[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 337
Thread images: 28

File: 1459277108803.jpg (334KB, 1000x1518px) Image search: [Google]
1459277108803.jpg
334KB, 1000x1518px
Connecting to JackPoint VPN...
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>>>Enter Passcode: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to < ERROR: NODE UNKNOWN >

>Pastebin:http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
>Chummer 5:https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
>Issue tracker:https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/issues/

Last Thread: >>46429025

Deadly Rigger Edition
>>
>>46458499
So beyond the obvious advantages of PANs, why should one allow Technomancers to use one via their living deck?
>>
>>46458623
Because it's one more disadvantage that makes technomancers objectively worse than normal deckers.
>>
And it'd be something decking related that Resonance actively influences.
>>
>>46458658
Else. Something else. I'm still not off to good rhetorical starts today.
>>
>>46458638
Technomancers don't play anything like deckers though? They aren't great at head on conflict but for a more conservative and strategic player, they're ideal. Their command of sprites and complex forms make them ideal infiltrators & spies.
>>
>>46458738
Deckers aren't good at head on conflict either due to the nature of hosts, you basically have to go sleaze or else the host will shit out IC every combat turn to fuck you.
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 415x355px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 415x355px
>>first time GMing + new players
>>run Food Fight, going well
>>total Leroy Jenkins gangster bloodbath
>>street Sam goes over to father and daughter
>>"no witnesses" shotguns them both
>>team follows suit on other patrons
>>burn down McHughs to "cover tracks"
>>have Moxy escape burning building to salvage something of campaign
>>team kidnaps Moxy to pick up where gangsters left off
>>welp
>>
File: Phantasy-Star-II-UE-REV-02-097.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Phantasy-Star-II-UE-REV-02-097.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
>>46458499
Having a hard time visualizing the matrix. I'm imagining pic related, along with the toolbar at the bottom, with some of its architecture wrapped contiguously in meat space with thousands of domestic hosts close to the "ground" but with an impossibly cluster of hosts that rise above everything in a cyclopean mass?
>>
I want to play a little girl, what kind of a character would I build with that in mind? Weak physical stats, high mental and social stats. Technomancer, decker, mage?

I can make some bullshit up to justify my character being a loli, don't worry about that.
>>
>>46459195
It all depends on where you are.

In some places, like that. In others, it's like being in the city, but you can fly. In others, it's like being back in Florence circa the height of the Medici.

It all depends on how the people in charge of that area of the Matix have decided to code it.
>>
File: 234578523480.jpg (257KB, 1600x1291px) Image search: [Google]
234578523480.jpg
257KB, 1600x1291px
I've got a player for an upcoming game that wants to use the Critter Form (hellhound) spell for his fire themed mage. I like the idea and want to have him try it out using the spell in it's pre errata state (drain = F-2, each net hit gives +1 to all physical attributes).

How powerful or useful would a player as a hellhound be? I really don't want to shut his idea down as he is a really good RPer and avoids powergaming, and I think this could be a fun character. It would be expensive too, as he would have to invest in Unarmed Combat and Exotic Ranged Weapon on top of normal mage stuff.
>>
>>46459227
Are you that one guy last thread whose mom saw a naked loli doll and thought it was fine?
>>
>>46459227

You're going to want the Neoteny quality, no matter what you do.
>>
File: offtherails.gif (3MB, 393x200px) Image search: [Google]
offtherails.gif
3MB, 393x200px
>>46459114

And here I thought my group's solution was overkill.

We smashed in through a window, set everything on fire, and kidnapped the gang leader. We didn't realize Moxy was inside, but she managed to safely escape in the confusion.
>>
>>46459227
Either a mage/shaman, or a technomancer.

Cyberware is normally not installed in children due to the body still growing. If it is, it has to be replaced every so often due to the body outgrowing it.
>>
>>46460243
In rich families it generally is, in SR:DF you can meet a family who are shopping for the yearly replacement for their sons logic enhancer, because if he doesn't have one he falls behind in his studies compared to the other kids and he/they look bad as a result.
It's basically an educational arms race, can you afford to sabotage your child's future by NOT buying one?
>>
>>46459641

Yes actually.

But I really don't think it's a big issue, because everyone from my family has seen her, along with two cops, refurbishers and most of my collagues.

Why are you so fixated on my loli fig anyway, are you still in the closet or what?
>>
>>46460358
Aye. As I said, it has to be replaced every so often. About yearly, if memory serves.

Much easier to create an awakened child prodigy than work in why and how a child was "fine-tuned" with cybernetics (especially extremely invasive operations like cyberlimbs, wired reflexes or a rigger's control rig), where the money for the original and the replacements came from, why it dried up and how the character is going to deal with the deadline of needing costly replacements in the near future.

Of course, there's always the Neoteny option as easy way out.
>>
>>46459114
Good, let them get it out of their systems. I vaguely recall walking out of a Stuffer Shack on my first run with a severed head on the end of my katana.
>>
>>46459750

That's almost exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks chummer!

>>46460243

Noted, thanks. What about bioware?
>>
>>46460503
I would assume he would have the effects of neoteny, except you know, he's actually a child and will grow eventually.
Bioware grows with you though, if I'm not mistaken, so he could go that route.
>>
>>46460518
>What about bioware?

Unclear. It's living tissue, so there is no reason it should not grow with the patient. On the other hand, it might require careful doctoring and corrective treatment to live through/not go haywire due to the hormonal clusterfuck of puberty.
>>
Anyone got the pdf for Shadowrun Storytime(tm)? Need to give it to a friend and lost my copy
>>
>>46460650
>>
>>46460689
Thanks famicon
>>
>>46460584

Or maybe she won't grow up. Eternal lolis are greatest things ever.

Is there a plausible way in the shadowrun universe for personalities to switch places? Eg mage accidentally transporting his conciousness into a vegetative child's body, or technomancer accidentally switching places with a kid who was having her first experiences in the matrix.
>>
>>46460867

CFD causes a base personality to be overridden by nanite-carried AI.

You could also play Neoteny as-written, where you're an adult with a hormone imbalance that keeps you looking like a child.
>>
>>46461122
>>CFD causes a base personality to be overridden by nanite-carried AI.

I don't want to play an AI, that's gay.

And yes, I already looked over neoteny, but it feels too simple.
>>
File: 1451553134965.jpg (149KB, 1024x910px) Image search: [Google]
1451553134965.jpg
149KB, 1024x910px
How well does the public at large know about certain terrorist groups like Winternight, Ex Pacis, Deus, bug spirits and other big baddies? I feel like the fluff presented might be biased since it's written by Shadowrunners who know all about this stuff anyway.
>>
>>46461216
Most people would have heard the names and have a very rough general idea of who those are. Crash 2.0 was a big event that affected the whole planet.

Detailed info, on the other hand...
>>
>>46461181
You could also play a vampire loli for maximum anime tropes, since they are immune to aging.
>>
>>46461357

A classic, to be sure. But still not an old perverted man in a little girl's body, unfortunately.
>>
I feel like this is going to end with somebody saying that loli isn't a mentor spirit, and even if it was, it wouldn't be a valid choice for Beast Way's shapechange.
>>
>>46461439

Wait, what do you mean loli isn't a mentor spirit? Why not?
>>
>>46461460
Thank you.
>>
>>46461375

You could probably just have it be some really expensive biosculpting.

Or perhaps some experimental leonization (the de-aging treatment) gone horribly right wrong.
>>
>>46461439
Disadvantage: Must pass a composure (3) check or else mock someone for failing and act generally smug when proven right.

What would be the bonus be?
>>
>>46461375
You could play a magician who follows one of the possession traditions and say that you're channeling some free spirit or another most of the time. Free spirits are pretty loose in terms of morality.

That'd give you an easy excuse for having great magical abilities despite being so young too.
>>
>>46461609

But wouldn't that be robbing the little girl of her body? That would be mean.
>>
>>46461676
Nah, it's what you call [i]quid pro quo [/i]. Or if you're the right kind of animal, squid pro quo.

Favors for favors, after all.
>>
>>46461900

I want to do favours to lolis.
>>
>>46461676
Presumably the magician is getting something out of the deal, that's usually how things work with free spirits. It depends on the spirit and to some extent the tradition the magician follows.

Obviously a spirit could take advantage by making an unfair deal with someone with a childlike understanding of the world, or they might take a passing interest in the kid and give them the ability to grow as a person/get more skilled at magic/take revenge on her bully at school, whatever. If the kid was a Vodou mage she'd probably be cool with it just because they generally view themselves as servants to the spirits/loa and are just happy to be useful, with any reward being a gift rather than a tit-for-tat service.

Basically it depends on what you wanna do with it.
>>
You may also consider maintaining your host's psyche by using guns that fire DSMO-ed soporific chemicals. Color code if you have multiple chemicals.
>>
How do I make a loli combat mage street samurai?
>>
get the neoteny quality from run faster
>>
>>46462530

Okay, then what?
>>
>>46462358

To be as snowflaky as possible?

Prototype Transhuman (Muscle Toner) mystic adept, use Manablades or Powerblades.
>>
>>46462568

Sounds good.

