[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember to post your decks as Tappedout.net links, not scre

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 56

File: Rakdos the Defiler.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Rakdos the Defiler.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
Remember to post your decks as Tappedout.net links, not screenshots of Tappedout or as walls of text.

Useful Links:
http://www.mtgcommander.net
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.

http://www.tappedout.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.

http://www.edhrec.com/
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.

http://manabasecrafter.com/
>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.

CARD SEARCHING

http://gatherer.com
>Official search site. Current for all sets but has a terrible UI.

http://www.magiccards.info
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.

All in Edition
Who's your favourite all-in Legendary?
>pic related
>>
File: slivermasterace.jpg (15KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
slivermasterace.jpg
15KB, 190x265px
>>46473675
Opinions on my deck.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sliver-zerg-rush-1/
>>
File: 1436309135134.jpg (154KB, 733x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1436309135134.jpg
154KB, 733x1024px
Where are my mono black bros?

Here is my list: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/24-06-15-mono-black-goodies/
>>
>>46474005
I would cut mana vault, lotus petal, Vessel of Endless Rest, Call to the Kindred, dark ritual.
>>
>>46474263
explain.
>>
>>46474123
Goodstuff/10. I would cut dark ritual, profane command, temporal extortion, corrupt,Defiant Bloodlord, Kuro Pitlord
Add expedition map, and praetor's grasp.
Also you either run sanguine bond+exquisite blood or you don't. Don't run only one of them because you'll still get targeted without being able to winrar.

>>46474307
Mana vault only makes colorless, not helping you cast those coloured spells more. If you had more 3cmc colourless spells then I would consider running it for accelerating out coalition relic, manalith etc. Lotus petal is eh in EDH, If your deck is a turn 1 petal entomb reanimate deck then you run petal, otherwise no. Vessel of Endless rest is manalith+text. Manalith isn't great in EDH though. Call to the kindred is way too slow and is an aura, if you want a similar effect there's a green enchant that does that but I wouldn't run either as you should just be shitting out slivers either way; it's win more. dark ritual only makes black mana and suffers the same problem as mana vault. I'd add in more 1drop fixers like birds of paradise, noble hierarch, deathrite shaman (if you can afford). You also look like you have about 3-4 too few lands.
>>
>>46474351
tribal slivers. So I don't want to add other creatures.
>>
>>46474383
Being a tribal deck doesn't mean you can't play non-slivers.
>>
>>46474404
what would you replace those cards with?
>>
>>46473675
Nice going on the title OP
>>
>>46474351

Idk man I actually like the card exquisite blood on its own, draws hate but each threat you have that must be answered is one less answer for another of your threats

Exquisite blood can gain you too much life to lose to non infinite combos (people forget that many combo wins are not infinite, but they are capable of dealing 30-100 damage to the table, for instance, and usually kill but aren't infinite, like a storm combo)

Sanguine bond would be cool in an all out lifegain deck

I actually think it's too bad the combo exists so you can't have fun with them both
>>
>>46474534
Yeah, I feel the same way. I guess it depends on your meta. If it draws a lot of unnecessary hate and gets you killed when you play it it's probably best to remove it from your deck, otherwise run it.
>>46474447
Ty senpai :^)
>>46474431
As I said, more lands. 34 is a number I never go down to, the lowest I go is 36, usually 38. So 2 more lands and some more fixing.
>>
>>46474552
what are some other good 5 color lands that I am missing that aren't slow as shit?
>>
>>46473675
>Who's your favourite all-in Legendary?
Could you give more examples?
>>
>>46475939
Zada, Krenko, some graveyard combo decks, Iname, Death Aspect, primal surge decks, big green
>>
Whats the most interesting commander that has U or R in their colors, is dual or tricolored and plays more with synergy than with goodstuff?
>>
>>46474582
There's not that many of them, maybe Crystal Quarry if you're feeling adventurous. Tarnished Citadel if you feel like getting bolted (nvm just saw you run this one).

Cavern of Souls would be great, albeit expensive.

Grand Coliseum might be too slow.

I see you run Gemstone Mine, but that one's pretty bad in EDH.

Otherwise, looks like you got most 5-color lands.
>>
>>46476201
>>46474582
Oh, and maybe Pillar of the Paruns, but I didn't really check if you run many multiC cards.

Maybe run some fetches, and I think you'll be fine though.
>>
>>46476134
The list I came up with that fit that parameter are:
Sidisi, Brood Tyrant, Marchesa, Zedruu, Zurgo, Kaalia, Alesha, Bruna, Kangee, Grimgrin, UB Sygg, Grenzo, OG Rakdos, Angry Omnath, Wort Raidmother, Vorel, Kraj, Slivers, Tazri, Horde of Notions, Atogatog
OG Rakdos is interesting for sure, but Sidisi is also cool. I've never played against a Bruna deck so I can't speak for that
>>
>>46474005
Not enough mana fixing, you're running some pretty bad slivers. Cut Dark Ritual, Channel the Suns, Call to the Kindred, Two-headed Sliver, Syphon Sliver, Sentinel Sliver, Metallic Sliver, Hunter, Magma, add Sinew, Distant Melody, Green Zenith, Chord, more ramp, maybe some land destruction so you can seal the game early.
>>
Who is paying $20+ for garbage EDH only rares? I'm coming back from a hiatus and a lot of my junk cards are suddenly worth a lot. Is this format turning into pay to win? I used to get decks for $30, now that's almost the price of a seedborn muse. I'm tempted to just sell everything and not bother coming back
>>
>>46476476
As EDH becomes more popular, so do its staples. Supply/demand. Some of it's speculation and buyouts too, like the Oblivion Stone one from last summer

Also Seedborn is the best replacement for Prophet

What rares are we talking here?
>>
File: 92.jpg (145KB, 621x440px) Image search: [Google]
92.jpg
145KB, 621x440px
>>46474123
>Building Iname
>Play on MTGO last night
>Up against Iname
>oh cool never seen this online before
>tutors 7 times in 5 turns
>plops down iname t4
>pic related
>exanguinate

I think im moving on, clearly this deck is pretty solved.
>>
File: 23.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
23.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>46476623
missed a piece
>>
I need the most balls to the walls, crazy as hell, suicidal commander there is. I want to use my life as a resource.
>>
File: 120.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
120.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>46474123
Semi-budget Sidisi deck reporting.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/danse-macabre-4/

This doesn't win all the time, but I have fun playing with it.
>>
>>46476833
You could use Kuro's ability to bring an entire board down to 0 toughness at the expense of a crapload of life
>>
>tappedout
>not deckstats

you had one job
>>
>>46476833

Heartless Hidetsugo
>>
>>46476833
>ad nauseam
>Necropotence
>shocks
>fetches
most competitive decks use life as a resource
>>
File: sigarda.jpg (42KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
sigarda.jpg
42KB, 265x370px
I'm hoping to build a human tribal with pic related. what some staple cards i should run?
>>
>>46476952
+Grafted Exoskeleton.
Best suicide commander.
>>
>>46476266
Wort, Sygg and Grenzo look really interesting, thanks!
>>
>>46477035
Yavimaya Elder
Diligent Farmhand
Avacyn's Pilgrim
Veteran Explorer (maybe)
Champion of the Parish
Thalia's Lieutenant
Increasing Devotion
Skullclamp
>>
>>46477035
>what some staple cards i should run?
islands
Juniper Order Ranger
Knight of the Reliquary
Avacyn's Pilgrim
Azusa, Lost but Seeking
Champion of Lambholt
Dosan the Falling Leaf
Eternal Witness
(Hermit Druid + angel of glory's rise)
Kamahl, Fist of Krosa
Magus of the Library
Master of the Wild Hunt
Shaman of Forgotten Ways
Surrak, the Hunt Caller

blue and black also have a lot of good humans, its a flexible tribe. My human tribal deck was led by Ephara, but im sure you could find a bant or abzan if you really wanted to. Humans in my experience have been better when you slowly fill the board and back them up with control.
>>
>>46476833
I have a Hidetsugu currently for casual punisher and chaos stuff but it kinda sucks since its mono-red, you can however try Building a Selenia deck like i am so you can have better answers and better tutors but it has the same amount of hilarious win cons
>>
>>46477273
Throw in Iwamori if you really want to get crazy
>>
>>46477309
>Iwamori
that card is bad and you should feel bad for even mentioning it.
>>
>>46477441
But he's fun
>>
>>46477597
>5/5 for 4 that gives your opponents a potential eldrazi titan
>fun
tg really is bad at magic
>>
>>46477173
>>46477273
Look at planes without elves, like Innistrad, Kamigawa, and Tarkir for green utility/ramp humans. You can play her as a sort of combination of white weenies and elfball, with ramp humans instead of elves.
Play Craterhoof.
>>
File: 1458339651545.png (208KB, 445x481px) Image search: [Google]
1458339651545.png
208KB, 445x481px
>>46473675
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/05-04-16-karador/

Rate my Karador, what should I cut?

