gotta do some work today, but I'll try working on that lore later. It's pretty funny
>>
>>46500721
I know what you mean. My first models were atrocious, but I had a fucking blast painting them.

I probably spent 20x as long painting and stripping them as I did actually playing with them, and I don't regret a single moment of it. I would love coming home from school, painting and comparing my recent stuff to my old ones.

I feel bad for all these guys who just spray prime their models. They're missing out on most of the fun
>>
>>46496208
Black Mesa, too.
>>
>>46500871
come back when you have 50 cadians to paint in the exact same scheme and tell me that
>>
>>46500934
I actually play horde guard right now

production line painting can be a pain, but it's satisfying once the job is finished
>>
>>46500934
50 Canadians? Pussy.

Try 100 gaunts
>>
>>46500971
I'm just about to finish my first 50, and it's glorious. Compared to the bigger stuff that I actually spent individual time on, the gaunts look pretty bad, but together, the mob looks fucking awesome and I'm pretty proud of it.
>>
>>46500571
I play Tau and I think gundam proxies are fucking gross.
>>
>>46500934
I'd rather paint a ton of troops than a few vehicles. Too bad guard absolutely needs both. Maybe that's why I don't and probably never will play guard.
>>
>>46500510
>Gundam proxy

KILL HIM REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>46500625
My Tau sit unpainted because they'll never see the board again save for a few times. My fellow players want me to use the jet pack to advance forward and never backwards and only burst cannons , when I tell them if my 150 Crisis Suit Squad will die to tactical Marines assaulting, they say I deserve it.

That's why I lm the stereotypical Tau player.
>>
>>46500615
>There is a tyranid player who primed his tyranids white, then lined them all up and sprayed a red spray paint (rattle can) from too far away then bought three tubs of Agrax earthshade, filled up a dixie cup and dipped everything, including what parts of the hive tyrant could fit in the cup after it was assembled with wings.

Jesus Christ.

That action is not supported by the Hivemind.

With the cost of minis I could never justify rushing through them like that.

As a parent if my kid wanted to get into any expensive and treated what he needed for that hobby poorly I wouldn't support it for him anymore.

I wouldnt expect him to be a painting progidy but double spraying and dunking is the easy way out.
>>
>>46501198
>>46501103
>>46500571
I'll be honest, I don't mind the proxies in so much as i mind the fucking barren board.

These guys seem to think anything more than a small waist-high barricade is "clutter" and ruins the flow of the game (probably what they mean is "you're making it more of a chore to steamroll you, gimme my easy victory reeeeeee"

Boards should be at least 1/3rd covered
>>
>>46500138
GW reported it themselves right after the holiday.
>>
>>46501246
>Fields unpainted Tau army
>Skittish at the possibility of losing a game

Yes anon, you are the stereotypical Tau player. Ensure a win or dont play at all, amirite? Fucking cancerous faggot, you're a disgrace.
>>
>>46500964
you're right ofcourse
guards are my first army and i'm damn proud of my little Cadians
currently thinking of adding a small vostroyan formation in the mix so that'll mix things up a bit
i've also got some aos stuff to break the monotony
>>
>>46501358
No, they just refuse to play me.

I don't use formations or detachments, I use burst Cannons, I only use one Riptide with a HBC, I agreed to a house rule to get cover saves against marker lights.

However I'm not so much of a cuck that I'll suicide my troops just so they can win without trying. So go fuck yourself Marinefag.
>>
File: 1363917230367.jpg (203KB, 700x590px)
1363917230367.jpg
203KB, 700x590px
>>46501426
>get cover saves against marker lights.

With a board that barren I wouldn't have thought it'd matter
>>
>>46501312
where?
>>
>>46500000
WITNESSED!
>>
Alright, spent a few miutes coming up with a list using the new sorcerer formation:

>Cyclopia Cabal (3 sorcs)

>Sorcerer 225
>VotlW, MoT, Sigil of Corruption, Disc of Tzeentch, Spell Familiar, 2 mastery levels
>Crucible of Lies

>Sorcerer 200 x2
>VotlW, MoT, Sigil of Corruption, Disc of Tzeentch, Spell Familiar, 2 mastery levels

>Cyclopia Cabal (3 sorcs)

>Sorcerer 207
>Votlw, Terminator armor, Combi-melta, Spell Familiar, 2 mastery levels
>Last Memory of the Yuranthos 30

>Sorcerer 80 x2
>Votlw, Combi-bolter, Aura of Dark Glory

The general plan was to have the Sorcerer with Crucible of Lies tank shots for the Disk squad, as they get around spamming psychic powers, mostly from Biomancy and Telepathy. They're also set up so they can more easily get in close and survive heavy firepower in order to make use of the formation's special power to turn it back against the enemy.