My group's so gonna hate me.
>>
>>46462590
Make her a vampire or a banshee too or something.
>>
Can a ghoul wear normal armor in an attempt to appear more human? I'm mostly thinking about the claws, which might prevent him from wearing gloves or gauntlets.
>>
So if I wanted to get my Armour as high as I can at standard character generation, what should I do? I'm an adept who already took the 1 Essence dip for some bioware and robo-eyes, so actual 'ware is pretty much out of the question
>>
>>46462864
Sleeping Tiger, Synergist Linecoat, Forearm Guard, Ballistic Mask, Gel Packs
>>
>>46462864
And if you have the free positive quality karma, take Restricted Gear and add Second Skin to >>46462926 's list.

But don't. There's better stuff to take if you hit up that quality.
>>
>>46462604

I'm finding it hard to accomplish that with all the other karma requirements.
>>
File: Technomancer.gif (3MB, 441x250px) Image search: [Google]
Technomancer.gif
3MB, 441x250px
>>46458789
Adding on to this, the advantage deckers have is that, should it turn into a fight, they can throw a decent punch and take one in return.

If a technomancer's persona is ever discovered, his brain is going to be boiling out of his ears in very short order. They are really vulnerable at all times and have no option to be less vulnerable other than not being a technomancer.
>>
File: 1438574828784.jpg (81KB, 846x669px) Image search: [Google]
1438574828784.jpg
81KB, 846x669px
>>46459195
If you're on the grid, then you see local hosts nearby with the Big 10 hovering in the sky over you, all of it stylized however the local grid operators want it (for example, the Seattle grid is emerald and leafy). Inside each host it's basically an alternate reality- might look like your pic, but most of them (at least commercial ones) tend to keep it fairly realistic.
>>
>>46462789
Sure, armor takes a lot of different forms, and what qualifies as human-shaped varies even more.

It'd require some Disguise experience, though.
>>
>>46460689
>Sending the inferior version

Son, I am disappoint, that one still has the errors Jarboot made, and doesn't include 2D's diagram of the final run.

>>46460650
>>46460738
Here's the good one. Save your friend some trouble.
>>
>>46463019
She tells everyone she's an ESPer and won't shut up about it
>>
Sorry this might be a dumb question. What's the difference between S and S(e) for weapon damage?
>>
>>46463316
(e) indicates Electrical Elemental Damage, check the combat section for what it does specifically.
>>
Okay so how the fuck did the Algonkian-Manitou get away with owning most of Canada? And what happened to the literal thousands of non-Algonkian Native tribes and honorable bloodlines that dotted Canada? How did they go from forcibly taking back their land to being subsumed into the NAN? What happened to their proud heritage, the heritage baked into their blood, the core of their identity?

And don't just tell me they all died through shady government practices. In an age where the Matrix is still "free" and information is shared all over no government or Corp or fringe group can truly get away with just murdering entire swaths of people. I don't care how big the government is, all those nations unified to take North America back, killing the ones who didn't fall in line would be equitable to killing hundreds of thousands of people in a country that consists of barely over 1 million.
>>
>>46463423
Most likely the writers didn't care to figure out the minutia of every tribe in North America and their pieces of the pie.
>>
Can anyone give a list of recommended spells? There's just so many to choose from.
>>
>>46463593

For a combat oritented mage, that is.
>>
>>46463423
The fun thing about badly written fluff is that you can just drop it and make something better in it's place. It sounds like you already know the politics of the natives in the area, so why don't you write something up that's better, that everyone here can use?
>>
File: Sioux Sue.png (409KB, 407x572px) Image search: [Google]
Sioux Sue.png
409KB, 407x572px
>>46463423
The Iroquois are mentioned as a big force in the AMC, which in itself has a lot of problems with political stability and homegrown terrorists (although the latter tend to be ecobombers).

So there are plenty of other native groups in there, just like the Sioux Nation is not exclusively Sioux, it's just a name for a larger confederation. but also the writers don't give one shit about Canada or Canadian identity, it's why the AMC and Inuit are never anything more than background characters and the Canadian parts of the UCAS are never mentioned beyond Big D's summer home.
>>
>>46459594
Bump for my question
>>
File: Sioux.png (1MB, 1079x733px) Image search: [Google]
Sioux.png
1MB, 1079x733px
>>46463423
>>46463631
And because given the fact that you care enough about native relations to know this, the Iroquois got deported to camps throughout Ontario during the SAIM years, so that's why they're there.
>>
>>46463505

That sounds like shit world building. It's their job to make a good world.
>>
>>46463612
When you say combat mage, do you mean, like 'fireball/lightning bolt' mage, or like 'time to make my team superfast/invisible/mind control my enemies' mage? Because while there are, like, a couple of good damage spells (stunball being prime amongst them), mostly hurting people with magic is impractical, despite what you may think. Get a gun, bud.
>>
>>46463680

Whatever works.
>>
>>46463631
>>46463621
>>46463661

Good ideas and good info thanks.

My question is actually due to my intentions to flesh out the Canadian sections of North America.
>>
>>46463698
Okay, so, as I said, you'll mostly want to skip direct damage.
Some good spells:
Stunball
Heal (Super super important)
Maybe Improved Reflexes?
Trid Phantasm
Improved Invisibility
Fashion/Makeover (Maybe)
Turn to Goo
Levitate
Influence

Sorry, it's not a very combat focused list. As I said, though, if you want to be effective in combat, it's as easy as putting 6 points into Automatics and picking up a gun.
>>
>>46463811

I already picked most of those, but thanks anyway.
>>
File: SS Amerika-san.png (91KB, 196x259px) Image search: [Google]
SS Amerika-san.png
91KB, 196x259px
So chummers, why does this guy not have a 1d4chan page?
>>
>>46464158
1d4chan is an abomination t.b.h
>>
>>46463845
Lightning ball. That electrical damage is good for crowd control as well as breaking drones.
Shapechange, because an uncooperative turtle is easier to manage than an uncooperative hostage.
Detect life extended: when you absolutely positively need to know what's around.
one of the touch spells: puts a new twist on electric buzzer in hand gag
Silence: because you forgot to put dice in the stealth pool
>>
Somebody have any good pictures of a Dwarf face?

trying to go Mafia style pictures but I can't find shit.
>>
>>46464158

America is gay.
>>
has anyone ever seen anything regarding 3d printing in the SR universe?
>>
Looks to me like Pixies naturally can fly. How high can they fly? And how far? I think the flying speed is not AGLx2.

Also, Pixies come with the sorcery Concealment. How do you cast that spell?
>>
What does essence actually affect game play wise? Are there spells you can cast base on how much essence you have? I heard that if you're a technomancer you need a high essence. I just don't know what the fuck essence actually does.
>>
>>46464831
>how high
'Till they space, pretty much

>how far
'Till they get tired

>SOrcery Concealment
It's not a sorcery, it's a critter power, and they use it by taking a Simple action to activate it and then sustaining it for however long they like
>>
>>46464895
>It's not a sorcery, it's a critter power, and they use it by taking a Simple action to activate it and then sustaining it for however long they like

Do you roll anything to sustain?

Also, I was talking about how far they can move during combat.
>>
>>46464916
I think it's AGIx2 for walking and AGIx6 for running?
>>
File: 5haka6I.jpg (24KB, 326x209px) Image search: [Google]
5haka6I.jpg
24KB, 326x209px
>>46464916
>Do you roll anything to sustain?

I'd recommend reading through the core rulebook before looking at things like Pixies
>>
>>46465001
hey I read through it, but I just don't remember everything yet.

And while you're here, do agents have turns during combat? How do you determine what the agent does during combat?
>>
>>46465077
Yes, they have an initiative Data Processing + 4d6

You determine what it does based on what it's told to do. It's not an AI
>>
>>46465133
I read somewhere that it says it's an autonomous program.

anyway, why wouldn't you run an agent? That's like having an extra character.
>>
>>46465170
It is an autonomous program. You tell it what to do and it does it. It doesn't deviate and if something complicated comes up, it might fuck up. Read the Pilot Programs section on page 269

You don't want an agent all the time because all damage it takes goes straight to you as well. Two people on the same damage track isnt' fun, especially since someone can Fork a Data Spike at you and pretty much break your shit instantly
>>
>>46465170
>>46465260
Agents take up a program slot on on your deck
>>
>>46465275
Also that
>>
>>46458499
http://lookrobot.co.uk/2013/10/14/ten-things-hate-shadowrun/
Thinking of getting into Shadowrun and came across this "review". How much of this is just this guy being a faggot and how much is fairly accurate?
>>
>>46464877
essence is only important for mages and technomancers and in 5e also faces
>What does essence actually affect game play wise?
For mages and technos it limits magic/resonance. at the beginning you have a max. MAG/RES of 6. For each (partial) point of essence lost the maximum and current value decrease by 1. So for a Mage with 3/6 MAG losing 1 point of essence means your magic is now 2/5. For faces in 5e it also decreases the social limit by 1 per point lost

Also essence is something you want to look out for when augmenting yourself. Essence stands for your mental integrity. Once it reaches 0 you are dead. That's why there are different ratings on ware: The better the ware the more it costs but the less essence it takes. Lost essence is only recoverable through a long and EXPENSIVE process. We are talking 75000 nuYen minimum with 20000 per month of treatment with a rate of 0.1 essence points per month.
>>
>>46465548
Where does it state you can get essence back at all? The books we've read so far said once its gone, its well gone.
>>
5e:
What can a Cyberdeck being used to control a drone provide ? I know the Cyberdeck can run Cyberprograms but do I need to grab an RCC to share autosofts as well?
>>
>>46465526
From the looks of it, it's coming down to "bandwrongfun" mostly, but some of the ruleset is a bit redundant. Also, minor nitpick, but the game by default isn't supposed to be set in Neo-Tokyo, it's set in Seattle. I think he missed some core concepts in reading about the game.