How do I make it more disgusting?
>>
File: Garb.jpg (8KB, 158x200px) Image search: [Google]
Garb.jpg
8KB, 158x200px
>>46478181
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/05-04-16-karador/
>no royal retainer
>>
>>46478253
>royal retainer
u big dumb

oog
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/power-heart-drops/
i'm retarded and need direction
what the fuck am i doing
>>
>>46476951

What does each site offer?
>>
>>46474123
Fellow Sheolbro reporting in. Nothing beats turn 1 smokestack followed by turn 2 crucible of worlds.
>>
File: redgreen.png (205KB, 473x754px) Image search: [Google]
redgreen.png
205KB, 473x754px
Community question:
What deck do you have the hardest time against in general?
>>
File: 5a72419748.jpg (11KB, 190x192px) Image search: [Google]
5a72419748.jpg
11KB, 190x192px
Reposting because last thread 404'd right after.

Doing a big X burn deck with tinyChandra, meant for multiplayer.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/chandra-fire-of-kaladesh-edh-4/

Currently, I'm struggling on what to possibly cut for any blood moon effects (if it's even needed), damage doublers, if I should run more mana rocks/ramp, if Pyromancer's Goggles and/or Swiftfoot Boots is good enough, and if I'm forgetting about any outright better burn/X spells. Any help is neat.
>>
>>46480062
Ever since my playgroup started bitching about Niv-Mizzet combo, I started trying to win without infinites. And now, fast aggro strategies are really, really bad. Like, I'm up against Krenko, Marath, and Ezuri. There's only so many times I can reccur cyclonic rift.
>>
New player here, my gf recently got me into magic and edh, but every time we play 1v1 she absolutely destroys me. I have the meren deck and she has a nahiri deck that she modified; how can I make my deck better, or what would be a good commander to beat nahiri?
>>
I currently have:
Mayael Usual Timmy Stuff
Rith token horde
Kresh typical but with tokens
Borborygmos Enraged land chucker
Merieke steal yo girl
And Rakdos LoR eldrazi party

What should I build next? I have a real panache for Gruul, but here's my list of potentials:

Darigaaz "I hate Blue and Drawing too"
Gahiji Group Slug
Yasova Steal N Sac (maybe not this one - used to have it but disassembled because babies can't handle someone taking their stuff, even until EoT)
Sigarda Voltron (because I want a deck that does it)
>>
>>46480632
Pick up pic related along with the Green/Black Innistrad intro pack that comes out this week, experiment with Delirium. You can still use either Meren or Gitgud as your Commander, but embrace the discard mechanics SOI is bringing to the fold.
>>
>>46476397
Cut magma? are you retarded? did you read it? Metallic is a staple in sliver decks.
>>
>>46476476

You can still make $30 edh decks they just probably won't be amazing

Which is of course nothing different from before

Seed born muse was already too expensive for most people's tastes when prophet was legal ($12) and has never been a budget card, so I'm not really seeing how it's price jump is indicative of anything you should be worried about as a budget player
>>
>>46480632
Green has many ways of dealing with artifacts, run cards like wave of vitriol and bane of progress. Naturalize type cards are what you are looking for.
>>
>>46481105

Yeah the meren precon deck is okay out of the box but it's not stuffed with the green edh staples that make the nahiri matchup greatly in favor of the black green deck

Krosan grip
Bane of progress
Beast within
Unravel the aether

Besides that you might want some black board wipes for the tokens and stuff, plus the fact that you'll recover faster being a graveyard deck

Toxic deluge
Pernicious deed
>>
>>46476833
Hidetsugu. Shauku. Kothophed. Maralen.
>>
File: I_m_a_fucking_faggot.gif (439KB, 400x292px) Image search: [Google]
I_m_a_fucking_faggot.gif
439KB, 400x292px
Chandra fag who suggested Dual Casting here

You absolutely should have damage doubling in your deck. Furnace and Dictate bare minimum with everything else added as needed like Curse. Here's an example:

Swing Chandra, flash dictate, Untap, deal 4, tap Chandra for 2, flip, +1, 4 damage. That's 10 damage, which isn't nothing.

I used Furnace, Dictate, Embermaw, Pyromasters Gauntlet, and I think one or two more +damage I was testing. They add up, but you need to find a balance. However, I once had Furnace and Gauntlet out at the same time, and it was fun doing 6 when I used her +1.

As for mana rocks, it really depends on your curve. Mine topped out around 5 or 6 with a few exceptions. Your average is 3.6, which is skewed because of the 10 x spells. My baseline for all decks is 37 lands, 7 ramp/rocks and then tweak it from there. I don't tend to run 3+cmc rocks anymore because the 2cmc ones do everything I need, especially for mono. Mind stone, Felwar, Sol Ring, Wayfarer, Cold-Steel Heart because I use snow lands, ect. I make an exception for Solemn because he's a creature, ramp spell, cantrip, and easily recurred as an artifact.

As for Goggles, I used it, but counted it in the fork category, not ramp.

On the topic of snow, consider the switch to Snowcovered Mountains of for nothing else but Skred. It's an amazing kill spell. Side effects include Scrying Sheets and not giving most opponents a boost with Extraplanar Lens. Mouth of Ronom is not super terrible either.

I stopped using Bloodmoon effects because they didn't do enough most of the time and out tons of hate my way. Every group is different though

If you want my experiences with red removal/burn, that's going to need another post. I've been playing mono red for roughly six years now in a fairly competitive group.
>>
Fuck

>>46481684 was meant for >>46480149
>>
>>46480191
Do you run red damage based boardwipes? Shit like Mizzium Mortars and Magmaquake can be good in token-infested metas.
>>
For the guy who mentioned trying Jeleva last thread: Go for it. I built mine with spare stuff and some funny spells like Telemin Performance and it held up against a Narset deck. Nothing better than stealing his Omniscience with Stolen Goods of Thieves' Auction
>>
>>46481779
Chandra's Ignition is gud too if you get a fatty out there
>>
Thinking of making a boros deck, and I think I have the commander down to Brion Stoutarm or Jor-Kadeen (Tokens, not voltron). Which works better?
>>
>>46480632
Glissa sunseeker
>>
>>46480632
Look up guilded by nature
Its a precon deck should be easy for you
>>
>>46482035
Brion is more cool and unique; I think that qualifies as better.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/grenzo-commander-4/

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/21-03-16-alesha-edh/

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/28-03-16-tZN-olivia-voldaren-edh/

Any tips for these? I'm mainly looking for a win-con because while they all have their gimmicks I don't really have any big bang for the end of the game.
>>
>>46482681
When the enchantment half is removed, it doesn't return.
>>
>>46482681
I deleted this because I'm an idiot, don't worry about it
>>
>>46473675

Would it be weird if I built a mono colored deck with a multicolor commander?
>>
>>46482870
Yes. Some commanders might pull it off (I can't think of any, but I don't have a brain uplink to Gatherer) but generally if you have the mana to resolve your commander you ought to pull in a toolbox from the 'lesser' color at least.
>>
>>46482870
I've seen a guy posting a mono-black Oloro deck in these threads every so often, it looked pretty strong.
>>
>>46482870
Why would you want to?
>>
>>46477658
Some people like to laugh with their friends... not every kind of fun has to be your fun
>>
>>46482870
Depends on the commander
Saplong of Colfenor would be pretty viable in mono-green.
Sygg, River Cutthroat, would not be viable as a single color deck.

