[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Full spoilers are up. Talk about your jank combos here. ht

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 430
Thread images: 59

File: soi-devilspam.png (486KB, 795x370px) Image search: [Google]
soi-devilspam.png
486KB, 795x370px
Full spoilers are up.

Talk about your jank combos here.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-image-gallery/shadowsoverinnistrad
>>
>>46244932
is now myth realized's time to shine!??
>>
>>46244932
You're aware that you'd have to pay 8 or 12, right?
>>
Judging this set by the lastes commons and uncommons... (just how you should evaluate every set)

what's the verdict?

so far I am rather impressed by some commons and uncommons

if they step this up in the next set we are in for some busted shit
>>
I am super hype for this set. If Ludevic gets a card in Eldritch Moon, I am completely satisfied with the block.
>>
File: loamdryad.jpg (45KB, 265x370px)
loamdryad.jpg
45KB, 265x370px
Hey guys we have 1CMC mana dork back, too bad it's shit.
>>
>>46245087
Have a transform card featuring Geralf on one side and Ludevic on the other with them being back to back on the art.
>>
>>46245085
I am actually quite exited and have not felt that in a while from set
>>
File: cryptolithrite.jpg (42KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
cryptolithrite.jpg
42KB, 265x370px
>>46245098
but anon everything is a mana dork
>>
>>46245098
Eh it is a springleaf drum on body.
Could be worse.
>>
>>46245118
Actually, yeah this make any one drop into a mana dork. But I guess only so in the same way that shitty haste elf in BFZ block was a one drop elf. It taps the same turn but you don't actually get to cast your 3 drop on turn 2.
>>
>>46245118

HELLO, green token ramp.
>>
>>46245118

That card seens deceptively strong
>>
>>46245085
I don't get how people are saying BFZ's commons and uncommons were weak. They were power creeped as all fuck. As all fuck.

Look at Stone Golem compared to Kozilek's Channeler or Bonebreaker Giant to Cinder Hellion or Charging Rhino compared to Tajuru Pathwarden.
>>
File: 1458922143267.png (175KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
1458922143267.png
175KB, 265x370px
>Dat Phi
>>
File: en_IaOe8tLhpU.png (171KB, 265x370px)
en_IaOe8tLhpU.png
171KB, 265x370px
I dig this
>>
>>46245164
I love the designs of cathars in Innistrad.
>That double ended handheld crossbow with 4 arrows in it
What a master
>>
File: calm down.jpg (69KB, 242x439px) Image search: [Google]
calm down.jpg
69KB, 242x439px
>>46245162
>destroy artifact
>>
>>46245043
>tfw monk avatar and not spirit monk
I'm sure the uw spirits deck in ffl was broken by rattlechains saving myth
>>
>>46245164
>demands answer
>but then you have a flying 5/3 for 3
Delightful
>>
>>46245162
I seriously can't tell what's supposed to be going on the picture, regardless of whether it's supposed to resemble a phyrexian symbol or not.
>>
>>46245215
It doesnt attach itself automatically to the spirit, if i read this corretly.
>>
>>46245234
Guy busting down the door is rooting out heresy
>>
>>46245118
Oh wow. That's a new staple for green commander decks, and it might even see play elsewhere.

Also, the 3/2 Haste werewolf in red that, once flipped, makes werewolves ETB transformed seems kind of great. Anyone else thinking Aether Vial Werewolves could be fun?
>>
>>46245261
No

The three was the equip cost
>>
>>46245103
That would be pretty badass. The evil scientist tag team buffing your zombies and stripping all graveyards for parts to magnificent freaks.
>>
>>46245234
red herring, WOTC is leaving subtle evidence of

>Emrakul
>Marit Lage
>phyrexia

to drive the theorists mad and fight each other on who is here causing a ruckus.
>>
>>46245265
Oh, I kinda get it more but still don't quite get what the heck it's depicting. I thoguht it was showing the guy attaching the rock to the symbol of Avacyn is disenchant it, but that makes more sense I guess. I still don't know what the heck it's actually showing, though. Even if it's meant to look like a phi, what the heck is it?
>>
>>46245318
A heretical artifact
>>
File: SOI.png (2MB, 1060x1106px) Image search: [Google]
SOI.png
2MB, 1060x1106px
Stuff that caught my attention:
>two Auras for W and 1U that go great in Enchantment Creature decks
>Inquisitor has synergy with WR Equips, might be too slow though
>Empty the Armory is fantastic
>Lili's Indignation has good synergy with Gitgud Frog, Crawling Sensation, the black "exile this card from a graveyard: put a Zombie token into play" creatures, and even more stuff outside Standard
>Cryptolith Rite is bananas. WBRG Brood Displacer is now even more viable
>>
>>46245342
Open the Armory is definitely going into a commander deck. It's worse than Steelshaper's Gift for searching equipment which is generally better than auras but it's still cheap enough.

I can also imagine quite a mean curve in standard with Weapons Trainer into Militant Acquisition.
>>
>>46245342
>>Cryptolith Rite is bananas. WBRG Brood Displacer is now even more viable

I shall make a prediction.
When SOI hits standard there will be judge calls when people try to cast anus mana needing eldrazi with Cryptolith Rite.
>>
>>46245342
I do like dual shot fairly well, especially if you can have harness the storm out, you should be able to do a fair amount of control with it.
>>
File: vamp_cleric.jpg (290KB, 907x1191px)
vamp_cleric.jpg
290KB, 907x1191px
>>46245299
If it turns out to be something new or something they never conceived of, the chaos and backpedaling will be immense.

I'm just gonna sit back and watch the show. This is shaping up to be pretty good. A dozen questions and a lot of supposed answers for those with too many options and invested secret hopes in being right about what's gnawing at them. Can't wait to see what Stromkirk is worshiping.

Gotta be nastier than Gitrog or just some demon.
>>
first try at U/W tempo.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/25-03-16-azb-uw-tempo/
do i need to make room for counterspells? I think I might have too much removal
>>
>>46245390
Also the art on Open the Armory is so over the top it's hilarious. What is he even carrying on his shoulders? It looks like a giant bazooka that shoots bear traps. And the jagged cleaver thing is funny too.
>>
>>46245395
>there will be judge calls when people try to cast anus mana needing eldrazi with Cryptolith Rite
Oh God you're right

Fuck
>>
>>46245342
Ghostly Wings is a reprint, dummy.
>>
>>46245443
that staff has an angry face for the head
>>
>>46245443
i cant imagine how its not emerakul at this point

Red/purple tentacles and fleshy lattices
>>
>>46245443
Nahiri is trying to call Emrakul, but she wakes up a moon monster by mistake

It scares away Emrakul, Nahiri is like OH SHIT, Sorin and Nahiri die suicide-attacking moon monster to death
>>
>>46245475
no it's nevinyrral
>>
>>46245395
If one forgets that colorless ain't a color, then yeah. Best to keep some spawn or somesuch around for your glass mana needs. Lest you not be able to cast some shit.
>>
>>46245475
Mulder, come on. Everything doesn't lead to your extra-planar world eating aliens. There were horrors with tentacles an extra mouths before you heard of Eldrazi. Now go on and get some rest. Maybe your fears and nightmares will stop coming to life if you get a good night sleep.
>>
File: en_ZvI67F6rE2.png (198KB, 265x370px)
en_ZvI67F6rE2.png
198KB, 265x370px
So if a player has 3 infectious curses on them and I cast avacyn's judgement for its madness cost and hit the opponent with one damage does that mean I can deal 4 damage to their creatures or them for 1R?
>>
>>46245639
Yes
>>
File: 1458190678167.jpg (256KB, 768x432px)
1458190678167.jpg
256KB, 768x432px
This is what I have so far

4 Falkenrath Gorger
4 Heir of Falkenrath
3 Olivia
3 Drana
4 Bloodseeker
3 Incorrigible Youths
4 Indulgent Aristocrat

4 lightning axe
4 fiery temper
4 sinister concoction

4 foreboding ruins
4 smoldering marsh
2 cinder barrens
7 swamp
6 mountain

Trying to fit in Stensia Masquerade for dat first strike action, as well as Insolent Neonate for a one drop, and lastly Bloodmad Vampire coz 4 damage is hot. Just don't know what to take out.
>>
>>46245475
>i cant imagine how its not emerakul at this point
because emrakul doesn't have a monopoly on tentacles? because emrakul has nothing to do with the seas, where things are apparently going down? because emrakul kills/brainwashes things too fast to develop cults? because emrakul isn't kozilek and thus doesn't cause madness aside from aforementioned brainwashing?
>>
>>46245500
No, it's Larry Niven.
>>
>>46245638
Shut up Dana, you beautiful, intelligent woman you.
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 720x480px
>>46245712
No, it's Red Herring.
>>
>>46245475
>>46245477
My theory at this point is that, yes, it is Emrakul, but her appearance was unintentional.

>Nahiri creates cryptoliths to distort flow of plane's red? mana and make Avacyn crazy
>makes everybody else crazy too, apparently
>Sorin kills Avacyn, gets mad
>Nahiri and her cults get into a fight with Sorin and his vampires
>Jace and Tamiyo are busy trying to handle damage control and get people to calm down, holy fuck

>ELDRITCH MOON
>SUDDENLY AN EMRAKUL, DRAWN BY THE CRYPTOLITH MANA
>everyone on the plane collectively shits their pants
>Ugin shows up because lolwhynot
>Planeswalkers all team up to beat Emmy, Ugin stops them because Emmy is Ugin's waifu and he doesn't want her to die
>only thing big/powerful enough to seal her in is the moon
>Now whenever there's a full moon people go batshit, but hey, once a month is better than all the time, right?
also a Blood Moon "reprint" that doesn't hate on just islands
>>
>>46245773
I kinda wonder, do we have a list of fanfics like this for every first set release? How many of them ended up being even partially right?
>>
>>46245773
>people go crazy once a month
A monthly purge sounds kewl
>>
>>46245773
Not sure why I thought Blood Moon destroyed islands. Either way, Blood Moon "reprint".
>>
File: en_URnOmLJMNG.png (164KB, 265x370px)
en_URnOmLJMNG.png
164KB, 265x370px
geralf and ludevic: gay... or super gay?

