[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/ Star Wars General: Base Delta Zero Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 45

File: image.jpg (96KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 600x449px
Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related

Previous Thread: >>46138610 → #

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
>>
>>46199055
Since someone forgot to make a new thread and I couldn't find a new one this morning
>>
So what ships should be added to X-wing without adding a new faction?
>>
File: Pinook_Fighter_Schematic.jpg (113KB, 1812x1624px) Image search: [Google]
Pinook_Fighter_Schematic.jpg
113KB, 1812x1624px
>>46199412
Pretty much everything from the flight sims that isn't a cap-ship or unarmed transport.
>>
File: 1458031757686.jpg (91KB, 800x395px) Image search: [Google]
1458031757686.jpg
91KB, 800x395px
is this canon? ties landing this way?
>>
>>46199770
sadly, no.

Ties can't fold their panels up.
and, in fact, will use the panels instead of actual landing gear.
>>
>>46199804
awww, ok thanks
this was TFA concept art so I was hoping...
>>
File: Jc34WQV.jpg (62KB, 600x505px) Image search: [Google]
Jc34WQV.jpg
62KB, 600x505px
>>46199881
if TFA concept art was canon, all of the batshit insane stuff in there would be too and that would be bad
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 393x222px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 393x222px
>>46199412
Tie Hunter
>stat me SWG
>>
>>46199932
>the regular lightsaber hilt with a crystal sticking out of it
That explains why when they FX'd the Anakin lightsaber, they put the blade both above and below the actual emitter.
>>
>>46199969
Silhouette: 3
Speed: 5
Handling: +2
Shields: 1 forward, 1 aft.
Armor: 2
HT threshold: 9
System Strain threshold: 12
Hyperdrive: class 2
Weapons: Forward-mounted twin light ion cannons, forward-mounted medium laser cannons, forward-mounted proton torpedo launcher.
>>
>>46199969
Base Stats
Attack: 2
Evade: 3
Hull: 2
Shields: 1

Actions:
Target Lock, Focus, Boost, Barrel Roll

Upgrade Bar:
Torpedo

Comes with a title which allows it to equip the Ion Cannon ala the Mist Hunter.
>>
>>46199932
If only everything else about it wasn't canon
>>
>>46200560
Poe and Finn can stay. They're alright.
>>
>>46200611
Agreed.
>>
>>46200560
Fuck you, I like BB-8.
>>
>>46200734

Seconded
>>
>>46200734
Fuck BB-8, to me he had none of the charm of R2. Tried and fucking failed.
Plus the design was retarded, does he have like four sets of the same tool inside him depending on what angle the sphere's at?
>>
>>46200734
>implying Rey isn't qt
>>
>>46200857
>mary sue
>abrasive unlikeable bitch
Shit taste desu
>>
>>46200900
>Mary Sue

Like Luke wasn't.

>abrasive unlikeable bitch

How can someone have this shit of tastes?

Let's not shit up the thread with this.
>>
File: rey cute.webm (627KB, 720x304px) Image search: [Google]
rey cute.webm
627KB, 720x304px
>>46200857
>>
Organics are the only way to go in the RPGs, yes?
>>
>>46200938
Technically, he wasn't... He was Stu.

>>46200803
I'm sorry you have no soul... Really, I mourn for your bitter, twisted life. Luckily there's a cure for that. Allow BB-8 into your heart, and he will save you from being a flattened pile of shit.
>>
File: 1456368573495.jpg (52KB, 552x472px) Image search: [Google]
1456368573495.jpg
52KB, 552x472px
>>46200938
>Luke
>Quite obviously a whiny, naive farm boy relying on the competence of his allies to get by for most of ANH
>Shot down in ESB, watched his squadron get slaughtered again, then proceeded to lose his hand and nearly fuck up the entire Bespin escape due to his cockiness
>Skirts the Dark Side at Jabba's palace and nearly dies at Endor because he isn't really powerful enough to take on Palpatine
>Loses his competence, his relevance, and most/all of the fucking NJO in TFA
Luke had a hard life.
>>
>>46201049
Empire was a good film, for a very fucking good reason. It made Luke a lot more credible.

In ANH, he's very much a Marty Mc Skywalker Stue. Whines a lot, finds some droids, meets an old guy who gives him a laser sword and tells him he's great, has a tragic past where his family dies due to not having plot armor, saves a princess using a really stupid idea, somehow translates his speeder driving skills into flying the newest fucking top of the line space fighter, doesn't get killed, and blows up the whole fucking Death Star.

Empire is the movie that turned him from the insufferable shit character into an actual decent character.
>>
>>46200938
>Like Luke wasn't.
Well, he did have to work his ass off to become a Jedi knight, a true Stu wouldn't have to work hard to be good at anything, they just magically are.
>>
>>46201147
>somehow translates his speeder driving skills into flying the newest fucking top of the line space fighter, doesn't get killed,
Luke drops lines about flying on Tatooine and shooting womp rats. Deleted scenes also include Biggs vouching for Luke's skills and Red Leader talking about serving with Anakin in the Clone Wars. Then the old visual dictionaries and cross-section guides mentioned that Luke's Skyhopper had a nearly identical control layout to the X-wing.

And even then, he struggles. Luke makes one on-screen kill against a TIE that was focused on Biggs. He survived the trench because Biggs, Wedge, and Han had his back. Without them, he would have been fucked. The trench run shot also wasn't really that impossible. One of the other runners (Red Leader, IIRC) missed it by a few meters.
>>
The problem here is that the term "Mary Sue" has lost all meaning and simply become shorthand for "get this bitch out of my nerd shit".
>>
>>46201350
Exactly. Luke needed all the help he could get in many situations.

>>46201386
Either way, the end result is the same for me. I feel Rey is boring.
>>
>>46201147
>In ANH, he's very much a Marty Mc Skywalker Stue.
when was the last time you even watched ANH
>>
>>46201443
>>46201049
>>46200900

I feel like Rey's big problem was that she sped along the process at an incredible speed.

HOWEVER she was much more open to accepting the force than Luke seemed to be (she was at least aware of the stories), and she had a much more stressful early life, meaning the force could have manifested in her early on whether she knew it or not, much like Anakin and pod racing.

Plus there's the whole "will of the force" thing, destiny blah blah.

The girl is obviously a Skywalker, she's basically force royalty. Plus she got the long end of the force-stick being Luke's little girl other than Kylo "Emo kid" Ren.
>>
>>46201547
I mean, her accepting the Force more easily doesn't change what is seen on-screen. I think things come too easily to her, justified or not. And I feel that's boring.
>>
>>46201586
I think it's balanced out pretty well with her not wanting to do anything except sit on shitty Jakku. Even on that planet where she gets kidnapped she was ready to ditch her friends, the lightsaber, space magic, everything to get back to her crappy old life. Sure reluctant hero is pretty archetypal but that's Star Wars in general. She's enough of a twist on Luke to make an interesting new main character. Sure I think Finn's a lot more interesting but then again I always liked Han more than Luke
>>
>>46201667
I think right now my entire opinion on TFA is contingent on what they do with Episode VIII. The anon who said that Luke became bearable in Empire is right, that film basically showed that when Luke tried to do what he did in ANH WITHOUT the benefit of blind luck he gets BTFO. I'm waiting to see how VIII handles Rey's development, because for the first film she's fine. Honestly I feel so bad for the writers and directors because if they just do Empire Strikes Back again than it taints the whole trilogy, but it was a formula that worked.
>>
>>46201489
About a month ago, anon. I've seen that movie enough times to know it line by line. I use it (and the rest of the OT) as background noise for when I'm repainting my X-wing minuatures.
>>
>>46201760
Yeah I agree making it that similar would be dumb. My go to plot is training for both Rey and Kylo for their inevitable second showdown. Unlike Empire she's dueled him before so it should be less onesided/about Luke's hubris. Through in a lot of lot Kylo stuff and some flash backs and it's dIfferent enough form Luke to be interesting. And if the other plot is more complex than "Our ship doesn't work/Finn and Poe get cabin fever" they should be able to dodge claims of ripping of fEmpire
>>
Some time ago the crafting rules from Keep the Peace was posted here. I stupidly forgot to save it, would any kind anon mind reposting them?
>>
>>46201760
8 is going to be the telling point for the new movies, I think. They can't just follow Empire, but they have to set that dark tone and show the neo-Empire First Order as getting it's shit together and actually doing more to kick in the Resistance's teeth. Wiping out a few planets with a super-weapon byperspace laser is one thing... An open engagement with the Reistance, and winning through sheer might, causing the Resistance to fracture and retreat, is something else entirely.

Luckily we've got just the director for this kind of movie... JJ did alright with TFA, but now we've got a certified sci-fi geek, who is all about emersion, plot twists, and general down-note stories that don't end with happily ever after. I have faith in Rian Johnson.
>>
File: rogue squadron bacta war colors.jpg (856KB, 1050x976px) Image search: [Google]
rogue squadron bacta war colors.jpg
856KB, 1050x976px
>>46201892
>An open engagement with the Reistance, and winning through sheer might, causing the Resistance to fracture and retreat, is something else entirely.
Every day, I wish more and more that the canon New Republic hadn't lost its balls.
>>
>>46201862
>>46201892
People said yet had faith in JJ too, and you know what?

I actually liked TFA.
>>
>>46201927
I agree.

But I would cream my jeans all over the movie theater if "Old Man Antilles" suddenly steps on stage to show these upstarts how to fly a fucking T-80 X-Wing. Throw in some new model A-Wings and B-Wings, and a few scrounged up Ys for good measure, and I'd be brought to tears.
>>
File: the man the myth the legend.jpg (200KB, 1600x815px) Image search: [Google]
the man the myth the legend.jpg
200KB, 1600x815px
>>46201969
I doubt Lawson will return. These days, people don't care enough about Wedge to give him more than a shitty cameo. Aftermath doesn't count by virtue of being complete shit.
>>
>>46201943
Oh yeah I agree it was a really fun film. But it has a ton of parallels with A New Hope and if they pull that again I think it will rub people the wrong way for sure
>>
>>46201943
It's ok Anon. I also liked TFA. And there's nothing wrong with that.

But I think Johnson's a better pick for the mext movie than JJ. TFA worked with his vision, but 8 needs to be grittier, and darker.
>>
>>46202002
Yeah, that's the thing. I admire Lawson for sticking to his guns and not wanting to do a small cameo role. So ultimately I hope they offer him something more than that. It would be really cool to see him stepping back in as a commanding officer for the remains of a new republic ace fighter squadron, and taking charge of shit. The kind of character who steps in on frame for the first time, and suddenly all the Resistance pilots, including Poe, take a knee for as he walks by.
>>
File: It keeps happening.gif (407KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
It keeps happening.gif
407KB, 400x400px
>This TFA shit again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUFWXpYJKaI
>>
>>46202088
>Take a knee

Ok Wedge is a badass but that sounds retarded. Fan loyalty is cool but we don't need full on chivalry shit
>>
>>46199055
Any good Battlefront II mods?
>>
>>46202113
This has been realively cordial even with differing opinions. Guess all the /tv/ trolls have fucked off by now so we have until Rogue One to actually talk about Star Wars
>>
>>46200504
nah dude, this was an X-Wing but dodgier.

