[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Video game roleplay is the one scene I've found where I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Krudfag_96dad4_709204.jpg (50KB, 450x408px) Image search: [Google]
Krudfag_96dad4_709204.jpg
50KB, 450x408px
Video game roleplay is the one scene I've found where I can create characters, roleplay freely on my own terms and invest untold amounts of hours into it and still enjoy myself while having a relaxing experience. Unfortunately, most of it is shit and there's a very young audience drawn to that type of roleplay, and I'm no longer in that agegroup.

Is there any kind of video game roleplay worth seeking out? In MMO's, or otherwise?
>>
>>46031934
Have you considered tabletop role-playing
>>
>>>/v/
>>
>>46031934
>>46031988
Play TRPGs online. Best of both worlds!
>>
>>46031988
>>46032042
I do tabletop roleplaying games regularly, and have a weekly GURPS game in which I GM. But I simply can't sit down after the day's work is over and relax for a few hours in the same way that I can with a video game.

>>46032015
/v/ despises any idea of roleplaying, and seeing as it's storytelling and building characters collaboratively in a similar way that roleplaying games is, I assumed it would be fine to post this on /tg/.
>>
I used to do some fun RP on Minecraft but that shit was ruined by spineless OPs who can't make decisions or enforce rules, large numbers of children who consume RP content but do not produce RP content, and crybabies who cannot accept consequences of IC actions.
>>
>>46031934
If your willing to wade through an inland sea's worth of shit to find them there are a small handful of decent roleplay groups active in MMO rp comminities. Finding them is a pain.

Never Winter Nights used to have a good active RP community but it's been years since I've played that game so I've no idea if they are still there.
>>
>>46031934
Get your ttrpg friends into MMO roleplaying, ruin your lives.
>>
>>46032320
There's a couple of good rp servers still around, most of them are invite only though so get ready to jump through some hoops to get in.
>>
>>46033971
Having never touched NWN, can you point me in the right direction?
>>
Guild Wars 2 has some servers that role-players call home, but I can't give you specific information as I've never role-played there (and barely in any MMO). I don't know how large and active those communities are, but they shouldn't be hard to find by just looking up server lists or guild recruitment posts. And since Guild Wars has a pretty rich setting and lore, including a few novels, there should be material enough to support all kinds of storylines.

I think the base game is free to play now, with a couple limitations that wouldn't matter to role-players. Other than that... I haven't touched an MMO in a long time. But look up Sword Coast Legends, it has a toolbox that might be interesting if you can locate other role-players to share stories with. I think it's mostly dungeons, though; I don't know how big and varied the game world is.

NWN does sound like a good place to look based on the things I've heard over the years, but I can't point you to anything specific.
>>
>>46032241
>can't relax
>playing GURPS
No shit
>>
>>46034402
I've been out for long enough that I doubt that most of the servers I haunted are still around. A couple of Google searches turned up a NWN2 server Aerlith that's looks pretty solid for heavy RP. Having never been on I can't vouch for it but it looks promising.

Something else I just remembered is there are a couple of third party private RP servers for world of warcraft that would be worth a look if that's more your thing.

And finally as another anon mentioned Guild Wars 2 would be worth a look.

Good hunting anon!

No catchpa, hamburgers are not sandwitches.
>>
File: Wait, you're serious.gif (1MB, 288x198px) Image search: [Google]
Wait, you're serious.gif
1MB, 288x198px
>>46031934
>video game roleplay
>video game
>roleplay
>>
Roleplaying in MMOs nowadays is like sticking a hatchet into your leg and trying to win a marathon. Shit sucks major donkey balls, there is no way to create good plots, there is no support for it and you can't even murder faggots that piss you off. RP was a coincidental victim of the casualization.

NWN and NWN 2 are fucking dead. Best thing you can hope for is a NWN 2 server with 50 individual actives per month. The only people left playing these are the worst fuckheads you can imagine.

It disgusts me, but your best bet by now are Minecraft RP servers. Minecraft ist the only current and living game that allows for any kind of roleplaying server to be set up.

There might possibly be one or two decent private MMO RP Servers, but I know nothing about that scene.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.