>>46465602
Chrome Flesh book. Don't ask me the page number, I don't know
>>
>>46465526
>http://lookrobot.co.uk/2013/10/14/ten-things-hate-shadowrun/
He complains about the entirely wrong things, like a fucking moron. He goes in to it with the mindset of REALLY wanting it to be in the modern fad of being rules-lite and not requiring any brain processing power to run. Dead Man's Trigger is kind of stupid, I'll agree, but the rest is a bunch of stupid complaints about being too dumb to understand simple math.
>>
>>46465526

He's like 80% just being a faggot.

There's way more legitimate issues in SR5 (terrible copyediting, bad page references, conflicting rules) he could have complained about, and his examples (like the Hash power) don't really support the bad arguments he is making.
>>
>>46465602
In 4e it's in Augmentation p88
5e: Chrome Flesh p157
>>
>>46465636
>>46465643
>>46465645
Cool, would you guys recommend an older edition for a first time player, or should I just jump right into 5e?
>>
>>46465626
Cyberdecks cannot run autosofts, but drones can run autosofts that they have loaded. You will want an RCC regardless as a good RCC is way cheaper than a good cyberdeck, and allows you to do more with drones than with a deck or commlink.
>>
>>46465661
thank you.

>>46465822
my entire group 8 people went right into 5E.
>>
>>46465822
That'll start an edition war

But I recommend 5e
>>
I have to play a compulsive liar drug dealer. give me some advice, because i have zero fucking idea
>>
>>46465913
I'm looking at a way to run a Lynx or a Roto-drone on my Decker and was wondering if I could substitute my Deck. I'm just going to pick up an average RCC and slave it to the Deck.
>>
>>46465822
It's down to personal preference. I wouldn't say one edition is better than the other, but here's the pros and cons of 3-5:

3: Lots and lots of material, both official and unofficial. Feels far more cyberpunk-y than its successors. Great cyberware and bioware, far more interesting than the latter editions. Funky combat system that takes a little while to get used to. I don't entirely care how skills work.

4: Good amount of sourcebooks for it, as its had its run. Easy system. Not enough variety with weapons (They all seem functionally the same, excluding the attachments they come with). Wireless stuff that isn't absolutely stupid, if you want to play it a-la post cyberpunk Ghost in the Shell. Starting characters tend to be very powerful, with less karma given not helping balance it out all too much.

5: REALLY good initiative system. More variety in weapons. Not all the books are released. There are apparently a good amount of trap options. Everything is wireless to the point where it's a blatant "We wanted to give the decker something to do." Cyberware is shat on the most out of any edition, especially with wireless bonuses that one could normally have achieved in a closed system without extra ware.

If someone wants to add on to what I've said, feel free.
>>
>>46465988
Could take Poor Self Control (Compulsive) and say it's for being a bit fat liar.

For the drug dealing part, do you make your own stuff, or do you buy it? Depending on your answer, you might want to prioritize Logic over Charisma.

Sneak, Con, Negotiation, Intimidation, and some sort of combat skill is a must
>>
>>46466004
What, slave the RCC to the deck? Then how would you slave the drones to the RCC?
>>
>>46466049

I'd disagree with the init system comment for 5e. I preferred more static numbers of passes because shadowrun battles are often quick, bloody affairs and a bad roll costing you entire turns is painful.

The only thing I like is that in theory you can get a guy with 2 init passes from stats alone.
>>
>>46466133
I was more referring to the fact that you can "spend" initiative points. I love that so much, it's a great idea, really. It makes me think of a lighter version of Twilight 2013's "Tick" system (Which consequently, I have considered converting to Shadowrun).
>>
>>46464766
I remember reading in 4E that corps had quashed uncontrolled printers pretty soundly, but that some were still around.
>>
Does a decker need both a deck AND a commlink?
>>
>>46465548
But I can just say fuck essence if I'm a decker.
>>
>>46466247
They just need the deck, but a DR 5+ commlink is great as the center of a PAN that doesn't include the deck and won't have its stats changes at an inopportune moment because you needed that attribute moved to somewhere else.
>>
File: Worldmap.jpg (2MB, 1949x1710px) Image search: [Google]
Worldmap.jpg
2MB, 1949x1710px
Anyone else wanna talk about how fucking cool Shadowrun lore is?

The game mechanics might as well have been written by a schizophrenic, but the lore is some of the most intricate and well thought out stuff I've ever read.

The trucker riots, the Seretech Decision, the Awakening, all the early signs of magic, the rise of Native Countries, Aztlan, all that shit.

It's really just insane. Anyone else?
>>
>>46466171
Printers themselves aren't that hard to get, but all Feedstock is Corp owned and filled with RFIDs.
You can buy feedstock without RFIDs, but it's exceptionally hard to acquire.

A player of mine bitched his tits off when I told him that 3D printing in Shadowrun was a major trial due to Corporate restriction. Whiny little bitch didn't realise that Shadowrun wasn't just 2015 + 60 years.
>>
>>46466307
I plan on making a decker that doesn't really have any other wireless things. So I don't need to slave anything to my deck anything. But I can slave my teammates' stuff to mine, I guess?
>>
>>46466288
As long as your essence is still greater than 0 then yes
>>
>>46466337
I for one think the rise of Native American countries to be absolutely stupid and impossible. There's not enough natives in all of North America to fill one major city, nevermind form five fucking nations.
>>
>>46466337
Some lore is cool, but others is a constant source of irritation from many people in /srg/, specifically why a bunch of Mexian Drug Lords decided to name their new Corporation and State after a practically extinct civilisation, how Ireland suddenly went from hardcore Catholic to Pagan overnight, and how Native Americans can even hope to colonise such a massive section of North America with their tiny-as-hell population.

Other than that though, there is a lot of stuff I adore.
All of the stuff relating to Australia for example is hilarious.
Prime Minister Sheila Powell, fucking gold.
>>
>>46466357
You want both the commlink and the deck. The deck is best busted out if you are doing something on the matrix and might need to do something illegal in the middle of any legal stuff you are doing at the time. If you are not expecting to do something illegal use the commlink.
>>
Okay was Big D closer to Bernie Sanders? Or Hilary?

Or Trump?

Or Cruz?
>>
>>46466399
>>46466417

In regards to the reduced NAN populations, would it not mean that the NAN are the most natural areas? Would that lead to an increase in magic power?

Is it not implied that the NAN are magically more gifted than other nations anyways? Since all the Native American military strength was at least initially based around magic? You HAVE TO have wicked MOJO to pull off a ritual like the Ghost Dance.
>>
Do you use theme music for characters or situations?
I am currently compiling as many cowboy action songs as I can for a gunman I am hoping to play.
The only one I have for sure is go go cactus man, since ennio morriocone has an ENORMOUS library of mostly atmospheric songs, and thus, it's hard to find a good upbeat combat one.
>>
>>46466626

Does he ride? Cause if he rides...

https://youtu.be/Mynzbmrtp9I
>>
>>46466661
yes, yes he does ride.
I am going to go to great lengths to get a legged drone or cyber horse that is as fast as cars so that I can ride up alongside vehicles I am chasing and either shoot them or jump onto them.

Hopefully leaping from one moving vehicle and clinging onto another isn't SUPER hard. I see it happen with trains all the time.
>>
>>46466535
Which one has the plan of turning humanity into drake soldiers to feed into the meat grinder of the war against horror?
>>
>>46466419
I guess that makes sense. Is there a reason to do that in game though?
>>
File: The_duty_of_all_metasapients.jpg (32KB, 600x310px) Image search: [Google]
The_duty_of_all_metasapients.jpg
32KB, 600x310px
>>46466787
man if the dragons just held a volunteer rally for "we need people to augment and have fight unnamable horrors" most of my characters would be up for that so hard.

Especially if the horrors did a first strike to instigate this.
>>
>>46462568
What book are manablades and powerblades in. I´ve looked all over and cannot find them.
>>
>>46466801
You need to reboot the deck every once in a while to get rid of your Overwatch Score. You might need to look something up while you wait for it to finish rebooting.