Base Stats
Attack: 3
Evade: 3
Hull: 3
Shields: 1

Actions:
Target Lock, Focus, Boost, Barrel Roll

Upgrade Bar:
Torpedo

Cost: 22 Points
>>
>>46202114
The dude survived 2 death star runs, and was present through the beginnings of the Rebellion all the way through the end of the Empire. And he's a starfighter pilot. For the pilots of the Resistance, he'd be a legend in their midst. Other characters, and especially Leia or Akbar, or staff... It wouldn't be a big deal.
>>
>>46202088>>46202088

Would love to see Poe dip the knee to Rogue Squadron Royalty
>>
File: f-22-mobius.jpg (500KB, 2010x1130px) Image search: [Google]
f-22-mobius.jpg
500KB, 2010x1130px
>>46202203
Literally kneeling and going "Not worthy! Not worthy!" seems like the sort of thing eager academy students would do. For pilots like Poe, who have seen shit, they'd probably keep things tasteful and stick to hushed whispers and salutes.

Dipping your wing in respect during a flight is totally fine, though.
>>
>>46202203
>>46202218
It just seems way out of place for the scrappy underdog types to do that kind of shit. I'd rather have Pie just geek out about it then have Wedge tell it to cool off, fits the rebels/republic/resistance tone way better. Bending knees is what imperial lapdogs do
>>
>>46202218
Poe blew up Starkiller base he gets to be in the big boy club now with Luke and Wedge
>>
>>46202313
Interesting point, I did not account for Poe's attitude in all of this.
>>
>>46202313
It could be done as an honor thing. Like some newcomer pilot first notices, and takes a knee, and slowly all the resistance pilots do, until Wedge just stops, looks at them all and tells them to stand up.

Or hell, none of that happens and he fucking flies into a fight. It would be a cool nod to the extended universe if the first clip you see of him is his T-80 X-Wing fly by, covered in Tie stamps,any red, and bracketed by two death stars. And you have the audience has this moment of "awww shit..." Before it cuts to him looking gruff, impassive, and taking over command of fighter squadrons. No questions asked.
>>
>>46202339
Very true. It would serve as a commonality between them.
>>
>>46202339

I'd like to see a scene with Wedge in the fighter hangar, walking past Poe's fighter, pausing, then ordering a Starkiller kill mark painted onto it immediately.
>>
Anyone playing anything with a bit more flavour than TLT shit?

Thinking of:

Keyan; B2-Kyle Katarn; Stay on Target

Ibtisam; B2-C-3PO; Wired

Tycho; Refit; Test Pilot; PtL; Experimental Interface; Expert Handling

Not going to make huge waves at a LGS but amongst friends could be fun.
>>
File: mobius.png (39KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
mobius.png
39KB, 370x370px
>>46202398
>covered in Tie stamps
>Not just an infinity symbol
Shit, by that point, the techs would have probably given up keeping count.
>>
>>46202431
That would be awesome!
>>
>>46202433
I try not to run more than 1 TLTs in a squadron.

I played with a Tycho build like that, and it was hilarious and fun. But Autothrusters really is worth more than Expert Handling and Experimental Interface. Autothrusters has been the reason why Tycho's brought down Super-Dash, and murdered his way through TLT Y-Wings. Having that bonus when you're out of arc does a lot for the fragile A-Wing. That said, I found Test Pilot, Rage, Push the Limit (Rage has to be your first action for this, Autothrusters, and a Procket, to be pretty good.

I run Keyan with Stay on Target and Advanced Sensors. If points allow, I throw an HLC on him for extra kick. But I'm thinking of throwing Ezra in his back seat sometime, since he's always stressed.
>>
>>46202531
Yeah the AT are a great option, only reason I don't play them is I don't have the cards (pls no bully, I just like playing what I actually have).

Ezra crew is what I think I like the most when I get a Ghost (eventually), he'd work on both Keyan and Ibtisam fairly well.

I've also just discovered Tarn and his R7 buddy. Don't know how I missed that combo.
>>
>>46199770

Only canon for the TIE advanced prototype that the Inquisitor flies in SW Rebels.

But I agree that it's cool.
>>
File: 1458717183762[1].jpg (295KB, 1600x1140px) Image search: [Google]
1458717183762[1].jpg
295KB, 1600x1140px
My Force and Destiny PCs are looking for clues to find jedi temple ruins (~10BBY). I've wanted to keep them to mostly less main stream worlds so I don't have to contend with years and years of EU lore and I've decided upon Alaris Prime, a wookie colonized forest moon in the Kashyyyk system. I've sort of mentally hit a snag though, how do I fluff its day/night cycle?
Logically the gas giant it orbits would block out the sun for days at a time once an orbital period, no? How would the other 7 moons orbiting Alaris effect Alaris Prime's weather? Should I even bother worrying about this?

On a secondary note, I'm planning on there being a small scale wookie rebellion taking place on the surface. Would it be more fun if I just leave it to the PC's to find the temple with the conflict in the background or use the chance to present various conflict-generating decisions upon them? (Save potential wookie slaves at the cost of your own safety etc) What are some ways they could go about learning about the ruin's location?
>>
>>46200857

Definitely beautiful and good acting.

But she IS a Mary Sue. If she's had weaknesses or character flaws, she'd have been a more interesting and compelling character. Good acting, shitty writing.

(More accurately, cowardly writing. JJ was afraid of random idiots on Twitter calling him a sexist.)
>>
>>46202747
No bully. I'm the same way. I run Jan to get evades over 3P0, because I don't have the Tantive.

The Ghost is a pretty slick box. There's a lot of tasty gubbins in there, even if you rarely run the VCX. Ezra's a natural fit for Keyan, but so is Hera if you're unable to get a shot off one turn. I want to throw Sabine in Nera Dantel's B-Wing, and make an ordnanace-hog that everyone keeps a healthy distance from.

But yeah, Expert Handling and Experimental Interface will work good for Tycho. Keep a couple d20s on hand to track his rage! Rage would also work with the Experimental Interface as well, but Punishing Ones are currently rather hard to find.

Yeah, Tarn, R7, and integrated asto makes for a tough little X-Wing that is surprisingly tanky.
>>
>>46199672
1/1/1/1 focus target lock
Like, 8 points?
>>
Who (or what books) write the following well?
Jedi / the force
Space combat, Starfighter or capital vessel
>>
>>46202826
Nobody's in love with her (yet), and her backstory hasn't even been revealed. All we know is that she was abandoned. It's not like all her family was killed, resurrected, killed again, and 5 scenes were spent reinforcing that. Plus she got captured and thrown against a tree like a ragdoll, and she didn't exactly hand Kylo his ass until the standard amount of grit and determination happened.

Strong, yes. Lack of flaw? Meh, she's overly attached to a shitty sandbox and abysmal life. I call that a flaw. Suddenly develops force powers... Stretches it a bit. Sue? Only in the loosest terms. I'd say she rates about a 6.5 on a scale of 1 being Rincewind, and 10 being Wolverine.
>>
>>46202937
As always, look to the holy trinity of Zahn, Allston, and Stackpole for guidance. For Jedi doing Jedi shit, the first few FotJ books and the Jedi Apprentice/Jedi Quest/Young Jedi Knights books. ymmv obviously, they're contentious and young reader books, respectively, but the focus is on Jedi Jedi-ing, so you could do worse
>>
>>46202826
>No weaknesses
>Believes she's "no one" and wants to live on a craphole planet eating instant muffins on the off chance that someone will come for her after years of isolation even when given the opportunity to be with people who care about her

Yeah she is totally a perfect picture of mental health
>>
>>46202143

Then we'll have a lot of shit to shovel because I think at least one of the pilots is a woman and another might be a latino.
>>
>>46203007
>and 10 being Richard Rahl

Fix'd. Darth Gokuverine levels of Sue.
>>
>>46203120
>Darth Gokuverine
Goku becomes a Sith Lord and travels to Morrowind?
>>
>>46202461

True fax:

The actor who played Wedge was offered a bit part in Star Wars VII, but everyone decided against it, including the actor, because they didn't want to just sort of tack him on and he wanted a more significant part.

He could, in fact, end up written into VIII, since, with the Republic now facing some serious shit with the loss of their armada, even an old retired Ace like Wedge might be recalled to service once more to fight the good fight.
>>
>>46203093
>Rogue One
>Pilots
>Plural
Wait, the story is about fighter pilots again? They decided to undo the betrayal that was making it about ground-pounders stealing the Death Star plans?
>>
>>46202933

I'd say at least 2/2/2/1, Focus and Target Lock, Modification and Illicit. Now it's just strictly worse than a Z-95 or TIE Fighter.
>>
>>46203151

I'm pretty sure X-Wings are making an appearance in it. Might be ground-pounders, I don't know. I haven't been following as much.

Might also be confusing it with the other various instances of "Rogue" that appear in as fighter squadrons.
>>
>>46203140
This is muh hopes and dreams... That and seeing updat d B-Wings, and Tie Interceptors. And A-Wings. And some old Ys and T-65s still kicking it. And maybe a couple flybys of some Black Sun ships as a cameo.
>>
>>46203120
In that case, about a 4.2
>>
>>46203203

>And maybe a couple flybys of some Black Sun ships as a cameo
>"It's so dense. Every single image has so many things going on."

I was honestly surprised by the restraint they showed in VII with the ships. I would like to see more, and we'll most likely get it come VIII.
>>
>>46203084
Odds are it's just 'lol Jedi mind imprint'
>>
File: DarthGokuverine.jpg (24KB, 312x388px) Image search: [Google]
DarthGokuverine.jpg
24KB, 312x388px
>>46203139
>>
>>46203151
Personally I think its off to a great start from what we are hearing, I'm really looking forward to X-Wing Down the movie
>>
>>46203284
Or someone did dump baby-Rey off in planet-Sandbox, and she actually does have abandonment issues.
>>
File: displeasedchancellors.png (587KB, 869x613px) Image search: [Google]
displeasedchancellors.png
587KB, 869x613px
>>46203291
Oh, Wolverine. That's way more boring.
>>
File: rogueonex-wing.jpg (144KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rogueonex-wing.jpg
144KB, 1280x720px
>>46200970
Not really. Droids are pretty viable, at least in FFG's.

>>46202816
For the second point, it depends on how much you want to stretch things out. You can definitely make it so they have a chance to participate in at least helping out a little bit, but just remember that depending on how your player are prone to acting, or how their characters might feel about the situation, they might attempt to take a bigger part in the fight and it could turn something of a handful of sessions to becoming something closer to a campaign focus.

>>46203195
There's definitely at least an X-Wing appearance.
>>
>>46199055

Had our first PC death in campaign last session. Pretty rough stuff. But we're still in the middle of a battle so it is hard to mourn.
>>
Shiiiiit. Got Nexus of Power and can't wait to temporarily strand my party on Weik the next time they botch an astrogation check.
>>
>>46203730
I need full disclosure on Weik anon
>>
>>46203730
Oh man it goes more in depth into Weik? That plant sounded pretty cool in the core book
>>
>>46201667
>I think it's balanced out pretty well with her not wanting to do anything except sit on shitty Jakku.

"Balanced" how?

A character needs to face credible challenges or some kind of progression. Luke started as a whiny, annoying kid (not just to us the viewer, but to the people around him, too). He was awkward and naive. He was a decent pilot, but that's it (and we only see that at the end of the movie). He gets carried through the story, first by Obi Wan, and later by Han, repeatedly being defeated in story conflicts (vs sand people, tough guys at the cantina, etc.)

Luke's arc is becoming a Jedi. He goes from no power, to at the end of the movie maybe possibly a power (or maybe it's just luck or piloting skill).

Han starts out highly competent. His arc is moral-- deciding to be a good person and put something above himself and Chewie. That's why shooting Greedo without provocation is so important-- he's SUPPOSED to be morally grey.