Unless you're going for control red or a deck with cards that synergize with the word "red", you probably want to splash at the very least 8 or so lands of whatever other color the commander is, and find some cards that you just can't not put in.
>>
>>46481684
Thanks fellow Chandrafag

Molten Primordial, Chandra Pyromaster, Ruination, and Demonfire are what I took out for the Furnace, Dictate, Embermaw, and Goggles. I figured Ruination doesn't accomplish much for me and draws hate, Pyromaster is a worse Outpost siege that is too easy to get rid of, Demonfire because it's no big deal since I run so many burn X spells that losing one makes no difference, and Molten was just filler.

As much as I would like Snowlands, they are 2-3 fucking dollars a piece, and I'm not ready to spend 50-75 dollars on mountains

I also thought about replacing Devil's play and Banefire with Fireball and Rolling Thunder, the flexibility of the damage split being worth the extra mana, but flashback and uncounterability seems too valuable.
>>
>>46483293

If you don't already have it I suggest comet storm, in edh I think it's better than fireball or rolling thunder because you can do more damage with it usually
>>
>>46483293

I would reconsider Pyromaster. The 0 is generally worth it because red needs card advantage.

Snow lands have jumped a bit, which sucks. I but sometimes you can get lucky and buy bulk.

The X spells are nice, but unless you're drowning in mana, you're largely better off with something like Beacon of Destruction, Volcanic Offering, Burn Away, ect.
>>
File: femme_fatale-miz_KO6n3w6.png (214KB, 241x347px) Image search: [Google]
femme_fatale-miz_KO6n3w6.png
214KB, 241x347px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mizzix-found-her-toys/

any improvements?
also not going to put extra turn effects
>>
>>46483016
Oona works well with monoblack mana generation.
>>
>>46482870
You can easily do a mono-Black Oona deck, sometimes mono-Blue.
>>
Any fellow Brago players here? What are your "must have" cards to go with? I want to build around him but I'm not sure what.

maybe you could drop a decklist?
>>
I was playing Edh during lunch break at work, and swung a Sphinx Ambassador and triggered its ability to steal a creature.

A spectator pointed out there's nothing in the card or errata that the defending player can't look on the library to get a better guess on which card was taken before guessing which it is. Is that legal?
>>
>>46484569
they cant look at their own library unless a card specifies them to search their library for something
>>
>>46484569
You can never just look through your library, unless a card says that you can. No where in the text of Sphinx Ambassador does it say the opponent may look through their library. So no it's not legal.
>>
>>46484569
I don't know, do you think you can just pick up your library at any other point during the game and just have a look at it?
>>
>>46484427
no decklist because screw tappedout, but secret (or not-so-secret) tech:

Flight of Fancy
Mulldrifter
Well of Ideas
Oblivion Ring and Friends
Whispersilk Cloak

Super-Secret Tech
Wormfang Manta to turn Torpor Orb inside out and/or combo with Stifle on a stick.
>>
Hey all, I'm building a Jeleva deck who's premise is to only steal or copy my opponent's things, with a slight wizard and morph creature subtheme. I started building the deck full of clone and copy effects, but while expanding outwards I ran into a problem of having WAY too many potential cards. The current deck (excluding basics) is here, and I need to cut ~50 cards. Any suggestions for where to start?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ms-steal-yo-deck/
>>
>>46481811
I think you might have been talking about me >>46485296
>>
>>46485296
cut the bad shit and the random subthemes
keep the good shit or like w/e you find fun i dont know
>>
>>46485296
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ms-steal-yo-deck/
You have way too many creatures, so start there.
>>
>>46485296
>>46485296
Focus on cutting creatures. They don't have as great synergy with your general. In a deck like this I'd probably work on a creature count as low as 13 and no more than 20. Get rid of Alladin and Prince of Thralls for sure.
>>
Anybody want to critque my Brimaz voltron deck? http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/lion-king-4/
>>
>>46485296
holy shit 51 FUCKING creatures

if you still want sevala for as your leader, fucking cut:
alladin
apprentice wizard
aura thief
cemetary puca
chrome shell crab
dark imposter
deranged assistant
djinn of infinite deceits
dominous of fealty
silumgar
dragon's eye servant
empress galina
geth maybe?
grixis illusionist
havengul lich
you have jelava twice
lazav
minclaw shaman
molten primordial
nezumi graverobber
phyrexian infilitrator
prince of thralls
puppeteer clique
realmwright
riptide entrancer
sepulchral primordial
serendib sorc
silentblade oni
sphinx ambassador
stony brook banneret
thada adel
viscera seer
zealous conscripts

and thats just creatures. PRO TIP when your leaders ability reads
>Whenever Jeleva attacks, you may cast an instant or sorcery card exiled with it without paying its mana cost.
>instant and sorcery
and you have 51 creatures in the deck? your doing it horribly wrong. to be fair i just noticed you dont have lands in yet so ill cut you some slack there.

but if you want a general that will steal your opponents stuff either go with:
nin, the pain artist
zedruu, the great hearted
riku of two reflections could be sweet
nekusar or marchesa might be sweet as well
you could try rubinia soulsinger or merieke ri berit but they are both missing red

Anything will blue or red could work out well seeing how they are the main colors for taking your opponents shit. but holy shit dont give us a heart attack like that again.
>>
>>46484427 http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wu-brago-king-eternal/

Here's mine. Spirit tribal, tokens, etb flicker. The new Innistrad will add Eerie Interlude and Rattlechains.
>>
>>46486531
>but if you want a general that will steal your opponents stuff either go with:
No mention of Yasova Dragonclaw? For shame.
>>
>>46473675
Want to play Bant, trying to decide whether I want to go Jenara Voltron or Rubinia (heavy on ETB and flickering for creatures I've stolen). My other deck is Akroma, Angel of Fury Voltron (double strike and extra combat).

Thoughts?
>>
>>46487320
COMPLETELY forgot about him, he would probably be the best one for a "stealing your opponents stuff" type of deck
>>
>>46487500
It's a she
>>
>>46487526
>pronouns
>>
>>46487418
Go for Roon for the emphasis on ETB effects.
>>
>>46487690
I'll be honest, I never really liked Roon. If I wanted to play a general that JUST did flickering I'd probably drop green and play Brago, though Brago will be in my 99 if I end up building Rubinia anyway.
>>
File: Bojuka Bog.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Bojuka Bog.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
If you run a deck with black and don't run pic related please explain yourself
>>
>>46488639
i have morals?
>>
File: 1340766445750.png (152KB, 438x420px) Image search: [Google]
1340766445750.png
152KB, 438x420px
>>46488958
>gy hate is immoral
>>
File: xinruzhishui_by_yubigd-d8m4xu5.jpg (450KB, 900x534px) Image search: [Google]
xinruzhishui_by_yubigd-d8m4xu5.jpg
450KB, 900x534px
>>46473675
The Unfun:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/transcendent-perfection/
The Beats:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/favor-of-the-heavens/
The Tokens:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/primordial-sovereign/
The Goodstuff:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/summon-monster-i-viii/
>>
>>46489331
I read this as "sum fuck"
>>
So my Sharuum Combo Engine was too stronk for my kitchen table group and I had dismantled it into a Phenax Deck. However I have tons of U/W and W staples I am not using. Also got dragged to a prerelease and got the new U/W dual.