>>46466830
Hard Targets.
>>
>>46466827

There has to be a high level Black Shadowrun to fake a Horror attack on the populace (or summon a horror on the populace) to create more support for the Draco Foundation.
>>
>>46466953
I don't think they have to FAKE a horror attack.
I mean, hasn't a whole city been eaten by bug spirits?
>>
>>46466859
>>46466830
Thanks
>>
>>46466728

https://youtu.be/kxDYVRmHYM8

There we go. Check out this link. Plenty there

https://youtu.be/aCU6foR5HPs
>>
>>46467051
I do appreciate more western music. This stuff sounds vaguely samurai-ish at times, too, which jives really well.
One day, I will get to play a cowboy gunman with a street samurai katana-man partner, and we will be the best buddy cop runners
>>
>>46466619
>You HAVE TO have wicked MOJO to pull off a ritual like the Ghost Dance.
Or do a bunch of blood magic. Which is what they did, while also making it easier for the horrors to get here and calling the insects early.

Fuck the NaNs.
>>
>>46466993

Holy shit have Bug Spirits been the Horrors this whole time? I thought they were something else separate from Toxic Spirits or Bug Spirits or Shadow Spirits or Blood Spirits.

Are you telling me I was confused by the poorly explained, terribly spaced, and in dire need of clarification?

Because I don't think I could handle that kind of revelation.
>>
>>46467180
oh, no.
I don't know if bug spirits are horrors.
But they are close enough that any of my characters willing to fight one would also fight the other. Which is most of them.
>>
Are there any riggers who are just the getaway driver?
>>
>>46465548
>For faces in 5e it also decreases the social limit by 1 per point lost
>I cannot into a math: the post
Social limit is (CHA*2 + WILL + ESS)/3, so even if you have almost zero essence, you only loose only 2 points of limit and this isn't a big deal anyway, because with cha 6 and wil 3 you are already have 5 (and 5 successes is already good enough in most situations), than you slap pheromones for additional +3 and fashion armor for +1 or +2. No one gives a fuck about social limit, seriously.
>>
File: 2016-04-04-19-56-25--953615031.jpg (11KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-04-19-56-25--953615031.jpg
11KB, 183x275px
>>46467122
>>
>>46467203
>>46467180
Bug spirits are a threat that heralds the arrival of the horrors, I believe.
>>
>>46467229
now put that in the grim cyberpunk future where both are fish out of water.

And then maybe throw a decker on top of that who has to keep these numbskulls on mission.
>>
>>46466109
The RCC can still take slaved devices, unless I've been reading the rules very wrong (and if I have, I'd love some citations). It just can't have a slaved device that's higher in the chain than it.
>>
>>46467207

Yes and they are stupid - focused and great drivers who branch into doing other things with their karma because there's nothing to do as a getaway driver other than getaway by driving.
>>
>>46467276

>now put that cowboy and samurai with that 90s hacker
>now you have every SR Missions team at every con ever

Break the mould, Omae. Run a cyber - face with the personality of a Used Car Salesman or something.
>>
>>46467346
anon, you may have to come to grips with the fact that some people have never played a single time the things you consider generic or common.
>>
>>46467247

So has any lore actually described what the Horrors are? Isn't it what Blood Spirits are?

Or are they more like the Ogdru' Jahad?
>>
>>46467122

Action-y western music?

Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7X-1b3dHiM
>>
>>46467293
Device can only be master or slave. No infinity chaining.
>>
>>46467375
Horrors are basically super spooky super alien spirit things that come from some distant Astral place. They can only get to us when the mana levels are at a certain level, but when they do their immediate instinct is to cause massive suffering, possibly because they feed on it.
>>
>>46467462

Is the Adversary technically a Horror then?
>>
>>46467557
I think he isn't by virtue of being from the same area as normal, non-horror magic and also wanting to keep horrors the fuck out.
>>
File: Cyberpsychosis.png (58KB, 736x386px) Image search: [Google]
Cyberpsychosis.png
58KB, 736x386px
>>46466288
More or less, but realise that effectively what you're doing is sandblasting your soul. SR deals with the fact that you need a limit on cyberware by saying that each piece of metal you nail to your body does great and terrible harm to your inherent self, in a measurable and very real way. There's plenty of stuff out there on playing low-essence characters.
>>
>>46467557
What? No. Absolutely not. The Adversary is merely a mentor spirit focused on rebellion and defying authority. He's typically a punk, not a weird demon-rapist-torturer-murderer. Also he's not alien enough.
>>
>>46467415
But then what's the point of slaving at all, if not to get the Rigger some defences on his RCC or control rig or whatever?
>>
>>46467228
This is why I keep the face on their toes by using matrix meets (no pheromones) and only allowing clothing social bonuses in specific social circles. (no 'one shirt to rule them all', and the further you go from the appropriate circle, the more chance of receiving penalties)
>>
>>46467595
But the Vulcan Liegelord, the best RCC you can buy at creation, is DR 5 with a Firewall of 6, runs 15 drones, can reduce noise for all drones by up to 5 and can run up to 5 autosofts at once.
>>
File: 1438739301247.jpg (313KB, 737x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1438739301247.jpg
313KB, 737x1200px
>>46467557
No. If you ever read Nobilis, the Adversary is the Power of Being A Huge Douchebag. He's evil, monstrous, and would happily kill a ton of people to make crossing the road a little easier, but at least he does it with the understanding that the people he kills has value, not something from beyond the galaxy that wants to destroy everything because it cannot comprehend of not doing so.

>>46467180
Bug Spirits aren't Horrors, they're like canaries in the coal mine. As the background count of the world grows, stranger and stranger metaplanes start opening up- Bug Spirits come from a plane somewhere between 'normal' metaplanes where 'regular' magic comes from, and wherever the Horrors are from.

>>46466399
>>46466417
>>46466619
It's said that the NAN is mostly unpopulated, with lots of abandoned small towns (which are being occupied by runaways, runner hideouts and bug hives) and industry like farming done by drones, but there's also that the native population of Shadowrun 2011 is not as low as Earth 2011 (exactly what it was has never been specified), plus VITAS slaughtered a ton of whites while the natives were safe from infection in their camps, which helped balance the scales some.
>>
>>46467595
To protect your shitty 'ware and guns. Your RCC already have decent firewall to protect you while your decker is dealing with attacker.
What the point for anyone to buy decent commlink if you can chain bunch of metalinks under top-tier deck under single top-tier commlink and cover everyone's gear?
>>
>>46467873
And that's great, but what if I want to have my own set-up for if I need to do some solo work and then let the team decker run defence? Better yet, what if I want to rig and deck, using my RCC as a drone controller and my deck as actual defence? A Sony CIY-720 has a better Firewall than a Vulcan Liegelord a quarter of the time and as good or better half the time. Plus, it has a Sleaze rating, which is a massive deal.
>>
>>46467615
>matrix meets
>with zero guaranty to get money from another nigerian prince
I wonder why your players even agreed on that.
>>
>>46467964
If X is slaved to Y and Y is slaved to Z, then Z is not X's master, Y is. One step only when it comes to rating transferrence, all steps involved when it comes to mark chaining - i.e. if a Meta-Link is at the bottom and it gets hit, you get a mark right the way up to whatever's at the top, but the Meta-Link can only use the attributes of whatever's directly above it. This leaves a reason to not have things in the chain whilst also making the weakest link the most vulnerable, just like with modern network structures.
>>
>>46468061
Don't be a moron if you can help it. Fixers exist, as do escrow services.
>>
>>46458499
Sad MWoH is done op.
>>
I'm a pixie. If I want to cast concealment, do I just tell the GM that? Doesn't seem like I have to roll anything.
>>
>>46468501
Yep. Works as the critter power, which means everyone suddenly gets -[Magic] to notice you. Counts as a sustained spell for spellcasting, though.
>>
>>46468553
Well, I kinda made a pixie decker... is that gonna be a problem?
>>
Assuming I'm the only person in the matrix, I'm hotsim in matrix, there's a good chance that my initiative will be more than 10 higher than the next person in the initiative pass. If that's the case, do I just go twice?
>>
>>46468581
Pixies have an innate Magic rating. It's only one, but you can use your special points in priority, or karma in damn near anything else, on it if you want to be an infiltrator-decker. You also get Astral Perception, so you can see through magic disguises and notice spirits and shit, which'll be useful if you get an old optic telescope and run overwatch for your team.
>>
>>46468657
Yeah, it's only 1 magic rating though, so I probably won't do too much with it.

I think I will fly somewhere, hide, and then go into hotsim. That'll be my style.
>>
>>46468655
Not exactly.
Your initiative is 35, their initiative is 12.
You take your actions, then they take their actions. Subtract 10 initiative from all scores, you're at 25, they are at 2. You take your action, then they take their action. Subtract 10, you're at 15, they are out of initiative.

You take an action alone. Subtract 10, you're at 5, you take an action alone.
>>
>>46468746
I got you.
>>
>>46468655
>>46468746
There is an optional rule to handle initiative like he described in the first post, with your turn taking up 10 points, and if you're still the highest then, you go once more.
>>
>>46468840
What book is this in?
>>
>>46468928
Run and Gun, I want to say.
>>
>>46468928
>>46468990
It is Run and Gun
>>
>>46468990
>>46469008
Thanks!
>>
How does an agent roll initiative? How many D6s?
>>
>>46469221
IIRC 4D6
>>
File: 0VWYI81.gif (2MB, 1280x576px) Image search: [Google]
0VWYI81.gif
2MB, 1280x576px
How do y'all run your games? Do you do episodic miniadvertures each session? Overarching plot strung along by various missions Dragonfall/HongKong style? Single main story only?