Leia's arc doesn't really begin until Empire. She's cold and emotionally isolated-- used to power and politics but cut off from her humanity. Her story is her connection with Han and Luke-- not as useful allies but as friends and family.

They're so compelling because they have flaws to overcome. Weaknesses that mean that when they face dramatic conflict, there's a sense that they might lose. When in Empire, Kenobi laments "That boy was our last hope." Yoda replies, "No. There is another." That's incredibly important because it's telling the viewer that the story won't end if Luke is defeated, so Vader COULD win.

cont
>>
File: swf29_theadamitetower.jpg (74KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
swf29_theadamitetower.jpg
74KB, 700x400px
>>46203791
>>46203795
Similar to what's mentioned in the Core, basically planet of various species living in a feudal-style life, having things like paladins and such, re-using some of the old technology from their crashed ship.

Force is a little more widespread, essentially it's like Wizards/Mages type of thing where they believe the force is magic and requires things like using blood or reading from spellbooks or shouting the name of an ability out loud, and so people both respect and fear people who use it. Four different organizations of force followers, Paladins who live in the Adamite Tower, Cendiary Priests (basically force-imbued item crafters), Skyholme Astromancers (anti-social Astrology-types) and Lucites (dark side Astromancers).

Adamite Tower is basically a Star Destroyer that crashed down onto the planet, and the top portion (like in the pic) is all that's visible (though the rest is still there, connected, just under ground). Basically when the ship crashed, some people were sent to investigate, got killed by the surviving Imperials. Armies sent in, got killed as well. So four lightsaber-wielding (or "sword of sunfire"-wielding) people went and took out the Imperials, and were able to claim the tower and the surround lands for themselves. So now the Paladins camp out there with a handful of non-Paladins who take care of the farming in the surrounding lands.
>>
>>46203946
Hang on, I'm fixing your whole everything...

>They're so compelling because they have 3 movies developing them as characters.

Face it, the vast majority of character development they had, was Empire Strikes Back. In ANH, they're all pretty 2-dimensional.
>>
>>46201667

Now look at Rey.

She's already a brilliant pilot, force sensitive, martial arts whiz, and mechanic. So no "learning to use the force" arc for her, or learning anything. Two movies in, Luke's barely grabbing his lightsaber from just out of reach. Then he has to train with a jedi master to learn more. Only in the third movie is his Force sensitivity anywhere near impressive. Rey went from "maybe I can use the force" to mind-wrestling dark Jedi and using high level TK in a couple scenes.

She's already a good person. Her moral stance is illustrated when she refuses to sell BB-8. Han spends all ANH being in it for himself, then FINALLY does the right thing at the very end, and it's supposed to be a surprise when it happens. In Empire, he tries to cut and run again, only being stuck by circumstance with Leia in cloud city. Finally, in RotJ, he's fully a good guy-- but at that point, he's been de-emphasized. He's more of a love interest for Leia. Rey starts out a good guy and stays that way. No moral arc.

Finn is a reluctant hero, someone who decides to desert and save himself. It's only much, much later that he reluctantly decides to face the First Order and risk his life to stop them. He's not running away, he's standing and fighting.

Now, I'm not talking about Rey's lack of flaws being unbelievable. I'm talking about them being boring and lacking any potential for compelling drama. You've got a good actress and a good character concept hobbled by the fact that she can't be shown being bad at anything, and can't be presented with a challenge that the viewer might actually worry is too tall for her. There's no room for growth, for drama.

And THAT'S the point of a Mary Sue. It's bad writing because it's disservice to the plot, and disservice to the character's own development. Her part of the story is "Hey, isn't she just swell!" It's fundamentally static.
>>
File: 1378571239164.jpg (17KB, 484x300px) Image search: [Google]
1378571239164.jpg
17KB, 484x300px
>>46204091
Goddamn, if that planet also had a feudal Japanese continent or nation, it would be absolutely perfect for adventure.
>>
File: b stands for beautiful.jpg (240KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
b stands for beautiful.jpg
240KB, 1680x1050px
Sup /swg/, my friend recently bought the X-Wing base game and I am interested in playing it. I just had a couple questions.

What are some important concepts of the game that I should be able to grasp? Like, what things are more valuable than they seem and vice versa?

One of the main appeals of this game for me is playing with my favorite ships, so how viable are the A-wing and B-wing for the rebel side? How broken are special characters and should we disallow them?

Any other advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance!
>>
>>46202433
What good is Kyle on Keyan? 2/8 focus symbols on 1 evade die is a pretty big waste of 3 points. Run 3PO or Jan Ors.
>>
>>46204091
That sounds awesome for starting off a campaign there as a "fantasy" campaign and then branching out into the wider galaxy, if wanted.
>>
>>46204371
B-Wing and A-wing are both pretty good. Look up the Rebel Aces expansion if you haven't already, as it has special upgrades specifically for A's and B's. The B-Wing is a great tank and heavy hitter, and the A-wing has a lot of good options thanks to a special upgrade and is cheap to boot.

Special characters aren't broken, though there are some real good ones, but nothing is unbeatable. For a tabletop strategy game, it requires a fair bit of weird skill since you're unable to premeasure anything
>>
>>46204371
A-Wing and B-Wing are both great but you want to get both the single ship expansions as well as the Rebel Aces, since you get different upgrades in each that play well together.

Don't play without unique pilots, as many ships (imperial especially, as well as support ships like the HWK) are balanced around them and underpowered without them.
>>
How does the rebellion react to discovering one of their members is force sensitive?
>>
>>46200938
ANH Luke was pretty damn tame compared to characters like Ezra and Rey, who can perform force powers with no training at all.
>>
File: 91iNObI+NEL.jpg (667KB, 2560x1529px) Image search: [Google]
91iNObI+NEL.jpg
667KB, 2560x1529px
Reading the TFA Visual Dictionary, I really wish nucanon would stop insisting in using 'lol stormtrooper effect lol ewoks' as the basis for OT era stormtrooper characterization, especially when they do it just as a cheap and easy way to make either clones or First Order troops look cooler by comparison. It gets boring after a while.
>>
File: luke-pilot.jpg (140KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
luke-pilot.jpg
140KB, 1920x816px
>>46204677
>How does the rebellion react to discovering one of their members is force sensitive?
They give him a medal, a promotion, and orders to build a fighter squadron with the aid of his Corellian wingman.
>>
>>46204818
kek
>>
>>46204136
>She's already a good person. Her moral stance is illustrated when she refuses to sell BB-8.

But that's her making a choice. You can tell she really wants to do that, and maybe any other day she would have but she decided to sell. A 100% infallible Rey would have been insulted at even the suggestion of betraying a new friend.

As for her skill set, she's pretty similar to Luke when it comes to piloting and mechanics, though something like a flight sim (I think that's in the novel?) would make that less contrived. As for the force, unlike Luke who didn't know dick about Jedi she's heard tons of stories about the force and Luke so she can probably get away with using the force reflexively since she really believes all the hype. Luke's central problem with learning the Force is that he thinks the stuff it can do is "impossible." Rey's major struggle is that she doesn't believe she is capable of doing great things, but once she discovers she has magic powers she is gonna push the limit. Plus she seems pretty emotional the whole time, especially fighting Kylo. I wouldn't be surprised if she was pulling on the dark side a bit.
>>
>>46204769
Don't worry I'm sure Rebels will continue to make all imperials look like they have extra chromosomes for the foreseeable future. It's just such a well crafted show
>>
>>46204727
Luke Force shot proton torps and blew up a death star. As well as having no training with military grade starfighters. That's like a farmboy who's only driven a truck and maybe a crop duster, suddenly joining the airforce and jumping right into an F-22 and flying it without any problems.
>>
>>46204769
Still pissed off that a) all their guns look like nerf weapons and b) that goddamn E-11 knockoff STILL HAS THE COLLAPSIBLE STOCK WHY DID YOU PUT A REMOVABLE STOCK ON IT AAAAAAAA
inb4 muh 'steadying grip'. It's a RIFLE. You shouldn't be holding it in a way that needs a steadying grip unless it has a full auto
>>
>>46204896
Luke was already an expert brush pilot in a craft with an identical control layout to the X-wing, so that comparison is bullshit, for one thing
>>
>>46204858
>though something like a flight sim (I think that's in the novel?) would make that less contrived
I believe I heard that about the novel (didn't read it), but rewatching TFA today, she makes a brief mention that she's flown ships before, just never left atmo.
>>
>>46204136
>>46204727
I really dislike this nucanon tendency to show that you can use force powers with no training at all as long as you're in a dire situation.

Luke nearly got killed by Sand People in ANH, saw Ben Kenobi getting murdered, and still never suddenly displayed force powers out of nowhere. Even though he was basically the son of Force Jesus, he still needed training before being able to use more explicit powers.

This shit ain't Harry Potter.
>>
>>46204896
>That's like a farmboy who's only driven a truck and maybe a crop duster, suddenly joining the airforce and jumping right into an F-22 and flying it without any problems.

His old T-16 had an identical control layout to the T-65. It's less "Crop duster to F-22" and more "crop duster to Wildcat or Hellcat." The shot wasn't impossible, either. Red Leader only missed by the smallest margin during his run. And the torps were guided. It's entirely possible that Luke's Force use was just a little nudge in the right direction to correct his firing solution or something. Plus, the trench was a clear, straight path. Luke contributed little to the actual, on-screen dogfighting (one kill against a TIE that was focused on Biggs).
>>
>>46204896
>>46204941
>>46205000
Also don't forget that he had good ol' Ben Kenobi at his side.
>>
>>46204371
>how viable are the A-wing and B-wing for the rebel side
A-wings are viable. B-wings are not.
>>
>>46204818
>Janitor Wrangel, your hunches about cleanups have proven themselves beyond uncanny. We suspect you have the power to wield the force
>...uh...
>So Mon Mothma herself has promoted you to lieutenant, and put you in charge of building Roguer Squadron.
>I don't know anything about flyin-
>DISMISSED
>>
>>46204769
The best part is that the OT and TFA stormies really aren't that different. They're both introduced massacring redshirts to show the audience how dangerous they are, miss our heroes a lot but are still threatening figures to them, and even have small talks about similar topics.
>>
So I posted in the last thread, and I'd be interested in seeing if there is any more feedback.

So I'm starting up a FaD campaign and my BBEG is a dark jedi who left the order with Count Dooku. He survived the clone wars and he's about to encounter the PC's. Two PCs are his sons (one knows and the other will get a "I am your father" moment) He also has an enforcer who is his daughter.

Basically the plan is that he's going to clone himself a bunch, but instead of transferring his mind into a single clone, his ultimate plan is to put his mind into an army of clones and to use his numbers to take over the empire.

Suggestions from last thread was suggesting he needed either some sort of tech/artifact/force power to maintain control over his clones. I like the idea but other than trying to track whatever it is down and maybe finding the initial experiments, I still think I'm missing something.

Suggestions welcome.
>>
>>46204977
>nucanon

In episode I Anakin draws on the force with 0 training completely by instinct to pod race as well as to read people's minds to pass that test with Mace. Like it or not this isn't a new concept.
>>
>>46204371
Special characters aren't broken at all. They're actually a fundamental element of many lists, and are well balanced due to point cost and abilities. For example, you can run 2 B-Wings for the cost of an optimal loadout Ten-Numb. And dare I say it, you'd do better with the 2 B-Wings (until you need to get an undodgeable crit through).

