[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else into X-Wing Miniature game? How do you prepare for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: x-Wing Min.jpg (784KB, 2150x1216px) Image search: [Google]
x-Wing Min.jpg
784KB, 2150x1216px
Anyone else into X-Wing Miniature game?
How do you prepare for tournaments, how do you train?
>>
I stay on target
>>
>>46240899
In order to get ready for a tournament, you must realize that several faggots are going to bring broken lists that they found on Reddit, another couple will run the meta because they are incapable of being even remotely original and at least one guy will bring a TIE swarm because 'muh Empire'.

In order to make a good list, think about how you would fly against it.
>Who is the most dangerous
>Is it based on a single gimmick? If so, is it easily rendered moot?
>Can you confidently fly the list?

Sheer piloting ability can shred even the most op lists. If you find yourself struggling to gage distances and where your ships will land, just plunk down some rocks on a table and start flying. As for determining where your opponents will maneuver, learn the dials and play a ton of games against different lists.

But most importantly, have fun.
>>
>>46241421
STAY ON TARGET
>>
>>46241942
This is all great advice. One more good word for the actual tournament:
>if you look at his list and you can't see a way of winning, concentrate on his highest point ship and work your way down.
At the end of the day MoV can push you from middle-of-the-pack to top four, even if you lose a couple of games.
>>
>>46240899
Play games. Play games against the best players you know. Play games against randos on Vassel. Play games against yourself.

As >>46241942 said, piloting ability is important, and that distance-judging only comes with practice.
>>
>>46241942
OP here.

Thanks for the advice, I am pretty new to the game but I love it! I currently play against myself, my wife and 1-2 more people that I know...

I have studied a few strategy "guides" and watched most of the official tournament games.

Also I want to get into Scum and Villainy, since they are pretty different that then other functions.

All constructive criticism is welcome!
>>
>>46241942
>As for determining where your opponents will maneuver, learn the dials and play a ton of games against different lists.

Can I not have with me a sheet with all other ships maneuver list?
>>
X-Wing is a fun game.

To git gud, all you need to do is play. Get familiar with how things fly, how your squad wins, how your squad loses, same for other squads. Play against better players, ask them for advice.

Some people listen to podcasts. I may be slightly biased as one of the hosts, but I'd recommend the Kessel Run.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.