I want the next few sessions to be about the PCs and their backstories because they could use some fleshing out but I feel it may detract from the Big Bads I've been setting up if we just spend all night learning about Blondie's Corporate family and her amnesia while ignoring the 2operator4u terrorists who just dropped chemical weapons in Kowloon.
>>
>>46468553
>Counts as a sustained spell for spellcasting, though.
Says who?
>>
>>46469365
Says the core book, p.394. Unless I'm misreading badly.
>>
>>46469365
>>46469557
Sustaining is a -2 penalty on all actions for as long as you sustain it, not just for spellcasting.
>>
>>46469569
I lied, Hatefish is correct.
>>
>>46469569
"Sustained powers may be maintained over time at no
effort or cost. Because these powers are innate, the critter
is not subject to any strain or modifiers for keeping
the effect going the way sustained spells do—although
normal sustaining rules apply if the critter casts and
maintains a spell through Sorcery. Even taking damage
will not distract the critter from its ability to sustain. As
with sustained spells, line of sight does not have to be
maintained after the power takes hold of its target. Critters
may sustain a number of powers (or multiple uses of
the same power) at one time equal to their Magic."

Specifies no penalty unless the Sorcery skill is involved. Might be just saying that normal sustained spells impose the normal penalty, but I'd say that sustained powers hit casting, if only to balance mages with a Channelling Ally Spirit down.
>>
Anybody know where the best none Forbidden heavy pistol is or the book its in? I already got an Axe and Sapphire knife
>>
>>46469334
Just like the 5e core suggests, I like to have main campaign sessions & several one-shots scattered between everything.
>>
>>46470073
The best for what purpose? Warhawk has the best raw power, Roomsweeper is basically shotgun, and Savalette Guardian has burst-fire mode.
>>
>>46469687
>>46469687
Does that mean I can just use concealment and then go into VR? It does say I can maintain over time at no effort or cost.
>>
>>46470274
Best stopping power/AP

Also one for concealment
>>
>>46470374
Ruger Super Warhawk.

Colt Agent Special from Gun Heaven 3, it's a light pistol with 8P damage, using heavy pistol ammo and hold-out range.
On the other hand you might just use shocker and you don't even need to hide it.
>>
>>46470374
The Super Warhawk is king.
For concealment the Streetline Special is what I usually go with, though tasers might be a better choice because they're common, don't require a license, and don't leave a mess.
>>
>>46469334
>>46470098
I am hilariously jealous of anyone that can get a whole job done in one session. We're lucky if the planning takes 1 session and the action itself takes 2. How long do you guys generally have your sessions?
>>
>>46470355
No reason you couldn't, yeah. Hell, that might even give you a reason to buy your magic up, assuming you don't cram your brain with cyber or bio or whatever.

>>46470788
Nah, let him have his fun. Everyone's gotta get their kicks somehow. Plus, I get that tripfagging on an anonymous imageboard makes me a cancerous hypocritical douchenozzle, but given that's a fair description of me, I'll take it.
>>
>>46470832
I run on the weekend where everyone can stay for the whole day. One 6-10 hour session a week works well for the group.
>>
>>46470943
The thing about Shadowrun that most people don't realize before actually sitting down to play for the session that a lot of it is in character down-time & planning. Procuring floorplans, scouring information from contacts, searching the matrix. There may be crunchy rules but it doesn't dominate the game.
>>
>>46471002
>I don't want another /k/.

Oh yeah. Anonymous posters are pretty much a minority there these days, it's goddamn disgraceful.
>>
>>46470943
Ours our about 4 hours and done online, so that probably accounts for some of it. Still feels like it takes us forever, though admittedly we're faster with AtoW than we were with out other RPG games.
>>
>>46470814
>>46470724
Thanks guys for the help, I didn't know if any of the other books had better pistols. There is so many books for 5E.
>>
>>46471040
Er, faster with SR than we are with our other RPG games (AToW mainly, though some D&D a few years ago). Utterly butchered the end of that sentence.
>>
>>46471002
Ever since the rise of the general threads, we've been going the way of the /k/. It ain't gonna stop now, and until mods decide to clamp down on it, it ain't gonna stop for a long while. Besides, outside of /srg/, I'm as anon as it comes.

>>46471014
Efficiency's good. Also? Not just hotdogs. I smoke
Now let's get this shitshow back on track. A while back, I had an idea for a thing I now refer to as the "Inhabitation Shuffle". Goes as follows:

1) You get an Ally Spirit with Endowment, Inhabitation and Possession
2) You have the Ally Spirit Possess your body
3) You Astrally Project
4) You let the Ally Spirit Inhabit your body as a Hybrid Form (have it choose to have zero dice on the test, you choose to have zero dice on the test)
5) You have the Ally Spirit grant you access to the Inhabitation power under the pretense of taking on a new body (say an anthroform drone or a troll you've auged up or whatever)
6) You Inhabit your body as a Flesh Form (Ally Spirit uses all it's dice, you choose to have one dice and edge to reroll any ones that come up)
7) You now have permanent, unfetterred access to all of the Ally Spirit's powers
8) ???
9) Profit

Can anyone see any issues with this aside from "You are now target A for all assassination missions ever"?
>>
File: DeckerSlingingFloppyDisksGif.gif (2MB, 386x250px) Image search: [Google]
DeckerSlingingFloppyDisksGif.gif
2MB, 386x250px
>>46470832
I'm in a game that has about 1 legwork session then one session for the actual run, though it does depend greatly on the run. We've had minor runs that are one and done, and larger runs that took about 4 sessions. Our sessions run about 5 hours. Previous games have been a lot less legwork intensive, so we could generally get a full run in a session, but we've moved to the territory where our first plan of attack isn't to go in guns blazing, hence more legwork. Just depends on style really.

(Gif unrelated, I just find it amusing.)
>>
>>46471260
What? If spirit inhabit your body, your mind is destroyed, and I doubt astral projection saves you from that.
Even then, when you inhabit your body again, you gonna destroy your ally spirit.
>>
>>46471396
They'r etalking about Possession, omae. Possession doesn't kill you
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 550x267px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 550x267px
Question - is there a bioware limb replacement for cyberlimbs? Thinking taking a cyberarm off and replacing with cultured vat arm and filling essence hole w other goodies.

Can't find any mention of bio limbs in SR5 core rulebook. Guessing full limbs are probably doable in sixth world even if they don't come with cyber slots/bonuses.
>>
Dumb question, but wouldn't any runner with a lick of sense stop risking their life for spare change on the margins of society and send Ares or one of the other megacorps their resume once they've gotten a few levels under their belt?
>>
>>46471522
They're in Chrome Flesh.
>>
>>46471537
The same reason mercenaries in real life keep doing what they do, idiot.
>>
>>46471537
This can happen, and some do, but there are a multitude of reasons they'd stay freelance, including but not limited to:

- they've seen what corps do
- metahuman prejudice
- lack of freedom and shitty hours: they're called wageSLAVES for a reason it's often not an exaggeration
- mistrust on both sides, a lot of lifetime Corp employees are loyal and indoctrinated
- if you've got the ego to run, you've got the ego to believe you'll make it big
- corps already have HRTs for "above board" ops, mr Johnson likes joe shadowrunner just where he is
>>
>>46471537

>2076
>working for Corps

TOpti Kek
>>
>>46471426
Read whole post. He talks about inhabitation.
>>
>>46471537
Some do, but the game would be pretty boring if the runners had no reason to run, so during chargen I always ask every player for
>The reason they run instead of doing something else
>A long term goal
>2-3 short term goals
>2-3 things they stand for
>2-3 things they hate
It doesn't have to stay set in stone throughout the campaign (and rarely does), but it helps the players focus their characters and flesh them out before getting to the table in a concrete and concise way.
>>
>>46471575
And what the reason? I am honestly interested.
>>
>>46471830
Freedom of choice, better pay (generally, better than a corp sec team but probably less than red samurai), less restriction on what you can and can't do.
>>
>>46471830
They have skills that aren't applicable elsewhere, they enjoy the thrill/job, they are okay with the pay, they don't feel allegiance to any country/corporation, they just want to kill things, etc, etc.

I would say the skills not applicable elsewhere is a big one. If all you know is being an infantryman, or whatever sort of "Street Samurai" you can think of, the job market isn't exactly booming for you.
>>
>>46471803
Saved, useful list thanks anon
>>
>>46471830

Probably because the Shadowrunning lifestyle is inherently addictive and exploitative to the runners. It's a live good live fast lifestyle. You make enough money to keep you going for months if you're smart but you get used to the money, spend big, live well, and burn through your money way faster than you thought you would.

Then you go to work to get more cash. And the cycle continues.

As for using corps for your nuyen fix, it doesn't work. Corps are smart enough to know you're a ticking time bomb. Thry'll either a. Cut all ties from you or b. Keep you on a tight enough leash that you'll lose the freedom that you crave.