Things that are valuable that you should probably learn, are maneuvers. Green maneuvers are good, the more the better. But only if you're dealing with stress, otherwise your white maneuvers are just as useful. 1-turns are extremely useful maneuvers, specifically for knife-fighting. And they become even more useful when paired with things like barrel-rolls. Having any green turns is good, as it means you're not sacrificing your ability to turn 90-degrees just to shed stress. And in that vein, 2-turns and 1-turns that are green, are more useful than 3-turns that are green (unless you have a turret). Boost and barrel-roll are really good, and Engine Upgrade is one of the best Modifications in the game (Millenium Falcon and Hounds Tooth). Boost/Roll and a high PS can allow you to "arc-dodge" out of the firing arc of lower PS ships...

It is good to know the strengths and weaknesses of each of the three factions. Rebels have astormechs, and the most turrets (Primary Weapon Turrests and upgrades). Their ships are solid and survivable, but they tend not to be hyper-maneuverable.

Empire is about speed, evil tricks, minimal shields, and their small ships are the most maneuverable. Some of their pilots are crap (Fel's Wrath), but their aces are fucking amazing. They tend to have the least upgrade options.

Scum is pure dirty tricks, and wonky ship designs. The bounty hunters are good, the pilots fair, and they have a decent assortment of upgrade options, including their own unique "illicit" (think black market upgrades).

And lastly, yes A wings and B wings are good.
>>
>>46205188
Well I meant more explicit powers rather than just channeling the force to get natural 20's, the latter which Luke also used in ANH.

Though I guess you got me on the test part.
>>
>>46205061
Bullshit. The only problem B-Wings are currently having, is TLTs. And that was an addition from Wave 7. Now that ordnance is back, and since they can pack Extra Munitions, you can build them to be some serious fucking heavy hitters.
>>
>>46205188
Something something Child of the Force.
>>
>>46204913
I'm pretty sure E-11's have full auto fire.
>>
>>46205276
TLTs kill B-wings.
Gunboats kill B-wings.
B-wings can't kill TLTs or Gunboats fast enough.
>>
>>46205454
TLT Ys fire at the same time as B-Wings, and are only likely to do 2 damage total (assuming they don't flub a roll). Bs can also hit Ys and Ks easily, and will reliably do 2 damage to either when tokened up. U-boats spam is currently a problem for everyone, as it's a potent PS 3 alpha strike with EPT. But it's new hotness, and everyone is still getting used to playing against them.

If anything, what's having a hard(er) time now is the quad-B list. They still work fine when part of a variety of ships, are still a good cannon platform, and still have that sexy system slot.

Try running 3 Daggers with HLCs and a Fire Control sometime against 4 TLT Ys. You WILL effortlessly murder a Y before it even gets a chance to shoot, and it goes downhill from there. I haven't tried it against U-boats yet, but they're only one build and extremly new to the scene.
>>
Special Mods is apparently out! Pics plz when?
>>
>>46205663
yThose B-wings pop like no other. 3 Daggers with HLC and FCS? That is 33 points for a single low PS ship. And those initial 3 attacks are not as modified as you would like. Against 4 TLT second round of combat you have lost a B-wing and they have lost a TLT, a trade far in the Y-wing favor. Not to mention those B-wing being ripped to shreds by any aces that show up. Y-wings can also bring in Mux to fuck the Bs even harder.

Y-wings have range on the B-wings, getting two evades at range 3 while the B-wings only have on giving them a significant advantage in the initial engagement. The Y-wings also don't care where they go next turn as they have turrets and (when played by Scum) a much better dial.

>they're only one build and extremely new to the scene.
They are the new meta.
>>
>>46205721

FFG still says "shipping now", and no news that it's "out out", so if somebody already has a copy that's all on them to post about it.

But seriously, if someone has it, I want pics of those item creation tables and shit. Please force jesus.
>>
>>46205906
Patience you must have, my young padawang
>>
>>46204371

B-Wing is a viable heavy-hitter, with an upgrade that can allow it to carry crew for even more options. It has some fantastic pilots. A little structurally weak but it has shields to compensate. Generic cheap pilots can make good filler ships, or serve solidly with a buddy or two.

A-Wing is a speedy little interceptor, but fragile. Has some great pilots, and can be viable with the Refit card and cheap pilot as filler, though you may want to depend more on named pilots, and some are too good to pass up.
>>
>>46202114

Dude, he has a Death Star painted on the side of his X-wing. And he did it without any jedi hocus pocus, just by being a good old fashioned stick-and-rudder man.

Poe can be joking around about how great a pilot he is, and then the music changes and everyone goes dead fucking quiet. He turns around, realizes who's in the room, and then goes immediately humble pie.

It's a scene that respects the setting and makes BOTH wedge and poe look good. Give Lawson lots of screen time. Let him reminisce about Biggs with Luke, or give him a meatier role. He's a good actor. I just looked him up and was surprised to find out he was Ewan MacGregor's uncle and a classmate of Ian McDiarmid.

Adding Wedge to any scene makes it better.

Then later in the movie you can have Poe and Rey doing their dogfighting thing and kicking ass. But just when things get ridiculously dangerous, then Rey looks up and her eyes lose focus.

"Poe, it's ok, we have reinforcements."

"Huh? Rey, I only see two fighters inbound. Old configurations."

"Two's all we need, Poe. Hang on!" Cue the skywalker theme and two T-65s popping in. Luke Skywalker, who you knew would show up. And Wedge fucking Antilles as his wingman. The four of them together start putting away a truly epic number of TIE fighters. Even throw in a few moments when Poe saves Wedge, just to show that they're kindred spirits and symbolically pass the torch of Ace of Aces.
>>
>>46205906

Newsletter from my FLGS says it's coming out today. I can pick it up today?
>>
>>46205906
>>46205924
Someone on the FFG forums has it so... I guess they're just lucky?
>>
In the jedi path, they basicly say that the order has three outcomes for the initiate trials.
Becoming a padawan, getting rejected into the service corps, or "the council may decide that the path of the jedi is not for you."

Does the order set you up with a new identity? Give back your old one? Do you have a handler you have to report to?
>>
>>46205841
Those B- Wings pop at the same rate that Y- wings do. 3 HLC Daggers are 31pts, really the FCS is just to take up points. Either way, against a flight of TLTs, you slow roll the first few turns and fire first with Focus at Range 3 vs the 1 Evade Y who's going to bite it first turn before he gets to shit his britches. The remaining 3 should in theory score 6 damage, again assuming they didn't flub a dice roll or two. 2nd round of engagement will see another 12 focused dice being thrown against a Y, before the remaining two TLTs finally kill off a Dagger and possibly damage a second. At that point, damage is slowed down, but two HLCs (or range 1 primaries) are going to mulch two Ys. The TLT Ys are only as good so long as they're firing every turn. Wiping one out in the first volley guts the initial hit of the list, wiping two out before their second volley ruins them. Try it sometime. So long as you're not a retard about maneuvering, you'll fuck them up. And if Mux is on the board, he will be your Range 3 target, or else you deserve to lose.

Thankfully the extremely boring TLT Y list is getting it's shit wrecked in general now, and so it's popularity has dropped off anyways. Which has a lot to do why Bs aren't so bad off as you think.

The new meta isn't U-boats, it's alpha strike. They just happen to be good at it. Bit you're seeing a lot more ordnance in general, so triple-Us aren't all you see. Ordnance is viable for once, but a PS-3 Zoolander with 9 hits isn't the only platform you can effectively run ordnance from.
>>
>>46206031

That happens, depending on your retailer. "Shipping Now" means it left FFGs central warehouse and is going to outside distributors. I don't think they say "in stores now" until it should theoretically be in stores everywhere, but it's entirely possible that a delivery could be made to a local seller who gets it out to someone in the public before it's available for everyone.
>>
>>46200857
Rey was one of the worst parts of TFA for me. I couldn't give less of a shit about her And her screentime took away from Poe and Finn.

Ultimately, TFA as a whole is incredibly mediocre for me.
>>
>>46205141

I have to say, they have their moments of competence. OT heroes end up running from groups of them more often than just fighting their way through, and the first Scout Trooper we see in RotJ socks Han in the face something fierce. And the way they're introduced in the opening is gunning their way through a hallway of crew in a fight that's pretty much already decided, and you get the sense the crew know it.

TFA similarly has them capture our heroes or forcing retreats, and in one instance demonstrating how UNLIMITED SPINNING WORKS.

The "stormtrooper aim" does get kind of shitty after a while, as it kind of ruins an otherwise pretty intimidating foe, and the temptation to fall back on it for laughs can grate against the story.
>>
>>46203007
>All we know is that she was abandoned. It's not like all her family was killed, resurrected, killed again, and 5 scenes were spent reinforcing that.

Yeah bad things happened to her in the backplot. But that has nothing to do with how she develops as a character over the course of the story. She makes no discoveries, doesn't change in her grief and sense of loss. She comes out of the plot largely the same as she went into it.

>>46203084

This is a case of "cursed by awesome". It doesn't impede her in hard, story-driving ways. It's just yet another layer on her "isn't she cool" factor because "yeah she's a smart beautiful virtuous hypercompetent polymath with superpowers AND she's overcome adversity!"

>Plus she got captured and thrown against a tree like a ragdoll, and she didn't exactly hand Kylo his ass until the standard amount of grit and determination happened.

Now this actually did represent some change. Not really growth, because there's no real sense that she grew as a person or became more skillful. There was no training montage or well-earned magical epiphany, or even the blessing of a deitific figure. No, she just realized, "Hey, I have the Force" and started whipping out magic tricks. But it at least WAS some character development.

My issue is that in their obsession with not being criticized for giving Rey weaknesses, they've turned her character into a mannequin.

Superman movies suffer from this. He has to be out-witted or face moral conundrums (or both), or have his powers taken away, because otherwise it's hard to give him a challenge a viewer can feel has some dramatic tension to it, or an opportunity for him to grow as a character.

>Strong, yes. Lack of flaw? Meh

Rey is NOT a strong character. Strong characters are tested by adversity. Danaerys Targaryen is a strong character. Buffy Summers is a strong character. Leia Organa is a strong character. Rey's yet to face real defeat the way Leia, Han, and Luke were.
>>
>>46202937
Episode 3's Novelization shows how powerful the Force can be in the hands of a real Master, like Obi-Wan.
>>
>>46206217
Mediocre TFA >>>>>>>> Prequels. Just saying.

I'll take Rey's TFA screentime over Anakin from all three prequels individually or combined.
>>
>>46206095
>The new meta isn't U-boats, it's alpha strike. They just happen to be good at it. Bit you're seeing a lot more ordnance in general, so triple-Us aren't all you see. Ordnance is viable for once, but a PS-3 Zoolander with 9 hits isn't the only platform you can effectively run ordnance from.
The Z-95 is the only other one. Everything else doesn't have the right combination of upgrades and modifications to successfully make it work.

You will be lucky to be getting all of those hits in and actually killing a Y-wing. Relying way to much on fickle dice. After the initial engagement the Y-wings will also split, making it much harder for the Bs to get back at them. And again, Torkil Mux is with Scum Y-wing then that PS4 B-wing is dead before even getting to shoot most likely and with only 2 attacks at him before everything else goes off he won't die. The 3 B-wing are not nearly as versatile either. Again, Aces fuck them a lot more than they do TLT.

And yeah, TLT is getting it's shit pushed in. But anything that hurts TLT also hurts B-wings just as much.

B-wings are an okay ship, but you will not see them taken competitively. And 3 B-wings with HLC was never competitive, even during the time when the B-wing was one of the best ships in the game.
>>
>>46206240
>Rey is NOT a strong character. Strong characters are tested by adversity.

>Danaerys Targaryen is a strong character.