seriously if it turns out ludevic's just trying to trick him i'm gonna go apeshit
>>
>>46245797
People were calling Shadows Over Innistrad with eldritch themes for a long while.
>>
>>46245773
>Blood Moon "reprint" that doesn't hate on just islands
What? Blood moon doesn't hate on islands
>>
>>46245705
It isn't "just tentacles". You are an absolute idiot if you don't see the tentacles on Paranoid Parish-Blade are 100% Eldrazi tentacles and nothing else. The Eldrazi have their colorations explicitly to distinguish themselves from Innistrad's (and New phyrexia's) type of horror. Now that we see their coloration on Innistrad, therefore, it 100% has to be because of Eldrazi in some form or fashion.
>Emrakul has nothing to do with the seas
Not on Zendikar, but we don't know the exact specifics of Emrakul's relation to this story yet, just that she will be involved in some way.
>because emrakul kills/brainwashes things too fast
Who even says this? Where have we ever seen exactly how fast Emrakul, especially, does things? Not to mention I'm pretty sure the cult involved here is maybe some subsect of the Skirsdag anyway which is an established cult.
>Because Emrakul isn't Kozilek and thius doesn't cause madness (except how she causes madness which is basically what you said)
Emrakul's abilities are only vaguely explained, and people are so trapped on Emrakuls, NEW, NEVER BEFORE ESTABLISHED ABILITY of corrupting creatures. Emrakul did other things before and does other things now. She causes despair and isolation, she affects gravity. She does all kinds of generic things. People seem to think Kozilek is the only one that causes madness. ALL the Eldrazi cause madness in some way. That's the whole point of what they're fucking BASED on. Why in the world would Kozilek have a monopoly on one of the most distinctive aspects of an eldritch horror, from a creative perspective? That makes no sense. What differs is how they CAUSE madness-- Kozilek manipulates the fabric of reality, of space and time, making people appear as enemies and enemies appear as friends. Ulamog processes mind-warping diseases and plagues to affect people's memories.
>>
>>46245859
>>46245846
Yeah, had a moment of brain damage. My bad.
>>
Rakdos Burn?
4x Firey temper
4x Lightning Axe
4X Avacyn's Judgemnet
4X Vessel of Volatility
4X Harness the Storm
2x Molten Vortex
4x Accursed Witch
4x Burn from Within
4x Alms of the Vein
4x Exquisite Firecraft
2x Westvale Abbey
4x Highland Lake
4x Foreboding Ruins
8x Mountain
4x Swamp
>>
>>46245475
That cathar is going to have a good wank tonight
>>
>>46245773
>My theory at this point is that, yes, it is Emrakul, but her appearance was unintentional.
>>Nahiri creates cryptoliths to distort flow of plane's red? mana and make Avacyn crazy
Im 100% certain that, at the very least, Emrakul was NOT unintentional. I think it's possible that maybe in an attempt to get Eldrazi to Innistrad, something else happens instead, but I'm rpetty certain Nahiri was explicitly trying to get Eldrazi to Innistrad in the first place. Warped Landscape talks about bending mana to flow into a singular purpose, and Nahiri is the Harbinger. We know that Eldrazi can be drawn to a plane but massive amounts of a mana as a beacon, sicne that was how they were drawn to Zendikar. I highly doubt they were going with that set up only to go "oh, except she wasn't trying to summon Eldrazi, just doing something else even though it was the exact same thing they did before to draw Eldrazi".
>>
>>46245773
> but hey, once a month is better than all the time
Insert period joke here
>>
>>46245705
>emerakul doesnt have a monopoly on tentacles

No, but emerakul is known for their purple/red knobby tentacles and the ability to mutate living things

Also we have been seeing fleshy lattice structures showing up, different cards showing living things with changing features(a lot of tentacle growth) and that card clearly hows a purple/red lattice just like emerakul.
>>
If only rest of the sets were as flavorful as Innistrad.

Vanilla creatures can fuck off though.
>>
>>46245928
>Vanilla creatures can fuck off though.
Is this a new meme?
>>
>>46245886
Holy shit I'm stupid This is the deck forgot to put geistblast in
4x Firey temper
4x Lightning Axe
4X Avacyn's Judgemnet
4X Vessel of Volatility
4X Harness the Storm
2x Molten Vortex
4x Accursed Witch
4x Burn from Within
4x Alms of the Vein
4x Geistblast
2x Westvale Abbey
4x Highland Lake
4x Foreboding Ruins
8x Mountain
4x Swamp
>>
>>46245342
Dual shot seems nice against the 1/1 token spam this set has.
>>
>>46245928
They serve a purpose, as pawns serve their purpose. Never overlook the pawn who'd become a queen.
>>
>>46245972
No, people are just mad that their creatures aren't loaded up with 4 abilities.

They'll change their tune really quick when they release Muraganda as the next block.
>>
>>46245986

Yeah, considering that between the spirits and the thopters there's a lot of 1/1s running around I'm predicting that card's gonna do some work from the sideboard.
>>
>>46245989
Ok that was poetic but it has nothing to do with vanilla creatures. I don't even think vanilla creatures are relevant in tribal decks.

I like vanilla creatures as a means to world build or tell a story though, like Seagraf Skaab. Sometimes vanillas are needed to fill out curves or fulfill some other role in limited so using their flavortext to do something is what's important I think.
>>
>>46245098
NOT AN ALLY WITH COHORT

REEEEEEE
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 223x311px)
image.jpg
34KB, 223x311px
>>46245986
Or pay 2 CMC and do that to every opponent.
>>
>>46245980
vessel is shite m8
burn from within doesnt go in a 22 land deck either
accursed witch is too slow
you should probably put in cards from other standard legal sets
>>
>>46245164
>amror gives twice as much power as it gives toughness

Okay wizards
>>
>>46246040
instant vs sorcery
>>
>>46245145
Nothing deceptive about it. Everyone with a basic understanding of the game understand how insane it is
>>
File: image.png (177KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
177KB, 265x370px
>>
File: ghostbartender.jpg (43KB, 265x370px)
ghostbartender.jpg
43KB, 265x370px
this art is so funny
>>
>>46246076
There are not really many other good burn spells, in standard legal, everything is too expensive, I kept making changes to it as spoilers were revealed and I really should start over to fine tune it
>>
>>46245773
Emrakul is on Kamigawa, reclaiming the lost eldrazi brood that eventually became spirits due to corruption of colored mana.
>>
>>46246085
>There's a planeswalker that can summon 20+ 1/1 vampire tokens
>Sorcery speed makes the solution card invalid.
>>
>>46246094
>Star-nose mole is now a card
this makes me happy
>>
>>46245267
The Vildin Pack Alpha?

There's got to be a modern brew with that and Huntmaster for maximum value.
>>
>>46246076
The witch is for making the burn spells cheaper not for the damage itself so much, do you still think it is bad for that?
>>
>>46246079
That armor has lots of spikes on it duder.
>>
File: cathar's companion.png (159KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
cathar's companion.png
159KB, 265x370px
>>
>>46246125
>Ever looking at a planeswalkers ultimate as a balance reason
>>
>>46246094
Clues. There needs to be more clue sac outlets.
>>
>>46246176
well outside of draft there are plenty of sac outlets in standard.

outside of standard you have unlimited means
>>
>>46246173
I'm just sayin sorceries are useful too.
>>
>>46246170
I dont' get the flavor of this card. I get that they want to force Prowess and similar triggers as being tertiary in white but the flavor makes no sense here. I guess mechanically, it's supposed to work well with the auras and enchantments in the set (but it's not a human...), but what's the flavor?
>>
>>46246170
how does a dog get indestructible, what's the flavour here?
>>
>>46246190
Yeah but it isn't really applicable a lot of the time to compare instants to sorceries.
>>
>>46246101
>your pharmacist will never be a fat ghost with rockstar hair
>>
>>46246079
Its got spikes and shit yo
>>
this set is looking really fun for limited
>>
>>46245098
This is even worse than leaf gilder
>>
File: 75.jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
75.jpg
73KB, 312x445px
>>46246190
You should use stronger sorceries for you comparisons.
>>
>>46246194
The flavor is fantasty pitbulls are mean as fuck
>>
this seems reaction pic worthy
>>
>>46246200
indes-dog-tible
>>
File: Fishman.jpg (292KB, 750x450px)
Fishman.jpg
292KB, 750x450px
>>46245865
Does this look like emrakul's work to you? He's wearing a fish hat for christ's sake. Are you fucking blind or did you really not see that all the cult members are turning into fish/octopus people. Y'know the same shit that happened in the book that this whole fucking set is named after. So you think they just decided that Emrakul makes fish people now?

>Not on Zendikar
Oh shit i didn't realize eldrazi change powers when they change planes, as if that makes any fucking sense.

How many fish people do they need to show you before you get the last block out of your mind? The only reason everyone thinks its emrakul because he's the last monster we heard of that's MIA and you're all unimaginative cunts that can't keep your minds off him. None of the imagery or story suggests anything other than aquatic monster cult.

I can't wait for them to reveal the big bad next set and put all your fanfic-ers in your place. I mean I literally can't wait, you faggots are driving me insane.
>>
>>46246247
Well it's the first one I could think of that's standard legal.
>>
>>46246094

A 2/4 for 3 is already quite reasonable, and the clue bonus is just gravy. Not quite P1P1 material, but I'm thrilled to see it if I'm in green.

>>46246176

If investigate remains in Eldritch Moon, giving clues different sacrifice abilities would be the obvious next direction.
>>
>>46246170
Sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>46246261
That doesn't even look like an Innistrad card, just a guy shanking another guy in the McRibs. If one had a fancy hat it wouldn't bother me, but it's unsettling by how current day the two figures are.
>>
>>46245773
Guys
GUYS
What if
Hold on what if
Guys what if
The other sister comes back
>>
>>46246261

>MrBeanVisitsInnistrad.jpg
>>
>>46246145
aggressive decks don't win on card advantage, they win on tempo. 4 mana to them represents 2-3 threats, so you have to consider if your 4/2 with upside on death will give you more damage than more aggressive on curve plays, and you'll find that generally the witch is wanting
>>
new goyf?
>>
File: en_0hkwbqKZ39.png (170KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_0hkwbqKZ39.png
170KB, 265x370px
>>46246266

>good look I'm behind 7 Proxies

Is pic related the best card + flavor combo? I think so.
>>
So is it just me, or are they really pushing the powerlevel of creatures in this set? Seems like every color has a bear with upside, Red is gettng a 2/1 for R with no drawback and an upside for what I'm pretty sure is the first time, and there just seem to be a ton of creatures that pass the vanilla test on their own, while having beneficial effects at every rarity.
>>
>Geistblast
>Harness the Storm
>bunch of Prowess 2-drops and cantrips
>Vessel of Volatility

The storm is coming my niggas

Oh yes
>>
>>46246331
>commander legendaries comming back
jeleva pls, my dick needs it
>>
>>46246377
>peasants giving monsters diseases
that's pretty cute
>>
>>46246359
it certainly wants to be a goyf
>>
>>46245847
just friends anon, come on, why's every guy friendship gotta be gay nowadays.
>>
Hey guys, I'm.. well, completely new to MTG. Would this upcoming set be a good time to get into it? What are there in the way of "intro level" deck packs that I can buy? My buddy gave me some thing called a "Duel Deck" last month that apparently doesn't work in Standard, it was Holy vs Unholy or something, but I'm really interested in getting into Paper.
>>
>>46246266
Remember this, they came as three.