Face it Chummer; If you're good enough to run the shadows, it's the only place left for you to go.
>>
>>46471796
Your mind isn't actually present in your body, and whilst damage explicitly carries over, it's the mind that's annihilated, not the soul (which, I believe, is subsumed). It's complicated, line-toeing bullshit that abuses the laws of magic for personal gain, but if that's not what magic is for, I don't know what's wrong with the world.
>>
>>46471896
Anytime friend.
Another optional one is "What connection do you have to 1-2 other party members?" but it's not really necesary.
>>
>>46468699
Is there a troll in your group?
>>
>>46471522
You have two options: The cheap one in nuyen quick-grown from universally compatible cells, but it has a 0.1 essence cost. Or the one cloned from your very own genetic code, expensive but 0.01 essence.

Both options are in Chrome Flesh.
>>
Any glaring issues with my sneaking combat loli?

>Attributes
Bod 5
Agi 7
Rea 6
Str 3
Cha 5
Int 4
Log 2
Wil 3
Edg 3
Mag 6

Init 10+4d6; limits 6, 4, 7

>Skills (skilled only, total pool)

Assensing 7
Automatics 13
Computer 3
Con 7
Demo 3
Disguise 9
Escape Artist 10
Etiquette 8
First Aid 3
Gymnastics 11
Impersonation 7
Locksmith 12
Palming 12
Perception 10
Pilot Ground craft 8
Sneaking 16
Unarmed 8

>Qualities
Agile defender
catlike
Mentor spirit (cat)

Addiction, mild
Allergy, common, mild
Dependent (nuisance)
In debt 2
Neoteny (for loliness!)

>Adept powers
Astral perception
Att. boost AGI 2
Combat sense 2
Imp reflexes 3
Light body 2

She's a bit squishy, but rolls an okay amount of dice with full defense when boosted (19 total). Also she's a bit poor, but I think I got all the necessities covered.
>>
>>46472725

And yeah, I should probably pick some specialisations. I have some karma left over, so I guess I'll do that.
>>
>>46472725

The second rank of Atrribute boost is rarely necessary. It only adds 1 die to your boost pool while doubling the Drain.

You can replace it with something cool like Hang Time for Splinter Cell style ceiling hiding.
>>
>>46472979

I'll consider that, thank you kindly.

Figuring out the most important abilities in a list of goodies is always the hardest part for me.
>>
>>46472725
2 ranks in attribute boost is wasted, one is enough. If you have 3000 nuyen and 2 karma left, take a Qi Focus for rank 1 Attribute Boost (Agi), get rid of the rank 2 power and one rank of Combat Sense; and take Improved Physical Attribute (AGI) rank 1 with your PP.
>>
>>46473020

I always considered improved physical attribute a waste of PP since there's so many powers that let you do things that would otherwise be impossible. And the only way I would have 3000 extra cash to spend on qi foci is if I sold her bike... And she needs a bike. Hell, every shadowrunner needs a bike.
>>
>>46473103
The groups I've played with tend to disagree

I am almost always the only one with a ride.
>>
>>46473134

H-how do they manage to move around?

I'd hate it if my character was dependant on the team's rigger/whoever has the wheels.
>>
>>46473103
>>46473134
I remember my first game when I insisted I need a fucking bike even if we were supposed to use rigger's van all the time.
>>
>>46473103
>I always considered improved physical attribute a waste of PP

Unless you want to sacrifice some Essence for 'ware, it's really not. In your case, it would boost all your main dicepools without sacrificing anything.

>every shadowrunner needs a bike.
You know where thst first payday is going, omae.
>>
>>46473103

Alternatively, find room for Traceless Walk, which is incredibly useful for sneaksters.

>>46473134
>>46473149

My current character gets around the "I don't have a car" issue with a bus pass and the ability to jog ~35 miles per hour.
>>
>>46473149
They either try and hitch a ride with the dude who only owns a motorcycle (Me) or they take the bus/call a taxi/walk
>>
>>46473160

From a purely minmaxing standpoint, that's true, but when you consider the characters as individuals I think it's pretty unlikely that they'd like not having access to a personal vehicle.

>>46473174
>Alternatively, find room for Traceless Walk, which is incredibly useful for sneaksters.

I actually took traceless walk down to make room for imp reflexes 3. I know it's nice to have... But is it as important as 1+1d6 initiative?

>>46473171

>it would boost all your main dicepools without sacrificing anything.
Well, it would sacrifice the bike. And the bike has to stay.

>You know where thst first payday is going, omae.
A qi focus!

>>46473205

That sounds really inconvenient.
>>
>>46473283
>That sounds really inconvenient.
Eh, it's never been a problem so far because, over the course of 3 GMs, it was always glossed over
>>
>>46473313

My autism would flare up really fast if that happened with my group.

Sure they're a group, but they aren't always together. And especially when doing legwork, having access to multiple vehicles could come up really handy.
>>
>>46473326
Usually they stretch their legs to do the legwork.

It does help, though, that, so far, 2 out of 3 of these games got about one or two runs in before they collapsed. Online games are fun like that
>>
>>46473283
>A qi focus!

That works too. Just don't forget to keep 2 Karma points to bind it.
>>
>>46472725
First Aid is wasted on your character. Just buy a rating 6 medpack and let it work autonomously, it'll have a bigger dicepool than you using it.

Put that point into Negotiations instead. It'll allow to find and buy basic things on your own and only bother the face/your contacts for the really important (and rare/illegal) stuff.
>>
>>46473352

Yeah, online games with randoms are always the greatest.

>>46473371

So if I'm dropping attribute boost in favour of something else, what do you think I could use? Or are you still advocating dropping one rank of Combat Sense to grab imp agility?

>>46473399

Isn't a rating 6 medpack a duffel-pack sized? Seems a bit hard to 1) get on the bike and 2) drag with you when you're sneakstering about.
>>
>>46473442
>Isn't a rating 6 medpack a duffel-pack sized?

That was in 4e, I think. Now it's small enough to be implanted in a cyberlimb.
>>
>>46473502

In that case, good call. I'll move the point over.

I had a rating 4 medpack, I'll pump that up a couple of notches and the dicepool will stay the same.
>>
File: Bullets and Bandages.jpg (104KB, 589x331px) Image search: [Google]
Bullets and Bandages.jpg
104KB, 589x331px
>>46473502
That depends on if you're using the expanded bullets and bandages rules or not, I believe.
>>
>>46473502
Bullets and Bandages. 4th/5th mixed optional rules. Saviour medkit avoids that.
>>
>>46473523
Remind me, what /is/ the point of the B&B advanced medkits for anybody who doesn't need to play field surgeon simulator 2075? It seems like a lot of money for very situational equipment. The average person's just going to get an R6 medkit and get the exact same first aid bonus.
>>
>>46471556
>>46472703
Thanks anons, I don't have Chrome Flesh yet guess that's next on the shopping list!
>>
>>46473552

Well, I'd say the characters get the bonus to skill specifically because of the field surgeon simulator 2075 features the r6 medpacks offer.
>>
File: after_dark_by_demorta-d7oll2g.jpg (446KB, 1024x1612px) Image search: [Google]
after_dark_by_demorta-d7oll2g.jpg
446KB, 1024x1612px
How long have implanted control rigs existed for?
>>
>>46473518
Also keep in mind in a pinch you may not have a medkit. Ultimately your team will always have their gear on them - but just as it never hurts to drop points into unarmed combat, you'll be thankful someone has first aid to improvise with torn rags when you're bleeding out from a bar ghost bite naked in a Corp holding cell (I mean this has happened to everyone, right guys…?)
>>
>>46473651
*er that should be barghest not bar ghost. Although I hear Spirits of Whiskey have a mean set of jaws.
>>
>>46473442
>Or are you still advocating dropping one rank of Combat Sense to grab imp agility?

I would but if you want more utility powers, I'd suggest Analytics, Facial Sculpt, Linguistics, Melanin Control and/or Nimble Fingers.
>>
Can you turn a dead or comatose guy into a biodrone?
>>
>>46473651
Aye, but a base dicepool of 3 is useless due to the -3 modifier of not having supplies. You'll either need a 'pro' with good base dicepool or a lucky guy with tons of edge to succeed in such cases.
>>
>>46473689

I was actually considering Facial sculpt, because it would probably be in her best interests to appear dwarflike some times. I really wouldn't like to drop any defense dice to get them, though, since she IS squishy and her main form of defense is to not get hit. But I think I could drop the agi boost.

>>46473651

Yeah, that's why I initially decided to grab first aid, and also why I put the token point into unarmed to prevent defaulting. Can't take all of it though, unless you have suggestions as to what I could be toning down to free up points.
>>
>>46473560
Not for nothing, but a link to download a .pdf of it is in the pastebin up top in the OP.

By all means, do buy it. But you can read it now if you wanted to
>>
>>46473780
Facial Sculpt is 0.25PP/rank, so you can drop one of Agi Boost and get one. Drop the second one for Nimble Fingers and get Agi boost with a focus.

Attribute Boost powers are better as a focus because they're activate-when-needed powers. And there's no drawback to activating a power from a Focus rather than your dumb self.
>>
>>46473873

I actually already took hang time, so I only had .25 free after dropping agi boost. Which I used to pick facial sculpt.
>>
>>46473780
>Yeah, that's why I initially decided to grab first aid

I'll be blunt, but one token rank is completely wasted with your 2 LOG.