Then, the Sorcerer in Terminator armor will be rolling all on Pyromancy to have 5 powers, then deep-striking in to sunburst a bunch of enemy troops and just melt everything in sight.

The two other sorcerers on foot are going to hide in cover on objectives, and spend the first couple turns trying to summon some Pink Horrors to use as batteries.

The entire army generates 15 warp charges, but even then I'm worried about the fact I'll only have 6 models until the summoning gets going.
>>
How does this look like just for basics to build from? Not meant to be overly cheesy but not entirely useless either.

HQ:
Company command squad: Vox-caster, 3x plasma guns or 2x plasma guns and medi-pack. 110 pts
In a chimera: Heavy stubber. 70 pts

TROOPS:
Veterans: Vox-caster, 3x meltaguns. 95 pts
In a Taurox: Heavy stubber. 55 pts

Veterans: Vox-caster, 2x flamers, heavy flamer. 85 pts
In a Taurox: Heavy stubber. 55 pts

Leaves me with 30 points before I hit 500. Should I get extra armour for my flimsy transports?
Change special weapons load out?
What's /tg/'s current opinion on doctrines? Personally I always liked demolitions.
I will eventually add sentinels, I have three armoured ones with autocannons already. Do add heavy stubbers to those? Are scout sentinels useful?
Is camo netting as cool as I want it to be? Part of me wants to throw it on almost every vehicle. Sneaky scout sentinels firing autocannons and heavy stubbers from cover sounds fun.
Chimera conversions: Strykers, Bradleys or AAVs? The Taurox will be MRAPs.
>>
>>46501426
>cover save against markerlight
how does that work ?
>>
>>46501482
That wasn't me in the pic, however you bring up a damn good point.

Go look at an Infinity game, does your board have that much Terrain? If not then make it so. There's a myth that Infinity "needs more terrain than warhammer 40k." that's just false, warhammer needs as much terrain but people just don't for whatever reason.

Tyranids and DE wouldn't be half as bad as people say they are if they just used more terrain. That's why I like MWG so much is because they use fuck tons of multi level terrain.
>>
>>46501563
>roll to hit
>enemy takes cover saves
>failures count as tokens
>>
>>46501542
>company command squad in a chimera
you realize you can't bark out orders while you're in there ?

my suggestion : lose 35 points somewhere along your list and get a wyvren
also the wrath of cadia pistol costs 5 points and is fucking amazing for your general so you should definitely take that no matter what else you do it's hilarious when you watch it ruin a terminators day
>>
File: 1458565451218.png (96KB, 382x491px)
1458565451218.png
96KB, 382x491px
>>46500112
>BaC missed its sales goals by a significant margin

>GW is in serious trouble.
>>
>>46501542

HQ:
>Company command squad: Vox-caster, --- 2x plasma guns and medi-pack. 110 pts
Two because you can only fire two out of the hatch, making the third rather pointless.
>In a chimera: Heavy stubber. 70 pts
Weapons on chimera? Recommend: Multilaser + Heavy flamer
Keep in mind you can only move and fire one, without snapshotting, so with the plasguns, the stubber is rather pointless.
>Leaves me with 30 points before I hit 500. <Should I get extra armour for my flimsy transports?
I would cut the stubbers to get a sentinel in. Maybe even the third meltagun. (Similar reasons, you can shoot 2 out of one fire-port. the taurox has one on each side, making 3......

scout sentinels can be useful, mostly in larger games, to have something appear from a side.
For 500 I would not bother with them and take a tougher one

for stuff like camo-netting extra armor, i would put that on expensive vehicles (Leman russ etc) putting 25pts on extras (camo+extra armor) on a 45pt sentinel is rather .... expensive. A very very good and cheap upgrade is the searchlight. Nightfighting is rather common, it allows other vehicles to shoot from the dark as the enemy can only see the illuminated 45pt sentinel
>>
>>46501563

Not very well: It's a heavy-handed reactionary nerf rather than a proper rebalance.

