[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have more fun carefully constructing maps and settings than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 10

File: 18kyc1vh3w87hjpg.jpg (176KB, 800x536px) Image search: [Google]
18kyc1vh3w87hjpg.jpg
176KB, 800x536px
I have more fun carefully constructing maps and settings than actually playing. Send help.
>>
File: Chairman approves.png (34KB, 411x454px) Image search: [Google]
Chairman approves.png
34KB, 411x454px
So you like creating maps/settings over playing. There's nothing definitively wrong with that. You're still embracing escapism, and you're still harnessing your imagination; but instead of something only you could appreciate, you are creating something tangible that can be shared with anyone you wish. So you should show off your maps and settings and get people interested or even invested in wanting to play in your world. Next thing you know, you're DMing your carefully and uniquely made worlds, and that spark for playing is back.
>>
>>46031873
the man is right. You may never enjoy playing as much as creating, But that's just fine. Your creative juices are flowing, you are crafting your own fun, and if it results in more fun, for more people when you share your creations all the better!
>>
>>46031691
>Send help.
I don't know how to package and mail a face slap.
>>
I exclusively roleplay as cartographers and civil engineers.
>>
>>46031691
has ever a fantasy map been made that doesn't have exactly the features you have?

>A harbour with a partial wall
>slums
>mid-city-ruins (might be a cemetary, excuse me if it is
>keep (no, not all medieval cities had keeps)
>>
>>46031984
Next time I make a map i'll be sure to add a dildo field in the middle for you
>>
>>46031691
not olny do I have more fun making the maps, I spend vastly more time on them than I ever do playing RPGs nowadays.

I should just offer to make maps for other gamers commercially.
>>
>>46031691
>>46031984
It's also not OP's map. Read the legend. TEMPIO DI MYMIDIA. TEMPIO DI MORR

This is a city state in Warhammer Fantasies not!Italty republic, Tilea
>>
>>46031691
I need a map if you'd like to help me. I need a walled city/town in the middle of an open plain with to rivers crossing eachother in the center of the town, like an x. Add whatever buildings and districts you want, doesn't matter. If you want to do that, you can just post what you got in the "Anonimi Thread"

Thanks or no thanks.
>>
>>46032008
oh did I hurt your little whore feelings? Is it too much to look at an actual map of a city of the time instead of just thinking "Oh boy, what are the best cliches?"
>>
File: 1457658027195.jpg (42KB, 622x242px) Image search: [Google]
1457658027195.jpg
42KB, 622x242px
>>46032192
>>
>>46032062
> with to rivers crossing eachother in the center of the town, like an x.

Er..........

I'm not sure you fully understand how rivers work, there.

See, water flows downhill. It flows, till it joins other flows, and then they flow downhill. all the way to the sea.

Rivers do not split as they go down. The only way thay you get branching like that is if you get small islands, usually in a snaking flood plain.

you could get a Y shape.
you might get a () spit with an island.

but you'd never get an X
>>
>>46031984

>A harbour with a partial wall

That's not necessarily a fantasy thing, they're for keeping the harbour free of waves.
>>
File: The idea.png (821KB, 1517x1059px) Image search: [Google]
The idea.png
821KB, 1517x1059px
>>46032260
Oh I know, the second off shoot would be man made to reach the coast cause the original one just went further down the continent before reaching the ocean.
>>
File: 62050764.png (361KB, 858x725px) Image search: [Google]
62050764.png
361KB, 858x725px
>>46031691
>I'm making a fantasy-related thing and I need a font that looks like either handwriting or printed words from a fantasy universe.
>It should be something that looks fantastical and isn't too easily recognizable to the average person so they aren't pulled out of the illusion the second they see it.
>lol fuk that imma just use Papyrus
>>
>>46032379
in which case, all water would flow into the new channel, and the old one would slowly dry up.

unless the second one were sealed by locks, and was a canal....
>>
>>46032421
Well yes, its supposed to be the walled city of 4channels :D
>>
>>46032301
yeah, it's just not in every, EVERY city as it seems to be on /tg/
>>
File: facepalm4.gif (706KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
facepalm4.gif
706KB, 300x300px
>>46032463
>>
File: sm0184-Genoa-plan-l.jpg (169KB, 867x628px) Image search: [Google]
sm0184-Genoa-plan-l.jpg
169KB, 867x628px
>>46032502
It's only natural.
Genoa is the best city state.
>>
>>46032572
Seriously though... That's the idea, its for a race that is basically Anons and that just happens to be one of the ideas. The whole things is meant to be a tasteful parody of 4chan and board culture.
>>
>>46032572
Anon is from the Anonimi thread, it is literally a 'race' based around being tiny hobbit sized 'annonymouses', identityless midget hive mind.

I don't think realistic fluid dynamics is high on their list of priorities.
>>
>>46032636
If I could make a suggestion, instead of four intersecting rivers, have a lake in the center of the city from which four channels, controlled by locks, have been cut out of. The lake is supplied by an aquifer that bubbles up from a maze of caverns deep below ground called the Undernet.

The large lake that forms the centre of the city of four channels is known as The Moot.
>>
>>46031691
Share your maps that you don't pan on playing with.
>>
File: Anonimi kommando .png (148KB, 603x423px) Image search: [Google]
Anonimi kommando .png
148KB, 603x423px
>>46032826
Small than hobbits mate, they're only about 4 to 5 inches tall regularly with the exception of /fit/izens.

And the walled city I want is a human sized walled city that's being reclaimed by nature.

>>46032857
See this is why I came here, this guy just made that so much better. We really don't have any clue what were doing and just asking for help.
>>
>>46031873
bring back the evogame
>>
>>46031691
Me too OP. No help here.
>>
>>46031691
>send help
with what? no problem here
>>
Speaking of maps, are there any easy ways to make cool looking maps over for example hive city streets, landing pads etc for 40k?
>>
>>46031691
>Send help.
Ok.

https://secure.profantasy.com/library/demo.asp

I'll need your email though.
>>
>>46032260
>>46032379
>>46032421
Typically rivers merge into one, but not necessarily. There really are examples of rivers splitting. Where hard rock means so much water can go one way, while the rest goes another way. (And it's hard, so the water doesn't just instantly plow through and make it bigger). That divides up the water just enough to reach two different water-sheds. And it's more then possible for a temporary split. Hell, all river deltas.

ANYWAY. I could totally see some sort of legal obligation forcing a king to do some engineering to redirect a river. A city/village rising up to maintain the structure sounds like a basis for some interesting intrigue.

>>46032463
. . . You're a terrible fucking person and all bards must die.
>>
>>46031691
You guys might be interested in these series:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUl4u3cNGP63hVXZEMszpS_CWvUFsURr6
>>
>>46031691
I am in the same boat. I have never even played a game, i would be absolute shit at GMing, but i have dozens of ideas for planets, factions, buildings, cities, political systems, deities and vistas.
>>
File: 2016-03-14_22-01-47.png (385KB, 944x724px) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-14_22-01-47.png
385KB, 944x724px
I've been trying to make a decent looking town map for my online campaign, but I'm having trouble. So far this my favorite result, but I still don't like it. Basically, I make a kinda lumpy shape and then cut houses out of it. Then I randomly recolor a lot of the roofs. I've been trying to go for somewhat realistic populations and scales, rather than the three-houses-and-an-inn approach you see in a lot of fantasy media.
>>
File: my feels.jpg (60KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
my feels.jpg
60KB, 720x540px
>>46031691
Are you me?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.