[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All of the elves in your setting have been replaced by the closest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 8

All of the elves in your setting have been replaced by the closest analogous tribe of protoss. How does this affect your campaign?
>>
I dunno, I don't into fuck fuck fuck Starcraft.
>>
>>46235589
I post my topics on >>>/v/ instead of shitting up /tg/.
>>
I guess it adopts an aesthetic I don't really care for
>>
>>46235589

What? High/regular elves = regular protoss
Dark elves = Dark Templars
Wood/feral elves = those crazy NPC guys worshipping the hybrids?
>>
>>46235657
This actually becomes an occasional topic newfriend. We have shit like "What if the Covenant was in 40k"
>>
>>46235695
Khalai = High Elves
Nerazhim = Wood Elves
Tal'darim = Dark Elves
Purifiers = Robot Elves
>>
>>46235799
>Purifiers
>"the fuck is this shit"
>look it up

I'm glad I picked FO4 over Legacy of the Void.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (150KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
150KB, 1920x1080px
>>46235841
Oh, yeah, it was awful. And just when you think it couldn't possibly get any worse, a giant space manatee turned Kerrigan into the Phoenix Force.
>>
>>46235896

Of course, because purified Kerrigan and then re-Zerged Kerrigan floating off in 2 wasn't bad enough.
>>
WoL wasn't that bad, autistic movie critic-like gamer complaints aside. It upheld the spirit of SC1 and BW quite well.

Then the series went full Warcraft.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (143KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
143KB, 1280x720px
Only Wings of Liberty is worth the monies. The rest is pretty meh
>>
>>46236006
>>46236030
Terrans a best

I'd still fug Selendis, tho
>>
>>46236046
>I'd still fug Selendis, tho

That goes without saying.
>>
Had a Okay HFY track tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQyV9qMK7FM
>>
>>46236006
nah. It started the TIDINGS OF DOOM

the non main story missions were the best. Really reminded me of SC1
>>
>>46236046
>>46236159
Oh, yeah! She spends pretty much all of LotV mind controlled by Amon. I think she appears in two missions, total.
>>
>>46236260
This is why we can't have nice things.
>>
>>46235896
>a giant space manatee turned Kerrigan into the Phoenix Force.
jegus fuck WHAT?!?!
>>
>>46236544

I looked it up. I think they rescue the last remaining Xel'Naga (the manatee) who pours his essence into Kerrigan and transformers her into some kind of space goddess to fight Amon.

Thus ending the recurring cycle of Xel'Naga creating and destroying the universe repeatedly, which created the Zerg/Protoss in this cycle, all in an attempt to stop/run from Amon.
>>
>>46236621

Dammit, Metzen.

Back in your "edgy" phase, you used to write some passable to pretty good sci-if and fantasy plots and make some kickass art. What the fuck happened?
>>
>>46236006
if the ending of WoL was the space cowboys saying fuck the prophecies and ancient macguffins and killing her anyways it would have been a perfect game

literally perfect
>>
>>46236792
yeah. the entire thing was a way to redeem her. And then in the next game she shits all over that and becomes ZERG QUEEN MK2
>>
>>46236030
I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with Nova. If only because it might give me some kind of payoff for the blueballs I got from Ghost.
>>
>>46236822
yeah. A focus on gritty sci-fi elements of starcraft might just be the thing,
>>
>>46236030

I just bought the Army Men SC Marines and Zerglings.
>>
Reminder that UED will never return
>>
>>46236879
I don't care about gritty sci-fi all that much (I mean, it's starcraft), I just want a game without kerrigan in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGoUsd-RHqU
>>
File: qU0yAxg.gif (1MB, 413x192px) Image search: [Google]
qU0yAxg.gif
1MB, 413x192px
>>46236006
>WoL wasn't that bad,
>It upheld the spirit of SC1 and BW quite well.
>>46236792
>it would have been a perfect game
>>
>>46237109
Does my opinion trigger you, anon.
>>
>>46237109