But a proper rebalance would take too much effort, apparently.
>>
>>46501500
Chances are it's the same shitposter who has said for months than GW is "totally dying, this time for REALSIES". Along with AoS has cost them "tens of millions" and other bullshit unsupported claims. Citing "lost profits" (which were £16m in 2015, £16.6m in 2014 and they have no debt and their share price has gone up in the last 18 months iirc) and "business practices which prove they're in a bad situation" (AoS despite WHFB lack of players and an even smaller number of newblood, Getting Started Boxes, the 'dumbed down sign of Age of the Emperor!!!!!!!!!' kid starter boxes (which they have done before) and a couple of other things).

Feel free to use the archives to confirm this for yourself.
>>
>>46501507
Garbage. You don't have enough Warp Charge to cast spells and summon. Drop the second cabal, pick up an allied R&H detachment for some dirt cheap infantry and a Spawn unit to add some ablative wounds to the Disc Sorcerers.
>>
>>46501568
>MWG

fuuuck yes I love their terrain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbpeUJfds90
>>
>>46501638
You absolutely can give orders out of a chimera, it's a mobile command vehicle. Don't give shit advice out, read you codex properly.
>>
>>46501706

AoS is bad business practice, at least: They've clearly had some high up marketing type decide how to "fix" things instead of researching what made sales go down in the first place and consulting actual qualified games designers.
>>
>>46501290
Too true anon. An empty table is another sign of the waac cancer. Pic is from my lgs. The marine player set up that choke point and held it the whole game. The tactical depth is almost non existent on a barren board full of waist high walls
>>
>>46501728
Their new scatter terrain is amazing. Completely unrealistic for us plebs, but amazing.
>>
>>46501638
Yes you can.
>>
>>46501290
At least 1/3 covered for open plains

AT LEAST 80% for city maps.
>>
>>46501542
Here's an idea for that point level: drop one stubber to fit a scout sentinel in the list. Otherwise buy dozer blades, camo nets, or the extra armour. Your loadouts look good

I like the doctrines, though I've never been in a situation where I wished I had them. I prefer to spend the points on buying more units.

Unfortunately you can't take stubbers on sentinels. Scout sentinels are useful for being a distraction or generally being an annoyance against infantry. A unit of three sentinels with basically any heavy weapon upgrade is more lethal than they appear on paper, such as three armored sentinels all with plasma cannons. Having a six hull point unit and front armor 12 is nothing to sniff at.

Camo netting is good, not everyone has access to +1 cover save. It gets really sexy if you deploy your tanks to straddle cover and night fighting happens (2+ cover save ho!)
>>
>>46501290
Furthermore you should feel weird when your opponent doesn't take a cover save.
>>
>>46501706
Thanks for writing, but I am on 4chan long enough to ignore posts that do not provide a credible link for claims like that. With AoS he might be right, otherwise they would not have discontinued that amount of kits. But then, WHFB was not exactly popular either.
>>
Is this good enough to hunt marines, or should I go all Breachers and Crisis in a Combined Arms Detachment?

+++ Tau Honor Guard (500pts) +++

++ Tau Empire: Codex (2015) (Formation Detachment) (500pts) ++

+ Formation (500pts) +

Ethereal Honour Guard (500pts)
Rules: Swift Redeployment

····Ethereal on Hover Drone [Blacksun Filter, Honour Blade, Hover Drone, 2x MV7 Marker Drone, Recon Armour]
Rules: Failure is Not An Option, Independent Character, Invocation of the Elements, Stubborn

····Strike Team [EMP Grenades, 9x Fire Warrior with Pulse Rifle, MV36 Guardian Drone, MV7 Marker Drone]
Rules: Supporting Fire
········DS8 Tactical Support Turret [Missile Pod]
········Fire Warrior Shas'ui [Pulse Carbine]

····XV8 Crisis Battlesuits [Bonding Knife Ritual, 5x MV1 Gun Drone]
Rules: Bonding Knife Ritual, Supporting Fire, Very Bulky

········Crisis Shas'ui [Flamer, Twin-linked Plasma Rifle]
········Crisis Shas'ui [Twin-linked Plasma Rifle, Vectored Retro-Thrusters]
>>
>>46501911
+ Formation (500pts) +

+ Formatting (0pts) +
>>
File: image_1.jpg (293KB, 883x593px)
image_1.jpg
293KB, 883x593px
>>46501911
Nice hit and run on your I2 unit.
>>
>>46501956

>I2 unit

Drones.
>>
>>46500625
What if you:
>love building the models
>love fluff
>love the game but are mediocre at it
>terrible at painting so skip it

This is where I am.
How much do you judge me?