And Emmy warps biologies, her main thing doesn't change, but the way it's expressed might.
There are only clues that suggest it's Emrakul, if you're so hellbent on your own theories, give us some proof. WotC is handing out clues left and right, what do you think it'll be?
>>
>>46246423
The human is possesed by an elder being, the werewolf is a vanilla 4/4
>>
Favourite reference so far.
>>
>>46246359
Its slightly weaker and takes longer to get going, but once it does it's still a 3/4 for 2..

Personally, I'm more worried about that 3 drop enchantment that turns into a Treefolk. At the same time this triggers and for 1 mana more, you get an extra point of power along with trample and hexproof.
>>
>>46246433
this set is looking fun as fuck, go for it
>>
File: soi-clues.jpg (1MB, 1328x2220px)
soi-clues.jpg
1MB, 1328x2220px
These are the cards that are directly relevant to the investigate mechanics.

How would you make a clue-based deck standard?
>>
File: RancidRats.png (171KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
RancidRats.png
171KB, 265x370px
Favourite reference so far, forgot pic before.
>>
>>46246428
Cause it's hot.
>>
File: en_5zTNVUN4vG.png (168KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_5zTNVUN4vG.png
168KB, 265x370px
This honestly looks more like a lamprey mouth than anything to do with Eldrazi

I hope it's something native to Innistrad
>>
>>46246469

Won't people get frustrated if I've never played paper, though? The local store here only gets about 50-60 people at it for big events and I feel like being the one retard that doesn't know how to conduct himself in paper magic would be an uncomfortable experience.
>>
>>46246467
>Its slightly weaker
>slighty

I hopestly can't tell if most people here are retarded or baiting
>>
>>46246428
Ludevic knew that Geralf was a skilled reanimator, but the one thing he didn't think he would reanimate... was his heart
>>
File: 1332552277056.jpg (175KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1332552277056.jpg
175KB, 1000x1000px
>>46245299

>>46245475
>>46245705
>>46246266

It begiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiins
>>
>>46246508
I think he means that at the point it activates delirium it is 1 power 1 toughness weaker not the general power comparison.
>>
>>46246359
It's shit outside of limited.

Goyf is good because it's BOTH graveyards and not just yours.

In modern there is many ways to activate this on turn 2 but at this point you might aswell be playing a dredge deck.

Actually, the whole set only has 3 Modern playable cards at best and ironically enought none of them are meant for a GY deck.
>>
>>46246508
By slightly weaker, I meant that if you have 4 different card types in the grave, this is a 3/4 where goyf is a 4/5. That's all I meant by it.
>>
>>46246467
It's also a good top deck since it triggers on your end step
>>
>>46246446
Hellbent was Ravinca get it together
>>
>>46246261
>strictly better assassinate

I'm perfectly okay with this.
>>
>>46246101
I want a foil of it.
>>
>>46246477

I don't think Investigate is a mechanic you can really build around here, it's like building a deck around scry or cycling (without Astral Slide). But if I had to, probably a ramp deck looking to cheat out a titan with Brairbridge Patrol+Tamiyo's Journal.
>>
>>46246539
gitgud toad lets you dredge your entire deck and its legendary so you can goryo's it on your upkeep and go off turn 3
>>
>>46246512
no man, ludevic is gonna fuck geralf's hot crazy sister, you know this.
>>
>>46246261
>Not Joe Pesci
>Not "Is this your pen?"
>>
>>46246573
If it wasn't meant to be a build-around mechanic, then why are half of the cards 'X happens when you sacrifice a clue'?

Unless you're suggesting that they designed the entire mechanic as a trap.
>>
if i'm too spaghetti/intolerant of other spaghetti lords to bother going to a store, is mtgo active? like, it wont take me a billiony ears to find one game of standard?
>>
>>46246499
Don't be such a pussy.
>>
>>46246433
if you've played with the duel deck and liked it then jump in on this shit, yo. The set looks fun which is great since the last couple of sets were kind of not all well received.

I'd say ask if a store anywhere has a draft day and start jumping in on those for collection building and to practice deck building skills. Drafts are usually pretty chill and everyone is about the same level of power as you with their deck. There's also prerelease coming up so maybe you could try that out. If people give you shit for not knowing the game as well as them they can go fuck themselves, prerelease is a time a lot of new players start playing and older players who hav ebeen on a break come back.

Figure out what your local scene is for competitive play and try to wing it from there dude. I'm hoping this set does good for standard because standard in a lot of places has been fucking dead.
>>
it's probably too much to ask for to play WW anafenza and harbinger of tides in the same deck isnt it
>>
>>46245847
I would actually really love to see two deranged necromancer/scientists just be tight friends.
>>
>>46246573
currently, I think Patrol+Journal is the only clue synergy that really has constructed implications, but I have a feeling that we may see some sort of payoff card in Eldritch Moon.

I'm also reasonably certain that the next block is going to have at least a partial artifact focus, which would probably push some clue generators into playable territory.
>>
>>46244932
mindwrack demon is sex, jesus how did i miss this.
its literally a 4/5 trample flyer for 4 and only dumping 4 off your deck. in additon that delirium cost is pretty damn easy to pay off by turn 4 all things considered.
>>
>>46246170
It gets indestructible because enemy creatures become overwhelmed by how fucking cute this dog is.
>>
>>46246433
there are preconstructed "theme" decks with every set that I believe are standard legal at the time of printing at least, they used to exclusively use cards from the block they're from, but I think that changed?

also play in the prerelease and game day, they're both limited events, you buy in, they give your cards and you make a deck of those cards, plus game days and prereleases specifically are geared toward new and casual players more than a strictly competitive environment, perfect way to get your feet wet.
>>
>>46246170
Fight well, pupper.
>>
>>46246477
I'm thinking Gu Clues with Green dudes and Blue utility, maybe splash into Bant clues for value.
>>
>>46245118
JESKAI COMBO
JESKAI COMBO
>>
>>46246704
>green card
>jeskai combo
okay
>>
>>46246731
to be fair if there is a card in standard right now that will allow 4 color it's this one.
>>
>>46245705

Emrakul kinda has a monopoly on purple tentacles tho
>>
>>46246731
Jeskai ascendancy combo plays green for dorks.
>>
>>46246731
>i dont know how jeskass works
Its rotating out anyways.....
>>
>>46246675
You act as if a 4/5 trample flyer for 4 is all that mindblowing.

Also I love how people are so sure that delirium is easy as shit to turn on.
>>
>>46246040
Every opponent? You ought to not have more than one..
>>
>>46245972

No, it's an old criticism. Vanilla cards are almost never worth the cardstock they're printed on and people have been disappointed with them literally since the beginning of Magic. Paying money for a terrible card you're never going to use and that doesn't even have any fringe johnny applications is unfun.
>>
>>46245847
>but my skaab is the strongest!
>no! my abberation beats your skaab!
>you are stupid Geralf
>no you are
>haha jk
>wanna come over for some chocolate milk and experiments with corpses?
>haha yeah, is Gisa there?
>no, she's out roaming the village cemetery with her zombies, you know, doing goth stuff and such
>she is so weird
>yeah, I know, like she is always so mean and serious and thinks she is so deep
>yeah haha, I bet she kisses her zombies
>eeewww
>hey Ludevic, wanna see my newest skaab? it got wings and axes for hands
>ooohh, uber cool

cute boys doing boys stuff on Innistrad
>>
>>46246675
you probably missed it because it was spoiled in cursed vs blessed.
>>
>>46246780
>not playing FFA multiplayer
pleb
>>
>>46246768
>>46246772
Then it's four-color, not Jeskai. It's as mono-green as it is Jeskai.
>>
I'm on mobile and the site is fucking up for me, what are the confirmed tribals? Zombie, Werewolves, Humans, and Vampire has pretty good support from what I've seen already, but dunno how much better it could get with the full spoilers. Are Spirits a well supported tribal?
>>
>>46246040

Yeah, but that will rotate out before the token spam does. People are allowed to look more than one standard ahead.
>>
>>46246446
It's probably Marit Large since she is depicted as frozen UNDERWATER on a card called DARK DEPTHS and is known to be able to planeswalk. She is also featured in the latest FTV as a primer for players who weren't around for coldsnap.

>Emmy warps biologies
And if it was just warped biology then i would be inclined to agree with you but there is a extremely obvious aquatic theme being pushed here. If you were making this set, and the plan was for emrakul to be the cause behind it all, would you suggest that everyone look like fish? It doesn't make any sense.

But magic players are dumb so if the townsfolk were turning into birds or tree's or fucking horses there would still be spergs convinced that emrakul is behind it all.
>>
>>46246830
The deck is named after the card not the color combination dumpass
>>
>>46246817
bros 4 life
>>
>>46246830
It's based on Jeskai Ascendancy, so people call it Jeskai combo. It's actually Temur splashing white to cast Ascendancy.
>>
>>46246700
the problem with GU coues is that it doesn't do much of anything before turn 3. is there anything else in standard to synergize with clue shenanigans or would your early game have to be completely independent of the key mechanic of the deck?
>>
>no one calls it ink-treader combo because everyone would assume it's some combo around the actual nephilim
4 color factions when wotc?!
>>
>>46246830
>Deck built entirely around the card Jeskai Ascendancy
>"You aren't allowed to use the term jeskai because it runs green cards!"

calm your autism
>>
File: openthearmory[1].jpg (42KB, 265x370px)
openthearmory[1].jpg
42KB, 265x370px
I like this for EDH
>>
>>46245923
>and the ability to mutate living things
Since when? And if it's so well known how come that sounds like bullshit to me?
>>
File: 1391092061268.jpg (16KB, 216x200px)
1391092061268.jpg
16KB, 216x200px
>>46246817
This makes me smile
>>
>>46246836
Humans, Spirits, Zombies, Vampires, and Werewolves. Same as OG Innistrad. Vampires is pretty much a ready-built deck, Zombies have some good cards but probably not enough support overall right now, Humans are white weenie (which will always exist), Werewolves have some cool cards but probably still aren't anywhere close to a constructed-level tribe, and spirits have one or two standouts mixed in with obvious limited fodder.

