[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you describe a Neutral Evil Cleric of a Lawful Evil or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: witch4.jpg (86KB, 750x921px) Image search: [Google]
witch4.jpg
86KB, 750x921px
How do you describe a Neutral Evil Cleric of a Lawful Evil or Chaotic Evil god? The only thing I can think of is, "I really like your aims, but you know, can you dial it down a little bit on the being a dick?"
>>
>Lawful Evil
Old Testament

>Chaotic Evil
New Testament

>Neutral Evil
Clergy.
>>
>>46069799
>alignments
>>
>>46069811
This, after a fashion. One of the core tenets of Evil is being selfish and doing things that benefit you personally. You're not going to see anyone devote themselves to Evil deities because they believe in the cause, they do it because they were coerced or they think they have something to gain.
>>
>>46069876
>You're not going to see anyone devote themselves to Evil deities because they believe in the cause

You'd probably get a few, but they'd be pretty crazy.
>>
>>46069799
who is this plastic priestess
this silicone sibyl
this trashy theurgist
this duck-lipped diviner
this chintzy clairvoyant
this hollow haruspex
>>
>>46071063
svetabily
>>
>>46069799
How the hell do you figure that the neutral evil character would tell a lawful or chaotic evil god to dial it down?!

Neutral evil is the MOST evil and dangerous alignment since it's pure evil without any kind of code or honor (lawful) or any kind of variation (chaotic)

Neutral evil clerics are the ones that get told by their gods to try to put some feeling and variation into their evil or try to believe in SOMETHING.

Neutral does NOT mean that the cleric is somehow a more garden variety, friendly evil.
>>
>>46069799
"I'm going to worship this guy, and do what they say, but only when it gets me power or pleasure or money."
>>
>>46069799
Stop overthinking alignment. It's there to accommodate you, not the other way around.

Also NE is just as dickish as LE or CE.
>>
>>46069799
titties
>>
>>46069799
Why's this bint standing around all dressed up in a lumber yard?
>>
>>46071159
This.

Neutral doesn't make you any less evil in any way, you would be an evil sociopath instead of a regular one.
>>
>>46071093
oh I didn't actually care, I just wanted to make up descriptive alliterations.
>>
>>46069799
"Heretic".

>Lawful evil
Sacrificing others to benefit yourself is the highest morality. Upholding a system of law and order is the best way to guarantee your benefits.

>Chaotic Evil
Sacrificing others to benefit yourself is the highest morality. Undermining systems of law and order creates more opportunity for self-benefit.

>Neutral Evil
Sacrificing others to benefit yourself is the highest morality. A system of law and order can be useful to this end, but feel free to undermine it if you see a profit there.

A Neutral Evil priest could get by, as long as they openly supported or undermined the local system(s) of law and order according to the tenets of their faith. But the more they privately question the practice, the closer they get to losing their powers.

I'm assuming a setting in which the gods exist and magic is real. As far as I'm concerned, that changes everything. You don't get to be a cleric wielding holy power by paying lip service to the divine principles of the deities you worship. You gotta go all in on that shit.
>>
>>46073003
>2016
>Not making allusive alliterations

Get on my level, anon.
>>
>>46069799
You agree with their aims, not with their methods. Maybe you want to achieve the same goal, but don't have the patience for the LE god's methods or the CE god's abandon
>>
>>46073784
>You agree with their aims, not with their methods. Maybe you want to achieve the same goal, but don't have the patience for the LE god's methods or the CE god's abandon
Now all you have to do is explain why a god would grant a portion of real ultimate power to someone who doesn't actually, you know, serve them.
>>
>>46073865
Because gods gonna god and manipulate their chosen mortal instruments.

>Haha, suck it gods, I'm only looking out for number one! Me! I'm not motivated by aaaanything except my own selfish needs!

Mmmhhh yesss, just as planned...
>>
>>46073865
>Surrender to the will of the night, Glen Cook, p 106
>"Wouldn't that be some shit?" the old man asked the salty air. "If the gods were autistic?"
>>
>>46069811

>New Testament
>Chaotic Evil

Why? New Testament is Neutral Good.
>>
>>46069799
I'd say that the LE god would get annoyed at how easily NE Cleric would break rules and not care
CE would complain that Cleric has 0 passion

NE is almost almost described as Me > All, though a more restrained version of NE is TN
>>
>>46074432
I think anon meant early catholicism.
>>
>>46074575

Early Catholicism was the very definition of Lawful Evil, though.
>>
>>46074615
I meant early early, as in christian barbarians during the fall of rome early
>>
>>46074432
>>46074575
>>46074615
>>46074678

Jesus/God are definitely Chaotic Evil in NT.
Chaotic because there's no rhyme or reason to gods/jesus actions in the NT, and evil because god frequently kills innocents or causes suffering for people who had no way of preventing it.

