[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 357
Thread images: 50

Shirtless Druid Bro Edition

Discuss the viability of the Warcraft Universe as a tabletop RPG setting.

Last thread:
>>46070673
>>
File: RAAWRRK.jpg (249KB, 847x1139px) Image search: [Google]
RAAWRRK.jpg
249KB, 847x1139px
>>46083298
>Edition

You're not even trying.

Should've been Shadows Gather Edition.
>>
File: 1363131777212.jpg (287KB, 900x708px) Image search: [Google]
1363131777212.jpg
287KB, 900x708px
So what the fuck IS voodoo, anyway?
>>
>>46083364
That image name immediately gave me borderline-PTSD of those fuckers hopping on me while I was regaining health back in BC

>>46083392
Shadow magic, isn't it?
>>
bad juju
>>
>>46083392
No idea but according to zanza voodoo "enchanting" is better than elven
>>
>>46083392
stay away from da voodoo
>>
So I checked my WC3 manual and found something interesting.

Kel'zhuzad was sent by lich king to create the cult of the damned and in 3 years he made it huge.
Because many peasants were overburdened with heavy tax and joined the cult for their promise of social equality.
A overburden that came from the tax imposed to keep the Orcs alive.
A Tax that was created because Uther wants to be holier-than-thou.
Thereby Uther gave Cult of the damned their breeding ground to grow into enormous size in short time.

Considering Uther single-handly ruined Lordaeron, Its a wonder why people even think he is great.
>>
File: 5nw16q.jpg (351KB, 807x1100px) Image search: [Google]
5nw16q.jpg
351KB, 807x1100px
>>46083392
For that matter, why have the Darkspears (mostly) instituted a moratorium on it?
>>
>>46083494
Abusing it turns you into raid/dungeon fodder.

See: Gurubashi, Amani, Drakkari, Zandalari
>>
File: greymane4.png (119KB, 631x675px) Image search: [Google]
greymane4.png
119KB, 631x675px
>>46083488
>A overburden that came from the tax imposed to keep the Orcs alive.
Greymane was right
>>
>>46083431
>Shadow magic, isn't it?
It's a particular breed of magic that isn't followed by any other race in the world. I don't think it's entirely shadow magic.
>>
>>46083276
That novel is called "Cycle of Hatred" and is considered fairly poor. I enjoyed it for the most part.

I don't remember the part about the lumber keeping Thunder Lizards away.
>>
File: 1438331215473.png (178KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
1438331215473.png
178KB, 500x550px
>>46083488
>A Tax that was created because Uther wants to be holier-than-thou.
>Thereby Uther gave Cult of the damned their breeding ground to grow into enormous size in short time.

>implying Uther was the only one who didn't want to mass-genocide the orcs
It fell to the leaders of the Alliance, namely Terenas, for making that decision. Gilneas disagreed so hard they just left.

Uther isn't the king. He didn't make the internment camps.

Besides, peasants always have something to bitch about. Even without the bonus taxes (assuming they had just rounded up all the orcs and dumped them in the middle of the ocean or something), they're peasants. The Cult of the Damned would have grown regardless, it would've just taken longer.
>>
>>46083583
That's the one. I haven't read it in, like, ten years, so I can't say how I'd stand on it now. I remember liking it then, though. Probably in part because I'm a Jaina lover, admittedly.
>>
File: KOz7n7A.jpg (2MB, 2700x3600px) Image search: [Google]
KOz7n7A.jpg
2MB, 2700x3600px
>>46083392
As far as canon goes, "Voodoo" is a mish-mash of various magical practices but ultimately worshipping the "Loa", who appear to be powerful spirits of the natural world with an affinity to the Shadow/Void region displayed in pic related.

It's pretty much making a pact with a hungry supernatural being, but it isn't demons.

Thinking about it, it sounds a lot like the Loa are the link between the Trolls and the Old Gods.
>>
>>46083681
Loa are wild gods according to current lore
>>
>>46083681
Last I heard, the Loa were practically the Wild Gods. It's why it was such a big deal when one of the loa introduced the Darkspears to the Emerald Dream, where they could "talk to all the loa at the same time" instead of having to devote themselves to one or another.
>>
>>46083681
Loa are lesser Wild Gods, but some of them are tied to the Shadowlands (Bwonsamdi, Quetz'lun, presumably Hakkar).
>>
It's kinda weird really that with all the focus voodoo gets with trolls, you can't actually PLAY a Voodoo guy in WoW.
>>
>>46083767
I thought hakkar was something else than a wild god
>>
File: WOWRagingBreserkerHelmlowres.jpg (466KB, 700x800px) Image search: [Google]
WOWRagingBreserkerHelmlowres.jpg
466KB, 700x800px
>>46083768
That's because, as >>46083494 points out, the Darkspears are one of the only troll clans who have banned voodoo (and cannibalism). It's why one of their farewell lines is "Stay away from the voodoo." Granted, many of them still USE voodoo, but it's not to an extreme effect.
>>
So, new Warcraft movie trailer has dropped.
How bad is it this time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvlGM6ikW0U
>>
>>46083868
There is also the fact that wow generalises classes
>>
>>46083860
>Hakkar the Soulflayer, Blood God of the Gurubashi trolls, is a malevolent and destructive creature that controls the Gurubashi Empire's fallen capital of Zul'Gurub.
>He is part of the troll pantheon, who are more powerful than elementals but not as powerful as gods.
The most general terms they use to describe Hakkar are "spirit" and "god." He's not going to be kicking Elune's ass any time soon.
>>
>>46083868
The whole "Voodo, Yes/No" schism of the Darkspear is actually quite interesting.

Yes, some farewell lines say "Stay away from the Voodoo", while others say something like "Embrace the Voodoo". I think the former line is said from shaman-teachers and shaman-affiliated npcs while the latter is said by priests.
>>
File: 1412205071726.jpg (161KB, 450x618px) Image search: [Google]
1412205071726.jpg
161KB, 450x618px
>>46083925
>While most trolls use voodoo to worship the Loa, lately the Darkspear Tribe have had some alterations to their practices. When Thrall and his Horde ran into the Darkspear Tribe in Stranglethorn Vale sailing to Kalimdor, The Orcs found broken people caused by the attacks of vicious Murlocs controlled by a Sea Witch. Their fate seemed sealed until the orcish Warchief Thrall and his band of newly freed orcs took shelter on their island home. Controlled by a Sea Witch, a group of rampaging murlocs captured the Darkspears' leader Sen'jin, along with Thrall and several other orcs and trolls. Thrall managed to free himself and others, but was ultimately unable to save the trolls' leader. Although Sen'jin was sacrificed to the Sea Witch, he was able to reveal a vision he had in which Thrall would lead the Darkspear Tribe from the island. After returning to the island, Thrall and his followers managed to fend off further attacks by the Sea Witch and her murloc minions, and set sail for Kalimdor once again. Under the new leadership of Vol'jin, the Darkspear swore allegiance to Thrall's Horde and followed him to Kalimdor.
>The horde however looked down on the voodoo practices such as eating fallen enemies and sacrificing them to the gods. Thrall ordered Vol'Jin to tell his people to stop these practices that were shocking the Orcs. However the voodoo magics have long since been apart of the darkspear culture, and they weren't simply going to give it up. So in turn, they altered their practices. They kept the same gods and still used voodoo, but their human sacrifices would be changed to animal sacrifices. As for cannibalism, they had no option but to give it up all together. It is important to remember however, that this change in practice, only applies for the Darkspear tribe, as they joined the Horde.
tl;dr - Darkspears stopped cannibalism and altered their voodoo practices because Thrall said "cut that shit out; you're scaring everyone."
>>
>>46083571
Him and Thoras, actually

>>46083591
Uther was the one who made, pushed the idea and persuaded Terenas.
Without him the idea would never exist, let along be made.

Taken longer would mean Arthas would be older and harder to control too.
The fact stands that he made the Cult of the damned possible and thereby the entire 3rd war possible.
>>
File: az_kylhakkar.jpg (34KB, 425x286px) Image search: [Google]
az_kylhakkar.jpg
34KB, 425x286px
>>46083392
>>46083681
Your on the right path voodoo is an excercise in pact making with Loa many times using mojo as a medium. Best think of this as capitalist trade.

What is Loa?
Loa is any spirit sufficiently powerful enough to maintain will and pressence beyond death. This does not mean it must be dead, an animal or a god.

What is a pact?
It is an offering of services or goods for a service from the Loa. This could be knowledge or magical ability. Typically the mortal will offer mojo or a direct service (kill such and such, pray x # of time)

What is Mojo?
Mojo is currency. Simply it is raw magic only usable by voodoo priests, Loa and a limited number of animals.

>blood for the blood god
>>
File: this requires a pondering.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
this requires a pondering.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>46083877
My hopes remain remarkably low.
>"Can we get some guys that actually look like soldiers? No? Okay, whatever. Scrawny here will have to do."
>"Hit your sword against your shield- but don't damage the prop!"
>"Now scream at the camera! SCREAM AT IT!"

But hey, they showed Ironforge and a dwarf with a gun. That's pretty neat.
>>
>>46083494
They dop engange in "Voodoo" just not so much in the sacrifice-heavy strain of it.

Troll magic is a huge mismatch of Void, Nature, Elemental, etc magic with a bit of the light, some arcane, and a dash of demonology thrown in.

>>46083925
>>46084007
Some say "Stay away from De voode" others say :Yo geit da voodoo" or come get it maybe?

Either way, they still engage in what could loosely be described as Voodoo, with a little less blood sacrifice.

And even before thrall they generally didn't engage in the blood stuff nearly as much as other trolls.

>>46084035
>What is Mojo?
>Mojo is currency. Simply it is raw magic only usable by voodoo priests, Loa and a limited number of animals.
"Mojo" is a vague magical essence or substance trolls have an Affinity for, it may be arcane, it may be "Spirit" (A troll Monk calling "Chi" "Mojo" instead would be totally suited to their traditions.
>>
>>46083877
>Release: June 10th

I WAS PROMISED MAY. MAY, YOU BASTARDS! STOP PLAYING WITH MY HEART, METZEN! GIVE ME MY WARCRAFT FILM, DAMMIT!
>>
>>46084115
"You come for the voodoo?" is one of their greeting lines.
>>
>>46084035
>Loa is any spirit sufficiently powerful enough to maintain will and pressence beyond death. This does not mean it must be dead, an animal or a god.

But trolls don't refer to just any spirit is a Loa. I think that to count as a Loa, it has to be a spirit that- for whatever reason- is revered by the trolls as a Loa. More of a title than a hard and fast law of the multiverse.