In terms of Standard powerlevel, I'd say vampires > Humans > Zombies > Werewolves > Spirits
>>
File: en_CML2o3anJc.png (187KB, 265x370px)
en_CML2o3anJc.png
187KB, 265x370px
>>46246988
me too
>>
>>46246983
since the retcon in BFZ/Oath.

I believe its from the pamphlet thing from the fatpacks
>>
>>46246266
remember when people actually thought this was Jace?
>>
>>46246994

Am I right in guessing Vamps will pretty much always be R/B?
>>
>>46247038
There have been WB vamps.
>>
>>46246094

This is the first mole creature ever printed.
Seems strange to not just make it a beast.
>>
>>46247038

They've been in every color except green. The zendikar vamps are white/black, the ravnica vamps are black/blue.
>>
>>46246949
This look like a guy from an action movie who just came back with the bazooka/big fucking gun and say a one liner about how he will kill all of those fucker
>>
File: spaghetti.jpg (94KB, 354x238px)
spaghetti.jpg
94KB, 354x238px
>>46246170
>>
>>46247086
They are seeding for the Mole plane we are going to next.
>>
>>46247068
>>46247091

Bad wording, I mean do you think the Vampire decks are generally going to be R/B instead of mono-Black/Red.
>>
>>46247086
unless Eldrich moon is going to have a lot more moles.
>mole people confirmed as antagonists in EM
>>
>>46246949

Daily reminder that he is using a bazooka to shoot bear traps at angels.
>>
>>46247036
yes

why are people so fucking dumb
>>
>>46247132
crossbowzooka
>>
>>46246141
I doubt it, they both die to bolt.
>>
>>46247132
>not just using your dick
You seed should be potent enough
>>
>>46245865
>Not to mention I'm pretty sure the cult involved here is maybe some subsect of the Skirsdag anyway which is an established cult.
no you retard, the cult that the Stromkirks made to worship Dagon or whatever.

>Who even says this? Where have we ever seen exactly how fast Emrakul, especially, does things?
eldrazi conscription

>>46246446
>There are only clues that suggest it's Emrakul
So you're going to ignore TITI's flavor text about the seas being the only thing worthy of worship? And whatever sea god the Stromkirks used to worship? Engulf the Shore's art that has some fuck huge kraken in it? And that one clue token's flavor text chanting as the tides raise/lower?
>>
>>46246844
I'm telling you it's the five-legged shrew, with a voice like whispering thunder.
>>
>>46247173
I'm fairly certain with the phyrexian symbol, the emrakul stuff, and the references to Marit Lage that wizards is either just trying to mess with us.
>>
>>46247130
>moles
>rats
>beavers
>shrews

RODENTS EVERYWHERE
>>
>>46247164
With the vildin Huntmaster enters and turns into a 4/4
>>
It's also a kind of lame mystery if everything goes into trying to obfuscate the answer nearly everyone guessed first.

>"Watch out, guys, there's something new and SPOOOOOKY on Innistrad! And it's not the usual suspects, something new is going on! What could it be? Who could–"
>"Is it Emrakul?" asked everyone who had been paying attention, without looking up from what they were doing.
>"...It might not be."
>>
It feels like the commons were made to shake pauper up. Keep in mind that it has dredge, angler, hooting mandrills, and UG madness enablers
>>
File: 1441135701251.jpg (163KB, 393x378px)
1441135701251.jpg
163KB, 393x378px
So that's it? The set is absolute garbage? Haha holy shit Wizards, not even ONE good interesting card, last time Innistrad gave us:

>Vexing Devil
>Lab Maniac
>Liliana
>Snapcaster
>Olivia
>Stony Silence
>Geist
>Past in Flames
>Garruk
>Mikaeus
>Huntmaster
>Thalia
>Sorin
>Gravecrawler
>Cavern of Souls
>Avacyn
>Craterhoof
>Griselbrand
>Restoration Angel

And what now? NOTHING, just borderline Standard playable cards, reverse powercreep is the meme of the last few years, they truly are running out of design space, Magic the Gathering is not dead, but it's magic is.
>>
>>46246949
This is going in a lot of voltron decks
>>
>>46245980

1x Molten Vortex
4x Lightning Axe
4x Dragon Fodder
4x Magmatic Insight
4x Tormenting Voice
4x Avacyn's Judgement
4x Twin Bolt
4x Sin Prodder
4x Fiery Temper
4x Exquisite Firecraft
23x Lands
>>
>>46247225
Wizards never tests for Pauper, though. The commons are great for Limited. I love them.
>>
>>46247207
moles and shrews arent rodents
>>
>>46247245
You'll get someone
>>
>>46247245
>Thalia
>interesting
>>
>>46247245
(You)
>>
>>46247220
It wont be.
>>
File: scarecrow.png (138KB, 265x370px)
scarecrow.png
138KB, 265x370px
New scarecrows.
>>
Yawgmoths presence is lingering on the moon, it's actually the moon from dominara post legacy weapon.

If they did this, it would be magical and give the gatewatch the necessary villain to their justice league.
>>
>>46247245
Fuck off
>>
>>46247313
I'm sure whoever is still playing Reaper King Tribal is pleased.
>>
>tfw liliana will never rape jace
>>
>>46247313
This fucker is amazing for delirium
>>
>>46247245
>just borderline Standard playable cards
Every set has Standard playables because of rotation, so that's meaningless. And don't forget muh EDH players.

But this shouldn't be shocking. This is how every set for years has gone.
>>
>>46247250
I am pretty sure there would be a lot of cards you could go with instead of twin bolt, also not really convinced by dragon fodder.
>>
>>46247278
>>46247283
>>46247364

Prove me wrong tho, last time people were complaining Innistrad was Kamigawa levels of bad, then what is this? Fucking Homelands?
>>
>>46245475
Dick Finger incoming
>>
>>46247245
screencapping for future refrence.
>>
>>46247423
Fuck off
>>
>>46247423

Innistrad was fucking amazing. People just always bitch about the most recent set.
>>
File: gryffsboon.jpg (38KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
gryffsboon.jpg
38KB, 265x370px
This card seems insane in a White Weenie deck. Reach for days.
>>
>>46245916

I reckon the fallback plan if the hedrons failed was to try and draw the Eldrazi away and trap them inside the Silver Moon.

Perhaps Nahiri tried that, but brushed against the horrors held inside it, and now she knows the truth - that all is sacrifice. All hail the gitrog.

Or, trapping them would always run the risk of unleashing whatever was already in the Moon (so they went with the hedron net) and Nahiri now has decided that Sorin's plane can just suck it up.
>>
>>46247458

+1/+0 is insane? Ok lol
>>
>>46247458
I agree. Really unassuming, but does a really good impression of rancor for pushing in some last points of damage.
>>
>>46247486
>flying
>>
>>46247473

My main problem with Nahiri:

>Is 10k+ years old
>Somehow an intelligent being over 100 years of age has emotion, can get angry, and gives a fuck about trivial shit

Even I am 22 and wouldn't give two shits, this is Deviantart tier literature, are they even trying anymore? Is any lore in MtG acceptable? Apart from Urza.
>>
>>46247423
Well you listed cards from the entire block and not just 1 set
>>
>>46247423
Innistrad was great.
Dark Assencion was mediocre.
Avacyn's Return was fucking terrible.

Get your shit straight.
>>
>>46246006
>Muraganda
Can THIS meme fuck off already
>>
>>46247322
>yawgmoths ghost is trying to come back to life
the zelda 2 arc of magic
>>
>>46247533
Lore is tacked on as an afterthought and excuse to sell it to the poor saps who care about it.

It's bottom-of-the-barrel quality and by and large always has been.
>>
>>46247533
Her entire planet getting destroyed is trivial?
>>
File: 1452560939945.gif (561KB, 625x626px)
1452560939945.gif
561KB, 625x626px
>>46247423
>>
The set has good flavor and okay designed cards.

Shame I will probably never play with any of them
>>
>>46247458
I think this card is fine. Not great. The thing about a card like Kitesail is that you can crack in and equip it to something else to block. You can't do that with this. Yes, you get a massive discount. I know this card is good. I'm just a bit sad that this is what passes for good in Limited.
>>
File: MrBones Wild Face.gif (174KB, 299x240px)
MrBones Wild Face.gif
174KB, 299x240px
>>46247020
>It's the same artist.
>>
>>46247423
Last time people were complaining Innistrad was Kamigawa levels of bad, because 90% of Magic players are utterly incapable of evaluating cards and think everything is shit until they see which cards the actually good players are using.

This set is giving us the first 2/1 for R that doesn't have a drawback. Ever. And you're complaining about "reverse power-creep." You are a fucking retard.
>>
>>46247581
You don't want dinosaurs?
>>
>>46247592

Bullshit, a guy gets PAID to write that, and all he can come up with is that shit? Just give me the job and I'll make a more interesting and intense over the top lore, because what we have now is just painful to read, it's like Marvel comics basically.
>>
>>46247533
shes mindbroken and was turned suddenly mortal and she doesnt even know shes mortal. Nahiri is all sorts of fucked up.
>>
>>46247604

It hardly was Sorin's fault, and she's at the very least a cunt to be doing whatever she is.
>>
>people bitching about initial OG Innistrad evaluations
>when the initial evaluations of Mental Misstep exist

This fucking board, man
>>
>>46247625

>This set is giving us the first 2/1 for R that doesn't have a drawback
>What is goblin guide which has haste and lets you see what the opponent will draw

a 2/1 vampire is never going to get played in Modern, also no haste lol
>>
>>46247673
>giving your opponents free draws isn't a drawback
>>
>>46247673
How does that have anything to do with what he posted? Its a first 2/1 with no drawback for R, and what you said does not rebute that.
>>
File: bce.jpg (27KB, 756x419px)
bce.jpg
27KB, 756x419px
>>46247664

What were the initial evaluations of Misstep? I missed it

Also New Phyrexia was the truly last good set
>>
>>46247632
>it's like Marvel comics basically.
No shit. That's intentional.

