[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In japanese mahjong does anyone know why i cant tsumo? i click

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

In japanese mahjong does anyone know why i cant tsumo? i click the button but it says " no multiplier"
>>
This is an issue I run into, and I still don't quite understand it.

It's part of the scoring system, where in addition to your pair and four sets, you also need one of a number of special conditions which make it a valid hand. All concealed is one, a set of dragons is another, but beyond that I forget.

As an aside, does /tg/ know of any good english language Mahjong platforms online? The only ones I've been able to find are either designed for gambling, overly expensive or have very limited options.

I'm really looking for something I and a group of friends can use to learn the game. I know ten second turn timers is considered long in the Mahjong community, but given I'm playing with friends and beginners I'd love a client where we can turn off the timers and take our time to figure things out.
>>
>>46121459
>>46121516

To clarify, I can say for certain that the reason you can't win with that hand is that you called the set of winds.
>>
>>46121516
I understood that if in the case of one hand, if you had 3 sequences you could be able to win even with open hand but yet again well its not working...
>>
>>46121459
I watched that mahjong anime for like half a series and I still dont have a fucking clue what was going on.
>>
>>46121660
LOL
>>
>>46121459
While your hand is complete you have 0 yaku/multiplier
>>
>>46121459
You need at least a yaku in a valid hand.

Scroll down in the website , and you will find a list.

The most basic are:
* a triplet of dragons
* a triplet of the round wind or of the own position wind (look at the screen, it says Round: South, Position: South), so the triplet of West winds is worthless for you (there are exceptions, like only using honor tiles (winds and dragons) or only honor tiles and another suit of tiles.
* going out with a closed hand by self draw
* calling riichi (when you can go out - you lock your hand and can't change it anymore, but it's worth more)
* tanyao: no honor tiles or terminals (1 and 9)
* pinfu: only runs (like 345), the pair must also be worthless (no dragons, round winds, position winds) and the wait at the end must be a ryanmen wait (e.g. having two consecutive tiles like 45 and waiting for 3 and 6).
>>
>>46121651
Actually the only sequences yaku worth something open are itsuu (123456789) of one suit or sanshiki 3 time the same sequence IE 3x 456 in that case
>>
>>46121660
Mahjong is basically just making sets and runs, and then a million rules about how scoring works and when you can win.
>>
>>46122127
To this day I still don't understand how to correctly count the point value of my hand even if I understand how yaku work.
>>
>>46122127
The scoring system is pretty convoluted but that's only because there are so many options. Mahjong isn't much different from Poker.
>>
>>46123801
>The [...] system is pretty convoluted but that's only because there are so many options.
Holy shit, mahjong is GURPS.
>>
>>46124169

Nah, Mahjong is actually fun.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.