>Mojo is currency. Simply it is raw magic only usable by voodoo priests, Loa and a limited number of animals.

Mojo, as used in the game, seems more akin to "essence". Things have it in them and it can be taken out, transferred, bottled, etc. All after certain mystical procedures of course. There are quests when you go out and collect it.
>>
>>46084099

I still have a bit of faith in Travis Fimmel as Lothar desu.
Everything else is swinging from average to nope.
>>
File: 6Ud6ubC.jpg (161KB, 761x800px) Image search: [Google]
6Ud6ubC.jpg
161KB, 761x800px
>>46084143
Trolls consider the Ancients (Goldrinn, Aviana, Cenarius, etc.) to be night elf Loa, on that note.

>YOU KNOW NOTHING OF FURY, WORM!

>yfw you will never be as full of righteous rage as Lo'gosh
>>
>>46084143
Trolls call whisps Loa
>>
>>46083877
AH SHIT

A CGI DWARF

But seriously what the fuck was that entire beginning scene?
>>
>>46083877
Was that Ner'zhul in that sweet as fuck bonemask?
>>
>>46084457
Trying to build tension with simple methods. It is rather anticlimactic, I must say. I believe that's mostly because everything is out of context.

>>46084471
Yes. It's fucking sweet, IDD.
>>
Alright, faggots. Here comes my fanwank: Campaign introductions for Warcraft IV (that's never going to be released, I know)

>Campaign 1: Humans – The Flight of the Desperate (Intro Campaign)

>The undead Scourge had laid devastation to nearly all of Lordaeron. Whole populations were either murdered, succumbed to the plague of undeath or were enslaved into the service of the Scourge, living a miserable life in a land that belonged to the dead. Others still were misplaced, seeking refuge in the wilds and neighbouring nations. While most of the latter have found quarantined shelter in Stromgarde, the former have led a gruelling guerilla war against the roaming undead. Nilas Leonhart, one of Lordaeron's surviving lesser nobles, has kept a small community of survivors save in a remote space near the border to the Hillsbrad Foothills. However, as of late, more and more undead seem to lurk in the area, destroying what little farmland his people could salvage and so they are running out of supplies. The time has come to finally leave Lordaeron behind – But deep in their hearts do the refugees know that it will be only temporarily.

>And that they would bring justice with them.
>>
>>46084490
Fuck I love the bone orc and troll masks
>>
File: draenei paladin (9).jpg (120KB, 669x533px) Image search: [Google]
draenei paladin (9).jpg
120KB, 669x533px
>>46083906
Yep.

Look at Magi and Paladins for example. All magi are seemingly forced to join/put up with the Human conglomerate, and the Paladin Order hall is A human chapel with a Draenei section thrown in last second.
>>
>>46084525
>Campaign 2: Orcs – War in a new land
>Thrall has officially stepped down as Warchief of the Horde, believing that they live in times of peace now. As consequence, the Orcish Horde has disbanded and the Orcs themselves have returned to living in clans and extended families, though they struggle to find back to their individual traditions and culture that they practiced back on Draenor. The nation of Durotar is now administered by the council of chiefs, with Thrall as the “first among equals” and ambassador in the name of the clans.
>Peace however is only superficial, and tensions rise high with the natives of Kalimdor: The Warsong clan has chosen to remain near Ashenvale and continue to cut lumber for Durotar, despite their previous encounters with the Night Elf Sentinels, further provoking their anger, while a newly formed “Thunderlord”-Clan, intent on carrying on the ancient clan's legacy, has taken to roaming the Barrens and is constantly fighting the centaurs and Quilboars.
>After years of expanding their territory, the orc-clans are about to face the retaliation of an enemy they had made for themselves – And they will need the guidance of a Warchief to survive.
>>
>>46084525
>>46084561
Anon, you need to be way more specific about what's going on. The elevator pitch is all well and good when it's the intro to a campaign that will then reveal all of that foreshadowing, but if you want to tell us about your fanwank, you actually have to tell us about it. Where are the humans going? To Kalimdor? Is that what you're talking about with this "enemy they had made for themselves"?
>>
>>46084561
Campaign 3: Forsaken – War in the Plaguelands
The “Banshee-Queen” Sylvanas Windrunner has rallied both the undead and the living to her cause under the banner of her warband called the “Forsaken”. Their hold on the capitol of Lordaeron is strong, as they have firmly entrenched themselves in the Undercity below the once radiant metropolis. However, they are fighting an uphill battle as they face both the seemingly endless armies of the Scourge supported by the elusive Cult of the Damned, as well as a radical paladin order calling itself “The Scarlet Crusade” which, despite being comparably few in numbers and without any remarkable supply lines, continues to be a thorn in their side. Apart from those enemies that the Forsaken must face head-on, there are several survivors of Lordaeronian guerilla fighters nestled in Silverpine-Forest that continue to harass the logistics of the Forsaken.
Beset from all sides, Sylvanas' rebellion still holds strong, yet seems doomed to fail in the end. Nevertheless she hungers for vengeance agains the Scourge – And may yet find unlikely allies in her undertaking.
>>
>>46084619
What he said. Vague game introductions are no replacement for hard details.
>>
>>46084552
>>46083906
The priest Order Hall is nearly pure Draenei on the other hand

And the "Human" order you are talking about is the Tirisfalen Tirisgarde. Which is restarted by a pair of very long-dead humans, or was alodi a High Elf? I forget.
>>
>>46084619
Fuck, the humans were supposed to go to stromgarde. I had that bit in a draft for possible missions, but I left those out because I don't have more for the other campaigns yet and it's fairly late and I want to go to bed. Just going to dump the rest of the campaign introductions, then I'm off.

>>46084651
>Campaign 4: Night Elves – The Hand of Justice
>After the battle at Mount Hyjal did the Sentinels retreat back into the dense and vast forests of Ashenvale, while the reawakened druids under the archdruid Malfurion Stormrage have taken to their residence in Moonglade and began to purify the once beautiful Felwood from the taint of the Burning Legion and its demon magics. Over these past years did the Night Elves have tried their best to accustom themselves to living more in touch with the other races and even going as far as extending an olive branch to the orcs, with whom they had a troubled past that has caused deep wounds that only slowly heal. The Warsong-Clan-orcs however repeatedly overstep the boundaries and do little to help improve relations by cutting more wood in Ashenvale than the Sentinels agreed.
>Tyrande Whisperwind, leader of the Night Elf Sentinels, sees herself forced to retaliate and deal with the Warsong, once and for all, knowing that their opponents love to prove their martial prowess far too much to ever back down. She will have no regrets to crush the clan's warriors like dry leaves in her hand and water Ashenvale with their black blood.
>>
>>46083877
So who's the orc with the twin tails thing that Lothar is killing?
>>
>>46084743
>Campaign 5: Humans – The Scarlet Conquest
>Nilas' refugees have finally found a save haven within Stromgarde's borders. Even though the proud and ancient nation has lost much of its former glory and finds itself beset by a terrorist group known as “The Syndicate”, its military power is still strong and ensures the safety of the people. Still, even the mighty Stromgarde suffers under the ever growing pressure of the undead, and honour demands that King Terenas legacy be cleansed of the Scourge's corruption.
>Sending emissaries to old allies, such as the dwarves of Khaz Modan and Aerie Peak and the faraway human nation of Stormwind, does Stromgarde muster an army ready to reclaim Lordaeron from the grasp of undeath. King Thoras Trollbane is too occupied and sends his son Galen, together with Nilas as his guide and advisor, to fight in his stead.
>They know not yet what awaits them at their destination – Save that they have to muster all their courage and prowess to overcome it.
>>
>>46084681
I was just anxious to post some material that was circulating in my head. Looking back, it is still poorly worked out, yes. I'm off to bed.
>>
>>46084724
I was more talking about how there are no race unique classes like shadow hunter but instead you just have hunter spread across several classes
>>
>>46083877
>Rated PG-13

Why.
>>
>>46084927
I know, right? I was half expecting an R, just because it's theoretically supposed to be a movie about a brutal war. But really, how old were you when you played War Craft for the first time? Fuck, I was maybe nine at most, playing WC2. Blizz knows what its target demographic is, and it isn't neckbeards. In fact, if you can grow a beard of any kind, you're probably too old. PG-13 is statistically the most profitable rating, after all.
>>
>>46084927
Because most of WoW's subscribers are children and you can't make fantasy based on a CHILDREN'S game rated R.
That's just throwing away all the loose pocket change of all those kids looking to pay 10 bucks to sit in the dark and play with their phones while the movie is on.
>>
>>46085117
>>46085068

I wouldn't expect an R, but surely M would make sense?
>>
>>46085171
M isn't a movie rating, retard.
>>
>>46085171
Anon, M is not a film rating, it's a videogame rating. Films are rated by the MPAA-- at least, if they want to see screentime in the states they are. Video games are rated by the ESRB. These rating systems do not use the same classifications.
>>
>>46085203
>>46085192
Besides, M is just the video game equivalent to a movie's R rating.
And WoW is rated T, which is the vidya equivalent to a PG-13.
>>
>>46085171
I'm pretty sure R is the equivalent to an M rating. Maybe a bit different.

Also there's no M rating for movies what the fuck
>>
>>46085192
>>46085203

Sorry, I'm going by Australian rating, where M is a thing. Can't believe you Yanks just go from PG to R.
>>
>>46083298
Malfurion is canonically an asshole.
>>
>>46085220
You know what's crazy? I just looked it up, and Orcs and Humans was rated E.
>>
>>46085232
It's G, which is acceptable for little kids.
PG, which is a little more tense, mostly for older children and grandparents. Can have a couple minor curse words.
PG-13 is for older children, particularly teenagers.
This is the high school-age popcorn muncher crowd that action movies try to hit now. Can get pretty brutal on the violence, but can''t show more than a few seconds of bare ass. No nipples unless it's Titanic. Can say "fuck" once or twice in a non-sexual manner.
R is for grown-up or anyone 17 and up, but adults can escort younger children in.
NC-17 is rarely used and even more rarely played in theaters. This is absolutely no children under 17.
>>
>>46085232
I'm Canadian, and technically we have a separate, non MPAA rating system that goes PG, 14A,18A, R. The thing is, the American ratings (which are crazy, by the way, the MPAA is psychotic) are included in all of the disc content, like trailers and pre-movie warnings and such, and the Canadian rating just goes on a little sticker on the box that no one really pays attention to. If asked the average person, they would tell you that 14A is an american rating higher than PG-13, because no one cares to know different.
>>
>>46085245

>a red pixel came out of that grey pixel
>BAN THAT SHIT
>>
>>46085298
I guess I should clarify that there are Canadian ratings below PG and above R, but they aren't relevant to this discussion.
>>
>>46085245
It came out before the ESRB really existed. And Early ESRB hadn't really gotten its rating system down so Warcraft, which wasn't all that bad, despite the bloody corpses you leave when killing enemies, wasn't deemed to harmful to little kiddies.
Though Diablo got an M rating.
I'm pretty sure Warcraft 2 was initially M for all its bloody corpses but was later reduced down to T.
>>
>>46085303
I know the graphics are such that the gore is all really really abstract, but I mean, the orcs still summon demons and raise the dead. You'd think some hardcore christian group would have noticed and raised a stink.
>>
>>46085285
that jump from PG-13 to 17 is really weird. Aus goes to M (recommend 15) MA (15 without guardian) than to R (restricted 18+).
>>
>>46085323
>Warcraft 2 corpses

They went from functional to a splattered mass in the blink of an eye it was unreal.
>>
>>46083488
There was quite a bit of social unrest at the time. The majority of stormwind's artisan class defected to the Defias group after they weren't played to rebuild the city.