MTG got it's grounds in comic shops and is still sold in most. Meanwhile, the super hero movies won't stop coming. MTG wants that overlap and comparison. From a business perspective, it's a compliment to say they write the most bottom-dwelling garbage.
>>
>>46247533

Well, she did spend like 80% of that time zoned out under a mountain, and Sorin probably trolled her hardcore - he just can't help himself.

I'm pretty doubtful it'll make sense, but so far all we have are a few snarky card comments - and those are never very enlightening.

The fiction so far has been a step up from the Zendikar stuff... we'll see if that lasts.
>>
>>46247642
We don't know that. The last we saw of Nahiri was something like eight centuries before SoI. Anything could have happened to her between now and then so we can't assume anything about what sort of person she is or why she is doing this, only that she *is* doing this.
>>
>>46247423
People also complained that Kan of Tharkir was shit and had no playable card. It's the same shit nearly every set, people complain that the set is shit and two months after whine because a card/some cards from say set broke their format.
>>
>>46247701
>Also New Phyrexia was the truly last good set
Oh come on, at least bait your hook
>>
>>46247673
>>46247625
I only just realized after years that absolutely no constructive discussion is ever had about Magic because we never specify to the people we're talking to what Constructed or Limited format we're talking about.
>>
>>46247654
>Ugin's eyes swiveled back to Sorin. "Where is the hedron mage? Where is Nahiri?"

>The notion of shame had long since evaporated from Sorin. Over the millennia, Sorin's human frailties and neurosis had grown, blossomed, and withered away—he was as immune to regret as he was to old age. And yet, for the first time in years, an uncomfortable feeling grew within him, an unpleasant itch, the sense that he was responsible—solely—for something important going awry. It wasn't remorse exactly, just a dull, discordant echo ringing in the space where remorse had once resided.

>"She is—not here," said Sorin, to no particular patch of air.

>"That is clear," said Ugin. "I inquired about her whereabouts. Is she still on Zendikar? We should rejoin her, as soon as I am able to travel."

>"I do not believe that she is there," Sorin said carefully.

>Ugin's neck pleats fanned in irritation. "Speak facts, you vague thing. She's dead?"

>"No," said Sorin. "She lives." The fuller extent of the truth was not something Ugin needed to know at this time, in Sorin's estimation. "I think I may know where she might be."

>"Then fetch her to Zendikar. If the titans remain there, we'll need her to rebuild the hedron network."

>"Is it crucial that she come?"

>"Of course it's crucial," Ugin said. "Your blood magic is great, as is my knowledge of the dwellers of void. But none of our efforts can be made permanent without the lithomancer." Ugin curved his body, bringing his head down close to Sorin's, like a bird regarding a worm with its great eye. "Let me be clear. It must be the three of us. Whatever petty tiff you've had with her, or whatever matter it is you're hiding from me, resolve it. I do not wish to see your face without hers."

Sorin did something to her, enough to make him nearly feel guilty. We just don't know what.
>>
>>46247708
>The fiction so far has been a step up from the Zendikar stuff
So it's better than the set that set an all-time low? That doesn't mean it isn't also shit.
>>
>>46246446
>they came as three
>yfw Phyrexia, Emrakul and Marit Lage attack Innistrad at the same time
>>
>>46247533

Your peers not responding to the "Holy shit the universe threatening cosmic horrors you guilt tripped me into keeping in my garage are breaking out, come help asap so my garage isn't completely trashed by the time i reseal the horrors" signal is not trivial shit.
>>
>>46247245
>comparing a whole block to one set
Boy, you sure are smart.
>>
>>46247731
Now you understand how infuriating it is discussing casual when everyone has their own theory on what is and isn't acceptable in the format.
>>
>>46247673
>Modern
Who care about modern ? It's full of people who are too poor and/or too bad to play legacy but think they are hot shit because they don't play standard.
>>
>>46247738

Whatever he did was a personal slight, nothing to do with her plane, or at the very least she would be extremely hypocritical to think it was all Sorin's fault.
>>
>>46247091
Really, based on the way they were depicted in original Zendikar, I think Red or Green would have made more sense for those vampires' secondary color than White.
>>
>>46247701
People were very underwhelmed by it, and it turned out to bust every format wide the fuck open. You could run it in literally anything and shut any T1 play the fuck down
>>
File: structural distortion.png (178KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
structural distortion.png
178KB, 265x370px
>>46247776
Well of course she's going fucking overboard and being stupidly vindictive and vengeful, you don't need to tell me that.

But Sorin's clearly responsible for provoking her, even if her reaction is disproportionately huge. Plus, there's Structural Distortion to indicate that Zendikar has something to do with it.
>>
>>46247604
At least Sorin showed up to help. Where was she during all that?

Hell, if Ugin hadn't sent him chasing after her, he might have been able to help the Gatewatch more and prevent as much destruction
>>
>>46247731
Let me break it down for you:
>sealed
Skill-less format dependent on what you open. Even the most garbage card is playable, so discussing what's good is a moot point.
>standard
Only played because WotC lines all the events with it. Hasn't been good since Ravnica. The first one. No one really cares abut it except grinders and the people that fawn over them.
>modern
The format WotC tried to kill since Day 1 and a few times since. Largely ignored for being a shitfest.
>Legacy
Good cards aren't printed anymore, so there is nothing to discuss.
>Vintage
See Legacy.
>EDH
Every single card is playable and good because it's a casual format, so there will never be any meaningful discussion involving EDH on any level.
>Pauper
muh NWO
>>
>>46247767
No, I'm sorry, I have no sympathy about casual play discussion.

Casual play discussion is a discussion to be had with your playgroup. There's no fucking point talking about it with complete strangers even if you're just fishing for ideas. Because of the undefined boundaries of casual play, someone is going to inadvertently contribute something that is arbitrarily not useful to you.

I have a very "casual" Cube. I don't talk to people about it here or in real life because it's definition of a "quality" card is all over the fucking place - I'm not going to burden people with trying to read my fucking mind as to what I think is good. And that's exactly what talking about "casual" play is like, it is fucking selfish because so much of the advice generously offered is rendered null because of some retarded thing like budget or "that's not very nice".

My complaint was talking about competitive Constructed or Limited. There we can set the boundaries, call power levels for what they are and find facts and refute falsehoods.
>>
>>46247782
BfZ vampires are black and white due to being forced to band together against the Eldrazi. They're Allies like everyone else that is sentient on Innistrad at this point and that brings a little bit of white into them.
>>
>>46247744
>phyrexia was originally a cult of eldrazi worshippers
>marit lage is a emerakuls sister who was removed so emerakul could have both male eldrazi to herself
>>
>>46247500
>I agree. Really unassuming, but does a really good impression of rancor for pushing in some last points of damage.
It's arguably better than Rancor in a white deck because flying is so much better than trample on 2/1 and 2/2 bodies. Its recursion gets around counters and discard, too.

>>46247616
>I think this card is fine. Not great. The thing about a card like Kitesail is that you can crack in and equip it to something else to block. You can't do that with this. Yes, you get a massive discount. I know this card is good. I'm just a bit sad that this is what passes for good in Limited.
The discount is huge, and in an aggro deck blocking isn't something you really want to be doing. If you're playing a deck with 12 one-drops creatures, you can curve a Savannah Lions into this AND another Savannah Lions on turn 2 and swing for 3 flying damage right away. Later when the board is clogged up and you have a bunch of mana it comes back to push your biggest guy over the top.

I mostly play modern and legacy but Innistrad is my favorite plane (and the first block I played magic in) so I'm going to build a cheap standard deck or two to tool around with at FNM. I think Gryff's Boon makes mono-white humans much more viable.
>>
>>46247837
>there's Structural Distortion to indicate that Zendikar has something to do with it.
That's just Nahiri being pissed about the Eldrazi being sealed there and fucking with the world.

Before the Eldrazi you had no vampires, then you got vampires taht worshipped the gods that were just Eldrazi and trying to bring them to life. Then you have Sorin and Nissa traveling to the eye and the Eldrazi going AAAAAAAHHHHH AFTER TEN THOUSAND YEARS I'M FREE and because Nahiri doesn't know who Nissa is, she assumes it's probably Sorin because it was Ugin's plan to hold them and she probably thinks he wouldn't fuck with the prison.
>>
>>46247944
So she somehow found out Sorin was at the eye when the Eldrazi got out, and then instead of doing something to try and seal them again and save her homeplane, she runs off to get revenge on who she assumes was responsible?
>>
>>46247944
I don't know, lots of possible theories - and Sorin personally feels responsible for it, rather than acting as though it's a misunderstanding.
>She could feel like Sorin is responsible for the vampires of Zendikar and perhaps, in some twisted convoluted way and maybe through a retcon or two, he could be.
>He was privy to Ugin's knowledge that the Eldrazi could be killed but agreed with Ugin that the Eldrazi needed to be caged instead. Nahiri finds out that her world was doomed just to keep something alive that they could have killed and goes apeshit.
>Sorin attempts to violate Nahiri or Zendikar in some way, perhaps through vampirism or through imprisoning her and preventing her from protecting Zendikar for whatever reason. She might have been the first entity to be imprisoned in the Helvault, who knows - and when the Helvault was broken, she was released.
Lots of possible explanations. Not too sure which one is right.
>>
>>46248069
The old planeswalker motto. "Fuck'em."
>>
>>46245118
Eh. It's a card that no deck wants. I don't see what other people are excited about.

If you have enough creatures to matter, why aren't you attacking because you're already winning. If you don't, it's a dead card. Dropping it second turn means you're not playing a threat or 3CMC.
>>
>>46248101
Then she can't complain about her plane getting destroyed if she didn't lift a finger to stop it
>>
>>46248157
>Dropping it second turn means you're not playing a threat

This may come as a surprise, but ramp and aggro are two separate deck archetypes, and have different goals.
>>
>>46248157
>I don't see what other people are excited about.
muh EDH
>>
>>46246485
Oh, that really is a nice one.
>>
File: 3hnueij4kd_storyshot.jpg (143KB, 700x399px) Image search: [Google]
3hnueij4kd_storyshot.jpg
143KB, 700x399px
>>46248069
>So she somehow found out Sorin was at the eye
Only she, Sorin, and Ugin know of the Eye's whereabouts. It narrows it down pretty hard.
>and then instead of doing something to try and seal them again and save her homeplane
She needed Ugin to seal them though. Her first encounter with Vampires was an easy fix because the titans weren't running around. When the prison broke she would need Ugin's dragon magic for her hedrons to work
>she runs off to get revenge on who she assumes was responsible?
There's probably more to it but the Eldrazi being released is a pretty hefty straw that can break a back. There's also the fact that she never wanted the Eldrazi on Zendikar but it was just a convenient place for them to be tied down. Sorin and Ugin kind of were like WELL WHERE ELSE? so she's probably gonna try to drag Emmy to Innistrad and be like HERE'S A GOOD SPOT, FAGGOT because Sorin didn't want that shit on his plane.
>>
>>46248242
If she really does that I think she will suffer a fatal case of being-in-the-way-of-a-milennia-old-vampire :^)
>>
>>46246499
Go to a prerelease next weekend, they tend to be more casual than most events and people tend to be more understanding, especially considering this is the first time many people see the cards if they dont keep up with spoilers
>>
>>46248178

Why not? SJWs do that all the time
>>
>>46248242

Something did happen, too. Something we haven't been told about yet.