Go play SC1 instead of relying on your shoddy memory.
>>
>>46236996
yeah. I hear you man
>>
>>46237286
I have played both. Sc1 was a gritty sci fi adventure.
Sc2 was Blizzard making Burning Crusade : In Space edition
>>
>>46237372
>I have played both

I meant replay it moron. Like, right now.
>>
>>46237420
I did that last weekend.
>>
>>46237372
>Sc2 was Blizzard making Burning Crusade : In Space edition
only when they dealt with the PROPHECIES specifically

remember we're talking only about WoL here
>>
>>46236748
He can't think straight with all that brown orc cock lodged firmly down his gullet.
>>
>>46237520
It was more like the ashbringer cocktease in vanilla
>>
>>46235589
Brothels are probably a lot less fun
>>
>>46236621
Wait, they actually ripped off Mass Effect?
>>
>>46235841
>>46235896
>>46236544
>>46236621
I got Wings of Liberty, played the campaign once, then dropped it because I could never get used to playing a whole new Starcraft. There's always been this part of me that wanted to give it another chance, since I genuinely enjoyed the campaign in spite of its faults.

That part is now silent.
>>
I liked the spear of adun and all the various protoss factions.

I don't hate what they did with kerrigan or amon (though it could have been done better).
>>
>>46237827
Or more fun. Telekinesis, yo.
>>
>>46236621
Remember when the Xel'naga were a race of scientists and explorers else hubris inspired them to play god and mutilate developing species to suit their arbitrary definition of purity? And how, when confronted with the realization that their erstwhile creators were not, in fact, gods, their creations turned on them?

Yeah, turns out it was all really space!Sargeras all along.
>>
File: 1452899841544.png (91KB, 353x228px) Image search: [Google]
1452899841544.png
91KB, 353x228px
>>46235589
>Starcraft lore
>>
>>46242482
you haven't read the latest warcraft lore have you?
>>
>>46243690
No, I gave up after they revealed that the draenei were really good eredar all along.
>>
>>46244592
eh. Its not as near bad as the new lore.
hop over to the warcraft thread and cry your heart out
>>
>>46242482
I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that all of the Blizzard's universes are connected
>>
File: Azeroth_SC2_Cncpt1.jpg (137KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Azeroth_SC2_Cncpt1.jpg
137KB, 1280x960px
>>46244909
Boy, have I got news for you. It's just an April Fools joke for now.
>>
>>46235697
They'd get assraped by anything and everything in that setting
>>
>>46245275
I don't know about Halo, but the Protoss would be fine in 40k. The Spear of Adun is basically a minor craftworld. They're no worse off than the Eldar and they've been clinging tenaciously to life for ten thousand years.

And OP's premise was that all the elves in your setting are replaced with Protoss so you'd have a dozen different craftworlds worth of Templari, a webway full of Tal'darim and hundreds of worlds infested with Nerazim.
>>
File: hs11.7art610.jpg (101KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
hs11.7art610.jpg
101KB, 610x343px
>>46244909
They are.
>>
>>46246114
>And OP's premise was that all the elves in your setting are replaced with Protoss so you'd have a dozen different craftworlds worth of Templari, a webway full of Tal'darim and hundreds of worlds infested with Nerazim.
And a fuckload of giggling Imperial vehicle crews who have turned colossus tipping into a galactic phenomenon.
>>
>>46246372
Is that before or after they've been incinerated by the laser death rays?
>>
>>46246372
I really want to see the black templars tear a giant gaping hole in the koprulu subsector
>>
File: marinesvs-terran.jpg (223KB, 1280x906px) Image search: [Google]
marinesvs-terran.jpg
223KB, 1280x906px
>>46246415
Shit would be so cash.

Sorry I only have a smurf version
>>
>>46247712
That is the only version.
>>
>>46247712
see, if those were black templars' the marine would be dead
>>
>>46245275
>glassing
>ships comparable in size to Imperial ships
>testicle chins
>>
Rohana Vorazun or Selendis you faggots
>>
>>46258968
Why not all three?