It was probably very easy to attract the ears of many peasants. I doubt dalaran and other magical institutes (formal tutors, other avenues) would be willing to teach the poor. The promised of liberty, equality and eternal life is a strong sell compared to life as a turd farmer
>>
>>46085415
Yeah, and Ogres had a frame or two of their guts exploding before they flopped down in a bloody pile.
>>
>>46083392
Spiritual shadow magic that enslaves loa (lesser wild gods), it's incredibly dangerous as it corrupts the spirits permanently and they linger and lash out centuries after the original spell.

Since it directly fucks with spirit/life energy it can essentially "salt" the magical shamanistic soil. It's banned by the Darkspear because it's powerful evil and backfires hard.

Vol'jin is know to ban it but has a contract with the most poweful dark loa; Bwonsamdi and control over the souls of the darkspear and their afterlife.
>>
>>46085471
>enslaves
Not in all cases. Half the time, you have to strike a bargain with the loa.
>>
>>46085447
>tfw 20 years later you notice that ogres' hands turn into lightning when they attack
>>
>>46084099
I think it's a style clash thing.

The orcs and one dwarf we've seen so far are proportioned like they are in Warcraft (brawny, wiiiiiiiiiide, and muscled as fuck). And when all the other races are in Warcraft proportions, the normal human actors are gonna look scrawny by comparison, and they can't solve that short of hiring bodybuilders or swapping the humans to CG as well.

Honestly, I'm just pumped for the dwarf.
>>
>>46085553
>Honestly, I'm just pumped for the dwarf.

Well stop pumping, or you'll shoot off too quick. The movie isn't until June.
>>
>>46085553
Ya know, for all the things that were wrong with the Hobbit movies, they at least did a good job of making most of the dwarves look like dwarves instead of just humans scaled down.
>>
>>46085610
Did they?
Kili and Thorin didn't look particularly dwarfy to me.
>>
>>46085489
For some pacts, yes. But the strongest loa like Hakkar were once peaceful loa who were fed void magic and corrupted into living gods.

Voodoo is separate from both shamanistic and druidic pacts because it uses shadow magic to manipulate the forces at work and runs the risk of corrupting them.
>>
>>46085586
Eh, I'd be roughly that pumped if this was the Blizzard of old. Now, though...

>>46085610
Eh. I'm glad they went the CG route with the dwarf.
>>
>>46085643
That's why I said most.
They did things like make them wear head pieces that made their entire heads look bigger and made them wear low-slung belts to make their legs look shorter. They taught them to walk and run in a leaned-back pose rather than the forward-lean humans do. And the giant boots to make the feet look extra big.
But yeah, they still stunk it up by having pretty dorfs like Thorin and Kili. At least they both had the decency to die at the end.
>>
>>46085649
I'm cool with this explanation, it makes sense given that the old gods have to exert some influence on the natural world anyway and even immortal beings would lose themselves in time.
>>
>>46083494
It's risky business to deal with. The Darkspear are known for their "avoid risk, hide, survive" mentality.
>>
>>46083877
It's leaps and bounds better, if only for not having the terrible brown orc lipsync
>>
I need my demon hunters soon...
>>
File: holinka.png (591KB, 512x504px) Image search: [Google]
holinka.png
591KB, 512x504px
>>46083298
>>
File: femalevarian.jpg (411KB, 800x1153px) Image search: [Google]
femalevarian.jpg
411KB, 800x1153px
>>
File: tumblr_ny2l9dpHVP1qf4eupo1_1280.png (567KB, 1000x1423px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny2l9dpHVP1qf4eupo1_1280.png
567KB, 1000x1423px
>>46087936
>>
File: tumblr_ny2l9dpHVP1qf4eupo2_1280.png (449KB, 1000x1071px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny2l9dpHVP1qf4eupo2_1280.png
449KB, 1000x1071px
>>46087961
I regret nothing.
>>
How do you guys feel about Vrykul being playable? Too big?
>>
>>46088090
there's already enough playable humans
>>
>>46087936
HRRRRRRRRRRNG

>>46087976
That looks way too perky to be Wrathion. Needs about ten times more smug.

>>46088090
Honestly, I kinda think WoW is leaning on the side of having too many playable races. I'd maybe insert two more (Naga for Horde, maybe Arrakoa for Alliance), and then stop there.
>>
>>46088132
the bigger problem is that nobody plays the new races. Blood Elves have more players than Pands (both factions), Worgen and Goblins combined, and are almost twice as large as the Draenei.

40%+ of the base are Humans, Night Elves and Blood Elves, so unless the new races are good looking, they are going to pick up maybe 3% of the player base tops
>>
>>46088090
We need better classes not more races, or if they are going to add more races make them actually matter again.

Remember in Vanilla when each different race had a different set of level 14 and 18 spells for priest.
If each class had that and had the variant skills actually be worth weighing the decision between two races.
>>
>>46087936
>Varian is killed on a diplomatic mission to Theramore
>his wife is washed ashore kalimdor and enslaved by orcs
>they put her in a cage match for the laughs
>she actually wins and becomes a gladiator
>eventually escapes and returns to stormwind
>GET THE HELL AWAY FROM MY SON YOU DRAGON BITCH
>her right to rule is questionable at best, but nobody really dares to
>she's determined to make the world a better place for Anduin once he comes of age, mainly by wiping out the Horde
>>
>>46088228
yeah except one of them completely outperform the other choices and everyone went for that instead.

Which is why the changed it in the first place.
>>
File: AWESOME.gif (182KB, 1036x654px) Image search: [Google]
AWESOME.gif
182KB, 1036x654px
>>46087936
jesus christ
>>
>>46088258
I'm just saying that is the only thing that would improve the race spread situation.
>>
...Huh, so Aegwynn built Karazhan as a secret sanctuary from the Council of Tirisfal. That's... really unsatisfying as an explanation for its existence. It also seemed a lot more "Lived in" than she or Medivh could have made it.

Oh and the retcon so she wasn't just using Niles Aran to get pregnant and callously dumping his ass seemed needless. Though i guess after darkening up so much of the lore maybe they felt like making it more cheerful by the end of the book?
>>
>>46088230

>she violently purges Stormwind of the patriarchal elite who opposes her rule
>she publicly condemns Jaina as an orc lover after the sabotage of the assault on Undercity and forcibly annexes Theramore and banishes Jaina from the realm
>she demands from the Dark Iron Dwarves the firstborn sons of their monarchs as tributes to the Alliance in exchange for peace and reintegration
>she orders the Argent Crusade to reintegrate into the Alliance and conduct military operations against the Forsaken in Gilneas and the Plaguelands.
>>
>>46088824
Yeah, for the last two, the Dark Iron Dwarves will just say "Fuck off mate".
And the Argent Crusade has Forsaken, orcs and Taurens in their ranks, so it will be "May the Light watch over you, but fuck off mate"
>>
>>46088230
>GET THE HELL AWAY FROM MY SON YOU DRAGON BITCH
I keep imagining female Varian Heroic Leaping onto Onyxia and punching her repeatedly in the face.

And I cannot stop laughing.
>>
As someone who just got into warcraft lore (Tried out WoW cuz of the Hearthstone promotion)-

So what exactly is the difference between the main (playable) forms of magic?
I get that
>Mages = Arcane
>Warlocks = Fel/Dark
>Priests = Light/Dark(?)
>Shamans = Primordial elements
>Druids = Nature

Mostly what I wonder is how Shamanism, Druidism, and Arcane practices differ as natural forces. Particularly the difference between Shamanism and Druidism, since I guess Arcane is just yet another element.
>>
>>46088970
The sources of their magic differ. Shamans draw power from the elements, while Druids get most of their magic from the Wild Gods.
>>
File: WoWChronicleSample-4.jpg (1MB, 1350x1837px) Image search: [Google]
WoWChronicleSample-4.jpg
1MB, 1350x1837px
>>46088970

>Shamanism
Commune with others beyond the mortal realm to do the dirty work for you- primarily elemental and ancestral spirits. The power isn't yours, you've just got some pretty cool friends (or business partners, in some cases). Your power is gauged on how well you speak to, and listen to those friends.

>Druidism
The raw power of nature is vibrant and alive in the Emerald Dream, and you can pull that power through into the waking world. You don't answer to others- but that means it's all on you. That said, you can get a bit of help like a shaman can- the spirits of nature can guide the way, but you've got to do the heavy lifting.

>Arcane
The language of order in the universe. In untrained hands, it is either useless or incredibly volatile, but in the most disciplined, it can weave the fabric of reality itself. You need a mix of natural affinity and non-stop study/training if you want to be the best mage you can be- there are no shortcuts that don't involve bursting into flames, freezing to death, or other grisly fates.

That said, here's a little chart regarding the powers of the universe. Arcane = Order, Fel = Chaos, Light = Good, Void = Bad, then there's Life and Death which get kinda subjective (I'm in favor of life, personally).
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (74KB, 444x695px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
74KB, 444x695px
So what the fuck is the deal with these guys, anyway?
>>
>>46089029
I feel like water and earth should be swapped around on that planar map

Also I reject the idea of shadow being worse than fel, that's just dumb
>>
>>46089075
Well, it's less that it's worse and more that it's more of a primordial power. At the start, it was just Light, which begat Shadow.