Last time we saw Nahiri, she and Sorin were still cool, and she was looking forward to seeing him again when she went out to look for him.

Sorin's thoughts on Tarkir imply he fucked up, BAD, when they did meet again and he didn't consider it too unlikely that Nahiri would try to kill him and Ugin after his last meeting with her. It didn't sound like it was just about the Eldrazi, either.
>>
>>46248242
>>46248080
Combining a few ideas into a theory there.

>The last we see of Nahiri is in Stirring from Slumber (http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/stirring-slumber-2015-05-13) where she's handling a minor Eldrazi outbreak, getting high on life and going to meet her friend, Sorin to show him the joys of life.
>Upon arriving at Innistrad, there's some sort of conflict between the two of them. Perhaps he insists that she should stick to her duty and wait until she is needed and she vehemently disagrees.
>The two brawl, ending up Nahiri being badly injured. To keep herself alive as a last ditch effort, she seals herself inside a weird sort of proto-hedron that comes to be known as the Helvault later on.
>Satisfied with that result, Sorin moves on and leaves the Helvault behind for centuries. Rather than try to break Nahiri out when the Eldrazi get loose, he instead tries to handle the situation himself and fucks it up.
>The Helvault gets broken in Avacyn Restored and Nahiri is free to cause all sorts of insane fucking chaos on Innistrad while Sorin's away looking for Ugin, once she finds out that her world has been transformed into an Eldrazi buffet.

I've probably got something wrong but I'm betting the Helvault's involved somewhere.
>>
>>46248282
*High fives* B^)
>>
>>46247721
And when some of those cards get banned, they complain harder.
>>
>>46246817
cute
>>
>>46248242
>Eye's whereabouts

Puzzled out by a handful of people without his help. It was a secret, but on a plane full of adventurers I'm surprised nobody found it sooner.

>Need Ugin's dragon magic

The Gatewatch did just fine by pumping copius amounts of mana into it. Even if that was the case though, the smart move would be trying to find Ugin, which Sorin did

There might be more to it, but wrecking Innistrad because Zendikar got wrecked while you did nothing isn't a sane outlook.
>>
>>46248359

>Helvault is a hedron of some sort

That makes a weird amount of sense. I always thought the Helvault's effect was kind of out of place.
>>
File: Hel_222x399.jpg (68KB, 222x399px) Image search: [Google]
Hel_222x399.jpg
68KB, 222x399px
>>46248413
Consider the shape.
>>
>>46248193
So you think ramp wants it? It doesn't. Why doesn't it? Because it only adds a benefit if the creatures cannot already tap for mana. If ramp is trying to ramp, they already have creatures to tap. Otherwise, it's too late for this card because their fatty is already played.

For this card to be better than a Lawnmower Elf, there have to be two creatures out that don't tap for mana. I just don't see it being any good.

>>46248199
So a joke card for a joke environment.
>>
>>46248178
Its bolas' fault. The same red draw spell has been reprinted, an echoing noise of bolas maddening influence across the multiverse. Hes the one who created a situation where naihiri thought it was sorin who freed the eldrazi. She didnt think it was ugin because of time paradoxes bolas has engineered with sarkahn. Also its not a coincidence the psychic bolas has mindfucked and the minion he has used have also shown up on the plane of the ally to his greatest enemy.
The gatewatch are a bunch of noobs who have been rused hard.
>>
>>46248394
>There might be more to it, but wrecking Innistrad because Zendikar got wrecked while you did nothing isn't a sane outlook
I guess I should read the whole argument, but I feel like isn't this the whole point? I'm pretty sure Nahiri isn't actually sane right now, for one reason or another. Her plus makes absolutely no sense mechanically or flavorfully without assuming that she's mad, either, since it's clearly meant to be a Madness/Delirium enabler to flavorfully show her madness.
>>
>>46248430
>The world's largest buttplug
>>
>>46248438
Making ramp's Jaddi Offshoots tap for mana is not a joke.
>>
File: full.jpg (18KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
full.jpg
18KB, 600x401px
>>46248430
Looks like a dildo
>>
>>46248478
Shut up, Chad
>>
>>46248440
>>46248448
Yeah, I think my point may have gotten confused, but what I'm trying to get at is that something has mind controlled Nahiri or otherwise altered her memories to make her act this way.

This isn't just her mad at Sorin for existing events. Its her mad at Sorin from her altered perception showing her the worst possible interpretation for those events.
>>
File: large.gif (1MB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
large.gif
1MB, 500x278px
>>46247744
RIP innistrad
>>
>>46248438
I said it earlier in the thread and I'll say it again, I'm pretty sure this just straight up replaces springleaf drum in Jeskai Combo
>>
>>46248466
Tell you what. Make a decklist using that card. Then swap it out for another ramp card. The latter will almost always be better.
>>
>>46248359
>She let herself sink into the earth and emerged once more in the Eye of Ugin. Placing her hands on the keystone hedron, she assured herself that the network was restored. She thought about calling out to Sorin and the Spirit Dragon again, but she had taken care of the situation. Zendikar was safe again, thanks to her own efforts. She didn't need the others.

>That didn't alter the fact that they hadn't come, though. They had promised to return to Zendikar when called, to help her maintain the prison that she had guarded for countless centuries. But Sorin had abandoned her, and the Eldrazi had swept across Zendikar once more.

>Other feelings she had all but forgotten, concern and anxiousness, swelled up in her heart and they made her smile even as they made her ache. They made her feel alive—the sensation of her heart pounding in her chest, the sound of it in her ears, the movement of her muscles as her brow furrowed and her jaw tightened.

>What had Sorin been doing all the years she had been cocooned here in the Eye of Ugin? Was he still alive? Had he forgotten her and her vigil over Zendikar? Had he succumbed to the same apathy that had held her for so long?

>She would go and find him, wake him up if she needed to, remind him of her and Zendikar and the friendship they had once shared, remind him what it was to live, to feel, to care. She had saved Zendikar, and now she would save him. And then she would return and walk among her people again, she would teach and laugh and love again, and it would matter again. It would all matter.

>Nahiri laid a gentle hand on the wall of the chamber and it melted away as she opened a pathway through the Blind Eternities. The walls of the chamber became bleak cliffs in a desolate mountain range. She took a deep breath of unfamiliar air and stepped into this other plane, eager to find her oldest friend.

This is the same person that is depicted in this card.

What happened, Nahiri?
>>
>>46248534
Sorin didn't want to eat ass.
>>
>>46248524
>Tell you what. Make a decklist using that card. Then swap it out for another ramp card.
Ok, I'll swap in that shit elf from BFZ.
>>
>>46246477
GR Confront the Unknown + Harness the Storm sounds like it could get out of hand.

>Best 1 and 2 drops in G and R
>Turn 3 Harness the Storm
>Turn 4 Confront the Unknown x2, give a creature up to +5/+5 with 3 mana
>Throw in Titan's Strength for good measure.
>Have a draw engine for when you run out of gas.
>>
Just when I thought WotC couldn't fail any harder with the atrocity that was ZEN2 they go... AND COMPLETELY REDEEM THEMSELVES
>>
>>46248498
>large.gif
>thumbnail sized
>terrible quality
>2 second loop
Why the fuck even both posting this shit?
>>
>>46248440

I think this is probably it.

Her lithomancy has shown the ability to control the mana of an entire plane.

And if there's one thing Bolas likes, it's eating the entirety of a plane's mana.

If he mind-shattered her, he may have been using her in schemes to consume planar mana and sustain/retain his power, and now that the Zendikar opportunity is over (or he's sitting there and eating spare Eldrazi mana) he has no use for her and has set her loose to confuse the plot.
>>
>>46248600
Don't forget to chuck in a Zada.
>>
>>46248534
She's on her period :^)
>>
File: a smug anime.jpg (50KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
a smug anime.jpg
50KB, 384x384px
>>46247533
>Even I am 22 and wouldn't give two shits
don't cut yourself on that edge
>>
>>46248649
ebin, simply ebin :^)
>>
>>46248496
BOLAS SON
red is mindcontrol, bolas is a mind control master. Jace and lilianas origins lead into them meeting bolas and being fucked over. Bolas was behind the eldrazi and hes going to be the next plothook.
>>
>>46248600
Actually the math on that is a bit wrong:
> 1st cast, 1 clue, +1/+1
> 2nd cast, 2 clues, +2/+2
> 3rd cast from grave, 3 clues, +3/+3

so +6/+6 for 3 mana.

>in b4 Xmas
>>
>>46248524
I'm pretty sure you could do some fun thing with it and Eldrazi tokens, shit some token, tap them for mana then sacrifice them for more mana
>>
>Werewolves will be trash in constructed again
Goddamnit wizards.
>>
>>46248524
The ramp decks in standard use the bottom of the barrel for mana dorks. They play fucking Hedron Crawler. It's not always about inserting things into existing decks. That enchantment let you play additional utility creatures to help you stay alive instead of pure ramp.
>>
>>46248678
I'm honestly surprised at how much of a non-entity Bolas has been since Alara. They built him up as this master manipulator controlling everyone, and then they made a big deal about printing him in M13, yet they've done shit all with him.
>>
>>46248626
Its much simpler than that, bolas is eliminating opposition. If he has 3 real enemies getting the fight to be a 1v1 that he knows is in his favor just makes sense. Why fight sorins uber mind control and raw power, naihiris reality altering lithomancy and ugins lifemagic when you can just have the kor kill the vampire, and kill the guy you've beaten before.
>>
>>46245118
>fixed earthcraft
I am surprised to be seeing so much good stuff past spoiler season, you think that they'd advertise their most interesting stuff earlier on but I've been pleasantly surprised.
>>
>>46248726
We still have one more set guys, and you know they never give us all the stuff we need to make things work in constructed with the first set.
>>
File: 1358487478255.gif (953KB, 330x300px) Image search: [Google]
1358487478255.gif
953KB, 330x300px
>no Moonmist reprint or equivalent
>>
>>46248785
>>46248726
Also werewolves are doomed mechanically to shit anyway barring some absurd push. Their transform ability is really trashy.
>>
>>46248534
Something on Innistrad drove her mad. She's being compelled to destroy Innistrad by an outside source.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (82KB, 1366x1156px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
82KB, 1366x1156px
>>46248625
for autist like you
>>
>>46248770
Magic was undergoing a period of homestuck tier plot with magic speed release structure. We witnessed a decade of buildup arc to continue the plot. The gatewatch is trolls.
>>
>>46248826
Absolute anal annihilation.
>>
>>46248825

There have been some people that theorized that Nahiri got ganked by something and then spread that to Avacyn, who spread it to the natural angels, rather than it starting with Nahiri herself.