You had a decent argument going until you went full retard...
>>
>>46206265
I can relate, but at least the Prequels did some great world building. TFA has created the most uninteresting setting to play in all of Star Wars.
>>
Sorry guys, I just started playing X-wing and your abbreviations are a riddle to me!
Could someone please explain TLT, HLC & FCS?

Also what is /tgs opinion on K-wings?
I was considering to field soemthing like 2X, 1A & 1K
>>
>>46204115
>In ANH, they're all pretty 2-dimensional.

Don't be silly.

ANH was the story of Han's redemption. You're on the ride with Luke as he dreams of being involved in something bigger than himself and his farm, and then that dream is realized in a bittersweet way. And Leia proves her competence as a fighter and strategist (especially in that scene with Vader and Tarkin).

But the heavy lifting of the story was Han. He goes from a scruffy criminal who cares only about himself and only believes in himself to a man who risks his life to do the right thing and maybe takes his first halting steps towards believing in something larger than himself.

Now, arguably, you could say this movie is about Finn's journey and we'll see more of Rey next movie when she gets her arc. Sure, ok, if so then great. But she's already a virtuous polymath with superpowers. She doesn't have a lot of headroom to grow, unless she falls to the dark side and becomes a villain. Sure she can enjoy some power creep, but you won't feel like she's actually changing all that much.

Also, she spends too much time center stage to be a character like that. When Luke did that in ANH, he was a whiny, naive, inexperienced kid. He was relateable, and you could tell that he had a lot of growing up to do and that you'd follow that story.

So far, the two best-realized characters in the new trilogy are Finn and Kylo. Both are strong characters, gloriously flawed, with plenty of room for development.

Rey should have been more limited. They should have written her with weaknesses that we could watch her overcome as the story goes on. Right now, all she has is the old standby "she's overcome adversity in her backstory", which doesn't give us anything she can work on NOW. It doesn't manifest as real weaknesses, just occasional far-off looks of sadness that do nothing for her as a character.
>>
>>46206472
Twin Laser Turret
Heavy Laser Cannon
Fire Control System
>>
>>46206472
>2X, 1A & 1K
Old or New X-wings? And what is on all of them?
K-wings are okay, Miranda is really good.
>>
>>46206495
Thank you!
>>
>>46206489
Kylo is honestly a phenomenal villain and character.

Instead of just making vader 2.0 (cuz they can't) they made the ultimate Vaderboo who disastrously fails in comparison and MISSES THE POINT OF VADER ENTIRELY.

He was the high point of TFA for me.
>>
>>46206528
Did not think a lot about equipment yet.
I have 2 Xwings from the old starter box, 1 from the Xwing extension and the A-wing arrived today.

Now I am considering what to get next. I am thinking either B (in the Aces pack) or K
>>
>>46206560
I used to think that Kylo was a really shitty character when I first saw the movie, then I stopped and thought about it and realized they made him shitty on purpose because he's supposed to be a whiny bitch. So now he's okay but I don't think he's as good as you apparently do
>>
>>46206560
>Instead of just making vader 2.0 (cuz they can't) they made the ultimate Vaderboo who disastrously fails in comparison and MISSES THE POINT OF VADER ENTIRELY.
I see so many complaints about the movie saying it's bad that Kylo's not as cool as Vader.
It's clear they missed the point of Kylo entirely.
>>
>>46204858
>But that's her making a choice.

Yes, and since it's a choice she makes at the beginning of the story, it's the first time we've seen her take any kind of moral stance. She makes the right decision. Nowhere to grow.

It might have worked if earlier she'd made the WRONG decision. Then, late in the movie, faced with a similar moral dilemma, she does the right thing. Poof. Now we have some character growth. Questionable morals, easily excused by her rough life, that are overcome by her character and the experiences of the story.

>As for her skill set, she's pretty similar to Luke when it comes to piloting and mechanics, though something like a flight sim (I think that's in the novel?) would make that less contrived.

Yeah, I'm not too worried about her being a genius mechanic / pilot. It's that she's also a genius at melee combat. There's no situation where her talents are adequate for the task at hand.

It's not a believability problem. Or rather, not JUST a believability problem. It's that without weaknesses, she has no reasons to interact with other characters and no headroom for dramatic growth an character development. She's got a great character sheet, and might make a great NPC, but doesn't work as a protagonist.

>As for the force, unlike Luke who didn't know dick about Jedi she's heard tons of stories about the force and Luke so she can probably get away with using the force reflexively since she really believes all the hype.

Yeah these are all in-universe explanations that solve the believability problem. But do nothing to fix the central problem of a Mary Sue-- that while the plot revolves around them, they're flat, uninteresting characters.

>Plus she seems pretty emotional the whole time, especially fighting Kylo. I wouldn't be surprised if she was pulling on the dark side a bit.

Now this IS potentially a good source of character development. If this is the story of her fall to the dark side, then it works.
>>
>>46204970

It would have been better if Han and Chewie had met Finn and Rey on Jakku and then flown them both away. With her fixing the Millennium Falcon using her awesome repair skills.

You'd still need some kind of flaw for her, or at least room for character development, but at least there'd be a gap in her skills that you can fill later with Poe. Some reason for her to operate in the group.
>>
>>46206035
>"the council may decide that the path of the jedi is not for you."
>Does the order set you up with a new identity? Give back your old one? Do you have a handler you have to report to?

OJO:
You get to move into a trial apartment somewhere on Coruscant. Some place that is affordable but not to fancy.
Then you get a midnight visit from a Jedi Order wetworks team or Republic Intelligence BlackOps squad
Can't have unregistered force-users running around and potentially causing havoc, can we?

NJO:
Sure kid. Go knock yourself out. Here's the comm numbers for all the Masters, in case you want to talk something out.
>>
File: r.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
r.gif
2MB, 500x281px
Boy, those thread with pathetic boys whining about "Mary Sues and JJ destroying SW" are fucking hilarious!
>>
>>46206768
>Only boys are able to detect shit writing
Who's sexist now?
>>
>>46206380

She started the story being bullied and totally cowed by her big brother. Then she got sold into slavery and was ass-raped every night by a big huge greasy guy with a giant mustache who smelled like horses.

Through the story, you gradually see her learn to be strong and go from being a victim to the master of her destiny. She gains confidence in herself, learns valuable skills.

I'll agree that in the second and third books she gets over-powered, too. Notice how GRRM realizes this and backtracks in Dance With Dragons. But if you're going off the first book, then she's a first-rate character. Hell, the halo effect from that character development carries her well into the third book before people start to feel annoyed.
>>
>>46206560
>>46206628

Yesyesyesyes.

Kylo's weaknesses just scream for character development in movies 2 and 3. He's got interesting strengths and weaknesses, and has PLENTY of room to grow as a character.

>>46206619
>whiny bitch

That's another piece that only occurred to me much later. He's trying to be Vader, but he's ending up like Anakin. It's actually redeeming Anakin as a character a little.

Kind of like how Tolkien presents evil as kind of pathetic when it's stripped of its pretensions of awesomeness.
>>
>>46206767
Quit spreading the Jedi Black Ops thing. It's retarded. There's plenty of Jedi who left the OJO and went on to do other things with their lives.
>>
>>46206336
>The Z-95 is the only other one. Everything else doesn't have the right combination of upgrades and modifications to successfully make it work.

According to what, netlisters from BOLS? Vassalfags who don't even own a single miniature? Shit are you even trying? Ordnance in general is a lot better now with Guidance Chimps; that's the only upgrade you really need. Nera Dantels is a 360-slinging Proton machine who doesn't need no turret. Redline in the right hands is a horrible death-machine. It is pretty safe to say that there has been no defacto ruling on which ships the new ordnance meta does or does not work on. Especially when there are several like the B-Wing which can take a Guidance chimp, Proton Torp and Extra Munitions, and happily modify two blanks into a hit and crit without even needing a focus to do so.

Also, no way is Torkil going to get from outside of firing range to Range 1-2, within one maneuver. Especially against move-1 B-Wings. His best bet is to take a cloak device to slingshot himself forward, which is at best a gamble and giving you two Ys without Unhinged astros. Mux is dead, first engagement, guaranteed. Or you're an idiot for letting him somehow jump from out of range to within range 1-2. And even if he does reduce a PS to 0, he should still handily die a firey death at the hands of 8 focused HLC shots before ever getting his TLT volley off.
>>
>>46207003
>Guidance Chimps
We Jokaero now, boys
>>
>>46207085
Shoo, 40k-fag.
>>
File: doidetectabitch.png (605KB, 776x672px) Image search: [Google]
doidetectabitch.png
605KB, 776x672px
>>46207145
No thanks. How are your three banana x-wing lists treating you?
>>
>>46204677
Going by the vibe I get from the FFG AoE core rulebook if the individual is interested in furthering their training with force arts they're provided with whatever resources the rebellion has on hand for them. Probably a cobbled together collection of relics and maybe a reference holocron or two that they've recovered. Prior to Luke and Leia spearheading the training of force users post-endor that's about the best they could do
>>
>>46207183
I actually don't run 3 banana pirate lists.
>>
So why is this so popular? Is it REALLY that powerful?

Triple Jumpmaster
99 points

>Contracted Scout (33pts)
Deadeye, Extra Munitions, Guidance Chips, Plasma Torpedoes, R4 Agromech

>>
>>46207327
It's always a toss up between whether a list is super powerful or just people haven't adapted their strategies to it. I think this list is more of a TLT than a TIE Advanced spam, though.
>>
>>46206998
>There's plenty of Jedi who left the OJO and went on to do other things with their lives.
We see like three who aren't evil, and they ALL went underground in one way or another. What does that tell you?
>>
>>46207327
Not really. It just hits hard, and it's less than a week old. It relies heavily on a maximum of 6 torp shots, with Chimps helping to add hits. Deadeye making it so all you need is a focus effectively reduces the requirement of setting up your shot with a target lock. And R4 makes it so you get a target lock after spending a token, essentially giving you a reroll to your hits.

It has terrific first engagement potential out to Range 1. And a wonky dial. But those things really don't enjoy making right turns when stressed. This means that deployment setup is predictable... They'll be coming at you on your left-hand side of the board, and wanting to turn in on their greens.

With how new the list is, I'm chalking it down entirely to players just not developing strategies against it yet. And it mostly looking amazing on paper. At my LGS, nobody has ran it yet due to the Punishing One being in short supply. The real test to it's merit will be against ace powerhouses, Whisper, the latest Tie shenanigans, or even other munitions builds. It also lives and dies at PS3, making much of it's perceived threat the fact that it moves after the usual generics, and shoots before them.
>>
>>46207703
>*first engagement potential out to range 3.
Fixed
>>
>>46207645
There's more than 3 who didn't go evil and plenty settled into civilian lives.
>>
>>46206619
Fair enough, but any dark side Skywalker is 100% doomed to be compared to vader. Kylo is just in Vader's shadow. You can do a lot with a character like that.
>>
>>46206898
>evil is pathetic

Kinda. Look at vader- badass armor, shriveled burned dude inside more sickly than my grandpa.

The emperor however was anything but pathetic.
>>
>>46207327
The guy who ran it against me said that what it does is allow him to shoot you with missiles then turn around immediately if you didn't die in the first salvo.