I'm working up to priming my Cultists since I have so many that if I lost some I wouldn't even notice- so they're perfect for paint practice. I like the at least three colors idea and since they're all a wall of crazy meat, they don't need details anyways.
>>
>>46501969
OK hit and run no longer should confer.
>>
>>46501969

Drones don't have a profile, they're just wargear.
>>
File: 051.jpg (38KB, 352x353px)
051.jpg
38KB, 352x353px
>>46500741
I asked about this yesterday and received no reply. I posted twice.

Bump for this since I know I'm not alone in my hopes.
>>
>>46501911
Srsly anon. It's hard enough to get constructive criticism without that horrid format. If someone needs everything spelled out like that, you shouldn't take their advice. And if ur too lazy to clean it up, then you don't deserve the help
>>
Holy shit. Almost a 24 hour 40k thread.
>>
>>46502054
we got out all the shitposting and talking about chaos out of the way

>>46502037
just buy the minidex, it's $25/30 on ebay
>>
>>46502037

>Nasal vore pic

why
>>
>>46502037
the one from the OP is under 500
>>
>>46502031

Don't lie, anon.

MV1 Gun Drone J
et Pack Infantry (Drone)

>WS 2
>BS 2
>S 3
>T 4
>W 1
>I 4
>A 1
>Ld 7
>Save +4
>>
File: tau cqc.jpg (73KB, 736x490px) Image search: [Google]
tau cqc.jpg
73KB, 736x490px
>>46502107
why are drones moving at superhuman speed? melee drones when tg?
>>
File: 1455601472791.png (156KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1455601472791.png
156KB, 1000x1000px
>>46502094
>"anyone have the force awakens torrent?"
>"just buy the Blu-ray, anon. It's only $17"
>>
File: 1445835477303.jpg (99KB, 312x560px) Image search: [Google]
1445835477303.jpg
99KB, 312x560px
>>46502145
>im so poor I cant afford a $17 dvd
>>
>>46502145
look i'm sorry sempai, but having the the mini book around is damn handy
>>
>>46502103
The rulebook is 200ish pages and that's what I'm hoping for.

I downloaded the one from OP's link yesterday and I can confirm it's the full three book set slapped into one pdf at 800ish pages.
>>
>>46502039

Better?

Ethereal Honour Guard (500pts)
····Swift Redeployment

····Ethereal on Hover Drone [Blacksun Filter, Honour Blade, Hover Drone, 2x MV7 Marker Drone, Recon Armour]

Strike Team [EMP Grenades, MV36 Guardian Drone, MV7 Marker Drone]
········DS8 Tactical Support Turret [Missile Pod]
········Shas'ui [Pulse Carbine]
········*9Fire Warrior with Pulse Rifle

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits [Bonding Knife Ritual, 5x MV1 Gun Drone]

········Crisis Shas'ui [Twin-linked Plasma Rifle, Vectored Retro-Thrusters]

Swift Redeployment: At the start of your movement phase, pick one unit from this Formation that is within 12" of its Ethereal. Now choose a single model in the unit you picked to be the lynchpin around which the rest of the unit will reform; remove all other models in the unit from the battlefield (do not remove the DS8 Tactical Support Turret if there is one) and immediately set them up again within 3" of the lynchpin. The unit does not count as moving; it may move normally in the same movement phase.
>>
>>46502160
Nice
>>46502180
I love having the rules on me at all times on my phone.
I'd prefer not to have to lug around my book unless I'm at home or actually playing a game.

Is the concept of the practicality of a pdf lost upon you guys?
>>
>>46502181
Can't you simply use a pdf-tool to cut the non-relevant parts?
>>
>>46502225
No, they want you to do that for them.
>>
>>46501754
>>46501788
hadn't read that rule my bad no reason to be such a dick about it
>>
>>46502207
oh i get that. my phone is either too old or doesn't load fast enough so i can't be bothered to use it mid game
>>
>>46502181
Why not use the Reference Sheets? That's like 95% of all you could ever ask anyway. If you got a phone, you could google the other 5% as it crops up.
>>
>>46502266
Fair enough.
During games, I prefer the book only and don't use electronics.