Of course, Sorin unmakes Avacyn even though she's not herself when shit goes wrong so I'm pretty sure he super won't care why Nahiri's been doing any of this after the damage she's done.
>>
>>46248825
Her words don't sound like they belong to someone that's brainwashed and/or compelled.
>>
>>46245118

S E C U R E T H E W A S T E S
E
C
U
R
E

T
H
E

W
A
S
T
E
S
>>
>>46248897
She doesn't have to be mind controlled, just influenced to anger. Besides, red has any number of turncoat spells to play, maybe that's a factor to consider.
>>
File: dies to bolt.png (387KB, 531x371px) Image search: [Google]
dies to bolt.png
387KB, 531x371px
>>46248805
Actually
>>
>>46248897
How in the world do you make that distinction?
>>
>>46246807
Every set needs to have cards that are usable for Standard, Commander, Limited, and ideally at least a couple for Modern. Not all cards can be made to be playable in all of those.

Vanilla creatures are for Limited.
>>
>>46248440
haste, beck, that card = draw ur fuggin deck
jeskai ascendency + that card = infinite mana, draw ur fuggin deck.
this card lets you play geddon even when you're behind on board.
makes secure the wastes, pyromancer and lingering souls scary as fuck.
combos with akroan crusader, blaze commando and goblinslide ;)
>>
>>46248981

Good point. You still do need to flip that one, though.
>>
File: Image.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>46246807
Muranga when?
>>
>>46248996
In all the flavor text that she speaks in, she's genuinely angry towards Sorin. Outright furious and very passionate, in a way that doesn't speak of being influenced by any villainous entity we know. Emrakul mutates, Nicol Bolas breaks his toys, etc.
>>
>>46249040
And that's why it's not very good. That seems like a pretty flawed design. Not only does it need to flip, it also needs to STAY flipped in order to keep helping your werewolves. It's like someone in R&D went "ok, we need a card that helps werewolves transform for the constructed kids" and they just threw the effect on a werewolf because werewolf decks will play a werewolf of course, and gave it absolutely 0 thought.
>>
>>46249066
Again, how the hell do you make that distinction? Does being influenced by Bolas or an Eldrazi or whatever the fuck make you speak differently in a quantifiable way in card text?
>>
>>46245299
Where's the evidence of Marit Lage and (besides Root Out) Phyrexia?

I thought all signs pointed to Emrakul (or something new).
>>
>>46248981
And even with this they're still shit. Werewolves needed support. BIG TIME. This isn't even a bandaid and the fact it's competing with an already bloaded 3cmc pool isn't doing it any favors either.

There need to be more transform triggering cards and general support options.

They want to make werewolf tribal happen, but the way their core mechanic functions means that that is an impossibility.
>>
>>46247776
I suspect "something important going awry" is more than just a personal slight.
>>
>>46249129
>Where's the evidence of Marit Lage
One of the cards references Cultists chanting to the sea, I forget which one though
Also thing in the ice is really lage-y
>>
>>46249129
because avacyn used the phrase "the great work" in her story, despite her goals being no where in line with phyrexia's great work
>>
>>46249129
There isn't any solid evidence for anything besides Eldrazi. Root Out is strange but even that isn't like "yeah this could ONLY be Phyrexia" and not just a random formation with Avacyn's collar that happens to look like a phi. Meanwhile Eldrazi has the bleu and magenta tentacles on Paranoid Parish-Blade, purple and pink tentacles on Grotesque Mutation, and the They Came as Three hint on the Clue tokens.
>>
>>46249113
sarkahn rewrote reality under his madness, tezzeret is mia, liliana gave up the only love she truely had, and jace partially mindblanked himself. Bolas has a very signature madness.
>>
>>46249188
>Also thing in the ice is really lage-y
No it isn't. The only thing related to Marit Lage is that it was a thing frozen in ice which is a perfectly recognizable horror trope. Just because Marit Lage did it doesn't mean everything that does it now has to resemble Marit Lage. The Awoken Horror doesn't even resemble any aspect of Marit Lage in any way. And Marit Lage is not really directly related to the sea. In fact we don't really know ANYTHING about Marit Lage. Her lore is that she was frozen in a vast amount of ice, which logically had to be in the sea to fit her.
>>
>>46249212
None of those things are at all related, so who the hell does that translate to him "having a very signature madness"? And my point wasn't about Bolas, it was about whether she was mad in general, and how you could tell from a few pieces of flavor text (like... 2?) that she probably wasn't.
>>
>Emmy showing up on Innistrad and releasing the Titans on Zendikar is all part of Ugin's plan to use their massive amounts of colorless mana to kill Bolas
>In the end, all the problems in the multiverse boil down to Ugin and Bolas constantly attempting to one-up and kill each other

Purging of the dragons when? Return to Tarkir can't come fast enough.
>>
>>46248820
I was really hoping they'd use a different transformation trigger, but I suppose that was a pipe dream.
>>
>>46246807
I do like that they use vanilla creatures to hold longer flavor texts that won't fit on more complex cards. It's nice for worldbuilding.
>>
>>46249295
Adn actually yeah you know what, rememberign the flavor text and the way she's been depicted in stories, it's not even like she DEFINITELY doesn't sound insane. "I WILL MAKE YOUR PLANE BLEED AS MINE DID" and "I WILL DESTROY EVERYTHING YOU LOVE" does not sound like a sane person. For the record, red isn't known for being a an especially sane color either.
>>
>>46249306
I hoped they would too but I knew in my heart they wouldn't. I don't even think the flavor is that great. And I don't understand how it could "play well" in limited, other than the fact that it probably isn't wrecking limited which would be because it's shit, so if they only fell on it because it was shit than fuck them.
>>
>>46249196
Can someone actually point out where the 'they came as three" was figured out in the clue tokens.

to me it litterally looks like they circled random words in each clue token, or was there an actual reason they circled those specific words.
>>
>>46249306
Yep. WotC had a chance, with the script wide open thanks to Wolfr, and the cults to rework Werewolves into a viable tribe. And they didn't. They keep giving bonuses to Werewolves, but don't print anything that can actually help.

All they need is a permanent that says something like:
"RG: Transform target Werewolf you control."
or a permanent with:
"Non-human Werewolfs you control can't transform" until end of turn (if activated).

That's it. That's fucking all they need.
>>
>>46249295
Read some lore, tezzeret was so afraid of bolas he tried to steal phyrexia to get a chance at not getting bolas'd. The end of the multiverse faction seemed easier to deal with than bolas, thats how much ptsd tezzeret had gotten. Bolas drives planeswalkers crazy, except for ajani.
>>
File: immerwolf.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
immerwolf.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>46249408
are people asking this for standard?

if so ignore me, but outside of standard is pic related not what people want?
>>
4x Breakneck Rider
4x Fiery Temper
4x Goblin Glory Chaser
4x Incorrigible Youths
4x Lightning Axe
4x Magmatic Chasm
20x Mountain
4x Scourge Wolf
4x Sin Prodder
4x Tormenting Voice
4x Village Messenger

Basic RDW. Mulligan until you get 2 lands.
>>
>>46249358
Even if they had, what do you think are they odds that they just so happened to circle a phrase reminding us there are three Eldrazi after the last block destroyed 2 of them and seemingly was going to ignore the third that was originally spoken directly to Jace?

Anyway, the english Tamiyo's Journal has the number 434, which is meant to signify the clue that has 4 words, is the 3rd word in that clue, and that it's the 4th word in the answer. The other words come from different language's Tamiyo's Journal numbers, which are all inexplicably different, but has been stated by Wizards to be important.
>>
>>46246452
Wait so there's an elder being for green as well as blue now?
>>
>>46249295
Someone controlled by either Bolas or Emrakul wouldn't rant and rave about vengeance. If she is crazy, she's crazy because of something that Sorin's done and not due to an outside entity's control. There's no known entity in MtG that controls someone through making them so petty and spiteful.
>>
>>46245638
>>46245731
Can someone please make a SOI trailer set to the Xfiles intro?
>>
>>46249358
It's as retarded as you think it is, don't bother. Let people think that word puzzles and purple tentacles are proof of eldrazi. It'll make them look more stupid in July.
>>
>>46249439
You are making absolutely no sense. Are you saying that you don't think Nahiri was driven mad by Bolas because she doesn't have ptsd about it? Why didn't you just, you know, actually say that?
>>
>>46249465
No. It's a creature and thus subject to easy removal. It's not enough anyway. Not even as a 4-of.

Werewolves need a way to get around their self injuring transform trigger consistently and decently.

That would require an artifact or enchantment that would have Immerwolfs last ability plus (or on another card) the ability to force a transform.