The intertwining of the two created the Twisting Nether, which is the source of both Arcane and Fel.
>>
>>46089068
Old Gods got their hands/tentacles/pedipalps/etc on some Giants, probably.
>>
>>46089068
>we need to make up a new giant for this expansion, ideas?
>what if we made an ogre giant
>like a gronn?
>no... different from that
and thus the ettin was born
>>
>>46087961
>>46087976
cuter than I expected

> tfw Warcraft and TG-TF are my ultimate fetishes
>>
>>46088424
I don't really care about the mystery of Kharazan being broken, but I'm a bit sad that they didn't referenced the fact that the Brotherhood of the horse was supposed to occupy the tower for a bit
>>
File: tumblr_nr33h5iUZR1u9bbeno1_1280.png (696KB, 900x802px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nr33h5iUZR1u9bbeno1_1280.png
696KB, 900x802px
>>46089312
I know how you feel.
>>
>>46089277
more like, let's just nab up the ettin from dnd.
>>
>>46089374
I don't only like rule 63 fanart, I like characters being actively transformed from male to female in-story
>>
>>46089444
Still know how you feel. I just don't have fanfic links.
>>
>>46089470
they exist

then again you may already be their author
>>
>>46088824
The first would lead to civil war.
The second one would lead to Theramore joining the Horde.
As for the last two: >>46088885
>>
File: cozy.png (189KB, 364x652px) Image search: [Google]
cozy.png
189KB, 364x652px
>>46087961
>>46087976
I want to hate these but I can't bring myself to.

Post more rule 63, if you got it.
No lewds.
>>
>>46087961
>>46087976

Who are these supposed to be? Arthas for the first?

I haven't played WoW since vanilla so I'm having a hard time working it out.
>>
File: tumblr_nzvmo03qM91twuw7ho1_1280.jpg (1MB, 1200x1762px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzvmo03qM91twuw7ho1_1280.jpg
1MB, 1200x1762px
>>46089665
Anduin Wrynn and Wrathion.
>>
File: 1458152549464.jpg (239KB, 738x1083px) Image search: [Google]
1458152549464.jpg
239KB, 738x1083px
>>
>>46083877
Dwarf looks like shit.
It's a blizzard cinematic with live action humans and it's ridiculous.
Orcs have green blood? Or is that just orcs hopped up on felballs?
>>
File: kael_thas.jpg (1MB, 1500x1705px) Image search: [Google]
kael_thas.jpg
1MB, 1500x1705px
>>46089632
>Post more rule 63, if you got it.
Well, I have this, but it's hard to tell because elf.
>lewds.
Absolutely not.
>>
>>46089721
2manly4me
>>
>>46083681

Any more pics related? Is that an official piece or some fanart? I really like it.

Kinda reminds me of the WC1 art.
>>
>>46089932
it's from the Warcraft chronicles book that was released this week
>>
File: Andorgos_AQ.jpg (38KB, 428x750px) Image search: [Google]
Andorgos_AQ.jpg
38KB, 428x750px
>"-gos" is typical of the male Blue Dragon, while "gosa" is typical of the female.

This a blue dragon (male).
>>
>>46083768
>>46083868
I figure Troll warlocks are supposed to be Voodoo Guys. Affliction at least is thematically pretty close, with its focus on curses and shadow magic.
Warlcosk obviously are more about dealing with Demons than with the Loa, but there are NPC Troll Voodoo Guys who summon Demons as well (Zul'Gurub had some at last).
>>
>>46089721
Face is a bit too masculine, fine art though.
>>
>>46089932
Two or three threada back, somebody posted an imgur link where all the artwork had been scanned/digitally available.

I didn't save it because I didn't want spoilers.
>>
>>46090167
You realise that "typically" is not the same thing as "always", right? Exceptions are included in the word.
>>
>>46090167
>gos
Cuddle
>gosa
To cuddle

I'm ok with this.
>>
>>46091008
>>46091009
It's the same guy who does this with Chromie. He's only here for the replies. Why do you think we get nearly identical two sentence posts about this every thread? Just ignore him, it's not like he's actually going to engage you in a discussion about it.
>>
>>46091034
If I was a powerful male dragon i'd also want to transform into cute girls too anyway
>>
File: Map.png (2MB, 922x1978px) Image search: [Google]
Map.png
2MB, 922x1978px
So how many of you RP on private servers, /tg/?
>>
>>46091082
How did Brightwood change to Duskwood?
>>
>>46091109
necromancy and shit.
A mix of the dark riders, morbent fell and yiffs.
>>
>>46091109
>>46091127
Not to mention general magical fallout from living downwind of Karazhan. That place breaks the spookometer and forests tend to absorb ambient spookiness.
>>
>>46091082
Not at all.

Too many disappointing bad experiences from official servers.
>>
>>46091127
>dark riders
Did the mystery behind them ever get resolved? Are they still even a thing post-Cataclysm?
>>
>>46091154
yes.
legion has us beating them up to gather artifacts.
>>
>>46091109
A little bit prior to vanilla WoW, a night elf was transporting the Scythe of Elune through Duskwood to meet with Arugal in Silverpine about controlling the worgen. Along the way, she was likely attacked and killed -- never clarified. Then a bum farmer found the scythe with some mines and accidently activated it, causing it to summon hordes of Worgen. Along with this, the Dark Riders of Duskwood Pass (who were merchants cursed by Medivh to forever retrieve magical artifacts) were drawn by the scythe and spirited away to the Karazhan crypts, which is full to bursting with artifacts they've magically teleported around to obtain.

I forget how the nercromancy and undead came about.
>>
>>46091127
>>46091138
>>46091168
Damn, makes me wanna play WoW again. So much stuff I've missed when I was playing for the first time.
>>
>>46091161
>>46091168
>The Dark Riders are just a bunch of artifact-collecting pinatas instead of ghostly Death Knights
Well, this is disappointing.
>>
File: Dark_Rider.jpg (57KB, 476x587px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Rider.jpg
57KB, 476x587px
>>46091200
Eh. They're still pretty cool, imo.
>>
>>46091227
Man, he really does look like an old-school Death Knigth from WC2. I can see how >>46091200 could get his hopes up.
>>
>>46091227
Look at those eyes. Those are the eyes of a man who loves his job. There is absolutely nowhere he would rather be right now than on his horse, smashing skulls in with his mace.
>>
>>46091143
From my experiences, my time on private servers have been far superior to my experiences on retail... except for dealing with Alterac, elves, or anything related to the Argent Dawn. It always leads to wars, degenerate incest circle jerks, or villages full of gaia online rejects with Highborne who speak with french accents.
>>
>>46091272
>anything related to the Argent Dawn
How does anyone manage to fuck up Argent Dawn roleplay? Ghostbusting seems like a relatively simple concept.
>>
>>46091298
Heroic warriors of justice with a tragic history. It attracts all kinds of melodrama.
>>
>>46091008
Statistically, if someone is named William (a male name), it's far more likely that that person is a man and not a woman who just happens to be named William. The same is true with Chronormu and Adorgos.

Deal with it, nerd.

>>46091054
I'm just wondering why femGnome forms are so popular among dragons
>>
>>46091298
Not when your group is entirely filled with everyone-get-along noblebrights who spend a majority of their time ERPing in Chillwind Camp, thinking them being apart of a volunteer neutral organization raises them to diplomatic immunity status, and are so stupid they would raise the ire of the Wildhammer dwarves so greatly, that they are then banished from Aerie Peak. Also, so much so, that the Argents, proper, hold a trial over some of the players who represented them.

You can do it pretty easily.
>>
>>46091331
>TFW my last WoW-character was back in early BC
>Aristocratic Blood Elf warlock constantly trying to fuck women and absorb pieces of their souls during intercourse which rendered them infertile so he could feed the demon who allowed him warlock powers in the first place.

Being 14 and roleplaying is a bad combination.
>>
>>46091373
I know your pain. I once fell in with a guy who was playing straight up vampires. Not even the San'layn or however they're spelled, as this was in TBC. I eventually came to my senses, as most of us do, but goddamn I still fight the urge to cringe thinking back on that sometimes.
>>
>>46091373
I mean, as a concept that actually sounds pretty good-- very Dracula. You could definitely do something with that. I guess your 14-year-old execution was pretty terrible, though. Such is life.
>>
>>46091360
>so stupid they would raise the ire of the Wildhammer dwarves so greatly, that they are then banished from Aerie Peak
This is a story I have to hear.
>>
>>46091349
>Highly magical and knowledgeable, thus giving the dragon in disguise some excuse when accidentally casting or referencing past events that are somewhat exclusive to certain circles
>small form least likely to be associated with bighueg draginz

Also the writers clearly think that the twist of "cute little girly girl is in fact an ancient, wise and powerful supermonster" is still new and funny.

>>46091420
I'm surprised that the first reaction wasn't a rageing accusation of magical realming and "ow the edge".

Truth be told, the character got very little chance to develop. Only played him to lvl 12 or somesuch and, thanks to retail RP-servers having had next to no open RP going on, barely any situations presented themselves to play the character out.

So I went back to my orc-main for another half a month and then decided to quit WoW for good.
>>
>>46089075
>I feel like water and earth should be swapped around on that planar map

the real question is why order is next to shadow while disorder is next to the light

assuming the positions aren't just random, i can only imagine they wanted fel next to necromancy or order next to nature, because otherwise the arrangement looks odd.
>>
>>46091503
There isn't much to say about what occurred, but rather what had happened because of it, but I'll recall what I can.