>>46502275
Memorizing dumb stuff like numbers for general weapons is in the rulebook and not reference guide.
I get bored as fuck during work and like to read chunks of text from the rulebook since remembering this game has been pretty difficult for me.

But I'm just going to do what >>46502225 recommended and snip it since I'm retarded and didn't think about that.
Thanks!
>>
>>46502191

>········DS8 Tactical Support Turret [Missile Pod]
smart missle system, better to have 4 ignore cover shots than 2 S7 imho
>········Shas'ui [Pulse Carbine]
Why? give him a pulse rifle as well. Longer range

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits [Bonding Knife Ritual, 5x MV1 Gun Drone]
You might consider giving one or two that wargear that allows him to shoot at a different unit, otherwise all the shots could be wasted.

Also is there any reason to use that formation instead of a CAD
split the Firewarriors into 2 teams, to get Objective Secured and the ability to fire at two targets. This allows you to split the crisis suits as well, for more board control and less chance of losing something big with a failed Ld Check
>>
>>46501272
'Nid players often do horrific rushjobs. Guy at my store literally just primes white, washes the skin and then paints the carapaces, but all his minis have white showing, carapace colour on the wrong bits, and generally look like absolute shite.

They look so bad next to the manager's lovely 'nid army that he's been doing for years.
>>
So, anyone mind critiquing and suggesting changes to my list? It's meant to be heavily based off the Sept V'iet that was made by /tg/ a while back. so basically if the Tau were Viet-Cong. I have some points left over so please help

Hunter Contingent (1942)

Hunter Cadre (967)

>Commander 135
- Iridium 25
- Onager 5
-Vectored Thrusters 5
-Fusion blaster 15

Fireblade 60

>Breacher Team 92 X2
- EMP nades 10
- Shas'ui 10
- Markerlock 15
- Guardian 12

>Ghostkeel 180
- Twin Fusion blaster 10
-Early Warning Override 5
- Stim Injector 35

>Pathfinder 110 X3
-Extra 11
-3x Rail Rifle 15
-EMP 10

> Broadside 78
- Early Warning Override 5
- Seeker missile 8

Allied Advance Cadre (564)

>Kroot X4 100
- Sniper 10
- Hound 5
-Krootox 25

>Vespid 82 X2
-Strain Leader 10

Ranged Support Cadre (411)

>Pathfinder 59 X3
-Grav-Inhibitor Drone 15

>Broadside 78 X3
- Early Warning Override 5
- Seeker missile 8
>>
>>46501653
>>46501829
>>46501638
Thanks for the advice, I never bothered looking up the numbers at the end of vehicle upgrade names.

Forgot to mention in the first post also. I'll probably try to include a single russ and some point, which ones are worth their points? Probably be looking at something like the Exterminator, Battle tank, Vanquisher or something like that. Maybe give it a dozer blade and camo netting and make a sneaky tank.
>>
>>46502416
I don't understand how anyone can do that to an organic army. I mean armour is one thing, it begs for anal-retentive uniform styles most of the time. things like skin.. alright, can do, has conventions. but nids. Nids are like walking mutations with no real affiliation. Go fucking crazy! Google !bugs and insects" and lift a few paintjobs for example. Mix and match!

One day I want to see a gross photo-realistic glossy brown cockroach-theme nid army. One that actually makes me itch while playing against.
>>
File: Shield Drone.jpg (23KB, 281x349px)
Shield Drone.jpg
23KB, 281x349px
>>46502142

Taser Shield Drones when?
>>
>>46502504
Russ is very dependedant no what you need. If you don't know what you need, consider demolisher or exterminator as they bring the boom
>>
>>46502407

Should I get Fusion in a Crisis suit or is it OK at this level between Plasma and EMP Grenades?
>>
>>46502528
most people want to play and painting takes time with some skill
>>
>>46502677
Yeah but tyranid players surely aren't in any hurry to get their biopussies stretched are they?
>>
Does anyone else want to vent about 40k pdfs?
If they're scans of the physical book, they're perfect.
But if they try to make a "digital edition" it always looks like shit.