Was thinking about making a Gwafa deck. We usually play 3-4 player games. After I went crazy we kind of frown on infinite combos. Animar, UG Sydisi, Jhoira and the new Daxos.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/17-04-15-gwafa-hazid-profiteer/
>>
>>46481026
Shouldn't be a problem since your slivers shouldn't be getting blocked anyway. And how many slivers do you think you're going to have on the board before the opponent wipes all of them?

Metallic sucks, there are many slivers for a 1 CMC that do something
>>
>>46489574
Build Gwafa the way I did, greek debt tribal
Illusory gains, bribery, conjured currency, land tax etc..
>>
>>46480062

My co-worker's new Kraj deck. Basically can shut down all spells with mystic snake and glen elendra archmage, steal stuff, blink stuff, regenerate stuff, etc. It's only failed when he's had bad land draw, but he can start ramping like mad once he gets to 3 mana.

I'm building a Gruul deck in hopes of putting a stop to it. Lots of uncounterable and guttural response type stuff with big aggro creatures. I just have to outramp him.
>>
File: 1390580419198.gif (1MB, 245x127px) Image search: [Google]
1390580419198.gif
1MB, 245x127px
>>46489366
Thanks, anon. My meta is able to deal with Narset silliness.
>>
File: 1450927298021.png (236KB, 437x294px) Image search: [Google]
1450927298021.png
236KB, 437x294px
At the prerelease, Tireless Tracker really really was a crazy awesome card for me. I've been working on a doubling season deck for a while now and I'm thinking of incorporating investigate into it.

What are some janky ways to abuse massive amounts of artifact tokens aside from their intended card draw?
>>
>>46474005
slivers are pretty gay,anything with a question mark is a maybe, but you could cut:
Amoeboid changeling
darkheartsliver?
dormant sliver
screeching sliver
dark ritual
worldy tutor?
call to the kindred
unnatural selection
channel the suns?
>>
>>46489743
krark klan ironworks
>>
>>46488958
You're bad at this format.
>>
File: cheatyface.jpg (29KB, 324x450px) Image search: [Google]
cheatyface.jpg
29KB, 324x450px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/04-04-16-JEh-standard-vampire/

I've been looking at making this into a decent mtg deck for standard, but casual play with friends too
>>
>>46489877
>dormant sliver
Dormant is insane. I'm not a sliver player but frankly if you can't pull a psychotic cantrip-chain turn to put a goodly portion of your library on the field, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>46489743
Never understood this meme. What does Mami Tomoe have to do with smug tutor guy?
>>
>>46486531
I run Olivia, and she also works as a steal your shit general that can run a high creature count (though I tend to just make her huge and swing face).
>>
>>46490280
You should probably go ask in the Standard thread
>>
File: 1320503952942.jpg (13KB, 441x408px) Image search: [Google]
1320503952942.jpg
13KB, 441x408px
>EDH night was last night
>Kazuul continues to penetrate blue buttholes across the store

Watching them struggle between trying to control the game like they normally do or take damage and losing lands while trying play control spells is glorious
>>
>>46491172
what that ogre guy? seems bade
>>
>>46491172
>EDH night is every night because we play at my friend's house
>had a single 5 hour game that ended with 2 people decking out decking out and the remaining person dying to a vanilla 2/2
>4 way all morphs is truly the best format
>>
>>46491320
Forgot to mention this was last night, and I decked out after searching my entire deck for every single land in it with trail of mystery, then having my 64/64 (at its height) bird get chump blocked for 12 turns straight and i drank half a handle of vodka
>living the glorious college lifestyle
>>
>>46491299
>he's never played Big Red control

Summon the Ogre army, anon. Join me.
>>
>>46491360
Wish I had drinking/EDH buddies, the guys I play EDH with are all shmucks when they are drunk afaik.
>>
>>46491452
It really is the best, even our LGS lets us drink in the shop because they know we'd come in a lot less.

It's become a common occurrence for me to stand at the counter with a mug of wine talking to the owner at like 4pm on a monday
>>
>>46491481
My local shop also sells beer, but I just can't picture drinking with my current EDH group. I need to get a fourth person on my group of friends who know MtG and then set up a drinking EDH night at my house.
>>
>>46491481
>our LGS lets us drink in the shop
Where is this magical place

>>46491513
My current group has some really strange deckbuilding restrictions that I can't stand

I want to join you, do you live in MA by chance
>>
>>46491538
I'm not even in the States, actually
>>
>>46491388
>red control
i dont know what this means but to be honest i don't even understand how blue "control" is supposed to even make sense in multiplayer games either
>>
>>46491538
In upstate NY one of the major cities, I don't want to go further because i'm easily identifiable, sadly I'll be moving away at the end of May : (
>>
>>46491481
Man, I used to have an LGS in walking distance that let people BYOB at night (there were kiddos there for Pokemon and stuff during the day, so no booze then). But in this neighborhood most of their business was college students, and it got too hard to stay in the black during summer months, so they shut down. Really put a dent in my Magic playing.
>>
>>46491641
Yeah my store is nothing like that, we can bring w.e and play with a bunch of kids all the times, like 10-14. We even act as teachers to them, despite being drunk. Where i'm moving I won't have a play-group and will have to drive 20 mins for the nearest LGS, hopefully I find some people who play in the town its a town of 1800 : (
>>
I believe that the card "Craterhoof Behemoth" should be placed onto the ban list.
>>
>>46491569
>/tg/ will know your identity based on a game store in what you just admitted is a major city, and that you play Magic

Wew.
>>
>>46491789
If someone who goes to that store surfs /tg/ which I don't doubt, and I named the city they'd know I'm one of 4 people in a second. There's like 3-4 LGSs in the city and the rest are uptight as fuck. Just me playing morphs probably means they know who I am
>>
File: memepussy.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
memepussy.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>46491746
I disagree.
>>
>>46477035
descendent's path, if only for the flavor
>>
File: craterhoofshome.png (382KB, 875x900px) Image search: [Google]
craterhoofshome.png
382KB, 875x900px
>>46491862
>>46491746
> These Memes
>>
File: WrathofDog.jpg (57KB, 390x511px) Image search: [Google]
WrathofDog.jpg
57KB, 390x511px
>>46491746
>>46491862
Well memed.
>>
>>46489681
Metallic is colorless which is great.
>>
>>46491553

Red control is pretty fun.

I played Burn control with best commander.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ashling-burn-control/

I haven't updated it in awhile because I've been playing other monored, but I think it's time.
>>
>>46490280
Look for the standard thread, but I'll help while I'm at it.
4 Falkenrath gorger
4 Heir of Falkenrath
are a must, I would also cut down to 2 Elusive tormentor as it's a slow card and having multiple won't allow you to effectively use them due to mana constraints
I'd cut down on enchantments as well and add 1-2 of the new olivia if you can. Then find some burn and removal and you're good to go
>>
File: kalitastraitorofghet.jpg (42KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
kalitastraitorofghet.jpg
42KB, 265x370px
Hey guys, so lately I've been really interested in building a deck for Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet and have thus put together a list. I'm aiming for a stax/control build with a bit of voltron in there as well. I'm new to mono black though so any suggestions and feedback would be great!

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dead-mans-party-2/
>>
File: glissa_general.jpg (36KB, 600x438px) Image search: [Google]
glissa_general.jpg
36KB, 600x438px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/glissa-the-traitor-eggs-combo/

Thoughts on my deck? I really enjoy playing it but I haven't really looked into new cards for it lately. I know I need like Demonic Tutor just haven't gotten around to it yet.
>>
File: puma.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
puma.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>46493415
This.
>>
Most abusable Brion Stoutarm cards? Already got Serra Avatar, Phyrexian Processor, and Phyrexian Devourer.
>>
>>46488639
I can't afford to play lands that enter tapped that don't fix my colors/ramp
>>
>>46494563
Grafted Exoskeleton
>>
File: 20.png (2MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
20.png
2MB, 640x1136px
>MFW giving nekusar infect
>>
File: Image-29.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image-29.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
Are there any other nice combos to go with him besides gravecrawler + phyrexian altar? Or nice combos in grixis in general?
>>
>>46494884
kiki jiki + zealous conscripts
>>
>>46494884
Living Lore + Cruel Ultimatum is pretty cool.
>>
Trying to build a discard, straight damage through card effects like exq blood/san bond with malaena any ideas besides the obvious stuff on edhrec?
>>
>>46493560
I would add forbidden orchard since you're already running mindslaver. This lets you lock out any troublesome opponent. I'd also run Plague Boiler and Coercive Portal since you can get them back along with most of your graveyard with Glissa out.