That was a good game. We both flew ships offt he map by accident.
>>
>>46207762
If you count the Jedi Service Corps as civvies, I guess. I don't, but it's true that many were just fine that way.
Do you have names for some Jedi who walked away into passive civilian life? I can't think of any right off

I think we may be talking past one another a bit; I and probably the other guy were specifically speaking of the OJO in it's final form, in the ~20 years before the prequals, and I'm not sure if you're speaking more generally
>>
>>46207929
I would say the service corps would get slaughtered too. But yeah pre-clone wars you were free to quit if you were cool with leaving the only life you probably ever knew. I'm pretty sure one of the 20 left so she could have kids and was still on good terms with the other masters
>>
>>46207928
Personally, I think Dengar himself is going to be a bigger deal for Scum. Being able to shoot twice a turn, let alone with a souped up Plasma Missile or Primary Turret 3, is a big deal. Especially at PS 9. I played with him in a game loaded to the fucking brim at almost 60pts, and he blew the shit out of an Imp Palpmobile Aces list. Dengar's mean, and he forces your opponent to really question whether or not he wants to shoot him and risk getting hit again, or focus attention elsewhere until he can flank. And at the end of the day, he'a still a fucking Primary Weapon Turret.
>>
>>46207703
I've had a good idea of 3 interceptors featuring Carnor Jax against this. Without focus there are fewer torpedoes going out, and 2 out of arc dice is NOTHING for an AT interceptor to avoid.
>>
>>46208379
Yeah if you can get in there quick against them, a trio interceptor list will fuck them up pretty good. Hell you could even swap in Omega Leader.

I was thinking of doing Procket Green As with Adaptability. You can throw out 4 PS-4 A Wings with Autothrusters, and dive into range 1. With Test Pilot and Crackshot, you can make sure those Prockets hit extra hard, too.
>>
So, when do Corran and Mirax shack up?
>>
>>46207703
Hawks have a 3 forward white and a 4 forward red. Even against slow rolling B-wings he will get it off. And you put way too much faith in your red dice to deliver those hits, HLC is in no way a guaranteed 4 hits. And 8 dice on a 5 health 2 evade ship is in NO way a guaranteed kill.

And I'm speaking from experience (including a regional win), from people that I know (other regional winners, high placers at worlds, ect.), and yes also from online discussion. You do know most of the best players ALSO play Vassel right?

Yeah, sure Nera can fire 360 but you've now loaded up a ton on a single ship that can be taken down exceptionally easily. And it isn't like there is also a crap ton of auto-thrusters out there. But yeah sure, GIVE me 32 points for a ship that might due 2-4 damage before it blows the fuck up.
>>
>>46206678
So, eventually ends in a to-the-death between "spunky young 'rebel' girl gone dark" and "stormtrooper grew a conscience"?
>>
>>46199770
>is this canon?
No anon, Stormtroopers don't pilot TIE Fighters
>>
>>46209348
I just don't want Rey to be the one who revives the Jedi Order.
>>
I didn't like Fate of the Jedi at all but, for some reason, I love the concept of the Black Holes of the Maw being the "bars" of a prison. I just don't know what to put inside the lrison that isn't Abeloth. Suggestions?
>>
File: des1010.4k.v4.1193.jpg (346KB, 2500x1047px) Image search: [Google]
des1010.4k.v4.1193.jpg
346KB, 2500x1047px
>>46209556
Poor fanboy...
>>
>>46209685
Criminals, Daala, at least one installation owned by Lando, batshit crazy treasure hunters, the newest resting place of the glove of Darth Vader
>>
>>46209685
Super smart celestial scientist who spends all his time making super weapons
>>
>>46209924
What about the whaladon Gordon fisherman?
>>
>>46209685
A prison for whoever "redesigned" anakin's lightsaber. Don't mess with perfection.

>prop could have been used in every trilogy as the ultimate meta-film symbol.

It's not the magic sword we deserve, but it's the sword we need right now.
>>
>>46210185
Didn't the prop go missing?
>>
Nexus of Power scans when
>>
>>46210132
>Gordon fisherman
It would work if Valve weren't such lazy fucks about it.
>>
File: jediprince.png (100KB, 257x368px) Image search: [Google]
jediprince.png
100KB, 257x368px
>>46209924
>>
File: 1458092503289.jpg (2MB, 4087x3100px) Image search: [Google]
1458092503289.jpg
2MB, 4087x3100px
>>46201870
I asked and received... so shall I pass on the love to needy anons
>>
>>46208593
By you're same logic, 4 TLTs aren't guaranteed 8 damage against 1 evade every turn anymore than 8 focused HLC shots are guaranteed 5 damage against 2 evade.

>nd I'm speaking from experience (including a regional win), from people that I know (other regional winners, high placers at worlds, ect.), and yes also from online discussion.

Nevermind. You're one of those insufferable tourney asshats who convince themselves that their logic is infallable.
>>
I'm looking to get some rebels for my x-wing collection. What's a good starting point? I've only got the T-70 from the new core set
>>
>>46212522
Unlike Imperial Aces, Rebel Aces work well as stand alone ships and come with pretty much everything you need to outfit them. I suppose from there it's just "what do you want?"

I can tell you y-wings work best with the k-wing's TLT upgrade, otherwise you might find them a little useless. Old x-wings are kinda bad. The optimal way to outfit a Falcon is with upgrades from the Tantive, but don't let that discourage you as it can still be a good ship.

The only thing I would tell you to flat out avoid is the Ghost. Lots of good upgrades but the stand alone ship is useless landfill.
>>
File: excited.jpg (111KB, 1714x962px) Image search: [Google]
excited.jpg
111KB, 1714x962px
>>46206439
>TFA has created the most uninteresting setting to play in all of Star Wars.

I dunno about that, while we haven't got a lot of material to work with, you could look at it as 30 years worth of open-book space as something to fill it with.
>>
>>46214210
>30 years worth of open-book space as something to fill it with
Is it really a good thing for a sequel to accomplish the same effect as doing absolutely nothing, though?
>>
>>46211017
Did someone say Ken and Zeebo?
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 150x180px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 150x180px
>>46214516
>>46211017
He's back!
>>
>>46214379
As a roleplayer-GM I find it preferable to some of the EU stories of post-endor, they seemed to lose their way a bit and I don't mind the whole 'Cold War' between empire-republic that bad of a thing
>>
File: pellaeon and thrawn.jpg (739KB, 625x850px) Image search: [Google]
pellaeon and thrawn.jpg
739KB, 625x850px
>>46214581
>some of the EU stories of post-endor
If people are using Legends stuff beyond WEG, the Dark Forces saga, and the holy Legends author trinity for post-Endor stuff, they're doing it wrong.
>>
>>46212522
E-Wings are handy ships, but expensive, They're effectively a super-X-wing. I have a lot fun with B-Wings despite how they switch from gunship to fire-magnet really fast. All most as much fun as an A-wing with Tycho Celchu and his complete lack of fucks.
>>
File: Hapes_Nova-Class.jpg (105KB, 776x599px) Image search: [Google]
Hapes_Nova-Class.jpg
105KB, 776x599px
>>46214658
There's other good stuff in Legends (particularly 90s era), you just have to be willing to go dumpster diving for the gems.
>>
>>46214658
I kind of like the idea of a Star Wars game where I throw the PC's into the great unknown, one of the biggest whines you hear is 'Luke blows up deathstar so we know whats gunna happen' and unless you go alt-cannon, its all a bit cut-dried.

So throwing PC's in a timeline where they dunno what the fuck is going to happen, opens up the possibility of some new things around the game table.
>>
>>46210230

The one from IV and V, most likely, but surely the one from III can be more easily accounted for unless Christensen got to keep it as a souvenir (Which I seriously doubt he would want it in the first place)
>>
>>46202158
I see you care nothing for balance.
>>
>>46216217
people who have worked on way worse movies have maintained deathgrips on their props
>>
>>46208590
The Bacta War I think? When Wedge and his buddies go full Dirty Dozen on Isard.
>>
>>46216217
>>46216361
Well... He just wanted out... He left Hollywood and found Jesus or something...
>>
>>46216422
He has done one or two odd roles in films.

Probably just got a hobby. Ewan McGregor is doing amateur photography.
>>
>>46216361

Yeah, but I feel like after 2 movies and white hot fury of star wars fans being pointed straight at him for things that were mostly not his fault, he'd want as little to do with Star Wars as possible.

>>46216422

I thought he just married a Canadian sugar momma or something? Either way, I wouldn't get you hopes up on seeing him again. Ewan was down for VII and possibly future stuff because he got through the prequels with his reputation mostly unscathed. As for the prop, it might be in Lucas' hands.

>>46216444

He's also a biker and I think an actual racer.
>>
>>46216472
Ewan actually did have a minor role providing some voices for Rey's vision.
>>
>>46216472
Huh... I guess Christensen was just talking nonsense in his recent interview he did promoting his religious flick.
>>
>>46216562

I wasn't disagreeing, I was just unaware. In any event, does anyone have the screencapture of the scene from TFA with the New Republic ships above Hosnian Prime?
>>
>>46216444
He still does stuff, just that most of it is the 4/10 or 5/10 types of movies and not a lot which would appeal to the average sci-fi fan
>>
>>46208590
wedge got there first
>>
File: zVF05d5.png (466KB, 1363x577px) Image search: [Google]
zVF05d5.png
466KB, 1363x577px
>>46216670
>>
>>46217766
It's a buncha flying saucers
>>
I'm betting five Internets that we'll see Han as a force-ghost in ep.VIII

Screencap and save this.
>>
>>46218362
Pretty unlikely. In-universe, he has pretty much no real connection to the force, and it's unlikely he's been taught whatever stuff Yoda, Qui-gon, or Obi-wan learned. And behind the scenes, Ford isn't particularly fond of the role and was one of the reasons he wanted Han to go out dying in RotJ; and the only reason he signed on for TFA is so he could push for the new Indiana Jones.

That's not to say they won't possibly convince him for minor minute long cameo/part or something, but it'd probably more likely be as a holovid recording or something as opposed to a Force ghost.
>>
>>46207864
The space goblin that needs ever larger warships to compensate for something was not pathetic?
>>
Spacebump
>>
Got an X-Wing Store Championship at my LGS this weekend. I'm not looking to do super well, just trying to top 32 for a C-3PO alt. art.

How is my list looking, /swg/?

Poe Dameron (31)
VI (1)
P5-P9 (3)
Autothrusters (2)

Horton Salm (25)
TLT (6)
R3-A2 (2)

Tycho Celchu (26)
PTL (3)
Chardaan Refit (-2)
Autothrusters (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)
Wired (1)

Is this list solid or am I fucked? Was thinking about swapping Horton for a Guardian sq. K-Wing with TLT and Adv. SLAM, since the K-Wing has better turret options and can hit at range 1 nicely. Was also considering either putting the BTL-A4 upgrade or Horton to help with R3 (which would make the TLT less versatile), or dropping the stress tactic altogether for a R2 astromech or something.

What do? I'm not a very experienced player, but I want a list as good as possible to at least stand a chance.
>>
>>46220531
>Palpatine
>Pathetic
The man fucking loved his job. He pulled off a scheme that fooled the entire galaxy, annihilated the Jedi and put him in a position of absolute power over most charted space for over twenty years, all while being able to indulge in the pleasures of corrupting former Jedi and extravagantly torturing underlings for shits and giggles. His idea of exercise is landing on Bothawui and murdering an entire city in an afternoon by himself. He accomplished almost all of his goals and accomplished more than any other Sith Lord in history while having the time of his life.

Palps isn't pathetic. He's a goddamn role model for supervillains everywhere.
>>
>>46207929

In the EU, the civvies were rounded up and forced to fight one another, one on one, to the death. The ones who refused were executed.

There were like one or two survivors who were trained as dark jedi.