A Rating 6 medkit costs 1500 nuyen, every fucking one should have (more than) one in their gear. If you have access to the medkit everyone should be carrying, just let it do its job on its own.

If you're in a situation where you cannot use your medkit then you're fucked, whether defaulting to a dicepool of 1 or having a base of 3 with your token rank. You get back to 0 due to the -3 modifier of not having supplies in both cases and your Edge pool of 3 is insufficient to push your dicepool enough to get the 3 hits necessary to stabilize someone. Either let someone skilled handle it or burn an Edge to get 4 hits and save your chummer's life.
>>
>>46474057
>A Rating 6 medkit costs 1500 nuyen, every fucking one should have (more than) one in their gear.
Which is equivalent to saying, "everyone should be carrying a pile of medical equipment either the size of a briefcase or duffel bag."

Most of the time you won't, and the saviour medkit's single dose of nanites plus expert system (think holo projector with Clippy the coat-hangar shaped medical assistant) will do the trick.
>>
>>46474413
>Most of the time you won't

I beg to differ but even if you rely on a Savior Medkit, the reasoning is the same. No need for the 'first aid' skill whatsoever.
>>
>>46474515
What I meant to say was, "most of the time you won't want to".

>every fucking one should have (more than) one in their gear
That's a lot of shit for everyone to carry. Unless the GM complains, a dose of nanites which will keep helping you vs new injuries over multiple minutes can fit in a tooth compartment.

Also, I've never argued for First Aid on dumb characters. They'll die when the Wi-Fi noise amps up & the medkit stops working by itself (Saviour will still slow overflow), but otherwise Medicine will offer the same chance of diagnosis, and allow them to heal faster in down time.
>>
>>46474595
>a dose of nanites can fit in a tooth compartment.

Where did you get that from? As described on page 152:
>Typically, nanotech that comes in doses or applications are available in gel suspension or aerosol in one-liter airtight containers.

Arguably smaller than a medkit, but a little big for a tooth/fingertip compartment.
>>
Having just binged through all of Shadowrun Storytime, I just want to say Twodee if you're here, that story was awesome.
>>
Are chemical weapons the biggest dick moves you can pull on your players? It seems like it from what I'm reading here. This shit is fucking lethal!
>>
>>46475503
Depends. Big Game Hunter with environmental sealing provides perfect protection from this shit and it's generally pretty good armor for combat missions.
>>
>>46468058

So, this is a good bit late and may not be seen by you, but here's a way to do some solo matrix hiding as a rigger.

First, using skills or nuyen get enough parts to give your RCC a Sleaze rating of one. This isn't important and be replaced with another module, but it's there to keep you from being stripped of all your Sleaze if your RCC eats an unlucky Crash Program.

Now, I want to say that an RCC can run a number of cyberprograms equal to half it's device rating, and I think I believed that before R5.0, so I could be quite wrong after R5.0 or getting it from somewhere else.

Now the next bits depend on if you're going to have one drone that you're going to be nearby (say within ten meters) or if you're going to be running a fleet.

If you're running just one nearby, then shell out seventy to eighty nuyen for more than ten meters of data cable, and put as many of Encryption, Smoke and Mirrors (at 5), and Stealth on your RCC as you can. Use that 14+ meters of data cable to get a direct connection and don't worry about the noise. You could put some of your RCC's device rating towards noise reduction if you're also going to use a drone or two to spot, but you may just want to take a turn out to lower Noise with your RCC and Electronic Warefare especially with a lower device rating RCC.

Now, for a fleet, you won't want to max out Smoke and Mirrors unless you can put on Signal Scrub and have an actual Datajack. (Despite the book's words, the cable you got is only like a free Datajack in that it's a meter thing that lets you make direct connections.)

Together that's three noise reduction in good circumstances (or most if you could get a better than standard grade datajack) so you won't have to put quite as much of your RCC's device rating towards Noise Reduction.

And if I'm wrong and an RCC can run programs equal to device rating, then even better.
>>
>>46475767
RCCs have a combined noise reduction & cyber program total equal to their device rating. The real question is how many autosifts they can run.
>>
>>46475824
Autosoft counts as a Cyberprogram in this case.

For more noise reduction, get antennae and a Fresnel fabric coat.
>>
>>46475838
Is there printed word that says so, or are you taking it on faith?
>>
>>46475824
>>46475838
Page 267 does definitely say that Sharing and Noise Reduction combined equals Device Rating, and the rules for drones running their own programs on says that drones can run half Device Rating in autosofts and cyberprograms, it'd be nice for it to be explicit.

Especially as p267 pretty much says that you can use the RCC's sharing to give a drone autosofts while having the drones run half their device rating in cyberprograms.

Oh, and the definition of sharing says that it's only for autosofts, so that could complicate things more. I'm not sure. Lemme get my soykaf.
>>
>>46474817
>Typically
Most nanoware systems last a whole week. Saviour lasts five minutes.
>>
>>46475912
I got it backwards then. nvm
>>
For some reason our DM let a guy in our group play a 16 year old schoolgirl. We all hate it and the DM doesn't know why he agreed to it. We like the guy OOCly though and it's becoming increasingly difficult to manufacture reasons a team of experienced runners would let some little fucking girl (playing a rigger incidentally) on runs.

What the fuck can we do? Easiest way is saying IC "we're not taking the kid on runs" and having the DM tell them to reroll. At the same time it's kind of mean and we do like the guy, especially since he also DMs for us elsewhere and this is the first time he's done anything this questionable.
>>
>>46476023
Pull the guy aside and say dude you are creeping us out in a somewhat non judgmental way and ask that he move the PC to NPC status.
>>
>>46476023
I mean, I don't like the idea of kid runners but it is a thing in the setting. One of the writer's pet runners, /dev/grrl, is I believe a sixteen year old elf decker. She's a shitty character, but your characters maybe don't need to dismiss her ENTIRELY out of hand? The rest of the team should still take every opportunity to call her 'kid' and stuff.
And if you guys actually like the player then you could give him a couple sessions to see where he's going with this.
>>
>>46476023

1) IC-wise, can she pull her weight? If yes, who gives a shit? It's not like Runners are moral agents anymore; they'd work alongside a literal cannibal rapist baby if they were professional and capable.

2) If it's purely an OOC objection, talk to him OOC you fucking dumbshits. "Hey your character makes us kinda uncomfortable / clashes with the tone of the game." The thing about friendly groups that aren't composed of dysfunctional autists is that they can say things like that without either side descending into a spergfit.
>>
>>46476023
If it really bothers you guys that much, just take the player aside and tell him.

If all you need is a valid reason to take a child on a run, she's got skills that the group need (rigging in this case) and she's trustworthy. Money has no odor, as the French say.
>>
>>46476023
Meanwhile our party is fine with taking a fifteen year old mage to runs because mages don't grow on trees, omae. If she can do the job and isn't a liability, then she's in.

Rethink why your runners wouldn't allow her to go on runs, when her other options are probably prostitution or other sort of unsavoury activities.
>>
>>46476073
Oh yeah, she can pull her weight, but the fallout for being discovered would be much worse and potentially cause huge issues from an IC perspective (for more than just my character too) if they were found shadowrunning with schoolgirls. It's kind of creepy OOC too but as that one anon said at least it wouldn't be the first very young runner in the group.
>>
>>46476135
Explaining how a high magic 15 year old isn't in corp custody is kinda a challenge. Basically mages are incredibly rare and almost everyone gets recruited by megas.

At 15 it's kinda hard to explain why she quit a corp high school to run the shadows.
>>
>>46475958
So? Do you have any source supporting your statement that a Savior Medkit fits into a tooth compartment at all?
>>
>>46476195

Well, depends what country she's from.

If she's from Tir nAh Nog or Australia that's a lot less likely due to much weaker mega control.
>>
>>46476195
Because being a slave fucking sucks, and if she were smart, she'd run the fuck away before she got scouted.

Corp mages are wagemages....but that doesn't necessarily mean they aren't considered property and kept under a very, very close watch. As in, "you do as we say or bad things happen to you" type watch.
>>
>>46476452
The cage is gilded for mages, but the corps have very persuasive methods.

"Do exactly as we say and in exchange, we provide for your family." can be surprisingly effective.
>>
>>46476520
This is exact reason why should kill your relatives first.
>>
>>46476531
Keyser Soze was simply the first and best runner role model.
>>
>>46476520
Exactly. That's how most shadowrunners get their starts how how corps often exchange middle management.

"Whoops, that mage we were scouting didn't exactly like our offer."
"Net result?"
"We have openings for fifteen security, six asset collection, and three management positions open."
"....oh."
>>
>>46476400
Again, "typically". ie; not always.

If looking for something more specific, there's the hard-core aspie 'doses and applications'covers a lot of listed nano gear, but not medkit 'supplies'.
>>
>>46476195
>Explaining how a high magic 15 year old isn't in corp custody is kinda a challenge
Mage.
>At 15 it's kinda hard to explain why she quit a corp high school to run the shadows
Corps killed her parents and she ran away, duh.