>Around the start of the server, a bunch of groups ragtag groups join together and call themselves the Northshield Confederacy and want to claim much of Lordaeron for themselves
>Consists of of a claimant king, three degenerate groups and the aforementioned Wildhammer dwarves
>Radical decisions, a lack of action, and a few transgression leads to one of the degenerate groups redeeming themselves and executing the claimant. The Confederacy quickly disbands, with two groups disbanding after the fact and leaving the last two: the Wildhammer group and a group of High Elves.
>The High Elves were the most degenerate of the three, and go off to settle by the base of Seradane in a fleeting dream of founding a city. Their membership includes wayward Forsaken, children, and Highborne.
>A group of bandits come along and utterly wipe the degenerates off the face of Azeroth. At this point, the Wildhammers are now sick to death of anything elvish and noblebright -- and they're all around.
>Around this time, a new group of degenerates band together and call themselves, "The New Alterac Republic". Being a motley crew of races and failing to understand their roles, they choose to settle in Strahnbrad.
>Strahnbrad, in a territory surrounding by the currently squatting by ogres, the Frostwolf and Stormpike clans, the Syndicate, Dalaran magi, remnants of Lordaeron from Southshore and Stromgarde soldiers still wishing to make their claim of Alterac from The Alliance splinters.
>This leads to one of the biggest donnybrooks where each of these forces use the claim of land as an excuse to needlessly butcher these idiots
>The TNAR, as they've been colloquially referred to, try to say they are with the Argent Crusade and that attacking them would be attacking a neutral organization. Player members from the Argents back up the claim.
(c)
>>
>>46089665
Anduin Wrynn (Blizzard decided to actually show time passing) and Wrathion (through massive effort on the part of the Red Dragonflight, a single non-corrupt Black Dragon was hatched.)
>>
>>46091556
Order next to Nature is kind of weird too, since nature is generally pretty disorderly.
>>
>>46091724
>This leads to the TNAR to making an exodus to try founding a new village in Feralas. This leads to another entirely sordid affair that comes to the cost of several Night Elven Sentinels and a Priestess of Elune.
>Meanwhile, back in the Eastern Kingdoms, the Argent players continue to push the already crossed boundaries of what they can and cannot do
>On a visit to the Aerie Peak, a few of their members make off-handed insults to the Wildhammer players, and if I recall correctly, an assault
>This transgression leads to the entire banishment of the Argent Crusade from Aerie Peak. The Crusade higher ups send a formal apology for the guffaw
>The incompetence of the Argent Crusade, in an attempt of a pincer attack along with the Forsaken and Dark Iron mercenaries they've hired, lead to the deaths of many Argents and the total loss of Chillwind Camp.
>The camp is then taken by the forces of Stormwind and unofficially shadowed by Calia Menethil (another story).
>This leads to the Argent commander player to be put on trial in Hearthglen, and the Wildhammers are requested to attend as witnesses to the Argents' character. They oblige.
>While there, they encounter the Dark Iron mercenaries who are there in get in some of the most wonderful spats. OOC, they both hate degenerates and work to butcher them mutually.
>Argents try to ask both sides to calm down; both sides tell them to fuck off.
>At some point during the trial, a murder occurs and Hearthglen is put under lockdown, further angering Wildhammers as they are stuck with both Argents and Dark Irons. Full hostile with Argents at this point.

At this threshold, there was no salvaging relations between Wildhammers and Argents. And even then, the reputation between dwarves and the Alliance, in general, is entirely deterorated with the death of Vandarr Stormpike and the loss of Dun Baldarr.
>>
>>46091893
Sounds like almost everybody involved was an unreasonable cunt about everything; so it pretty much perfectly matches my experience with private servers.
>>
>>46091923
honestly official servers are not much better
>>
>>46091962
True, but on official servers the unreasonable cunts don't also have admins in their groups.
>>
>>46092026
true
>>
>>46091724
>>46091893
Having never played WoW, I'm curious how this stuff works. I mean, you talk about hiring mercenaries, making pincer manoeuvres-- is any of that supported mechanically, or do people just run around and say that they've got mercenaries following them?
>>
>>46091556
Possible thought:

>Light is energy, Shadow is stability (through absence of energy/stagnation)

>Provide the polar axis of the spiritual forces

>Disorder is raw and chaotic power and thus one of the most potent energies in the circle, so it is paradoxically associated with light

>Order is a focused and calm power and thus assumably based in self-control and values stability over potency, so it is paradoxically associated with shadow

>Life is unorderly motion but mostly calm, it has a mind of its own but usually acts in accord with other forces. It is primarily non-violent, but ultimately progressive, so it is associated with light, which is energy, but also paradoxically associated with order, which is calmness.

Death, I have absolute no clue. Technically speaking, Death is a certainty, so it would fit close to the "stability" end of the axis. But it is more of a requirement for disorder than disorder is the cause of death. The only reason disorder influences death is because it brings energy with which you could reanimate dead bodies, which leads to the undeath section, but ultimately there's a conflict of principles here that I can't really explain.
>>
>>46092118
Nah, none of it is supported mechanically. It's just a bunch of yahoos on a private server standing around doing make believe, while GMs fly around putting down set pieces to also help with the make believe
>>
>>46092118
Mostly just chatting and typing. However, due to it being a private server and admins having access to game altering commands and, as >>46092026 mentioned, those admins not always being neutral, I'm sure there's a lot of a lot of shit going on that technically could count as mechanical support.
>>
>>46092156
>>46092173
Crazy. How does something like
>This leads to one of the biggest donnybrooks where each of these forces use the claim of land as an excuse to needlessly butcher these idiots
even work, then? Do people just PvP to resolve fights, or does everyone just stand around saying "you're dead" "No, you're dead" until one of them gets tired and gives in? Like, I'm having a hard time believing any kind of conflict ever gets concluded in any way.
>>
>>46091154
>>46091161
>>46091227
>>46091244
>>46091264
Some merchants tried to con Sargeras-Meedivh into buying fake magic trinkets, he cursed them to immortally gather real magic items and bring them to Karazhan.

It's interesting that Karashan's magic only went into Duskwood isntead of up inot the rest of Redridge (Deadwind is technically part of the Redridge range) or down into Stranglethorn.

Oh and the First Horde sacking Brightwood also hurt.

>>46089349
Were they or were you just drawing from the fuckton of horse statues? I don't mind the mystery being broken, I just find "Oh, Medivh's mom built it" to be a bit of a cop-out.
>>
File: 1448340494971.jpg (236KB, 839x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1448340494971.jpg
236KB, 839x1200px
>>46092245
>Do people just PvP to resolve fights, or does everyone just stand around saying "you're dead" "No, you're dead" until one of them gets tired and gives in?

It's usually a mix between PvP events or d20 roll fights that are usually moderated by a DM.

However, most degenerates and legitimate, swear-to-god, Doctor-approved autists cannot DARE stand to lose their super self inserted character who has yet to make their appearance on the big stage, and will cry to the high heavens that even weeks of work be retconned because something inconvenienced them.

And it is worth many keks at how incredible those people are.
>>
>>46092245
WoW has a built in dice mechanic, at least in my experience that is traditionally used to arbitrate fights. You attempt an action, make an opposed roll against your opponent, and the action goes the winner's way. It's generally considered poor form to skip straight to actions that would kill on a success, naturally.

I was never terribly fond of it myself, but I can understand why people would want to do it that way.
>>
>>46092245
There's the command /em or /me, which allows you to type in your own "emotes" for roleplaying.

This way, you can enact combat in a way that is technically not supported by the mechanics. It still requires some form of consent, though, but with admins taking part in the roleplaying events there's apparently a "neutral" judge who has the final say in things because they can ban players who don't play along.
>>
>>46092293
> The tower of Karazhan, home of the sorcerer Medivh, contains horse head animal motifs in various ornamentation as a reference to Lothar and the Brotherhood of the Horse.[4]
[4] being a link to a New yorker article
>>
>>46092301
>>46092307
There's dicerolling in WoW? I completely forgot that. I do remember the "need" and "greed" functions on loot, but I completely forgot that there was a dice-rolling command.
>>
>>46089029
>Commune with others beyond the mortal realm to do the dirty work for you- primarily elemental and ancestral spirits. The power isn't yours, you've just got some pretty cool friends (or business partners, in some cases). Your power is gauged on how well you speak to, and listen to those friends.
I guess you could say that shamans make it a point to have friends on the other side.
>>
>>46092315
It could have just been because Medivh was bros with Lothar, and there's still several years before the Dark Portal even opens in Chronicles.
>>
>>46092311
>>46092307
>>46092301
That all sounds perfectly awful. Truly, WoW is the nadir of the franchise.
>>
>>46092349
what about the brothel, opera house and all the dinner guests?
>>
>>46089068
Some relative of Ogres, apparently a few were found in Draenor/Outland's fossil record, but most seem to be Azeroth native, maybe something going "Wrong" with Gul'dan and Cho'Gall's tow-headed-ogre rituals?

>>46092381
Some of the dinner guests mention hoping for an audience with Medivh, so maybe he was more social, but I just don't see either him or Aegwynn building those "Unnecessary" structures onto their recluse-tower.

Which is why I find it sorta unsatisfactory to just have her as the one who built it.
>>
>>46092379
To be fair, when you play roleplaying custom maps on Warcraft 3 like Titan's Land or Reign of Chaos, most of conflicts are also resolved either through intense chat or rolling dice and copious amounts of imagination.
>>
>>46092381
>>46092432
Karazhan was absolutely massive, though; and if Medivh made an effort to be friends with Lothar before he opened the portal it is entirely possible that the additions like that were put in simply to keep up appearances. I'm thinking more the dining hall than the brothel, here. I suspect the latter was put in for Wizard! reasons.
>>
>>46092463
It's also possible that Aegwynn simply added the "Tower" portion to a relatively squat structure that included the servant chambers, guest bedrooms (Turned brothel), stables, and dining hall.

Would also explain why there are town ruins around what was supposed to be a secret hiding place.
>>
>>46092453
>Roleplaying custom maps
I didn't realize that was even a thing. That's pretty cool, actually.
>>
>>46092156
I have to wonder if there are private servers where the admins actually place towns and NPCs where players decide to settle.

Or actually replace buildings in Stormwind with burning wreckage after a raid.
>>
>>46092523
I know some allow player groups to organize the settlement of a new town, and then they pop in buildings. Couldn't comment on the quality, but I know they exist.

Most ambitious one I know of is one a friend was telling me about a couple of weeks ago. Apparently they're rolling everything back to slightly before RoC begins and letting the players loose there with the expectation that unleashing them would cause all sorts of changes to the timeline.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_063015_183112.jpg (245KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_063015_183112.jpg
245KB, 1024x640px
>>46092512
One of the best ones was SotDRP. The creator made a series of maps and he even put a line of code where he could not be removed from custom names solely based on his account name, and would fuck with the,

>>46092523
There are. It takes a bit of doing with devs who know their way around noggit, but it can be done. Sadly, some towns aren't that great as players ask for buildings from different expansions that each vary in quality, so it looks like a shitty quilt at times.

>>46092603
You mean Project: Chaos? One of the main devs was the same modder who made SotDRP, 13lackcat
>>
>>46092512
They're tons of fun, but the maps are built for 12 players and it take sages to fill them. After about 5 to ten minutes just setting up, a the first people start to disconnect because of high latency. Eventually you're stuck with about 3 people trying to salvage the plot.