No doubt many who had left the order survived if they ran for it. The empire went through temple records, so just staying where you are isn't an option.
>>
>>46209348

A little grimdark for star wars, but yeah, it works as drama.

The point being that a character has to change and develop through the story. And rey has nowhere to go but down.

Had she been written more weak or flawed from the beginning, the story could have been about her overcoming her limitations. You can tell that story with kylo and Finn, but not rey.
>>
>>46220531

What this guy >>46220736 said.

Palps was a lot more than meets the eye, we saw him take on the better part of a Jedi council by hi self, only meeting a real challenge in mace windu.

He would only be pathetic if he was really some wizard of Oz bullshit guy. But Palps was the real deal and took over the galaxy for a solid generation that has had effects 30 years on.
>>
>>46220693
Poe's great no matter his iteration. I always take Weapons Guidance on him, so one focus token can turn a focus and a blank into two hits.
Swap Salm for a generic. Remember that as of the latest faq Stressbot has been nerfed, so there's really no need to take Salm.
That's basically *the* Celchu build. With the points you've saved dropping Salm get Predator on him instead of Wired - Wired won't save you when a blank comes up, Predator will.
>>
>>46220693
Poe is solid. BTL-A4 is essential with R3-A2 so you can double stress (you trigger R3-A2 when you declare an attack, and TLT only declares once). You could drop to a gold to save points or a gray if you want to shoot before jumpmasters. Give Tycho Rage and Proton Rockets so he can hit hard and you're golden.
>>
Is there such a think as a good YV-666
>>
>>46224087
Sorry, good dual YV-666
>>
>>46224087
>>46224117
FUCK
"A good dual YV-666 list"
>>
>>46224134
No.
>>
>>46224134
Good, no. Fun? yes.
>>
>>46221540
>>46222707
Thanks for the advice. I can afford a gray sq. Y-wing and then proton rockets and rage on tycho. My main reason for taking Horton is his high PS keeping my whole squad 8 and above, though if it won't affect me that much I'll stick with the gray.

Wired on Tycho helps his defense too, though autothrusters came through more often in testing. Is the attack bonus of rage really worth the loss of wired's defense help?

My only other concern would be the locked down tlt on the grey- I could potentially put an R2 on it for the initiative bid and free up the turrets arc?
>>
Alright, got nexus of power. Anything people still want to know?
>>
>>46199055
Hey /swg/, it's >>46163972 and >>46164112, and I have great news. I survived! I lived, and I got one kill and two partials in that old clunky headhunter. What's even better, is that a buddy of mine who was just getting into the game was given control of one of my pirate NPC friends in a battered cloakshape, and he didn't die either! He got one kill with a crazy desperate maneuver, and it all worked out for the best.

So yeah. Headhunter served me well. Got one kill and two partials against upgraded TIE Interceptors, and one of the partials was against the ace who wanted me dead.
>>
>>46225464

Sorry if it's already been posted, but are there any new weapon or armour mods?
>>
>>46225729

How the hell did you manage that?
>>
>>46224134
Yup.

YV-666: Trandoshan Slaver (29)
Anti Pursuit Laser (2)
· 4-LOM (1)
· Boba Fett (1)
· Greedo (1)
Feedback Array (2)
YV-666: Trandoshan Slaver (29)
Anti Pursuit Laser (2)
Tactician (2)
Feedback Array (2)
HWK-290: · Torkil Mux (19)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Tactician (2)
· Cloaking Device (2)

100 points
>>
>>46225089
PS8 isn't as important on a TLT. You might want to stick at 4 to avoid get alpha struck by jumpmasters, though.

Wired is decent for defense, but Rage is very efficient on Tycho (basically focus + TL all in one) and makes him a very reliable damage dealer, especially with the procket.

You want the title with R3-A2 so you can double stress.
>>
>>46225811
Good rolling and knowing a little more about air combat than my GM.

The emphasis here goes on good rolling though. My dice don't like throwing my character any kind of bone unless he's piloting something, then they can't get enough.

One of the first casualties was actually the partial on the lead because he got really angry and made a dumb mistake. After that I got on the open comm and told the entire squadron who I was (or, more accurately, who I used to be when I was also an Imp ace), and that scared the rest of them off after my wingman and I got two more kills and one more partial.

The rest of my supporting flight got ganked, so we actually lost in terms of lives. But we kept the field, and we did it in cloakshapes and a headhunter.
>>
>>46225870
>>46225870
Sweet, in that case the final list is looking like:

Poe w/R5-P9, VI, Autothrusters
Grey sq. (PS 4) w/ R3-A2, TLT, BTL-A4
Tycho w/ Rage, A-Wing Test Pilot, PTL, Autothrusters, Proton Rockets

Guess I'm going more aggressive- a focus and evade on Tycho usually got me through TLT shots without needing Wired in testing so Rage will probably still be okay. I still feel like I'd need a 360 turret, but if I just use actual skill then I should be fine anyway.
>>
>>46225464
More information on Weik would be cool.>>46204091 caught my interest.
>>
>>46217869

>[Horrified screaming "ayyy lmao" in the distance]
>>
Energy slingshot
Aurateran oomerang
Gungan atlatl
Gungan plasma ball
Longbow

Bardottan electrolance
gungan electropole
Gungan personal energy shield
Training stick
Voss warspear
Weik great sword

No armor or mods that i can tell
>>
>>46225464

I'm keen on the artifacts supposedly in the book, I have a Sentinel/Artisan PC who basically has his entire morality pinned around that sort of thing.
>>
>>46226463

Thanks anyway anon.
>>
>>46226116
It's obviously most important to fly what you're comfortable with, but I think that list looks solid.

Pro-tip for the title Y: go very slowly, keep as much space between yourself and the enemy. Pick an enemy ship and stress the fuck out of it for as long as possible. You trade the Y for that ship and it's usually a good deal.
>>
Why doesn't the clone wars viewing guide have any mention of season 6?
>>
File: Laughing Padowans.png (264KB, 500x433px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Padowans.png
264KB, 500x433px
>>46227055
>>
>>46227127
Thanks for the answer friend.
>>
>>46227055
Because all of the episodes are worth watching
>>
So who has theories for next weeks Rebels finale?

Who is getting a can of diet choke from Vader?

Are they going to FINALLY scratch off Maul for good?

Are we going to see Maul vs Vader? Who wins?

Is ahsoka going to get the axe at the hands of her former master (a really good writing moment to solidify how far Anakin has fallen)?

Is Kanan going to get chopped, driving Ezra towards anger and hate?

Will the kylo-saber on Malachor be relevant, or is a plug for episode VII?

Place your bets!
>>
>>46227127
I think you mean
>Laughing Pedowans.png
>>
>>46227715
Let's see:

1) Ahsoka will die

2) Maul won't die

3) Maul won't fight Vader

4) yes he will kill the shit out of her

5) Kanan won't die, I'd give 5% chance on Ezra leaving with Maul. If this were a better show I'd rate that as the best possible story point but no way are they making the kiddie stand in a bad guy especially over a season break

6) Definitely a plug for VII.
>>
>>46227715
>Who is getting a can of diet choke from Vader?
Definitely Ahsoka
>Are we going to see Maul vs Vader? Who wins?
Probably not, Vader.
>Is Kanan going to get chopped, driving Ezra towards anger and hate?
Eventually but not in that episode; Ezra will eventually have his own darkside arc, maybe with Maul.
>Will the kylo-saber on Malachor be relevant, or is a plug for episode VII?
It's just a plug: "Hey, we saw that in the moving pictures."
>>
Anyone have a .pdf of the AoR book Lead by Example? Neuromanic doesn't seem to have it.
>>
Spacebump
>>
File: jesu kenobi.jpg (36KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
jesu kenobi.jpg
36KB, 600x600px
>>46227715
My feels is that 'Someone gotta die', I mean its Star Wars- to add any gravity to the story and the hero's final act, someone's gunna die.

Dunno who though.
>>
File: 1426830617871.png (85KB, 634x257px) Image search: [Google]
1426830617871.png
85KB, 634x257px
>>46230777
>Dunno who though.
They're probably going to kill Luke for cheap shock value. Or if the writers are feeling particularly retarded, they'll bring back Wedge just to kill him instead.
>>
>>46230886
Can't really do that, got to remember all this is pre-Battle of Yavin
>>
File: picard-facepalm.jpg (23KB, 921x606px) Image search: [Google]
picard-facepalm.jpg
23KB, 921x606px
>>46230953
I am a retard and thought that anon was talking movies.
>>
>>46230989
Lol it's ok it happens to the best of us
>>
>>46230989
>>46230886
Admittedly that would be a ballsy as fuck move.

>balls in your court now Disney
>>
>>46227055
Season 6 is already in the right order, it was added by Netflix after the other 5 seasons were done.
>>
File: george lucas.gif (3MB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
george lucas.gif
3MB, 350x262px
>>46231103
hehe
>Perimeter breach at Disney complex
>Fat old bloke with a flannel shirt, jeans
>Says we all gotta die
>Neckbeards on the wire!
>There's hundreds of them armed plastic light bats!
>>
>>46230886
They already tried to bring wedge back and he said no.
>>
So I've tried to watch Rebels, but it seems sort of shitty. Clone Wars looked way better, what little bit of acting I've seen from Rebels has been bad, and the entire concept of having a bunch of Jedi running around after order 66 bothers me.

The entire show just seems like bad fan fic
>>
>>46231586
Because they were offering him a lame cameo.
Dude's got existing obligations for tv shows, and the effort of getting time away isn't worth it if he's going to have less screen time than an extra.
>>
>>46231586

That was for a bit part, a cameo, an afterthought during production. He wanted a larger role, which would have required rewriting the script a bunch, and they didn't have time to squeeze him in.

It's up in the air for VIII as to whether they'll pick that idea back up and throw Wedge's old actor in to reprise the role as a minor character. Would be neat to see last generation's old Ace back in the pilot's seat as the Republic, with its armada crippled, fighting the good fight once again.
>>
>>46220526
Which is funny because Ford-as-Han in TFA showed more emotion and enthusiasm than I've seen from him in a role since... um.. I think Air Force One.
>>
>>46231651

>Clone Wars looked way better

Lucas straight sunk millions into the CG team to help them do whatever they wanted to do, essentially giving them a blank check for CG effects.

Under Disney, Rebels has a slashed budget. Disney isn't willing to spend millions more than they have to on an acquisition worth billions, and they intend to make their money back.
>>
>>46231692
I think that, despite what he says, the grumpy old guy has a fondness for his first major role. You can see it in his acting, a friend of mine who isn't particular fond of Star Wars said that Han was one of the best parts in TFA and it felt like he belonged in that role.
>>
>>46231586
STILL BUMMED THAT POE'S LAST NAME WASN'T ANTILLES.
>>
>>46231692
Harry Fords a notoriously cranky fucker, though he does like the Indiana Jones gig.
I think he did a good job in TFA as he was playing an 'older Han' rather than just reprising the original role.
>>
>>46231692
>>46231772

He gave the character a fitting send off, I think. If he's going to be Han one last time he might as well enjoy it.