Personally, I run a few infinite combos paired with Primal Surge to flip over my deck. Such infinites include Krak-clan Ironworks with flayer husk and summoning station for infinite mana and death triggers letting my disciple of the vault ping each opponent to death. You can also win using disciple or altar of the brood with nim deathmantle, wurmcoil/grave titan, and ashnods/krak-clan(if you're using the engine). I also run mike and trike in case my opponents try to interrupt my shenanigans.
>>
>>46493415
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dead-mans-party-2/
>no bloodghast
He's perfect for stax and sac related decks, and even has a relevant tribal synergy. Do it now.
>>
>>46495680
Seems cool, do you have a list?
>>
>>46495978
>He's perfect
No one is more perfect than my boy Reanimating Skeleton. Bloodghast relies on a land entering the battlefield, which you can't always guarantee.
>>
>>46496270
Reassembling Skeleton*
My bad, it's 2am and I'm tired.
>>
>>46496270
Still useful to have as a secondary. It does the nasty nearly as often as skellington in a deck with fecundity and friends, or just the general goodness of black draw.
>>
>>46494563
Scuttling Doom Engine is a star in my stoutarm deck.
>>
>>46496270
You run both. Anytime you can have redundancy on an important effect in EDH, you do it. On a similar note, whenever someone asks for functionally reprints of dual lands or other similarly expensive cards, I wonder if they're retarded. You would just have two desired cards instead of one.
>>
>>46482035

Put 'em both in. With the number of rocks you'll need, metal craft will go off easy, giving you bonuses to the squishies that Brion is gonna be throwing.

Also- Midnight Guard + Elemental Mastery + Ashnod's Altar + Sword of the Paruns.
>>
>>46487418

I just got Roon and already love him. So much utility.
>>
Rules question, if I may: I was playing magic with my minotaur deck and had Mogis: God of slaughter in play. My opponent had a card in play that let him put an eldrazi scion into play at the beginning of his upkeep.

What happened: He avoided the 2 damage Mogis inlicts (at the beginning of the opponents upkeep unless he sacrifises a creature) by summoning his scion, sacrifising it and still claim its mana.

I questioned this but he/and the group rationalized that it was a legal move.

What do you guys say about this situation ? I find it strange that 1: 2 effects happen simultaniously yet he has time to perform an action with one of the effects to counter the other. 2: He sacrifises a creature to claim 2 effects(counter act mogis and claim mana)
>>
>>46497764

Since he's not sacrificing the Scion to Mogis' ability he would have to lose 2 life. Much like if Grave Pact triggered and he sacrificed the Scion for mana, he would still have to sacrifice a creature to meet Grave Pact's requirements.
>>
>>46497764
He messed up. Mogis demands that a creature be sacrificed *to him* during upkeep. You can't sacrifice something that is already being sacrificed.
He has to choose between:
*sacrificing the scion to Mogis
*sacrificing the scion for mana (not satisfying Mogis' trigger) and then sacrificing another creature to Mogis, or
*take 2 damage.

Mogis' trigger goes on the stack, and in response he sacrifices the Scion. The Scion's ability resolves first because it's on top of the stack. Then Mogis' ability triggers, requiring a sacrifice or damage.
>>
>>46497903
>>46497865
Thanks guys. I felt there was something off, but beeing sort of the "new blood" in the group does'nt give me a whole lot of arguing power.
>>
>>46494776
>i can't afford to slow myself down for a single turn to completely fuck over one of my opponents

k
>>
>>46497952
Sacrifice and death/graveyard triggers are especially confusing until you have a good understanding of the stack. The more you play the more sense it'll make.
>>
>>46497952

I'm not an expert, but I think the rule of thumb is you can sacrifice a permanent in response to just about anything but a sac trigger.
>>
>>46488639
>taplands
no

why would you want to play this over Tormod's Crypt, Nihil or Relic? sure a land can't be countered - but prefering a method that can't be used at instant speed is just a new level of being bad
>>
>>46498446
This. Running a little grave hate is prudent, but anything you can use when you choose rather than when you need another mana on the board is going to go a lot farther towards stopping degenerate shit. Bog won't save you if they combo off in one turn, crypt can. Not that Bog isn't good. IF I'm not running too many CIPT lands in a black deck, especially mono black, I'll run it, but it's far from an auto include.
>>
File: 1404641784504.jpg (39KB, 427x425px) Image search: [Google]
1404641784504.jpg
39KB, 427x425px
>>46494878

>mfw I tried Nekusar and it sucks tremendously because everyone can see what you are planning and his strategy is so obvious that the table just focuses on bumrushing you first.
>>
File: Bribery.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Bribery.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
It's turn 2, your opponent casts this targeting you. What are they getting?
>>
>>46499313
Kokusho, probably. Only card that's in my Ghave deck that is decent without being a part of an engine.
>>
>>46499313
Hellkite Igniter

I have like 4 creatures in my deck
>>
>>46498446
The idea is that the cost of running Bog is very low. It comes into play tapped, sure, but other than that it's still a functional land. That can bring a lot of hate to the table. It may not be instant speed but that doesn't mean it can't seriously hinder your opponents' game plan. Not every play from the graveyard is going to be entomb+reanimate in the same turn, sometimes Karadors or Merens or Darettis are just filling up their graveyard over time for value and a Bojuka Bog on turn 4 completely resets that.
>>
File: sun titan.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
sun titan.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>46499313
>That can't be the only decent fatty you have.
>Where's your Avacyn or Elesh Norn?
>Am I being trolled right now? What kind of shit deck doesn't run 8+ mana fatties for me to steal on turn 2?
>>
So EDH is the best way to start MtG, right?

I'm just struggling to pick which colour to make. Dual colour decks are a bad idea starting out, right?
>>
>>46499313
Erebos
>The only other "creature" in my Mogis Enchantress/stax deck
>>
>>46499437
>So EDH is the best way to start MtG, right?
Nope

Do some drafts and play 60-card kitchen table with friends to start learning. EDH has some ridiculous interactions and weird shit that would overwhelm a new player
>>
>>46499437
The best way to start is to play Duel Decks with a friend.
>>
>>46492276
Run Mutavault, it's free to play, becomes a 2/2 and dodges sorcery speed removal.
>>
>>46497764
If you Murder his token, he can sac it in response. But when Mogis' trigger resolves, a creature will have to be sacrificed to that trigger. The trigger isn't countered or disappears because "a creature has been sacrificed".
>>
>>46499437
Best way to learn is by playing casually. Duel Decks, intro packs, etcetera.

EDH is probably the best way of learning about a fuckton of different cards which you won't ever see in a 60-card game and will be completely useless outside of your very specific commander or strategy, but literally perfect within it.
>>
>>46499437
Anything you can do cheaply is the best way to start Magic. So if you have friends willing to invest in Commander precons (30$/deck), yeah, it can be pretty cool. Otherwise, you're better off with duel decks (10$/deck).

Commander precons do give you a lot of powerful cards to start building casual 60-cards decks with.
>>
>>46499671
>Anything you can do cheaply is the best way to start Magic

Agreed, though I will say that if you can start EDH cheaply, it's got a relatively broad band of "viable" compared to 60-card at the same level on the casual-to-competitive spectrum
>>
My brother wants to get into EDH now that he's been playing for a little while. He wants his first deck to be ur-dragon.
However he is frequently broke and wont be able to brew a top tier version of the deck. So I suggested he make it dragon tribal/ramp.