People have gotten very elitist, though, and certain GMs will kick you simply because they didn't like your style, regardless of quality.
>>
>>46085649
Source? Sounds awfully lot like headcanon considering I'v never heard about it before
>>
>>46092668
Oh god that Garrison version of the mage tower is so weak and puny, I miss the huge metal-girded one with the obelisks out front and the crisscrossing catwalks from Vanilla.

And is noggit the map-maker program for WoW?

>>46092956
Yeah, I've never seen anything about Hakkar being corrupted by his own cult.
>>
>>46092956
>>46092999
I'm pretty sure Hakkar was always an asshole.
>>
>>46093025
Maybe he was talking about Hakkar helping corrupt the other Loa in the region?
>>
>>46091349
Blizz already confirmed chromie is female so stop with your headcanon .
>>
File: npdj8QGY.png (55KB, 253x253px) Image search: [Google]
npdj8QGY.png
55KB, 253x253px
DE
>>
File: Zul'jinWallpaperCrop1.jpg (93KB, 469x653px) Image search: [Google]
Zul'jinWallpaperCrop1.jpg
93KB, 469x653px
>>46093145
AMANI
>>
File: loadscreen-zulaman-full.jpg (407KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
loadscreen-zulaman-full.jpg
407KB, 1600x800px
>>46093163
NEVA GIVE UP
>>
>>46093115
Stop feeding the trolls.

>>46093163
So many trolls.
>>
File: 1458013017083.jpg (56KB, 550x469px) Image search: [Google]
1458013017083.jpg
56KB, 550x469px
>>46093115
>ignores Blizz when he doesn't like canon
>supports Blizz when he doesn't like headcanon

What a cuck.
>>
>>46093674
I'll entertain you mister troll .
A name being prominently male does not default to the person being male, the chance that the person is male is higher but it is not certain.
>>
>>46093674
I know this is bait, and yet I cannot resist. The only difference between your actions and everyone else's, in regards to ignoring or supporting Blizzard's canon, is that others acknowledge their headcanon is just that. You repeatedly attempt to present your headcanon as official canon, and that is what earns you derision, not casting aside lore you do not like.
>>
>>46091143
>>46091082
>>46091272

>durr why aren't these RP servers providing top knotch roleplayers in an MMO freeform space

Gee you wonder why.

If you want decent roleplaying you need to find and cultivate people who match your tastes and basically form a secret not-shitty RP cabal. Trial and error, my friends, trial and error.

Same as getting together a decent TTRPG group, wargaming group, or any other kind of group really.
>>
>>46094651
When I started playing on RP servers, I always wanted to do the walk in RP thing. Its kinda cool. Which is why my DK is in darnassus, because people generally avoid it.
>>
>>46094702

At least its not brooding in the darkest corner of a cavern.
>>
>>46094797
nah. Its sad that there are flashes of a coherent and magical world in the game, and when you leave it, the entire world is locked in a gay ass conflict that blizzard stirred up and then dropped once they bit off more than they could chew.
>>
>>46094797

>tavern

Cavern still counts. Fucking Illidan.
>>
>>46094651
But that's exactly what we did.

But when we ran out of victims, and our rival cabal groups disbanded due to twindling population and the constant wank fest in Lordaeron, we also lost interest.

It's a problem with a lot of private servers as 60% of the population are humans that are, "DEUS VULT TAKE BACK THE HOMELAND."
>>
>>46094814

It would be easier if it was an RPG setting or book series. There's lots of cool little political things that could be going on, but being an MMO I guess they need to focus on big set piece moments above everything else.

The best you can hope for is quest writers would flesh out the world in their own way. But now we don't even have that anymore, huh?
>>
>>46094876

I imagine the kind of nerd it takes to get behind a private RP server and actually go through with it would be the types to physically pleasure themselves to the idea of 'Stronk White Human Crushes The Fantasy Nigger Races', even if the Fantasy Niggers are nothing like that at all.
>>
>>46094877
blizz did a good job with that.
At least during vanilla and right until cata hit.
Post Cata, the game has been directed at a different market entirely.
>>
Reminder:
Pray DK goes full world police and executes sylvanas for her crimes against the azeroth.

And also kidnapping Koltiras.
>>
>>46095024
It became less about the world and more about your snowflake.

It was better when you were a faceless murder hobo working toward the bigger goal but ultimately just a cog.
>>
>>46095484
You never where that, but keep belivin' it son!

You always where pretty important, however now it's just TOO much, I mean, you're the guy who choke-slammed the LK, kicked K'Js dick back into the nether, suplexed archimonde not once, but twice and made old god shishkebab 2 times in a row.
>>
>>46095532
BUT YOU STILL CANNOT LEARN MORE THAN 2 LANGUAGES.
>>
>>46095555
And human, who are natural diplomats, can only learn one.
>>
>>46092381

Harem was maybe set up by Malchezaar or Illhoof.
>>
>>46095564
WoW PCs are still basically murderhobos.
>Dumb as a rock
>Given fancy titles and generally still sent to "go murder random shit"
>Doing some dumb chores for random people

Hell, probably you don't actually get ashbringer, just a chinese knockoff ashbringer and you're too fucking stupid to check for a "Made in khaz'modan" in the handle.
>>
>>46095532
we start the leveling process as tools, and it is a observable process as we slowly but steadily rise to the murderhobo primus station.

Cata destroyed that sense of scale.
>>
>>46094876
>not LUX VULT
Are they even trying?

More to the point, don't they realize that there are many far more interesting ways to play Humans beyond the Scarlet Crusade?

>>46095024
I felt like Pandaria was pretty good with it's story, when it wasn't involved with the faction war.

Strike that, Blizzard's storytelling in general is better when not involved with an overly dramatic and poorly thought out metaplot.
>>
>>46095608
Also, they are being manipulated by every evil guy to do their binding. Like, the man in the duskwood who use you to stitch his abomination.
>>
>>46095564
>draenei, Forsaken and blood elves learn completely alien languages within a year or two
>humans still don't even know dwarven
>>
>>46095641
I think the only thing anyone has to do to win vs "AZEROTH'S MIGHTIEST HEROES" is "hey dude, here have some epix, go shank thrall"
>>
>>46095657
>Forsaken create an entirely new language to keep the living out of their sekrit club
>>
>>46095641
Or the "Earth Princess" in Arathi.

Or pretty much everyone.

We're even bigger suckers than the Scarlet crusade!

>>46095555
>>46095564
>>46095657
My troll was bugged an could understand Taurahe back in the day.
>>
>>46095633
pretty much.
Running around pandaria exploring stuff was fucking awesome.
>>
>>46095657
You forgot
>Blood elves literally forget all they knew about common
>So do orcs, otherwise how the fuck did they talk with the humans in WC1-3
>This only really applies to warcraft PCs (since NPCs still talk to alliance/horde nice and good)
>>
>>46095684
they made up their own language while at the same time nationally learning Orcish
>>
>>46095702
>HEY DUDE, WANNA HELP ME, I'M TOTALLY NOT A SKETCHY CHARACTER - Shady as fuck troll
>ok :D
>LOL I WAS SCOURGE ALL ALONG
>Noooooo! How could this happen to me! Who could've seen it coming?!

We're indeed the biggest retards in game.
>>
>>46095778
He did legitimately like us though.
>>
>>46095801
yeah, he liked that we were tools.
>>
>>46095672
As I said, Sargeras should just hand us some loot for ganking the nascent Titan incubating in Azeroth, and all his problems would be solved. If there's purples on the line, the PCs will figure out some way to kill the planet.
Afterwards he could just recruit the PCs to the Burning Legion, and let them go raiding other planets for more loot.
>>
>>46095684
Actually, the undead's language was basically Thieves' Cant and existed well before the Forsaken, so they just adopted it.

Though that's really beside the point, because PC languages are purely mechanical. There's nothing stopping orcs from learning Common or humans from learning Orcish in the lore.

Why all faction languages aren't shared is beyond me, though. Though I main a human mage. Arcane Brilliance has a glyph that makes my character all allied languages, fuck yeah.
>>
>>46094651
Fucking
No

The whole point is that we want to be able to immerse ourselves in a world where we have the opportunity to experience roleplay at ever corner, giving us the opportunity to hop spontaneously into a scene with complete strangers. Granted, having your core group is nice and all so you know you've got a secure stock of people to rp with, but we wouldn't want to reduce ourselves to our super exclusive club.

The analogy to TTRPGs is just outright wrong. In a TTRPG, it is just you and your group, so of course you'll have to test the waters and invest some time and see if you're a good fit.

This is motherfucking World of bitchassniggeridoo Warcraft, an MMO that at it's peak had an estimated 13 to 15 MILLION players.
First of all, there's already a major difference between an open world MMO and a TTRPG. The TTRPG only exists because you and four other guys decided to play it. An MMO is an ever present world where things actually do happen apart from whether you and your friends play it - There's thousands of others who play the game, as well.

And secondly, there's the fact that there's even today several million other players across all the servers of WoW. You would expect that those actually willing and capable of roleplay would number enough to populate at least a single server to an extent that you'd find good roleplay in action in all the cities and popular spots.

But this isn't the case. Instead of having a server's population grow into a steadfast and immersed community where newcomers can join in and have a point of orientation to learn and improve and old hats may still find themselves roleplaying with formerly unfamiliar people even after years of exploring the server and making a name for themselves, we're stranded with people going OCC most of the time, unwilling to even put in the slightest effort into their behaviour, thus leading to shattering the community into smaller groups that distrust eachother.

[cont.]
>>
>>46096526
But anon, what'll we use our epic loot on if Azeroth is destroyed?
>>
File: dqZk3RN.jpg (240KB, 1280x920px) Image search: [Google]
dqZk3RN.jpg
240KB, 1280x920px
>>46096526

And then we bump into Sanctuary, and the Nephalem obliterate us because they're dealing 900 million damage with every attack.

Specifically in groups of 4 or fewer.

They then take our ears and farm Sargeras for legendaries.
>>
>>46096625
Easy, the next expansion will be on Draenor V3
>>
>>46096669
Consider Arthas the Lich King's master plan: let the PCs (who are starting to become superstars) rampage all across Northrend and become stronger. Let them storm Icecrown Citadel so that, at the very last moment, Arthas can kill them all in one fell swoop and raise the world's mightiest heroes as the Scourge's greatest champions, such that the Scourge would be unstoppable.