They're chaotic as fuck, mercy and love one moment and the next jesus calls people out for not murdering disobedient children because they pointed out that he didn't wash his hands before sitting down to eat.

God/jesus are Joker-levels of chaotic and the only thing they're consistent about is crazy overreacting and murdering people who make mistakes.

If you actually read the NT Jesus is a collossal asshole. The only redeeming feature he has is that he is, supposedly, always in the right because he's jesus, no matter if he wilfully confuses people so they'll go to hell instead of being saved, or advocates killing people for silly reasons.
>>
File: 4243138011.jpg (61KB, 431x496px) Image search: [Google]
4243138011.jpg
61KB, 431x496px
>>46074719
>>
>>46074719

Here's to (you)
>>
File: What_am_i_reading.jpg (59KB, 526x300px) Image search: [Google]
What_am_i_reading.jpg
59KB, 526x300px
>>46074719
the fuck are you talking about?
>>
File: god-comp3.jpg (510KB, 780x3781px) Image search: [Google]
god-comp3.jpg
510KB, 780x3781px
>>46074719

Nah man, all that's definitely more OT than NT.
>>
>>46074719
way to roll a 1 on your diplomacy.

even the necromancer is staring at you cross eyed.
>>
>>46075060

The fifth one from the left is fascinating because it doesn't take into account Catholic belief in "virtuous pagans," which is to say a man or woman that had never known Christ but otherwise led a virtuous life will still be saved, or at least plopped into purgatory.
>>
>>46075351

It sometime was applied, other times not.
>>
>>46075351

>All Catholics believe that virtuous pagans get special treatment
>Catholicism is the only form of Christianity
>>
>>46069799
>Neutral Evil
>"Dialing it back on being a dick" compared to other alignments
Neutral Evil is the "I need to be a dick so thoroughly and consistently that I don't have any room left to commit to Law or Chaos" alignment, anon.
>>
>>46075948
Best definition I´ve read so far.
>>
>>46069799
Speaking of "dialing down on the dick" ops pic is svetabily, some Instagram slut. Second Google result of the pic

Classic blunder etc etc..
>>
>>46075731
It is, heretic filfth
>>
>>46074719
Here's a (you) you're desperately looking for today
>>
>>46076044

>I'm a Christian
>>
>>46069799
>Neutral Evil Cleric of Lawful Evil God
I don't think this would work, except if the Cleric would deliberately act in a lawful way to please the god, but only for the selfish purpose of getting his protection instead of actually believing in his dogmas. So this would only work if the god is not able to see through this, or for some strange reason doesn't care.

>>46069799
>Neutral Evil Cleric of Chaotic Evil God
I don't see any problems here. The god shouldn't care much what the cleric does as long as he follows orders, and there shouldn't be any reason for the cleric to have a problem with this, as long as it's not a suicide mission or some shit like that.
>>
>>46075060
Literally all the stuff I mentioned in my post is from NT, have you actually read it or did you just get the cliff notes?
>>
>>46074826
>>46074946
>>46075298

>We haven't read NT but our feelings tell us you're wrong.
>>
>>46076492
I did, Luke 12, nowhere do I see any "kill disobedient children" for not washing his hands
>>
>>46076017

Had no idea who the picture was in the OP, it's was in my character pictures folder.
>>
>>46076343
On the Lawful side, I think it's which god you worship. Bane don't give a fuck unless you're making with war and tyranny. Loviatar don't give a fuck unless you're causing pain and suffering.
>>
>>46076341
mang, that just makes ou like... a DOUBLE heretic or something, or maybe heathen? I always forget what the difference is...
>>
Neutral evil clerical of a lawful evil god- I always picture this one as a machiavelian polítican. Literaly Frank underworld. Scheming tô advance his own power without any restraint.
>>
Neutral evil cleric of a chaotic evil god then?
>>
Chaotic evil gods tend to be more tribal like. while the chaotic evil priests would lead his tribe in batle and set the example the neutral evil priest would be the elder and sickly ones.Tolared because of the gift but never with the power they think they should have. The ones that will give the players ´´a deal´´ and sell the entrance or map of his village for his life. Scar from lion king is a good example of one.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.