What is a good way to build a poor-as-fuck mana base? I was thinking of 30 basics and the ten tri-taplands, plus some manarocks. Any other suggestions for poor man's ur-dragon?
>>
File: really nigga.jpg (9KB, 261x221px) Image search: [Google]
really nigga.jpg
9KB, 261x221px
>>46499272
>I am going to kill you guys by making myself a giant target and forcing you to dig through your decks for answers
You knew exactly what you were doing.
>>
>>46499313
It depends. IF they want something for themselves, they take Worldbreaker. If they want to take something from me they grab Azusa. If they want a little of both, I guess they pull Titania.
>>
>>46499795
I'm pretty sure World Breaker doesn't do much if you bribery it as it's an "on cast" trigger. Unless you have no other big guys in the deck and they just want a 5/7 reach.
>>
>>46499769
Poor man's ur-dragon runs dragon goodstuff with some cards to reshuffle GY or selectively put things back (like reito lantern) rather than full on combo. Musts IMO are Nicol Bolas, Balefire Dragon, and Siege Dragon
>>
File: 89.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
89.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>46499769
Make it mainly green, splashing the other colors. Green has the most fixing, because it's the color of ramp and lands.
>>
>>46499863
It is literally my beefiest non-commander creature.
>>
>>46499769
Any chance of convincing him to go with a tri-color deck with green? It would be easier to deal with and he can always switch it to Ur-Dragon later after acquiring more cards.
>>
>>46499313

Well, probably a Runescarred Demons he's about to sacrifice and put into my hand.

>>46499382

People stopped targeting me with Bribary a long time ago for exactly that reason.
>>
>>46499756
The nice part is that a precon EDH deck can sit at a table with somewhat experienced (but not cutthroat) players and still have good games. I've seen terrible decks win games against much better ones. I've seen Derevis lose to a casual's very first draft of a budget Omnath. EDH is a dumb format sometimes, and multiplayer can make anything happen.
>>
>>46499769
Have him switch to Zirilan if he wants dragons
>>
>>46499313
Probablly Woodfall Primus in my BG deck, Master of Cruelties in my BR deck, and either Bogardan Hellkite or Melek in my Temur deck.
>>
>>46499313
Depends on my deck:

Karlov: Ashen Rider (this would be unfortunate)
Jenara: Nothing, the deck runs no creatures
Karn: GG boys (Blightsteel Colossus)
Radha: Too many choices to list
Kozilek: Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
Gisa: Black Mike? Not much else, unless he's playing Zombie Tribal too
Aurelia: Too many choices to list, but Sun/Inferno Titan are probably at the top of the list.
Nicol Bolas: Kokusho, I run few other relevant creatures.
>>
>>46499313
Hmmm..
>My Sliver Deck
Not much, nothing but sliver. I guess he could take one of my managenerators if he wanted too. or my Overlord for a quick 7/7, then he could control my slivers if he wanted too, that would be shitty.

>Orzhov Worship
A few decent options, most of them don't work well without the enchantments in the deck though.

>Kaalia
I'd probably just call it there if he took Iona, there are plenty of other terrible things in that deck

I'm still working on 3 others right now
>>
>>46499313
>UR
Dracogenius is the biggest from the 5-6 creatures I run in it. Maybe Melek if he's playing spellslinger too.
>Nekusar
Mindleech Mass
>Animar
Well fuck he'll pull Terastodon and blow up my lands
>>
>>46500273
>or my Overlord for a quick 7/7, then he could control my slivers if he wanted too, that would be shitty.

>Overlord is not General
What do you run over the Tutor King? Coat of Slivers? Queen and Hivelord are better in the 99, and IMO Overlord over Legion every time. Overlord can fetch legion for you.
>>
>>46499313
>Sharuum
Duplicant, Inkwell Leviathan or Sphinx?
>Mimeoplasm
There aren't many big monsters, but they could pose a threat.
>Ghave
I hope he doesn't have a combo that uses counters or tokens.
>Jalira
Any big blue creature, I guess Inkwell would be the worst of them.
>Overlord
Hivelord would be the worst.
>>
File: template.jpg (3MB, 3675x2175px) Image search: [Google]
template.jpg
3MB, 3675x2175px
>>46500408
I swap out Hivelord and Overlord depending on what I'm running up against. The fun thing about slivers is how malleable and speedy they are. I still need to purchase Legion and Queen.

I have enough spells that fetch if I'm not running Overlord.
>>
>>46499313
>Elesh Norn
Sun Titan or Wurmcoil Engine

>Crosis the Purger

>Mayael
Like, anything. We're all fucked whatever they pick.
>>
>>46500482
Man that new Sliver design sucks
>>
>>46497975
I'd rather win than fuck over one guy
>>
File: Sliver-Hive-s-MtG-Art.jpg (225KB, 700x450px) Image search: [Google]
Sliver-Hive-s-MtG-Art.jpg
225KB, 700x450px
>>46500544
I'm working on another Template for the older Slivers.

That picture is one of my playmats actually, I don't really mind the new design.
>>
>>46500561
The pic you posted is fine, the new design is not. I like slivers, not predators.
>>
>>46500064
Or Bladewing, or Karrthus, or Kolaghan, or Atarka. Tons of good tribal generals with easier manabases to build.
>>
File: hrriwbvps51uiag6jtj6.jpg (42KB, 636x467px) Image search: [Google]
hrriwbvps51uiag6jtj6.jpg
42KB, 636x467px
>>46500584
Yeah I can understand why people don't like the design.

posting T H I C K
>>
>>46500614
HIGH TEST
I
G
H

T
E
S
T
>>
How janky or good will a younger Atarka dragon tribal deck will be? Sorta interested in building a list for her.
>>
>>46500681
little atarka is fine
>>
>>46500614
That is literally the only new sliver I like, for obvious reasons.
>>
File: 18zn4oztnbx5hgif.gif (409KB, 200x141px) Image search: [Google]
18zn4oztnbx5hgif.gif
409KB, 200x141px
>>46500561
>Sliver heads look like the SOI cryptoliths
What if Nahiri is summoning a MASSIVE Sliver hive through the Drownyard portal
>>
>>46500614
>>46500584
>>46500544

Yeah. I've got the parts for a sliver deck set aside but the only neo-slivers I'm going to use are Hive and Hivelord, which feature classic designs (Lord being very close to Queen). Screw Neoslivers.
>>
>>46499313
They get a counterspell from me, fuck you you're not taking my Inkwell!
>>
File: VGUrzMis.jpg (131KB, 491x218px) Image search: [Google]
VGUrzMis.jpg
131KB, 491x218px
Last time I'm gonna post this before buying what I'm missing. Mage-Ring is probably gonna be replaced with a Hangarback once it drops in price, and so far the cards I'm thinking of dropping are Urza's Incubator and Urza's Miter. Question is should I go for more rocks or more lands?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/urza-and-friends/
>>
File: Das it mane.jpg (62KB, 535x462px) Image search: [Google]
Das it mane.jpg
62KB, 535x462px
>>46500744
That is a fucking retarded idea and I support it wholeheartedly.
>>
>>46500757
>screw neo-slivers
Why gimp your deck by not doubling up on: mana, vigilance, double strike, haste, +x/+x, and other effects?

If my Gemhide Sliver dies there will always be Manaweft Sliver.
>>
>>46500681
I run her in Intet Dragonstorm. She's a house, and one of the first things I grab with Dragonstorm or Tooth & Nail.
>>
>>46500788
Needs Blind Seer or a new name.
>>
>>46500744
Well this is certainly out of left field
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>46500836
I was debating whether or not to include him since his ability doesn't really synergize with the deck as-is, but I suppose it's worth having in a for-fun deck.

I'll probably replace Incubator with him and the Miter with Nevinyrral's Disk.
>>
>>46500812
Because I'm not willing to invest in alters for a deck that's not going to be competitive anyway.