How is any OTHER mage not able to be in a corp?

Besides, we were originally talking about a 16 year old rigger, not a mage, which is much easier to explain.
>>
>>46475908
It's not that hard: Core pg. 267 explains you can "split" the RCC's device rating over slots for autosofts and noise reduction.

Page 269 lists some cyberprograms that a RCC can run in one of its slots (with the caveat it's a Rigger only version and he can't just grab it from his hacker pal's deck.)

The only thing that is unclear is whether drones slaved to the RCC benefit from such programs like they would from genuine autosofts.
>>
>>46476195
Grew up in barrens, SINless, bam.
Unless in shadowrun your corps have teams of mages going around anarchy ridden streets assensing everything.
>>
Hey, are there any groups trying to put the two American successor governments back together, take back the west from ghost Indians or whatever the fuck happened there and Make America Great Again?
>>
>>46476884
>implying that's not literally canon
"Yo, we've got medicine and huge fucking guns to defend it, just submit your firstborn to vaccination and we'll also hand over food and a shoe."
>>
>>46476884
It would make sense for such headhunters/bounty hunters to exist, search out promising younglings a corp could recruit.

Wiz-gangs where most members are a thing, there'd be a pool of potential candidates at least.
>>
>>46476970
Went a little fast there, it should read:
Wiz-gangs where most members *are Awakened* are a thing.
>>
>>46476989
Most wiz gangs are aspected magicians and adepts of low magic.

Like 1-2 magic shitty kiddie wizards. Useful but extremely limited assets for corps to recruit. Even then most wizkids go legit because even a low magic drekhead typically makes 100k a year as a wage mage.
>>
>>46476860
The first half I won't argue as it was basically the thrust of why I said it should be made explicit.

But as to the second half, keep in mind that helpful has expanded a bit. But only a bit. Most of others are not that useful outside special builds.

Like, if you are Max Will, Dwarf Cyber-Singularty Seeking Rigger, you might be able to get good use out of Blackout or Biofeedback.

People probably learn to not use Attack actions on you and be careful of Sleaze actions too.
>>
>>46477082

Oh, definitely. There wouldn't be a lot of talent to recruit, but having someone keep an eye out would make sense.
>>
>>46476581
So no source whatsoever, as expected. Carry on sperging.
>>
>>46477145
>Carry on sperging.
Right back at you, m7.

No source would be "cos I wot sed it", not "this is technically RAW, because ..."
>>
>>46477105
>>46477082
And this is how it's so simple to do.

Couple of elfs in the slums shit out a high magic rating kid, plan to sell them off to a corp for a fuckload of money, gangers find out and kill the parents and try to grab the kid. In the ensuing fallout the kid gets away who so far understand everyone's been trying to sell her to the corps and so it's the corps fault everything has been terrible and bam, instant shadowrunner material.
>>
>>46477268
And it keeps spouting on its opinions like they were somehow true. Amazing!
>>
>>46477470
>>46477268
Both of you sound like passive aggressive cunts.
>>
>>46476581
>Again, "typically". ie; not always.
I think you need to prove that the savior differs from other nanite systems for that argument to work. The major intent behind that rather mangled sentence seems to be that they come as an aerosol or gel solution, not that their mass is a flexible unit.
If the 1-litre unit of solution is a standard for most other nanogear and 1 tooth compartmentful of savior is enough to do the whole job, wouldn't it make sense to have the savior kit use the standard connector and just include however many units of the nanites for multiple applications?
>>
So, what are the legal statuses of HMHVV victims? There are advocacy groups, relief camps and shit in the fluff, so I presume it's not necessarily firing squad as soon as you're infected, but at the same time there are bounties on a lot of them and some pieces of fluff seem to indicate that you'll get your ass got if you walk around town with your ghouly bits showing.
>>
>>46477921
Depends on what part of the world you're in. (Yeah, it's vague, I know.)

Very generally speaking, "civilized" places have open bounties on Infected. But then you have the outliers like the Ghoul Kingdom in Africa where ghouls actually rule.
>>
>>46477921
From what I remember, it's really friggin' lucrative to hunt Ghouls. I think they say that the bounty for ghouls of any type is something like 10k nuyen. That's a down payment of a brand new car. Kill a couple of 'em and live cozy for a couple of months.

I had a friend play a character that was essentially a monster hunter. He was a stealth bastard, so he would often times gank his targets. It got him a lot of money, but that may have just been his DM wanting to toss money around.
>>
I'm playing Shadowrun Dragonfall. Human street samurai. I'm trying to figure out what cyberware I want to shoot for. I know I want a datajack so I can use a smart gun, but other than that I'm kinda lost.

Here's a list of what made it into the game. Figure you could point me in the right direction?

http://shadowrun.gamepedia.com/Cyberware
>>
>>46478486
You don't really need to have a specific build path in SR:DF but I'm going to tell you right now that unless you want to shoot your way through every situation you're going to want
>High charisma to be a face (since noone else can do it)
>Decking skills so you can hack stuff

For street sam WR is really good (or whichever one it is that gives you an extra action phase) and stuff that boosts quickness, I guess
>>
>>46478537
I didn't really like the decker character I used for the original campaign, but I'll make sure I have a healthy charisma score. Thanks for the heads-up.
>>
>>46476948
New Revolution is the most famous- they are suspected of involvement in Crash 2.0, as they immediately acted in the aftermath, assassinating UCAS President Haeffner and some other key personnel in the UCAS and CAS, as well as turning several military units, before order was restored. They are being hunted down with extreme prejudice now.
>>
>>46478603
>the original campaign
You mean Returns?
Decking and jackpoints are a lot more common in DF, but you can just bring along your decker buddy instead., charisma is probably more important.
>>
>>46478626
Dead man's switch, I think it was called?
>>
>>46477921

Okay so HMHVV is basically treated kinda like super AIDS during the 80s right? With the added issues of a potential body count and threats to public safety in a hyper stylized gritty cyberpunk world. So we extrapolate.

There is no cure for this shit. A Pharmacorp might have pills to help "prolong quality of life" but it's probably a placebo and probably even buying that shit immediately puts you on about 6 separate watch lists from corps that want to dissect you, police that want to detain you, oganisations that want to kill you, and clever Deckers that want to collect a bounty on you.

There are probably a couple support groups for you but they're probably just another form of control for at best part of the system too or, at worst, some vindictive, opportunistic anti-ghoul policlub.

So if you get infected you CAN "do the right thing" but that's a fast track to a really shitty death. The best thing to do is run, and hide in the Barrens of society. To eventually kill for essence and continue the cycle all over again.
>>
>>46478537
Datajack in head, alpha vision magnification in eyes, adrenal contracor in body, muscle augmentation in both arms and enhanced articulations in both legs.

And then specialize in assault rifles and full auto everything forever while laughing.
>>
>>46477921
>>46478651

But to finally answer your question, legally either you report having HMHVV and then "something" happens to you and you disappear from the grid, or you run and ditch your old life and live off the grid. Either way you vanish. So no, not really any special legal status.
>>
>>46478626
Dead Man's Switch is the original set in Seattle.
DragonFall is the second in Germany.
Hong Kong is the third one set in in New Zealand.
>>
>>46478746
No wired reflexes?
>>
>>46478753

Yeah it's set in a cool fictional city in New Zealand called Hong Kong, which separated from China around 2032 and with its cabal of Mages actually PHYSICALLY telepathically lifted Hong Kong and dropped it in New Zealand.
>>
>>46478814
Adrenal Contractor gives you +1AP for 3 turns. Wired Reflexes allow you to dodge the first attack against you each turn.

Both are good, but I'd rather have 4AP on my own and have Dietrich boost Eiger to 4AP/turn as well.
>>
File: 1442377293248.jpg (103KB, 502x616px) Image search: [Google]
1442377293248.jpg
103KB, 502x616px
>>46478821
>can't tell if missed the joke, or is trying to perpetuate it
>>
File: image.jpg (363KB, 1000x1524px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
363KB, 1000x1524px
>>46478753
>>
>>46478879

Logic is your dump stat ain't it?
>>
File: Raise Some Pulses.jpg (15KB, 385x257px) Image search: [Google]
Raise Some Pulses.jpg
15KB, 385x257px
>>46478910
everything is my dump stat
>>
>>46478877

That sounds like some mad Operating there.

Checked, nice dubs
>>
>>46477803
Eh. Since I decided to wait for errata before buying another book, I don't feel like I have to do much of anything. (Thanks, CGL)

CF does make it clear that doses of varying size (& presumably concentration for those who don't want to inject a bag of sand) are possible. (142 on doses, 140 for the large red header "putting sand back in the veins")
>>
>>46480102
Remember, son, don't respond to tripshits.
>>
>>46480168
pretty sure that's the tripshit who makes chummer, omae
>>
>>46480168
>>46480227

Tripshits who contribute positively to the toxic srtg community receive special treatment.
>>
>>46480168
(You)
>>
>>46480538
Correct.
>>
>>46480102
None of wich is referring to nanogear or relevant to it. But, please, keep grasping at straws and make a fool of yourself.
Thread posts: 337
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.