Here's my question: would these newly-Scourged PCs still have a lust for phat loots?
>>
>>46096724
If DKs are any proof:
Yes. They also love PvP and are regressed to 15 years olds that like heavy metal.
>>
>>46096724
>Here's my question: would these newly-Scourged PCs still have a lust for phat loots?
Yes. See Arthas killing Saphiron.
>>
>>46096608
And with these groups distrusting eachother, we're stuck with the abominal shitfest that is the WoW RP-servers because everybody just keeps to themselves, circlejerking in their hugbox guilds so that nothing every goes against their lore. And because it's just people keeping to themselves, newcomers of course cannot improve because they first have to prove that they "can roleplay" before they get accepted into a group. This is where they usually end up being rejected, and if they end up accepted into the group, their roleplay just doesn't improve because it's the same shit every time.

Roleplaying servers were supposed to be about us giving true live to the world, and that's all of it, by playing our parts. Instead everybody retreated so they could make never "not" be the important people, and they are all sitting in their little corners of the world, leaving it ultimately dead and empty.
>>
>>46096777
that entire quest was so fun
>>
>>46096771
IF I SEE ONE MORE DEATH KNIGHT
WITH A THEME SONG BY NINE INCH NAILS
IMMA FLIP
>>
>>46096824
Ok. Mine is by cannibal corpse
>>
>>46096608
The difference between tabletop games and the MMO is that try as they might, players can't actually impact anything in the MMO itself. The world only moves when the devs move it. The world is in this weird sort of stasis, and the players have to make the best of it.
>>
>>46095778
>Clicking the Accept button on that quest
You had a choice to go through with it, Anon.
>>
>>46096625
We'll just start raiding other planets along the rest of the Legion.
>>
>>46096824
I just play the Doom OST while on my DK.
>>
>>46096824
no worries broseph. My DKs theme is Doki Doki from Babymetal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cirhQ8iLdbw
>>
>>46096824
My DK would politely ask them to find better music.

Then bodily throw the annoying half-wits off Acherus if they refused.
>>
>>46097051
This.
Technical death metal>NIN
>>
>>46096824
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n6WP9qHyRM

Buuuut generally speaking, theme songs are red flags for literally anybody. I mean, not that they're not fun to imagine for yourself, but it's tacky. So tacky.
>>
>>46097141
If you're not tacky, edgelordious and shit as DK you're playing DK wrong.
A that guy DK.

Same goes if your pets are anything but floating skull/LilKT+cat+roach
>>
>>46097197
>>
File: undertaker.jpg (848KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
undertaker.jpg
848KB, 1920x1440px
>>46097141
It works if your Death Knight is RP'd with the personality of a professional wrestler.
>>
File: 1402179855237.jpg (1MB, 1254x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1402179855237.jpg
1MB, 1254x1050px
>>46097306
I mean... They -do- have an insatiable, incurable desire to inflict violence on others.

So maybe some of them ham it up with showboating and the occasional metal chair.
>>
File: vince mcmahon walk.gif (967KB, 270x252px) Image search: [Google]
vince mcmahon walk.gif
967KB, 270x252px
>>46097401
There is no online RP situation that cannot be improved by the addition of professional wrestling.
>>
>>46096608

Tough shit, not everyone has the same interests or the same level of experience with roleplaying. Everyone has bias. Everyone sees themselves as their own protagonist. You just have to deal unless you form a group of like-minded individuals and have a coherent collaborative narrative going on between them.

But at that point you might as well play a TTRPG.
>>
>>46097306
>>46097401
>Blood DK choke holds shit while hamming it up.
>Unholy taps out for their ghoul.
>Frost elbow drops into the action.
>Supplex the Lich King off Icecrown.
>>
File: stone cold beer.jpg (87KB, 955x537px) Image search: [Google]
stone cold beer.jpg
87KB, 955x537px
>>46097523
>Stone Cold, the Dun Morogh Rattlesnake, interrupts the proceedings and lands a stunner on everyone in the room before making off with all the beer
>>
>>46097523
I wish I could name my ghoul
>>
File: fucko.png (316KB, 670x487px) Image search: [Google]
fucko.png
316KB, 670x487px
>>46097523
I hate you for making me think of this.

And I hate that I love it.

Reiteration: Hate.
>>
DK's in Hearthstone when?
>>
>>46097579
I doubt it will happen now, there's too much expansion content for them to go back and create themed DK cards for it all
>>
>>46097645
they are getting rid of GG and Nax when Old Gods drops
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKjUgLrDEbI
>>
>>46096693
It'd never happen, but Azeroth being destroyed and the heroes hopping to AU Draenor to continue the fight against the Burning Legion and the Void would be an interesting change to the status quo.

The new faction capitals are Karabor, Bladespire Fortress, and Shattrath (neutral). Ogres and Arrakoa become playable. Brings in the potential to explore the other continents on Draenor, and maybe even AU Azeroth.
>>
>>46097769
so wait Azeroth is getting fucked at the end of Legion?
>>
>>46097729
Oh. So it looks like I missed that window of opportunity.

I stopped playing for a while, tried to get back into it, but people pulled out bullshit GvG and Naxx cards that completely wipe the floor with me and their stupid mechanics.

There's one that is a 1 cost card with 3 damage and 5 health, and heals them when it dies. HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?

okay I'm done.
>>
>>46097789
No, I'm just saying it'd be an interesting change.
>>
>>46097796
>There's one that is a 1 cost card with 3 damage and 5 health, and heals them when it dies. HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?
lol wut, are you massively overreacting to Zombie Chow or just making shit up?
>>
>>46097769
I hope to god the void is not Amon.
>>
File: 1457717178440.jpg (194KB, 784x600px) Image search: [Google]
1457717178440.jpg
194KB, 784x600px
>>46097573
Happy to be of service.
>>
>>46097769
And then they could go to AU Azeroth that hasn't been touched by war.
That would be fun to see.
Though AU Medivh would probably still be kicking and still possessed.
>>
>>46097852
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS_keXTyAtw
>>
>>46097859
>Go to AU Azeroth with our Anduin Wrynn and try to convince AU Anduin Lothar to help you fight some new enemy
I... I kinda want that now.
>>
>>46097859
Or maybe that universe's Medivh never got possessed, so Blizz could reuse another lore character.

Plus doing the whole
>War is coming
shit would probably play right into Blizz's current GoT fetish.
>>
>>46097889
Oh god, can't stop laughing. My face is starting to hurt.
>>
>>46097859
>AU Arthas getting two Jainas
Damn, son.
>>
Ogrimmar leader kill achievement has being changed.

In legion its now " Damage High Overlord Saurfang until he humors you by pretending to die."
>>
>>46097969
Of course, Saurfang would take it easy on the players. If he let loose, he'd hit the tank so hard that the bronze dragons would have to go looking for him.
>>
>>46097840
Both, apparently.
I had false memories in my rage. Granted, I did manage to get Maexxna who can be ludicrously OP if used correctly- but she's a high priority target so she usually just get sheeped or whatever out of the gate.
>>
>>46097963
This is before Arthas is born yet.
So Jaina could go to young man Terenas and tell him not to have a son.
Or she could end up marrying him and becoming AU Arthas' mother.
>>46097911
>Or maybe that universe's Medivh never got possessed
Well, the AU Orcs were working on the portal on their side. I'm pretty sure Blizz would love a chance to bring Medivh back as a villain for you to quest against alongside Khadgar. Hell, it would give them an excuse to revamp Kharazan.
>>
>>46098024
>Or she could end up marrying him and becoming AU Arthas' mother.
God no, the last thing we need is Jaina/Arthas INCEST fics!
>>
File: 1411442822193.jpg (42KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
1411442822193.jpg
42KB, 500x371px
>>46097956
>>
>>46098055
Whatever did happen to Arthas' mother?
>>
>>46098024
>Or she could end up marrying him and becoming AU Arthas' mother.
Not that anon, but altering the timeline by marrying the father of the guy you love so that he wouldn't end up as the Lich King is kinda...wacky and crazy.

I LOVE IT.
>>
I wonder if Bolvar will rally the scourge to fight the legion at some point.
>>
File: kel__thuzad.jpg (403KB, 785x1100px) Image search: [Google]
kel__thuzad.jpg
403KB, 785x1100px
>>46098177
I want Kel'Thuzad to pop back up and take the crown from Bolvar, becoming Lich King himself and making a competent invasion of the living lands.
>>
>>46097729
>>46097796
Wow, that's annoying, I was considering getting back into it but that sounds like a mess.

>>46097889
That really needed either a duet with the original female voice or just the straight up original, the male version just isn't as good. (If it's the one I am thinking of that strung together multiple cinematics)

>>46098024
Double Khadgars trying to free AU Medivh from AU* Sargeras?

*I know about the one-legion-all-timelines rule but it's fucking retarded so I ignore it.

>>46098177
He's worried about the Dreadlords hijacking his forces while he's distracted so he has allied with the Ebon Blade to hunt them down and banish them.

Frost DKs help temporarily silence the echoes of Ner'zhul and Soulless-Arthas inside his head by "killing" them for a little while.
>>
>>46098096
Well, AU Ner'zhul was banished into the realm of death. Which means he's not really dead and could... oh fuck. He could be back.
>>
>>46098227
The real question is, how would Kosak handle a double Azeroth situation?
>Two Sylvanas Windrunners
>Bitch queen vs. still-living AU Sylvanas

His poor brain probably would probably break down trying to decide which one to support.
>>
>>46098227
you play zombie chow early to negate the healing effect

http://www.hearthhead.com/card=1753/zombie-chow#mechanics
>>
File: 1270497922285.jpg (54KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1270497922285.jpg
54KB, 500x750px
>>46097859
>Sylvanas can go there and meet herself before she died and became the Banshee Queen
>>
File: scissors-funny.png (234KB, 461x535px) Image search: [Google]
scissors-funny.png
234KB, 461x535px
>>46098314
>>
>>46098284
Well, yeah. And here's where we have it.

I'd tell you this. I'd give a lot of money to see an expansion where the players jump into AU Azeroth to screw with the timeline via time travel and beating up Brown Dragons there to make sure Arthas wouldn't turn into the Lich King.

Wacky hijinks and a lot of awkward appears. They also make sure AU Illidan gets some bone that he's denied and help in the battle against AU Archimonde.