I'd run a sliver deck because I loved the heck out of the buggers when I was in grade school and Tempest was new, not because they're good.
>>
File: EDHlist1.jpg (894KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
EDHlist1.jpg
894KB, 1500x1000px
Posting my decks for the first time. Please be gentle.
>>
>>46499313
Enjoy your Sovereigns of Lost Alara, I guess.
>>
>>46499895
>>46500064
Not likely to happen, he's already picked up ur-dragon and the FRF/DTK dragons. Kid has a bigger dragon fetish than Sarkhan
>>
>>46501939
Athreos: Seems good
Meren: Generally recursion at all is better than going wide to bring a fatty to the battlefield. Less likely to get hated out, too.
Kaalia: I like her.
Sliver Hivelord: Do yourself a favor and default to overlord
Marchesa: Dethrone is fun, but I'm not sure it's really that good unless you're tanking your life. Needs Necropotence.
Geist: Cancer.
Muzzio: You could do worse. He's sort of the fun/casual cousin to Sharuum or Dagsson.
G/W: Consider Selvala Group Hug/Pillow Fort/Turbofog
>>
>>46501939
You don't look like much of a faggot. This is high praise in these threads.
>>
>>46502349
what other dragons does he have?
>>
>>46502415
lel why is geist cancer?
I probably will default to overlord
Yeah I know that type of thing isn't typical of a Marchesa deck but I want to give it a whirl, worst case scenario I end up just changing the commander.

I'll look into Dagsson, and your GW recommendations, thanks alot. Maybe I'll use Sharuum, I don't know yet, maybe I'm not thinking about using her the proper way.

>>46502446
Thanks
>>
>>46490286
main reason why i say no dormant sliver is because "all slivers have defender" text, with slivers being high aggro, or atleast high threat, not really a good idea when with one creature it fucks over your entire field

yes, there are other slivers that say "sac this" or "return this" or some variation of removing the creature from the field, it just doesnt seem like that good of a sliver if you need a second one to make the bad part of it good.

>>46490737
thats true, the ones i listed were the ones off the top of my head. olivia is great, but the only down side is you need a decent amount of mana to get her effect off well. plus red/black arent the greatest colors for stealing your opponents stuff. theres red? but black doesnt help to mucg, i was primarily going for red/blue or some variation of blue, seeing how red is only temporary control over a creature or permanent.
>>
>>46502574
Dormant lets slivers pull a storm-like (really, Cheerie0s-like) blowout rather than just aggroing, which is huge bit of toolbox to have. You're correct, it needs to die before you can swing FTW, but there are a LOT of sac-for-value slivers. Firewake, Necrotic, and Mnenomic should already be in just off the top of my head.

It's a niche sliver, but a slot in the 99 is a very small cost to pay for opening up an entire new strategy for the deck.
>>
>>46502574
Well black can reanimate opponent's dudes, but I generally just like to slap a Basilisk Collar or Blade of the Bloodchief on her and go to town.
>>
File: brago.jpg (33KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
brago.jpg
33KB, 480x360px
Any suggestion for this Brago list?
I'm aiming to abuse his effect blinking my artifacts/creatures

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/06-04-16-brago-blink-eternal/
>>
File: playing against new players.jpg (51KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
playing against new players.jpg
51KB, 480x270px
Is there any way to make a legit deck with skeleton ship as commander without being a hipster
>>
>>46503069

>>46485267
>>
>>46503069
Ramp: Basalt Monolith, Hedron Archive, Solemn Simulacrum, Pilgrim's Eye
Untap: Cloud of Faeries, Peregrine Drake, Palinchron
Flicker: Strionic Resonator, Otherworldly Journey, Skybind, Restoration Angel
Card Draw: Prophetic Prism, Ichor Wellspring, Sea Gate Oracle, Heliod's Pilgrim, Augury Owl, Flight of Fancy, Spreading Seas +Traveller's Cloak, Chosen by Heliod, Angelic Gift, Unquestioned Authority, Stratus Walk, Alchemist's Vial, Reliquary Tower
Bounce: Quickling, Harbinger of the Tides
Field Control: Contagion Engine, War Priest of Thune, Duplicant, Phyrexian Ingester, Act of Authority, Glen Elendra Archmage, Angel of Serenity, Nevermaker, Sunblast Angel

Phyrexian Colossus is cute, Pierce Strider adds up, Sun Titan for value.
>>
>>46503383
Proliferate Boat ft. Blowfly Infestation, Crumbling Ashes, and maybe Paradox Haze to get more upkeep triggers (there are a good number of relevant ones for -1/-1 counter synergy)
>>
>>46499313
>Gisela
Probably Aurelia, Malignus, or something else of that ilk.

>Karrthus
Literally any creature in the deck, it's dragons.

>Daretti
Blightsteel, which I'll promptly steal back and kill them with.

>Sygg, River Guide
Uh, Sun Titan, I guess? Empress Galina, maybe.

>Merieke
Isperia, Supreme Judge would be my guess.

>Kaseto
Patron of the Orochi or Phyrexian Juggernaut

>Nekusaar
Uh...Master of Feasts?

>Volrath
*Insert Eldrazi titan here *
>>
>>46499313
>Arcum
Nothing, I drop a counter
>>
>>46499313
>Azami
consecrated sphinx or teferi
>ghave
rune-scarred demon
>edric
Craterhoof?
>shu yun
monastery mentor?
>>
File: 1376848437571.jpg (15KB, 300x303px) Image search: [Google]
1376848437571.jpg
15KB, 300x303px
>>46503713
>>46503689
Thanks guys, going to try those cards
>>
File: 1446981814621-tg.jpg (36KB, 311x445px) Image search: [Google]
1446981814621-tg.jpg
36KB, 311x445px
>>46499313
Blightsteel most likely. I don't run too many gross creatures in Mishra.
>>
>>46499313
Probably Serra Avatar, in which case I'm right fucked unless I'm holding path. Swords to plowshares seems unfortunate, but potentially necessary here.
>>
File: 1441141024088.jpg (11KB, 229x192px) Image search: [Google]
1441141024088.jpg
11KB, 229x192px
>>46499313
>Titania
Oracle of Mul Daya because it's a stax list.
>Daxos the Returned
Avacyn, Ange of Hope or Rune-Scarred Demon
>Bruna
Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir?
>Brion
Serra Avatar
>Jor Kadeen
[Insert any hatebear or Sun Titan here]
>Zurgo
>Implying I run any big creatures in a Superfriend Boardwipe deck
>Tasigur
Any of the BUG preators, Void Winnower, Terastadon. Basically any creature I try to cheat Turn 1~2 with Entomb/Reanimate.
>Sen Triplets
Magister Sphinx targeting the dick from last game.
mfw this actually happened once
>>
>>46502808
thats true, i always loved that idea with her

>>46502692
that is true that it opens it up, but it puts you on the defensive in a high aggro deck. which for me personally i dislike
>>
>>46473675
Why are all the people who make EDH threads complete morons who don's understand the subject line when making a new thread?
>>
>>46495680
Thanks a lot that sounds really awesome. I actually have the Wurmcoil/Deathmantle/Alatar combo in another deck. Not sure how I fucked that up lol forbidden orchard is a great idea. Do you have your list up anywhere I would love to compare.
>>
>>46503969
Unrelated to your post, but I just got an incredible desire to run Invoke Prejudice in my Hanna Enchantments deck.
>>
>>46503383
Like >>46503725 said, Proliferate is the way to go. Here's my deck that I haven't updated in a while, I took out some of the creatures for more artifact support (Lux Cannon, Armageddon Clock, Altar of Shadows) and dropped some of the more expensive cards that didn't really flow well with the deck like Sheoldred

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/counter-the-bones/

Alternatively, you could go with a pirate theme for shits and giggles.
>>
>>46503815
And what would he still anyway? Aren't all Arcum decks built on the backs of garbage mana dorks?
>>
>>46503815
>hurr durr I counter everything
Don't be a faggot. He forces of will your counterspell. What is he stealing now?
>>
>>46504925
>what would he steal
Oh I don't know maybe a fucking
Blightsteel
>>
>>46502467
Numot, Siege dragon and the one that has an interaction with walls (and sweet art of it blasting fire)
>>
>>46505471
Siege Dragon is the wall one.