The formatting is terrible and more times often than not, a book's page count doubles when in digital form.
>>
>>46502504
They're all good, go main battle tank if you want an all-comer's tank. The exterminator and punisher bring loads of dakka, especially with bolter sponsons. Eradicator is the budget russ for if you're in a points crunch, it can be made into a good all-comer's tank with plasma sponsons. Sadly, vanquishers aren't that great unless you use a psyker to twin-link them or make them bs4 with the formation or making them a tank commander
>>
>>46502757
I agree

pdf is love pdf is life
>>
>>46502625
I would take 2 with fusion and 2 with plasma to be prepared for much. You only loose a bit of range and 2shots if in short range. Keep in mind fusion has S8 so it can insta-kill Toughness 4 things. Which might be very handy
>>
>>46502528
Has a lot of money, wants lots of nids, either doesn't realise or doesn't care that his scheme looks like dick.

He entered a bunch in a store painting competition and I just didn't know how to react.
>>
>>46502743
maybe nid players are masochists?
>>
>>46502789

One last question. Should I take a unit of Breaches instead of Strikers? We will be fighting in a maze-like terrain allied with other Heretic and Xenos vs Marines.
>>
>>46502836
I can't help but watch on in amusement at the sheer balls and/or obliviousness of these people. It always baffles me, like a trainwreck you're expecting to happen but you're so intrigued at the prospect that you do nothing to stop it.
>>
>>46502584
Enemy melee to wound rolls of 1 against unit with taser drones suffers automatic hit with S:3 AP:- concussive and with no cover saves allowed. These hits are allocated to the closest models to the taser drone.
>>
>>46502496
I do remember the viet-cong using large armoured units. Good work matching the fluff there.
>>
>>46502932
Not a fan of them, personally. They are so, situational, but then your mileage may vary
Maybe Vespids instead?
/TG/ says they are shit, but then tg says much
>>
>>46502990
brainfault sorry. Vespid are not troops. does not work
Then yes Breachers could help in short ranged environments. Remember to use Jump shoot jump for the crisis to not get too close and beware of meltaguns.

Good luck and have fun
>>
>>46503027

Thanks for the help.
>>
My local store has a gameday this weekend with the following rules
>1500 points
>special rule: short supply: no upgrades can be taken for any unit or model, anday only swap equipment if doing so is free.

I feel like this will fuck some armies a tad much. Not too knowledgeable about most armies, but it just feels a bit poorly thought through.
>>
>>46503062
Guardsmen and Leman Russ' for days.

Lord characters will suck, I'd recommend using a psyker or a source of FNP (Painboys or the like) if possible, since at ML1/2 they'll still at least have their magics.

Are named HQ's allowed?
>>
>>46502990
>Vespids
I have this odd feeling that even /tg/ would keep calling them bad if they were troops.

Apparently, a jump unit with a S5 AP3 gun is bad. Not sure what kind of meta is normal, but mine sure as hell isnt. These guys are awesome.
>>
File: Swampside.png (216KB, 580x626px) Image search: [Google]
Swampside.png
216KB, 580x626px
>>46502979
:^?

Detachment limitations, friend
>>
>>46503103
>Are named HQ's allowed?
No, but that is a blanket rule there. Holdover from the old Fantasy Battle days when named characters were OP, as far as I know.

Don't shoot the messenger. I think it is dumb as fuck.
>>
>>46503105
Vespids would actually be much better as troops, since then they can use their jump moves to grab objectives.

Vespid aren't really bad though. They're about the same cost as assault marines, but have better basic guns and decent melee capability.
>>
>>46503062
Thats terrible.
My Black Knights need no wargear and I can 16 black knights and two heavy bolter darkshroud with Sammael then add a silence squadron of three fliers.

I would never do it but That Guy can and will with much worse units.
>>
>>46503129
>Tau babycarrier

IT IS HAPPENING
>>
>>46503062
Take AV14. Meltaguns and combimeltas are almost always upgrades (there are exceptions though, fire dragons for example). Without those many people will be limited to single shot high-strength guns (lascannons, railguns) which aren't as efficient.
>>
>>46503145
Oh well then Ravenwing just doesnt get to play if we cant put an Hq on a bike
>>
>>46502142
That look on an Ork player's face when you tell him Drones are a melee race.
Thread posts: 462
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.