[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>A devout Warpriest >Discovered a corpse. >Recognizes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: pala.jpg (137KB, 543x800px) Image search: [Google]
pala.jpg
137KB, 543x800px
>A devout Warpriest
>Discovered a corpse.
>Recognizes him as his god. Or at least what's left.
>He still has priestly magic.

What would be a realistic reaction to it?
>>
>>46225512
>oh look, there's the corpse of my god but I can still use his magic. Probably because his spirit is still in the heavens. Carry on
>>
>>46225588
This.

He's a war god. Defeat is part of war and War must embody it.
>>
Does the death of the god make the gods teachings less relevant?
>>
>>46225687
I guess it does if his followers are shallow fuckers who are only in it for the rewards their god gives.
>>
File: 1382958151116.jpg (848KB, 1200x1057px) Image search: [Google]
1382958151116.jpg
848KB, 1200x1057px
>A devoted Pantydin
>Discovered a pair of panties.
>Recognizes them as belong to her goddess of panties
>Still has dominion over pantyshots

What would be an anime reaction to it?
>>
>>46225750
What shitty followers.
>>
File: 1458696703746.jpg (106KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1458696703746.jpg
106KB, 640x1136px
A good story arch could be that the God who killed his God took his place, and now he must learn of this new God, and either avenge or adopt
>>
>>46225793
Or just to kill him in turn and take his place. I think it might make for a cool religion for a god of combat or assassins or something like that, if trying to kill your god and take his place was considered a holy act for the most powerful and devoted followers.
>>
>>46225793
I kind of like the idea that a god kills another god and takes there place, and then that god, through interactions with the priesthood of the original god, learns many important wisdoms, realizes how horrible he's been, and finds redemption and atonement through religion.

Wait, shit, that's pretty much Small Gods isn't it?
>>
>>46225793
I have the plot of my next campaign.
Thanks
>>
>>46225664

That makes a lot of sense. Though it opens up a lot of other questions as to other gods. Is the god of life also the god of death? How does this apply to other gods? Does each god have a partner twin, or are the dual aspects, or are they just one in the same from one extreme to another? Are there concepts with no definite opposite that embody something singularly, and if so how do they relate to those with defined opposites? Is devotion split between sects of those sects that worship one end, and the sects that worship the other, and sects that see the whole?

Actually kind of neat worldbuilding-wise to try and flesh this out.
>>
>>46225961
Nothing wrong with stealing from the best.
>>
>>46225512
Christianity.
>>
>>46225512
Instant madness or ritual suicide.
>>
>>46225512
Either a new god has taken up the mantle of the dead god, or the dead god isn't actually dead (entirely possible, since the dead god is a god and everything). Also it might be that a priest's power comes from their own faith rather than through any direct intervention of a god.
>>
>>46225512
Kane lives in death
>>
I guess this physical manifestation was more of a messenger than a fighter. Better bury the corpse or I'll get god AIDS.
>>
He'll say the same thing Christians say when you bring up dinosaur bones. "It's just a test of my faith! God loves me so much that he's trying to trick me into believing something that will get me sent to Hell!"
>>
>>46229652
*Tips Fedora* Euphoric
>>
>>46225512
Cast True Resurrection.
>>
File: weekend at bernies.jpg (80KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
weekend at bernies.jpg
80KB, 480x720px
>>46225512
>>
>>46225687
If the god's teachings are separate and distinct from the god's own divinity, then the god wasn't being worshipped in the first place. Might as well have been a shiny mortal writing a self-help book.
>>
>>46229795
>shiny mortal writing a self-help book
What are saints and prophets?
>>
File: 25104127.jpg (594KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
25104127.jpg
594KB, 1920x1080px
>>46225512

Some people react differently than others. Some negatively, some positively. Some fall in line with contrary dogma, others seek to change dogma to accommodate reality.

Frankly, you've just found a relic of your god. That would pretty much affirm faith at this point, and such a relic would deserve a place of worship. Obviously, despite being a corpse, it's still a source of fantastic power as you maintain all your priestly powers, so it's very much debatable whether or not this is actually a negative sign.
>>
>>46225512
>"I...guess that's the same as a field promotion."
>>
>I like it.
>Now I can be the new one
>>
>>46225512
Brief existential crisis followed by a reaffirmation of faith, and a spiritual *need* to take up the mantle of his deity.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.