>>46231779

Let's not make this any more POETRY than it needs to be. Poe is kind of what you get if an A-Wing pilot survives long enough to reproduce, though.
>>
>>46220526
>>46231692
>>46231772
I've always gotten the impression that it's more that he just doesn't want to forever be remembered as being JUST Han Solo, and that it's frustrating having people always go "Look mommy, it's Han Solo!"
>>
>>46231844
A lot of actors who hit an iconic role early in their careers do kinda resent being known only as that one character.
Leonard Nimoy wrote a book about how he resented being typecast as emotionless aliens after his tenure as Spock called "I am not Spock."
Everyone took this to mean he hated his role as Spock so much he had to write a new book called "I am Spock," clarifying his love of the character and the show he worked on; he just didn't want to be defined as only that.
He seemed to embrace that in his final years coming back as Spock Prime for the JJ reboot.
>>
>>46231995

Then there's those that fucking love the characters they create. Anthony Daniels loved C3PO so much he insists on voicing and acting him in every subsequent appearance of the character, and when he can't (someone else playing him, it's a comic, etc.) he takes the role of character advisor and makes sure he can accommodate the character to whatever he appears in.

He honestly seems like the most chill dude of the whole cast, next to Mark Hamill and Warwick Davis.
>>
File: 1306057998996.png (166KB, 616x879px) Image search: [Google]
1306057998996.png
166KB, 616x879px
>>46232092
Billy Dee Williams seems to just roll with being known as Lando to the general public.
>>
File: [WINNING SMILE].png (120KB, 1245x217px) Image search: [Google]
[WINNING SMILE].png
120KB, 1245x217px
>>46232119

Hey, who wouldn't?
>>
>>46231682
>with its armada crippled
I still think it's incredibly fucking stupid for the NR to be so goddamn weak. One fleet above one planet, no matter how important that planet is, should not be a crippling loss.
>>
>>46232092
>reminder that Anthony Daniels and the man in the R2-D2 suit hate each other because Daniels was a dick to him.
>>
>>46232173

Could have been spread out around the planet's moons as well. NR might have anticipated a Deathstar-like threat, but who would have thought you could blow up all the moons, too? And with so little warning? Leia and some sympathetic senators were the only ones concerned with what the First Order was doing, everyone else thought them to be warmongers.

Still, they likely have whole fleets on patrol around the NR, even if their bulk was in the system, so they might be weakened but still have some resources at their disposal.
>>
>>46231779
Fingers crossed for Syal to show up and trade bantz with Poe in VIII

>>46232264
Maybe by VIII, the NR voters will have woken up and elected politicians with actual balls.
>>
>>46232304

Well, I mean their government kind of blew up. NR is likely scrambling to maintain order, and the First Order has probably used this disruption to start invading the known galaxy proper.
>>
>>46231739
That's good for Lucas. If Disney wants to interest more adult watchers, or if they want their Rebel show to get any of the credence that TCW seems to have, they could put some work into making the characters look like they're made out of like, bone and muscle.
>>
>>46232347

Well, I mean, he made them LOOK good, but he ends up making them not really act like people.

Which episodes don't make much sense, or feature Jar Jar? A lot of the episodes where things grate are Lucas's own plots thrown at the creative team. TCW gained a lot from his budget, but also suffered from his ideas.
>>
>>46232426
I didn't think there were many episodes that didn't make sense... and as for the Jar Jar episodes, that's the sort of thing I expect out of a kid's show. And it wasn't every episode.

This is exactly the low budget garbage I was scared Disney was going to do when they bought the franchise. Of all of Disney's IPs, STAR WARS is the one they can't manage to put any money into? STAR WARS?
>>
So, 700 point game of Team Epic going down tomorrow. My job is anti-heavy ship, probably working a lot on killing the Ghost, Falcon, and CR90 the rebels are probably bringing.

My buddy is focusing on anti-fighter work, so all I've brought is a flight of TIEs to escort the Gozanti. Just asked him if he wants Youngster and Howlrunner, since honestly they aren't getting me that much.

How's this look?

http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!c=320!150:95,168,154,157,158,155:37:21:;51:-1,126,58,14,143,41:-1:25:;49:126,58,14,143,41:-1:25:;49:126,58,14,143,41:-1:25:;49:126,58,14,143,41:-1:25:;152:12:-1:-1:;18:-1:-1:-1:;10::-1:-1:;180:-1:-1:-1:;184:-1:-1:-1:;39:23,-1,38,-1:-1:14:&sn=Hammer%20Squadron
>>
>>46232173

As stupid as it sounds they probably spent more credits on rebuilding parts of the galaxy than they could on their fleet.

The alliance NEVER had a big navy- Endor was their ultimate wager- that was basically the whole rebel alliance. And even with Mon Cal, their operation was peanuts compared to Kuat and Fondor.

The Imperial Remnant paid out the ass in reparatioins. The whole galaxy just couldn't afford the infinite armada that was the old empire. I would imagine plenty of imperial admirals went full-on warlord leading to internal conflict, so the Republic probably figured "fuck it might as well work on rebuilding society".

As stupid as this sounds there IS precedent for it- look at Post- WW1 France or Britain in the face of the Nazis.

And the First Order was basically Nazis running away to Argentina and building an MIRV that hit Washington DC, Langly, Fort Meade, New York City, and Boston in an afternoon. It may not be "the armada is vaporized" so much as "their intelligence apparatus is gone, the department of defense is gone, Congress is gone, the Federal Reserve is gone, most of the generals are gone, a major supply depot is gone, the Treasury is gone".

You can lose a LOT when your nations central nervous system gets hay-makered across the damn galaxy.
>>
>>46232547

They're keen on not making it a huge moneysink. They just paid three gorillion burgerbucks for the franchise as a whole, and they're not up to spending four gorillion to make their three back.

For Lucas it was a labor of love, and possibly an attempt to reconcile the prequel trilogy. And since he was rich already he just threw money at it so it could be all it could be.
>>
>>46233226
The NR government kept up a rather odd system of moving its capital every so often. While it's probably horribly inefficient in peace time, in war, it might actually prove beneficial since this means it would likely have resulted in redundant facilities and personnel scattered across NR space.
>>
>>46233436
I'm obviously not their money guy, but it seems to me that if Disney wants their non-theatrical Star Wars releases to be taken seriously, they need to make quality products.

Lego Star Wars TV show? That's a fucking joke, right?
>>
>>46233772
Those were a thing before Disney bought them... So a new one is a no-brainer.
>>
>>46233772

Disney has never been on top of their TV show game. Look at every cartoon they've ever made, it's always a toothless imitation of their movie franchises that lasts a couple of seasons before grinding down, or a gutless original series with very little in the way or direction. Compare that shit to what Nickelodeon, CN, Fox Kids, or WB puts out at the same time. Maybe discount Nickelodeon, as fucking nobody can beat their lineup in the 90s.

Even their live-action kid's series are lifeless, heartless soap-opera-lite shows aiming at target audiences probably a few years below what they should be striking at. Disney will always be a juggernaut with their movies, but they have always seen TV series as secondary products, and it shows.
>>
>>46233488
I imagine its a holdover from the rebel alliance packing up and moving every time the imperials found them.

I'm not discounting the possibility their "government building" or capital
is just one ship, a la High Charity from Halo 2. I mean you could probably fit most of Washington DC federal buildings and housing on a Super Star Destroyer. It would make moving easier.
>>
Senate question here.

Since a senator was most likely to come from a sector of 50 systems, what happens if there's two major races in that system? Would one be awkwardly forced into being a representative or would that sector get two senators?
>>
>>46234073
Probably a senator and an advisor on that particular species issues?
>>
>>46234203
That seems plausible, thanks anon
>>
What sorts of dirtier jobs would the OR send Jedi on? I'm gonna run a F&D game set in the ~40s with the players as Jedi of obi-wan's generation (but a bit older) and I want to make them really question, maybe even hate the Republic and jedi
>>
>>46234547
A senator is doing something technically legal, if morally reprehensible, and the Jedi have to stop someone from blackmailing him.

Ie., sex clubs, legal drugs, etc.
>>
>>46234598
>>46234547

The Jedi have to enforce an arrainged marriage that some ahsoka aged princess clearly doesn't want to be a part of, but it's the law so the Jedi need to make her attend the wedding.
>>
>>46233488
>>46234034
>>46233226

I'm hoping that VIII will have Leia and the resistance trying to hold off the First Order from launching a full scale invasion of the galaxy while Ackbar and Wedge Antilles (Freshly brought back from retirement) try to rebuild and rally as much strength as they possibly can before they get their shit slapped.
>>
>>46234547
Anti-Corruption investigations should show up a bit of an old, derelict republic held together by happy thoughts and dirty money
>>
>>46234727
I hope they bring back more than just Wedge.
>>
>>46234547
Send them to whack somebody. Never explicitly give a kill order, but the situation has been clearly set up so that's the only ending
>>
>>46232304
>politicians with balls
"I'll tell you what I'm going to do: I'm going to build a wall around Republic space. The biggest wall you've ever seen. And I'm going to make The First Order pay for it."
>>
Hey guys, help me round out my bomber squadron. I'm really quite pleased with how it's been doing in my meta, and I'm starting to get really good at flying it.

The original premise was to have all 4 bombers with identical loadouts, as that symmetry really pleases me and keeps things easy to keep track of.

With the release of the Ghost kit, thermal detonators have crept into my list. That added stress is SO worth the extra point, but now it's made my list asymmetrical. On one hand, I could have jonus add in his ordinance for extra damage, as my opponents will undoubtedly target the only named character in my list first. On the other hand, I could load him up with defensive crew or buffs from TIE shuttle. That might keep him alive longer, but really knocks down those extra red dice.

>3x Scimitar Squadron Pilot
Extra Munitions, Guidance Chips, Plasma Torpedoes, seismic charges
>Captain Jonus
Guidance chips, extra munitions, plasma torpedoes, seismic charges

-or-

Extra Munitions, Guidance Chips, Plasma Torpedoes, Thermal Detonators
>Captain Jonus
Guidance chips, plasma torpedoes, thermal detonators

-or-

Extra Munitions, Guidance Chips, Plasma Torpedoes, Thermal Detonators
>Captain Jonus
Determination, TIE shuttle, fleet officer, Moff Jerjerrod

Thoughts? What're your opinions?
>>
>>46234547
"You can't bang, okay?"
>>
>>46234547
They gotta play bodyguard to a profoundly reprehensible warlord because he's paid a senator an unholy amount of money for Jedi protection (he's a "vital ally of the republic")
You can go full afghan if you want this to be the final straw, otherwise just make him a general asshole
>>
File: 20160324_204233_zpssz4eb5bb.jpg (528KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
20160324_204233_zpssz4eb5bb.jpg
528KB, 1024x1365px
>>
File: 20160324_205532_zpsjusywoad.jpg (517KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
20160324_205532_zpsjusywoad.jpg
517KB, 1024x1365px
>>
>>46234547
They gotta go put down a guerilla movement somewhere. Of course, nobody bothered telling them it was a slave uprising
>>
File: 20160324_210118_zps8dcwy1bn.jpg (504KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
20160324_210118_zps8dcwy1bn.jpg
504KB, 1024x1365px
>>
File: Maridun_OOM_macrobinoculars.png (402KB, 660x770px) Image search: [Google]
Maridun_OOM_macrobinoculars.png
402KB, 660x770px
>>46235674
>>46235707
>>46235726
Neat
>>
>>46234547
Send them to bring in a former knight who the council is "worried that they're in danger of falling" and they have to bring them in so that they can be "clensed of the taint of the dark side". When they find him, they discover that he just got married, to another Jedi who quit the order with him, no less
>>
File: reb remover.png (436KB, 556x754px) Image search: [Google]
reb remover.png
436KB, 556x754px
>>46235674
>>46235707
>>46235726
Pretty cool!
>>
>>46227715
Am I missing some episodes? I haven't seen anything relating to Maul except for that trailer.

Last episode I've seen is the Mystery of Chopper Base.
>>
>>46235674
Droid armor crafting plz
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.