At once?
>>
>>46260768
you will end up embarrassing yourself
>>
>>46235589
The elves now talk like they're really excited about how serious and stiff they are. Also they're more into fighting things than they used to be, but they're so self-denying that they don't actually pick more fights. So net result, not much happens.

>>46235841
Legacy of the Void is the least stupid chapter of Starcraft 2.

>>46236544
Yeah that happens.

Still better than Heart Of The Swarm.

>>46235799
Robot Elves actually sound pretty cool.
>>
Whose idea was it that Unity Barrier deserved to be unlocked at level 20? Whose idea was it that Unity Barrier should be a thing at all?
>>
>>46235896
Well, that's a way to describe it if you want to be derisive.

From perspective of the fluff it was alright and provided ending that was suitably cosmic in scale.
>>
>>46262137
no, it turned from a small sector wide scale to encompass ALL OF CREATION
>>
>>46262150
Setting was full of overpowered mystic shit right from the first pages of manual of original starcraft.

Although I'll give you that, any sapient species that might have developed outside of koprulu sector really got short end of the stick. Question is whether the designers have thought about the scale from the start.
>>
>>46262150

It also went from spaghetti sci fi to space opera but I guess that started as early as BW.
>>
>>46262194
broodwar was well executed and the stakes were grounded.
>>46262192
wrong. The xel'naga were a race of space faring autists who thought it would be funny to create the perfect creature and got eaten because of it. They weren't gods keeping the cosmic order in check.
>>
>>46262218
I thought that was Amon fucking with their experiments leading to them getting eaten.
>>
>>46262243
According to SC2 all of it was Amon and his butt buddies. The true Xel'Naga preferred to let the whole merge thingy happen naturally.
>>
>>46262243
I was talking about the original game.
>>
>>46262275
The original lore wanted the xel'naga to create a perfect species, and they first started with the protoss. When the toss chimped out and started AoS, they left and decided that free will is not a good idea and they should focus on the purity of essence. They find the larva on the VOLCANIC world of zerus that burrows in the lava and use it to create the zerg. Then the zerg eat the xel'naga and the overmind learns of where Aiur is and sets about to create the mustard rice.
>>
>>46235589
>I barely know SC1 lore from over a decade ago and can't be fucked looking into the new shit.
>I'm working on a very simple Sun Elf - Normal Protoss, Dark Elf - Dark Protoss
>Do Protoss even have genders? If yes, they are all female in this.

So a Dark Templar killed a Dark Archon but was sloppy and was discovered doing so. So they ran away.
Ended up bumping into a party with a Protoss Templar and a half Protoss-Human hybrid and stuck with them for the time being.
The Templar was on a mission to recover an ancient Protoss artefact that was stolen in a raid, the rest of the party were hunting the raider leader for all the other shit they'd been doing.
The Protoss Hybrid fancied themselves a Paladin but they loved gambling and sex to much to undertake the vows.
>>
Well, my Wood Elf Artificer is going to be very, very confused. She's never been one for Psionics, she's engineering and arcane magic.

Not even sure what she'd end up as beyond 'Missing being able to eat'
>>
Nothing much changes.
Elves exist in the background but other then two exceptions, we've never even met them.

Our shape-shifting party member pretends to be a Protoss for a time till we discover that she wasn't. Assuming she still did this.
She was an Elf for the ease of getting around civilisation and keeping attention deflected away from her over her natural Centaur-esque form.
And when we confronted the BBEG we rescue a Protoss lady from being tortured to death.

There would probably be a larger degree of Psionic and Anti-Psionic equipment and knowladge around overall but otherwise, nothing.
>>
>>46262346

That really was a lot better than generic 'Space gods'
>>
>>46263290
This. It also provided a counterpoint to the Terrans accidentally evolving themselves into a psionic species through unchecked genetic manipulation, which is part of what got them banished to the Koprulu Sector in the first place. The Overmind needed Kerrigan because that kind of psionic potential isn't naturally occurring, it has to be engineered and the pre-Terran exiles had managed to do so without meaning to.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.