Currently werewolves want to play a fast and aggressive tribal deck, but transform prevents them from being fast and aggressive like you want; so you have to play a slower game with heavier hitters. You have to grind their speed to a halt and put them in a control shell which is neither efficient or fun.
>>
>>46246266
I get it, it will be some new legendary Fish Horror or creepy U planeswalker meant as a rival for Bolas.
>>
>>46249498
Again, have we actually seen how the fuck Emrakul corrupts people in the cards? The original thing I was replying to said she wasn't mad because she didn't sound mad in her flavor text. If you don't think what the flavor text that I've seen her saying doesn't sound like something who was total mental, then I don't know what world you live in. Whether she's insane because Bolas touched her or because Emrakul mutated her or because she's simply a million jillion years old and blinded by vengeance doesn't really matter to what I've been saying, all I'm saying is that she's almost definitely not in her right state of mind.
>>
>>46249554
Well, apart from the slow-ass tempo and also being a creature, that new red werewolf that transform on-summon does a pretty good job, if it wouldn't have to transform itself first.
>>
>>46249358
It's random. the clues isn't even lined up by their number order.
You might as well spell out Jenrik came on three angels.
>>
>>46247276
Neither are rats and beavers.
>>
>>46249597
Agreed as I stated:
>>46249166
It's decent, but it's not really solving their problem.
>>
>>46246266
>How many fish people do they need to show you before you get the last block out of your mind? The only reason everyone thinks its emrakul because he's the last monster we heard of that's MIA and you're all unimaginative cunts that can't keep your minds off him
Are you shitting me? Are pepple just actively ignoring Paranoid Parish-Blade? How can you possibly interpret that as ANYTHING but Eldrazi involvement in the story? At least stuff like Thraben Inspector and Mindwrack Demon can hide similarity to Emrakul's lattice structure with stylistic difference, but Paranoid Parish-Blade is not only drawn an extremely recognizable style but is clearly an Eldrazi tentacle. There's a WHOLE FUCKING ARTICLE about how Eldrazi have their color scheme to make them stand out between New Phyrexian horrors and Innistrad's horrors. It's not just a random fucking tentacle, and it's even LESS likely it's just a random fucking tentacle when it's on Innistrad when one of the Eldrazi's main color schemes in pink and blue specifically differentiate them from the three blocks with horror elements in a row.

We don't KNOW why there are fish people here. There being fish people doesn't PRECLUDE Emrakul, though, and stuff like Grotesque Mutation and Paranoid Parish-Blade actively CONFIRM it, so the logical conclusion is either we're seeing some facet of Emrakul we haven't seen before or there's ALSO something else, not that Emrakul is not involved at all and people are just seeing shit WHEN THERE'S A CLEARLY FUCKING ELDRAZI TENTACLE ON PARANOID PARISH-BLADE HOLY SHIT
>>
>>46246101
Imagine if you need to buy a condom.
>goddamit hans, stop floating on my window. No, i'm not going to use it tonight and no, i'm not going to tell you when.
>>
>>46249717
Or Nahiri's influence in the madness is causing people to imagine tentacles and shit being there, with all of them being actually illusions.
>>
>>46249599
But that wouldn't be a quote about Eldrazi after a block that only featured 2 of them spoken to the person who is the main character of the next block, is it?

The original quote in the story doesn't even make sense in conext (go back and re-read it), in hindsight it was clearly stuck in there as forced hint for the following storyline. It doesn't even make sense in the reveal article about it, which says the scene is Jace going to Ugin for help about stopping the Eldrazi. It's like if Jace went and said "Hey Ugin how do we stop the Eldrazi?" and Ugin went "DON'T FORGET THERE'S THREE OF THEM" which in the real world would be prompted by Jace going "Ok but that has nothing to do with what I wanted to know, nor did anything I said warrant the information"
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 265x370px
why would mr rogers do that?
>>
>>46249485
>The other words come from different language's Tamiyo's Journal numbers, which are all inexplicably different, but has been stated by Wizards to be important.
Well it would be easy to confirm if we could found the translated version of the clue token
>>
>>46249768
Maybe the fish people are actually illusions and they aren't actually fish people? We haven't seen them go swimming, right?

Do you see how silly that sounds?
>>
>>46249717
Instead of typing out a paragraph you can just post this.
>>
>>46246101
>>46249746
>Hans... there is a spider in this aspirin bottle. No, wait... no, this is just a bottle of spiders.
>>
>>46249802
Why would they put that quote about the mind creating the monsters there when that's actually absolutely irrelevant and it actually isn't their mind but a normal monster?
>>
>>46249806
HL3 confirmed?
>>
Who fucking cares about the big bad of the set?
Who fucking cares about MTG story and characters? It's all lower than fucking fanfics tier writting 95% of the time

Just give me a big bad I can stick in my legacy reanimator.
>>
>>46249806
seems a bit like grasping here.

>>46249780
>Black gets solid removal again
>At common
PANIC
>>
>>46249801
This has actually already been confirmed in other languages. It matches perfectly in Japanese to Ugin's Insight's flavor text, off the top of my head. It works in varying capacity since wordplay is hard to emulate evenly through all languages but the intent is clearly there. It doesn't even work really that well in English since the syntax of some of the quotes feels very off, at least to me, but used because it uses the words they need to form the quote.
>>
>>46248649
Please don't be disrespectful of women. You might not care but others do.
>>
>>46249842
It could've been any number, for every answer four questions or even eight!
>>
>>46249842
>seems a bit like grasping here.
How the fuck is it grasping? This is like 6 cards with one word that nearly matches an important quote. You can't take six random cards from any set and have them spell out a perfect sentence.
>>
>>46249830
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>46249894
THEY'RE ALSO CLUES!
>>
>>46249894
Six clue tokens aren't six random cards either.
>>
>>46249675
"Well-known rodents include mice, rats, squirrels, prairie dogs, porcupines, beavers, guinea pigs, hamsters, and capybaras."
It only takes a google search to check, don't spread misinformation.
>>
>>46249908
And... yeah, they'reliterally fucking clues. And they're tokens with flavor text. That information in and of itself should imply there's some significance.
>>
>>46249894
it's just the set of clues with a random word circled to make it fit.
>>
>>46249903
Pic related.
Why put that flavor text about the mind creating monsters there when the monster depicted actually is there and not created by the mind?
>>
>>46249894
The fact that you can't even acknowledge your delusion makes me think that you're prone to magical thinking. What's your starsign dipshit?
>>
>>46249942
Information about how Jenrik came on angels?
>>
>>46249922
I was making it easier on you, it's a lot harder to find 6 explicitly related cards that are meant to form together using one word from each to make a plot-relevant statement.
>>
File: 1415583745124.jpg (28KB, 288x281px) Image search: [Google]
1415583745124.jpg
28KB, 288x281px
>>46249955
>pic related

THE HORROR
>>
>>46249955
What the fuck are you talking about? What mind? What monsters that mind created? Ugin didn't create the Eldrazi.
>>
>>46250024
he's talking about the flavor text of paranoid parish blade.
>>
>>46249943
It's not like the person who circled them made up whatever words they wanted to put there. The words are there. You can't use those cards to circle the plot of BFZ block. It's not like you can just circle the words and make anything.
>>
>>46249806
Are we sure it's not:
The
Shepherd
Came
Louder
For
Tamiyo
>>
I went to INNsmoth and all I got was this crappy set.

But no seriously, this looks like the most fun set they've put out in a while. I fucking love Innistrad.
>>
>>46249806
>Markov shepherd did angels every tide
Confirmed, avacyn is crazy jealous and trying to get vamp dick.

That's why it's called anguished unmaking, because sorin really wanted to do the deed but couldn't with jace and tamiyo right there.
>>
File: SROaMLc.jpg (247KB, 744x1039px) Image search: [Google]
SROaMLc.jpg
247KB, 744x1039px
>>46249955
>>46250009
>>46250024
>>
>>46250099
He's just jealous that Jenrik gets to do angels.
>>
>>46250051
In that case, it's like asking why Lambholt Pacifist transforms into a werewolf when its front face says it's a pacifist. It's meant to be ironic. Why would he be deluding about Eldrazi? Random residents on Innistrad don't know what Eldrazi look like. If you want to say "well maybe Nahiri is making people think there are Eldrazi there" my reply is "well fuck you because that's still fucking Eldrazi being involved and not just them making a random tentacle and people GOING OMG EMRAKUL CONFIRMED for no reason" when Wizards clearly wants to evoke Eldrazi regardless of whether they're physically there on Innistrad.
>>
>>46249806
>>46250070
Have Shepard Change With Chanting Questions
>>
>>46249717
Evidence that its emrakul: less than half a dozen cards.
Evidence that it is something else: ALL of the visual motifs on every cultists in the set as well as over a dozen flavour texts.

Suggesting that this set is going to contain both a fish god as well as emrakul: Are you serious?

Not only that, but you're suggesting that emrakul, a monster that is literally the size of a mountain, who's distinct purpose is the complete annihilation of planes, is somehow hiding in innistrad and slowly, surreptitiously, manipulating its inhabitants sneaky beaky like.

How do you hold all those straws?
>>
New thread:

>>46250164
>>>46250164
>>46250164
>>>46250164
>>
>>46250099
>>46250153
Also, and this is probably the obvious answer, but he's not deluding about the tentacles, the tentacles are deluding him to attack other people, hence why he's looking at the viewer threateningly and not panicking over the tentacle on his arm or something.
>>
>>46250168
It's not just fucking "evidence". It's not like "oh, there's a tentacle, it must be Emrakul!" This is like saying Ugin had nothing to do with Tarkir if all you saw about it was that it had Scion of Ugin in it. There's all these cards about all these other dragons and Khans, and all there is as evidence Ugin is here is this dumb generic ghost dragon hurr hurr durr!

Fuck you.
>>
>>46250128
>Jenrik gets to do angels.
who?
>>
>>46250215
But that's what you're doing. You saw a pink tip of a tentacle. On a set that is filled with many people with many different types and colors of tentacles.And you immediately assumed that it is %100 percent proof of an idea that makes no sense if it were to actually be the case.

If its emrakul, then why dont ALL the tentacle have pink tips. Why dont all the mutants have tentacles, and why does the super secret clue token puzzle use the fucking japanese translation of the ugin quote, instead of the English one.

There's these piles of clues and motif's pointing in all these directions and you pick this tiny tiny segment and scream "HOW COULD IT POSSIBLY BE ANYTHING BUT EMRAKUL!"
>>
>>46247533

>confirmed for not knowing how emotions work
>>
File: WHAT DOES IT MEAN.jpg (314KB, 1074x754px) Image search: [Google]
WHAT DOES IT MEAN.jpg
314KB, 1074x754px
>>46249806
>>
>>46249806
Jenrik
Consider
the
angels
their
ree
>>
>>46248534
The simplest possibility is the OTHER Elder Dragon out there. Who is noted for being good at fucking with people's heads, happens to have a grudge against Ugin and everything he did, and is a filthy lying snake.
He'd just need to fill her head with lies, cloud her judgment just enough so that she doesn't realize just how horrible of an idea what she's doing is, and then...point her towards Innistrad, home plane of one of Ugin's allies.
>>
>>46245284

Then isn't it more like a 5/3 flyer for 6 mana since you have to play the plate and equip it?
Thread posts: 430
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.