And then everyone in the AU-verse starts asking themselves what the hell just happened.
>>
>>46098219
I want Kel'thuzad to serve Bolvar faithfully while making snide comments every time Bolvar doesn't take the evil way out of something
>>
>>46098328
Yeah, and she discovers her alternate-self was hanging out with the prince of Lordaeron...
>>
>>46098415
>Bide our time. Skirt the edges and destroy the straggling Legion forces.
>It would be far more expedient to simply... wash over them all in a tide of destruction and mayhem, my liege.
>KEL'THUZAD.
>... buuut I will do as you say, of course.
>>
>>46096824

This was mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep9Vzb6R_58
>>
File: 1458088121931.jpg (254KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
1458088121931.jpg
254KB, 1500x844px
>>46098407
Well, AU Illidan is still in prison. Being molested by Maiev.
And AU Malfurion would still be sleeping.
>>
>>46098407
>Prime universe adventurers find Deathwing's lair and kick his ass
>Cataclysm averted
>Eventually, Vanilla WoW 2.0 happens but with a less shitty Lordaeron
It's like pottery.
>>
>>46098520
And AU Staghelm would still be in a corner crying about how he could totally run things better, while making snide remarks at fledgling adventurers.

Really, does it surprise anyone that the jackass turned evil?
>>
File: 1383881293613.jpg (87KB, 420x504px) Image search: [Google]
1383881293613.jpg
87KB, 420x504px
Knowing our luck the Mirror Universe version of the Alliance invades Azeroth after we push the Legion back.
>>
>>46098219
I want someone to hug Kel'Thuzad.

>>46098415
That dynamic would work.

>>46098455
Oh the faces she'd do. Sylvanas would probably go ballistic on her AU self.

Also it would be awkward to see Sylvanas accidentally traveling to the past of AU Azeroth and meet kid Arthas.

>>46098520
I swear she's full-on yandere for Illidan. I will not be surprised if in Legion her obsession with him is actually wanting to have those Demon Hunter genes but she cannot say it in a different manner except for caging the poor sod.

>>46098566
Also no Forsaken. Then again their existence in the Horde is questionable.
>>
>>46098488
>We'll send some wyrms carrying charriots to carry the people out of the small village and then deploy naxxramas
>It'd be easier to just deploy naxxramas and spread blight everywhere, then rise them all as an army
>KEL'THUZAD
>...I'lllll go tell sindragosa
>>
>>46098415
Grand Vizier Kel'Thuzad->The cult of the damned (liches and necromancers)
High lord Darion Mograine of the ebon blade->DKs
Anub'Arak, the restored prince->Nerubian forces
>>
>>46098754
shame that Blizz scrapped the Necromancer class before WoW launched.
>>
>>46098654
>I swear she's full-on yandere for Illidan. I will not be surprised if in Legion her obsession with him is actually wanting to have those Demon Hunter genes but she cannot say it in a different manner except for caging the poor sod.
Shame that Blizz keeps taking its villains so seriously. It would be great to see Maiev try to hunt Illidan while he fucked with her by dropping mixed messages the entire time.
>>
>>46098815
Necromancer hero class when?
>>
>>46098177
He does. He's where Death Knight player characters get their artifact weapons from.
>>
>>46098885
Unholy DK.
>>
>>46098885
unholy DKs in Legion
>>
>>46098939
Fuck DKs.
>>
>>46088230
This sounds cool, plus it would be more interesting to see such a dynamic relationship between Femrian and Jaina arguing over what to do with the Horde vs what they normally did. Not to mention just the idea of Femrian just beating the ever living shit out of that dragon is making me have a giggle.
>>
>>46098937
that reminds me to make a DK after leveling my night elf mage to 100. (mage TP has spoiled me)
>>
>>46098937
BOlvar is going to be khadgar tier I feel.
>hey kid, go kill ner'zhul and arthas spirits
>'cuzthey're evil??
>fuck no, they don't let me sleep.

>Mhm yes. Go to karazan and raid the catacombs
>Mhm, yes, yes, go kill some demons and steal their shit.
>>
>>46099055
DK will spoil you harder, BDK cannot die.

I'm not shitting you, actual "I don't know how to die"-tier of bullshit, walk into 60 guys and walk away with their heads. 6 elites? No problem.
>>
>>46099116
>6 elites? No problem.
I miss the days of soloing all the 5 man group quests in Icecrown because BDKs just don't die
>>
>>46098954
I suppose you could, if you don't mind diseases.
>>
>>46099154
DK still pull that shit.
>mfw i'd level up mine but lego quest
I'-i'll miss you deathcow.
>>
>>46099158
>>46098954
>DKs
>For sexual
Remember
C&C&C
CLOTS
COLD
CANCER
>>
>>46099233
This is why the wife and I only cuddle.
>>
>>46099206
>DK still pull that shit.
but group quests no longer exist, let alone 5 mans. My DK is still good at pulling ludicrous amounts of people at once though, fucking blood boil and D&D, best AoE's in the game
>>
>>46099286
>It's going away in legion
why you do this to me blizzard?
>>
>>46099415
They're also removing Gladiator stance and fistweaving, so it's not DKs are the only class losing something fun.

Hopefully other fun stuff gets added.

Demolock is looking pretty awesome.
>>
>>46099415
DK's are losing blood boil? or D&D? Either way that's retarded
>>
>>46098871
Well that's Acti-Blizzard for you.

Though I really hope it will turn into something like this.
>>
>>46099532
BDK is getting castrated in legion.

>>46099572
BDK is going back to cleave vs heroic strike in legion, also having dogshit AoE and dying each other second like in cata. Oh and being slow.
>>
>>46099532
>removing Gladiator stance
FUCK.
Glad Stance is so much more fun.
I still want sword and board DPS for Pallies.
>>
>>46099532
I'm kind of torn by the Outlaw spec for the rogue.
On one hand, yeah, swordmaster that play dirty, that is pretty cool.
On the other hand, we are losing nearly all the stealth opener, and even sap.

But I'm definitely playing outlaw rogue. And Paladin, if i can get over Tirion's death
>>
>>46099625
>But I wanna be overpowered, abloobloobloo!
>>
>>46099671
>BDK was OP
Kek, the class is in life support since cata, only used because gorefiend's.

Oh wait! You're that angry cucked minigamer aren't you?
>>
>>46098092
Wonder what kind of story might be made if these mixed together?

>Something something Elsa needs help
>CAn't control her powers, accidentlies her sister
>Arthas feels her power over the ice, sends out small shades to observe
>Elsa flees further from her ice castle after her sister dies
>Asshole prince attempts to hunt her down to secure kingdom for himself.
>Elsa on her last legs as the hounds hunt her down.
>Arthas makes an appearance and one shots the hunters.
>Offers to teach her how to control her powers.
>Elsa accepts for no other reason than her last tie to humanity died by her own hand.
>Arthas approves as secretly Elsa reminds him of Elsa, now he can secretly mold Elsa into never leaving him like Jaina did.
>Crawling_in_my_skin.mpg
>Elsa just happy to have someone that has similar powers, though the armor looks pretty scary.
>>
File: 1450661938822s.jpg (3KB, 119x125px) Image search: [Google]
1450661938822s.jpg
3KB, 119x125px
>>46099616
>Activision-Blizzard
>Together to ruin your preferred games
FUCKING DAMNIT!!!
>>
>>46099646
On the plus side, the rogue specs are actually meaningfully different from each other. But I'm still torn on whether I should stick with combat/outlaw or see if the new Sub rogue is good.

But my top three in Legion are arcane mage, feral druid, demonology warlock.

I currently have 14 capped characters. One of each class, plus an extra mage and two extra druids. I REALLY like druids. Resto druid is just so satisfying, seeing the entire screen turn green. I'm leveling a second prot warrior right now, though, this time Horde side.

Only specs I haven't played are destruction warlock and prot paladin. Though I got stuck tanking more than once with my ret paladin. Retarded raid geared tank walked off the platform on Skyreach (normal)'s first boss and I had to cover for him. Paladins are just frustrating right now. Not as frustrating as Balance, though.
>>
>>46099817
I am still going frost spec for ebonchill

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19942703/
>>
>>46099767
>Make WoW expansions that are getting worse with new content and lore
>Make SCII that reads like some WarCraft fanfiction recycled in space (and they did WarCraftize the series)
>Make Diablo III that has a bullshit plot and is used by shitposters to cherrypick and troll those who prefer Diablo II
>Allow Metzen to run this shit

And it all started to go bad when Blizzard NORTH got canned after ActiVision took them in.
>>
>>46099854
>tfw blood elf fire mage
Felo'melorn her I come
>>
blizzard loves to fuck with shit that is not broken.
>>
>>46099879
>Make SCII that reads like some WarCraft fanfiction recycled in space (and they did WarCraftize the series)
I dunno, I remember SC1 being pretty similar to WC3 plot wise. One person trying to hold shit together, one hero becomes the very thing they were fighting against, etc.

Hit a lot of the same points, though not in exactly the same ways.
>>
>>46099730
What the Fuck is a minigamer?
>>
>>46100063
I have no idea
>>
>>46100063
PvP player.
They're normally the number 1 person that is always angry about something and extremely salty about everything, specially being reminded that WoW is a casual game with a pve focus.
>>
>>46100044
Well SC is like WarCraft in space, but I'm talking here about the atmosphere, the setting and the people there. I loved the Cold War atmosphere in SC, the way that Zerg were simply both genocidal and seeking to evolve further, Protoss being angry muscular space elves who will do sometimes extreme things while fighting and Terrans simply trying to survive...AND THEY TRASHED IT.

HELL, THEY BLOODY TURNED KERRIGAN FROM THE QUEEN BITCH OF THE UNIVERSE INTO A CARBON COPY OF SYLVANAS.

They could've at least done a better redemption arc for her but no, they needed to re-infest her for the finale.

Hoping they'll redeem the game if they release a expansion with the UED being the new antagonist.
>>
>>46098584
>Iron Horde
>Steel Alliance

POTTERY
>>
>>46100499
>Iron
>Steel
>Pottery

Anon, that's metallurgy. Pottery is when you use ceramics. A Terra Cotta Horde, if you will, and a Bone China Alliance.
>>
>>46100570
Are your autistic or do you not know your memes?
>>
>>46100698
>>46100698
>>46100698

New thread.
>>
>play post-Cata 1k Needles
>starts off with le wacky goblin hijinks
>all of a sudden, amphibious silithids
[screams eternally]
>>
>>46100619
It was a joke, anon. Only a joke.
>>
>>46100241
What are you talking about?
Kerrigan is much more likeable than Sylvanas.
She actually had her humanity back.
>>
>>46100720
That would be better. Pre Cata is was harpies and More 'wacky goblin hijinks lol'
>>
>>46101860
In the stupidest way imaginable.

And then reinfested herself.

And then went full Xel Naga.

And that defeats the whole point of Wings of Liberty.

Oh, and turning Mengsk into a Saturday Morning Cartoon Villain.
Thread posts: 357
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.