I must reiterate, Nicol bolas. If you can peg somebody once with one dragon, annihilate their hand!
>>
>>46505269
Well, if we're going THAT route, I guess a Forge or a Spine of Ish Sah.
>>
>>46505575
>Bribery
>>
>>46505614
Hurrr I can't read

He'd steal my Inkwell and beat my ass with it
>>
>>46499313
So far the Terastodons seem like the scariest targets.
>>
Question,

does Archangel Avacyn count as a White and red commander?
>>
>>46505921
Yes
>>
Petitioning to add to the OP an FAQ covering:
Mishra
Double Faced Cards
Colorless Mana
thanks
>>
Say if fleshbag made me sac a creature, can I use eight and a half to protect a creature from it since its a black ability?
>>
>>46506142
No
>>
>>46506142
No. Protection is Damage, Enchanted, Blocked or Targeted. Fleshbag does none of those things, it just makes you sac a creature of your choice, so you can't use protection on it.
>>
>>46505925
Radical, I can think of some funny deck ideas
>>
>>46505471
Nicol Bolas like the other anon said
Dragon Tyrant
Bladewing the Risen
Intet, the Dreamer
Balefire Dragon
Steel Hellkite
Hellkite Charger
Moltensteel Dragon
Scourge of the Throne
Karrthus
Hellkite Overlord
Kokusho
Yosei
Keiga
Savage Ventmaw
Prossh
Destructor Dragon
>>
>>46498446
Because running crypt takes a spot in the 99 where this is a land with the same effect???
>>
File: Kresh The Bloodbraided.jpg (79KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Kresh The Bloodbraided.jpg
79KB, 312x445px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/maximus-the-champion/
>>
>>46506230
>>46506217
what's a good way to protect against sacing then, besides sigarda
>>
>>46506639
Sigarda, Tajuru Preserver, and Assault Suit are the only ways, pretty much.

Alternatively, have sac fodder like tokens.
>>
>>46506639
>>46506673
you can also sac your creatures before the opponent tells you to sac, in case someone tries to board wipe, creature would die by combat, or other means along those lines.

unfortunately you cant sac your creature in response to your opponent forcing you to sac that creature
>>
>>46506798
just realized i contradicted myself, you know what i mean...
>>
>>46506826
>Archangel of Tithes now up to $20
>from $7
>in just a week
>>
>>46506997
Always Watching is a card now
>>
>>46507042
And?
>>
>>46505373
>needing blightsteel in Arcum
Scrub
>>
File: bruh.png (438KB, 518x678px) Image search: [Google]
bruh.png
438KB, 518x678px
>>46506997

>Caring about Standard cards until they rotate
>>
>>46507414
I wanted it for my EDH deck, chief. I was gonna order it, but it was sold out, and I figured it was fine, I'd just wait till it got back in stock.

When it finally did, it had quadrupled in price.
>>
>>46507414
>baby formula
>>
File: 99.jpg (101KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
99.jpg
101KB, 312x445px
Any cards to recommend/include to remedy Gruul's weakness to card advantage and lack of card draw?
>>
>>46508175
Sylvan Library, Green Sun's Zenith, Eternal Witness
>>
>>46508175
>Gruul's weakness to card advantage and lack of card draw

Bruh, green can draw cards like an absolute mother fucker.
>>
>>46508175
Rely on Green.

Have a gander at Planar Chaos. Harmonize is great.

Green can also draw cards with recursion. Eternal Witness, Regrowth, Seasons Past, etc.

to not trip your own Ruric, try out Primal Sage, Magus of the Library, Soul of the Harvest, etc.
>>
>>46508175
Hunter's Insight is kinda nice
>>
>>46508175
Monumentous Fall and Greater Good would be really good.
>>
>>46489685
Gimme dat list boi.
>>
>>46499313
Either Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger or Terastodon.
>>
File: 1345777056666.jpg (55KB, 240x226px) Image search: [Google]
1345777056666.jpg
55KB, 240x226px
>>46508175
>plays green
>complains about lack of draw
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ruric-thar-and-hisdogs-of-war/

thoughts?
>>
>>46506997
>Archangel of Tithes now up to $20
Why is that ?
>>
>>46508876
Manabases are getting worse with fetchlands rotating out. People might start playing decks that aren't 4-colors in Standard. Which means Archangel of Tithes, a genuinely good card that wasn't played, because everything was Jeskai Black or Temur White or Naya Dimir and couldn't run a WWW casting cost card, might have a shot in Standard.
>>
File: 1458192342736.gif (895KB, 232x137px) Image search: [Google]
1458192342736.gif
895KB, 232x137px
>>46508966
>might have a shot in Standard.
>might
So it's not even being played yet? It's all just speculation?

This only further enrages me.
>>
>>46509857
Archangel of Tithes is a powerful card. Slower decks are definitely going to be in the market for low-CMC, somewhat beefy flying blockers. It's a bit like Brimaz. Everyone knew that card was insane so it always held a very high price despite never being played anywhere.
>>
>>46487526
There are so many trannies in Tarkir, we just assumed
>>
>>46510209
>so many
Alesha, Tasigur and who else?
>>
>>46510476
Zurgo
>>
>>46491388
Give me the decklist please, this sounds like a ton of fun
>>
File: tina fey eating a banana.jpg (58KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
tina fey eating a banana.jpg
58KB, 640x479px
Hey lads. I wanna build around the new Legenary card in SoI, the Gitrog Monster, but I need cards for it.
What are some good all-around workhorse cards in B/G EDH? Specific cards that work really well with the frog are also appreciated. I'm already planning on Squandered Resources and the Dredge land.

Also, I have a strong and horrible suspicion that one of the players from my group will likely spend any game I play with him referencing Pepe. In such a situation, is it morally permissible to kill him? What if he just makes hypnotoad jokes?

Thanks in advance. Pic unrelated.
>>
>>46510781
Crucible
>>
>>46510781
>>46510831
Or the poor man's Crucible, Life from the Loam
>>
File: Brion Stoutarm.jpg (38KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Brion Stoutarm.jpg
38KB, 223x310px
>>46510781
Does anyone actually play Brion? Is he any good?
>>
>>46511152
I don't know why you replied to me, but I used to play him and he's fun as hell. I plan on rebuilding him soon from my Aurelia deck.
>>
>>46511170
>I don't know why you replied to me
Because I know you used to play him silly
>>
File: 1393102411853.png (90KB, 543x308px) Image search: [Google]
1393102411853.png
90KB, 543x308px
>>46511201
Y-you're not stalking me, are you, Anon?
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 223x310px
any opinions on my Mono Black Tribal Vampires EDH deck?

Any suggestions what it might need and what could be taken out?

Decklist:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tribal-vampires-commander-1/?cat=type
>>
>>46511115
>Loam
>poor man's Crucible
This is an insult the wondrous value engine that is Life from the Loam. I'd rather have Loam than Crucible almost any day of the week.
>>
>>46511265
Is this thread really dead? Shit. I'm wondering if there are too few lands in the deck even though I have a few other mana producers.
>>
>>46512079
I would play at least 36 lands and maybe a few more rocks
>>
New thread
>>46512317
>>46512317
>>
>>46508175
If it's Ruric Thar that you're talking, heartwood storyteller is a fun option.

There's a new clue card from SOI that is highly EDH playable, tireless tracker. He landfalls clue tokens and he gets bigger as you sac them. Pay 2 to draw 1 whenever you have some spare mana isn't bad at all.

Shamanic revelation is a sorcery, not a creature, but it's still goddamn terrifying, and it has incidental life gain to cancel out the hit you take.
>>
>>46503383
>tfw all my edh are becoming meme decks
I don't think I wanted this curse
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.