[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would be some cultural and industrial traits a society of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (254KB, 1800x968px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
254KB, 1800x968px
What would be some cultural and industrial traits a society of snake people need/should have? Pic is the kind of snake people I'm talking about.
>>
>>46446433

No shoes for one.

Stairs would probably be straight verticle pillars.
>>
>>46446485
What would be a good show substitute for creatures without feet? I can't imagine it feels pleasant to slither on gravel with a unprotected tail.
>>
>>46446530
Shoe*
Fuck.
>>
I would imagine that columns would be seen as a massive architecture weak-point because anyone in their society could easily scale the building to the roof. Scratch that, it would be seen as a great strategies advantage during warfare between different species inside cities.
>>
How would a race of all carnivores work?
>>
>>46446530
That's what scales are for.
>>
File: Chryssalid.gif (12KB, 155x200px) Image search: [Google]
Chryssalid.gif
12KB, 155x200px
>>46446433
A propensity for genetic engineering
>>
>>46446958
Agriculture would only exist insomuch as to sustain herd animals.
>>
>>46446433
Culturally? I've always pictured Naga and other snake-people as Indian.
>>
>>46446433
Check out some Yuan-Ti books for some ideas.

The most obvious points would be a lack of stairs - either using ramps, for conventional construction, or some other surface that can be slithered up - and the use of oils, assuming the snake people have a need for oiling. Some might not, but if they do, then rubbing a large section of skin against hard ground/rock is going to be aggravating.

Also, either no cold climate or some sort of tail insulator. You can't just give them a dress, because their tail will be rubbing along the snow and frozen ground. I'd imagine just a thick layer of cloth, although moving around might be difficult for them.

Other thoughts to consider is that their center of balance is considerably different from a biped (or a quadruped). Namely, over half their mass stays in their tail and so their center of balance is mostly stationary while moving around. This would mean a snake-person could dodge and weave with their upper body quite well, along with having far greater reach than a human. I would suspect that polearms would be even more important to them than with standard humanoids, along with any weapons which make use of a good swing. (Snake people could sway their body for a much greater swing.) Also, given the larger base, snake people would probably have more room to maneuver larger weaponry, meaning that polearms would be more practical even with "in close" combat.

Grappling would clearly be a thing which snake people do, possibly in warfare but certainly as a sport and pasttime. Venom and other poisons would be considered much more casually than in other cultures; poison would still be considered an assassination tool, but also potentially a hunting tool and a natural (but dangerous) weapon rather than the complete evil that humanity might think of it. If the snake people have any other natural abilities, like hypnotism or petrification, then those would probably be considered in the same light.
>>
>>46446958
Nomadic hunters.

Agriculture would be basically impossible to sustain settlements on.
>>
>>46449190
I've had orcs who were carnivores in one setting, and yes, wandering tribes was the way to deal with the diet restriction.

Mind you, half-orcs were omnivores and so they had a number of permanent settlements where half-orcs and traders lived, and where the orcs would stay for a few days. But for the most part, the carnivores needed to stay in motion and keep the hunt going to avoid running out of food.
>>
>>46449272
That makes a whole lotta sense and I like it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.