[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any good d100 based systems out there? thinking about converting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: 2D10.jpg (99KB, 1836x771px) Image search: [Google]
2D10.jpg
99KB, 1836x771px
Any good d100 based systems out there? thinking about converting a d20 system to it and i'd like to know of any i should learn from.
>>
WFRP 2nd Edition
>>
>>46206222
BRP
>>
>>46206222
Warhammer Stuff seems popular.
>>
>>46206366
This OP, it's pretty solid and you can very easily adapt it to whatever setting or weak the rules around, it's just a very solid system
>>
Rifts
>>
D100 provides too much granularity, it's pointless in a roleplaying system and does nothing other than make the numbers bigger.
>>
File: +2 AC.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
+2 AC.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>46207054
>somebody hasn't played Unknown Armies

Unknown Armies treats matched rolls, where you roll say a 6 and a 60 as a critical roll with adverse or better results than usual, and allows players to "flip flop" rolls under certain conditions (often magical), so if you roll a 2 and 40, you could turn that into a 4 and 20.

that and using the ones and tens die for different types of damage lead to a very slim lined, fast and robust system.

And a benefit of large numbers is that players can gain a lot of points through a campaign, allowing stuff like the Avatar system where a character gains power the better they roleplay in line with a given archetype.
>>
Warhammer fantasy roleplay 2e. My favorite system and setting.
>>46206457
>>46206366

My negroes
>>
>>46206974
The skills are d100, but the combat system is more d20-based.

Also, OP asked for good systems.
>>
>>46207054
You can say the same thing about having tons of weapons in the same category with just minor stat differences, or races that only give miniscule stat boosts, or any number of things that most people are in love with.

D100 has the advantage of being really easy for everyone to wrap their head around when it comes to odds, there's no having to explain bellcurves or taking into account dicepools of many small dice vs few large ones, it's just regular % that everyone already knows.

I much prefer it, especially when you're running games with normal people who don't have boners for game design theory or have played 12 other systems.

>I need to roll 80 or lower? Okay so 80% chance of success, here we go.
>>
>>46208045
That's only barely a benefit over d20, where if you *really* need something in percentile odds you just multiply by five.
>>
>>46206366
>>46206457
>>46207974
You are all captains of industry.

WHFB 2e is best system.
>>
>>46208045
This so hard. I brought so many into the hobby with whfrp who didn't know jack shit
>>
>>46208081
You have me interested. is there a book with lizardmen/tomb kings? i love both of those armies but haven't found a book with them.
>>
>>46208080
Sure, but lets be honest, rolling 2 D10 is not exactly a HUGE hassle compared to a D20.

It baffles me how people will argue about "convenience" in minor situations like this but have no problems playing the average rules heavy d20 system in general.

I definitely think the added granularity is worth the minute extra effort of looking at 2 dice instead of one. As long as you have 2 of different colour to roll at the same time instead of rolling 2 consecutively, then yeah, it's a bit of a hassle.
>>
>>46208128
Nights dark masters and old world bestiary give you everything you need to have tomb king stuff as enemies, no scalies tho
>>
>>46208080

How would one roll any percentile that isn't a multiple of five?
>>
>>46208045
Interesting, my group much prefers systems where a sword is a sword and it does 1d6 damage no matter how you fluff it, and where racial differences are completely cosmetic.
>>
>>46208213
That's nice dear
>>
>>46208212
You don't. Its stupid
>>
>>46208213
I was trying to make the point that it's weird for me that someone would argue against more granularity in a genre that's usually jam-packed with trivia and padding that don't make too much difference already.

That said, a sword hit with 500% damage difference between the lowest and highest result and no subcategories? What are you, a peasant?
>>
>>46208128
Unfortunately WFRP2e is rather Empire-centric. The core races of Human, Dwarf, Elf, and Halfling are all supposed to be characters situated in the Empire, rather than necessarily a dwarf from a hold or an elf direct from Ulthuan. There are rules for Norscans, Kiselvites, Tileans, Estalians, and whole supplements for Bretonnia and Skaven(!) player characters, but little else. The game is simple enough though that there's no reason you couldn't come up with rules for playing Orcs, Goblins, Lizardmen, Ogres (which fits in so nicely with the Empire WHY DIDN'T THEY DO IT!? D:), or even Un/Bestigor characters, and a bevvy of careers that would still work for most of them, though the pool would be much, much smaller than for more 'standard' races.

It is an absolutely magnificent system and you can do a ton with it. For the most worthwhile supplements, Career Compendium, Old World Armoury, and Old World Bestiary are must haves. Runners up are Realms of Sorcery, Tome of Salvation and Tome of Corruption. You can find all of these in the links in the /wfrpg/ thread. Hope that helps.
>>
>>46208364
Nah, that's just the base, the roll will be modified.
>>
>>46208389
Forgot to add that I specifically didn't list undead of any variety in there because the rules would be much more complex than your average race as well as requiring some pretty serious work on making careers. Don't expect to be able to wing rules on Tomb Kings characters or spellcasting with Incantations over night. I've never heard of or seen it done in all the years I've been playing WFRP2e.
>>
>>46206366
It is one of my favorites. Just a shame its part of Warhammer.
>>
>>46208389
It wasn't so much looking to have people play as lizards than play against them. lizards, TK and WoC are my top armies for fantasy so if i were to run it i'd like to see a bestiary with those.
>>
I kind of like the idea of a percentage system, but I feel that 55% and 56% don't matter enough to me to go to the trouble.

The best of both worlds, for me, is to use d20 based systems and just translate them in my head. So I know that an 18 is a 90% chance for example.
>>
>>46206387
Is it any good? I've been thinking of trying it out with my group
>>
>>46208508
its simple enough and I like it

Call of Cthulhu uses it
>>
>>46207054
>D100 provides too much granularity, it's pointless in a roleplaying system and does nothing other than make the numbers bigger.

Its offer simplicity to decide how your rpg should be.

WIth some systems like 3d6, some developers and dms, will fuck up while creating something, because they cant reallly think about 3d6 statistics so easily.

With d100 its percentage, easier to see and roll.
>>
>>46208466
They have plenty of undead options and, more obviously, a vast majority of the creatures and characters you fight are Chaos of some stripe or other, including Warriors of Chaos themselves, complete with their own lores (that Players can get access to if they like betraying friends and/or dying violently). Things like Ushabti and the like can be very easily converted from other monsters, and, simply put, the profiles can be winged. If D&D 3.x monster creation was simple enough for you, WFRP2e will be a breath of fresh air for being even more streamlined than that.
>>
>>46208502
To be honest, this.

Most D100 systems just work in multiples of 5 anyway, and there's no real difference between D100 using multiples of 5 and just straight D20.

It would, for example, be trivial to take Dark Heresy and just divide all the stats and bonuses by 5 and use D20 rolls. It would make no difference.
>>
>>46206222
GURPS
I'm sure it has a sourcebook that does this.
>>
>>46210271
gurps is 3d6 isn't it?
>>
>>46209084
It seems lure of the liche lord has a bunch of TK options.
>>
>>46210271
GURPS is a great system, but it's not d100.
>>
>>46206366
>WFRP 2nd Edition
Where can I find a pdf of this?
>>
>>46212140
here ya go (along with a ton of other shit):
https://mega.nz/#F!axkmmbKT!NKiex_659PAGOlaKBbukFA!3kVHnaLI
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.